Ediyri Songs Story Arc - Subject Matter

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
24 Sep 2018 22:43 #1 by Aleister (Aleister)
Ediyri Songs Story Arc - Subject Matter was created by Aleister (Aleister)
Now that the main element of the story has been revealed and let into player hands, I wanted to take the time to make an important notice about the plotline. The original 15 songs dealt with second chances, but also hardship, loss, and other less happy themes, the present 15 songs will deal in much darker subject matter.

One of the inspiring factors of this plotline were my own traumas and fears, along with other subject matter that I personally find hard to deal with on a mental/emotional level. I wrote the plot, in part, as a means to face and overcome those subjects in a controlled environment for myself and I hope anyone involved can feel the same way. However, I want to take this time to make sure that everyone getting involved with the plot will understand the content before going in.

Know that, for any plot, any player is free to walk off the encounter should the subject matter be too much to handle at a given point without any repercussions or fear of ridicule for it. No one knows your own tolerance levels for traumatic content better than yourself, and no two people handle such content the same. So never feel like you have to stick around and suffer through it if you feel it becomes overwhelming.

As the stories for the songs each come up during the plotline, I will be making clear content warnings beforehand. But as an initial warning for anyone who wants to be involved (and I want all of you to be, because I want to still create indelible and meaningful content for you!), throughout the arc, there will be content pertaining to the following:

Drowning, Suicide, Mental Illness (Alzheimers/Dementia, Schizophrenia, Depression, Mania, Disassociate Identity Disorder, PTSD), Gore/Traumatic Injury, Physical Abuse/Abusive Behavior

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Liz (Liz), Gwynedd (Gwynedd), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Belegchand (mcalo), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Narcis (ChrisR), Terzak (TheArchMage), Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.), Wili (), Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats), Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Ergos (arieslink), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold), Solitaire (nobody2357)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds