March Event Highlights

13 Mar 2011 14:15 - 13 Mar 2011 21:23 #1 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
March Event Highlights was created by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
I'm actually really impressed with the March event even though I was only there on Saturday. Here are my Highlights and 1 Low-light from the day

High Lights:
*Every Chance I had to sit down being asked "Are you coming with us?" and being brought on a mod of some sort.
*Going on a mod with a sandwich in a bag tied to my belt
*Having to explain the tails of a gypsy girl meeting a young hansom celt and how after a night of drinking, I appeared 9 months later.
*Actually going into battle and not falling 2 hits in.
*Lucky Leaf Shield that I found in a Patch of 4 leaf clovers.
*"Wait that's not you're sword, oh wait, you're homeboys girlfriend never mind."
*Half way through a battle remembering I swing for Divine with Matt's Sword... opps.
*Gypsy Shenanigans- Joe Shoot me a message, we'll follow through on that plan!
*Low Level Mods (Wally Mods) were so much fun and were enjoyable.

*Most Important: The weather

*Feast was so AMAZING- It was so Hot! My Only complaint was that there weren't enough veggies, but then there was more then enough fruit to make up for it! So No complaints!

(this post has been split, see announcements about feast clean-up)

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
Last edit: 13 Mar 2011 21:23 by .
13 Mar 2011 14:58 #2 by Father Jerec Lightbringer (Jerec)
Replied by Father Jerec Lightbringer (Jerec) on topic March Event Highlights
Highlights:   
Going from Galmachian to light.... Path to redemption RP was EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just tons of RP moments during the interrogation...
NPCing the dragoon mod with Chris was awesome...
Shephard's pie

Lowlights: Getting hit in the "sweet spot" almost a dozen times, including one that almost made me black out
being stuck in jail ALL of saturday

Priest of Galladell

Every time a PC takes himself out through his own stupidity does not let me sing the Oompa-Loompa song.
The barbarian must remember that 'human shield' is a figure of speech
Before facing the dragon, not allowed to glaze the elf.

Adam B.
  • Casandra
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Let me take you on a journey like no other...
  • Thank Yous: 206
13 Mar 2011 22:13 #3 by Casandra (Casandra)
Replied by Casandra (Casandra) on topic March Event Highlights
All-around awesome event!

Thanks to all the people who ran the plots for such a fun time!

Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

Merchant and Professional Absintheur
Black Orchid Merchant Company

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
13 Mar 2011 22:19 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic March Event Highlights
Good event!

Highlights, in no particular order:

* The return of several players, including Kristen and Gavin.
* Shepard's Pie.  Mmmmm!
* Lessons teaching Marcus (Brendan).  The fact that teaching a student can make YOU think, means you're (and they're) doing it right.
* (Casts Overlook on Marcus, is about to get up to hide) "Gideon, you had better be there when I figure out how to dispel this." (Gideon sits back down.)
* Running into a slew of lower level undead and a Necromancer on Friday night.  I took them out quickly, quickly enough that as I moved on to fight the devils, I was pondering going back to apologize to the NPC players, OOG.  Five minutes later, I was staring up at the sky in my crit stage, and I realized, no, I am NOT invulnerable...
* Frikkin' Wally and his Rogue Devil.  I both love and hate that boy...
* Chicken Curry!
* "Nyda, I am sorry for your loss.  Is there anything I can do?"  *pause*  "I want coffee."
* I constantly forget I have Scorching Touch and Fiery Vengeance.  Jackie reminded me I had F.V., and then resisted it.  S.T. I used on Jediah (Judge)  when he landed on top of me trying to climb down from the roof.  Go figure...
* Jackie (OOG): "If you don't like it, I'll throw you in the lake!"  Me: "But Jackie said not to go into the lake, it's cold and wet..."
* The return of Dray!  Wow, that takes me back to my roots as a LARPer...
* The Mage's Guild Meeting on Sat.  Good RP all around.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
13 Mar 2011 22:30 #5 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic March Event Highlights
Again, good job to all the storytellers for this weekend.  Amazing event.  

-Andy, Wally, Alex, again, your NPC's terrified me.  Good job.
-Realizing I can fight with a staff, just not as effective as a sword and shield.
-The Honors at feast.  That came out of nowhere.  I was completely speechless.
-Having Angelica bolt down to save the day with 17 seconds left in death count after Andy decimated me.  I really thought I was going to die.  
-Templar walks in the woods.
-Galamachian Psions
-Jeff M. eating an egg in front of the lizardkin that were looking for their missing eggs.
-"SHOO! SHOO!"
-The realization of who may be Pontiff.
-Breaking a True Warlocks ability to hide in the shadows with a simple prayer.
-Jediah.  Judge, you're a piece of work.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
  • Thank Yous: 0
13 Mar 2011 23:23 #6 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic March Event Highlights
- Got to be a mod boss for the first time, and had a blast doing it!

- Spending a good portion of Saturday night hiding in a bathroom with Tom

- everything else Saturday night

- the aforementioned "egg incident"

- officially becoming a paid mercenary

- awesome teamwork saturday afternoon, team flank!

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
14 Mar 2011 00:02 #7 by Seiya Harnith (Seiya Harnith)
Replied by Seiya Harnith (Seiya Harnith) on topic March Event Highlights
1) Managing to perform every act of heroic idiocy possible including but not limited to:
a) Running into the monastary by myself with 4 body and no defenses, getting a lucky block and melding with the floor; then unmelding interrupting the desecration and dashing out the door.
b) Dust deviling myself past a wall of devils when the vampire and devils were sieging us to rescue some non-descript guy trapped outside, only to find that there was no one outside.
c) Iceblocking people in the critical stage next to the mod boss without any defenses up and no one else around.
d) Repeatedly Freeze grounding an Anti-Paladin, Taunting him, then having my heart ripped out of my chest.
e) Wild Mage booming the artifact in hopes of detonating some serious sorcery.
f) Surviving all these moments and more.

2) O-M-G. Reanimating the Templar. That was amazing. I love you all. I can't wait for my cleric list. All the trickle down shannanigans happening from everything involved.

3) The storm runner interrogation was awesome. I wish Wulfgar would have been around though.

4) Mini-Mod bossing - I got totally thrashed OOG, but it was great feeling like a big nasty baddy. It was good getting some roleplaying points for the punishment as well.

Lastly, the handful of parcels out in the woods. There was some nice stuff out this event. I'm so glad they're going out again, it's so much fun getting a group of people out and going treasure hunting. I hope it keeps happening, there are so many opportunities for good roleplaying moments.

We stand together my brothers. We live and die by our blood. No mage will ever change that.

OOG: Daniel "Chance" Osmun
14 Mar 2011 02:22 #8 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Replied by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na) on topic March Event Highlights
I have to say I'm glad I didn't miss this event  :) it was pretty awesome.
Nothings in a real order here .
The rat mod early saturday that I was dragged into because i play a healer lol, but it was pretty fun
Always learning new information about things is cool.
' They can't be thatt big ! '
... 0h, crap..
:} hanging out at the bar during saturday night cuz " someone's gota protect the alcohol '
Having a good time with Quan Lu and the others after main mod.
Helping with feast for most of the day is always fun {:

-> Sannyiah ' Syn ' Amarie Tempest Na

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria
Apprentice to Aiden DelDragon
Apprentice to Gregor Borowitz
OOG: Karla

And though she be but little.. she be fierce,,
  • Oryx
14 Mar 2011 08:31 #9 by Oryx (Oryx)
Replied by Oryx (Oryx) on topic March Event Highlights
Two things.

"Happy Birthday Paige, we got you a severed head!"

getting so into the role of the Duchess that Silverbow and Blackthorne started making amends. That entire meeting was all kinds of awesome! I hope everyone enjoyed it!

"When they're gone out of his head, these words, they'll be gone, everywhere, forever. As if they had never been."

~Mother Oryx the Dryad
Faithful Voice of Gaia

OOG: Paige C.
14 Mar 2011 09:44 #10 by E Archangel (E Archangel)
Replied by E Archangel (E Archangel) on topic March Event Highlights
-I love my Alisandria roomates. If it wasn't for them, I honestly don't know if I'd be quite as immersed as I am.

-Running around saturday night mod with Gregor was the most fun I have had in a long time. Healer and commoner with no skills, no clue, and all feet. Being petrified again to die is the way it should be.

-A SINGLE DIGIT LEVEL. I highly recommend it. No defenses, diving over tables, and molding the character though the interactions instead of a predetermined plan is the best idea.

-Getting a job with Geoff. I interact with him as a mage, now he's my superior. Watching with marvel from a midway up a tree (and crapping myself because I climbed said tree and had little idea how to get down) as Geoff fought four of those demon things at once and lived to tell about it.

-"Jediah, you can't spit on the floor in the inn. And Lady Cassandra doesn't like that."
(I spit into my sleeve)
"That better"
(Mary Beth walks away and almost pukes.)

-Getting to be a drunken mess with Oryx.

-Reason #451 why I heart Sean Mahoney. He asked for more food at the feast and I shoveled it onto his plate with my hand. He didn';t miss abeat and just starting eating it. Its little things like that that make the environment.

-i'm sure I missed a ton of stuff, but that's a good thing, I think.

Jediah Frost
14 Mar 2011 11:45 - 15 Mar 2011 17:01 #11 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic March Event Highlights
Friday night
-Hopping around in the rift. Dealing with 'Ricky' and finding some awesome stuff :D

NPC:
-Necromancer vs. Witch Hunters... not so fun, but amusing.
-Surviving as the same one for so long till Gideon found me <_<

-Being part of the couple that were being forced into marriage. The town helped so well with that, thanks!

-Second round, pinning people in the inn... then turning around to find Victor and Layn?(Alisandra colors anyways) have sneaked up behind me. Alisandria casts silence suddenly and I stand there in surprise and then Victor beats the crap out of me as I attempt to flee. It was hilarious

Saturday:
-As soon as I finish serving breakfast, things got busy.

-Doing research on the gnomes, the gems, and the staff.
-Actually having people listen to my plan and everything about to go great till.... the staff is taken X.x
-Watching sorcery was fun, especially Antrim *sparks!*. So much RP! I need to be a sorcerer :P

-Helping cure 'ogre pox'

-Lots of other little things.

Main Mod:
-Going out to save Brik from the vampires... only to find a lot more worse things out there.
-Triage. It's great when people listen and things work smoothly.
-Reanimating Shalok. Ilana hated herself so bad through the whole thing. The RP after when I was told he didn't need to be. Then being happy when that was corrected.

-Hearing Shalok was happy and decided to teach someone to be a cleric... then finding him dead. Hm...

-Helping out with a true warlock, doing some more research, then sleep.

Sunday:
-Finding a pair of lizardkin searching for eggs. Spending the morning helping to look then finding Kleiden and getting her to track them.
-Finding the men who stole them... had eaten the eggs... trying to calm lizardkin and failing.
-Back at the inn convincing Air tribe attackers we were the good guys and to deal with fire tribe.
-Dealing with fire tribe attacking and then (as far as I know) we wiped the clan involved out)

-Teaching a bunch of skills. Elezar specifically requesting a lesson against torture and making me allow it. Having Nyda perform it and watching her gleefully do so.

-
More lores= more fun. Great work on the event and its various plots all around.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 15 Mar 2011 17:01 by .
  • Raxas
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 14
14 Mar 2011 12:05 #12 by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar)
Replied by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar) on topic March Event Highlights
So much random NPCing that i did.

Friday night:
Astral Juggernaut named Ricky, and having people in the inn being slightly scared of my presence
Being turned not even 10 minutes into the mod against the town, and all random insulting/teasing of the pc's
Then NPCing again right afterward not even getting the makeup off for more kill the town fun.

Saturday:
Mage guild meeting (enough said)
Learning more magic and my final attack i needed
NPCing for Chris and Bob to only be tripped epically into a latex weapon and calling a defense on the face shot  ;D

Suck i had to leave early but awesome weekend non the less!

OOG: Randy Werd
Marshal
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
14 Mar 2011 15:33 #13 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic March Event Highlights
+ Not having to get into my costuming more than once was a great relief... go me for taking first shift.
+Helping set up Kitan mod, and then finding out exactly what I had helped do, then being able to NPC for it... "If you are here alone when they get here, quadrupedal your card and keep them from the totem pole." = fight Shen and seeing surprise in his face when his subduing me failed with what strength that meant I had.
-missing the rift portal because I was on NPC shift.
+being pulled for helping set up the 'stone' with Andy.  being a lesser devil was fun.
+being told as I came into the inn as a PC that I was supposed to find Gideon for armor that was repaired for me, only to find out he had gone out to help with the baddies out there.  Followed right after by being ordered to follow lord Ardenfyre in sight (I had no armor on), and keep him safe.
+speaking with Gideon about armor, and finding out a few other things about armor that Oren didn't know ( and I hadn't asked about yet).
+the long RP conversation about how things are in town with a new wild mage (wish you had kept him man, but this new character suits you better).

+not going to sleep = Oren finds things to do to help keep the inn safe and keep moving until people start coming back into the inn.
+long walks out in the woods that were just very nice and relaxing.
+speaking with some of my fellow rangers and a few of the druids, trying to learn all of the lowest levels of druidic casting that I could.
+ helping with ogre pox! (well written, and well played out)
-helping with ogre pox...(when we were split up a few of us were already dead on our feet, and our items happened to be where I had said the first time around in the first place, but they were the last place anyone looked...)
-/+ guard duty during market fair... good RP, and good feelings that Oren was doing his job well... unfortunately I missed selling bacon at that point, and missed three mods I was hoping to go on.
+the food that people kept bringing out by me, then not wanting to finish it, and handing it to me or one of the others around the barracks... THANK YOU ALL, we needed the boost.
+Getting prepared for certain things, and making a few deals...
+/-FEAST! great food, and the entertainment was awe inspiring this time around, unfortunately I had a horrible headache, and was mildly irritated by the end...
+ARMOR!  Mithral is great substance, and I finally have it...
+Guard RP time. 'nuff said.
+Main Mod = Oren is a battle medic.  
+Promotion!
+running into the dark after main mod with Magnus.  This is fun.
+running into the dark after main mod with Magnus.  This was guard duty.
+running into the dark after main mod with Magnus.  This was a trap that we heard about and somewhat fixed.
+"Magnus, it's coming up on six days..." "Go to bed, Oren. That's an order." "I don't know the password for the barracks right now.  Barron, can I knwo the password for the door so I can go to bed?"  

+Being ordered to go make bacon after we were informed that breakfast was not being made.
+Guard bacon was finally done.
+Starting to actually get employees for the bacon hut.
+Finished my learning for the month.
+Getting to finally speak with the head of the druids of Travance.  I had a great time with that talk.  "there is little difference between a druid and a ranger."

-A few ride mixups that we thought had been solved...
+those ride mixups being fixed.
+the huge gathering at the diner after we left the camp.
-the car

I am sure there is more, but I am not able to think of them now...
I had a great time... EVERYONE I got to see this month, thank you for making the event that much better...

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
14 Mar 2011 16:32 #14 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic March Event Highlights
Hehehe! This was a fun event! Very fun indeed!

Saturday:
-Arriving at noon with my 'happy place' shield. That thing saw a total of 20 minutes of action before the strap broke on it. Will fix for May.
-Mage's Guild Meeting. Wow did it feel good to rant about Dorian's opinions to a third party. Sorry I didn't have any cheese with my whine, Chris.
-Thanks to the NPC for being thrown in and out of mods on the saturday afternoon shift. But at least there was cake!
-Realizing there is never enough magic points. Never.
-Lord Ardentfyre's Shooting Gallery. Tons of fun.
"Dorian, Blink them inside and we'll gank them." Gideon, gathering Winks, Ib, and Draknar for the beatdown,
"On it Gideon! *Maniacal Laughter and a fist full of spell packets*"
-"Hey, Paetros. Do you have a puppy."
- DB "Hey Drow, how's the month of May for you?"
 Wraithemane "What's a month?"
 DB "No! No no no! I am not explaining time to you. I've heard the stories about trying to do that. No way!

Sunday-
An Australian Shiraz! A Right Shickamoon!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Muzen
  • Thank Yous: 13
14 Mar 2011 17:40 #15 by Muzen (Yoshimatsu)
Replied by Muzen (Yoshimatsu) on topic March Event Highlights

Sunday-
An Australian Shiraz! A Right Shickamoon!

a Dillers Wink Indeed It was!!!

Yoshimatsu Ikaeda
Sellsword
"our fortunes are unknown,our failures are known"

oog:Chris S
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
14 Mar 2011 18:01 #16 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic March Event Highlights
As Raya:
+ Dropping a zombie in one shot for the new player mod.
+ Waking someone up with Wild Blood and *not* getting stabbed for it.
- Needing to be talked at for hours and waiting for similar amounts of time after learning things I really needed to know beforehand.

As an NPC:
+ Starting off as something simple with the cult of Kagan.
- Getting jumped by a powerful templar as said cult of Kagan. Woops.
+ Super-heinous Dragoon Spirits for the win. Incidentally, when you bring half the town of Travance with you, it doesn't really help to claim you'll never tell your other companions about the location of the place.
+ Getting to replay the Dragoon Spirits, twice as menacing, after someone dropped the bloody ritual.
+ Medium-heinous Lobotomized Soldiers being led by the devil. Good excuse to be stupid, but tactical where we could.
- Needing to duck out of the mod a few minutes early due to fatigue, hunger, and dehydration. I'll remember to fix that for next time.

As Na'ar:
+ Everyone loves a healer.
+ Being one of the only Bedouin in town... and in the right place and time to help Aleister ID where he (we? maybe?) need to go to investigate, out in the sands, where that mysterious box can be opened.
+ Feast! I still can't get the songs out of my head.
+ Bartending and conversing with Derelith and Destiel.
+ Triage! Holy crap this was fun: immersive, effective, and scary beyond all reason, from orders from the Baron to every single bloody time we were attacked. I think I'm sticking with the unarmed healer for a while.
+ Helping heal Magnus from the True Warlock and Rafael from that late, minor incursion. What can I say? I like being effective and helpful.

Overall:
+ For those of you who helped my healer get a start, I thank you. For those of you who spent time trying to talk Raya down another path, I want to apologize, and assure you that your effort wasn't wasted; merely delayed. I'll probably bring it back later, when I'm more acclimated to the game, and a little less jumpy.

I know I'm forgetting a few things... but I should say that my first event, while it wasn't always a success, the parts of it that weren't are rapidly disappearing from memory and being replaced with the good bits. Thanks, everyone!

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
14 Mar 2011 18:30 #17 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic March Event Highlights
Had a fantastic time this weekend, with a few things definitely standing out:

Friday:
~Karma- Damien's healer getting me out of crit after I taught him how last month :)
~Dammit Jerec......that's all
Saturday:
~Teaching/participating in healer lessons, from Empathy II to being the poisonee through alchemical alcohol to help someone learn neutralize poison.
~Helpful NPC's giving out tons o' career points.  Thanks guys!
~Finding out Darius is the go-to guy for finding things, and getting what we needed for the Sword plot. 
~Using empathy on blinded folks during main mod... I think I probably spent, collectively, an hour or so blind this month
Sunday:
~Finally learned heal limb from Angelica.  Next month: heal all or heal all wounds?

Overall- also very much enjoyed the fantastic Alissandrian hospitality :)

'Til next month!!!!!

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
14 Mar 2011 18:58 #18 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
I knew I missed a big highlight...

helping with the reanimation of Shalock... and feeling like crap in game about it.  It was a big moment, and the stuff happening afterwords was character building.  Needless to say, Oren now understands that even the most harmless and most helpful skills he has, is still a double edged sword.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
  • Derelith
  • You cannot believe what you can't conceive.
  • Thank Yous: 9
14 Mar 2011 22:27 #19 by Derelith (Derelith)
Replied by Derelith (Derelith) on topic March Event Highlights
Friday Night:
-Sneaking into the Barracks unnoticed to watch the interrogation and execution of Jerrick (sorry if thats misspelled)
-Getting help for the people trapped in the monastery

Saturday:
-Working for Gwyn and Amizar
-Wally mods are the greatest
-not so much a highlight, but due to an injured knee, deciding to attempt to rest in the inn while mainmod happened, not knowing mainmod was at the inn

Sunday:
-Npc shift: "Go get them Clyde" ogre: "Me name STEVE!, Clyde slavename"
-laying as a corpse in front of the inn while constantly being revived and rekilled

total event recap: soo many mods this event, loved the constant having somewhere to be

Derelith

IC: Derelith
OOG: Ray Hunter
14 Mar 2011 23:57 #20 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
Replied by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU) on topic March Event Highlights
Regular reminder to fill out the event recap form, found here:
www.knightrealms.com/event-recap-form.html

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
15 Mar 2011 04:31 #21 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
Replied by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU) on topic March Event Highlights
Highlights:

- Newbie mod directed by Wally, well done. Thank you for the help, and the first introduction to the game. Without that, it would have been been an even more intimidating experience PC'ing for the first time.

- Bounty Hunter training by Toravisu, and his apparent infection with a disease that made him a total narcissist mid-lesson. Hilarious dialog as we walked back to the inn.

- Some help from several Mages from the Mages guild, including a very interesting Illusion lesson to watch in on, and another Mage who was nice enough to provide my wimpy little commoner with some great protections. Thanks to all of you, you know who you are  ;D

- Being a Bartender for the first time. I had a lot of fun meeting people, servicing people, and dealing with people. Gypsy's, Wild Mages, Warriors... and I even managed to sell two bottles of wine to a Lord! (With special courier service  :D)

- Just the experience as a whole, I felt a bit awkward RP'ing as my very own PC for the first time, but I have to say, it was really enjoyable.

Thank you to everyone who made my wonderful experience possible.

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
  • Marius
15 Mar 2011 07:43 #22 by Marius (Marius)
Replied by Marius (Marius) on topic March Event Highlights
This was my first time at KR in 11 years, and my first time PCing.  Thank you to everyone for a great experience.  I can't wait to come back.

Lowlights:

- Not being able to effect much of anything during main mod.  Not baptized to pantheon of light, so didn't swing divine.  Kept dropping, so my magic weapon would wear off almost before I got to use it.  Oh well, chalk it up as a learning experience.

- Fruit salad in the kitchen sink (as opposed to the kitchen garbage).  I did all the sunday dishes, and it simply made the job harder.

- "Don't fill the mop bucket in the kitchen sink! Use the slop sink please!" x 4

Highlights:

- Virtually everything else.  :)

- Wally's lowbie mod.  Didn't do much but fight, but it was still somehow a ton of fun

- Follow up to lowbie mod... I kept hounding the guy we were after so much he invoked Tsunami on me twice.  Wow I guess for a guy with 13 body, swinging 2's I must have been doing something right.

- Old friends.

- Kleidin: "We were told that the flowers we need are found at the base of the largest evergreen.  Any ideas?"
Me: "Well, there's a large group of pines I saw out by the hedge maze.  Why don't we look there?"
Got it in one.  :)

- New friends.

- And on a special note:  

I simply loved the fact that I felt like I understood what was going on the whole time.  I've been to too many Larps over the last few years where I couldn't understand the plot or couldn't understand what I was playing as an NPC (Here: you're person covered in black slime that makes you an Oni  :).  There: you're a Quaslutian Gasto-beast  ??? :'(

I was very happy that even when I wasn't sure what was going on, I still had a sense of comprehension.  I don't need to know every detail of the plot or every ability a creature can use to feel like I have a sense of my surroundings and can get my bearings.  Thank you.

Be seeing you,
Ryan
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
15 Mar 2011 09:21 #23 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic March Event Highlights
It was an awesome event indeed, great work! I was talking with someone about the fact that not only did they organize the weekend put NPC'd some of the roles and I've got to hand it to them for making it work seamlessly.

Other than that I've never been so worn out after an event...
One of the memorable things was walk about Sac. in all the years I've been coming to KR it was the first time I really got to see some of the most amazing scenery.
- allot of great RP with people as the taint gets worse, as well as with all the Khitan and interacting with Lord Erdrick.
- not missing main mod as the fight came right to my door (my own personal wake up call)..
- It was really great seeing some old faces return, welcome back Kristen, Gavin among others... been a while since I've seen Sam Smile so much (2 thumbs way up)
-walking around with Shen again.
- even working in the kitchen was fantastic, Thanks to you all.
the only down side was some of the people missing, among them Keilor, and the top Darkheart, Solomon hope to see you guys soon.

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
15 Mar 2011 10:28 #24 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic March Event Highlights
Lies. I never smile.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
15 Mar 2011 10:39 #25 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic March Event Highlights

Lies. I never smile.

Confirmed.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Vyth Nar
15 Mar 2011 14:40 #26 by Vyth Nar (Vyth Nar)
Replied by Vyth Nar (Vyth Nar) on topic March Event Highlights
And seconded

-Vyth Nar Malina' Lokion-

(OOG Jeff Mclean)
15 Mar 2011 16:46 #27 by Father Lighthammer (Father Lighthammer)
Replied by Father Lighthammer (Father Lighthammer) on topic March Event Highlights
Giving out cookies to people in the Inn after main mod, and the epic mass producing of cookies behind the scenes was awesome.

OOG: Walter Cahill (The Second Wally)

IG: Father Amalric Lighthammer, Priest of Galladell
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
15 Mar 2011 17:58 #28 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic March Event Highlights

Giving out cookies to people in the Inn after main mod, and the epic mass producing of cookies behind the scenes was awesome.

So glad Kwildar didn't see that. >.>

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
15 Mar 2011 19:14 #29 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
I am glad Kwildar didn't see that either...
then he wouldn't have been in any condition to try and cheer up Oren after  the post main mod stuff in the monastery...
and everyone would have three people to be worried about that shortly after main mod...

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
15 Mar 2011 19:29 #30 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic March Event Highlights
It was really great seeing everyone and getting such a warm welcome back.  I look forward to returning in June, possibly even May, and can't wait to continue playing again on a more continuous basis.  My main highlight was getting to play Zasha again and actually having fun doing so, coupled with my RP with Tori as Angelica.  And here I thought I'd gotten through an event without crying as Elawyn, when Tori shows up with her big eyes welling up with tears.  Broke my heart, and led to some great RP with her, Cinder, and Corteccia on responsibility and tough choices.  I saw a lot of great subtle roleplay this event, and was pretty impressed.  Special thanks to Ashley, Maxine, Jen W., Frank, Clark, Mike Janus, Mike Smith, Larry and Matt White for some of those, among others.

Thank you everyone for such a great weekend – see you all in a couple months!

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds