A few requests from your friendly neighborhood Safety Marshal- March 17 Edition

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
11 Mar 2017 09:18 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
A few requests from your friendly neighborhood Safety Marshal- March 2017 Edition

Request the First- As before, folks watch weather reports and some folks just simply do not pay attention to what they report, for whatever reason. While the reports for this event show mid-30’s to mid-40’s, we all know this can change in an eyeblink- especially with the super-snow due for this area come Tues the 14th.

Please ensure you have the RIGHT clothing, multiple change of socks and if you have them, a spare set of suitable footwear.

While remaining in garb and character is important, sacrificing health to do it is kinda silly (at a minimum). Please be mindful of this.

Request the Second- As I almost always say, please remember to eat and drink while at event. Your body needs fuel to burn and process for energy… and its that energy that allows you to go kill daemons, undead, (insert monster here) and other activities that comprise an event weekend. Remember, if you are shivering, your body is trying to tell you its in a place that is not conducive to good health/welfare of your person. For those of you who play MMO's, think of it as a slow drain on your healthbar....:cool:

Cold Weather Injuries are 100% preventable as long as one is mindful of their environment and personal condition. I’m happy to say we have been pretty good on this score so far this winter…. And I (as well as the rest of the Safety Marshals) would love to see a big fat Zero in the Cold Weather Injury column for KR injuries this winter season...

It means y’all are listening and being smart. That's awesome and I hope everyone continues to be that kind of awesome.

Request the Third- DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR ASSISTANCE IF YOU DING/HURT YOURSELF during game.

Safety Marshals are here to give a hand to you and make sure you enjoy yourself at event despite possible harm. As stated before, there is usually one of us within three to five minutes of you should you need us, sometimes much closer. Add in that there are MANY among the players who have the same skills or more who can help until one of us gets there….

… Means there is no reason to be a Hero and tough it out. LARP is not life or death (well, maybe not for you personally; For your PC is another matter…) and while sucking it up is cool and all, don’t sacrifice personal RL health for no good valid reasons.

See ya all next weekend!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Brian T. (Renthios), Adertha (mlouscher), Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62), Finn (Fenris)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
12 Mar 2017 12:56 #2 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
ADDENDIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This coming weekend forecast has changed to bring the prospect of Snow (yeah I know- more of the white stuff!) for Friday into Saturday. Please ensure you bring proper garb, gear and be careful driving in Event.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Finn (Fenris)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
15 Mar 2017 12:30 #3 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Wipers up! Be prepared to dig your car out! Gas up! ^_^ Winter is comin'!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moostrav Potrevski ()
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds