May 2011 highlights

• Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
26 May 2011 13:42 #31 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic May 2011 highlights
I had an Amazing time.  Some great rp. 

Highlights:  Arch bishop Morgan inviting Gwynedd to a meeting for clergy of the light.  Sitting with Peatros ,Aleister, Barak, Rayven and Stacy (Iam sorry I do not know your in game name) watching the boys being really silly.  Then the Howling Man  mod! 

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
26 May 2011 14:02 #32 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic May 2011 highlights
Thank you Suzi, I almost forgot.

Early morning shenanigans with Lightning weapons.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
27 May 2011 06:56 #33 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic May 2011 highlights
Even though I could only do Saturday, there were definitely some moments that stand out

*being drafted into the afternoon high level mod by Barak Tellinghast

*Getting to see the Mallorn tree planted and the defeat of the Morgazzi spirit

Finally meeting or spending more quality time with "newer" PCs I've heard so many good things about out of game was also a big highlight for me.  Amalthea and Cypher stick out in this regard, and I really enjoyed my interactions with both. 

Thanks for the shout out! I also really enjoyed our interactions, and getting a chance to branch out :)

*The sword plot was worth the wait, I loved the blindfold trust walk bit.  I also totally cried a little at the end.

Lowlight: The unfortunate circumstances leading to the wait for the lowbie plot, but I'm glad so many people stuck around for it! 

That's all for now!

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
27 May 2011 18:43 #34 by Matthias Thane (Kspigel)
Replied by Matthias Thane (Kspigel) on topic May 2011 highlights
My first KR (and second boffer larp ever)

highlights:

i rather enjoyed playing a stitched for the first night shift, and in fact all of my NPC duty. screaming "come at me, you're heads won't bash themselves" was pretty fun.
i also got to beg on my hands and knees in the empty in at around 5am, that was fun injuries and all.

there was a moment when a fellow approached me selling essence and while I was overlooking his wares he was arrested, and i slipped the essences into my pocket, that was amazing.

the fog and the mud in general, despite the fact that i didn't have a stitch of dry clothing all weekend, vanishing into the mist my feathers and cloak fluttering behind me was incredibly rewarding and i managed to avoid nearly every combat by hiding in the treeline.

starting up a business and acquiring an apprentice off the bat, i feel like i've done a lot for my first weekend.

waking up in my tent with what i can only assume is a wood sprite rifling through my belongings.

low points: getting horribly sick Saturday night.

i was honestly not a fan of the newbie mood, much as it was nice to be wandering around in the dark, there wasn't much room for role play, it was mostly just combat, and i am not a combat character.

the trade fair was a little lite on customers, despite the fact that i did well, i was expecting more people (although it was a pretty nasty weekend weather wise)

and of  course the ride home. ditching the accent took me two days, how hard will it be to stop talking like a turn of the (20th) century yankee when i do it for a five day stint?

the good certainly far outweighs the bad. and the drive-by rickshawing was truly epic.

OOG: Kalman Spigel
28 May 2011 03:49 #35 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic May 2011 highlights
I'm just gonna bring up something that's been bugging me, so if I come across as a jerk, sorry, I am one sometimes.

Every couple years a nasty trend develops of people posting "lowlights" in the highlights thread.  When it's fluff (ie, "OMG I was so sad it ended, I want to play KR forevaaaaaaar!") it's fine, but when people start actually bitching about things it's in pretty poor taste.  This is supposed to be a highlights thread where people share their moments and funny stories together, not where we sit around and shit on the main mod boss for using blue glowsticks when we REALLY wish he had used green.  That type of thing is what the event recap forms are for.  And honestly, there is no way staff can read through everyone's event highlights to see if there was something that needs improving.  However, I assure you that they do read the recaps.  So if you're looking to actually improve the game with your criticisms, fill out an event recap.  If you're just looking to bitch and complain, take it somewhere else.

Sean

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
28 May 2011 11:44 #36 by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai)
Replied by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai) on topic May 2011 highlights
QFT!

Fill out the Recaps. I Assure You They're Read.

-Adam S.

I'm just gonna bring up something that's been bugging me, so if I come across as a jerk, sorry, I am one sometimes.

Every couple years a nasty trend develops of people posting "lowlights" in the highlights thread.  When it's fluff (ie, "OMG I was so sad it ended, I want to play KR forevaaaaaaar!") it's fine, but when people start actually bitching about things it's in pretty poor taste.  This is supposed to be a highlights thread where people share their moments and funny stories together, not where we sit around and [censored] on the main mod boss for using blue glowsticks when we REALLY wish he had used green.  That type of thing is what the event recap forms are for.  And honestly, there is no way staff can read through everyone's event highlights to see if there was something that needs improving.  However, I assure you that they do read the recaps.  So if you're looking to actually improve the game with your criticisms, fill out an event recap.  If you're just looking to bitch and complain, take it somewhere else.

Sean

OOG: -Adam C. Schaeffer
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
28 May 2011 13:49 #37 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic May 2011 highlights
I did forget one thing that was kind of an awesome moment in my budding Cavalier career. Sunday morning as a trio of elementals came down one path and a roving group of Lizardkin down the other, I somehow managed to get across to the Lizardkin via a mix of sign language, gestures and words "Help me fight those and I'll get you food." I cannot tell you how surprised I was to have a lizardkin militia follow me into the fight and then follow Leandra and myself back to the tent for their well-earned payment.

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
29 May 2011 03:28 #38 by Matthias Thane (Kspigel)
Replied by Matthias Thane (Kspigel) on topic May 2011 highlights
my apologies. i should have read the initial post more clearly.

OOG: Kalman Spigel
  • Ravn
  • Thank Yous: 0
29 May 2011 13:09 #39 by Ravn (Ravn)
Replied by Ravn (Ravn) on topic May 2011 highlights

I did forget one thing that was kind of an awesome moment in my budding Cavalier career. Sunday morning as a trio of elementals came down one path and a roving group of Lizardkin down the other, I somehow managed to get across to the Lizardkin via a mix of sign language, gestures and words "Help me fight those and I'll get you food." I cannot tell you how surprised I was to have a lizardkin militia follow me into the fight and then follow Leandra and myself back to the tent for their well-earned payment.

well done!! And Kodos to the "Lizardkin" for allowing the story to progress as it might.

Things like that make me wish it were Weds already!!

Rav'n~ Traveling Bard and purveyer of musical mayhem

OOG
Dave Sullivan~ Sometime visitor to other games
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
30 May 2011 17:48 #40 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic May 2011 highlights

my apologies. i should have read the initial post more clearly.

Hi! Would you mind adding your name to your signature for your posts so we can get to know you? Thanks!

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
21 Oct 2011 00:28 #41 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic May 2011 highlights
We survived the Rapture once... let's do it again!

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds