Island Week in the Life

28 May 2017 23:04 #1 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Island Week in the Life was created by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Hey gang!

I got a great team of players working on making the Island a fun place to hang out for Week in the Life. Steve gave me permission to post here with some out of game info. We'll have Night Harrier Crew on the island from 11-6 on Thursday and Friday. We'll have shops on the island open during those times, food and drinks for sale, games to play, and of course the treasure hunt. If you want to check out the island outside that window go for it. We'll have cool atmosphere set up and you can of course look for the treasure. Please respect our personal property though.

The Treasure Hunt Prizes:
There are two chests full of loot.
Each chest has one artifact mechanically designed by Steve Oros with the phys rep crafted by Evin Hodges.
The rest of the treasure will consist of gold, weapons, armor, and whatever else I decide to toss in there. We'll see what happens.

The Treasure Hunt Rules:
1-No tag skills will benefit you: no tracking, treasure sense, psionics, ect. the point is to do the scavenger hunt with your friends. the reward is truly epic, we want everyone to have a fair shot at reaching it first. I have in game reasons for why skills like this would not work but for the love of James's ponytail please don't make me debate all of you.
2-It is encouraged that you play with a mix of old and new players. I was initially going to have separate chests for folks below and above level 30. I decided that it would be better to create an opportunity to strengthen relationships across the level divide.
3- 1 chest can be found via 3 pieces of a map which was made made by Riza Almazan. If you find a piece of a map bring it to someone on the Night Harrier Crew. You'll be able to ask a yes or no question as to the location of the chest. The more pieces of map you find the more benefit this will be. (Crew reserves the right to not answer said yes or no question if not pertaining to the treasure hunt)
4-The second chest will not have clues leading towards it. You'll have to find it the hard way. Chest two has a magical lock that can only be opened by finding a hidden cipher and solving it. The Cipher was also made by Riza and is as difficult as the map is beautiful. You'll need time and patience to solve it.
5-You can lie about finding pieces of map or the cipher.
6- You can copy down the cipher and share it with friends if you want.
7-You can share the answer you received for turning in your map piece.
8-You can also lie about the answer you received for turning in your map piece.
9-When you find a chest of treasure immediately bring it to someone on the Night Harrier Crew. DO NOT open it without a Night Harrier Crew Member present. Remember you cannot open the one chest till you find and solve the cipher.
10- We will be arriving at game late on Wednesday night. Please give us time early Thursday to set up atmosphere, hide the loot, and hide the clues.

We've been hard at work and are very excited to create this area of game for all of you. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister), JTinney (Swordsaint), Velius (Velius), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist), Mantel (sigma-j), Ergos (arieslink), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds