March 09 Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
29 Mar 2009 19:15 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
March 09 Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Wow, how does such a short event drain one so much?  I had a blast, although I feel like I'm paying for it the next day...

Highlights:

* Beginning the organization of Brazenites in the town.
* Learning from Janus.  Having him explain something that he hadn't taught in a while was interesting.
* Learning from Quinn & Odo - good examples of making one think while teaching & learning.
* TONS of new Mage students - woohoo!
* "Niiiiiiiicolaiiiiiiiii!"  "No, thank you, my throat is fine."
* An interesting short encounter with the Gargoyles.
* The epic fight between Germain and Logan.
* Getting home that night, going over Main Mod in my head, and realizing I didn't call any of my latent defenses.  Whoops.
* Wearing the newly "Cooperized" Gideon's Armor.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Mar 2009 20:21 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic March 09 Highlights
First - all attendees were considerate of our house.  Although we expected nothing less, it was a pleasure.

In no particular order:
Everyone who chipped in and brought things and did things - Huzzah!
Great job by Alex T, Keith and Andy.  You guys kept it going.

Finding out what "Wallywhumped" means, physically (getting hit 5 times in as many seconds for 20 eah whack) and mentally, when Quin calling out "Wield Faith - 18" and he answered "100."

Good RP with Brax
Excellent RP with Rob, as the Grand Inquisitor.
Ditto with Volk, as the missionary Abbot.  I am really glad to see the political stuff first hand, though I feel like a small dwelling near a tsunami. 
Good RP with Benjamin.
Nice informative one on one chat with the Baron.

Realizing that although Edwin is one of the top Chessplayers in the Kingdom, I am but a minor piece or a somewhat important pawn in the intrigues of the Church.  Although this is fine, I still do not know which side I am representing.  This is all VERY confusing and utterly enchanting.

Demon Dog giving a warning growl before Corteccia burst through the woods, then giving another - not at her but at the still unseen Ogres/trolls.  If only I could get him to grab weapons...

Opening my last Profession. 

Being cursed by a Gypsy! - Good RP, although it cannot end well for him.

Cheesy balls.

Making remarks about a purple clothed gentleman in the hearing of Gideon.

Teaching Willpower.  One of my favorites to impart.  My approach is decidedly different from the Master Shen soup method.

Having the idea of perception mattering more than reality brought home - foreign, ridiculous even to Edwin, but facts are facts.

Picking up a few nice lores.

Feeling bad for Jen when she broke the hanging chair (it is 30 years old and I should have retired it a while back), and Charlie being very happy she was not at all injured, but Fr. Edwin internally doing handsprings when he heard Mixolydia landed on her backside. 

Great transformation of the second floor of the barn.

Knowing during Matt V's sermon that something was going to occur at some point and not being disappointed. 

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
29 Mar 2009 23:23 - 29 Mar 2009 23:34 #3 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic March 09 Highlights
-Seeing some people I haven't seen in awhile made me mucho happy.
-Shut the box, always fun.
-Two NPC‘s walk in on the party: "Hey you, you want to go on a treasure hunt?" and all I could think of in my head was "ITS A TRAP!!" Curse Star Wars jokes.
-Poor silly goblins trying to take me hostage. I would have been fine, it was kinda cute. Could have made them cookies and come back.
-Gypsies
-Toubles with trinkets
-The games. I didn't really want to be in either but I went along with it. Getting scolded at for not actually trying in the fighting tournament the first time. Beingcheered on after the second round. Stone the Heretic just proves I need an outfit with pants and a skirt, or some things just get difficult to do.
-Ilana learning something about someone she disliked and now feeling bad for him instead
-Being 'kidnapped' by Odo and Max
-Willpower is my friend and always will be. Also getting to use a lot of different skills I don't usually get to.
-Ilana’s first disease! Yay lores….
-Ilana's first broken bones! Both Arms; luckily able to blow up safely, away from people when I stumbled back. (The new guy who was nice enough to drag me away to safety just missed it). Feeling bad for losing control because what she learned what such explosions do now.
-The Abbot's Mass. Volk you=awesome.
-Saving St. Remigius' Soul ^__^
-The shower I took as soon as I got home

This festival was a lot of fun and interesting in my opinion. A nice mix of combat and RP (more RP then action) that I appreciate so much when I can grab onto it. Want more ^^

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 29 Mar 2009 23:34 by .
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
30 Mar 2009 00:21 #4 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic March 09 Highlights
First of all,  It felt GREAT to be back.  I had a lot of fun.
Having people hang out with me at the herb shoppe. 
Listening to gypsies play music.
Having wonderful rp with a fellow merchant about bringing up the idea of living in Travance instead of just surviving.
Being "danced" to the living room because I got bored.
Helping Ilana by giving some herbs to help heal people.
Healing people while St Reginus's soul was being saved.
Thanks to everyone for making my return fun.

p.s. There's more but I have to go to sleep.  I am going to Florida for a vacation in the morning.

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
30 Mar 2009 00:30 #5 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic March 09 Highlights
*The ride down and back with good ol' Doc Maxwell.  Anytime you need a lift and I can, let me know.  I promise we won't stop at that diner again. ;)

*Some fantastic RP, ranging from attempting to be the voice of reason and clarity between Solomon and Germaine, to being furious at Logan, to attempting (and failing) to insult certain people.  Galen needs to work on being nasty, apparently.

*My own tea?  Fantastic.  Ming is full of awesome and win.

*Getting out and running around.  It's been too long since I've done that.

*Falling asleep on the comfy couch far too many times.  I don't remember much, but I remember saying that my naps are like comas.  If so, we have conclusive evidence that people in comas can hear what you say, so watch out!  :P

*Getting a new goal for Galen, and a newfound respect for something he had previously disliked rather extremely.

*Various events occurring that left Galen feeling better than he had in a long time.  After hitting such a low point with him in previous events, it was fantastic to get that kind of a high from him.

*Helping to assassinate the delicious, delicious desserts after the contest.  Mmmmm....

*Heh, heh, fire, heh, heh.

*Bagpipes.  We need more bagpipes, dangit.

Downsides:

-Ewww, mud.  I need new boots.  :-[

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
  • Edward Walker
  • Let me cut to the point to get to the heart of the issue.
  • Thank Yous: 15
30 Mar 2009 01:07 #6 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic March 09 Highlights
The highlights:
- Great RP with Logan and Germain.
- Amazing deserts
- Coming in 2nd in the sack race
- The "treasure hunt"
- the gargoyle encounter, and the events after
- My first cavalier experience, leading people and giving battle orders
- The Abbot's mass
- Fighting the undead Saint Remigius and saving his soul

The lowlights:
- Mud and cleaning my boots
- Realizing that doing a sack race wearing all of my armor is a BAD idea

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
  • northstarpn
  • When God hands you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD
  • Thank Yous: 0
30 Mar 2009 02:42 #7 by northstarpn (northstarpn)
Replied by northstarpn (northstarpn) on topic March 09 Highlights
-Gypsy jam sessions
-Satyr innuendo
-Pipes talk
-Tucker
-"Goblins? Trolls? Caves? This is the worst damn kegger I've ever been to..."
-definitions from the roguinomicon (thanks Alex)
-Shirtless Stone the Heretic
-"There's a giant blue light in the sky... does that mean we won?"
-Loosing my bet... oh wait, that's not good!

Peter Nerino
aka Nikolai
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Mar 2009 09:28 #8 by geezer (geezer)
<<Galen needs to work on being nasty, apparently.>>

Come into my office.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
30 Mar 2009 11:04 #9 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic March 09 Highlights
Awesome time.

Giving welcomed feedback was nice.

The food was awesome (The veggie stew was very nice.)

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
30 Mar 2009 11:23 #10 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic March 09 Highlights
Oh my goodness, this was so much fun

First off, Charlie and Seamstress, thank you for letting us use your gorgeous house and property, I'm jealous

- Gypsies mentioning shenanigans in the presence of Gideon and Gideon threatening to dagger whip anyone who said "shenanigans" again. Super Troopers reference FTW
- Awesome times being silly with the gypsies, I know the town is not fond of our loud and obnoxious ways, but it's so much fun
- Satyr innuendos
- Naked male gypsies playing stone the heretics
- Both of Lina's arms have now been injured, the left one from one of Fallow's minions eating it, and the right one being broken by Wally's NPC
- The surprise shriek I let out after being hit in the back and being taken down, it wasn't RP, it was real
- Oh, and how can I forget, THE HAT! Geoff, thank you so much for letting me borrow it, I didn't want to give it back, because I finally felt like my character was complete

I think we should have dogs running around at every KR event, that would really set the atmosphere  :P

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
30 Mar 2009 13:01 #11 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic March 09 Highlights
I don't think I've ever been quite so sore.  SO WORTH IT!

My highlights include:
-The Barechest Gypsy Brigade!
-Touch combat competition was fun to watch and participate in.  Esp. watching Logan and Germaine, and not knowing who I wanted to lose more.
-Singing competition.  Everyone was amazing.
-Allowing my broken arms to be cut off, because Regenerate Limb is faster than Magic Splint.
-So many Glommites to kill, so little time.
-Learning Willpower for the express purpose of never having my mind controlled again.
-Getting Dominated to kill the town a mere hour after my Willpower lesson.
-Having no idea, IG who exactly patted me on the shoulder before flying away.
-Watching Balthier on Satyr Wine.  Priceless.  Especially when he tried to play Malcolm Germaine's head with his violin bow.
-Gypsy plotting
-Seeing all my KR friends, and finally getting my fix.  Damn you, James, for making such an addictive game!

Looking forward to April.  Two weeks can't go fast enough.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Markov
30 Mar 2009 13:33 #12 by Markov (wayward fox)
Replied by Markov (wayward fox) on topic March 09 Highlights
There were a number of events and character realizations that stuck out for me this event:

Highlights:
- Watching how fast the other gypsies and myself stripped our shirts when we were told that baggy clothing and/or dangly scarves would count if hit in stone the heretic
- Amazing rp moments with Ming (throughout the event) and Gwynedd concerning Father Edwin
- Casting my first gypsy hex
- touch combat
- left handed fencing on low level mod with an ogre and getting the chance to say the lines, "I must admit, you are good, but I know something you do not- I am not left handed!"
- Getting to see and create chaos with old friends and some new ones too.
- Giving "vertical dancing lessons" for food as well as putting out the offer of "horizontal dancing lessons" too.
- Satyr wine... oh god, never again will I accept a drink from a satyr; hallucinating, look at Tobar and not being able to help myself from screaming, "Chase the Rainbow!" as I drunkenly stumbled after him.
-Gypsy jam session, however short it was.
-Getting invited to a sparring match with the Baron

Realizations:
- I need to get to know my character more, because there were a number of times where I acted in a way that he wouldn't

*Charlie, I'm looking forward to our honor combat- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by some of the schemes I have in store*

-Elias L. Barkey
30 Mar 2009 22:45 #13 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic March 09 Highlights
After a year and a half hiatus, FINALLY returning to KR was so wonderful! :D Getting to huggle handfuls of old friends was really marvelous. I'd missed you guys so much!
Also, Charlie and Seamstress, thank you SO MUCH for letting this event go on at your absolutely gorgeous house/property!
Now, for the faves:

*Bringing in Remi, a first level satyr bard, and successfully being useful during a mod! (fanfare of bold action FTW)
*Satyr innuendo- it gives a whole new meaning to "piece of tail!" ;D
*Being the only clothed, non-gypsy in the Barechested Gypsy Brigade
*Baltheir stoned out of his mind on satyr wine. Highlights include:
-attempting to play Malcolm Germain's head with a fiddle bow and being confused when nothing happened (except vitriol and lots of glaring.)
- Remi- "It's true! Tobar swings both ways!"
Balthier: *drunkenly stumbling/chasing Tobar* "CHASE THE RAINBOW!"
*Being privy to a fantastically snarky argument between Solomon Darkheart and Malcolm Germaine. IG, having no idea whose side I was on, and having it sorted out for me by the McBanes.
*Telling Malcolm Germaine in no uncertain terms that he needs to drink more. Later, having no less than three IG conversations that concluded with "Basically, Malcolm Germaine needs to get laid!"
*Fr. Edwin commenting on "enjoying the view," followed up with, "Hey, I'm old, not dead!"  ::)
*Remi being worried about her new friends, and going into the woods with Rosette to be sure they were OK. Fantastic RP. Awesome IG discoveries. Yay new friends!!
*Skeleton rap. "Hissss click click click Hissss chhhh!"
*Waiting to NPC main mod. "What's taking them so damn long?!!" "Sorry, I gave Volk about an hour's worth of speaking material T_T"

and, the top two:

*Basement Mod was so much fun!!! Playing the damsel in distress was fantastic, the basement looked awesome, and the mod wound up being almost as hilarious as it was exciting.
* And of course, #1 has gotta be winning first place in the singing competition. I was just as gleeful and confused OOG as Remi was IG, and now I has shiny magic item! Yay!  ;D

Finally, I want to hand out some kudos to certain people:
*Blockus. I know I've told you this already, but seriously. Hating you is SO. MUCH. FUN. Also, thanks for ripping your pants, I got loads of IG giggles out of that one (and yes, it was Remi who whistled.)
*Damien. You pretty much rock my world- from your hilarious song to your RP excellence during Basement Mod. High five for being awesome.
*Elias. Your satyr wine performance really deserved a stumbling ovation. Rock out.
*Wally. You lived up to everything I'd ever heard about you. Re: basement mod- You play a fantastic drunk, and it was so hard to not giggle maniacally when the rogues locked you in your own cage.
and finally
*James C. Kimball. Not only did you make a fantastically addictive game, but your enthusiasm for the world you've created is contagious and inspiring. (Also, NPCing with you is more fun than you can shake foam and duct tape at.)  :D

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
31 Mar 2009 00:13 #14 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic March 09 Highlights
Thank you Charlie for offering your home. It is a very generous act and helps for those of us who have to steal each moment away from real life where we can to larp.

Volk and the new Galladel movement...long overdue. Thanks

I love getting to use all the old stuff from years past to still have some impact now and again

Hide and seek game...next time I think I'll pass. 30 minutes hiding in a thorn bush for naught.

Alex, Kyle, Welsher and Kate making for a great time for me as always

Learning new skills and the delima of what to take next. I really need a plan sometimes.

Asking if anyone has fire only to remember a minute later its a part of my essence as a paladin. Senility creeps onwards.

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
31 Mar 2009 11:17 - 31 Mar 2009 15:33 #15 by Alexander Van Zandt (Logan)
Replied by Alexander Van Zandt (Logan) on topic March 09 Highlights

Alex, Kyle, Welsher and Kate making for a great time for me as always

As always you are more than welcome Chris, I do my best to better the enjoyment of others at KR.

Highlights
Displaying my master "rock" throwing abilities and becoming Tranvancian World Stone the Heretics Champions

The fight with Alex, I hope other learned alot from watching us do battle.

Chewing outh Mother Quinn, than agreeing with galean that he indeed an abomination.

Leaving before it rained

Talking with Soriel and Jermaine

Deligating my protection duties to Soriel whether he liked it or not.

Alexander Van Zandt
Sword of Mercy

oog: Matt W.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2009 15:33 by .
31 Mar 2009 18:21 #16 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic March 09 Highlights
Dude, Chris was talking about your brother.  No one likes you.

Plus, Monte is WAY sweeter than Logan.

--Skimmel

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Uriel
01 Apr 2009 12:16 #17 by Uriel (Simon)
Replied by Uriel (Simon) on topic March 09 Highlights

Dude, Chris was talking about your brother.  No one likes you.

Plus, Monte is WAY sweeter than Logan.

True story!

...The event was fun, Speigel great job! thanks for letting us use your house...

Highlight:
-Watching my brother's epic battle with Germain
-Watching my brother get his ass handed to him by Eric Brandes
-Stone the Heretics Champions '09! Chase Utley has nothin on us!
-Playin new characters (RIP Monty)

Detriments:
-How come every time I come to an event, every inch of ground is mud?

Master Uriel Lightstone
OOG: Ryan Welsher

"Two hits, me hittin' you; you hittin' the floor..."
-Emilio Estevez, The Breakfast Club
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Apr 2009 13:47 #18 by geezer (geezer)
<<-How come every time I come to an event, every inch of ground is mud?>>

It is a James thing.  It always seems to rain at a KR event. 

True story - In the late 50s and early 60s, when my father worked for The Frankford Arsenal and RCA as an electrical engineer, he was heavily involved in the Nike-Zeus missile project.  The proving ground (read test area) was the White Sands Proving Ground, 3,200 square miles of mostly desert.  There is one really nice motel where temporary non-serving military usually stayed.  The first three times, over 2 months apart, when my father arrived the launches were canceled due to rain.  ITs a desert, remember?  The fourth time he checked in, the clerk greeted him with "I'm sure glad to see you Mr. Spiegel.  We sure can use the rain."

James has a similar gift and we should be glad that he loves KR, else he would be on the road as a rainmaker, traveling from parched farm to arid pasture.  Wait - he can do that and make enough to afford flying back once a month to events. :)

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.679 seconds