Week in the Life 2017 Directors Announcements

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
25 May 2017 09:13 - 25 May 2017 09:19 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Week in the Life 2017 Directors Announcements was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Week in the Life 2017 Directors Announcements
The much anticipated Week in the Life event is less than a week away!
Here is a link to general info: www.knightrealms.com/events/event-inform...-the-life-event.html
Additional info below!

General Description of WiTL
The concept of the Week in the Life, is to allow you to play your character in a very different environment. It is what your character may do on a day that you are not in the middle of solving the secrets of the universe and saving the world. For the first half of the event, there will be no major plot to solve and no major enemy to fight, because it is not about that. The purpose is to embrace the mundane part of the game world and the more laidback aspect of your character. You will have plenty of time to do the things you otherwise might not have the time to at a regular event, such as casting rituals and ceremonies, strengthening your bonds with your allies, and spending more time spying on your enemies. You might find that your character has the time to hang out with those you normally do not, and as a result make new friends both in and out of game. You might decide that you want to grill outside, go fishing in-game, sell your wares all week, chop firewood, plant trees or gardens, write in-game letters, or any other number of things your character might be interested in doing when they are not worried about an army of mind flayer mummies threatening to wipe out the town.

There will be constantly hidden treasures in the woods, and random encounters sent out. The encounters will be interesting but mundane in scope. We will constantly send out as many encounters as we can, with the limited number of NPCs we may have, but at no point should you be bored because you are waiting around for something interesting to happen. Its not about the encounters, its about you embracing the down time and choosing to utilize it in a way to immerse yourself into your characters regular life.

Hidden Treasure
There will be a lot of hidden treasure out in the woods. About three to five times as normal. There will be hidden locked boxes, satchels, essences, fragments, linen bags filled with gems, special items such as butterflies and roses and fruits with special properties, and the return of the hidden super box; a larger than normal box that is hidden really well, but will yield exceptional treasure.

Boating
For the first half of the event you will be aloud to go boating. Boats will be unlocked and available as well as the boathouse where lifejackets and ores are. The boats in both the lake and the large pond/small lake will be available for use, as will fishing in the lakes, swimming etc. For the WiTL portion you will not need a lifeguard, but you will be responsible for your own safety and will enter the waters at your own risk. Please make sure that when you are done using boats, oars, life vests etc... you place them back exactly where you retrieved them from. Boating equipment should be available in the boat house that I will unlock and leave open.

Be respectful of other peoples food
While there will be many cook outs and camp fires, please keep in mind that more than likely someone who is cooking food had to put out a lot of money for that food, and planned it out ahead of time with a group of people. Please be courteous, polite and understanding about that fact when stumbling upon cookouts.

Parking Cars
Please do not Double Park, or park in between the inn and the barn, OR park in between the barn and the rangers house. The only car that should be between the barn and the rangers house is the directors vehicle. This is not just for this event, but for every event.

Food/Trash and Bears
Keep your food sealed, and be sure to bring your areas trash up to the dumpster periodically, to prevent drawing the bears attention to your area.

Ticks
It’s the season to be weary of ticks, so please check yourselves often.

Sunburn!
Especially when you are hanging out near the lake, make absolutely sure you use sunblock cream, and re-apply often. Absolutely bring some with you. If you forget try to borrow some, or go back out to get some. Serious sunburn is no joke, and very easy to get if you are not careful. Please take this warning very seriously for your own sake.

Sign-In
Sign-in will begin on Wed around 5PM and will be a “Soft-Lay on” meaning there will be no opening ceremonies, which means after signing in you may go directly in-game. You should not be hanging out in in-game areas oog, you should sign-in and get in game. For the week portion of WITL, only I will be handing out and signing character cards for registration. I will be around most of Wed night in logistics to sign people in, however at various times for the week portion I will not be in logistics. During those times I will leave my phone number at the logistics table and anyone can either feel free to text me to ask me to come to logistics to sign you in, or alternatively you can come look for me. Worse case scenario, even if unlikely, if I cannot be found for a few hours, get into costume and play and look for me in-game and we will then go get your card squared away.

PVP
Because of the relaxed atmosphere we do not allow PvP for the first part of the event. No thievery of PC belongings or attacking PCs. The point of the event is to live in your character in a relaxed atmosphere, not be stressed out about whether you are going to be player ganked, or robbed blind at every turn. Also because of the possibility of a much lower amount of characters present, it could create an extremely unfair opportunity for both.

The Gates
After Wed night, I might keep the gates closed and "Dry locked" (looks locked, but lock isn't pushed in and actually locked) which means you will need to get out of your car and open the lock and gate before driving through. If this is the case, please do me a favor and drive through the gate and then immediately stop and re-"Dry lock" the gate.

Alcohol Policy
For the weekday portion we will allow those of legal drinking age to consume only a moderate amount of alcohol as long as they do so in a discrete, non-disruptive and respectful manor and adhere to any and all laws. Anyone found to be grossly intoxicated will have this privilege revoked from them for future similar special events, and may be asked to leave. Absolutely no alcohol is allowed on Friday and beyond.

Transition into weekend
Friday at noon will be a "Soft" hold. You may continue to play if you wish, but realize that the game does not go into full gear until Lay-On, which you should make every reasonable effort to be present for, even if you choose to stay in game on Friday.

Maximize your down time!
This event is always a lot of fun. There are a lot of opportunities for character development and growth and that can be accomplished for a character when they are not pulled frantically in every direction, every waking moment. Re-read the description of the event and embrace the in-game relaxation and utilize this once a year, block of in-game "down time" to its fullest! :)

Character Cards
You will only be receiving one normal character card for your character regardless of whether you play one portion or both portions of the WiTL event. Because the first portion has no PvP and is very laid back, we will be running that portion completely off the honor system in regards to your tagged skills and points. Your cards statistical section should be used for the weekend portion only. If you are using points for crafting or the such for the WiTL portion, simply make those notations on the note sections of your card.

It will be very clearly marked on your card, whether you have paid for and are receiving the build and credit for both portions of the event, or only one portion.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 25 May 2017 09:19 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleidin (Kleidin), Tom P (Father Ridigan), Velius (Velius), Swyft (agentswift), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wili (), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds