Rules Errata for October 2018 Event

• Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
27 Sep 2018 23:09 #1 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Rules Errata for October 2018 Event was created by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Before reading the Errata, please click here to read the Straight Talk post regarding this update made by James.

This post contains a link to the rules updates that will be going live for the October 2018 Knight Realms event! Please be sure to read them before the event as they contain very important information.

These updates do not require card rewrites, except for the possibility of switching a few skills around, which can be done by submitting a card report or done by hand at the event. However. if you feel the need to fully rewrite your card, you may do so by following the instructions at this link. Note that the link will be inactive until the character builder has been updated with the changes from this most recent update.

If you wish to submit a rewrite for this event, please do so by 11:59 PM on October 14. Rewrites done after that time are not guaranteed to be imported and may be rejected by the card team. Please try to do this early in case there is an issue that needs to be resolved before your card can be imported! In any case, if your card cannot be imported before the event, 99% of cards submitted for the last update are still valid and if one skill on your class no longer exists, it can be easily swapped directly for another skill onsite.

Once you have read the Straight Talk post linked above, click here to view the errata.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dennis Brand (Devin), Solitaire (nobody2357)
28 Sep 2018 10:07 #2 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic Rules Errata for October 2018 Event
Are the Tracking rules going to get added back into the rulebook shortly?

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
28 Sep 2018 14:48 #3 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Rules Errata for October 2018 Event
Yes, they will be listed in their appropriate Codex shortly.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
29 Sep 2018 15:47 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Rules Errata for October 2018 Event
with this task done, is there any idea on when we will see artifacts come out?

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Keir
  • Thank Yous: 6
11 Oct 2018 19:53 #5 by Keir (Keir)
Replied by Keir (Keir) on topic Rules Errata for October 2018 Event
Okay. I have read some of the new rule book. I really like that I don't have to consider classes based on what armor fizreps I own or want to wear, but then I am stumped by the new multi-classing rules...

My character currently has four classes. I want to change all four of the classes.

The rules state that characters can only have one class to begin with and may add a class at levels 5, 8, and 12.

The "Final Errata" says that "No One Needs to Rewrite."

I only have 65 build points and have no idea how levels are calculated. I am guessing that I am fairly low level.

1) If I want to do a rewrite, do I have to start with only one or two classes based on my level or can I swap out the classes I don't want for classes I do?

2) How do I know what level I am?

3) If I must rewrite a character with only one class to begin with, should I save my rewrite for later, if I prefer the advantages of having four classes (even if I don't want them ATM) in the meanwhile?

I really like the strong foundation of having four classes and a few good skills from each, but I don't want to detract from the "spirit of the game." Please advise. Thanks!

Naerduïl Starchild

OOG: Keir
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
11 Oct 2018 20:08 #6 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Rules Errata for October 2018 Event
Hi Keir-

The card staff will be happy to answer your rewrite questions. You’re currently level 2, so you will need to rewrite down to one list for next event. If you want to send me a message, I will be glad to help you with rewriting your card.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Keir (Keir)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
05 Nov 2018 01:29 #7 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Rules Errata for October 2018 Event
Were the tracking rules ever added? I cant find them. Thanks!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Caelvan (Caelvan)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds