KR 20th Anniversary - Battle for the Throne: Storming the Citadel

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
24 Mar 2018 10:39 - 24 Mar 2018 11:17 #1 by Aleister (Aleister)
Here I will be listing some exciting details about the event coming up. I had implied to some that a character may pledge themselves to a higher power, and here are the details of such!

Becoming an Avatar of a Greater Force
Across the world, heroes are banding together and taking portals to Travance where they will join the final battle against Necrophitus. More than just heroes are joining, but greater forces within the universe who also have a stake in this fight.

Characters will be able to offer themselves as champions to a greater force, giving them additional powers to help in the coming battle in the Pits of Malyc. This choice is entirely up to the character to pledge themselves, and none are forced into a decision. Choosing one of the following options will give a character an alignment associated with the choice (noted in parentheses). The character permanently gains the appropriate alignment, and may never have its opposition (Light/Dark, Order/Chaos). You are encouraged to put on make-up, or change your character’s costume to appropriately represent the choice you made for the duration of the event.

In order to receive this, you must email me at with the being, alignment, and champion buffs you are choosing. I will note this in the character notes of your card.

Below are listed the beings one can champion themselves to, and further below are the list of powers the character may choose from to gain for the duration of the event:

Order:

Corsair, Dragons (Asingard, Delfure, Eremaeus, Setharion, Terrastrasza, Valestreeszi, Yorindell), Gareg Ori, Gods (Brazen, Chronicler, Enax, Visigalis), Ordrim (Kyari, Talos), Primal Spirits

Chaos:

Antoinette, Cennius, Demon Lords, True Warlock Council

Light:
Fiona, Gods (Andorra, Gaia, Galladel, Valos), Lucindra, Nurremaralias, Palinthorn

Dark:
Devariatus, Eden, Gods (Aguara, Galmachis, Glomm, Malyc), Miranda, Telligrim, VIM

Unaligned (This choice only affords a character one Buff instead of two):
Belberith’s Homunculi Enhancements, Fyperia, Magitech Consortium Enhancements, Maitel Elemental Lords

Champion Buffs (These may not be the same buff):
The character may choose two of the following:
Reduce Rest Time by 10 Minutes
Resistance to <Damage Type>
Immunity to Enduring Status Effect
+5 Steps to Movement Skills
Choose a spell, gain it periodically
Increase Critical Stage of Death Count by +5 Minutes
Gain the use of a third Relic for the event

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 24 Mar 2018 11:17 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleidin (Kleidin), Narcis (ChrisR), Terzak (TheArchMage), Moostrav Potrevski ()
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
24 Mar 2018 20:23 #2 by Liz (Liz)
If you are planning to play both PCs, can both be a champion of an avatar or no?

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
24 Mar 2018 20:40 #3 by Aleister (Aleister)
Yes, just include both in your email.

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
27 Mar 2018 00:04 #4 by Aleister (Aleister)
Notice on PvP
I want to make the reminder that while we are allowing PvP for the first half of the event (The Quartz Mountain Academy), we will not be allowing it for the Weeknd Portion.

It is traditional that we allow PvP with very relaxed rules during alt events, and that is something we did not want to take away from that part of the event! Just keep this in mind when making your plans!

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
28 Mar 2018 14:44 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
While I assume the answer is it doesn't matter, I wanted to clarify. Do you still gain the Chaos alignment from Chaotic Alteration if you choose to champion an Order creature?

Chaotic Alteration
This ability renders the target Enraged. The target will not attack the character who used the ability. Additionally, the target’s attack deal Bane damage versus all creatures, for the duration, during which he is considered to have the Chaos alignment

Choosing one of the following options will give a character an alignment associated with the choice (noted in parentheses). The character permanently gains the appropriate alignment, and may never have its opposition (Light/Dark, Order/Chaos). You are encouraged to put on make-up, or change your character’s costume to appropriately represent the choice you made for the duration of the event.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds