July 2010 Highlights

• Brother Bear
  • Gra, Dilseacht, Cairdeas
  • Thank Yous: 0
27 Jul 2010 13:42 #31 by Brother Bear (runebound)
Replied by Brother Bear (runebound) on topic July 2010 Highlights
Highlights

+Being there! and seeing everyone. KR is like one big dysfunctional family that has a reunion ounce a month. I definitely play the part of the cousin who only shows up to random family events. Now that things are looking up! I most assuredly will be there more often!

+Bring my Awesome friends! The twins. Kate(feign), Rachael (Dahlia) and watching them have a good time.
+Getting to see all the McBane boys.It was awesome seeing how they have have grown in and out of game<3
+Chilling,Eating and, smoking hookah with the Yhatzi's in Kaladonia made for the most stress free weekend I have had for a while.This is Both In and out of character.
+Traded collard work shirts for no shirts.And argyle socks for bare feet and  Running in the woods with no shoes,slacks for kilt and computers for MAUL! sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.
+It was amazing to see  Adam run a Larp plot. After playing in his epic D&D game for years. I Thought him and Liz did an amazing job. I look forward. For more Adam Plots in the future.
+Oakroot casts jump to rescue people. Then I cast jump to end up right next to him. While in the hold every says "hear comes papa bear ";D
+Getting to take part in my first clergy meeting.
+Teaching is always fun for me!
+The Tellinghast crew is doing an awesome job with the Hibernians  plot. As a lover of all thing Celtic in nature. I look forward to learning more.
+ Seeing the game grow and expand Has been so awesome. It made me feel good that new people will be experiencing all the cool stuff I have.

With great love and respect
                                                                           And respect to all the weekend warriors
                                                                                          Josh Yoder

Brother Collin McBane
Elder of clan McBane
Cleric of Gaia and preserver of life
Druid and guardian of Arawyn

IG:Josh Yoder
  • Brother Bear
  • Gra, Dilseacht, Cairdeas
27 Jul 2010 13:51 #32 by Brother Bear (runebound)
Replied by Brother Bear (runebound) on topic July 2010 Highlights
One more thing
Toravisu Paralyzing strikes an NPC. Looks at him for a second and then says "unforgivable".
Travis you a BAMF just thought you should know.

Brother Collin McBane
Elder of clan McBane
Cleric of Gaia and preserver of life
Druid and guardian of Arawyn

IG:Josh Yoder
  • Michael P
27 Jul 2010 16:29 #33 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic July 2010 Highlights
Event Highlights -

+ Shannons portrayal of a gypsy.  The story that went along with her hit so close to home for Paetros that the character was willing to accept death if it helped her out.  When she died, Paetros was sort of broken... however it did make one of his biggest life decisions a very simple one.

+Family time.  Most people couldn't imagine the interactions the romani have with one another when the Gadje are not around.  Makes for fantastic character growth and RP.

+Shisha, food, and company.  While it's great to save the world, sometimes role playing and interacting around a shisha pipe with tea is all you need to make a weekend.

+ Superstitious Romani staying in the same cabin with a Sylph = circles of salt, bread with honey, lots of wary eyes, and uncomfortable conversations.  

+ Amused watching people treat me as if I were made out of glass and needed to be protected all the time.

+ Well designed plot.  I enjoyed watching it unfurl slowly over the weekend.  I even had more fun taking sections of it and handing it off to other people to run with.

+ Lightning storm.  Nature working for dramatic effects during a plot is always a huge plus.

+ Having the following interaction :

"Player: Paetros, this is serious... this is not a time for jokes!

Response: 'Two family members died, some of my ancestors gave into the demonic ways, and each and every demon I see this weekend tells me that I am destined to be like them.  I am about to go off with the plan of myself and my family dieing to curse these things if nothing else works...  If I do not focus on the good things in life, I begin to wonder why I bother living.' 

Player: Oh.  Um... go have a drink"

AND...

"Paetros, you really shouldn't taunt that thing..."
"Why not?  When they get angry they make mistakes... like chasing... me... into... the... woods... (said while running away and dodging angrily thrown spell packets).

+ The portal being opened pre-main mod.  I love watching fantastic RP, and the scene set made me smile as an ST and a player.

+Hearing about things going on that I had nothing to do with.  When you read other peoples 'good memories' and you wonder 'what game where they at??!!' it means there is a ton going on... and if people will just take a risk and go, they can be involved in it.

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
  • RashaVonMorrgan
  • &quot;Do you have to attatch the word Mookly to it?&quot;
27 Jul 2010 17:05 #34 by RashaVonMorrgan (RashaVonMorgan)
Replied by RashaVonMorrgan (RashaVonMorgan) on topic July 2010 Highlights
Highlights:
-Hookah bar with Paetros, Solomon, Maylc, Zahir and all the others that came in and out during the night.
-Paetros's super strong smelling Shisha! Thanks so much for sharing it <3

- Group: "OMG TOBAR IS DEAD!" *wail*
Magnus, Solomon and myself: Monsters dead? Yup all killingblown. Okay cool lets go back to the cabin.
Group: *still weeping over Tobar*

-Battle above was fun, I ran into one of those benches though and got a nice bruise from it haha
-A troll trying to attack through the tent if the hookah bar lol nice try buddy :)
-Rasha getting to interact with more people and get to know them better.
-Seeing green lights in the distance, Ilona, her sister, Brogan, Solomon, Tobar? Magnus and myself staring and watching them move through the woods..

Lowlights:
-OMGHEATWAVE
-Having to leave on saturday and not getting back till the next day D;
-Magnus having a heat stroke. Wasn't there for it, but also wasn't happy about it when I was told about it when I came to pick him and the goblin up haha
-Missing main mod and Shannon's gypsy

Larry.

Ch1: Rasha Von Morrgan
Ch2: Oska Menos

Obbit?

(OOG: Hazel Hosler)
27 Jul 2010 22:29 #35 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic July 2010 Highlights
I thoroughly enjoyed my second event, despite the heat, which I didn't think was as bad as everyone was saying.  Although that could be due to me wandering about in naught but a kilt and vest over a muscleshirt.  Anyway, on to the highlights!

-Bringing one of my best friends OOG into the game and everyone making him feel extremely welcome.  Thanks guys and gals, Bran's cousin Seamus (as said in Charlie's highlights, the new one not the crazy one) shall be staying in Travance with Bran, and he's excited to be here.

-LARRY!

-Like a lady!!!

-Bran and Hamish hunting for ogres while dressed as pretty ladies.  Even though it got hot wearing the gypsy clothing, the looks on everyone's faces made it all worthwhile.

-Meeting Rion (sp?) and his family, then promptly being adopted along with Seamus.  You guys are a great bunch of players and are fun to rp and spar with.

-The food!!!  From meat mod (steakon and goblin burgers mmmm...), to the potlucks Seamus and I attended in Pendarvin and Kaledonia, to feast, there was a lot of delicious food about and i was glad to help feed and be fed.  And to all those who didn't get a chance to try my MacInnes brownies and highland cream cheesecake, don't worry, I'll be bringing more next event.

-The fun had by all hanging out smoking hookah, be it with Zahir the Hookahmancer or in Kaledonia with Paetros and his wonderful shisha blends, there's always something very special about sitting around the hookah rp'ing and generally having a great time.

-Drinking games in the inn.  I lost count of how many bottles we went through, but it was a wonderful bit of silliness that kept everyone involved well-hydrated.  That's a win-win scenario to me.

-Impromptu decision to join the drum and dance circle.  I had a great time, and even if my style of dance is a mite unorthodox, people seemed to like it.

-Having some of my quotes make the highlights of others, namely the ones regarding new Seamus vs. crazy Seamus, and the cursing of someone who slept more than me with death in a carriage fire that would result in me getting a baked potato.

Lowlights:

-It ended.  Whenever the event ends, I always feel like I want to keep it going, even though real life calls.

-My sword breaking during main mod.  Thankfully I was able to grab a spare, but it's always sucky when a sword breaks.

-No sleep.  Even though I'm used to running on little sleep, not sleeping at all still plays merry hob with my system.

All in all, a most enjoyable event.  I didn't hear many people complaining about things other than the heat and weather, which to me, is a good thing.  Kudos to those running the event and to everyone I had fun interacting with or who fed me.  

