January Event Highlights

30 Jan 2011 16:35 #1 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
January Event Highlights was created by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
- Many of you were able to fight the Hydra, but I was able to be in its belly! So yeah, ten times cooler.  ;D

- Excellent RP'ing with Father Hardolson (Charlie) during the early (and later) Bedouin NPC fights. "You pansies, you are letting that geezer whoop you!"

- Just fun RP'ing as a Bedouin barbarian in general.

- Fun time meeting various people in the Barracks, where I slept with my friends.

- Being able to snuggle up all warm at night, to escape the cold. You have no idea how good it felt to take off the freezing boots and just dry my feet off (or maybe you do!  ;))

- Feast cupcakes, with the thingie to pour on it! So scrumptious! The chicken pot pie thing was also really tasty.

- The nights not being quite as cold as I thought they would be. I didn't feel even a chill, but maybe that is because of the 4 layers I was wearing.

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
30 Jan 2011 20:06 #2 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic January Event Highlights
There's always so much that goes on during events, and so much stuff to write. I'll choose only a few things this time.

Highlights::
-Playing Kamei all weekend
-Learning from Lethias in front of the heater (yay warm!)
-Teaching things ^^ Awesome things
-Watching the intercept/dodge training outside
-Being a dread reaper =D Thank you, Adam! Awesome weekend once again
-Getting a few more items and having gold!
-More backstory stuff, thank you Vince and Steve <3
-Khitan plot....so much going on >.o -insert incoherent noises here-
-Getting to interact with Togashi! =DD Made my event!!
-Also, I love being useful! lol

Lowlights::
-Cold
-Missing a test
-Seeing Liz sick  D;

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
30 Jan 2011 20:30 #3 by Father Jerec Lightbringer (Jerec)
Replied by Father Jerec Lightbringer (Jerec) on topic January Event Highlights
I'm still ringing out clothing... but wow what an event.  Starting with the wild mage explosions on friday (insert epic smiley face), and all the way until sunday, I was having a wonderful time.  Especially amazing conversation in the logisitics barracks on late saturday night.
Glad I'm finally on the guard. Though I hated fighting the hydra it was AMAZING

Only downside was the wetness of snow

Priest of Galladell

Every time a PC takes himself out through his own stupidity does not let me sing the Oompa-Loompa song.
The barbarian must remember that 'human shield' is a figure of speech
Before facing the dragon, not allowed to glaze the elf.

Adam B.
  • Marcus
  • Thank Yous: 0
30 Jan 2011 22:07 - 30 Jan 2011 22:10 #4 by Marcus (Marcus)
Replied by Marcus (Marcus) on topic January Event Highlights
Had a blast this event! NPCed all weekend, and died about a bazillion times  ;D Who says NPCing isn't fun?
Highlights for me were:
1. That new song they played at the tavern feast and then again during the Main Mod when the Hydra popped out. Anyone know what it was called, and where I might get a download of it? It's kind of stuck in my head :) I don't remember the exact lyrics. The refrain was about marching and fighting (something like "we'll march a hundred miles and we'll fight a hundred more"), and one of the lyrics was something like "we do not fight for glory and we do not fight for gold, we fight that the future that we dream of might unfold."
2. The barbarian NPC character I for to fight as in two events. Just a lot of fun to play, and my black cloak made me look very intimidating, apparently. Was very fun, especially cause I kept tripping on the hem and falling into the snow. Cold, but entertaining!
3. Bringing 3 new people into LARPing. They all had a great time, and I hope to bring them back!

Lowlights:
1. All 3 new players got sick on Saturday. Luckily, 2 of them recovered and got to be a part of the Main Mod madness!
2. Can't think of anything else :)

In game name: Marcus/nameless NPC
OOG: Joe Martin
Last edit: 30 Jan 2011 22:10 by .
  • Jarons20
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 1
30 Jan 2011 22:46 #5 by Jarons20 (Jarons20)
Replied by Jarons20 (Jarons20) on topic January Event Highlights
Wow, Praise be to the new Lake Hydra
Hearing all the plans for how to deal with such a thing was hilarious OOG, and worrying IG
Thanks to all my teachers, and getting to stick my head in Mage Guild affairs
Shannon for the Awesomeness of Shadows and James and Co for Picking up Gypsies by the Bar

NPCing was really fun in the snow for the Barbarians but also dangereous as I must have face planted at least twice and chin sled a good 5 feet at least once, but what made it more comfortable for me was the ability to drop more convincingly, when I knew I had a good two feet of snow to fall back into. Bleeding out has never been more interesting as it gave those not in the front ranks a chance to inspect the people they were fighting. Thanks to whomever tried to bandage me until told "no, just save the ones with blue on their faces, the black marked we want dead."

Scholars for obvious reasons, Amazar for scrutiny of paperwork, and the fun I had interviewing some of the wild mages

Can't wait for next month and Dreamation, which I fear may be my last time with you all for a long while...

- Jason

OOG - Jason Arons
30 Jan 2011 23:10 #6 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic January Event Highlights
-The Great Travance Snowball Fight

"Don't worry, head shots are A-OK in my lessons"
"Really? Winks, take your glasses off!"

- Dramatic Archery is Dramatic!

Ok I don't usually post anything about my own little moments but... the real joy of archery is looking cool (I mean, really, whats the point otherwise?), and there were so many neat moments this weekend, especially Sunday morning!

Getting hit while perched on the snowplow and flinging myself off it backwards and doing a backroll. AWESOME.

After firing off all my arrows in the cave, jumping the railing and sword fighting OVER the witch hunters heads while straddling empty air between the pillar and landing. Then when the battle shifted, leaving the stability of the pillar, hooking one arm around the railing, and hanging off that for dear life on one leg while continuing to fight. I don't think it really registered how precarious my position was until the fight was over. Probably one of the most exciting moments I've had at KR.

Thanks everybody -- both IG and OOG -- who keep recycling my arrows back to me.

- "Wow, I thought you were Lizzy Stark at first" x7

- Friday night NPC shift. Based on past experiences, I'm sort of surprised and impressed that the town didn't just grease me the second time I Wild Maged all over the Inn. I had a lot of fun with it, hope you all did too.

- Main mod bonus NPC shift: I LOVED the look on peoples faces every time I popped invisibility and called Chains of Oblivion. Awesome :-D.

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
30 Jan 2011 23:43 #7 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic January Event Highlights
This has to have been one of the best events ever  ;D

Friday:
-Treading through 3ft deep snow and NOT getting my feet wet. Yay Journey's boots!
-Always excited when I get to bring in a new costume piece. Apparently my new color is pink
-About to leave Toravisu to follow Paetros for recon. As I'm tying scarves to cover my ring belts
Toravisu "Wait, are you de-jingling?"
Me "Dah, I am"
"...wait...you can do that?"

Saturday:
-OMG BEST NPC SHIFT EVER!!!
-Getting to play a rift. Just an actual rift, that was so usubstantial that nothing could hit me. And...200 Mortal Bane ^_^
-Playing brigands of the Sons of Saints with Nadi
-Insulting Lucian to the point where he almost broke peace to cast at us...I wish we HAD Insult
Me "Oh my, he has a hoop earring."
Nadi laughs "I don't even wears hoops!"
Me to Lucian "Hey! Are you a guy or a girl?"
Nadi "I don't know if he is. He's not wearing a very manly color."
Me "Yeah, it's pink..."
-Even though I didn't get to see the Hydra face-to-face (duh, healer's in back) I saw the epic silhouette of epicness
-I just love all around being useful. So when everyone got silvered and we had to wait for them to fall into crit so me, Angelica and Mother Moonshadow could heal them, I felt pretty damn good about myself
-My masseuse business is booming  ;D
-Late night conversations in Logistics barracks...they will never be forgotton

Sunday:
-Having Jonas Kane flirt with me to teach Charm...tried SO hard not to crack up
-Barfight almost broke out during the Charm lesson...you just HAD to Insult, didn't you Mike
-"There no fish!"
-The official gypsy game of "Hide Sir Sorel's Breakfast...and everything else he owns..."
-Everyone wanted to kill the town crier...I just thought he was amusing

Lowlights:
-Losing my item pouch
-Only other lowlight really was the cold of course. But it made for great RP, so it worked ^_^

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
31 Jan 2011 00:04 #8 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic January Event Highlights
It's been a while since I've come and stayed for a full event.  Here goes...
1. It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting all the new people.  The social aspect of this game is one of the reasons I come to this.
2. Many thanks to Jason Turqman for being available for a Dover pick-up.  It's okay it didn't actually happen, but you got to see East Rutherford.  ;D
3. Witch Hunter conversations and hilarity that always ensues.
4. Seeing Kiellor perform a ritual to cure lycanthropy and being reminded I should learn to Detect Lycanthropy sometime soon.  :D
5. Fighting Ice Trolls that "just happened" to appear right after a gypsy good-luck dance. Hmm...
6. Saturday morning patrols and its amazing how quiet it is outside of town.
7. Playing "Yojimbo" for Lucius... asking a Ronin to play bodyguard?  That's like asking Mike Smith to help sample bacon.
8. Learning 1-handed Blunt with Seamus, Rannith, and Corteccia.  Snow hijinks, fighting and more With Hunter hilarity ensues.  I sense a pattern here.
9. Going to Homestead with Tom Senger.  Prime rib dinner?  Hells yes...
10. Prepping and discussion to fight the dread reapers.  Witch Hunter Plan A... I'm the bait.  Of course... it never goes off as plan.
11. Fighting along side Quan Liu and being a part of the shield wall.
12. Seeing the Hydra pop-out... HOLY $%&*!!!!111
13. Trying to hit the Hydra and keep pace with it through 2 foot snow banks... sadness.
14.  My final attempt at Hero-mode and putting up a Wall of Ice, would've succeeded if I didn't get dominated.  Damnit!
15. For those that saw it, I pulled the Godzilla lip-synch moment.  I hope you all enjoyed that.  ;)
16. Playing the Khitanese fisherman and how that entire RP scene played out... I used every Asian stereotype there was and a few I made up.  I also loved how it was handled by Liam, Steve Oros, and the trickled down theory of responsibility.  When in doubt or annoyed by crying peasantry... hand it off to someone down the totem pole.  :D
17. Coming back from my RP role to becoming a tank/mook cultist.  Too many damn respawns and going through a Jeff McLean meat-grinder of a mod.  No wonder I got overheated and nearly collapsed.
18. Cleaning up, going to the diner, and finally getting home never felt so good.  Dry, warm clothes are heavenly.

Many thanks again to the Staff, Players, my old friends, and new friends.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
31 Jan 2011 00:10 #9 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic January Event Highlights
Had an awesome, if truncated, time in Travance this Saturday!

Highlights:
-teaching Rione how to read
-finally using those magic points all high elves get to help move the portals
-seeing the dungeon
-fighting the hydra- most awesome monster ever!
-general running around in the snow and having a good ol' time (not as cold as I thought it would be!)

Lowlights:
-arriving just after the sword plot
-not being able to stay the whole event (darn it real life)
-Suzie's trip to the ER- soooo glad you're ok!!!

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
31 Jan 2011 00:18 - 31 Jan 2011 00:44 #10 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic January Event Highlights
It was so awesome to be back.  Only 3 more weeks till we do it again!!!

Lowlights:
Lack of Adventuring.  I need to go adventure more.

Highlights:

Amazing RP with Gideon at the forge just about all day saturday.
Emar's Pep Talk
Teaching Corvin a language.  Steve your awesome >.<
Really early mornng Hooka.
Talking with Kalem about Chaos vs. Order
Sorel helping me out.
I'm sure i'm forgetting alot but it was all fantastic!

Forgot the best one of all:  Glommite Priests dominating me and commanding me to attack the citizens of Travance. 
Glommite: What can you do?
Me: I've a razor wit.
Glommite: Seriously that's it? Then just go bother the nobles or something.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 31 Jan 2011 00:44 by .
31 Jan 2011 10:28 - 01 Feb 2011 13:17 #11 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic January Event Highlights
Friday into Saturday
-Trying to tend bar Friday night and constantly being pulled away for A,B, or C.
Ilana: "I'm sorry Destiel. It's just people keep calling me away."
Destiel: "Yea, well... stop using the excuse 'I need to save the world' every thirty minutes to get out of your work!"  
Ilana: *sigh*

-Ilana being constantly advanced by Simon and her being TOTALLY creeped out. I couldn't stop giggling however, Simon, you're pretty fun to listen to.

-Lord Pyre hugs! That made Ilana's night.

-After talking with Janus, Ilana's decided white sorcerers are not allowed to die. Her thinking 'This will probably result in her being killed', but that's OK.

Saturday:
-Getting rushed upstairs by Ethan because Ilana decided Artimus at least deserved breakfast to give said drow his breakfast.

-Trying to sell things at market faire and eat only to be pulled away for A, B, or C.
Then Sorel using his title as squire to order her to sit down and eat. That was pretty hilarious.

-Traveling with Avalon to his encampment.... only to get ambushed and run to the town later. Surprised by how quick everyone acted when I spoke (guess Dark Sorcerer is the keyword to getting things done). After that mess, returning to the inn to reanimate Avalon. Told later by some the reason they did everything so fast is because they never saw Ilana like that before and she's not allowed to be like that again.

-The uniqueness of the reanimation procedure, thanks to those who helped with the RP. As a result of this success, Ilana has made friends with a White Sorcerer and a tribe of mages. *thumbs up*

-Wait, that was the Dread Reaper...? That wasn't so difficult.... OMGHYDRA Ilana was not informed about Cecil showing up Friday or anything to do with the Reliquary, so... Mr. Hydra was a surprise.

-Maybe kinda sorta almost getting my face ripped off by a Chimera... but that's OK. (See above)

Sunday:
Togashi! Yay!

Glommites.... bleh

Though, there was one moment where my left arm was withered, and I'm trying to clumsily fight with my right hand *is left-handed* and I run into Drew who had his right arm withered *he's right-handed*. We bump into each others withered sides, look at each other, start laughing, and press together so we start 'florentining' one of the cultists.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 01 Feb 2011 13:17 by .
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
31 Jan 2011 11:34 - 31 Jan 2011 11:41 #12 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic January Event Highlights
My first Event in over a year when I did not suffer from a Mummy's Curse.  this allowed me to be vey active, and to re-learn the Greek adage "There is many a slip, Twixt the cup and the lip."  To wit:

25 of us are trudging to the Mnastery.  Pretty strong group, marching along a cleared path.  Why bother to change into serious boots.  Half way through the Mass when we are asked to go save Avalon.  Hey, we're a pretty strong group, what're the chances I will be off the path up to my pipek in snow?

After feast, enjoying a post-prandial cheroot in front of the Inn, a truly fine cigar.  About five minutes into it, someone comes to the door and tells me I am needed inside, but only for "a minute or two."  Right.

Seeing the Glommite struggle Sunday and deciding to deal with it before using the bathroom.  It takes 30 minutes to desecrate a R 2 alar and that is after fighting and RPing one's way to it.  ::SIGH::

Hearing from two individuals about things that I did that I never even knew about.  Really?

Asking a simple question and by not getting an answer opening an entire can of worms.

Speaking with Cecil who lives time differently from most people.

Jeff M as an Avatar of Glomm.  Tyecasting was vey good.

Steve M as a dark spirit, tempting me beyond my ability to resist.  Eternal good looks, youth, wealth, women beyond my imagination and a new profession of my choosing fully accomplished if only I.....  After invoking a Divine Willpower and Resist, the spirit left, sadly disappointed.  I am really glad I celebrated Mass the day before.

Desecrating an altar in the basement, doing the "dance" all the while.  Interesting company, With Victor, Octavious, and Zandar.  Watching various possessions, and dodging blows while either working on dismantling the altar and droping said possessee.

Interesting paths opening as a result of RP with the least likely individuals.

Interesting paths opening as a result of RP with the most likely individuals

All in all, another typical atypical month in Travance.

My thanks to those who froze their butts off as marshalls and weekend NPCs.  

Almost forgot - at said Mass I gave a decent sermon, Goose gave a more impassioned one, but Judge - we have us a faith healer!  All that was lacking was his palming someone's forehead and seeing their sins leave. , My hat is off to yuou.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 31 Jan 2011 11:41 by .
31 Jan 2011 11:41 #13 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic January Event Highlights
Friday:
-Nice long conversation with Paetros.  Michael, you are invariably a pleasure to RP with.
-Gypsy racial lesson.

Saturday:
-Awesome NPC shift.  I think my highlight was playing a master mage who transformed into the first lesser dread reaper to appear.
-Yet another Gypsy racial lesson.  I love RPing teaching Family secrets.
-Being dominated to obey Marika during the course of said lesson and the shenanigans that ensued.
-Learning my first enchantments and spellsongs.
-The music at Feast, esp. Raphael's new battle hymn.  
-Dread Reaper.
-Hydra.
-OMGHYDRA!
-Marika massage  :D

Sunday:
-Stabbin' Glommites.  Is there anything finer?
-Massage train.

All in all, a most satisfying event.  Looking forward to the next one.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Edward Walker
  • Let me cut to the point to get to the heart of the issue.
  • Thank Yous: 15
31 Jan 2011 14:48 #14 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic January Event Highlights
Highlights:
- I fought a Hydra  ;D
- Lord Pyre
- Mass on Saturday!  Can I get an amen?  Can I get a hallelujah?
- Teaching GET DOWN... I mean intercept
- Travancian snow ball fight
- Barbarian fight on Saturday afternoon before feast.  I had a lot of really good fights then.
- Interacting with Terri and Jeff M's dragoons over Jeff's IG spell book.  Definitely one of the most interesting and fun RPs I've had in a long time.

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
31 Jan 2011 15:51 #15 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic January Event Highlights

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
31 Jan 2011 17:12 #16 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic January Event Highlights
Accidently taking poison damage from a rat, forgetting I have a soak,
Realizing at the end of the event that I actually swing for more than I thought.

Getting to strike Seamus for two slays during the snowball fight... I knew he could take it, but when an Ogre is smoking a cigar, it's best not to throw a snowball at him.

Getting to sleep in the least crowded room in the camp! :-)

Finally smoking my Opus X!

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
31 Jan 2011 17:28 - 31 Jan 2011 17:32 #17 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic January Event Highlights
Enjoying the busiest event in a long time. The new construction the finished inn all FANTASTIC! the additions to the kitchen, marvelous. I want to extend my appreciation for everyone involved in that endeavor, thank you.
Friday
-the angry, irritable Quan's first victim.. Zander: "you alright, you look terrible?"
                                                          Quan Liu: " I, what? I should kill you for
                                                                          that go do your job!"
followed with some more rp and ending with a bounce that flings zander over the sofa- great acrobatics JimBob.
- so much great rp
- Officially being on the town guard, yay awesome induction ceremony and being presented to the Baron
- Hydra! wow great job there
- Feast, all I can say is I love Pot Pie, thanks Diane!!
- meeting so many new people
- The Demi ony realization, More great rp... Thanks Damien for plot and Geof for the use of the Jax appliance. Cant wait for February event..
Apology to Stacy for being a dum dum.
Great RP all Weekend with the Loyal Hung (Goley)
.more to come

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
Last edit: 31 Jan 2011 17:32 by .
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
31 Jan 2011 17:47 #18 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic January Event Highlights
Hail Hydra aside...

This past event was a fantastic time.  I want to personally thank all the RMs, Staff, Adam and any others involved in Weekend Plot, Damien for Khitan Plot and my fellow Monster Marshal's for a wonderful event had by all.  It is the passion and desire to be involved that drives us all and makes Knight Realms one of a kind.

I also want to thank all the NPCs on my shift for enduring the cold of the 2a - 6a NPC shift.  All of your motivation and drive to go out in the cold and entertain makes me proud to work along side of you all.

The fantastic RP with the rest of the Town Guard, the ever-amazing RP with Luis as Quan Liu, as well as the tense RP with Goose, Travis and Raf.  I look forward to February's event and the outcome of all of the interactions recently.

I want to remind everybody that aside from the hailing praises on the Highlight/Lowlight post, to please remember to utilize the Event Recap Form.  This is the single greatest source for speaking to the Officers and James about both good and bad, to help and make sure that our staff can host the best game it can for us as players.

With that said, Thank you everybody for being a part of this community and giving us all the chance to have memorable moments, great role playing and fantastic, fun combat even in the most adverse of weather conditions.

See you all in February!

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
31 Jan 2011 18:14 #19 by Father Jerec Lightbringer (Jerec)
Replied by Father Jerec Lightbringer (Jerec) on topic January Event Highlights
^ Chris, working that shift was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was truly one of the most awesome weekends ever..... It was perfectly amazing to end the weekend in the snowball fight

Priest of Galladell

Every time a PC takes himself out through his own stupidity does not let me sing the Oompa-Loompa song.
The barbarian must remember that 'human shield' is a figure of speech
Before facing the dragon, not allowed to glaze the elf.

Adam B.
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
31 Jan 2011 18:40 #20 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
Replied by Lathiel (Lathiel) on topic January Event Highlights
Highlights

Friday Night

- within an hour or two going on a mod dealing with elementals. Something about calling Lord Brightstar evil even though they were using black sorcery.
- During that mod having to assume my role as a healer taking care of people's limbs.

Saturday Morning

- going on another mod having to do with 2 or 3 humans. 1 of them summoning about 6 or 8 demons. Near the end fighting one person played by Ethgail (sorry for not knowing his real name). We had to question him. Sort of hard to question somebody without a tongue. Then later finding out that Heal Limb could bring a tongue back.

Saturday Afternoon
- NPC Shift

- first playing some lesser demons summoned by a person who was put in jail then broke out and was buried alive. Playing some dire wolves which had some sever limbs (which I will want to have eventually). Final part playing some zealots. 200 BP, 2 Sever Limbs, 1 Cripple, 1 Resilience, 1 Willpower and a couple other goodies. By far the best (and hardest to keep track of body) NPC shift I played ever.

Feast

- The chicken pot pie was amazing. Raphael was amazing with his guitar. good cupcakes.

Saturday Night

- fighting all the elementals near the inn was quite fun when fighting something that my weapons could possibly do more damage to. The hydra was well done. Must have taken a while to make it. Pretty sad when you think it's almost dead then having found out that all that hard work was for nothing when the hydra actually reached the lake.

Sunday Morning

- big mod having to do with Glommites and an Avatar of Glomm. I heard there was a necromancer there. I hate necromancers! Having to do a ton of healing. Running out when Diane gave me 20 more Healing Points thaen healing more people. Then I saw something that I really enjoyed. ARCTIC ARDENTFYRE. Greatest thing I have seen in a while. It was actually protected by the spell Protect Item. Hilarious! Then having to leave was sad. All in all --- pretty good event.

Lowlights

- The weather. Then unfortunately loosing one of my elf ears :o No idea where it could be ???

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Master of the Mages' Guild
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
31 Jan 2011 19:40 #21 by E Archangel (E Archangel)
Replied by E Archangel (E Archangel) on topic January Event Highlights
I'm not even gonna comment on the hydra fight because it was only second to the build of the damn thing. Impressive job and really makes a difference in the reactions.

Roleplay with the alisandrians is always the highlight and there is NEVER an oog moment when that much talent is in one area.

But i gotta say the friggin mass was probably one of my top 5 KR highlights in 12 years.
Charlie was on his game, speaking not once but throwing in a pre Artimus speech without a single hiccup. Fabulous.

Goose..come on man. I knew it was gonna be good it started off and the first thing I did was grunt in agreement with the message. Like I told you, the other priests give mass, Galladellites give mo f'n spirituals.

Being able to lose my mind and really PREACH something without a plan was a great test. Getting vocal agreement from others MID mass, seeing Chris Kane cry because of the forgiveness and finding something that was lost message and finally looking at Angel who (god bless her to the best of her ability to stay in character) turn to Chris D and say..no no i'm really crying.
I'd say big fat mission accomplished.
The weekend was made by the retunr of Chris kane. There were so many potential explosions that could have went off that it was egg shells all weekend. Finally, still feeling like it was 12 years ago and almost glancing over at chirs for his apporval cuz, lets face it, gotta still try and impress the vets.
Mahoney reminding me about the importance of the four horseman of the apocalypse.

Yeah it was just great all around.

Jediah Frost
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
31 Jan 2011 21:39 #22 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic January Event Highlights
Highlights:

-Friday-

-Being the spokesperson for the main bad guy. Excellent. Leaning over to hear his whispers absolutely threw me into character and getting into an arguement with Goose about it was just hilarious.
-Coming out as Mae. I honestly don't remember much. I dont think anything really happened after that.
-Going to be around 3 am for once. Getting up at 10:30 am and being rested? Who knew it could happen?

-Sat-

-Bringing out Adria and seeing the shock on some people's faces (Even people that knew she was coming out! :) It was great!)
-Being able to be happy and free-spirited all afternoon!
-Working at the bar- which I NEVER thought Id do-and enjoying it greatly

-Sat night-

-Entertainment was excellent. I'm sorry I didnt get to see it in action on the battlefeild

Lowlights:

-Pretty much everything from 9 pm Sat night on. I am so glad I have so many people who were concerned and checked up on me all night and into the morning. If anything made me feel better it was that. Missing ALL of Khitan plot sucked but Im sure Ill make up for it next event. I want to personally thank all of you for trying to be sure I got well. Im still in bed atm but Im hoping Ill be up racing around tomorrow.

See you all next event and take care all of you!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Jan 2011 22:14 #23 by
Replied by on topic January Event Highlights
baptist revival mass, that is all.
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
31 Jan 2011 23:02 #24 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic January Event Highlights
Don't forgot to send in your Event Recap forms!  We're always seeking constructive criticism.

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
31 Jan 2011 23:06 #25 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
Replied by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU) on topic January Event Highlights

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
31 Jan 2011 23:34 #26 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic January Event Highlights
Highlights-
Trap Portal
Awesome adventures with Billliamm and Friends
HYDRA, my legs are broken throw me...
Fun Witch Hunter talks with Shamus DelDragon
Billliamm trying to master his rage
Allisair's song time with his axe
Punching as many things to death as possible
Singing throughout the weekend
Learning Master warrior skills trial by fire
Fighting side by side with Barrack
Throwing weapons worth their weight in gold main mod
HYDRA
Waylay and Chaotic Alteration to stop dominated and chaoticly altered people
Fun talks with Amizar
Andy after card check "wow you have alot of friends"
Sweet Hatchet research and plot

all in all great weekend. I had a blast and cant wait till the next one

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
  • Moirya
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
01 Feb 2011 12:09 #27 by Moirya (Moirya)
Replied by Moirya (Moirya) on topic January Event Highlights
Highlights -
The Arkanian family is almost all back together!
Gypsy racial lesson (thank you Zach for helping me realize some interesting things about my PC!)
The incredibly cold murder pit meeting
Planning to perform with Jimbob and then realizing that.. it just wasn't necessary and we could fast forward through that 
Travance snowball fight and realizing that everybody needs "saving" and by saving I mean, snowbank tackling.
Getting quite a few lessons from three amazing PC's
Hanging with an olde friend from faire I convinced to come to KR and then watched him make an epic splash at the event (Joshua = Clyde the new bard)

Lowlights -

It's cold and wet. My boots didn't want to stay waterproof. Thankfully I always pack extra socks.
Realizing I missed the main group leave for main mod and decided to just stay inside due to some overwhelming feelings of "it's too cold" ......then hearing about a hydra later. I regret wussing out now.

Prin mainile mele,
Moirya Arkanian
Squire to Sir Magnus Von-Ritter
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

OOG : Sam Dio
Logistics Marshal / New Player Marshal
01 Feb 2011 17:12 #28 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic January Event Highlights
This event was really light on combat for me (in fact Friday night I didn't even swing my weapons at all), but HUGE for RP. I didn't really get involved with plot much, but had more than enough to occupy my time.

Had fantastic meaningful conversations with: Paetros, Colin, Magnus, Elezar, Aleister, Daxton, Lethias, Corvin, Orophin, Sorel, and I'm sure others that I can't remember right now. Such a great time was had, and I can't wait for next time.

