May Event Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
10 May 2009 20:26 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
May Event Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
GREAT weekend!  Only a bit of rain on Friday night, we lucked out the rest of the weekend, given the forecast.

Highlights:
* TONS of new players!  It was good to see you all!
* The GLORB.  Even I'm calling it that now...
* Holy cow, a snowball was thrown in hell!  Kristen made it to the event!
* Being specifically sought to get dragged into a portal as a backup fighter.  Really, guys, I'm not that powerful... thank you for the ego boost, but really...
* Feast was delicious!
* Missing a Dark Geomancer sent out to kill Gideon.  While it was a bit of a shame I missed him OOG, the fact that I had no clue he was in town until after the encounter was over was an IG blessing to Gideon.
* Londwynnian Literacy Lessons.  Well done, Cass!
* Diane brought me a case of Pepsi Throwback to keep me going. :)

One lowlight:
* Getting home and finding my right foot a bloody mess from the boot it was in.  Time to get new boots...

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
10 May 2009 21:02 #2 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic May Event Highlights
Highlights:

-Making it to an actual event instead of a festival.  Million times more exciting!
-Making friends with many people that I've never met before, especially Ming and his talented nephew, the Afronan  :P, tons of my own people from Khitan, a young ranger who's name I forget (I'M SORRY!), Lily my Kitty/Celt/Gyspy companion, all of the celt clans (especially the McGregors and the McBanes) and many many others!
-Seeing familiar faces after coming back from a tragic visit to Khitan
-Studying with Xanifer...that was wicked seeing him touch a sword and have it just become encased with ice when he wielded it  :o
-Going through the woods on my own and NOT getting ganked!
-I haz potions, many many potions  8)

*Seeing Seamus completely annihilate a lesser skeleton by calling Slay Posi and literally kicking it in the butt after having an arm around if for around 30 seconds and saying "how's it going?"*  <---  superior highlight

-Meeting Sorel.  That alone was kinda awesome.  And giving him a potion.  Wonder if he used it.  Hmm...
-Tea with Ming and his nephew == MASSIVE WIN!!!  I've never had such amazing tea before!!!
-Constantly being asked by Ilana if I was in need of Earthen Armor.  Such an wonderful W. Mage :-)

*Obseving several skeletons blast through the inn doors late on Sat. night followed by a rapid fire volley of "Lore: Undead!" for Lethias.  Mostly lesser skeletons with one greater, shortly followed by Lethis saying "It doesn't matter, I'm going to dissapate all of you in about 5 seconds anyways"*  <---  BAMF points to Lethias

-Helping Galen (sp?) realize he can channel posi energy  ;D
-Balthier...just...there's no words to describe it.  He just plain made of awesome.  Period.

And of course, the addition of a part 2 to the main mod.  Going through that portal and beating the crud outta bandits was absolutely fantastic.

Downers:

-Getting all of my limbs broken by a single attack that could have been blocked if I only had a single defense skill
-Losing 25 gold in the field by having it fall from my pockets

Times tripped and fell over my Hakama (spants) = 8

Ouch.

Final thoughts:

Absolutely cannot wait for the next event and I'm looking forward to getting in touch with and meeting my new and old friends again soon!!!  ;)

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Thank Yous: 47
10 May 2009 21:36 #3 by Amizar (Amizar)
Replied by Amizar (Amizar) on topic May Event Highlights
Highlights for May 1209

Friday night we set up Gwynedd’s Herb Shoppe, with the fabulous Salt Light (thanks Geoff).  I gathered up ten gold and visited the Cassandra’s Absinthe booth.  It was an amazing experience, and I can heartily recommend it to anyone!  I came away with a new skill (totally unexpected).  About that time the caravan of new townsfolk arrived.  So many new players!  It’s great to see such a large influx of new blood.

Later that night there was a giant magical explosion from the Absinthe booth.  Just goes to show that you can never know what’s going to happen at Knight Realms.

Saturday morning I was up early, and the inn was deserted.  While sipping coffee on the front porch, a herd of deer quietly grazed just down the hill.  Later in the morning I had a chance to get some photos of the townspeople of Travance.

By Saturday afternoon, Ming had set up his wonderful Tea Tent.  His presentation and attention to detail was top-shelf!  It’s great to have such a dedicated merchant in town.  Next, I spent some time shadowing Matt White as he marshaled a short Paladin mod.  Later in the afternoon I helped Brendan marshal a mod at the rally point of the Night Blade minions.  These experiences showed me how challenging mod-running can be.

The Night Blade mod had an unexpected twist right at the end.  The PCs were trying to decide what to do with the NPC they’d captured.  Should they kill him or drag him back to town?  Just about then, some Lizard Kin (from a totally different mod) arrived on the scene.  One of the PCs suggested that they should leave the NPC and let the Lizard Kin “dispose” of the body!  It showed me how PCs can come up with amazing unexpected ideas.  Plot marshals must be able to adjust the RP on the run to deal with such unexpected events.  My hat is off to Matt, Brendan, Andy and the other mod marshals I’ve shadowed… they’re able to deal with the unforeseen and keep the fun rolling along.

The Baronial Feast was delicious, and the entertainment, with all the singing and dancing, was magnificent.  After the feast I went around to get pictures of the decorated cabins.  On the way back up the hill from Kaladonia, I came across another deer.  Later that night, after teaching Advanced Literacy to a player, a bunch of us went down the hill with “Grandfather” and participated in a druidic ceremony about the Queen of the Celts.  The RP was very exciting, especially when they two NPCs who brought us there suddenly changed to ash!

With so many new players, the marshals sent out not one, but two Main Mods!  I participated in the “low level” mod, and had a wonderful time running around in the full moonlight.  The mod as originally written to be in three parts, but when some of the PCs jumped thru the portal, it expanded into a fourth part!  It was another example of yeoman marshalling by the fine folks in the white headbands.

Sunday morning I had a great time playing Harold the Magnificent as I levitated a bit of paper with the power of my mind.  Then, after taking a few more photos of the players by the inn, it was time to clean up the camp and go home.

I’ll be sending along the pictures very soon.  Thanks for a wonderful, unforgettable weekend!

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

IG: Amizar Wuzwhir, Baronial Scribe
Editor Emeritus of The Travance Chronicle
OOG: Paul Shaffer
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
11 May 2009 00:15 #4 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic May Event Highlights
#1 highlight of the weekend: Jacking everything I could on every mod I went on.  Good stuff.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • reona_amira
  • Hips Don&#39;t Lie
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 May 2009 07:22 #5 by reona_amira (reona kumagai)
Replied by reona_amira (reona kumagai) on topic May Event Highlights
This event was so much fun!

It's really great to meet so many people with such amazing characters, lol.

It was fun to NPC with the guy who played QuanLu (sp?) LOL, I wonder if the PCs got what we were doing.

Being a wolf was fun too, no one killed us! They fed us brownies. <3

There is so much to be seen in this world. Travance is really a living breathing world.

I can't wait for the next event!

Amira Marhanna, Belly Dancer

OOG : Reona Kumagai
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
11 May 2009 10:21 #6 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic May Event Highlights
Thanks to everyone that helped me while I was sick. I don't know where it came from, but it was gone fast enough.

This event was a great OOG for me simply because of the generosity of others.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
11 May 2009 10:47 #7 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic May Event Highlights
I had a nice time at event, and I am very glad the weather held out like it did for us.  Even though I arrived late to the event, I still found plenty to do, as many folks were wondering where I disappeared to all the time.  A few things...

1. Big thanks to Tom Senger (Odo/Dorian) for the transportation and for struggling through his drowsiness and other health issues to keep on going and getting me to/from event and back.
2. Great performances by all at feast and the cool ways you all entertained us.
3. To the Staff, I thank you all for your hard work and for adjusting the mods and plots to match what was needed at the times and making sure as much as humanly possible, for there to be something for everyone to do.

Friday Night...
1. The adventurous car ride with Tom and Richard and seeing Tom's various ways of fighting off sleep and hunger as he drove us to event.  The rain didn't help at all.  We survived!  :P  Signing in at 2 am... woohoo!
2. Setting up my bunk in Drega'mire and the OOG hijinks and humour that ensued.  Thanks to my roomies for putting up with the noise and jokes.

Saturday Morning...
1. Waking up early (6 am!) due to still being on working sleep schedule and being able to take my time getting into character.  Yay!
2. Getting compliments on my new leather jerkin ( Ravenswood Leather ).  Many thanks.
3. Listening to everyone's adventure stories about the previous night and what it bodes for the coming hours.
4. Hearing the cries for help and ruinning into a bandit trap.  Kudos to the NPC's for that idea... even though the folks who responded weren't the level of folks you were hoping for.
5. Giant wolves are nasty, and I am very impressed by the folks who fought them... you guys rocked.
6. Being tossed out of the portals due to being just 4 levels below the requirement.  Nutz!  :P

Saturday Night...
1. Great feast.  Thanks Luis & company.
2. RPing the Orelander the Mage for Matt White and the hilarity that ensued.  I know I looked like a doofus and probably RP'd it worse, but I needed to garner attention for a reason.
3. My huge apologies to Matt White and being unable to locate the tabard, cape, and most important... black felt hat for that role.  I went back that night and on Sunday morning and couldn't re-trace the steps to find those items.  I am so sorry!  :-[
4. To the PC who handled Orelander, great job, don't feel bad, and the paranoia you displayed was optimal for the job.  I just hope the Count doesn't go into that side room and find what happened!  ;)
5. When I agreed to NPC for Alex and Andy, I should've known I be going into a hell-mod.
6. High level mod may have been the most extreme example of "Ow! My spleen!" I have ever gone through.

Sunday Morning...
1. Waking up to a brisk morning!  Wow... a flashback reminder of last event!
2. Walking around and talking with all the people I know... a good lesson in that I am way too quiet and keep to myself.  Which can be a good thing at times... but not always.
3. Cleaning up the Baron's Manor.  1 person takes only 15 minutes.  Get 4 people on it, it takes 3 hours.  :P
4. Eating at the Mug.  Nice!

Had a fun time and I will see you all again after the Summer is over... or if there is a 1 day festival or non-KR event like paintball, golf, or catcing a baseball game.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
11 May 2009 11:29 #8 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic May Event Highlights
Friday Night!
-Meeting the whole caravan of new people that rolled into town. So many Celts!
-Flowers from Celts, they were cute, really.
-Kit/Gypsy/Celt?  Sure, why not, she was adorable.

Friday: NPC
-Lizardkin Scalpers...
-Going to the inn as a bunch of buccaneers specifically to get into a bar fight with the celts.. and they had just gone to sleep. Almost deciding on taking over the inn instead until seeing the big scary guy (Solomon) sitting on the porch and deciding it was time to be going.
-One of the crew punching someone in the face and getting dropped and casually leaving him there so they could do what they wanted with him (after taking his pay from him)

Saturday!
-Narrowly escaping death, twice. Not caused by the usual kinds of monsters either.
-Xanifer coming to town.
-Marketfaire. I didn't realize how many people would like my cake, must bring more next time.
-Night Blade Plot and protecting the lower levels all event. Watching jaws drop as I turn things to ash is fun, the appreciation of others when I bestow Earthen Armor is nice too.
-Just too low a level for high level mod, too high a level for low level mod, oh the limbo I find myself in.
-I notice the more Ilana starts to open up, the angrier she gets... this must be why repression is important. Or, is that the opposite... oh well.
-Beginning lessons on how to fight without magic from Germaine. This is going to hurt, but its going to be worth it, if only I could practice between events... will work on it.
-Getting stoneskin hugs from someone else!

-Finding two bandits off on their own and walking up to them (Mind you, this was at my breaking point):
"Want to see what I can do?"
*confused looks*
"Boom"
Unfortunately, not realizing behind me were about five of the new people coming to help me out... oops. That really shocked me into realization to be my usual, careful self.

-Two incinerate boom packets in a row.... what is the odds of that, really.
-Following with my RP for fire, I don't think people realized how close they were to me just setting anything on fire... the RP of fear of such thoughts was also fun.

Sunday
-My armor staying above half at the end of the event.
---
Lowlight:
Having to write 'Earthen Armor' on SO many character cards... my kindness is painful  :P
This might be my last event as Ilana for awhile >< Lets all cross our fingers!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
11 May 2009 11:30 #9 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic May Event Highlights

Lowlight:
Having to write 'Earthen Armor' on SO many character cards... my kindness is painful  :P
This might be my last event as Ilana for awhile >< Lets all cross our fingers!

Just buy a stamp and inkpad. Should speed things along.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
11 May 2009 12:08 #10 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic May Event Highlights
Well, after 20 hours of driving in two days, making my surprise entrance was certainly worth the effort of both waking up at 5am Sat morning and making the second half of that drive, as well as keeping my arrival a secret from all the good friends I was looking forward to see, at least OOG anyway. ;)

Highlights:
-As it was described by others, my military stomp up the hill to the Inn after sneaking the back way to get changed in our Cabin in Pendarvin, and the subsequent jaw drops from some and hiding of others. 
-Trying to RP a seething rage beneath a cool surface, only letting it bubble to the surface organically when provoked.
-So many good hugs from good friends!
-Awesome new gloves from Diane!  I love them!
-RP with Lethias and Mixolydia especially, as well as the students I taught.
-So many new faces - Jeez it feels like I leave and the whole town is replaced!  Looks like lots of potential since last I was around too.
-The Fairy Storybook is GORGEOUS Emily!
-Being an Economic Hero. ;)
-Tori's lil flower fairies.
-And finally, still not knowing IG that Bellenear is back. Ah hilarity.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • RailaEun
  • It&#39;s a matter of pride, Not that you&#39;d understand.
11 May 2009 16:12 #11 by RailaEun (RailaEun)
Replied by RailaEun (RailaEun) on topic May Event Highlights
First time at KR,
Amazing. I made many new friends and learned the ways of the game. Though admittingly I wasn't truely in character yet because I wanted to get to know a bit of the ropes before hand but next time I attend I should be good :)

I met alot of enjoyable people such as Afronin, Natre, Max Nimblefoot, Balthier, all the celts and pretty much just about everyone else there!

NPCing was a blast. First time we did Trolls down in NPC land, which was fun to watch all the high levels get the deer in the headlights look as they try to think of a way to counter an attack that you throw at them.

Second was the five wolves. This was my favorite. We got to attack what was mostly lower level people and did pretty good. Then after our respawns were over we had one last bang. NPCs and PCs were all a little exhausted after that one.

Third was the Lizard-Kin. I shouldn't even have to explain what happened there lol

Main Mod: Plus: It was alot of fun and very exciting. Main Mod: Minus: My legs were hurting so bad I couldn't follow it out to the end.

The Jester thing was pretty scary. He ran right by us and we didn't even realize it o.o Not to mention hearing his laugh coming from the direction we had to walk....  :P

Favorite quotes:
"I am a romantic, not a whore." Balthier
Max Nimblefoot: *opens door to nearby cabin*GOOD MORNING LADIES!! *In cabin: men grumble*

"LOOK AT ME! I'M A GYPSY! JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE! I'M A GYPSY! NO ONE CAN HEAR ME COMING! I'M A GYPSY! JINGLE JINGLE FREAKIN' JINGLE!!"

(lol gypsys :D )

(OOG: Hazel Hosler)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
11 May 2009 17:16 #12 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic May Event Highlights
Omg new peoples!

-walking up to the inn on Friday to be told by Germaine that I knew no one in the inn most likely
-walking into the inn to find out it was true

Ilana after the 100 Magic effect:
"So Apollo just let out a blast of magical energy for no reason? Hes an evil wild mage lets burn him!"
and nearly dying of laughter.

-Eating a good meal that I should have missed.
-Being shown how some ppl view me in the town. You guys were great and I love each and every one of you for not killing me when that took 3 times as long as it should have.
-Finding out that people can in fact keep secrets (I was really shocked but now I know a good group IG that can infact lie to others if asked lol)
-Getting told by several people that they hope I survive. I also didnt expect that. That was also a nice feeling.

-EVERYTIME I TURNED AROUND I GOT A STUDENT
-the above is a major plus. I felt so bad about what happened later lol. Ill have to make it up to you guys somehow.

-Managing to mix some rp in with what was supposed to be just combat and getting props for it
-Getting props from slack (oog of course) over some bardic spells. that made a good part of my day.
-Seeing the look on Jens face when I told her OOG after the event that she was the new main bard in town. That was actually a lil bit of a surprise lol

So, this event saw the end of one chapter....let the next begin!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
11 May 2009 17:53 #13 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic May Event Highlights
A+ Murderbear, will Murderbear again.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
11 May 2009 19:09 - 11 May 2009 22:57 #14 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May Event Highlights
I keep saying the Events are getting better and I’ve never been this exhausted.  Its true.

Lowlight:
An inconsiderate fool took an inlaid wood chess set and board outside on a bench under a tree and left it out all night.  Do you know what birds do in trees?

Highlights:

I am really happy Paige/Heather is staying in my cabin as she likes to decorate and has a good sense of how to do it.

Nice interaction with Craig and Julia.  You will be missed

The continuation of the hook placed in our gums on the Tower Mod.  Using certain skills I have not been required to employ up until then.

Rediscovering why Edwin entered the priesthood while walking to my house at 1 AM Saturday/Sunday and running into 3 Celts and Lois Maxwell being assailed by 5 or so Lizard kin Poisoners.

Taking a walk down Memory Lane – even though the memories were not mine. 
Kudo’s to Wally for arranging everything.  Not only can he fight like a dervish (see below) but as Memory he was properly understated.

Fighting said memories, in various ways.

Learning as a group how victory is achieved.

Being part of a group that defeated the team of Orias Wormwood, Fogrom and Thomas Ahlman.  See above.  Edwin learned how he contributes best.  He might not like it, but what is, is.  It’s the damned pride thing…

Fighting the Cyclops servant of Malyc and discovering how Edwin can best contribute all around in a heavy fight. He might not like it, but what is, is.  It’s the damned pride thing…  I think a chorus is appearing.

Night mod against the Jester and his minions.  Hearing him whisper in Rosa’s ear “Hit him in the back.”  Rosa swings twice for minimal damage, guy turns around and drops her with one blow.  Repeat 4 times as needed.

Jester “suggesting” to me all would go our way if I return the chessboard to him.  Willpower FTW.

Andy, you are a sick, evil bastard.
Emily (as the Dark Fae Queen) – you are a sick evil bitch.
You were both superb and I love interacting with your NPCs.

Using my first skill as a physician, dissecting the eye of the Cyclops.

Learning more from Dr. Maxwell.  Always a pleasure to get in some RP with Benjamin.
A drunk Ming-Na volunteering to help with Edwin’s learning “Bind Wounds.”  Dr. Maxwell asking me to anaesthetize him AFTER I deftly sliced his arm to the bone.  Used the Hix method, which I had observed as a priest.

Teaching others, particularly Ming-Na.

Being helpful in riddles.

When Mother Rosa was pulled through a portal, Fr. Edwin literally jumped through on her heels.  Seamus was not pleased, but Charlie and Cooper later had one of those 5 second OOG exchanges that really make one feel good for the small aspects of RP.

Rosa’s Staff

Sad farewells

Celts of all stripes.  Who listens to the advice of an almost old man?:)

Its not boasting if you can do it.

Finally having someone teach Thorin that for which he had been waiting.  I had to recognize that the teacher was there, but it was nicely done.

Playing chess as Thorin, and figuring if I play rapidly with little thought until such time as I had a lost position, that should be sufficient to differentiate me from Edwin.  “Achieved” a lost position against Oakroot, then paid serious attention and literally blasted home the point.  Nothing is quite as inspiring as a side bet with no money in one’s pocket.

Emily's book FTW.

More later

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 11 May 2009 22:57 by .
11 May 2009 21:48 - 11 May 2009 23:08 #15 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic May Event Highlights
Overall, an absolutely wonderful weekend! The highlights, in no particular order:
* playing "Independent Barbarian Woman Who is Being Self-Reliant. RP: Men are Weak." aka Drixel (Tom, thank you SOSO SO SOOOO much for drawing up that character for me! -HUGS!-) *awesome* RP with Kleiden and Elawyn, and getting to wreck Morgan in under two minutes was hot as hell. Hopefully she'll come back sometime to teach more people how to respond to the skill "Insult" -evil giggle-
* NPCing the ganking shift with some of the newer players. We had a GREAT time, from pinning Fr. Edwin down for nearly 45 minutes while he was trying to protect low-levels, to nearly wiping out the entire McBane cabin, to getting wrecked multiple times as undead (including seeing Galen go bonkers, and watching Seamus deliver a Slay Posi with foot. THIS! IS! KNIGHTREALMS!!!) Also, quote highlight:
"Will you relax? There's nothing to panic about"
*gang of undead burst through the Inn door*
"Ok, NOW it's time to panic!"

*Remi's awesome magic item. Invoke Fanfare of Victory FTW!
*Having no choice but to make very stupid decisions IG because it's what my character would do.
*Along that same note, IMPROMPTU MAIN MOD!!! watching the marshalls go: "... wait, they what? They went through the portal? Uhhh... alright. Okay. Fine. Let's roll with it." Seriously guys, that was made of win, and getting to RP sweet little Remi rushing Nightblades and swinging for five damage was just SO much fun. THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3 <3 <3
*Remi, getting a couple of PCs incredibly stoned and then giggling about it while Dr. Maxwell tried to teach her some responsibility and wound up acting as babysitter. Incredible RP, you drunkards. Mischief Managed!
*Bocci Ball. Team Cas/Keir Keith was pretty friggen win (except for the whole not winning thing.)
*Celt plot. HOLY HARDCORE AWESOMENESS. *bows down*

Also, this event in general was made of really wicked good RP. Both of my characters got a lot of great interaction with a bunch of people, and I had a seriously great time. Thanks to everyone who made it possible!

Oh, yeah, and FEAAAAAST! was so yummy. Thanks Diane + company!  ;D

Now, just a couple lowlights:

*Tromping out into the woods three times Friday night for NO reason at all. Grr!
*Going over to look at a word puzzle, figuring it out OOG, and realizing that Remi wouldn't understand it IG. SO FRUSTRATING!

And one final note:

I wanted to thank all the staff and mods that I talked to over the weekend. Every time I had a question, it was answered, and the one time I was frustrated due to miscommunication, the problem was addressed immediately and everything ran really smoothly for the rest of the weekend. Thank you so much for being patient and wonderful. Your dedication makes this game into the awesome community that it is. You are appreciated, infinitely and eternally  :D

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
Last edit: 11 May 2009 23:08 by .
11 May 2009 23:11 #16 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic May Event Highlights

Rediscovering why Edwin entered the priesthood while walking to my house at 1 AM Saturday/Sunday and running into 3 Celts and Lois Maxwell being assailed by 5 or so Lizard kin Poisoners.

There was only one Poisoner.  The others were Assassins and Warriors.  ;D

Friday:
-Meeting a keg of Celts (I'm pretty sure that's the right term).  Glad I decided to play Duncan this event.
-The Night Blade plot was fun.  Especially making Liam run screaming: "AHHH! I don't wanna get cut!"
-Fire in the McBane Statehouse.  Also, Josh and Garret: the improvised story with the guitar accompaniment was awesome.  Even if I did fall asleep before the end.

Saturday:
-Marcella's cake.
-Ming's tea house.
-Learning Chaos Blast from Dorian.  The lesson was actually remarkably compatible with Gaia's teachings.
-The ensuing bout of insanity following my first lesson in channeling chaos.
-The amazing performances and food at the feast.
-Impromptu main mod FTW.

Ganking shift:
-NPCing lizardkin.  Not only did we manage to pin Fr. Edwin down, but small groups of people kept coming to "rescue them," and the number of people in Edwin's sphere of protection steadily grew.
-Seamus delivering Slay Posi via a kick to the butt.
-After attacking Darkheart manner:
Danny G: "I was ready to go to bed.  Why did you have to do that?"
Me: "Because I can?"
Danny G: "That's my line!"
-Rhonna McBane saving the entire cabin with Wield Faith and Lay Hands.  If not for the removal of Piety, they'd all be dead.
-Vince spamming Lore: undead against the monsters in the inn.  As we were answering, he interrupted with "Doesn't matter.  You're all going to be dissipated in 5 seconds."

Sunday:
-Sleeping in!

Also, it was great to see so many new faces, as well as some old friends.  Can't wait for the next event!

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
11 May 2009 23:47 #17 by MallaidhMcSweeney (MallaidhMcSweeney)
Replied by MallaidhMcSweeney (MallaidhMcSweeney) on topic May Event Highlights

Friday:
-Meeting a keg of Celts (I'm pretty sure that's the right term). 

A "keg of Celts" is most assuredly the right term.

So, this was my first event, and I am SO glad I came. It was far better than I imagined, even after the first wave of McKraegars (+1 McSweeney) extolled the virtues of Knight Realms to us. All day I've done nothing but think about how badly I want to go back. And now on to highlights (it's so hard to choose the best stuff but here goes):

-Arriving in town, post-bandit battle, to a grand "reunion" with my clansmen and friends.
-Learning smithing skills from Gideon (you rock my socks, sir).
-Hammish hastily throwing together a wedding, then beating the crap out of Cyric, then dragging him into the inn and reviving him in time to say "I do."
-Our reading lesson with Lois Maxwell- M is for Moorgoat! Ahhh!
-Hammish and Billiam trying to figure out what the word "consummate" means- it is not, in fact, sewing a field of corn with your spouse.
-Colin giving me the talk about the birds and the bees. "When you make an axe, you have to put a handle in the axehead, right?" "Aye!"
-"How do you know when it's over?"
"Oh, you'll know. There's... a kind of explosion."
"Oh! Does anyone get hurt???"
-NPCing on Saturday night and scaring the crap out of Colin, Lily, Lois, and company. All I can say is, you're lucky Father Edwin was there.
-Screaming "They're killing the Count! Look in the windows!"
-Being a little girl with a big sword.

And lowlights:
-Getting smacked in the face. Several times. But hey, these things happen in the dark.
-Briars. Ow.
-Getting scalped in the middle of the night by lizardkin. "You've been scalped." "What the $#&%?!"

I can't wait until next event!

Mallaidh McSweeny McKraegar
Lady Smith of Travance

OOG:
Lauren Seyler
Seamstress
At the Sign of the Crooked Pin
12 May 2009 01:23 #18 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic May Event Highlights
Some things I didn't add, silly me!

-Not being picked on by Ardin AND getting to hang out more with Lathiel, good times.

-Sitting with a group of about 8 people and then realizing... they were all Khitanese. I enjoyed this immensely for some reason.

-Watching Osred perform the Celtic wedding and his amazement and curiosity over the matter afterwords... Mike Smith, I have missed you <3 Blade was pretty awesome as well, wish I got to hang out with him more.

-Cooper and Morgan as the NPC's for Celt Plot.. that was some deep stuff going on and it was wonderful

-After I turned in for the night I wake up to '5 posi, 5 posi' hearing Cameron's voice and thinking '...Is that him being an NPC?' and then hearing maniacal laughter and thinking 'Yea, totally an NPC' only to learn it was him being Galen.

Ok, I think I'm done now >_>

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Markov
12 May 2009 10:33 - 12 May 2009 19:14 #19 by Markov (wayward fox)
Replied by Markov (wayward fox) on topic May Event Highlights
Lowlights:
-OOG almost losing my cool as someone who had been repeatedly annoying me grabbed me by the collar and started tugging/choking me in order to "save" me from lizard kin. For said unnamed person, do me a favor and keep your hands off me. 
-Being unable to attend a lot of the plot on Sat because I was too low level

Highlights: For both me and my character, good RP always comes before good fighting That being said, there were some great episodes of RP that kept me grinning the entire weekend. Below are some of the major events that stuck out for Balthier.

- Acting as a voice of forgiveness and reason during most of the skirmishes and then watching that calm rational vanish when Balthier was surprise attacked by a nightblade minion to the point that while interrogating the minion's master he bit off the man's ear in rage and frustration.
- Saving the Count from decapitation while everyone outside fought with the one nightblade guard.
- Main mod and impromtu main mod as Balthier was the second to run through the giant portal to the nightblade's home base.
- Acting as a strategist and rat bastard during impromptu main mod: Balthier would stop people from killing/searching a downed bandit by telling them to keep fighting so that he could loot the body
- Great sketchy rp with Asriel and his high elf charge (missed your name man, sorry), as we searched, found and then decided what to do with the ruby mythril. How I wished one of us had the skill Fence...
- Realizing that the Count was going to do a scrying ritual for said ruby mythril and thinking to myself, "Oh crap...oh crap...oh crap... Run!"
- On our way to retrieve the ruby mythril, running into a dark faerie and trying to get her to leave us alone by making overt semi-sexual/gypsy offers. Meanwhile the clock was ticking on that ritual.
- Being ambushed by a pack of wolves, trying to spook them off with bravado and then screaming like a little sissy for help when they began to attack...and who would have guessed what sort of help would come: the dark faerie fast cast dominating each wolf. When all was said and done, in a voice like ice, she turned to look at the three of us and said something along the lines of, "You called for help and I helped you. Now you owe us a favor. We will call you in the future." I hope this develops into something later in Balthier's plot
- Comedic affect of calling treasure sense on multiple occasions (next to Alister, Gideon, while holding the bar of Ruby mythril
- Being warned by Carlos: "Don't cross the Black Orchid company unless you want a bottle of Absinthe shoved up your ass and broken."
- Receiving a hug from Gideon in full armor and while carrying his wall of a shield.
many more

-Elias L. Barkey
Last edit: 12 May 2009 19:14 by .
  • Daedri
  • Thank Yous: 1
14 May 2009 10:21 #20 by Daedri (Daedri)
Replied by Daedri (Daedri) on topic May Event Highlights
I had a blast playing a mostly naked wild man.

The first mod of the event which brought every new character into Travance was great. I think this should happen everytime there is even one new player brought into town. If the trend doesnt continue while im off in WA I will be dissapointed and will happily volunteer to make it happen when I return.

Two Main Mods; What it means to me:
-Safer less crowded mod sights
-A feeling of usefulness that can be shared by more than 'The old boys club'
-A splitting of more 'domestic' and other worldly issues.*
-Less downtime waiting for the big bad guy to show up.
-More hooks and clues needed throughout the weekend leading up to the main mods.
-More bad guys = more interaction and more intrigue.

If this trend does not continue while I am away I will be dissapointed and will happily volunteer to assist/storytell/marshall or NPC on these multiple 'Main mods'

Lowlights: Portals with level caps on them. This is silly and is a trend that should not continue. If Players choose to jump into something they cannot  and will not survive, that is why the game does not actually cause you to die.  Game rules and guidelines should be put in place to avoid physical harm and  to keep the system from being abused. Not to prevent character deaths.

That is all.

Daedri Elensar
Shipwright to the People

Craig Odell
  • Jarons20
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
14 May 2009 11:04 #21 by Jarons20 (Jarons20)
Replied by Jarons20 (Jarons20) on topic May Event Highlights

- I had so much fun playing Bocci Ball and had a great partner. Found out its in my genes, Great Grandfather was a champion player
- I had a cabin to myself until Chris got to the camp, lol, glad to have people in my cabin for the first time since I started playing KR
- Those meatballs, num num num
- I never had to call damage as Kier the whole weekend, where were all the monsters? I caught a single Lizardkin with roots
- Teaching Germinate to a young druid as it was taught to me with Colin teaching me of fauna, nice conversation btw
- Seeing Elawyn and finding out the grove may not be lost since she's back :)
- Watching to see what was up with Rosa
- OOG figuring out what Im doing with this character and what to play for Alt (still no clue)

- Jason

OOG - Jason Arons
14 May 2009 13:40 #22 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic May Event Highlights

I had so much fun playing Bocci Ball and had a great partner.

Awwww shucks, thanks Jason! Yeah, we were made of awesome. Go us!  ;D

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
14 May 2009 13:52 #23 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic May Event Highlights
And humble too, as it appears  ;D

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
14 May 2009 14:01 #24 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May Event Highlights
Self-made people who adore their makers.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Uriel
14 May 2009 17:55 #25 by Uriel (Simon)
Replied by Uriel (Simon) on topic May Event Highlights
Highlights
-Low-level final mod was awesome. Fun with Balthir and Azriel afterwards...great role-playing
-Mother Rosa, Sorel and the Demon swords
-Great seeing alot of new people, it makes it look like I've been here that much longer
-Rubious and the Rubicon...amazing...great role-playing, my new favorite Travanceian

Lowlights
-Portals with 20th level requirements...WTF?

Master Uriel Lightstone
OOG: Ryan Welsher

"Two hits, me hittin' you; you hittin' the floor..."
-Emilio Estevez, The Breakfast Club
14 May 2009 20:27 #26 by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai)
Replied by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai) on topic May Event Highlights
First off I wanted to say that everyone was amazing. This was my first KR event, and my first LARP experience so I had no idea what to expect.

Highlights:
Friday:
-Surprising a bandit with my dagger when he thought I was unarmed and ready to hand over my coins on our way into town. (thanks for making sure I got my sword back btw!)
-Baoyu's reunion with his uncle after 2 years of searching for him, and meeting the very colorful McBanes shortly thereafter.
-Getting to use blind-fight against more bandits on my first(second?) mod, unsure of its usefulness when originally deciding to take it....
-Getting captured by the second group of bandits, escaping thanks to the Khitan Physician, and carrying an unconscious Shamus(?) away from the encounter with no idea who he was at the time. The Rain adding an amazing amount of atmosphere to the entire experience.

Saturday:
-Many great scenes at the tea house during the morning; Meeting Qwan Lu and Jonas Cain, sharing our culture with different groups of celts, and watching a number of interesting parties gather.
-Solving the Cryptogram that was recovered from the Night Blade chest the night before. (Which took a solid hour since I only had half of the translation. Still great fun, lol.)
-The group retreat from lizardfolk on saturday afternoon. Ok, so we might have been able to take them, but that was more fun.
-NPCing one of the 3 ambassadors sent to assassinate the count after having Baoyu do so much to figure out the Nightblade plot.
-Alerting the rest of Cabin McBane to our skeletal attackers and battling by firelight with Collin kicking butt in red one piece pajamas. Then watching Ronna save the entire cabin with her wield faith.

Sunday
-Surviving KR

Lowlights
-Taking a boffer to the face really hard. It was bound to happen...
-ok, mainly just taking a boffer to the face.
-Midday saturday seemed a bit dry on Mods.

Overall: excellent weekend and returning in june.

OOG: -Adam C. Schaeffer
  • RailaEun
14 May 2009 21:36 #27 by RailaEun (RailaEun)

I caught a single Lizardkin with roots

Haha I believe that was me. I was caught like that by two seperate people  :D

"LOOK AT ME! I'M A GYPSY! JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE! I'M A GYPSY! NO ONE CAN HEAR ME COMING! I'M A GYPSY! JINGLE JINGLE FREAKIN' JINGLE!!"

• Jarons20
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
14 May 2009 22:53 #28 by Jarons20 (Jarons20)
Replied by Jarons20 (Jarons20) on topic May Event Highlights

Good spell, if you dont need the person dead so quickly
Still it was nice to get to throw the one spell packet the whole weekend at a lizardkin
It was cool seeing some new players really working at NPCing, need to get the older players doing that the whole weekend, ha

OOG - Jason Arons
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
15 May 2009 11:42 #29 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic May Event Highlights
Awesome weekend fantastic role play with everyone. I am so happy people are loving the tea shop ideal. Both IG and OOG. great role play in and around the shop. Ming wheat to battle this weekend and I guess because he is a big red silk dressed guy people turned to him during the attack as one of the leader's so he stepped up and with the Mc banes took down the enemy forces.

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
  • RailaEun
15 May 2009 11:50 #30 by RailaEun (RailaEun)

Good spell, if you dont need the person dead so quickly
Still it was nice to get to throw the one spell packet the whole weekend at a lizardkin
It was cool seeing some new players really working at NPCing, need to get the older players doing that the whole weekend, ha

Indeed. During my NPC shift I fought as hard as I could. It was rewarding to see everyone working up a sweat while fighting instead of hanging around the Inn all day!

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.824 seconds