Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!

• KyraOmega
  • Thank Yous: 0
15 Feb 2009 00:04 - 15 Feb 2009 07:41 #1 by KyraOmega (KyraOmega)
Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!! was created by KyraOmega (KyraOmega)
My funniest moment was definatly being consecrated 3 times in a row right after I would walk in the door at the inn as Hope Thatcher!

Building the tunnels in the main mod was also alot of fun and contained plenty of laughs.

My favorite part of the evening was probably getting the chance to interact with everyone near the end of the event and get to know a few faces and names. ( I probably will remember your faces but the names take a while...especially when I have to remember 2 or more sets ^_^)

I'll probably add more after I have slept for a few hours and get out of work!

Add your own favorite and funny moments and share the fun!

IG- Kizzy Vadoma
New to Travance

OOG- Kyra
Yes, that is my REAL oog name!
Last edit: 15 Feb 2009 07:41 by .
  • Jarons20
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 1
15 Feb 2009 15:18 #2 by Jarons20 (Jarons20)
Replied by Jarons20 (Jarons20) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
Seeing Goose run up to stop a consecration(?) or interuption after being healed, and everyone going "...wasn't he dead?"

Noticing the surplus of matresses and Building the maze and then being told we couldn't fight in it... :(

All the tower mods, some great strategy and some time wasting

Seeing Welsher in that guardian costume standing as tall as the balcony, and his scream/screech

Meeting some excellent new players who I hope keep coming

Also, having a concrete bottom

OOG - Jason Arons
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
15 Feb 2009 15:40 #3 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
The Food was awesome

The Main Mod was awesome

The Camp was incredible

One of the best day events i've been to.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
15 Feb 2009 16:36 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
First - I hope we can make this camp work.  No question in my mind it is preferable to Sac.

High points:
The Manor Mod.  Wally and crew - take a well deserved bow.  The marshaling was such that it did not interfere with the action.  The NPCs were great.  The degree of difficulty was spot on target.

Welsher - you rocked.  You seemed to be enjoying it which makes it doubly good. :)

Lethias: "I don't see any problem." then getting turned to stone as he grabbed a book.

I remember reading how when Moses kept his arms up during a battle the Hebrews waxed.  Keeping my arm up for almost 10 minutes to maintain an effect was excruciating.  I am sore today.  I hope never to have to do it again.

Crawling behind Lethias in the maze, but with a staff.

Burning through 250 FP in two 3 minute bursts, including 7 imprisons (one goes with what works).

Cael, one of the shortest remembering that "People do not look up"  and thus locating the third book, hidden in plain sight.

Learning from Lethias - Vince is an excellent teacher.
Learning from Mr. Rosa.  Although the lesson was not smooth (the knowledge she was passing on was something she never used and could not see anyone wanting, thus had never been considered by her from a teaching standpoint), her opinion of what she was passing to me was made abundantly clear in a most excellent manner. 

Our later discussion of the philosophical and practical differences between our non-shared prayer domains was informative, and IMO, excellent.  Extending the conversation to the Dark Pantheon stretched our minds a bit and got us thinking in ways we had not reached in the past, I think.

"Lord" Rodriguez - nice flim-flam.  Being a commoner, I was glad to let the nobility deal with you, even though they got it wrong.  Pyre's resolution was proper and just.

Kyra, NPCing, and me telling her the difference between being haughty and disrespectful, as only a pedantic and, I'll admit it, obnoxious Fr. Edwin can do.  Glad to see her rolling with it.

The looks on some folk's faces when I offered them some (actually, a fair share) of the loot I took from the slain monsters. 

The food was good, and there was just enough of it.  Less than a half loaf of bread, next to no turkey, no ham and a minimal amount of fruit and dessert remained. 

Low points:
Took a shot to the groin, purely an accident, and realized I had about three seconds before serious pain started.  My attacker called a hold, a moment later I croaked out, "No" and invoked invisibility.  Again, everyone in the Manor rocked.  Thank you for making those 45 minutes an exciting time.

Cleaning afterwards.  Leaving around 3AM.  Stopping in a diner with ALex, getting home of 5:20.  Going very slow the last 5 miles, as i was dead, not afraid of falling asleep at the wheel, because I knew Ihad a little left, but because my reflexes were so shot if a deer jumped we were toast.  ALex and I determined that between us it took less than a minute to fall asleep once we made it to our respective beds.

James - "I want to thank you guys for staying, because if you didn't Amber would have been the most miserable person in the world, which would have resulted in me being the second most miserable."

Me - "You've got it wrong James."

ALex "Yeah, Amber would feel a little better after she made you feel miserable, so you would have been the most miserable person in the world."

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Edward Walker
  • Let me cut to the point to get to the heart of the issue.
  • Thank Yous: 15
15 Feb 2009 17:38 #5 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
I had a fantastic time.  I really hope everything goes well with this camp because it was great.

Highlights:

The Manor Mod.  To everyone who helped with that, my hat is off to you.  It is one of my favorite moments of KR to date.  I still can't get over how much fun I had and regret that I could only do it once.  The Welcher guardian was also amazing.

Getting fought over for ownership.  I didn't know Sorel was on such demand

Learning cleave from Fogrum.  Ow.  Thank you Matt White, that was fun.

Exploring the camp in general.  It such a nice place.

Lowlights:

NO SMITHS.  My poor armor got little love.  I was so sad.

I can't wait for the event at the end of the month.  The festival charged me up and now I want more!

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
15 Feb 2009 19:27 #6 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
This festival was very low key but very fun.  I got to talk to some players I don't spend a lot of time with, and just getting to reknow others.

Also just running around being a jerk to a lot of the town, and not caring about anyone's opinion.

Getting to see my friends oog is always a plus

Getting to teach Sorel how life will be for him now on ;)  and for once working with Fogrom without anyone--meaning me, having to die

The house mod was so incredible.  I loved all the people that I was with and I wouldn't have wanted to go in with anyone else.  We all worked together really well, and it led to some internal battles, so we'll see how all of that ends up.

Overall I think its the best one day I've gone to in a very long time. 

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Ravanna
15 Feb 2009 23:00 #7 by Ravanna (Ravanna)
Replied by Ravanna (Ravanna) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
Tromping through the forest for an hour looking for satchels with Sam.

Then tromping through the forest, climbing mountains, trudging through thorn bushes, crossing creeks, climbing more mountains for another 3 hours and missing dinner by an hour and a half.

Crawling through mazes.

Being incredibly sore

Amber Schoch
  • Jarons20
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Feb 2009 02:17 #8 by Jarons20 (Jarons20)
Replied by Jarons20 (Jarons20) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!

Crawling through mazes.

Being incredibly sore

I dont think we took into account how many people would be going through the mazes wearing full dresses and the pounding knees would take, maybe it was a good thing we didn't have combat in there

OOG - Jason Arons
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
16 Feb 2009 09:14 #9 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
Making 90 degree turns with that danged attuned staff, while crawling through the maze. :)

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
16 Feb 2009 11:01 - 16 Feb 2009 11:03 #10 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
I just wanted to throw out some "Thank You"s to some people.

Thanks to Doug for Making an incredible monster costume, and helping to design and run the event.

Thanks to Matt Welsher for playing the monster so well despite the hard physical demands the costume put on him, including the fact that he had to stay outside the whole time.

Thanks to Joe and MarryBeth for running the NPCs for the weekend, you guys did an awesome job!

Thanks to Matt Volk for designing the phys-reps for the puzzles, they look absolutely awesome!

Thanks to Aaron for hand crafting some completely kick ass traps and also for marshaling the mods!

Thanks to Matt W. for hiding all the satchels.

Thanks to Charlie and Alex Shields for all the help at the end of the night!

Thanks to everyone who came out on Valentines day to play with us and check out this new camp!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 16 Feb 2009 11:03 by .
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
16 Feb 2009 11:26 #11 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
Highlights:

Definately the "Candelabra" mod... it just started out with Mary Beth and Joe sending us out as merchants, turned into "Get the 50 gold at all costs..." and ended with Waylays, dark rituals being thwarted and a generally confused town

The Manor Mod! OMG it was so cool to be able to have an actual house to run around in. It really made it feel like we were monsters in whatever rooms

Lowlights:

Being beat upon for the day

I say we keep the camp!

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
16 Feb 2009 13:45 #12 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
Agreed that this camp is a good one, and a great many of you never even experienced the trails beyond the lake.

Highlights:

Hiding the satchels with Brendan.
subhighlight 1 - Brendan observing me scaling a cliff to place a satchel and yelling up, "no seriously Matt White, come back down from there..."
subhighlight 2 - Having set off with the plan to finish the Dreamation mod plans while hiding the satchels, we resolved almost nothing apart from concluding that with only a week left we're probably hosed.

Leading Ravanna, Rosa, and Darius along the trails so that they could attempt to find the satchels and I could retrieve them when they failed so that I didn't have to make a third trip. The triple cries of "damnit!" every time I called a hold to go back and get one they'd missed.

Being summoned outside to fight a skeletal champion, watching Antrim and Lethias dispatch it the moment I walked outside, and then hearing for the next three hours about how Fogrom had killed it with one swing...

Teaching Sorel Cleave, and after having lopped his leg off as an example of how not to cleave someone, being confronted with a rankled Ravanna:

"You are cleaning this up!"
"Excuse me?"
[Ravanna looks at Sorel writhing on the ground and points]
"You are cleaning this up!"

Executing a ninja roll. Not only was I stunned that I came up facing the right way, axe and shield at the ready, with no broken limbs or torn ligaments, but then I was surprised to see Birnum and Sorel leap in front of me to buy me some time to get back to my feet. That was teamwork!

A+ for Welsher. My favorite line, "seriously guys, I can't pick it up"...

Matt White
  • Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
17 Feb 2009 12:47 #13 by Secarius (Secarius)
Replied by Secarius (Secarius) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
getting to play a Malycte doing th ritual thing after the town fubar'd the candelabra thing... and having my malycte "minions" chanting the universal greeting from the 1986 transformers movie.. and as the town came to stop us... they stopped and asked "do we really hear that?" (the chanting)

and later on getting to play the skeletal champion that "fogrum killed" and the few he actually did kill.

my all time favorite part was playing the tribal goblin shamman with "the old ones"
i really had to channel my inner ferret... err goblin shaman for that one with the voice and how i acted... all twitchy and such. props to Jason as barack and not simply attacking the goblin.. he wasnt being violent.. he just wanted to get out of the cold and get some drinky... until he shot two magic missles at Mother Rosa and dropped 2 conseccutive "100 fire" alchemy bombs just as a mod group returned.. which just at the doorway was Welsher's brother (sorry forgot your name) lethias, Antrim, Forgum and the fire-mage chick (sorry forgot ur name too)

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
18 Feb 2009 16:01 #14 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
A+ camp, would camp again.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Noctra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "Valar Morghulis"
24 Feb 2009 08:03 #15 by Noctra (Noctra)
Replied by Noctra (Noctra) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!

And it is 10 min. from an Outback!

Sister Celestine Tellinghast
Paladin of the White Fox
The Order of the Brilliant Hammer

...and they shall know no fear
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
24 Feb 2009 13:14 #16 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!

And it is 10 min. from an Outback!

Now that's setting your priorities.  :D

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Edward Walker
  • Let me cut to the point to get to the heart of the issue.
  • Thank Yous: 15
24 Feb 2009 13:28 #17 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic Feb 14th funniest & favorite moments!!
It's a good priority!

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.803 seconds