Oh yeah...and hydra! =D

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Oakroot
  • We all hope for happy endings... right?
  • Thank Yous: 1
01 Feb 2011 17:40 #29 by Oakroot (OakRoot)
Replied by Oakroot (OakRoot) on topic January Event Highlights
Where to start.... This was such an awesome weekend!
Friday-
-Hanging out with Shamus and Ranith for a good while
-Getting started on RP with Oren (Which ended up continuing throughout the rest of  the event!)
-Tracking the strange creature in my Totem form and leading to a dead end...
-FINALLY SUMMON NATURE'S HERALD!!!!!!! Great lesson!
-Mauling the Khitanese jerk who ran into the inn and helping Toravisu interrogate him.
-Getting Drunk and annoying Toravisu and Cain >.>
-Accidentally Transmuting due to Oak having a slight head cold.
Saturday-
-Getting mugged by some Dire Wolves thanks to Naturi.
-Helping spread the joys of NATURI GET DOWN!!!!!!!!
-Got back to doing what I love and Teaching Druidics.
-Learning that Miso and Oakroot are actually shaping up to be very good friends!  ;D
-Arguing with Darius on the subject of "Pave the woods"
-Almost Dying to save The Hero of time wannabe....
-MAULING THE HYDRA!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday-
-NPCing was so much fun.
-Disarm, Disarm, Disarm, Disarm, Disarm, then 10 divine, 10 divine, 10 divine, 10 divine!!!!!!
-IUSTUS chant to try to break Charlie's concentration having all the NPCs join in!

Lowlight-
-Ice
-Ice
-Ice
-Slipping on Ice
-Leaving on Sunday!

Brinden Oakroot
Vassal and Gaurd of Kaladonia
Student and Squire of Lady Elawyn Brightstar
Follower of Chronicler and Son of Arawyn
*OOG*
*Clark Livengood*
01 Feb 2011 22:45 #30 by Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
Replied by Jade Peverell (Angel M.) on topic January Event Highlights
Highlights:

Friday Night:

1. The Darkheart family meeting. I realized a lot of things about our characters, and also that Ilona has to rethink nearly EVERY aspect of her life. I love when my PC takes a turn that I didn't plan for, it's the whole point of the game!

Saturday:

1. I faught a HYDRA! Serious props to the person who put that together, it made the roleplay so much more fun! Also, throughout that whole battle Ilona learned the true meaning behind Magnus' and Lord Antrim's advice.  :)   Oh! And it was the first time I've ever heard anyone argue over who was going to take a death for whom. Luckily the answer was no one this time.

2. And I can't forget the BEST MASS EVER!  ;D Can I get an Amen! Haha, it took me everything I could to not yell "Hallelujah!" Way to go Judge for preaching like a champ on the spot. That whole mass made Ilona realize a lot about herself. IG I was crying like crazy, OOG I was trying so hard not to laugh.

Sunday:

1. Oh my the town cryer, no matter how annoying he was, I didn't hit him. However, I still got blamed for hitting him, haha

2. The Ilona, Paetros, Daxton, and Brogan drama nonsense. Leave it to Brogan to do what he could to defend Ilona's honor. Chris DesRochers is always a pleasure to roleplay with. The best part about it was that the honor combat ended up being the Darkheart family sticking together. Brogan defending my honor, with Aleister as the noble overlooking the whole thing, Magnus and Kiellor as witnesses, and Aquene as the healer for after. So good.

3. "There are no more fish in the lake." I got to witness Aleister being a proper noble and give the fishermen fishing space in Drega'Mire.

4. Actually getting to spend time with Aleister and receiving the amulet he bought me.  :)

5. Last but not least, the Travance versus the Glomite battle. While everyone was destroying Glomites, I was building Artic Ardentfyre the world's best snowblemen!  ;D It was actually a protected item thanks to Gideon.

Lowlights:

1. Tobar didn't have his hat! Way to go Zach!  :P

2. The fact that I forgot my weapons and my pouch with all of my money and cards in it. Oh well, it happens I guess.

3. Susie having to go to the hospital, Liz being ill, and Diane hurting her ankle. I'm so glad all of you are alright!

All and all a very good event. I had a great time! Thanks to everyone that helped make it so! See you all next month!

Jade Peverell

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
OOG: Angel Mowery

Role Play Marshal
New Player Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.846 seconds