NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP

• Kirsten
  • Thank Yous: 105
26 Sep 2017 09:57 #1 by Kirsten (Lotano)
NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP was created by Kirsten (Lotano)
Hey everyone! The NPC costuming is in need of some basic tabards. Specifically we are looking for black, gray, brown, green, red or blue tabards (solid colors please and more of the black/gray, brown/green than red and blue). Typically between cost of materials and time, each tabard would be worth about 400 SP. From now until December we are offering double SP for each tabard. Yes, that's 800 service points per tabard! And for those who sew and are in the know - we are offering 1200 PER TABARD for reversible tabards of any combination of the two colors requested.

Don't know how to sew you say? Talk to your sewing friends, offer to purchase the supplies, broadcloth solids usually run about $5 per yard, and split the service points:

Symphony Broadcloth Polyester Blend Fabric In Solid Colors
Detailshttp://www.joann.com/symphony-broadcloth-solid-quilt-fabric/prd10006.html
$2.49-$4.99/yd

Know how to sew but you're not sure how to make a tabard? There's a handy article attached to help.

I will start taking these donations at the October event and will answer any questions as well as I can. Take advantage now to help improve NPC garb AND get the SP before the KR Banquet for a sweet, sweet cash-out!

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
  • Kirsten
26 Sep 2017 10:00 #2 by Kirsten (Lotano)
Replied by Kirsten (Lotano) on topic NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP
Attachment not working for me - here's the link:
www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...QU6rYD9BS9whSX8B6wjQ

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
26 Sep 2017 12:49 #3 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP
Are we talking about a basic rectangle with a hole in the middle? With finished seams, of course.
Or is there a need for more intricate work?
What dimensions work best as a generic tabard?

Thanks
BA

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
  • Kirsten
26 Sep 2017 14:32 #4 by Kirsten (Lotano)
Replied by Kirsten (Lotano) on topic NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP
Just the basic tabard - rectangle with a head hole, finished seams and neck facing. The link I posted suggests 2 1/2 yards of fabric. Cut off the 1/2 yard to make the neck facing. Cut the rest lengthwise to the measurement from your left to right shoulder plus 1 inch. Do the head hole with facing, finish the edges - voila, 800 service points. Construction should be less than an hour. Like I said though, reversible ones are twice the material (actually a little less because you don't need the 1/2 yard for neck facing) - but the exact same amount of work and will gain you 1200 sp per :)

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon), Ephrem (bamore62)
27 Sep 2017 18:35 #5 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP
Once I get a paycheck or two in, you'll have some from me!

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
  • Kirsten
04 Oct 2017 14:52 #6 by Kirsten (Lotano)
Bumping this! Only two more sewing weekends until the October event!

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
04 Oct 2017 15:29 #7 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP
Question for you! Is broadcloth the only type of fabric you would like used for these tabards?
Just asking because I have fleece in some of the requested colors left over from another project.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
  • Finn
  • Fenris- " Just call me finn..."
  • Thank Yous: 8
09 Oct 2017 18:37 #8 by Finn (Fenris)
Replied by Finn (Fenris) on topic NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP
i just picked up fabric to make 2 tabards in each color (black, green,red,blue, and gray). I wont be at the Oct event but i will giving them to other player who is attending. should i pack them in a box with my Player # inside, then tell them to drop in off in logistics when they sign in?

Finn (Fenris Graye)
WolfPack

OOG
John Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Kirsten
10 Oct 2017 14:12 #9 by Kirsten (Lotano)
Jenn, I'm not gonna say no - use what you have! We can use some fleece ones for the winter. Thanks for asking :)

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
  • Kirsten
10 Oct 2017 14:14 #10 by Kirsten (Lotano)
Finn - That sounds fantastic. Make sure my name is on the outside of the box and I will make sure to get your SP reward amount to the card marshals. Also, put you player # and full OOG name inside so we can make sure and get you the SP.

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
  • Kirsten
19 Oct 2017 11:22 #11 by Kirsten (Lotano)
With the announcement of the new SP reward amounts, I get to happily say that these tabards are going to be worth EVEN MORE SP!

I have edited the amounts below:

Hey everyone! The NPC costuming is in need of some basic tabards. Specifically we are looking for black, gray, brown, green, red or blue tabards (solid colors please and more of the black/gray, brown/green than red and blue). Typically between cost of materials and time, each tabard would be worth about 600 SP. From now until December we are offering double SP for each tabard. Yes, that's 1200 service points per tabard! And for those who sew and are in the know - we are offering 1800 PER TABARD for reversible tabards of any combination of the two colors requested.

Happy Sewing!

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
  • Kirsten
24 Oct 2017 10:49 #12 by Kirsten (Lotano)
I received one donation of several great tabards in October. I will be in Logistics for sign-in through the November event, so keep them coming!

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Finn (Fenris)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
24 Oct 2017 11:19 - 24 Oct 2017 11:20 #13 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP
Quick note - I managed to unearth a LOT of blue/black reversible tabards when I cleared out the pile of fallen garb. Grey & red are the two colors most under-represented from the list Kirsten provided (we have zero of those); green/brown we have a small handful but could definitely use more.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
Last edit: 24 Oct 2017 11:20 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirsten (Lotano), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Finn
  • Fenris- " Just call me finn..."
  • Thank Yous: 8
24 Oct 2017 13:10 #14 by Finn (Fenris)
Replied by Finn (Fenris) on topic NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP
Im assuming my box got to you safely then, and I hope they were exactly what you were looking for!

Finn (Fenris Graye)
WolfPack

OOG
John Michael
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
24 Oct 2017 16:30 #15 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic NPC Costume Donation Drive - Tabards Double SP
I went to 39th St in Manhattan and haggled a great price on cotton/poly fabric at $2 a yard. I bought a bunch.
The colors I could get were: black, white, red, green.
What combo of reversible tabards would be useful to logistics?
green/white? red/black? or some other combo?
I have a nice method for doing reversibles (the black/blue ones in logistics were the ones I made) and can crank out a good number of them by the Nov. event. I'm not sure exactly how many yet - I have to do some calculations, maybe 8 of each set.
I couldn't find grey or brown, which seem to be in demand. Sorry.

Let me know the combos and I'll make the reversibles.

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
  • Kirsten
25 Oct 2017 08:28 #16 by Kirsten (Lotano)
Any combo is fantastic. For November we need a lot of green, black, gray and brown - so making green/white and red/black reversible works great! That way we can use the green sides and the black sides. Thank you so much!

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.644 seconds