Lastly, a HUGE thank you to the kitchen staff who, throughout the event kept everyone hydrated as well as possible, put up with our rowdy shenanigans, fed us, cleaned up after us, and were generally made of win and cookies.  Thank you all.

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
27 Jul 2010 23:10 #36 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic July 2010 Highlights
Well, this was my first event, as Bran just stated. But, either way...

Highlights:

+ Newbie mod first thing after Lay on was rather enjoyable. Being one of the few fighters in the group (along with Rion and Trevor, and probably a couple others I am forgetting), especially one with a shield and armor, made me feel rather important.

+ The conclusion of said newbie mod the next day and the awesome RP/scenario that relates to it.

+ The potluck meal friday evening, despite almost being killed by true warlocks and a band of werewolves, thus delaying the meal FOUR HOURS past the originally intended time.

+ Killing one of said werewolves, for interrupting dinner and causing the unattended fire to die, as a level 1 warrior, despit being outnumbered.

+ The drinking game at the Inn on saturday. Especially when Ming Na brought in his "captured ice elementals".

+ Feast in general... So much better than ANY Amtgard feast I've ever been to.

+ Being the "best doorstop ever according to Colin MacBane, denying NPCs access to our cabin by being passed out with feet blocking the door.

+ Being adopted into Rion's family.

+ Bran and I's Dermott stories.

+ Paetros introducing me to the gypsy custom of "recovering lost goods after night of great battle" (That's Graverobbing to you and me folks.)

+ Kaledonia potluck breakfast. Enough said....

Lowlights:

- The heat, really, that's all I can think of. I am terribly pleased with how everything this weekend went. Best weekend of LARPing I've ever had.

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
28 Jul 2010 09:08 #37 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic July 2010 Highlights

Lastly, a HUGE thank you to the kitchen staff who, throughout the event kept everyone hydrated as well as possible, put up with our rowdy shenanigans, fed us, cleaned up after us, and were generally made of win and cookies.  Thank you all.

This deserves some reiteration.  The folks who man our kitchen throughout the weekend.  You guys are a true highlight for me.  You are definitely 'made of win'.  I'm not sure of the 'cookies' part.  They're evil, as Kwildar will attest. ;-)

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
28 Jul 2010 09:54 #38 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic July 2010 Highlights
Playing Osred for the entire weekend, and only being asked to go OOC for an hour three times to do research... and one of those times the storyteller let me off easy since there was nothing to find out, and no since sitting OOC for an hour to find out nothing (I've done that before)

The Friday Night Mod... definitely Michael Smith wanted the jump in there, but Osred wouldn't let him.  
Talking with Pesmerga... always interesting.  Afterwards, someone said, "Who was that?" I replied "Pesmerga" they, astonished exclaimed "And you were talking to him?"  To which Osred stated "It is important to get the story from all sides in order to determine what the truth is."

I think Radu had asked Osred something like "Aren't you afraid you're going to die?"
Osred: "I'm not afraid of Death, I cannot die, I will live forever in the Great Story."

Talking to Sister Celestine
"Osred, you have no position with me anymore."
"Sister Celestine, if I could ask one favor then.  Say good bye to me."
Sister Celestine turns and walks away with out saying a word.
The Baron sees me just seconds after.
"Osred are you alright?"
With hesitent voice, "Yes, I am"
"Osred, I've seen that look on men's faces before.  The look of having to bear witness to terrible things that no man should ever see."
Osred the master of his emotions? "I am.. fine."

Talking to Arden about the role of Chroniclers:
Arden "That's not what we are suppose to do, we're supposed to help people."
Osred "No, we're not.  We are suppose to observe and chronicle, not interfere."

Awesome expert identification session... spent the entire hour actually getting information, not an hour out of character to get 5 minutes worth of info!! Kudos James!!

Just had a great time this event!!  I'll see everyone again in September!

-OOG Michael Smith
28 Jul 2010 12:03 #39 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic July 2010 Highlights

Arden "That's not what we are suppose to do, we're supposed to help people."
Osred "No, we're not.  We are suppose to observe and chronicle, not interfere."

Yep. Something like that. Ilana still thinks Osred's the best though even if she can't be half as neutral as he is

My highlight was being told the short version of Friday night:
"7 Demons, 2 Arch-Devils, 2 True Warlocks, and a Pesmerga in a Pear Tree"

Only need to wait out one month. August event is the weekend I'm moving back >< It pains me

Why throw all the demons out when I'm not there! Sounds like it was a blast. Good job everyone!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
28 Jul 2010 14:51 #40 by Father Zahir al Nawar (Zahir)
Replied by Father Zahir al Nawar (Zahir) on topic July 2010 Highlights
Well first off its great being back. Thanks to everyone who made me feel welcomed back.

Highlights:
I love Malyc! There I said it, you wanna fight about it?!?
Awesome rp with EVERYONE who wound up in the Hookah tent. Much fun.
Spiritual talk with the Baron & the light Clergy. Man did I feel awkward but it rocked.
Being with old & new friends and enjoying their company IG & OOG.
1st Brazen Mass. I think it was good but I swear I saw some folks nodding off. Just like real church!!
Larry Brew!!!
Thrusting my lightning sword into the air and an immediate lightning flash happens. Followed by Seamus & Orion trying to get me to NOT do that again so we don't get struck.

See you all next month.

Father Zahir ibn Hatim al Nawar
Priest of Brazen

oog: Chris Ayala;
Monster Marshall
28 Jul 2010 19:52 #41 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic July 2010 Highlights
Friday: Pre-event

Meeting a bunch of new people before the event and getting to know them OOG.

Help two lost souls get around the camp.

Lay On:

Making a pact with both Peatros and Luna to protect a mage lacking in memories, and being cursed if I failed.

Hanging out at the inn, then seeing devil.

Forming a shield wall with Wolfgar against said devils.

Screaming retreat after said devils walked WAY too close.

Asking Magnus to train me as a witch hunter, and pondering how to answer his question for two days.

Saturday:

Being woken up by a horde of demons and fighting them off in nothing but a wifebeater and briefs.

Getting dressed, then serving drinks at the bar.

The drinking games in the Inn.
  Travantian Drinking Game
      Rule 1: If you get hit, take a drink.
      Rule 2: If you die, take a drink.
      Rule 3: If you take a drink, take a drink!

Going out and protecting the "Littlest Ranger" as she gathered blueberries.

Feast!

Main Mod:

Being a flaming pile of pissed off (aka Infernus) for Main Mod

Recycling like 8 times. Exhausting, but so fun.

Sleeping at midnight on the dot

Sunday: NPC Shift

Sleeping in till 9:30.

hualling a** to get to my shift.

Seeing Chris's dancing.

RP'ing sick lizard kin, and having a great RP with Diane on how to be a druid.

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
28 Jul 2010 20:40 #42 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic July 2010 Highlights
THANK YOU CHRIS FOR BRINGING ENSLAVED ICE ELEMENTAL!!!

I loathe the heat, and it helped me survive the weekend.

Thank you everyone who returned bottles, refilled them and passed them out all weekend.  In the heat, this was really important to keep up - keeping everyone hydrated.

Thanks to all volunteers who helped create, set up, serve, and most of all, clean up feast. 
We had everything cleaned in less than an hour - even in the heat.

I was astounded at the natural special effects and lighting for Main Mod - I could tell the bad guys from my allies.  I was actually able to shoot a lot of arrows at folks.

berry picking with the littlest Ranger was fun - teaching her how to find berries on the bushes was a lot of fun.

The Sunday RP with the lizard kin was great - and their willingness to have one of their members learn to be a druid, and actually going through the RP of teaching him. . . was the highlight of me weekend.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
29 Jul 2010 06:09 #43 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic July 2010 Highlights
An awesome first event for me, thanks adam for putting me in a good position and thanks Wally for your help saturday. Sorry i couldn't stay

Lowlights
Almost spraining my ankle after the power outage on friday
having to leave saturday before feast
alone in my cabin in npc land.
not having a fleshed out npcer.

Highlights
Hookah - I am actually buying my own now. rp around that was enjoyable
KR coffee, best ever I have tasted
rping with shamus, hamish and so on. All those whom I rped with were awesome.
the game, saturday morning. Clearing the whole side of the inn, then getting waylaid and insta-killed. My corpse got gutted and then thrown over the railing by hamish after 2 deaths ingame. Then finally morphing back into Robyn.
friday night game....father edwin getting his token stuck on the game accidently and leaving abruptly.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Jul 2010 17:01 - 29 Jul 2010 19:56 #44 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July 2010 Highlights
For what it is worth, Martin, the coffee is Berkely & Jensen's (the BJ club) Kona blend and is only $17 for 1.1 kilos.  It is the standard I purchase for KR.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 29 Jul 2010 19:56 by .
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
31 Jul 2010 01:23 #45 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic July 2010 Highlights

This deserves some reiteration.  The folks who man our kitchen throughout the weekend.  You guys are a true highlight for me.  You are definitely 'made of win'.  I'm not sure of the 'cookies' part.  They're evil, as Kwildar will attest. ;-)

Hahaha as me being one of them I just loved the RP aspect of a goblin serving you rather than the usual crowd xP Though I did get stuck in the kitchen most of the event made the heat outside seem like a spring day. All in all it was awesome fun.

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
31 Jul 2010 13:41 #46 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic July 2010 Highlights
Aye, agreed. That kitchen was an instant heat stroke.

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
01 Aug 2010 16:52 #47 by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai)
Replied by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai) on topic July 2010 Highlights

Aye, agreed. That kitchen was an instant heat stroke.

Don't you mean Speed Cast, Perfect Aim Heatstroke?

OOG: -Adam C. Schaeffer
01 Aug 2010 18:45 #48 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic July 2010 Highlights

Don't you mean Speed Cast, Perfect Aim, Double Power Heatstroke?

Fixed.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
02 Aug 2010 12:42 #49 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic July 2010 Highlights
try cooking bacon in the kitchen with your armor on... then talk to me about heatstroke.

>.> lol...

then again the cooking staff were troopers as well, and did spend more time in there than I did, though not in armor.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
07 Aug 2010 01:22 #50 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic July 2010 Highlights
THE ENTIRE WEEKEND WAS AWESOME!!!
LIZ, ADAM AND GARRETT, YOU GUYS DID SPECTACULAR AND I HAD A BLAST BEING THE MAIN PAWN IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS!!!

As for highlights, well I full-time NPC but let's see...

*Number one and I mean number one had to be James laying in the fire pit just before main mod and talking on the phone with someone's MOM!!!!
*Being the annoying little imp with the dire pets. Sorry to all the gypsies lol.
*Summoning the hellfire crystal, not once but 3 times (armory, kaladonia, drega'mire)
*As for the summoning of the hellfire crystal in Drega'mire (btw everyone was pissed about that lol) I would like to apologize to Vince for not know which cabin he was in and attempting to send my minions in after them. As for part of the rumor after hearing Vince yell "You just f@#$ing told me to go to sleep" I had told one of the demons to leave that building alone. The demon walks away and I hear "It's actually leaving" which Vince responds "Your damn right he is I want to go to bed!" again sorry buddy didn't mean to wake you.
*Seamus DelDragon uses cover of green after having a leg and arm withered, I walk up and ask OOG :
 Me: Can I see you?
 Seamus: Cover of green
 Not really knowing cover of green that well I reply: Can I see you?
 Seamus OOG replies: I hope not!
*Being a Hunter Demon twice was awesome, definately something I want to stay away from as a PC, they are nasty.
*Being sent out as a rogue with two others to protect the painter, If we weren't conspicuous enough already a small hold gets called and everyone in the inn has to take a divine ceremony or 100 divine. Being an NPC I was ok with this but when half of the town drops inside the inn and there are only a few people left standing (the three rogues and the painter seem completely unaffected) I'd ask a few questions.
*Getting to play that same rogue later on In the low level mod was fun until I ran into Cinder and Barrak. Barrak who couldn't see me and Cinder who could see me and everytime I went Invisable proceeded to get me ghanked. It was fun though.
*Jared gets a Waylay off on the painter. Good Job buddy you finally found a use lol jk. But tell me Jared how did you like getting dropped everytime you got healed? (completely unintentional couldn't really see who was who.)
Overall everything was fun and I had a blast, I was happy that even as a full-time NPC (like I always am lol) I was getting recognition from Liz, Adam and Garrett, it made this weekend all worth it. Thanks guys.

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.644 seconds