May 2011 highlights

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
22 May 2011 20:29 #1 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
May 2011 highlights was created by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
I missed this event due to things beyond my control.

Lowlight
1. Missed event due to work.
2. Work on Saturday sucked.
3. Got into a fight because of Saturday work.

Highlights...
1. Got to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday with her.
2. Went to Boston to see Panic at the Disco live.
3. Ate some really good lobster dinner.
4. Learned no matter how much "fun" I try to have without KR, its not the same.

Missed you guys and I hope it was a good event. See you in June... I hope.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
22 May 2011 21:00 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic May 2011 highlights
Much like Paul, I missed most of the event.  I was lucky enough to make it by for a few hours at the very end - even if it was for one NPC role, it was good to see everyone.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Tom
  • Thank Yous: 15
22 May 2011 21:24 #3 by Tom (Tomatsu)
Replied by Tom (Tomatsu) on topic May 2011 highlights
It's been a while since I wrote one of these.

First and foremost, I wanted to thank those who welcomed me back.

Highlights:

-Playing one the Ogre Magi Slayers that protected the nest at the hilltop. It was a good combat experience.
-Market faire went well, I had more fun talking to people who just came up to say hello.  :)
-Seeing old friends and making new acquaintances.
-Playing one of the zombies around 2 or so Saturday morning with the two who accompanied me. Glad we could spoke a few people  ;D
-Feast went by real well. Thank you to those who lent a hand in the kitchen.

Hope to see you sometime in the nearby future.
-

Oog-Tom Polanski
22 May 2011 22:06 #4 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic May 2011 highlights
Highlights:
*feast clean up being a lot less painless then in past months.
*presenting Gaia tree cake to lords during feast and not tripping.
*Finding out the real reason people thing I'm higher level then I actually am.
*Going on Lowbee sword mod. War or Passion... "All the Gypsy's best be taking passion!" "wait do we have healers?"
*Sword Mod- Constantly volunteering to possibly take damage so other people didn't possibly die if we couldn't figure out the riddles.
*Talking with Kwildar and breaking him with a comment about my suggestion for his Templar test
*Kwildar asking me "Ekatarina, do you love Rayven" "He is my teacher. Nothing more. Plus he smells funny." I don't think that was the answer Kwildar was looking for.

Low Lights:

*being told "10 more minutes" and ending up sitting out main mod because our low level mod was about to start any moment
*sitting at the inn bored while after dinner pre main mod went off because there was nothing to do. Good role play happened but it was boring.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
23 May 2011 03:43 #5 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic May 2011 highlights
Highlights:

1. Being part of a ring of Gypsies that seemed to think nothing was funnier than stealing Tobar's throwing knives every five seconds just for the look on his face.

2. Very good roleplay with all of the lessons I participated in as a student. Even the ones I simply listened in on were very well thought out and in-character.

3. Everyone was very friendly and patient with my newbie questions.

4. Singing pirates at feast.

5. Not dying! Woo!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
23 May 2011 09:48 - 23 May 2011 11:06 #6 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic May 2011 highlights
It was awesome being back, and feeling somewhat useful in Travance this month.  Thanks to everyone who made this event so spectacular!

Highlights:
  • Coming back to Travance in general this month.  I have missed being here so much.
  • Learning enough literacies that most people would have to poor at least 3 full levels into learning them. Yay 1 build languages!
  • Starting my chosen path of study, and realizing part way through the event I have a lot of work to do on something else before I can do that.
  • Researching for the first time!
  • Getting to go on the Malorn Tree mod, despite having 2 body and being an 8th level scholar.  This was HUGE for my character given the past things he's gotten involved in, and, once I have the official document written up IG and approved by a very specific list of IG people, it will be posted SOMEWHERE IG so everyone can learn it.
  • Sword mod, and being able to give an inspiring speech, despite having basically no voice.  Also, just the mod in general.  Thank you Wally and all NPCs who helped out on that.
  • On the car ride home realizing I will be able to learn Expert Identification, and thus Master Teach, in June instead of July like I had thought.
  • Feast was delicious! Thanks to everyone who cooked it!
  • My IG teachers.  There were a lot of you, but you all were remarkable with it.
  • Teaching. I guess there are reasons why I want to become an OOG teacher.
  • Lunch (I guess it was lunch?) in Winterdark was awesome.

Lowlights
  • Losing my voice, and flubbing a psalm verbal because of it.  The worst part was I didn't get the verbals themselves wrong, just couldn't get out the spell name.  There's one Divine Sphere of Protection I wish I could have used.
  • Realizing I'm going to be 10th level in June (people who realize why this may be a problem, you know who you are), and thus making the answer to an IG question even more important than I previously realized.  :-\

Again, thank you to everyone who made this weekend amazing!
[/list]

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
Last edit: 23 May 2011 11:06 by .
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
23 May 2011 10:39 #7 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic May 2011 highlights
Highlights:
playing the glommite priest again and once again somehow blending in with everyone else, even though I rotted the tongues out of several casters, and cut a dwarf's beard off *evil grin*

Resolving all of my lizardkin encounters with food, and even causing a raiding party to help another group to help fight off a group of elementals.

Geoff's reaction when I told him that my character opened up smith.

And getting to see all of the awesome people at KR again

Lowlights:

Never want to play something that has claws again, every time I do so I end up hitting at least one person in the groin by accident.

Spending all of Saturday with mild food poisoning, and a bruised knee.

Narrowly missing two skunks on the way home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
23 May 2011 11:38 #8 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic May 2011 highlights
WOW where to start....

Highlights
- Getting back to my other family/home that is Knight Realms!
- Thank you one & all for your help in setting up as well as braking down the
  Bloody Stump INN which by all accounts was a Bloody success!
- Seeing people take the 5 & 10 gold drinking challenge at the Stump
- Zander winning the 10 gold challenge
- Doing the 5 gold challenge & winning ....then losing ( visiting the vomit-toreum )
- Hydra on a bun whet over very very well
- Being interrogated by slightly sane Billum great RP
-Hanging out with the Barron & many other Nobles & important movers and shakers in Travance in the newest seedy INN in Travance. :)
-Great time with the Pirates...  ;D

Lowlights

-Having the spring in my step sprung (beyond sour )
-Getting lost on the way home ( Tom Tom went insane )
-Diabetes acting up
- Still not getting time to hang out with some peeps at game but seeing them here and there.

PS. Thank you Gus,Gab,Cris S,Andy if not for you our dream of the Bloody Stump would have stayed a pipe dream. You guys putt in a LOT of time $$ & effort & it was not over looked thank you much!

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
23 May 2011 12:05 #9 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic May 2011 highlights
I just had to add one highlight quote that just came to mind I forget who said it but I loved it.

NPC?: I heard that if you cut off a dwarfs' beard it'll grow back in full by Morning.
Dwarf: It doesn't even take that long! *cuts off own costume beard to reveal his own beard underneath* "See its growing back already!

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
23 May 2011 14:14 #10 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic May 2011 highlights
*cracks knuckles* All righty... Here goes a lot of stuff, in no particular order:

Experiencing Andorra's mercy pretty much right after lay on: Getting dragged out and limbs broken by a Glommite devil-y-thing, tossed to servants, screaming for help until their priest rotted my tongue, being offered to the archdevil and terrified... but deemed useless! The servants didn't want to kill me or even make me bleed, so they just left me to rot by the barracks! Then Magnus comes and finds me, and brings me inside to heal (myself and others)! If there was anyone who was smiled on that night, I have to have been among them.

Spending about a half- to an hour without a tongue, trying to inform the guards of what I knew, and make them be a little more cautious when inviting strangers into the barracks. And an extra thanks to the Baron for healing my tongue... I hoped the offer of wine later on helped make up for that.

Paperwork was fun, lots of roleplay NPC stuff, getting to act drunk was pretty hilarious. I'll have to continue doing that.

All my lessons were great: Gwynedd expressed healing with quite visible emotion, even while managing to maintain our privacy, and Lethias and Solomon were also great teachers, even when the lessons themselves arose out of incredibly silly situations. I'd actually thought I'd have to get Fate to intercede on my behalf to learn Climb and Escape... but when Solomon saw me trying to learn to climb on my own... he interceded first.

The lessons I gave were excellent, as well: Teaching teach thrice, Detect Life, and Literacy: Bedouin, the latter letting me show off a bit in Hebrew :P Each of my students was quite attentive to their lesson, and I expect each of them will find uses for their new skills, especially the teachers. I even got to help with and observe several other lessons, including Zander's main lessons for the moon.

Working with the Order full-on for the first time was excellent. The Path of Passion was the knee-jerk choice... after having taken vows to Andorra just hours before. The best parts, though, were when I led a blinded Amalthea to take our places at the pressure pad and stepped together (quite confident we were correct, thanks to a wonderfully intelligent team) to get our group through a riddle, and after goddamn Displacement saved me from a Roundhouse - Body Block from the fire construct, following Lucien to back him, Bel, and a fallen fighter up... but without the advantage of the Cloak of Shadows that Lucien had. I'm even becoming better at making the decision to potion, salve, or sparkle! It's relevant, I promise!

And speaking of which: After searching for a day and a half for an Andorran clergy member with a lot of free time, finally getting to play out an extremely lengthy ethical and allegorical discussion with Father Kwildar and Mother Ilona leading up to
Na'ar's baptism! only an hour or so after mass... no big deal... I didn't need that Mass Resist anyway... >.>

Right.

Hanging out with Gypsies and Celts is still always fun. I did not, however, get to spend enough time with my friend Derelith... but taming and releasing the children of the Tamaril the town ate at the feast and taking a walk down to the Stump before needing to flee and tell the town that the other inn was being besieged by Glommites was pretty darn cool.

The barbarian and the ogres on Sunday... Sir Lyle cutting off *my freaking arm* and tossing me a heal... and then the barbarian cutting down Carlotta before I could intervene. I really wish she'd gone after me with that Insult... because (and even with a Self-Control and a Patience to back me up, I would probably have taken the Insult eventually) I literally had *no means* of attacking her, and it wouldn't have done a damned thing. I did end up having an alternate plan of dealing with her... but I had to explain to the guards what *really* happened, before the barbarian tried to attack me, too, or Carlotta got charged with assault. I actually had a moment of panic when I realized my original plan for getting the barbarian out of the room while I gave the situation to the guards wouldn't work... why would she want another bottle of ale, when she had one literally in hand! It got better, though... Carlotta got healed, she recovered from the insult, and the barbarian got tossed out of town... and I got a lesson out of it!

Doing a *lot* of stupid wandering with only one person for company... but now I'm pretty sure I have a few more people I can trust... maybe.

Being loaded with useful things in and out of game. I got to share wine with my Gypsy friends, (who were there at the time) a good half of the Order, the Baron... I had some "insect bane" to share with the occupants of my room and a few of the Light Clergy... making sure my flask was filled with water every time I left the Inn... and I do hope the NPC's got some use out of it as well, I know I saw at least one of the aloe bottles got used.

Veggie lo-mein at feast! Well done, chefs! I had to get a second plate, but it *did* keep me going for hours after.

I feel like I might be forgetting something... what could it be... Ah well, there's always edits.

Lowlights:

Holy wow, you guys. I really wish I'd just... gone on main mod. I would totally have been back in time for the Order mod.

Thieving problems at the inn causing all sorts of IG repercussions. It really sucks that everyone's paying for this now.

Speaking of which... people have to stop leaving their weapons around... not only because of thieves, but because they promised they'd keep themselves safe. *cough*

Finally, a general thank you to everyone I interacted with at this event... I don't think I found anyone being unusually disagreeable, and I've managed to meet a lot of very friendly people, it seems. I had a lot of fun, so thanks a whole bunch ^.^

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
23 May 2011 14:28 #11 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic May 2011 highlights
I'm not sure I've ever done one of these...

Highlights...
* The Bloody Stump Inn - my hat goes off to everyone involved.  You did a superb job of bringing the idea to life, and Rudolf looks forward to enjoying a mug there from time to time.
* Getting robbed for the first time.  Rudolf got pickpocketed.  The irony was that Wally stole a Scroll of Deep Pockets.
* Alchemy Teaching Academy.  Wow, where did all these alchemists come from?!  Teaching an endless array of hermetics, herbals, and *cough* other things to a dizzying array of new faces. And it seems we now have competing schools of thought as to whether or not berry juice or peppermint should be used to flavor potions.
* The pirate songs at Feast as well as the Feast itself.  It was my first time serving Feast and that's a lot harder than it looks.  Another of my hats goes off to the folks that do that month in and month out.
* Playing part of an unruly mob of farmers chanting "What do we want?" "DEAD DROW!" "When do we want it?" "RIGHT NOW!" and having Drak'nar walk up behind us and Cinder show up on the other side.  "Hoss, they done got us surrounded!  Run for it!"
* Later playing the same hapless bunch of hick farmers and running through the main battle near the inn screaming our fool heads off and getting waylaid by Lethias Von Ritter.  "Hey, I don't know what's wrong with him, but I just wasn't sure, so I knocked him out."
* Ming's rickshaw-by crossbowing of Sir Tirsen Crestingstar.
* Finally becoming a scholar (Yay, more giant sink holes of build!). Having Belechand recommend the arcane tradition and Father Haroldson disagreeing and saying that the divine tradition was best.
* Blessedly avoiding the rain the entire weekend and not getting soaked once.

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
23 May 2011 14:33 #12 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic May 2011 highlights

* Finally becoming a scholar (Yay, more giant sink holes of build!). Having Belechand recommend the arcane tradition and Father Haroldson disagreeing and saying that the divine tradition was best.

*Cough* Belegchand sticks by his recommendation  ::)

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
  • Rannick
  • By the Sword - Live and Die
  • Thank Yous: 0
23 May 2011 14:57 - 24 May 2011 20:17 #13 by Rannick (Rannick)
Replied by Rannick (Rannick) on topic May 2011 highlights
Impending changes in my professional life may make this most recent event my last.  That said, it was a fantastic one.

I really enjoyed talking history with Charley and Ellowyn's player before lay-on.  Thanks for the good conversation!

I'm very glad so many people came out to visit Ming Na's new tavern, the Bloody Stump.  It was a pleasure cooking for all those of you who did, and I hope you enjoyed the food.  By all accounts, it'll be even more exotic and fantastical next time.  I have a few memorable moments from the Stump ...

*The alligator sausage was absolutely delicious.  Thank you, Dan Gill!

*Captain Sleafus and his crew really gave the Stump the color it needed.  It was awesome hanging out with you guys.  You really added a lot to the place.  Thanks for coming!

*I finally figured out how to properly cook bacon!  The way I like it, at least.

It was a great honor to portray the Dragoon King again.  Many thanks to Professor Cypher, Ming Na, and the White Lotus Trading Company for providing refreshments at the strategy meeting Friday night, and congratulations to those who accompanied Nimfear on his mission Saturday.  I have a few highlights from that ...

*When the werewolves howled and the Witchhunters charged right at them, it made me shiver.  That was a very iconic moment.

*When Nimfear ordered the Dragoons to flank the werewolves and finish them off, I heard Sorel say, "Right, clear the rack."  I thought to myself, "Ah, good.  They have a name for this tactic.  Excellent."

*Captain Sleafus and his crew came along on this one, too, showing that they are not just hilarious caricatures - they're BAD-ASS hilarious caricatures!

*Billiam and his Freemen were most impressive.  Their courage, eagerness, and initiative on the battlefield was nothing less than heroic.  When they and Barak Tellinghast executed the strategy to bring down the enemy's circle, they did so perfectly.  Then I saw them line up BEHIND the enemy battle-line and pause for a moment, and I could do nothing but smile at the glorious massacre I knew would follow.

*When Ellowyn was sucked into one of the traps and Edrick readily followed, I knew the force would suffer the loss of those two, but it was still a very touching moment.

*I truly enjoyed the back-and-forth with Paige playing Rianna, the corrupted druidess at the end.  She did a wonderful job making the mission more than simply taking an objective - her investment in the role and spirited portrayal made it a personal struggle between two ancient forces that were once good friends.

*Whoever it was that played Star Leaf Timmoran did a fantastic job, too.  He played a fey creature to a T, and the way he handled the end was really touching.

*The role-play at the end of the battle was a lot of fun for me, especially because so many of the players came up to me to share their personal exploits in the fight.  I knew we had done a good job putting this mod together, because everyone seemed to have his or her own Crowning Moment of Heroism.  For the record, all the PCs fought like they meant it.  It was refreshing to see so much passion in the battle.

*To the NPCs of that battle: thank you for making it a proper challenge.  You are the unsung heroes of every mod - none of the fun and enjoyment the PCs get out of this kind of thing is possible without you.

*To the moderators: Bob, Chris, and Goose.  The setup was amazing, the plan was good, and thank you for the opportunity to go out on this high note.  I hope I can come back to Knight Realms, but if I cannot, working with you has been the most fun I have had at a LARP in a long, long time.  I always get a big kick out of playing Nimfear, and this has been my favorite time doing so to date.  Thank you again.

*Overall, I was really impressed with how organized the PC force was.  Moving and operating in small battle groups like that made it easily to conduct various battlefield maneuvers.  I hope the PCs keep up this kind of tactical savvy.

... I guess that's all I have.  My best wishes to everyone - if I don't see you again, it has been a blast.

--R--
--Andy--

Those who draw a line between the soldier and the scholar will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools.
Last edit: 24 May 2011 20:17 by .
  • RashaVonMorrgan
  • "Do you have to attatch the word Mookly to it?"
23 May 2011 16:21 #14 by RashaVonMorrgan (RashaVonMorgan)
Replied by RashaVonMorrgan (RashaVonMorgan) on topic May 2011 highlights
Wow alot of stuff happened this weekend.

Highlights:
-Many old faces coming out of the woodwork at once! Like the darling Aleric Darkheart :)
-I learned a fantastic deal over the weekend. I can't wait till the next event I can go to so I can put my new skills to the test!
-Also got to do a test run for a new outfit that will be coming soon. Turns out the sun didn't murderbear me as hard as I thought it would.
-Lots and lots of good RP! You were all playing wonderfully :)
-Coast Havenites...Everywhere...
-Yummy Market Faire food
-My PC is soon to be a part of something big (WOOHOO)

Lowlights:
-Occasional rain, wasn't too bad on and off but it did get tiresome
-Nothing to do for main mod...
-Dunkin Donuts was closed when we left camp ;.;
-Long car ride home/having to work the next day

Ch1: Rasha Von Morrgan
Ch2: Oska Menos

Obbit?

(OOG: Hazel Hosler)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
23 May 2011 16:24 #15 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic May 2011 highlights
Wow.  So much Awesome.

Highlights:

- The Bloody Stump.    Dan and Gabe and everyone else who toiled with us and stuck it out,  thank you for helping make our dream a reality.  It was far more successful than we anticipated,  but we plan on bringing  even more decadence and interesting things for the weeklong.

-RP  with Elawyn and Master  Shen.  It was fun and incredible.  Thank you for helping  me understand a bit more what it means to be me on the path I've chosen.

-Myself, Toravisu, and Father Oakroot finding the Malycapus Egg and leading the Baron and others to the Malycites and arrest them.

-Hosting the party for the Dragoon King.  I hope all of you enjoyed yourselves as much as  I did.  

-Tons of other stuff that i'm sure i'll remember later when I catch up from exhaustion.

Lowlights:

Silly rain and mud.  I need to get new shoes.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
24 May 2011 00:26 #16 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May 2011 highlights
A bow and tip of my hat to Joe, Marybeth, Jeff, and the rest of their crew.  From makeup to casting, the main plot was interesting.  I particularly like the way Joe portrayed the Archdevil, with an unhurried ponderance that suited the situation well.  

I really like the little rp based NPC situations that come out.  Last month it was settling a dispute of damages caused by an accident - this month it was helping a couple elope.  I cannot speak for Steve Oros, but I had a wonderful time.  Tory and whomever played Farmer Cranberry were wonderful, and When Aleister happened to have some sort of cranberry based desert, perfect.

Some one on one RP with an NPC played by Steve Oros was splendid.  He arrived when I was playing a game of chess and mentioned he had a personal matter to discuss with me.  I asked if he minded waiting a minute and announced a mate in two moves.  Sometimes things break right.

Several excellent RP scenes with Goose and Kyle as Archbishop and secretary.  I believe the lesson that power comes with other limitations has sunk in deeply.  Excellent RP with Shane (Seamus the Sane) as well.  I practiced a lot with a sword before that, Shane.

Resussitated Angel, and put a hard question to her.  

Made my first Ceremonial Psalm/Scroll

Going to be some interesting conversations with Ming Na, Barak, and the Baron.  I have been acting much more diplomatically lately, but sometimes it is hard not to solve a problem with a "fine adjustment tool."

Pig playing the Soothsayer like a cross between the evil Emperor and looking like Yoda.

In cae no one  has noticed, my highlights are mostly RP

A truly wonderful Mass/Picnic organized by Jackie A (Jaren Moonshadow).  

Corsair "If you see that cute succubus, tell her I'm waiting for her inside the Inn with a bottle of wine."
I am still beat, so maybe more later.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
24 May 2011 00:45 #17 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic May 2011 highlights
Finally meeting with King Nimfear was fantastic.
Liam Neary portraying the gypsy seer was spot on.  I was nothing short of impressed with that entire encounter.
Saturday late night.  Jimbob and Chris Ayala made it fantastic.  It may have been small, but it's impact was huge.
And Adam Schaeffer on Sunday.  Whenever I'm not being the Sunday mod boss, you always seem to take the reins for me.
High five to you and my new fancy cursed skull!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Oakroot
  • We all hope for happy endings... right?
  • Thank Yous: 1
24 May 2011 06:58 #18 by Oakroot (OakRoot)
Replied by Oakroot (OakRoot) on topic May 2011 highlights
Wow This was an A+++ event!
Highlights
-Being dominated along with Kamen in the very beginning of the event was something I didn't expect and was actually kind of fun... >.>
-Getting to hang out with Elawyn a lot! Good to have my teacher back!  ;D
-Meeting Lucas was strangely refreshing I hope he sticks around for a while.
-Letting Shiku be happy for knocking me out like a boss! Love the new players.
-Loads of RP with Miso, Oren, and Typhon is never a bad thing.
-Making Typhon's event with a simple gift hope it serves him well.
-Being genuinely surprised to find out my back story plot was starting up....
-Um.... Watermelons?  :P
-Treasure hunt turning into an Malycite Egg hunt....
-DRUIDS SO MANY DRUIDS! <3
-NPC shift was nice Playing an Archer was different.
-Saving the world was so awesome! I had a Blast!
-Waking up to Elawyn, Erdrick, Sir Crestingstar, Klieden, Rose, and Sir Collin Outside my cabin
"Where have you been"
"Hibernating?"
Lowlights-
-Puddles we a little annoying but not to bad
-NPCing during the mini Druid Mod...  ::)
-Leaving on Sunday...

Brinden Oakroot
Vassal and Gaurd of Kaladonia
Student and Squire of Lady Elawyn Brightstar
Follower of Chronicler and Son of Arawyn
*OOG*
*Clark Livengood*
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
24 May 2011 07:26 #19 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic May 2011 highlights
Highlights -

So much interpersonal roleplay for Kwildar this event.

Certain facts about himself finally planting themselves as truths in his mind (Before this event, I don't know if Kwildar ever truly believed that he was doing good works)

The opening attack, and the dramatic moment as Kwildar's broken body was finally brought through the door. I glanced up to Frank's face as Kwildar's breathing stopped, and saw truly the most sadness I've ever seen on his face in the eight years I've been roleplaying with him.

Reanimation -- Brendan made this for me. ("Malcolm, convulse suddenly.")

Kwildar + no filter was hilarious from an internal monologue standpoint. "Is your real name 'Loud mouthed blaggart?'"

Everyone checking if _I_ was alright each time Kwildar had a coughing fit.

NPC shift was wondrous.  Thank you Randy and Liz for really making that for me. :-)

Charna.  Above everything else, you were a highlight for me.  No words can describe the amount of absolute amazing that you possess.  I was in an immense amount of pain, and highly embarrassed, yet due to you I could laugh about it all... And that very much includes us overhearing two players of archers discussing the tensile and technical merits of the different materials arrow shafts could be made from, while eating sausage.

More Andorrans!

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
24 May 2011 09:11 #20 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic May 2011 highlights
First off, thank you everyone for the congradulations and the welcome back.  Its good to see everyone, and its good to just be home again with no thought of leaving anytime in the near future. 

Some highlights:

Of course spending time with and teaching the Druids, particularly Oakroot, Kleiden, Rose, Collin and Douglas.  Also, the sheer number of PCs that came up to Elawyn asking permission for Druid-related learning took me back a little bit.  Roleplaying Elawyn's uneasiness of being back in Travance indefinitely after travelling for so long balanced with the need for her to take on a firmer leadership position due to various events this weekend made for one conflicted character by Feast time, although being forced to take a cold shower due to no hot water in the Kaladonia bathhouse may have factored into the melancholy feeling.  Thank you also Maxine for one of the best back massages ever - you should really get paid for such things!

Finally meeting or spending more quality time with "newer" PCs I've heard so many good things about out of game was also a big highlight for me.  Amalthea and Cypher stick out in this regard, and I really enjoyed my interactions with both. 

Pirates at Feast, enough said I believe.

The Mallorn Tree mod into Terrafass was certainly a highlight, despite its incredibly late start. Everyone did a great job roleplay wise, and the mod itself was certainly a lot of fun, even though I did take myself out of play for a good portion of it due to my "Vardamis moment" of touching the trap.  At first I was a little worried I just screwed myself (and therefore the entire mission) by leaving the mod site, but as soon as I realized I was in the second circle, it was like I hit the jackpot, since I knew the town would be there eventually.  Of course the fact that Erdrick decided to follow El against all better judgement was also kind of hilarious, since I seemed to be doing just fine.  I didn't get taught any lessons about never touching things again, since my back and forth with Paige as the Corrupted Druidess was some of the best villain banter I've ever had, and she really held her own playing a complex character that really made Elawyn think and care.  Whereas someone else could have just played a standard evil witch of a character with no depth (and to be honest that was what I was expecting before going on the mod), Paige's interpretation seemed spot on with what I knew lore-wise of the character, and I enjoyed that after a time our roles were switched, and instead of me being trapped as she tried to tempt me to the pleasures of the darkside, I followed her around in the battle, doing my best to try to remind her of the good she once was.  Her death ended up being very heartbreaking, even as it occurred on the birth of the Mallorn of the Tree.  The RP with Andy S. as Nimfear in this regard was also subtle and exceptional.

Also, telling everyone their tag skills got refreshed was a very satisfying moment.

Other than that, despite slow starts, confusing occurances, and a lot of time just sitting and talking to people, I am left with a feeling after this event that I haven't felt, and haven't been able to let myself feel, for a long time – I cannot wait for next event, and I am glad its only a week or so away.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
24 May 2011 09:27 #21 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic May 2011 highlights
Pretty good event all around for me, even though I had to leave early Sunday morning to go to work.

-NPC shift Friday night was pretty epic. I had a lot of fun, especially as the bone golem. Seeing Magnus' face when I told him Lore: Undead didn't work was priceless.

-Coming in as Winks later that night and people telling him he missed all the fun. Then finding out what had been going on and deciding he was ok with missing it.

-Learning Yado from Toravisu and Samuel the pirate.

-The return of my goblin balls!

-The dryad encounter with Elawyn, was just a whole lot of excellent roleplay and I was so happy to be a part of it.

-Telling Paetros there are now goblin bards in my clan singing songs about him.

-Lots of great roleplay with everyone in Drega'Mire, as always.

See everyone in just over a week!

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
24 May 2011 10:10 #22 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic May 2011 highlights
-Doing my best to stay and research but then everyone else ordering me around. At one point I literally needed to be in three different places at once to get everything done that needed to be. I tried getting other scholars to do it but apparently they were getting pulled away too. It was very stressing, too much was going on at once for a change. A lot of information was missed :/

-Meeting three fae in one event. Helping Corsair out for a bit, meeting a Malorn (sp?) tree named Starleaf , and then Spring's rather cryptic message about wild mages. So many fae O.o

-Paying for Byron to show up to the event so I could just hang out with Aleric/Aahz. However, this never occurred, I barely saw him. It kind of solidified how much Ilana's work has changed the past 3 years. For better or worse I have no idea. Though, I'm still glad he had a great time ^_^

Sunday Morning (?):
-I literally had just taken off my boots to get them to dry little bit when I hear this weird high pitch scream outside. Snagging Ilona's boots so I could get down the stairs faster, I see some weird apparition thing. Everyone follows it into a cave. Bad things happen. Crazy psion that should not exist starts to reanimate itself. Worse things happen. Everyone might be a bit crazy now, but at least you didn't get the short straw anyone, right right? Oh, well, let's check Lucas first and maybe its not so bad and I can check the oth- No, no... Lucas needs help now.'  Thanks a lot Chris A. and Jimbob, you just made Ilana's life this much more difficult with all the insanities to be fixed. Jerks.  [size=6pt]Ok, maybe I still <3 you guys. Seriously though.[/size]

-First looking for Kwildar, giving up on that and telling those awake 'Ok, we need to drop him'. Everyone seemed ready but when I set it up... Kwildar is the only one to approach. I tell Kwildar 'no, go back, he's just going to resist it' to only have him come back a minute later and have exactly what I said would happen, happen. Seriously guys? So, now Lucas is trying to leave the inn and I get in his way and almost get dropped (Oh right, no armor, duh.). FINALLY everyone listens and helps me put him down so I can fix his head.

-Sunday puzzle/fight mod was awesome Adam, this whole 'green sorcery' thing has always been something Ilana's been interested in and now there's tons of crazy stuff involving them. Can't wait to see the 'conclusion' ^__^

-Following around Lucas so he didn't go on a rampage led to some interesting encounters. Also, everyone was particularly... annoying this Sunday. Lucas went through those mental defenses pretty fast ._.  When he finally picked a target I was surprised at just how many people have flash/dazing skills. He was blinded so fast. The look on Zander's face when I took the quick option and incinerated Lucas to heal him and stop the frenzy was priceless (thank you Jimbob). Ilana hates it when people realize how (as he put it) 'terrifying' she can be, but Marcella kinda loves it a little.
----

So... for 'The Week in the Life' can I just have someone drag Ilana to Mass (possibly read: knock out and carry to) at the right time. I really miss going to Mass, I love the RP. Then, just tie her up in the Bloody Stump so she actually sits down and relaxes, ok? That'd be hilarious but so required X.x

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
24 May 2011 10:36 - 24 May 2011 18:46 #23 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic May 2011 highlights
Highlights
+Arriving in Travance and feeling very out of place as the whole place went to hell. Typhon had just gotten back from a very relaxing trip to the North and returned to Travance because he felt needed and then realized he could do nothing to do.

+Meeting the Spirit of Spring

+Playing Idiots in the Bar while the Glommites were attacking.

+Realizing that Typhon was baptized one year ago.

+Druid Katamari conversation. It got to the point that even when we stopped moving Druids kept joining us. Talking about he new land system and learning the future of Kaladonia

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
Last edit: 24 May 2011 18:46 by .
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
24 May 2011 11:27 #24 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic May 2011 highlights
Definitly a fun event and exactly what I needed after an incredibly trying 2 weeks leading up to it...

Highlights:

+ First and foremost, the fog was perfect and set the mood and feeling of dread and anxiety the PCs were supposed to be feeling.

+ NPCing first shift as a stitched and apparently terrifying several PCs in my fanatical Glommite fury. Then, playing Gol'gath, Lt. of New Gaaldron and having some interesting RP with Germaine and Collin in pursuit of a slippery dark dwarf.

+ Returning from my NPC shift as Seámus, only to realize I missed the initial Glommite incursion, only to be horridly upset (being a good little Galladellite). Thus blowing my Incapacitate on the very first enemy I see (a stitched) and the NPC saying it literally fell apart at the seams. It was quite satisfying.

+ Early morning patrol and training with Magnus, Oren and Elric, despite it being my last patrol as a town guard.

+ Being informed by Archbishop LaBelle of the new path he would like Seámus to pursue as a church guard.

+ Mass/Picnic was good. Gave me an excuse to dole out the remaining fruffles from market faire and they seemed to be a welcom addition.

+ The pirate shanties during feast. Well done lads.

+ Both the gate closing mod and the large battle outside the Inn after feast were well done and gave me a lot of oppurtuinity to fight, making up for my inability to do so more last event.

+ Early morning RP with Father Edwin in the morning, along with several others at the Inn.

+ Got to teach several skills to folks as well as learn one I have desperately needed.

Lowlights:

- Finding out that my boots are no longer waterproof in the middle of the night Friday...

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
24 May 2011 14:36 #25 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Oh, dear me, I forgot one of the coolest highlights for me.

While dead, and laying upstairs, Angel as Ilona walks in and begins crying over me, placing the remains of Kwildar's holy symbol which was smashed as he died on me.  Such immense symbolism there.  Love you Angel, and it was a great moment, I'm just sorry that I couldn't keep a straight face afterward. >.>

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
24 May 2011 18:39 #26 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic May 2011 highlights
Highlights:
-Awesome time NPCing on Friday, being a stitched was so much fun.  
-Waking up to Seamus having a "nightmare" and RPing talking to him and calming him down.
-Had a wonderful breakfast at the Bloody Stump.
-Selling yummy, yummy muffins at market fare.  More people need to buy some.
-Now being a member of the merchants guild and not having to pay taxes.
-Having Ekaterina drag me with her when she rushed to the monistary and seeing a dead girl out of the corner of my eye for the rest of the day was fun.
-Having to memorize the oath to take the maelstrom and not having any luck with it.  Then having Belegchand hand me a scroll of memorization, yay for loop holes!!
-Going on the order mod and choosing to be the healer to go on the war path.  Then being the last one standing when Utgar had to attack us, yay I can fight!!
-Having a soak against fire when going for a fire blade is a good thing, end of statement.
-Now carrying the maelstrom, now just have to learn how to fight with a sword.
-fending off lizardkin with muffins.  ;D
-having a short fighting lesson with Seamus on Sunday, he tried to teach me how to fight with a sword.

Lowlights:
-My boots are still drying.  ::)
-Having to leave.
-Not getting home till midnight.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
  • Michael P
24 May 2011 18:50 #27 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic May 2011 highlights
I don't do these often, but here are some of my event highlights:

Gypsy plot, and being able to give my left eye for the good of the kumpanias.

The succubus.  Great RP of somewhere between evil and teasing.  Triggered some of my 'ex girlfriend' senses, so you definitely got the crazy RP down pat.

Coming back from a module that involves my back story, exhausted, just to have the Incubus point me out of the crowd as what he wants for payment.  Some attempted trickery, some screaming, and the next thing you know I am sans a second eye.  At least this one was only for a few minutes instead of a day.

Feast and the entertainment was fantastic.  It actually felt like the 'rowdy dwarven bar' that most D&D games seem to start in.

Getting my eye back just in time to work with Billium, Tobar, Marcos, and Merica to be an extremely efficient flanking team.  Something about sneaking behind enemies, striking, and trying to remove yourself before the crowd turns on you.

And despite everyone elses view... I LOVED THE MUD.  I know of at least three times I ended up scrambling through the mud after someone I was chasing down.  The feel of dirt under the fingers, mud across your cheek, and fighting to catch up with someone made most of the combats more realistic to me.

Seeing the failure of the ritual overseen by the Dutchess.  I wish more people could have seen the scenario to understand what was going on, but I am happy that I got to be one of them.

Seeing people get dropped regularly.  Given the power level of the NPCs I was happy to see that a lot of people that I RP with not only count their hits when they take a shot, but also understand that you can't/aren't supposed to win every single fight.  It makes victory that much sweeter when you do succeed.

Sadly, chances are good I won't be at the 5 day event... so here's to seeing you all later!

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
24 May 2011 19:00 #28 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic May 2011 highlights
Oryx:  "I'm going to go out on a limb here..."

Light Mass/Picnic

RP with Edwin and Kwildar learning new skills.
RP with Kwildar, and the threats that ensued.

Feast, along with Ralph and crew singing.

Shen's apology for blowing all my Resists in my staff, followed promptly by the fight with Sam and Jeb, and starting to truly fear wild mages and your everyday farmer.  Judge, Mitts, RP with you guys is always stellar.  Thank you.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
25 May 2011 01:24 #29 by LStarling (Kwildar)

RP with Kwildar, and the threats that ensued.

And we all wondered why Kwildar hasn't gotten a lesson from Rayven in two years. >.>

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
26 May 2011 11:37 #30 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic May 2011 highlights

And despite everyone elses view... I LOVED THE MUD.  I know of at least three times I ended up scrambling through the mud after someone I was chasing down.  The feel of dirt under the fingers, mud across your cheek, and fighting to catch up with someone made most of the combats more realistic to me.

This. Absolutely this. If for no reason other than I would have sustained some pretty serious injuries at various points throughout the weekend if the entire camp hadn't been transformed into a Slip 'n Slide.

Having planned on playing Erim for at least most of the weekend, I was slightly miffed at first when I was ordered by multiple people to "put on on the wig". But damn, was it worth it!

Whole weekend was A+++, but especially the Witchhunter/Dragoon mod. I'd be lying if I said that all the excellent feedback I get about both Ehlena's combat skills and her personality weren't a total ego boost, especially given Erim's unpopularity.

Insane combat aside, this was probably one of the best RP weekends I've had. Got to know some great new people, deepened some relationships, and just about pooped myself when Lethias praised me out of the blue to a visiting Reign.

Prettiest Ogre In All The Land still need a husband though.

Lowlight:
Immediately after throwing away one of my arrows because it had become structurally weak and i didn't want to hurt someone with it... another arrow that I didn't know had just been stepped on shattered in my hand and I got a palmful of fiberglass splinters. Owwwwww....

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.776 seconds