April Alt Highlights

24 Apr 2011 17:37 - 24 Apr 2011 17:41 #1 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
April Alt Highlights was created by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
Highlights-
Roleplaying with everyone as Rex.
Having the entire town split into team "Evil" and "Good", quotation marks very much needed.
The entirely improvised and awesome main mod.

So many more good things, naming them all would be incredibly time consuming, and would stop me from getting some much needed sleep. Just had a great time, and I don't think there was a single lowlight.

Thanks to everyone who PC'ed, NPC'ed, and Administrated the alt event.

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
Last edit: 24 Apr 2011 17:41 by .
24 Apr 2011 20:09 #2 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic April Alt Highlights
Highlights:

Evil Mass- I was surprised at how many people came out to it. But it was a lot of fun giving evil mass and giving the benefit of mass. Matt and I baptized 3 people to Agaura by torturing someone.  Evil Mass consisted of Torture, Brie & crackers and Chocolate covered pretzels. Agauran alter consisted of Tori... and Tori... Thank you everyone that came out to it, it was fantastic and Definitely my favorite part of the weekend.

Going for a long walk with Matt who was showing me the new paths and trails and mod sites. Finding the "Secret Gaian Alter" and the Corrupted Gaian Alter. Finding the Chapel and debating having evil mass there- but we settled on having mass in the monetary cause it was raining at the time.

NPCing and giving a group of Hobbits and good guys dysentery. "You're party has died of dysentery." "Crap I didn't know I was playing that game!"

Post Evil Mass realizing what a tear that I made in the town. When my parishioners and I were stopped and accused of torture and murder and we all denied it and Emerson did his best to put a bandaid on it.

About 20 minutes into Emerson's negotiations I walked right up to the inn and went inside the door they were blocking us all from to get mine and another cloak.

(Hearing someone scream down stairs)"Find someone with Contact Solution I cried out my contact!""
(Me replying)"I have some!"
"Awesome!"

Message me if you were one of the 3 people that asked for that Zucchini Bread Recipe or if you just want it.

Actually getting a portrait of my hobgoblin done that I like and will be buying next event.

Thank you Samantha- Merica for lending me a wig and cape. They really made the difference.

Low Light:

Finding out the green make up that we bought really didn't like sticking to my skin. And then the rain did not help with the make up. I have a new level of respect for players that wear make up every event like that. Little insane! Oh green make up running into my eye rather sucked. But the $1 no name brand eye shadow and lipstick I picked up lasted longer then the stuff I regularly use from a high name brand.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
25 Apr 2011 01:53 #3 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic April Alt Highlights
Before game:
-"Mars, you're the cutest Dwarf ever!" Apparently braids make me cute?

Lay-on:
Sunday Night: 'What the 'ell is a ghoul!?' *paralyzing strike* (Me: Man, I hate having to be clueless.)

-Yay anvil/forge!  Complimented on my smith RP. Hammering rivets, used a dagger to work leather, pretended I was 'knitting' chainmail. I don't know if this is actually accurate, but all seemed right anyways. Also, the numbers involved with smithing= WOW. Thanks so much for the cheat sheet Geoff. I would have been completely lost without it .

Saturday:

-Forgot how frustrating it is to not learn things first hand. Glad most were willing to let me in on plot.

-Trying to do what could be done for the Echos that could interact with the people and sometimes getting a good reaction from it. Fighting 'Lucien the pole-axe wielding shadow' almost every time X.x (I'm sorry dear, I don't know your name off the top of my head)  It was a lot of fun people just surprised about the amount of damage the armor I was wearing took before I could be dropped.

-Tulsi suiting up and getting ready to roll 'team evil' on her own after they killed Offkey (sp?). Tulsi made a personal promise to protect the two kitta since she felt it was her fault they died to one of the shadows. Also, there were too many people upstairs who could get rolled if the bad guys had made it in with strong numbers. (Of course, this would have gone horribly wrong after I got hit with more than one spell and Tulsi knew it). Realizing a treaty was made and that it'd be dishonorable to do so. Still wanted to save the pretty sword from Ann's Hobgoblin though.

-Being offered a seat at the head table and being completely panicked when Nicodemus sat next to me. Expecting shadows and soul harvesting all over the place. Especially after I learned the tablet had Dwarven script on it.

-"12 STRENGTH, 12 STRENGTH, 12 STRENGTH". Waiting in the field for about two hours? for the lights to appear. Listening to the tales of the old Hobbit gods and the Ancient Dwarfs courtesy of Braxel (sp?)

-When the lights appeared, Nicodemus and the Mayor were waiting for us. After some talking, Tulsi finally convinced Nicodemus and the Mayor to let 'team good' escape by properly explaining Galladell in a way a Dwarf understood his work. Running around the maze forever. Getting cut off from the group by the Crimson Company and dealing with a bit of chaos. Finally finding the entrance but not going in till I was sure everyone who was about in the maze of death escaped.

-Meeting Gideon Weaveforger, Tulsi's goal for visiting Travance and practically cuddling all his pretty armor and things.

Ilana:

-Made friends with Peter the wildmage, listened to crazy Rift story, sat around with the 'new' travelers and hung out till late.

-Glaring at 'Artemis' from across the room and couldn't wait to drop him. At the time of the killing blow Ilana: "Wait, guys, you really shouldn't do that. No, seriously, stop it. Guys we shouldn't-"  "Killing Blow 5"  Chris: "50 feet, 50 negative damage"   "....Told you we shouldn't have done that"

-Hung out with Lucas and helped him find a teachers for stuff.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
26 Apr 2011 21:49 #4 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic April Alt Highlights
Before posting any actual highlights, I feel the need to point out that none of the officers of the Crimson Company were evil.

The mood was set on Friday night immediately by a creepy scream, Marybeth talking to a very dead baby, and a pack of ghouls.  It only got creepier from there.

In general, the town was creepy; between the Echoes, the Shadows, the ghouls, and the King's Men, I was on edge the whole weekend.

The mods were well designed and hooked.  There was a compelling reason that we couldn't simply explore and find everything we needed immediately on Friday night.

When I learned about the necromancer, I had to make a tough decision between honoring my obligation to Captain Valentine and fulfilling my personal hatred against dark magic.  In the end, the Captain's orders won, but not by much.

Incidentally, I found that I didn't much mind the Aguarrans.  After all, pain makes you stronger.

The standoff on the stairs after the "good guys" broke the treaty was really intense.  It was at that point that I realized that the factioning of the caravan wasn't so much a split between "good guys" and "bad guys."  It was really more like "good guys" vs. "honorable guys."  This was only reinforced when they left us for worse than dead.

As Tobar, I was sincerely frightened on behalf of Marika and Na'ar.

Lowlights include the soreness in my throat and every muscle in my body.

As a mixed blessing, my chainmail finally arrived... the day after KR.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
26 Apr 2011 22:40 #5 by Inajira (Inajira)
Replied by Inajira (Inajira) on topic April Alt Highlights
I had a great time at this event, it was the first event in years that I had no real idea of what the plot was and I got to just relax and PC.  All in all, a wonderful thing :)

Deciding to play a "Judge Dredd" style PC was pretty hilarious.  I was constantly resisting the urge to stand on the steps and scream "I AM THE LAW".

Worrying that nobody was going to play a bad guy so I could bring the hammer of the King's law on people.  Then literally 10 minutes after lay on someone casting necromancy in front of me.

I loved Emerson, Josh and Zach's representation of the leaders of the Crimson Company.  I really believed they had nothing to do with the other guys being evil...I also really didn't care.  Cohesion with dark forces, it's a law!

-Me to another PC "We follow the King's laws, and the King says necromancy is illegal.  I am going to execute that man"
-Other PC (I can't remember who) " Well, we aren't in Kormyre so we don't follow the King's laws!"
-Mayor (in the background...very loudly) "OF COURSE WE FOLLOW THE KINGS LAWS!"
-Commence execution

Paige I have no idea why our characters are never on the same side.  Next time there's an alt event, we're gonna right our characters together so we don't end up on opposite sides...again.

Jon "Well, we can't go in there and execute the dark priests/necromancers....there's more of them then us"
Me "I would rather die upholding the King's laws then live knowing that I let them be broken"
Jon "Ok, well go have fun dying then."
Me "Wait...you're not coming with me?"

Joe's NPC was so good all Friday night.  His weird cackling was so awesome.

The maze.  It was frustrating and awesome at the same time.

Telling people about the great and noble lord Phaedrus.  What a good lord he is.

Everyone in the Crimson Company doing some awesome RP when the law came to town and decided to just start killing everyone we perceived as law breakers.

-Someone up the stairs: "You call yourself a soldier of honor?"
-Me "No, madam, I call myself a soldier of the law"

Finally, to everyone I found myself at odds with this past weekend, it was all in good fun and I hope none of you take it personally!  I thought it was so awesome to sleep at night and be totally scared that you guys were gonna bust down the door and jack me up.

Angus Grumblegut
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
27 Apr 2011 01:01 #6 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic April Alt Highlights
Okay, I have only one reasonable descriptor for the entirety of this event: bat**** insane.

Allen Weuser:
I had an absolutely wonderful time serving in the Crimson Company. My superiors were inspiring, my colleagues engaging, and our enemies numerous and constant. Plenty of action to participate in, lives to save, and armor to repair. Being the only one willing to provide that last service to the greater portion of the Company *cough* was quite an honor.

Ghoul fighting was awesome, especially without getting dropped, but I had quite a scare when beset by two ghouls as I was paralyzed. Shadow fighting was, if anything, better, when I could simply freeze... then come back swinging or drag someone wounded back to the statuesque healer.

Even so, that wasn't the best part... that was using a clever trick I picked up back home to save my lieutenant and captain (twice!) from the necromancer's lightning.

As the necromancer throws random lightning at the Company...
Allen: "Intercept, Spell Grounding... Intercept, Spell Grounding... Intercept, Spell Grounding!"
Necromancer: "How do you keep doing that?!"
Allen: "Magic." (I had two trinkets and four intercepts, I promise it was legit.)

My apologies to the Captain for bowing to the law in Travance and for disobeying the order to stand up in the fight against the necromancer. The latter was only to remain safely where I could reach both him and the Lieutenant  His incarceration is regrettable, but necessary under the King's rule, despite his never-dishonorable character.  If I spend any further time in Travance, it will be in seeking a lawful way to exact justice for the disservices and pains dealt to him.

Further apologies to the Lieutenant, who I failed to protect from treachery. It may have been under pain of death by spell and call of shadow attack from outside, but I still apparently disobeyed an order to not leave one of the Company behind... before I knew it had been given. Since we are not to face trial, it is only appropriate that he administer his punishment as he sees fit, if I am to continue serving with him.

Also, in the inn... creepy echoes, crazy wild mage, ob*nox*ious hobbits, and watching the dark elves panic the peasant. Umbra, you made my night, no kidding.

NPC:
Shadowing - Polearm fighting. Best served while behind a shield... and not snuck up on by a thief.

Echoing - "We lost our brother Olaf! What are we to do?!" *sob sob sob ha ha ha*

Na'ar:
Picking up the knack of knife-fighting from Tobar. He's an excellent teacher... and Rion, (sp?) I swear to the fires, he told me to take opportunities! Please don't hate me? I fixed you both up pretty well, I hope.

Hiding from the True Warlock who was after the still-untouched healers. We made it out okay... but next time, I'm finding another way to protect myself than fire bombs without the magical rocks to activate them. As cool as it would be, sliding one up to the 'lock and saying, "Guess what I just put in your pocket?" is a little ineffective.

Also, looking forward to picking up a knife of my own this moon... if anyone minds helping me find the coin for something more effective than silver, I'd gladly accept an invitation to protect and heal... otherwise, I just need a smith who can work silver, and that shouldn't be too terribly difficult to find, I hope.

Yeah... pure craziness... and I loved nearly every second of it. Thanks, everyone!

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Michael P
  • Thank Yous: 0
27 Apr 2011 09:46 #7 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic April Alt Highlights
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed playing a self serving Hobbit who had a change of heart.  I came into the game as a curmudgeon who hated everyone and shortly after felt a responsibility to take care of the people far too innocent to understand what was going on.  Not the direction I saw the character shifting, but, extremely enjoyable.

Highlights:

Getting the gist of the plot early on, and getting heavily involved.  Within the first 4 hours of game the hobbits and friends were held up in a barricaded area while plans to escape were being plotted based on how people were acting towards each other.

Seeing the good vs evil conflict growing (sorry, if you are part of a dark gods human sacrifice ritual you are playing an evil character) and making the active decision to form the third party that will figure out how to get out of the cursed town.

The RP with all of the NPCs.  Watching them 'freeze up' every time paradox or items outside the ghosts timeline was introduced.  Using this to figure out the timeline of the town and what happened before we had hard proof via journal entries.  Listening to the nuances of the things that were their drive so that I knew what the important information was they were trying to sneak across to us.

Burning the journal entries so that a handful of people were the only ones able to get everyone out (and by that shouldn't be killed).  While I wouldn't do that during a primary game in fear of bogarting plot, alls fair in ALT event.

The Questions game, not only the way it dragged people out of fear and sadness but also how it became useful later on.

Druids grove RP.

Frank during the 'fae food' trap, and breaking out his monster lore via a 2nd Ed. D&D monster manual.

Protecting the tablet through feast while being hidden behind the door.  Seeing people open and close the door to the room looking for me IC.

The maze, however I wish the path didn't go through so many thorns.

Pushing the lawful characters towards the evil characters to keep both sides pre-occupied.

Convincing people that we needed to leave immediately for the edge of the town because if we took everyone, they would just try to fight their way through instead of thinking their way through.  This is followed up by hearing the combat behind me as we are half way through the maze as I was proven right. 

All in all a great event.  I sort of wish that people played their characters as balls to the wall as they do during an ALT event.

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
27 Apr 2011 14:48 #8 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic April Alt Highlights
I enjoy NPCing full time during the Alt section of the event.

Kat had way too much fun making altering the dead doll physrep.  Listening to her complaining about how hard it was to get the viscera right.

Crazy Catherine - nice job MB.

"I take my coffee black, like my heart."

"Look at the pimp priest."

Jon G trying hard to keep a straight face during Jake's antics, which included spewing purified wine on our legs.

Wally playing a vocal upholder of the law..

Gene Stern's NPC talking with me to hook the group to go to the stables, and then both of us realize we do not know where is was.

My thanks once more to Steve Oros who entertained us Sunday morning, the first hot humid one of the season.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
27 Apr 2011 20:51 #9 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic April Alt Highlights
I had so much fun this event.

Hobbit adventures go.

Eating a raw onion for sweet rp.

running around bare foot.

Pulling pranks on the mercenary group....sorry guys "what would brandobaris do?"

Being a small hobbit in a big kormyrian's world

The mods were fantastic, all the barricades and vines made the town look decrepit. It was awesome.

Getting beat up by Mr. Thornfoot for being a childish hobbit at the young adult age of 32

Also locking and unlocking doors then getting yelled at...so worth it.

Being very useful as a bard with translations and buffs.

Eating like 10-12 meals a day to properly rp hobbitness.

Telling tales of the hobbit hero Brandobaris as a bard should do.

Stealing everything, cause I mean if you leave it unattended it pretty much is begging to be taken...right...

Being one of the only chars with money.

I wish to reiterate I had a blast and cannot wait for the next one.

My last fav is frank and in the dorkiest voice "Magic Missle"

Hobbits got out first from main mod cause we take care of our own

that is all for now

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
27 Apr 2011 21:43 #10 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
Replied by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU) on topic April Alt Highlights

The mods were fantastic, all the barricades and vines made the town look decrepit. It was awesome.

Yes, I would really like to thank the people who went through the extra work of "roughing the town up" like that. It really added to immersion, especially at night.

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
28 Apr 2011 19:14 #11 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic April Alt Highlights
So...

Using basically one spell the entire...what....6 hours I played my character? The look on Liam's face was priceless, but oh the information and rp it caused....

Not dying. Thats right. Also- best spell ever! Watched people get attacked 5 times in a row while using that spell. Win.

Bringing out Mae- hearing all of the stories and the discussion of punishments in Travance.
Sunday healer mod-

*Steve shoves me awake* We need to talk.
*Me angry at being woken up* What the heck do we need to talk about?
*Goley white headbanded* Btw- you dont like him at all.
*Me* No, dont worry- Im already there.

Being soooo worried about Marika and the other healers.
Having Steve die and being relieved right up to the second I wondered how much crap we were in now that we had killed him...

Good event :)

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
01 May 2011 17:35 #12 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic April Alt Highlights

Thank you Samantha- Merica for lending me a wig and cape. They really made the difference.

Marika, but that's ok    ;D

Oh my, this was one of the best events I had

Highlights:

Alt Event:
NPC Shift:
-Ghouls, ghouls, and nothing but ghouls    :)
-Shrieking at the top of my lungs with Nadi, so fun, but my throat now feels like it's been attacked with sandpaper
-Being an Echo
"They're gonna get us, they're gonna get us all.  There's nowhere to run.  They're gonna catch you, and peel the skin from your flesh, and the flesh from your bones.  Just like they did to my mommy and daddy."

-Omg, I can't express how much I loooooooooved playing my dark elf.  Umbra was just too fun.  I loved that being bored, being uncaring and being completely selfish was completely in character for her.  What a difference from Marika
-Having Tsunami, the Nyad and I have Cherry (Eve) the naive Dryad follow us around and be our personal healer...sorry Laura!!! <3
-Finding another dark elf...I did not see that coming.  Great RP Mr. Todds!
-Getting lost with Mr. Todds trying to find the item packets that were rumored to be hidden...what do I find instead? 1gold and an incredibly soggy ten-dollar bill
-No one suspected I was in cahoots with the Nyad about overturning the Crimson Company…apparently I’m THAT discreet
-Yes, we all complained a bit about the intricacy of Main Mod, but admit it people, it was epic!  One way a dead end, forcing us to turn around, then when we go back down the same path, it’s a different route!

Sunday:
-Mae runs into the other room of the inn
“No, don’t worry, she’s not even- (sees me) WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?!?!?!”
-Tobar dragging me into hiding…I just wanted a piece of bread ;_;
-Healer plot was fun, I’ve never been so active on a Sunday before
All in all, an amazing event.  It really makes me wanna make Umbra a permanent PC…oh, the possibilities…

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.718 seconds