A few requests from your friendly neighborhood safety marshal, January '17 edition

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
24 Jan 2017 23:03 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Hi all...

A request or two from those of us on the Safety Marshaling staff.

Request the First- I am certain everyone sees and watches the weather reports.... and laughs at how inaccurate they can be- is amazed at how a forecast can change in a day.

From the looks of things, this weekend's expected highs and lows are going to run the gambit of low 40's as a high to the lower 20s. Please dress appropriately and remember spare pairs of socks. While it won't be Mud Realms, there will be puddles about as there is rain expected Thursday.

Your feet will thank you for having changes of warm dry socks.

Request the Second- Remember to eat and drink *something* periodically through out the weekend. Food and Water/beverage will help keep you going.

Water will also prevent dehydration... and in this cold, dehydration is a Very Bad Thing. Combine it with inappropriate dress and cold weather injuries occur.

Cold Weather Injuries.... are 100% preventable.

Request the Third- Don't be afraid to ask for help if you hurt yourself.

Its what we are here for and there is a safety marshal within three to five minutes of almost everywhere in camp, if not the mod you are on.

See everyone Friday!!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j), Daggerfist (prawnbait), Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
24 Jan 2017 23:19 #2 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
I second everything said here.

Don't let cold and dehydration get to you before I can!

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
25 Jan 2017 09:12 #3 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic A few requests from your friendly neighborhood safety marshal, January '17 edition
Can we get a reminder of the hold rule so no one else has burnt pants legs?

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
25 Jan 2017 23:31 #4 by JTinney (Swordsaint)

Moostrav Potrevski wrote: Can we get a reminder of the hold rule so no one else has burnt pants legs?

It should be brought up during Lay On Briefing.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds