Item Conversions for Knight Realms 2.0 Rules Release

• Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
09 Feb 2018 00:07 - 12 Feb 2018 16:20 #1 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Item Conversions for Knight Realms 2.0 Rules Release was created by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Item Conversion For Rules Updates

In March 2018, when the rules go live, ALL items currently in the game will become invalid. Over the next few months we will be rewriting all items.

In Logistics at this event there will be a large box of manilla envelopes and a stack of paper sheets (which also can be found AT THIS LINK .) This sheet contains roughly every item that has a gold piece value (if you have items that are not on the list, we can handle these separately, just write a note about them.)

Please take one of these sheets, fill out the quantity of the items you are turning in (which should be all of your items), put the item cards and sheet in the envelope, and turn it in to the marshal on duty. Please also label the envelope with your name and player number. If you are not comfortable doing the math, we will do it for you, but please fill the "quantity" column of everything on the sheet that you are turning in. If you're feeling tech savvy, there is a "Fill Online" tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet that will automatically calculate the value of each row if you fill in the quantity.

Between events, we will tally your GP value and write it in a note on your character card. Some time around the February event, we will announce a process for purchasing new equipment in the new rules, which can be completed online or at the March event, March OOG social, or designated times at all events after that (will be announced prior to each event.)

Q: What about rewrites?
A: Artifact and Unique/Personal Ability Rewrites will happen over the course of several months. If you turn in an artifact or ability for GP, you must write a note somewhere in the envelope that explains this. We'll assume any Artifact in the envelope that isn't labeled somewhere as being traded in for money will go through the rewrite process. / We will contact everyone rewriting an Artifact, or who has a Unique/Personal Ability, to start the rewrite process. Please wait for us to contact you or post more about it before contacting us. We will only trade an ability in for Gold if you instruct us to. / Card rewrites will be announced immediately after the rules are posted.

Q: What about people with multiple characters?
A: The rewrite and conversion process will be a unique opportunity to transfer wealth between your characters (similar to retirement wealth.) Please include all items in ONE envelope per player, regardless of how many characters you have, and you will be able to redistribute that across all of your characters when we announce the conversion process.

Q: What if I have an item that I don't want to lose?
A: If you have a novelty item, something that has no GP value, something sentimental, etc. or a special item that you don't think will be repurchaseable (such as a restricted lore Tome, special material weapon, etc) please include an itemized list in your envelope and we will convert them to the new rules and new cards.

Q: What if my item isn't on this sheet?
A: Please include an itemized list of all strange items and I will calculate the values for you.

Q: What if I won't be at XYZ event?
A: Turn it in at the next event you attend. We will still accept rewrites. Unfortunately, we cannot accept turned in items without the physical cards being presented to us, except in the case of Bound items that are written on your character card. If you only wish to turn in Bound items and cannot do so in person, please email me.

Q: Can I email my turn-in list?
A: You can email me the list but we cannot process the conversion until we have the cards.

Q: Doesn't this conversion reward people who hoard consumable items?
A: I believe the opposite to be true, actually. If you are turning in fifty consumable items, you have to pay more money than what you received for them in order to keep fifty consumable items - you're more likely to end up with about fifteen to twenty in the end, assuming you're spending the same amount as what you received. However, if you turned in ten weapons or armaments, they're actually cheaper to repurchase, so you end up with a higher return on permanent gear, with some gold leftover to purchase something you didn't have to begin with.

Q: Can I spend Gold from my bank account?
A: Yes. Anything extra you spend over your "total wealth" will be deducted from your Bank.

Q: What about Commodity cards?
A: Hang on to them for now and we will process the Commodity changes after the rules are released. This will be a much quicker process that can take place in person at events with any Marshal during their Logistics shift.

Q: Relics expire very fast, is there a way we can make this work for players who don't come to the game very often?
A: This is a really fair point that we didn't consider too much. On the opposite side, being permanent, it means the people who have the skills to make relics/runes use them a lot in the beginning while everyone is gearing up and then rarely use them again after about six months to a year from the skills being released. Otherwise, it becomes a mentality of "I'll learn the creation skills until I finish making everything I care about, and then I'll unlearn them and learn something else instead." We want everyone's skills to be useful. However, we also want people who only come to one game every six months (or less often) to not have to spend several hours at each event they attend looking for new items. So we'll discuss some potential fixes for this over the next few weeks, though the solution may not be implemented right from the beginning.

Q: What happened to mantles?
A: They're gone. You can now stack one of each building enhancement on an area, they will last for whatever their duration is, and then they will expire. So, for example, a Rune of Sustenance is personal only to the wielder, but there is an enhancement put on a area that reduces rest time for everyone in that area.

Q: What happened to Combined Materials? / Can I gain the benefit of both material types in a Smelted Material?
A: Smiths have an ability called Smelt Materials that allows you to combine one unit of two different standard materials to create one unit of a special Smelted material. The materials must be of the same type (so two metals, or two leathers, or two cloths.) If both material benefits are periodic - such as a Wyvern Scale/Dire Beast Hide pauldron - you may invoke only one of the benefits per encounter (so in the Wyvern/Dire Beast example, you may only invoke either the Poison attacks or the Willpower, but you do not have to choose until the time of invoking.) If either of the material benefits are passive, such as granting a damage type, you may benefit from both types.

Q: What if I have more questions?
A: Email me at and I'll answer you as soon as possible. If you post here, I will add your question to one of the relevant FAQs and delete your post to avoid clutter when I need to make more updates to this post. Please do not be alarmed if your post is deleted.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 12 Feb 2018 16:20 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
09 Feb 2018 00:07 - 09 Feb 2018 02:20 #2 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Item Conversions for Knight Realms 2.0 Rules Release
Repurchasing Items

Once you have your total wealth, you can begin to repurchase items. If you added the totals yourself, you can begin this process before we confirm your total wealth, though adjustments may need to be made if a value needed to be changed or a unique item was part of your wealth. If you did not add the totals yourself, once we process your envelope, you will be able to find your total wealth in the Player Notes section of your character card, which can be viewed online. You may also use gold in your bank when purchasing new items.

CLICK HERE to view the Item Purchase Chart.

Online Repurchasing
Here's a step-by-step process of how to do the purchasing entirely online. If you hate the Google Sheets interface or otherwise are unable to use it, skip to the next section. Note that the spreadsheet has several tabs, which can be seen in the bottom lefthand corner.
  1. Open the link and navigate to File > Make a Copy. Please name the document in the following convention: Items - "LASTNAME, FIRSTINITIAL" ("PLAYER NUMBER"). So I would name my document Items - Turqman, T. (3)
  2. On the Armaments tab (the first tab) select the type of armament and the material it is made out of. If there are any special notes, such as special components or any other needs you have, put them in the notes section, and then note the quantity. Note: the Consumable Items tab has a number of things that can be included in weapons. You may want to check out some of the items when making your weapons if you have the extra gold to spend; notably Cabochon, Metallurgic Amplifier, and Saltpetre. Adding one of these items only costs the amount it would cost to purchase them.
  3. On the Consumable Items tab, you can view each item's effect by mousing over its cell. On mobile, you can view the note by tapping the cell and selecting "view note." Like with armaments, when looking at the consumable items, you may find components that you want to include in the items. Simply add them in the "notes" section if you want them. If you want only some of the items in one row to have special components, just write that in the notes.
  4. On the Runes tab, just select the runes you would like. Write in the notes which Relic they are supposed to be placed in, if any.
  5. On the Trinkets/Scrolls tab, choose the rank (MP cost)/build cost of the ability in the dropdown, then write the name of the ability in the notes, and note the quantity.
  6. On the Additional Effects tab, write information relevant to the effect in the notes section, such as what the title is, or the subject of the lineage.
  7. SHARE the spreadsheet with me - - and set it so I can edit and add people to it. Or, make a shareable link that anyone can edit, and email it to me at that address. The document will only be shared with the team processing items.

Offline Repurchasing
If Google Sheets is not your friend, you can do this offline. Honestly, spreadsheets are still the easiest way for us to handle this conversion. Just put each row as "Item name/description", "Base price", "Quantity", and "Total price".

If you still can't do a spreadsheet, make an itemized list on LINED paper with all the relevant information.

Repurchasing At An Event
If the above two options are impossible, you can repurchase items at an event with one of us, however this can only be done at certain times depending on the Rules Team members' availability. We will announce what times we are available for this starting at the March event.

CLICK HERE for info on Materials and Armaments.

CLICK HERE for info on Relics, Runes, and Artifacts.

CLICK HERE for info on Trinkets, Scrolls, and the abilities they may have.

Q: I have a question!
A: Please first read the FAQs attached in each link, then feel free to ask. You can email me at or send me a forum PM. If you ask a question on this thread, please note that I will add it to the relevant FAQ and then delete the post to avoid clutter as we post more updates.

Last edit: 09 Feb 2018 02:20 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyros (Tyros), Belegchand (mcalo), Narcis (ChrisR), Terzak (TheArchMage), Wili ()
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
11 Feb 2018 21:20 #3 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Item Conversions for Knight Realms 2.0 Rules Release
All items/conversion questions have been added to the FAQ in the first post.

The complete rules will be released within the week and will be available on the Knight Realms website under the Rulebook section. If you want to wait until the rules are released to finish your item conversions, you are welcome to do so, but know that you will not be able to use any of your items until your conversion is processed.

• Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
12 Feb 2018 16:21 #4 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
The FAQ has been updated.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds