Rules Errata for April 2018 Event

• Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
29 Mar 2018 22:39 #1 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Rules Errata for April 2018 Event was created by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Linked at the end of this post is a document containing all updates to the Knight Realms rules, which are considered live as of the April 2018 event (April 4).

Members of the card team as well as other marshals and staff will be available during the OOG social on Saturday to help make updates to your card if needed. An update to this post will be made as soon as we are able to accept online rewrites with instructions on how to proceed.

Feel free to ask questions about the errata here on this post! We will also be hosting a Rules Q&A session at the OOG social to answer any other questions you may have.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO ERRATA

OOG: Zelda Turqman
30 Mar 2018 01:44 #2 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
For the changes to Refreshment abilities, does this apply to Armor Patch? What about any healing spells/talents/consumables?

~ Joe G.

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Jon
  • Thank Yous: 15
30 Mar 2018 03:11 #3 by Jon (JBONE34)
Replied by Jon (JBONE34) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
So, if I were to play a caster, I would start out with 5body and deal 5 damage with my phokus automatically?

Charlie Feirnie
Singer by passion, mercenary by trade

(OOG Jonathan Evan Stern)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
30 Mar 2018 06:05 #4 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
for non-rogue ranged weapon users, is there a means to increase damage or are such weapons locked in at their base damage unless a rogue-based class with proficiency rogue taken?

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
30 Mar 2018 08:03 #5 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
VINDICATOR:
“This ability allows the character to remain conscious for thirty seconds whenever she is reduced to zero Body points, during which time she is Enraged to the being who incapacitated her. Her Death count is not paused during this time. If she successfully incapacitates the target that defeated her, she is healed to one Body point; she may not receive any other healing while in this state.”

SO no more having the enemy dropped by someone else being ok? Given the weak nature of Melee, a Dragoon may not get the chance to drop that foe inside of 30 seconds.

And it also seems to say that they my not be healed either even after dropping.... which means they die. Is this accurate?

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
30 Mar 2018 08:18 #6 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event

JTinney wrote: VINDICATOR:
“This ability allows the character to remain conscious for thirty seconds whenever she is reduced to zero Body points, during which time she is Enraged to the being who incapacitated her. Her Death count is not paused during this time. If she successfully incapacitates the target that defeated her, she is healed to one Body point; she may not receive any other healing while in this state.”

From the wording, it looks like as long as you are in vindicator, you cannot get healed. Once vindicator ends, you are able to be healed. Basically it's just 30 seconds of go hard and no heals. After those 30 seconds, you drop and are able to be healed.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
30 Mar 2018 12:07 #7 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
While I assume they would appreciate the help, please let only the rules team answer questions.

It prevents misinformation right after an errata.

Thanks guys!!

And thanks for the errata rules team!

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Mantel (sigma-j)
30 Mar 2018 16:42 #8 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
So, if I'm reading this correctly, the most body a character can ever have is 60?

Warrior class (4 purchases) x15 body per purchase=60

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
30 Mar 2018 16:55 #9 by Alex (Wormwood)
Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
While i know this is a work in progress, this newest update is a HUGE step in the right direction. Thank you rules team!

Passive damage and body being tied to profession makes the game infinitely more fair, skews the power level ten notches away from ultra high levels, and helps you character's concept be reflected in what they do. It also incentivizes cooperation between low and high levels. here's how.

Previously, the numbers at knight realms were so absurdly high that whatever you thought you were doing, you werent. No living person can calculate all of those numbers with any kind of accuracy. Combat was just pure make believe, with the rules only slowing things down for clarifications and holds. These lower numbers make a big leap toward correcting that problem.

Knight realms has characters that are absurdly high level. It is only these characters that can afford to continue buying profs and body beyond "sopft caps". what this means is that an ultra high level caster could have previously just spent few of their thousands of build to meet or exceed the body and damage of your low, mid, or even (reasonably) high level warrior, while still being ablee to set you on fire at will. These new rules prevent that from being true. It removes the shame associated with having a low base damage number, because where before a low number meant you were low level, it now could mean a great number of things. maybe that fighter swinging 2 can also throw a fireball. maybe they are waiting for you to make a mistake so they can cut your throat and vanish away. Now, no amoutn of build can completely overshadow your concept. if you are a mid level, life long warrior, your marshal skill will now be better than a high level sorcerer who just fences for fun on the weekends.

hard truth: previously, if you werent ultra high level, you werent helpful. High levels were just tolerating you because they wanted you to have fun. Being low or mid level meant that really, you were a liability in character, and you were only included because you paid the entry price for a weekend, and because your friends wanted you to feel included. 10 percent of the characters made 95 percent of the difference on every mod, unless it was one specifically constructed to be laughably weak. that is no longer true! if a character is guaranteed , no matter their build total, to only be able to take a certain number of hits, bringing a greater number of players along to a mod isn't charity anymore, it's genuinely beneficial! The need for low and high level content will be dramatically lessened, meaning more people can have more fun for a greater portion of the weekend. truly, i cannot wait to be mortal.

I know this is a lot, and you're being asked to swallow a lot of things in a very short period of time. Please believe me when i promise you this is necessary, and that the only characters hurt by this change are the larp plutocrats. If your build total is below 2500, this is a huge boon. thanks for reading.

OOG: Alex B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Caelvan (Caelvan), Narcis (ChrisR), Matthias (Matthias), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
30 Mar 2018 20:16 #10 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
Warrior x4 Defensive is 60 Body and 40 Natural Armor.

Most warrior classes also now get armor patch witch allows them to fix those AP during battle.

The body points have now been crunched to match the damage. It was not fully crunched last event.

The Count has 35 Body and 15 Natural Armor... and swings 15's with a two handed. He will however "Deflect" until the cows come home.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
  • Thomthulhu
  • "Necessity knows no law." Arnold Schönberg
  • Thank Yous: 9
31 Mar 2018 12:12 #11 by Thomthulhu (Aoire)
Replied by Thomthulhu (Aoire) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
Casters are also getting armor with their Proficiencies. Will they have a way of repairing this or am I handing my robes to Edmund between fights?

Kuni Seiko
Shugenja of the Turtle Clan
Warrior of the Wall of Bone

OOG: Tom Wilson
31 Mar 2018 17:31 #12 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
For the 'arm on head' concealment - are there standards for Red v. Yellow v. Blue, so a party with a detection ability will know which one they should be calling or if they have the correct one?

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
31 Mar 2018 17:37 #13 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
The Concentration trait has been changed to the Channeled trait. (page 115)

Is Affinity: Bestial supposed to now refer to Channeled, or Concentration?

Also, as a heads up for proof reading: The Channeled - description still refers to concentration in the body of the text.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Ib
  • Thank Yous: 37
31 Mar 2018 23:29 #14 by Ib (Gannon)
Replied by Ib (Gannon) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
How exactly is the "Natural Armor" explained? Is this also stackable on top of actual worn armor?

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
01 Apr 2018 22:15 #15 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
May ritualistic and intensify be combined so that if a couple people are willing to do a ritual with you they get buffed.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
02 Apr 2018 17:01 #16 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
The offensive proficiency for rogue states that the character gains "+5 damage with ranged weapons." Does this apply only to weapons under the Ranged Weapons category, i.e. bows, crossbows, and arquebuses? Or does this bonus also apply to thrown weapons and/or javelins?

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 Apr 2018 19:22 #17 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event

Gallion wrote: He will however "Deflect" until the cows come home.

Wasn't that a mod during the first Week in the Life event?

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
03 Apr 2018 15:16 #18 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Rules Errata for April 2018 Event
For repurchasing a higher rank of spells/talents, do you need to repurchase the prerequisite lower ranks as well?

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ib (Gannon)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.625 seconds