The Flu Situation

24 Jan 2018 22:24 #1 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
The Flu Situation was created by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
A check of the CDC site reveals that the flu has been deemed widespread throughout the U.S. Everyone in this community should know this as soon as you go to work, school and interact with friends and family. Read the attached information regarding symptoms from cdc.gov:

Flu Symptoms

Influenza (also known as the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by flu viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The flu is different from a cold. The flu usually comes on suddenly. People who have the flu often feel some or all of these symptoms:

Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
Cough
Sore throat
Runny or stuffy nose
Muscle or body aches
Headaches
Fatigue (tiredness)
Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.

Notice that the flu is contagious. I urge any player who is exhibiting the above symptoms to stay home and seek treatment. Each month, we hear stories about a few to many players reporting that they are sick a few days after a gaming weekend, likely from exposure to a person who was sick.

The flu is serious business. Please refer to the CDC website at cdc.gov for further information. Again, if you are sick, it is best to stay home and get better. To anyone who is sick and has to miss this weekend, there is good news: the February event is right around the corner.

Have fun and be safe!

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Liz (Liz), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist), Dustiria (mytho2), Daggerfist (prawnbait), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds