September Highlights

29 Sep 2009 00:48 #31 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic September Highlights
The Good:

*Finally meeting the Yhatzis! I'd heard so much about you, and you all exceeded my expectation in both fun AND awesomeness. <3
*Feast! (Thank you Yhatzis!!)
*Casmina actually poking her head out of her angst to attempt to connect with some gypsies. I was completely surprised by it, but it made me really happy.
*Being baptized with Mikhail by Father Kwildar. Some seriously beautiful RP.
*In general, REALLY great RP this event, all around- especially over chess matches Saturday evening, including finding out that Amizar is a dirty old man, and discussing the matter thoroughly.
Remi: "But Father Edwin, I expect you to be a dirty old man. It's part of your charm!
(Tobar and Father Edwin in unison)
Tobar: He has charm?
Father Edwin: I have charm?
*The looks people give me when Remi occasionally lets out a bleat- especially Sorrel. Incredibly funny.
*So many people feeling the need to pet Remi's ears or hair. She is seriously in heaven with so much attention!
*Finally having enough money to buy psalms and healing potions! Discovering for the first time that you can spare the gold is a really incredible moment.

The Bad:
* Far too much rain and cold- though I must admit the weather made me quite grateful for Remi's furry legs.
* Low-level mods? They may have been hiding from me, but there didn't seem to be any to be found.

The Ugly:
*Camp Daddy Allen trying to take me out. My ankle, leg, and hand will hopefully be mostly healed by next weekend, but seriously. Raised, uneven cement paths in the dark = FAIL.

In other news, there is finally a single person in Travance that Remi doesn't like. Congratulations Logan! You have achieved the impossible.  :)

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
29 Sep 2009 07:58 #32 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic September Highlights
Highlights for me:
NPC stuff
Magnus living because of a cake.
Dinner Mod.

Darius stuff
Bardic lessons from several different people.
Shocking Kate after she dared to say to Darius "What ever you say will not be inappropriate"
Kate getting me back later.

Erdrick stuff
Sunday morning Demons and Erdrick seeing his old self in one of the newer members of town.

Finally to the player who came up to me wishing to learn I'm sorry if I came off totally rude but just know my reaction was all In-game and I've got nothing against you. I was sad to see you not come back and try again.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
  • Thank Yous: 0
29 Sep 2009 10:30 - 29 Sep 2009 10:35 #33 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic September Highlights
Well it SOUNDS like there was lots of coolness going on this event, but despite all my attempts at looking for adventure, this event was pretty much a bust for me (there were some cool NPC moments though).

Lowlights:

1. Not being able to leave the Inn at night

2. High-levels, guards, and Knights dominating drow plot (not that it wasn't great to see guards and knights actually doing their jobs :-P)

3. Watching everyone go off for sub-plots (dragoon, Von Ritter, etc etc) while I twidled my thumbs in the Inn

4. Everytime I FOUND a mod, being exactly 30-seconds too late for it

5. The one time I did find an encounter, they were swinging for more than my max body

6. Getting blessed by someone so I could actually participate in said fight... and then being crippled on the first blow.

7. Realizing too late that attempting "fall dress" was pointless and I should have proceeded directly to long-johns under my winter shirt and a fur vest over it.

8. Getting taken out of main mod not by a death but by being a victim of some who will remain nameless's "they're not falling down, I'll hit harder" fighting style. Full feeling has still not quite returned to my hand.

Highlights were mostly some great NPC moments:

1. Brax: "BODY BLOCK". Me a beat later: *Accidentally slips, full out faceplants in the mud*

2. Finally getting to be on the winning side/own someone as an NPC (read: Finally having attacks that WORKED). Paralyzing Touch or Blinding Darkness on someone and having them ACTUALLY be paralyzed or blinded.

3. Reading everyones feedback on being Undead At The Smith and realizing that it was going as awesomely as it seemed

4. "Are you a Drow?" "Yeah..." "19 BANE!"

5. Aleister + ??? versus me at MM:
Me: "BLINDING DARKNESS!"
Aleister: *shrug* "Ok." *looks at companion* "Blindfighting?"
*Both advance*
Aleister: "WINDWALK!"
*Both circle around behind me*
Aleister: "Ok... ready?"
Me: "This is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuck...."
Aleister: "3...2...1...."
(it sucked)

6. *upon spotting Draknar at MM* "SEND OUT THE RACE TRAITOR"
*Race traitor charges and lays down a swath of Slays*
"Oops... maybe I'll go this way instead..."

7. Blackjack! Too bad it took me so long to figure out how the scoring worked. I still came out a few silver ahead!

8. WEAPON PROFICIENCY! With my whole card (and plenty of build) now opened up to me, I am finally on my way to not being useless.

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
Last edit: 29 Sep 2009 10:35 by .
29 Sep 2009 12:40 #34 by Mother Rhonna (Rhonna)
Replied by Mother Rhonna (Rhonna) on topic September Highlights
From my standpoint the was an exceptional game for us

-Having a large chunk of the Mcbane family there made everything fun and interesting.
-Not once seeing a drow but finding out later that they saw us....creepy but awesome.
-Having just about all the action find us instead of having to always go looking for it.
-Never having my shoes on when all the crazy came to our camp. Someone comparing Rhonna to a crazy old lady standing on the porch shouting "GET OFF MY LAWN".

Friday night specificly
-getting there early, claiming our cabin just before the mad rush of people showed up, and getting to take it easy.
-telling liem about our valley girl so-real impression. ahhhhhhhhhhh sooooorreeeaaallllll....
-making kwildar blush about 30 million times.
-being woken up by creepy music box mod. steve you were super creepy and awesome.

Sat
-mushroom mod was lolz.
-sitting in a field, chanting for an hour and 40 minutes in the rain. *sigh* thats my job...
-collin punching something till it went down. lol.
-super troll mod. actually having there be enough NPC's for it to really be intimidating.
-bread bowls. it was so nice to not actualy starve.
-best feast ever.
-skipping main mod and just resting before our shift.

-sleeping in on Sunday and more get off my lawn antics.

lowlights
the usual stuff but i must say the when your npcing and all the pcs are too afraid to leave the inn but your not supposed to attack the inn and your wandering around in the dark in the rain for hours and finding no one to fight... that really sucks..

IG: Rhonna Mcbane
OOG: Dani Swinick
29 Sep 2009 13:23 #35 by Laughing Bear (Laughing Bear)
Replied by Laughing Bear (Laughing Bear) on topic September Highlights
Speaking with Thomas and Kwildar along with various others around the smith saturday night. It was effortless being my character around that crowd.  I actually became a little sad imagining npcs as real dead people.

The McBane clan on the Lich Hunt mod saturday. Stuck out till the bitter end, even as it began to rain they kept on desecrating/purifying the evil altar without blinking an eye.

Tori as Angelica was very detailed about describing the focus. I was very impressed as was Julia. She actually made the burden of that responsibility seem real and not just like another power your character can get.

Play of the game goes to Alex. T as a drow assassin on main mod.

I had just seemingly scared away Wally and decided to hide behind a tree. Alex presses a knife to my back and says "Dont move or ill kill you". I begin to grunt and he yells Assassinate! He washes his hands of me and then we both realize that he didnt catch me by suprise after warning me of his presence.

12 seconds later I was dead anyway, but it made me lol.

After that, laying in a puddle for 7 minutes getting rained on, followed by a 10 minute hold. Before someone finally picked me up.

I would like to thank anyone who NPC'd for me friday or saturday. No complaints usually means an excellent job.

And hats off to the entire game, I saw very little breaking character and almost no OOG chatter. Definately kept me in the zone.

Craig
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
29 Sep 2009 13:32 #36 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic September Highlights
Phew!  This past weekend was a beast of one, and there's lots of stuff to cover, so let's get right to it!

Friday:

-initially running into the drow and not being able to see them.  Almost ended up dying right then and there, but luckily others joined in the fight and it went smoothly from there
-meeting a new dragoon brother!  Laif (or is it Leif?  help Cam?) turned out to be so bamf.  Great RP with him and it gave me a chance to feel like a big brother IG XD
-NPCing under Cam was awesome!  Who else would give me the role of a monster after the bacon pigs of Travance?  Deadly and yummy at the same time!  Mmmm, baconnnnn....

Saturday:

-tea with Ming and company and meeting Ethan Archangel and his wife Morwen.  That was a VERY interesting meeting.  Ended up receiving an invite to be his squire and 4 Valence Spells...
-...which were shortly removed thereafter in a giant surge from my body.  During a small mod fight with some ogres and such, a new W. Mage to town went ka-boom and the rest goes something like this...

*opens ka-boom paper*  "oh this isn't so bad.  any person around you with valence spells on them lose them all and can't be the subject of other valence spells until the next period.  that's nobody here, right?"

Me: ...OH C'MON!!!

After lay-on was called, poor Misaki suffered a massive surge of valence energy leaving his body and just couldn't catch a break after that.  Broken arm, 1 BP left after being wailed on by several ogres, luckily Father Paul was there to fix me up.

-going on a mod with Ardentfyre and others to save a girl from some ogres was pretty cool.  Wishing I had invisibility as well, but oh well.  I'd rather attack an ogre head on anyways  :P  Great RP from the screaming mother, that was some intense stuff and she did an excellent job with it.  Also got to see Phoenix-form Ethan Archangel before passing out (IG) on the battlefield after the scuffle.  So.  Darn.  Cool.
-re-awakening right at the feast which was delicious!
-officially accepting Archangel's squire request!  Woohoo!  Misaki is one step closer to a personal goal XD

Epic Win Moment:
-Amulet of the Beast.  'Nuff said.

-getting to meet two Sith Lords was crazy.  And they were way powerful.  Unfortunately they showed up at the wrong time because...

Epic Fail Moment:

Yup, it would figure that not soon after returning to Travance I would have a poster up saying that if anybody from Evernight saw me their orders were to slay me on sight.  The only good things that came out of this was the intense RP with a fellow Khitanese about promising I would stay safe and not getting ganked for the rest of the event by the powerful mages sent to kill us.  Close call much?

-fighting Will O Wisps...screw it.  I didn't do a darn thing.  lol
-DRAGOON PLOT FTW!!!!!!!  Fighting Dark Sith while Sorel took his Sith test was hard, but completey rewarding.  Can't wait til I get that chance to become a Sith too  ;D
-Main Mod parts I and II, hearing after the event that I managed to take out two drow generals was a bit of an ego boost.  Sorry to all the people that accidently got hit somewhere they shouldn't have.  Darkness + people wailing on me = me trying to be as careful as I can not to strike back in bad places but rarely failing.

Sunday:

-actually convincing a person to drop their weapon and give themself in willingly!  This has got to be a first for Misaki, because usually it's just "you're not giving in?  really?  sorry, your funeral"  *hack and slash*.  It was nice to actually bring somebody in alive for a change.  On the other hand...
-Liam, you were nothing but trouble for me that Sunday  :P  First, trying to stop him after he attacked Ming Na and trying to catch him alive, but failing so much that I ended up hurting myself in the process (ps. doesn't hurt, i'm good!).  Second, him playing the demon knight was just bamf.  Never fought something that tough before.
-Being on good terms with Erdrick (hopefully) during the fight...

Liam as demon knight: "hold!  Windwalk!"

*voice from behind me*  "Windwalk!"  *something grabbing me by the shirt*

Yup, Erdrick grabbed Misaki and we both got to pursue the demon knight and hack and slash at him as soon as lay-on was called.  That was a pretty meaningful moment for Misaki being able to fight side by side with the Demon Hunter himself.  Which leads to the last highlight of the weekend...

NEW DREAM!!!: that's right, Misaki now wants to become a Demon Hunter.  Awesome.

Thanks everybody so much for an amazing weekend and I can't wait to see what'll happen a few days from now for this next event  ;D

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Let me cut to the point to get to the heart of the issue.
  • Thank Yous: 15
29 Sep 2009 13:58 #37 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic September Highlights
On a side note: Being a demon knight hurts

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
29 Sep 2009 14:05 #38 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic September Highlights

On a side note: Being a demon knight hurts

On another side note: Making Liam be a demon knight hurts me more than it hurt him.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
29 Sep 2009 14:19 #39 by Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra)
Replied by Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra) on topic September Highlights
This event was awesome! Who knew NPCing the whole weekend would be this much fun! M'kay, break down time...

-Going out as a slave soldier on friday and accidentally hitting the sergeant xD
"STOP DOING THAT!"
"I'm sorry, sergeant! *whimper*"
-Walking into the Inn as a Skeleton and just randomly attacking people... and a minute later getting demolished.
-'Shroom mod. God, I love being an old and senile gob =P
-Lizardkin trying to communicate with everyone and having a bet that we'd all die before we got help. Go figure!
-Rogue mod. Hah! I love being the one getting caught and screaming at people for accusing me when it was obvious.
-Troll mod, definitely.
-Feast was great!
-Wake up mod on Sunday.
-Mass/Demon Knight mod. Got killed quickly, but still awesome.
-Playing a random towns person sometimes.

Lowlights:
-Rain
-Cold
-Coughing up a lung and not able to breath.

Overall, fantastic event! I loved the mods. I wish the end of the week was already here just to go to the next event!

Aselra Coalbeard
-
Kyna Stormgaard

OOG:
Melissa Malave
  • Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
29 Sep 2009 15:17 #40 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic September Highlights
Ok, So 3rd event and I NPC’d the whole event for the first time – Man you get battered as a weekend NPC, not accustomed to so much combat.

Watching a guy get pinned in the doorway by the Goblin Shaman while being a wolf.

The much aforementioned Troll/Lizardkin mod with the Yhatzis Great RP done by all in that… and Smacking Paetros for giving bad information(not killing him just enough to hurt) and waving my finger with a “naughty naughty “ head shake after while he was clutching his arm.

Getting cooking advice from damn near everyone that came by while I was John the butcher on how to best flavor my meat.

Not sure who you were that did this but the guy in green makeup(not sure the race) who came running up and having the “boar” over his shoulder and acting like he put it down on the bench with the card cupped in his hand, well done sir.

The thief Mod right before feast, even though no one was really around to take anything from.

Getting TEA from Ming as a THIEF! I just cooperated and it ended up with delicious tea in my belly.

Having my girlfriend come along and really enjoy herself and really get into it despite being nervous as all hell before coming.

Lowlights:

2 groin shots – I rolled with them, it’s just starting to look like I should wear a cup lol
Rain and not having enough warm clothing.
Being so tired that I slept through main mod.

3 days till the next event. looking forward to playing Tsoli!

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
29 Sep 2009 15:54 - 29 Sep 2009 15:58 #41 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic September Highlights
Wow as I am sure many of you read already fantastic event!!

Highlights:
RP with the rest of the Khitan
Tea with many new guests
Being hunted down by" thugery" that's more then a gathering of three thugs at a time bty.  
Yhatzis Great RP
Intro town to Mings new outfit (thanks Tina!!)

Lowlights:
yes Rain!!!!
No moon meant not being able to see much of anything.
When I did get a chance to see the Drow they looked awesome. ( its here because I wish I could have seen them in better light but what I saw they looked great)
Main mod tripping in the dark wile soaked not fun lol

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
Last edit: 29 Sep 2009 15:58 by .
29 Sep 2009 21:47 #42 by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor)
Replied by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor) on topic September Highlights
Oh my God so much fun...second event and I'm still addicted.  You guys are awesome.  can't wait to do it all again in 3 days

highlights
-Ganked by trolls, then kidnapped and tourtured by drow, then ganked by lizard men...not a good night for a walk in the woods.  So fun though.

Drow tourture fest...holy crap so much fun, one of the best role playing experinces of my life, I'm surprised I can still talk I screamed so much. Everyone npcing that was AMAZING.  Wonder how long before people figure out I'm now kinda crazy (considering the company I keep it might take a while)...

Flipping out when I found out Billiumm was dead and then smacking him around when I found out he was alive.  Got to love family, even when its Billumm.

Gypsy box mod was pretty sweet, loved the guys playing the ghost.

Essencialy yelling "Get off my lawn" as goblin farmer in the giant plant mod, and seeing Billiumm and Hamish celt their way through the situation.

Getting my door kicked in by 5 dragoons and 2 sith lords while I was half dressed, getting tangled in the ball of yarn I was trying to untangle and yelling "Damn it I hate Dragoons!"  As every Dragoon and sith in Travance was standing behind me.  Fail.

All Dragoon based things that happened were awesome.

"Kill the monster, get the treasure, save the girl" I love you guys!

"Is this the pile of bounty?  Should I be in this or not?"- Me as I noticed everyone in the game with a bounty on their head was sitting in the same place, and I kept getting conflicting stories as to whether or not I should be in the pile.  Yay for being hunted!

Peatro Yatzi...I'm kind of in love with you...just saying

The Half naked Celts song, Atleast our Bard sings, even if he doesn't wake up to fight.
Lizard man after he took out our cabin: "Was their healer playing dead?"
Me"...wait...yeah she is...Zoe wake up and heal us!" 

Low Light
Not getting a chance to run back to my cabin and put on warmer clothes before Main Mod, therefore making that kind of cold and annoying, and by the time I figured out what was going on with that I was so cold and tired I didn't feel like getting ganked again in the name of honor.  But chess with the Cost Havener was fun.

Go big or go home

ooc:  Terri DePrima
29 Sep 2009 21:56 #43 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic September Highlights

Peatro Yatzi...I'm kind of in love with you...just saying

I think its official... Peatro Yatzi is the favorite Yatzi of the McKreagor Clan... even if we can't agree on the spelling of our name :-D

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
29 Sep 2009 22:12 #44 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic September Highlights

"Kill the monster, get the treasure, save the girl" I love you guys!

Yeah, we dragoons are pretty awesome people  ;)

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Thats &quot;Twice a Year&quot; McSweeney
29 Sep 2009 22:28 - 29 Sep 2009 22:45 #45 by HamishMcSweeney (HamishMcSweeney)
Replied by HamishMcSweeney (HamishMcSweeney) on topic September Highlights
Highlights
- Finding out the Mackraegors have plans to sell me off to be married. Thanks Yahtzis for giving them ideas!
- Upon hearing this, a slew of people tried to explain courtship to Hamish: it came across that he must build the biggest boat he can with nothing but fruits, 2 pints, and whats under the kilt, while on fire... Crivens!
- Showing people Hamish's counting system, and Lois snapping at the idiocy of said counting system.
- Giant Mushroom Mod: Me and Billliumm clothes-lining the giant mushroom. We won a morale victory. I apologize to those who had to see Hamish "uncensored"...
- Boar Hunt- Really fun mod.
- Fire Egg Hunt- I was hit by a wayward Incinerate, then healed only to sit up in time to be hit by another Incinerate, and i still managed to find an egg!
- HIGHLAND RAGE!!! Whee!
- Great feast, and it was a pleasure to work for the Yahtzis.
- Npc shift- I am not good with make-up. That, and the spray for the face-paint was like being licked by the Sun, but it does make your face minty fresh.
- Post-Npc burgers and cider. Boosh.

Lowlights
- "I attack the darkness!" Well, the darkness attacked back.
- New camp + terrible sense of direction= got lost... alot.
- Could get all the black face-paint off, so I had Groucho Marx eyebrows all Sundy.
- Got home only to have to go to work. Curse you, night job!

To the Wise, life is the question; To the Fool, life is the answer.

Hamish "Twice a Year" McSweeney
(OOC: Ian Penny)
Last edit: 29 Sep 2009 22:45 by .
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Sep 2009 22:51 #46 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic September Highlights
Biggest highlight - Truly amazing feast.  Glad I saved Baltazar the previous night.

High and low light:  ing between the sheets Friday/Saturday at 2 AM so I could get 6 1/2 hours sleep before helping Hix make breakfast.  Not getting 30 minutes in a row until 545.

Commenting to Steve Oros that his mod was sick and I really hate standing outiside in my nightshirt in the drizzle.

Discovering how much gray there is in the world when I teamed up with a small group of Galamachians to fight Trolls and undead to save townspeople, then having to kill one of them the next day.

I took a group of varied levels, from under ten to over 60.  Our two trackers totaled under 20, while Jon G, Judge, and a few others were at the other end of the scale.  There was something for everyone.  The NPCs were excellent.  It was worth missing tea with Ming Na.

Teaching others various lores and skills is always a favorite with me.

Speaking with Silent Bird before introducing her to Angelica.about the focus.

Being at the Inn and no one saying a word about the action to take place against the Drow.

Nice meeting Dave, who played a pirate

Gene and JimBob FTW because they do a great job on the grill.

LUIC CACE - get back and run the kitchen.  Took three of us in combo to do it.

More later because I am in pain due to a shot in the ribs.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
29 Sep 2009 23:37 #47 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic September Highlights
First, the not so fun:

*Not having the super Galen Cloak of Win, the rain started to get to me after a while, mostly after laying down in the wet grass saturday afternoon.
*Not anticipating how cold it was going to be at night the first night and not getting my proper cold weather gear on as a result.  I was nice and toasty the next night, however.
*Losing my voice worse than I've ever done before at KR.

Now, the awesome:

*Coming in for the first time as Leif and having a blast.  Thank you so much to everyone I played with, especially Leif's new adopted Battle Brothers and Sisters.  It was so much fun coming in and playing someone so very different from Galen and everyone's various reactions, old and new.  I could probably make a list of specific examples, but I'd really feel bad because I've been so absent minded lately that I'd probably leave something out.
*Making a newb mistake because I came in as a newb and going out at night when I knew Drow were around.  Galen would have never gone more than 20 feet from the Inn without serious backup, but Leif did and got captured.  The subsequent interrogation was great, even though it did lead to me losing my voice.
*Diving into combat and having a blast on the front lines.
*Feast was extremely tasty, and eating the first bits with my hands was quite tasty and fun.
*Everyone who helped me out with my first monster marshal shift, NPCs and Staff, were awesome, thank you so much.

And I'm already worked up for the next event.  This should be cool.

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
30 Sep 2009 00:59 #48 by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai)
Replied by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai) on topic September Highlights
For those who didn't know i was around I was drow number 3 or the drow with the swashbuckling hat among other things. My highlights are all from the NPC side of things....

Highlights:
-Immediately arriving at logistics and being asked to "black up" - thanks Sam!
-lurking on the path between Brazens Hall and Pendarvin on friday and waiting for likely targets. We were there a LONG time so if you felt like you were being watched, you were!
-Capturing 10 PC's and portaling them back to NPC land for subsequent interrogations. I still don't know what we were actually trying to find but what the heck we'll interrogate you anyways! Excellent Rp from the captured players btw, very believable tears :)
-Convincing Ogres to hand over their dead victims -> billiam and friends on friday night
-Getting to sleep in saturday though i was awaken by Yhatzi's and trolls in NPC land? I actually did not understand what either side was saying....
-Watching Collin Mcbane transform into a bear to kill trolls.
-Everthing about the firedrake mod was amazing, chasing the lower level PC's with spells was very entertaining. sorry hammish for hitting you with that incenerate XD
-Playing will-o-wisps before main mod. It was an uber KR graveyard psychodelic rave party

Main Mod:
-Getting picked to play the Dark Elf General at main mod. I definitely didn't expect to play the same thing again.
-getting lost on the way to main mod site and telling jokes in the woods!  XD
-Yelling something dramatic about "nooses"
-Bantering with the PC's during the fight was alot of fun and calling out Drak'nar as being a traitor to the drow; only to have him start "slay"ing everything.
-using Flee to escape from Solomon twice. I took about 1/3 of my Body in damage from him alone. Scary business.
-calling "Strength of the Samurai" and hearing PC's get worried.
-Seeing Count Winterdark in action at the end of main mod.

OOG: -Adam C. Schaeffer
  • Hiro
  • i am the sleeping wild mage
30 Sep 2009 08:41 #49 by Hiro (Hiro)
Replied by Hiro (Hiro) on topic September Highlights
ok so my first event in like a year and i npced the whole thing but it was amazing

First off can still barely lift my arms

ok highlights

-turtle shell defence is boss
-The lizardkin/troll/ogre war mini was best even better when we got the yhatzi's invovlved watching that all the while trying to instigate a fight with on of the trolls than as they wander away in search of a bigger snacks just over the hill playing rear gaurd as we slowly made our way away just to run into kobolds and than have the trolls come back and running to go get help from the town cause the helped us
-feast was amazing
-running pc's ragged trying to catch my air elemental
-playing a 40body rat samuri thingy and lasting so long that the others left me out in town by myself
-late late night/early early morning demonish mod sending a single demon in to fight sam's pc just to have him run inside and get reenforcements than going back in full force skirting edge of battle to make a mad dash at people on porch to run into 3 different walls/barriers and a swift death that follows

ok thats all for now hope to be back this weekend

IG: Hiro Makaza Zero

戦争は残酷である。 それを改良することを試みる使用がない。 それがより残酷なら、やがて終わる

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
OOG:Chris N
  • Hiro
  • i am the sleeping wild mage
30 Sep 2009 09:01 #50 by Hiro (Hiro)
Replied by Hiro (Hiro) on topic September Highlights
oooo 2 i forgot

1st one friday night playing a drow slave sargent trying to get into cabin warning the 2 peasants in it that we would burn it down on a 5 count only to realize that no1 in the group of slaves knew how to count past 1

and lastly but by far the most accomplished me and a group of for slave gaurds escorting a messenger to some1 seeing a large group of towns members so we split the group up 2 strongest holding off the main group while the messenger and the 2 undergaurds continue on after getting killed we respawn come upon the 2 lower guards captured by the town and play like we part of town to find out where the messenger went and as we leave we hear "wait are thay part of the town get them " and we promptly run off i find the messenger after the other gaurd with me realizes he cant keep up and sacrifices himself to get the letter threw.  Got the letter threw and resent out to make sure the town gets the letter so we walk into the inn and tell again sams pc not sure which one at time and ella rae saying we arent allowed to open this letter but maybe u are they open it and my guard getting nervous after like 20 mins of waiting and another 10 of wait for the lady to make up her mind what to do about it i try and kill the messenger (played wonderfully by harlee) and myself fail get caught healed and than finally killed after a somewhat lack luster attemp at defending my actions than watching harlee get offered town protection only to accept it if she could live with a dark elf in town

IG: Hiro Makaza Zero

戦争は残酷である。 それを改良することを試みる使用がない。 それがより残酷なら、やがて終わる

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
OOG:Chris N
30 Sep 2009 17:35 - 30 Sep 2009 18:13 #51 by The Bastard (The Bastard)
Replied by The Bastard (The Bastard) on topic September Highlights
So this was my first event, and I was an NPC the whole time. It was a blast!

A few low-lights first:
-Not getting to see an Ooze NPC get to try to eat anyone.
-Nadi becoming a victim of the darkness...twice...
-Being unfamiliar with the camp especially if I had to take a non-main road trail
-No toilet paper...mental note, bring my own next time...

Friday:
-Getting there and recognizing a lot of people because of their avatars and pictures on the web site, but no one having a clue who I was :-)
-NPC'ing the first mod with the drow and drow slaves. I surprised myself that I did so well in combat, as well as the game's system. Simple, yet fun!
-Waiting for the PCs to get to the first mod, all the while listening to screams from the cabin to my right (torturers), shouting and threats to the cabin to my left (the peasants who locked themselves in and the slaves trying to get in), and witty banter from amongst our own squadron.
-My first blow came from an ally, who broke my left arm! Well, it was dark afterall...
-Getting killed a few times and waiting OOG. I wondered if the fight was over, but every now and then I'd hear a high-pitched "3 damage! 3 damage!" and knew that one of the girl slaves was still alive. Ha!
-Fighting with Gentleman Jas. Always a hoot, and certainly always a pleasure!
-Dan in his crazy "The Penguin" mask
-NPC'ing until the sun came up, quite literally, including a raid at 6:05, so everyone got their tag skills back.

Saturday:
-Waking up to the Yahtzi's outside outside our cabin with ogres and trolls rp-ing. It was hilariously awesome.
-Being a troll and giving some PCs a run for their money. That is, until Josh (as Collin) came out of a building yelling, then turning into a bear...Damn.
-Being a hook, but actually getting a LOT of people to follow me. Seriously, half the inn emptied just because a farm-hand got roughed up while collecting firewood. It was an awesome sight to see!
-The Troll/Ogre mod with the little girl trapped in the crates was by far my favorite mod. Great RP and IG battles. We gave you guys a good show and a good challenge, and I could feel the tension, even as an NPC. I think my favorite part was my first swing being a Break Shield, it connecting, and the PC sighing, tossing it aside, saying, "Aw nuts!"
-The feast was amazing! I grabbed a random seat, and ended up with the McBanes, a Yahtzi, and Kwildar. good times!
-Jenna as the "Goldilocks Revenant"
-Crazy Will-O-The-Wisp techno rave. It was fun, except I think Lethias (was that who it was?) needs to learn how to use a net properly ^_^ Plus, it's easy to be a monster who has two skills: Dodge and Lightning bolt!
-Main Mod. A little too dark for my tastes, especially since us dark elves can see in the dark. Oh well, it was fun!
-Jenna (as a dark elf) calling out Drak'nar, egging him on and us joining in. Then him rushing from his allies and straight into our cloister, slaying left and right (I was the first victim. It was harsh!)
-Hearing Adam as the dark elf general shouting tactics from the battlefield, only to end with a loud "FLEE!" Priceless
-After one last mod, everyone hanging out at Logistics cleaning and chatting
-Hearing Adam (my cabin mate for the weekend) shout "30 damage!" in his sleep. No, really.

It was super-awesome, everyone, and I'll be coming back, don't you worry! Unfortunately, that may have to wait until December, but I'll have plenty of time and money to work out my first character.

Thanks again, everyone! I loved NPC-ing with everyone, and I hope to see you all again soon! Even better, I hope to remember all of your names :-D

"Justice denied anywhere diminishes Justice everywhere"-MLK Jr.

(OOG: Tim Hale)

"Justice is the bread of any nation; it is always hungry for it." - François R. Chateaubriand
Last edit: 30 Sep 2009 18:13 by .
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
30 Sep 2009 20:30 #52 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic September Highlights

-Jenna as the "Goldilocks Revenant"

^ This

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
01 Oct 2009 21:54 #53 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic September Highlights
Highlight/Lowlight: Ambrose got downed so many times it wasn't even countable, but out of stuff completely out of my control, i'm talking like getting slayed, or someone coming in and killing me in my sleep. <both of those did happen, along with a lot of other times, I mean A LOT! I at least got downed 8 times a day.... but it was so funny after a while it became a highlight XD

highlights:

1.) chilling with wolfgar, and morgan and a few others during main mod at their cabin, pretty funny time.

2.) having random goblins come and knock at our door when I was chilling with them? then having one of the goblins try and waylay Wolfgar and get away with it? No sir, that was a fail..... EPIC FAIL!

3.) NPCing as a spider n having a full mob follow us for seriously 1/2 an hour n thinking to myself "oh shit we're gonna die, oh shit we're gonna die" then making it to the inside on the Inn and without anyone even touching us someone calls out "mass disinigrate"..... very very anti-climatic... but soo funny.

Lowlights"

1.) Getting waylayed and searched.... Scratch that.... getting waylayed and searched by a guy I helped escourt back to their cabins...

2.) Asguard drama...

3.) rain....

4.) cold.....

Note to self: bring lots of more clothes, blankets, and order a robe for December event.

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
01 Oct 2009 22:10 #54 by Linneth_Nalleme (Linneth_Nalleme)
Replied by Linneth_Nalleme (Linneth_Nalleme) on topic Event highlights

2.) having random goblins come and knock at our door when I was chilling with them? then having one of the goblins try and waylay Wolfgar and get away with it? No sir, that was a fail..... EPIC FAIL!

That was me and Gus and it was AWESOME!!! I also got Uncle Grizzle too I think. hehehehe It was so funny, I was peeking around the corner WAITING for wolfgar to come out far enough where the door wasn't at his back and when I got him I RAN around the back of the cabin. I was peeking in the windows watching ya'll go in and out of the cabin then around to the other side to get out another waylay. Then heard ya'll kill Gus' goblin. "I think there's another one..." yet no one came looking for me. HAHAH. It was small, but awesome; I love those rolls.

OOG: Grace Borum
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.726 seconds