Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
22 Feb 2018 22:47 - 26 Feb 2018 10:04 #1 by Aleister (Aleister)
Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items was created by Aleister (Aleister)
As many of you know, you will find that your current Personal Skills are listed as "Processing". I will be going over a list starting at the next event and seeking each of you out individually to go over them. Everyone who has at least one of these should start thinking about what you might want conceptually so you can be prepared for the time that I call for you. Most abilities will not be approved immediately, but will likely be available the following event. There will be a list of Pre-Approved Personal Skills posted here along with guidelines for what may be acceptable or not.

If you have any questions or suggestions for you skills/artifacts, please email me at . I will not consider PMs or Facebook messages acceptable for this.

As a note, Skill names may be asked to be more non-specific as many of these will end up on the Pre-Approved list or be available for other players to gain access to.

Personal Ability Rules and Guidelines:
May not mimic any class unique abilities
May not be intentionally designed for advantage in PvP
May not be a stat block
Spells cost 5mp to cast
Skills have a base cost of 6 build for purchasing purposes
Should be thematic to the character
May not reduce cost of skills on other lists

Pre - approved Personal Abilities
Arch-atypical - Change a class’ archetype (Fighter ⇔ Rogue or Caster ⇔ Crafter)
Transmogrified - Change the spells of a hybrid class.
Half-breed - Gain a second set of racials (A character may only have this once)
Trained - Gain access to a class skill
Weavebound - Gain access to a domain (A character may only have this three times)
Monstrous - Gain access to a NPC specific skill
Paragon - Gain one additional "purchase" of a multi-purchase benefit of a list you already have (A character may only have this once)
Powerful - Character deals +1 Damage (A character may only have this once)
Resistance - Gain resistance to a damage type (A character may only have this once)

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 26 Feb 2018 10:04 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Zathir (Clevatus), Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris), Solitaire (nobody2357)
23 Feb 2018 09:51 #2 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items
General qestuon in connection with the above. How does weavebound interact with the limitation that you may not mimic unique abilities of another class? Do you get the unique spells?

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
23 Feb 2018 10:46 #3 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items
A concession we made about spell domains and talent trees in order to make the lists appear as best as possible was that while the abilities are unique to the lists, there are other means to attain them such as this or appearing on racials.

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
24 Feb 2018 21:29 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items
Secondary Question - If we are planning on taking the Weavebound, Trained, or Transmogrified for a unique, can we go ahead and make those purchases in the card builder for our new character builds, or do we need to hold the relevant build and wait until we get a specific authorization?

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
25 Feb 2018 01:19 #5 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items

Caldor Eirson wrote: Secondary Question - If we are planning on taking the Weavebound, Trained, or Transmogrified for a unique, can we go ahead and make those purchases in the card builder for our new character builds, or do we need to hold the relevant build and wait until we get a specific authorization?

Card/Database representative here.
Please wait until you get approval from staff for your uniques. We cannot approve your card with extra domains until we have confirmation of why you have them.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan), Sindarion (Steven SA), Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
  • Ib
  • Thank Yous: 37
07 Mar 2018 16:57 #6 by Ib (Gannon)
Replied by Ib (Gannon) on topic Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items
For Trained, what is considered a class skill?

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
07 Mar 2018 17:05 #7 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items
Any of the non-unique class abilities. It could be Continuous or Periodic.

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
07 Mar 2018 17:46 #8 by Aleister (Aleister)
Important Notice: Until such a time as Heroic lists are finished, we will only be able to assign pre-approved Personal Skills. Mainly this is due to not wanting to write an ability, only to either diminish it's value or take it for a heroic list and force someone to have to rewrite it again. We will be expanding this list soon to help accomodate that more.

If you do not want a skill from this list, then you must wait until after the heroics are posted.

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ib (Gannon), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Moostrav Potrevski ()
08 Mar 2018 08:47 #9 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Is there a list somewhere of the Monsterous skills?

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Moostrav Potrevski ()
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
12 Mar 2018 13:39 #10 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items
If one were to take a Personal Skill, then later express dissatisfaction with it, is one able to solicit renegotiation of the content of that Personal Skill?

Example, say I had access to a Unique and redeemed it for Weavebound: Ruination, but later found I wasn't too jazzed with it. Could I then ask if I could get something different, whether it's on the pre-approved list, or something outside of that list that would need to be designed/approved?

If that is fine, could one take one of the pre-approved options for now, then later some time after Heroics are released, negotiate for something different?

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
17 Oct 2019 10:51 #11 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Personal Skills, Artifacts, and Legacy Items
resurrecting this thread:

Can one be weave bound if they are not a caster? Say for instance, I just want the entropy domain of hexer. Obviously you'd still need to buy like, spell slots somehow, but is that possible? Or is a transmogrified hybrid something or other able to get just that domain as their spells?

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Moostrav Potrevski ()
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
17 Oct 2019 18:53 #12 by Aleister (Aleister)
If these were not so painfully out of date, I would have an answer for you! I'm so sorry.

We will get updates for this stuff when James is prepared for it.

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.557 seconds