July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
27 Jul 2008 19:49 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight! was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Good RP doing decision making as Gideon.  So many choices, such a long wait... playing a High Elf helps me from being impatient.

Warning people about the green chutney, and seeing so many people happy it was out.

Hide and Seek with Dark Elves.  Holy crap, that was scary OOG!

Learning Pursue, even if I nearly puked doing it.

Helping Ethan teach Aria Gust of Wind.

Unfave: Bugs!  They bit me through my clothing and blankets!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
27 Jul 2008 20:20 #2 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
I have one word for this event from my perspective: A big ol' "Wow!"

Most of the event was fairly quiet.  But, we'll see how much I can churn out.  In no particular order:

Tobar, Tobias, Pracika, Aleister, Ella-Rae, and the friendly Kitieran. (Who I am sorry Brian, I just cannot ever remember his name)  Never let that group around a crossbow again. :)

Getting a chance to roleplay with Doctor Maxwell (Yay for a new physician) Always good to play with an old friend you don't get to see too much anymore.

Kwildar and Lethias discussing barriers, bravery, and how similar they really are (And, my word the foreshadowing of things to come!)

Saturday afternoon roleplaying with the Tellinghasts. (And subsequent tribunals)

The reunion of 'Team Hippy'

Yet another interrupted discussion of Andorra between Kwildar and Tobar.

Attempting to mediate disputes between friends.

Mumbling Dan, and Jebanizer Truth. (Trying to keep my poker face on around you can be one of the hardest things ever, Ralph.)

Kwildar finding out that he has an evil twin named 'Grimdar'.

Oh my god, Nightwings!  Oh my god, Armor! (Love ya guys!)

Glorious China and Fabulous Flatware

Lizard Kin, Giant Water Elementals and god sticks, oh my!

Cackling Imps.

Chroniclerites, Graveyards and Bandits!

And now, without further ado.  Everything to do with Pesmerga, Slack, Ghouls, Corrupted Wolves, Porch Parties, shouting at friends, hugs, wailing at the darkness, voices, friends, mute goblins that can make Kwildar cry out of joy and sorrow at once, and Erdrick finding inopportune times to tease. 

To EVERYONE that participated in any of that, thank you.  You all stepped up to the plate, and together, I think we hit one heck of a grand slam.

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
27 Jul 2008 21:55 #3 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Sweet god.. is this.. cloverfield!?
macaroon party!
Being seranaded awake by ralph.
Saturday morning butler wake up service.
Politely being woken up!? how crazy!!
lake spirits. Aleister "Shinty" Darkheart.
Lake in general was some for serious WIN.
Legpants is traumatizing.
I'm still amazed that I survived evil plot.  I'm never going back to the chaos wastes.
grave robbers digging up a grave in front of me, how terrible.
intercept is pretty excellent.
Vital Shot! "OH SHIT! that was osred!"

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
27 Jul 2008 22:08 #4 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
I swear, every event I go to is better than the last!  Alternately, maybe my addiction is just that deep  :D

So many highlights this event, I'm sure I can't remember them all, but here goes:

-Friday, finding out that Tobar has an unexplainable hatred for demons, almost to the point of a berserker rage.  Great RP with Kwildar and Alia during the aftermath of that.

-My holy mission to find Thomas Ahlman a frisbee or football in exchange for martial training.

-Mission accomplished.

-Catching the frisbee with my head to prove my worth.

-First Adventurer's Guild mod was both fun and profitable!

-SWIMMING!

-Going out for the second Adventurer's Guild mod and being grossly outclassed by the Jester and his henchmen.

-The pre-apocalyptic party with Tobias, Pracika, a very confused Kwildar, Ella Rae, Aleister, and the Kitieran.  There were several disturbing revelations during that gathering, including the true origin of Satyr Wine.

-Flirting with Pracika and Ella Rae all weekend, culminating in Pracika licking frosting off of my cheek.

-Main Mod was a lot of fun, even if I didn't know what the crap was going on.  Watching the uber-elemental eat at least 5 Slays and half a dozen Blades of Victory was just... chilling.

-Coffee Monger!  (Such a gross misuse of monster marshall power).

-Watching how freaked out people got at the endless waves of ghouls and corrupted wolves.

-Attacking Rosa as a ghoul, and taking a simultaneous Assassinate and Destroy Lesser Evil from Arlington and Antrim, respectively.  I have never been more thoroughly pwned.

-In response to Kielor casting Blade of Victory on his index finger and chasing me: "Help!  I'm being fingered by a noble!"

-Being sent all over Travance by Janus to find a teacher for Feint... only to realize that Janus knows how to Feint.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
27 Jul 2008 22:22 #5 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
The true story of the icing :)  Sunday Zach had some icing on his cheek.  I suggested to Aidy that she lick it off, which she does to Zach's obvious delight.  I point out that she missed a spot, which I volunteered to get.  Zach runs away.

Walking out from the bathroom at stupid O-clock and Cooper asks where Steve (Aleister) is.  I tell him in my room, sleeping.  Cooper is fine with waking him and I mention that he is snuggled next to a young woman.  Cooper says "Even better."  Amazingly, Steve, who had finally fallen asleep, got up and left with him.  I explained that today's youth is unfathomable, in that no one from my generation would have left such a situation, especially as a better fighter (in all humbleness) was available.

Blessed AC. 
Tank Smith.  While being whaled on by everyone, does a Mifune shoulder shrug, while getting beaten solidly, then walking down his attack line.  Everyone likes Mike.

Talking IG with Adam and Matt Q about nothing in particular.  James tells us if we hear combat from the other side of the trees, ignore it.

Learning lots of stuff on the Scholar's list. 

Good RP with Michelle Adams.  Figures my toughest philosophical talks are with a Drow.  Speaking of which, standing Artis to a bottle of cider.  I like the Darkhearts.

Teaching Lethias Willpower, the non-soup method.

Hanging IG with Adam and Quags, and James tells us if we hear fighting on the other side of the trees, we “really” hear nothing.

NPCing as a gargoyle.  4 cycles:  Antrim incinerates me, Warclaw whacks me, Keillor Blade of Victory’s me.  Some career.  At least Janus encased himself in ice.  Shoulda hung around.  Morwenne and Ethan, who could have munched us, stayed in a sanctuary.

Orius Requiem Demonis, chanted over and over.  Keillor and Atrus dink around with the Imps, while we acolytes raised the Demon Wally.

Logan figured things out as soon as he came on the scene, but it was too late.  Low/mid level group arrived without a healer.  It was kind of fun.

A conspiracy of one? I think what innocence and belief in the inherent goodness of humankind that remained in Edwin was stripped away this month. 

Giving lessons in tactics during the Lizard kin attack.  Some people got it.

Showers were good. 

No one wants to play chess.  How will people get better if they do not play?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Hiro
  • i am the sleeping wild mage
  • Thank Yous: 0
27 Jul 2008 22:53 #6 by Hiro (Hiro)
Replied by Hiro (Hiro) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
ok this was just an awesom event

1. Friday night slow but good rp with a bunch of people
2. my confession to lord pyre after 2 questions lord prye commenting that they never thought of hiro as a threat
3. Corrupted Wolf was best ever idea and im so glad i was 1 of 2 than the only one after awhile
4. cous cous at feast nough said
5. Wild mage couch
6. Demon mod with wally being the demon and holding off keilor and sry forget who other was off for awhile than having to switch over to stopping logan as he realized to late that there was a summon going on, pwning the low-mid lvls and keeping the original 3 interlopers at bay was so much funwhen archer showed up i got pwned many times
7.responce to animal empathy was break limb
8.being useful in a main mod was great
9.to the massive water elemental awsome job and glad i wasnt the one chosen

ok thats all my very sleep deprived brains got hope to have more as i regain function

IG: Hiro Makaza Zero

戦争は残酷である。 それを改良することを試みる使用がない。 それがより残酷なら、やがて終わる

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
OOG:Chris N
  • Aranu
27 Jul 2008 23:19 #7 by Aranu (Aranu)
Replied by Aranu (Aranu) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Tis I the cat with the itchy trigger finger! hah

Anyways, friday night was awesome, THANKS GYPSIES!! running around in the inn and roleplaying on friday was a great start to the weekend.

Jebanizer Truth, Your songs almost made me soil myself in laughter, good job!

The incredible edible chocolate cake + bottle of milk at market fair... -drools-

Hanging out on the grass infront of the inn discussing the origins of satyr wine.
A cha cha cha chaa!

Pegging poor Alister on the chest with a vertical crossbow shot as he laid on the grass unsuspectingly.

Getting teased about my tail, all in good faith I had fun!

Gattling gun artillery with my very own bolt ammo conveyer belt while fighting that powerful elemental and having to shoot between people, that was one of the most exciting fights I have ever had I felt so useful!

Finding a group of undead on our way to the post-doom party as most of us had our hands filled with bottles, then watching a man hop (More like casually stroll) in and mow them down in seconds was so amusing. (Sorry I can't remember your name!)

The porch party of course, many a laugh.

Oh! The wildmage/KITIERAN couch.  :D

Running about on sunday as a beefed up imp owning the lower lvl players, taking almost no damage from them and cackling as I danced up towards them.
Playing cat and mouse as that imp with an archer, me being the cat of course.

And finally... jinglies... lots of them. Cat heaven. ahahaha.

OOG: Brian Cajiga
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
27 Jul 2008 23:55 #8 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
My first event in a long time..and it delivered...

-seeing everyone and getting hugs!!! ^_^
-finding a bunk in the inn....and never using it lol
-turning around at one point and seeing Ethan. Promptly hugging him to death.
-staying with Ethan and learning and talking....god what conversations....
-early morning with Dark Elf....
-pancakes...afer lil sleep....
-Mages Guild meeting...and thankfully no executions...
-talking with Simthalis and Ethan
-npcing...I had a blast for the first time in while...
-wild mages....just wow...
-singing at feast...that was fun to do again

All in all a great event. I had a blast and I cant wait for next event. Thank you everyone!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
28 Jul 2008 00:26 #9 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Friday
- the event started out slow for me. Every time someone came running about trouble, whether it be a lake monster or lizard kin. Rayven and I    always showed up too late. We arrived and everything was gone or there were people littering the ground with limbs eaten off.
-finding our in game nephew Arwed (who Rayven and I adopted as our son after his parents died two years before) wandering around in the darkness.
-Getting to show off my new custom armor made by Tobias!
-after missing all the trouble no matter how fast we ran, we actually got a good nights sleep.

Saturday
- being freaking astounded at not being woken up by something trying to kill me. That was the politest wake up crew yet! They offered to put on my boots and give me a drink of water and everything! A good night's sleep and no monsters! Best way to start your day other than Bacon Coffee.
-carousing at my tent with Aranu and Tobias and then hearing screaming coming from Barak. Running over as fast as i can and simply running and and screaming damage at the gargoyles. Could you tell i was dying to finally hit something? 
-NPCing a brigand from 2-6 that had two uses of the skill Quick Bind that refreshed every respawn. Let me just say that that is the most awesome skill i have had the pleasure of using so far!
-Doing Aranu's make up all event and getting interviewed during feast.
-While i did completely miss out on feast (i was planning on catching up on some needed sleep) Aranu and Tobias show up at my cabin and i end up staying up and playing baseball with Tobias' ax and those green walnut thingys!
-Haning in front of the inn with Aranu, Tobar, Tobias, Ella Rea, Aliester and a few others that wandered by. Figuring out that a free kittieran neutering clinic might not be a bad idea and finding out the true origins of Satyr wine.
-Matching Tobar in a battle of wits and crude comments. I think he was impressed!  ;)
- Getting to finally use my Blade of Victory (unlike last Moon) and hitting the Tide Walker tons of times only to find out later that i really didn't do anything at all and that he had something like 5,000 body points! And i thought i was useful! lol! silly me! Also getting to RP the effect of a broken limb was pretty cool. It was my first major injury so far for Pracika.
- Having our "Post Apocalyptic Porch Party" be made into a mod. Unfortunately, when it took us too long to bring the booze back to the campsite they decided to find us.... and Keilor... all i can say is they never had a chance! DISSIPATE UNDEAD! LOL
-Teaching Aranu and Tobias the words to "she's too fat for me" and hoping to work up the courage to sing it next moon! I hope that Tobar might come across the song in his travels and join us!
-Being a small part of the Kwildar/vampire plot. His RPing was amazing! It was fun to be a part of although my role was not large.
-meeting Garen for the first time in game and being astounded (in and out of game) at how awesome he really is in person. Rayven was astounded to hear that Garen came up and introduced himself, saying something about "Garen is aways lurking in the forest... he's almost never seen." It was an honor!

Sunday
-getting woken up and seeing Tobias killed right in front of me just before the monster came after me. all i have to say is thank god for healing salves and traveling merchants that heal for 20! LOL
-heading up to the inn only to hear screaming and accompanying Brick into the woods towards a mod. That was fun! It was full of casters and even before i got a hit off i was nailed with "fear" and ran all the way back up screaming to the inn. had a short RP session with Gideon and was thrilled that he would go an d help the others while i played watchmen over the goods on his table.
-while trying to show Ella Rea how she needs to be more bold, daring and "gypsy-like" i licked a smudge of frosting off of Tobars cheek (much to his delight). Unfortunately, i missed a spot and it was nice of father Edwin to offer to lick the rest. Tobar didn't seem to like that idea though. (it would have been funny to see father edwin try and tobar call a gypsies curse though!  :P
-getting a rose from Tobar and wondering to myself where my husband had been all game and why i wasn't getting flowers from him!

All in All i had a ton of fun! Especiall when i got to NPC the same shift as Morgan/ Ella Rea and joking about how there should be a mod of Red Rover Goblins playing with all of Travance and how we should send out Wild Mages named Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. If there is a Coffee monster, what else lies within the realm of possibilities? LOL

Thanks to everyone who made this event great! It made me even more addicted and i finally started getting over my "stage fright"  ;D

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
28 Jul 2008 00:45 #10 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
-Making Chuck Norris jokes about Shen.
"Lord Shen once roundhouse kicked the Dragon's Claw Inn and it turned into the Ugly Mug"

-Making a group of 5 freelance rogues an offer they can't refuse.

-Being James for 5 minutes right before clean-up hold.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
  • JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
28 Jul 2008 04:24 #11 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!

Being James for 5 minutes right before clean-up hold.

That sounds like a Sam highlight almost

OOG: Jo
  • dedrite
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • For the Emperor!
  • Thank Yous: 1
28 Jul 2008 08:04 - 28 Jul 2008 08:28 #12 by dedrite (dedrite)
Replied by dedrite (dedrite) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Ryan and Pig = even better.

-Brother Knight Templar Sabatheous Tellinghast-
Knight Templar of the Order of the Brilliant Hammer
Holy Inquisitor of the Church of Kormyre

Crudelius est quam mori semper timere mortem

"Nothing is ever forgotten"

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
Last edit: 28 Jul 2008 08:28 by .
  • Sargoson
  • Banned
  • Banned
28 Jul 2008 09:09 #13 by Sargoson (raalin2100)
Replied by Sargoson (raalin2100) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!

Ryan and Pig = even better.

Awww I love you too Joe.
Yeah getting to hang out with people I've know for like 15 years but don't see nearly enough is awesome.
Also to file in the awesome coloumn, Jason had a birthday, and I was thinking about it, and he wasn't quite as old as my daughter is now when I first saw him around ankle high on his mom's boot at camp glen grey.

2nd Generation LARPer's FTW!

-Ryan Alin
  • Jimmy
28 Jul 2008 11:49 #14 by Jimmy (tubbyman)
Replied by Jimmy (tubbyman) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
My greatest event ever! Also my first event ever! Yay!

Anyway, my highlights for this game were:

1) Getting to NPC as a guardsman and go get eaten by the lake beast thing with the really awesome mask :D so much fun.

2) NPCing as Lizardkin and scaring the crap out of some fellow new guys. ... Actually, I just stood there, it was the "Party Leader" who scared them.

3) Learning that I can never play a caster when, as an imp, I tried to cast a spell without a spell packet. Natural 1 on my casting check. -.-

4) Getting appropriate costuming and some suh-weet armor from Tom during Market Fair!

5) Getting an acceptable Katana requisitioned from Fr. Edwin/Charlie and borrowing a weapon from him for the event. Thanks!

6) Seeing people from Dexcon and getting a chance to RP with them.

7) At last getting a chance to start Shiro down his path to the ULTIMATE SWORDSMANSHIP!.

8] Getting to talk to Luis oog about the best ways to start my character toward said swordsmanship.

9) Getting pwnt by a group of nasty-nasty trolls, beating a group of growly-growly wolves, being eaten by Imps and summoners and a demon-possessed man (And walking away with a magic item anyway, tee-hee!), watching the Tellinghasts squash some spiders, freeing slaves at the Adventurer's Guild quest... Ah, the many battles were quite memorable :D

10) Bringing a heavy pack of bread and water only to learn it was completely unnecessary. Them was some good pancakes, and the omelettes were good enough to buy two :D

11) Not sure what Ryan did with it, but Nym/Sonya and that stupid pig in her pack were a hilarious silent-comedy duo! Really though, a goblin throwing dead pig at people was the last thing I thought I'd see at KR o.0

Overall, incredible time at KR this weekend :D My regret is that I didn't introduce myself to more people IG, but that can be fixed in August.

OOG: James Tubbs
"War is not about the one who is right, but the one who is left."
-Some guy
  • Hiro
  • i am the sleeping wild mage
28 Jul 2008 13:27 #15 by Hiro (Hiro)
Replied by Hiro (Hiro) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
ok now with about 7 hours of sleep i remebered more

1. Magical baseball with brik is quickly turning into a event favorite for me
2. going to see whats happening at water front only to be trampled than saved by an intercept deflect than going to get help
3. only fell in battle 3 or 4 times for the event a new record by far
4. wake up butlers, and assorted npc's that all looked like ralph
5. the entertainment at feast was wonderful all did a great job highlaighted by nesha
6. hiro is getting better in the stuttering department the more confident he becomes

ok thats it i hope see u all soon

IG: Hiro Makaza Zero

戦争は残酷である。 それを改良することを試みる使用がない。 それがより残酷なら、やがて終わる

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
OOG:Chris N
  • Nisha
28 Jul 2008 14:02 #16 by Nisha (Nisha)
Replied by Nisha (Nisha) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
-Watching Legpants molest Aleister
-Having a hilarious and almost never ending conversation with Simon the chocolate guy - "Why would Lethias fight a dragon by himself?"
-When Vince became James for cleanup hold and people actually gathered
-Making friends with some other wild mages
-Learning how to better wield a staff from Lord Shen and using what I learned
-Wild mage drama when some embracers came into town trying to kill a mage
-When a group of us lower level characters went off on a mod and all had the same weird dream that we were attacked by spiders
- Lethias: "It means always wear underwear." Nisha: "Perhaps you should take your own advice."

Nisha

OOG: Sam Scibetta
28 Jul 2008 14:47 - 28 Jul 2008 14:59 #17 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Friday:
-Aranu was back! :snuggles Kitieran:
-Radley(?) the bossy Sorcerer and the cave of elementals and giant spiders of doom
-Making Cael save a lizardkin from evil spiders
-Keeping one of the shards Radley wanted and finding out its useful
-Lizardkin arrive to town and hostage Cael in the process. Such a confusing interjection all around
-Emar and Ilana fight; again. I find it amusing in my opinion how differently those two think.

Saturday:
-Butler wake up crew.
-Enslaved goblin shaman (got to love RP on the fly) and being saved by Magnus just to be killed later.
-Adventurer's guild! That's quite a bit of fun. Running into the Jester later on= not fun.
-Scurrying away from Simthalas in the inn several times
-Trying to go to the lake with Tobar to meet everyone just to hear 'wild mages are attacking' and going to see what's up. So much RP involved with that, just... wow. Ilana's happy meter dropped about 1/4 of the way.
-Lying to Lethias and us both knowing I'm lying and me not really hiding it. Ilana/I know that 'yea right, you're full of it' look when I see it.
-To add to Ilana's nightmares of mages and fire we now have a deep dark cave of evil promise.
-Meeting a new wild mage and an old one. Hope they stick around
-People fighting over the Wildmage Couch (why did I agree to this nickname...)
-Max. Enough said.  ;)
-Chronicling for Osred while he's not around, need to boost up confidence to ask questions though.
-The feast and entertainment were wonderful
-Lizardkin scouts coming from the shadows, got to admit even I was edgy.
-Main Mod insanity. Trying to watch three entrances by myself with no weapon and only avoidance as my real defense= not fun.
-Sir Thomas the Lizardkin
-Wildmage discussions with Dr. Structo to lighten Ilana's mood Morwenne is standing right by her.
-Kwildar! :hugs: Poor guy, we'll kick anyone or anything's butt for you.
-Freaking scray ghouls and frenzied wolves. Zach did particularly well as the ghoul in my opinion.
-Watching Cael scurry around wanting to heal the ghouls to death
-Crazed man in the Inn. Felt bad for him.
-Being polite and buying holy water bombs from the two brothers that showed up later on.
-Sleeping in the Inn and apprently missing the Drow attack near my tent.

Sunday:
-Ilana called the denmother of wildmages... and me, personally, unsure if that's a good thing or not.
-Wildmage discussions with Amizar.
-Saving little girl from demons. Unfortunately her father dying and taking her to the orphanage. Good RP chance for Ilana though.
-Having fun RPing Ilana's cluelessness of Tobar's pervertedness.
-Lessons with Dr. West in the shower
-How many people show up to save Father Osred when things aren't that bad.

----
Lowlight:  My dad ruining the goodbyes of the trip. Sorry about that >.o

So much fun this event and cliffhangers galore, sheesh! I wouldn't miss next event for anything but the most severe. New people piling in so can't wait to se how this goes, see you guys in August!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 28 Jul 2008 14:59 by .
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
28 Jul 2008 16:07 #18 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Friday:
- Cave mod for Radley, having to go down a rope using one hand when about 7 out of 11 of the pc's had pole weapons, thanks to mat, justice, noah, and whoever i missed for using those swords to keep us alive. getting down to the bottom of the cave (finally) and healing broken legs left and right, then the argument about whether or not to heal the lizardkin (who was screaming "death to all humans" the entire time).

- said lizardkin coming back with army and kidnapping Cael, 30 seconds into my Charm count for the conversation getting blinded and +3 strength dragged through the field (man i wish charm didn't take a minute lol), crying and screaming hysterically for the next hour or so and all the wonderful people that came and saved me, special thanks to Emar and Tobar who never left me, and Sister Rosa who healed my sight.

Saturday:
- while getting a bucket with Ilana for Kleiden the Master of Games steps out of the woods and says "Are you ready for an adventure", both mars and I started laughing

- the Adventurers Guild adventure # 1 that was both easy and profitable

- the second Adventurers Guild adventure that went horribly wrong thanks to the Jester, being the only Healer and draining all my healing points in about 5 minutes and still not having enough, was awesome how everyone protected me so i could get the healing done in safety

- Having Ghouls and Wolves come into town late at night and getting to FINALLY destroy some undead, Galen and Cael smiling and running around destroying said Ghouls and the look on towns members faces as Cael, giggling, destroys things

Sunday:
- getting to hang out with everyone and not have to run myself ragged healing people for at least a little while, that is until demon/imp mod where Cael got dominated and i said, "I'm a healer what do u want me to do?" -response "go about your normal business", running to people that need healing, getting my hand within an inch of their shoulder and being commanded to "stop", and the resulting OOG "no's" from the people on the ground

- FINALLY getting attuned to the focus after trying since event #1 and then getting  Johnathan and Galen to get attuned as well

**Gotta say this event was a blast, from awesome Rp, to using EVERY healing point EVERY period, to growing as a character, to meeting even more awesome people IG and OOG, and all the silly/fun times with everyone

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
28 Jul 2008 16:20 #19 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Great job sobbing Cael!  It made it such a better scene :-)

-OOG Michael Smith
28 Jul 2008 17:41 #20 by Michelle my belle <3 (marisolmichelle)
Replied by Michelle my belle <3 (marisolmichelle) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
- James saying, "They're fighting a huge amorphous blob of water." at the most hilarious time

- Apparently sitting still while wolf attacks makes you invisible.

- Saying to the kiterian "Every time you clean yourself God kills a kitten."

- Another philosophical talk with father Edwin, it's not because she likes you. On the contrary its because you engage my intellect.

- Watching Jarren call a tag skill, I think its the only one she's got.  Watching her run like crap as soon as the blob came after her.

- Apollos theme music during the big fight. "You need this." Yea.. I do.

- telling alia like it was.

- Saying "boo" to Birnum, only to get questioned for it. The stare down between us made that rp awesome.

- Random Barbarian of hilariousness. "hey scarlet..." "...i hate humans."

- Gaelluns cheese.. nuff said.

- being told to "sacrifice myself for the greater good. by clergy"

- being threatened to be killed, by the same clergy. Gaians are weird to drow.

- talking crap with Ella Rae during the main fight, somehow her and I always find eachother to do so.

- Not being told how to fix the fight, but finding it out anyway.

- "not" conspiring.. conversating.
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
28 Jul 2008 20:32 #21 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Friday:
Sleep
Derrick W: The Urban Experience
Chris Scanlon! Yay

Saturday:
Sleep
Grimdar broke my hammer.
We are Mushroom!

Sunday:
Kamen "My name is Kay-men!"
Odo "I can't say human names well!"

I was too tired most of the event to enjoy it fully, but it was still a good way to get over a bad week at work.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
28 Jul 2008 22:21 #22 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
5 hours can pack a lot in.

The trial was some excellent rp'ing. I haven't felt that in the moment in quite some time.

Teaching my son IG about the forrest was pretty awesome

Catching up on so much drama, and more so, with my old friend Judge.

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
29 Jul 2008 11:39 #23 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
For my last event before leaving for Florida, I experienced some amazing RP and awesome nostalgia.  When I asked Doug and James to give a reason why El would leave Travance for at least 2 years, I never expected the send off I recieved.  This event, in many ways, embodied some of the major things I'm going to miss while I'm gone, namely my friends, both in and out of game.

And now for a list, which mostly consists of people rather than events:

-RP with James as The Count.  My first surprise of the event, and one of the best I could get.  By late Saturday night, I found it most amusing that I seemed to be the only one that seemed to understand his "personality shifts". 

-Learning my mission and feeling what its like to be Sebastion Everest in his current state..and somehow managing not to let three OOG people that came in during the scene ruin it - as much as Sam tried...

-Spending a weekend with Sister Rosa, and the evening with Morwenne. Totally Triplets.

-Finally getting the stuff I needed for Corteccia's bday gift.  'Nough said. :)

-Sitting with the Count and Cecil waiting for the Tribunal to end, as EVERYONE I wanted to talk to was in there, and then moving into the Gaian Tree to let James and Doug discuss plot.  Why do I start to feel most IG when I'm pretending to be inside a tree by myself?

-Playing make-believe in the Grove with Kate, Jon, Judge, Sam, Mike and MB.  It was like watching a group of 10 year olds, in a good way....

-Reminiscing with Birnum about the old days.

-Late night revelations and tears with Ethan.  I've always said its not a KR event unless Elawyn ends up crying, but usually she doesn't have company in doing so. ;)

-The heartattack of failing a ritual with such a high percentile, and then the double heartattack when we realized we were two rooms from a second ritual.  Thank god for "failures" that allow you to still succeed...

I had a great time, thank you everyone that made my event so special: Doug, James, Mike S., Kate, Judge, Jon, MaryBeth, Charna, Alisia, Mike D., Matt W.,of course my Sam, and everyone else that make KR so great.  See you at the Ball (if James ever gets us a date...)! 

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Niotrul
29 Jul 2008 15:29 #24 by Niotrul (Niotrul)
Replied by Niotrul (Niotrul) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Friday:
Finally getting to fully RP my hobbits fear! Thanks to the 9 or so orcs that is.
Sat around and played a few games of chess.
Wonder why it is always so hard to find the people you are sent out to find.

Saturday:
Woke up in the cabin after maybe an hours rest and realizing a hornets nest was over my bed.
Subsequently fleeing the cabin.
Earning a few coin by keeping an eye on the ground and floor.
adventurers guild trip dropped me a few times, and actually killed something that had money on it.
being one of two people to defend the side door to the inn during main mod.
Not being listened to as the lizardman assassin rattles the window and i scream "STOP HIM"
Surviving the exploding ice/water elemental god thing
NPCing a human warrior slave at 2 am, getting dominated as a result.
traipsing all the way to cabin in the downpour. my bed was there, so it was worth it

Sunday:
Blasted imps and powerful things. dropped me like nothin.
Taking a fireball for a healer who was a lot more useful than me
getting dragged to the inn by our towns own silent goblin, who i do not doubt in the least could have carried three of me
finishing the event with one body left and praying nothing came out of the woodwork

Safety in numbers is only as good as the number awake.

-James Rainey
29 Jul 2008 19:35 #25 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Great event for roleplaying, I really feel like I had time to get to know some characters better.

Spending so much time talking one on one to Arlington and getting fewer raised eyebrows than I thought was fun.

Getting yelled at by Count Winterdark was intimidating but made for an amazing scene.

The druid grove and getting yelled at again. Poor Rosa did nothing and kept getting berated.

Having half the people at the chaos waste mod come up to me after to express their sheer hatred for me. Probably npcing was the most fun I had all weekend.

Coming back to town just in time to see Pesmerga led to brilliant RP for the rest of the weekend. I'm not afraid, in fact I feel calm and collected when that vampire is around... wonder why that is? ;)

Finally, getting to spend some time with Elawyn and Morwenne, Ethan and Antrim late Saturday/ Sunday.

Can't wait to see everyone again next time.

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
29 Jul 2008 21:34 #26 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Friday:
NPC shift and having fun as lizard kin...until we ran into Slack.
Always good beating up stuff with Yankee Kate.
Scaring people!
No late interruptions.

Saturday:
Always good RPing with Gideon, Kwildar, Osred and my fellow mages.
Realizing that Kate is perhaps my favorite fellow high elf.
Kangaroo Court.
My horror as I ran into a group of Malyc's followers chanting "Malyc, Malyc" a la Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Getting insight into higher mage powers from Slack and realizing that just maybe he's not the hack mage that I thought he is.
Middle Eastern style feast and PEACHES!
Osred as the bad guy!
Escorting the Count to and fro.

Lowlight:Missing the Adventurers Guild and all the gold...:(

Sunday:
Getting to beanbag Derrick's alt as he went berserk.
Mage's Mission...levers everywhere and temptations a plenty.

All in all a great event.

Norm B

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
30 Jul 2008 19:00 #27 by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre)
Replied by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
I don't often post these, but well, this one was good:

Friday night:
My PC and Lord Pyre finish having a conversation about how one should treat subordinates and "underlings" on the ramp by ourselves.  Out walks Osred and quickly behind him comes Brik.  She starts to show Osred her new Town Guard banner, smiling, clearly looking extremely happy.  Then Lord Pyre says to Brik, "No Offense," then looking back at my PC, "but since when do we hire mute goblins to be on the guard."  Brik's face immediately fell as though someone had kicked her puppy.  I turn back to Lord Pyre and say, "What were we JUST talking about!"  Living proof why he actually needs the skill Lore: Etiquette. 

Saturday:
-Knowing so many people expected me to kill Janus at the Mage's guild meeting and having zero intent to do so.  You kill one character, at his insistence, and suddenly you get a reputation.

Saturday Night:
-Man I love Shield Bash.  Derrek raids the guards barracks and is fighting a couple people, I run out, surprise him and call "shield bash, shield bash, shield bash" and derrek, in a mini-hold, calls "dodge, dodge, dodge."  He then says 3-2-1-layon and I call "shield bash, shield bash".  The look on his face was priceless as he takes it and says oogly "you son of a..."  We then proceeded to remove his arms, one leg, and break the other. 

In service to Kormyre,

Lord Alexander Renaudierre of Frostguard

~~~
Roy S.
  • brik
  • whatever
  • Thank Yous: 14
30 Jul 2008 20:01 #28 by brik (sonya)
Replied by brik (sonya) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
that is a million times more funny now that i know that's what you were were talking about  :D

oog - sonya m.
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
30 Jul 2008 20:57 #29 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!
Yea..the mages guild meeting was awesome.

Im glad that everyone loved the wild mages so much. Honestly never thought itd happen....

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
31 Jul 2008 01:15 #30 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic July Highlights, Round 2 - Fight!

NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
sleepin on a couch in the inn and not getting killed, robbed, assaulted. or anything else in my sleep.... both nights
legpants+Alister=goodtimes
cooled off by swimming
killin unusually rich undead
bacon!!!!!!
teller of truths.... him waking up Alister
Major RP with random evil wildmage (that was amazing Liz) during a pre-battle stand off
fight with that wildmage, elemental sheild made it so that there were a lot of nice effects (incinerate and such) but either of us getting hurt. till my    sword made friends with her gut
Emars self reflection on who he thinks cares about him at all in travance (thanks to that evil wild mage) and coming up with three names
tracking those wildmages that escaped
awesome wake up crews that really broke the mold from the standard "imma kill you dead" npcs
waking up to someone polishing the shield attached to my arm

EXPLODING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER.... like and old friend that moved away come back :)

Lord Pyre showing that not all nobility are apathetic until confronted, and that some actually remember the little guys
learning a skill ive been searching high and low for
yellin orders and ppl actually listen to them and magnus's responce of "since when do you give orders?"
"fight defencively againsts it"    "drain life"    "i said defencively"    "that is defence for me"
first time sir brightstar spoke a kind word to me (even the initial rundown when i first came into town seemed rushed and snooty)
Coffee Monger NPC
Coffee Mule NPC
playing n npc who made wolf noises to help venders sell holy oil and holy water
all i can think of for now  ;D

OOG-Mark B
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.923 seconds