Updating Your Magic Item Cards

11 Jun 2008 21:09 - 12 Jun 2008 16:16 #1 by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre)
Updating Your Magic Item Cards was created by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre)
Recently, we've been discovering more and more Magic Item Cards, regardless of type, that are either out of date or have skills/spells/prayers/etc, that no longer exist.

Please take a moment to review your item cards to make sure they are all valid.  For example, if you have an item card that has the prayer "Divine Circle" on it, that item is out of date. 

Any item out of date that is brought in is simply updated to fit the current rules.  If an exact match isnt available, we'll do the best we can.

There is no such thing as a "grandfathered" effect.  There may be items with unique effects.  But if you have a scroll of Sleep, or a ring with Sleep spells in it, well guess what, it doesn't work at all and you're sitting on a completely useless item.  But if you bring it in to be updated, you'll turn that completely useless item, into a completely usable item.

Also, as a reminder, if you have an item with abilities in it and it is not permament its your responsibility to stop using it once its out of date.  Using items after the ritual or power has expired is no different than calling that 5th slay whn you can only have 3.

Lastly, if you're not certain if your item is valid, don't hesitate to ask me, or any rules marshal, at an event.    Trust me, I'm not going to remember the items you have.  I forgot the item I gave someone three months ago until the person used it against me this past weekend!...well unless you're Andy...

In service to Kormyre,

Lord Alexander Renaudierre of Frostguard

~~~
Roy S.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2008 16:16 by .
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds