Knight Realms RuleBook for download!

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
21 Feb 2018 09:26 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Knight Realms RuleBook for download! was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Here are the new Knight Realms rules! It is in downloadable PDF format. In a few days we hope to have the system in place that will allow you to actually begin entering your re-writes. At the time that the re-write system goes live we will also give you a rough estimate of how much build we believe heroics and legendries will cost just in case you want to set some of your build aside for those.

The March event is going to be our first event playing with these rules. We are certain to learn allot during that event. I expect to notice several great benefits as a result of these changes, but I also expect that some things will play out different than we expected. You can rest assured that after every event for the next several events we are going to be studying how everything actually pans out. With this in mind please expect that some skills may get redefined or moved around as we keep an eye on this.

I have learned in the past twenty years that often people have their own opinions on what’s balanced and those opinions do not always match up with other peoples. Rather than debate the details endlessly I am more interested in testing them out through play. We want you to look for what you believe might be game breaking loopholes or exploits, so that we can evaluate whether they need to be fixed or not. We will have a form announced in a little while for you to submit possible loopholes or exploits. To encourage you to find them, you will receive a reward if we decide to make a change based off of your suggested exploit.

Several months from now after we have worked with you to fine tune what is now being posted, we will have ready a full color hardcopy designed with beautiful artwork that will be made available. The official hardcopy will be designed to be something impressive and the cost may reflect that, but we will always offer the rules for free as a downloadable file.

We truly believe that these are fantastic changes that will vastly improve overall gameplay and fun and we hope that you will come to that conclusion as well. No matter what, please remember that social graces go a long way, so please remember to be cool and not to lash out at details that you feel do not benefit you. Take a breath and remember that we are all friends and our collective goal is to help each other have fun, even if some need more help to get there than others. Everything will be fine, and in most cases it won’t just be fine, it will be fantastic!

Please read over everything before asking questions. If you cannot find an answer in the rules and you have looked for it multiple times, please check to see if someone else asked the question and if it was answered. If not then go ahead and ask because we do want to answer your questions.
Questions go to this forum: www.knightrealms.com/forum/rules-questions-and-answers.html

One final note is that the some of the role-play descriptions for the races and classes are not complete and still need to be re-written. Expect that some of it is less than perfect and will be updated over the coming weeks and months. Thanks!

Please enjoy the new rules.

Here is the Link:
www.knightrealms.com/game-play/rulebook/...lebook-2-0/file.html

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Amizar (Amizar), BalindorIN (BalindorIN), Simon (BigZ), Belegchand (mcalo), Zathir (Clevatus), Narcis (ChrisR), Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Tharivol (samurai_steve27), Mantel (sigma-j), Seth (Kurteth), Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
21 Feb 2018 10:22 #2 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Knight Realms RuleBook for download!
Will there be a place to report typos before you send it to the printer?

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
  • Tyros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 73
21 Feb 2018 11:46 #3 by Tyros (Tyros)
Replied by Tyros (Tyros) on topic Knight Realms RuleBook for download!
The Rules Questions and Answers board has been updated. Since there are new rules, the board has been cleared in order to prevent confusion between old skills and new ones. Thank you!

Questions go to this forum: www.knightrealms.com/forum/rules-questions-and-answers.html

(JP)
Officer
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
21 Feb 2018 12:30 #4 by Alex (Wormwood)
Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic Knight Realms RuleBook for download!
I've only skimmed to get the general feel and system-wide changes of the new rules set, but so far it looks like a huge, huge improvement. i would, of course, cut the numbers in quarters again, but that should go without saying.

HUGE kudos on the elthiirian makeup changes, and changes to the race names.

I'm sure issues will reveal themselves, but I think you guys nailed the broad strokes and I can't wait to see how they play out. thanks for your hard work.

OOG: Alex B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister), Seth (Kurteth)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds