May 2010 Highlights

• tarn
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 Jun 2010 15:58 #61 by tarn (tarn)
Replied by tarn (tarn) on topic May 2010 Highlights
Well that was, in my opinion, uncalled for Erim. After reading all these posts back and forth I can see both sides and my best advice for Andy is this: well if that is how the game works just remember that revenge is the best medicine. lol I would suggest that (in game of course) you find a way to get just that! Remember that you are a barbarian and there are other barbarians who would have your back. Heck, this could get fun....lol

And again Erim sarcasm was not nessesary.

Tarn Wildheart

OOG: Eric Parker
  • Rannick
  • By the Sword - Live and Die
12 Jun 2010 12:00 #62 by Rannick (Rannick)
Replied by Rannick (Rannick) on topic May 2010 Highlights
... wow.  Thanks, Eric.  I appreciate that a lot.

I try to end it on good feelings by wishing everyone a good event, and I get this?  I always find it odd when someone "doesn't care" about something so much that they write about it on a public forum.

But I say again - because it really seems to be hard for everyone to understand - it's not about how the game works.  I don't like PvP, and apparently neither does Geoff, nor do a number of people who sent me private messages, but its presence in the game is not my gripe: I said, "Any player who gets his jollies by stepping all over sleepy lower-levels is not worth playing with - whether doing so is 'by the rules' or not."  It is about the quality and actions of certain players.

In spite of their quality and actions, though, I did have a great deal of fun in May, thanks to the quality and actions of the VAST majority of the players and staff I interacted with - I'd like to point out once again that I put down a lot more "highlights" than "lowlights."  One bad experience was not enough to ruin the event or the game for me.  It was upsetting enough that I wanted my opinion of it out in the open, but not enough to make me leave.

--R--
--Andy--

Those who draw a line between the soldier and the scholar will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools.
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Youve not even begun to taste my might!
  • Thank Yous: 30
12 Jun 2010 13:56 #63 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Replied by McDermitt (Matt Quagz) on topic May 2010 Highlights

Sir Slack McDermitt the Boar
Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis
Master of the Mages' Guild

oog-Matt Q
  • JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
12 Jun 2010 19:45 - 12 Jun 2010 19:48 #64 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic May 2010 Highlights
Guys, this was asked to be taken to the event recap forms.  This is not the place for any of those comments at all, from Erin onward to Quaqzs.  Please take this elsewhere, this does not belong on the event highlights.

OOG: Jo
Last edit: 12 Jun 2010 19:48 by .
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
13 Jun 2010 19:23 #65 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic May 2010 Highlights
At Joe's request, I am locking this thread.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
13 Jun 2010 22:41 #66 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic May 2010 Highlights
This topic is locked, and so there will be no more replies. However I want to state a few things for the record.

I do not think that there is anything wrong with Andy's strong dislike of PVP. While not everyone may feel as strongly about it and or at least be as verbal about it as he has, it is entirely natural for one to carry opinions similar to his.

I dont agree one bit, with the way some of these negative responses came out. Im sure they were just being defensive about a game they love, but nevertheless, they should not have been posted on my boards. People should be very careful to restrain themselves from bringing any rude or otherwise negative comments to others on these boards. If I was home during these posts, I probably would have removed them.

The right to player kill, exists at this game, despite my own personal and strong dislike of it. I have already posted my in depth stance on it here: www.knightrealms.com/policies-statements/273-pvp.html

Geoff is right that PVP is currently working as intended at Knight Realms, in that it is allowed, but player killing is discouraged through multiple means, in order to keep it as minimal as possible, although it does happen on occasion.

Im very sorry to anyone who has been negatively effected directly or indirectly during this debate over pvp. It is sometimes a heated topic, but we should always, always remain civil to each other and respect each others opinions and concerns. I apologize that this has not happened in this case.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds