September 2011 Event Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
11 Sep 2011 12:04 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
September 2011 Event Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
It was a short event for me, but a good one nonetheless.

* Kubb!  (a.k.a. "Barbarian Mead Pong"): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubb
    (It turns out I was wrong on how to hold the sticks - they SHOULD be vertical, the person who showed me how to play was wrong.)

* First lesson in Sorcery!  RP with Ethan / Judge is always wonderful.

* The first dedicated use of Smithing Assistant.  Once you get someone helping, things move a LOT faster.

* The Wedding!  Everyone involved put forth their best, and it was wonderful all around - may this be the first IG wedding to last forever. :)

Sadly, I had to retire early and leave early for a class back in White Plains - I'll see everyone in October!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
11 Sep 2011 13:20 #2 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
I didn't go to the event but I hope everyone enjoyed the cupcakes dessert I sent up. I am still feeling the sugar high from the icing on the ones that didn't go to the event. Might have to play with that butter cream recipe a little bit.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
11 Sep 2011 17:03 #3 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Re: September 2011 Event Highlights
I don't often post highlights, but this event was both my worst and best event in recent memory.

The trial was nerve-wracking, took forever, and ultimately went about as bad for me as it possibly could have.

The resulting Ralinfolly-Day Massacre thereafter was of course extremely cathartic for me. To those of you innocents who ended up in the middle of it and were adversely affected, I sincerely apologize.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
11 Sep 2011 18:13 - 11 Sep 2011 19:35 #4 by SerenityMoonstone (SerenityMoonstone)
Replied by SerenityMoonstone (SerenityMoonstone) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Highlights:

Coast Haven entertainment at feast. Seriously, it was awesome :)

NPC Friday getting everyone intoxicated. I still say the orc should have done more damage.

Red Velvet Cake YAY!!

Hammish....just plain Hammish...do I really need to say more?

Lowlights:

Getting stabbed in the eye :( Thank you everyone for being so nice.

All of Saturday...seriously couldn't do much :(

Mosquitoes!! All of them!!

(edit) Oh yeah, and the watermelon juice that takes a long time to strain and makes a huge mess getting spoiled cause I didn't know the fridge was broken.

I think that's everything.

My name's Ahmetia Campbell and I am so happy to be here! ^_^
Last edit: 11 Sep 2011 19:35 by .
  • Hiro
  • i am the sleeping wild mage
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 Sep 2011 19:46 #5 by Hiro (Hiro)
Replied by Hiro (Hiro) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
interesting event for my first time back in nearly 2 years but hey was great fun

highlights lets see,
feast and entertainment
just being hiro again
seeing some familiar faces
new recruit to the gaurd (still need the training)
surviving ralinfolly massacre
and still being useful

low lights
the little blood suckers
the heavy head shot durning npc shift
and the ant hill i fell in

thats all for now maybe sleep time

IG: Hiro Makaza Zero

戦争は残酷である。 それを改良することを試みる使用がない。 それがより残酷なら、やがて終わる

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
OOG:Chris N
11 Sep 2011 19:48 - 12 Sep 2011 11:20 #6 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
After being away for so long, it was a pleasure to come back to such strong rpers and the characters you played.

My highs were as follows:
- I was impressed and delighted by Jack Cypher, whom at first had earned my character's enmity as a Londwyn hailing from a Lordling, when we slipped into a conversation entirely in OOG Victorian/Elizabethan Cant. To Jack, I cannot wait to talk a bit more; bene darkmens, you gentleman, and watch out for the pigs...you don't want to share tea with them. Lets find us a rug at the academy and talk a bit more about this uncle of yours.

- To the npcs whom played "One-eyed Pete" and his pupil, "Stuttering Tammy" you portrayed some of the finest level of npc driven story/plot/rp that I've ever seen. While the topics you discussed were serious, you were both light hearted at times and allowed for moments of humor and humbleness to shine through without ruining the seriousness of your cause. To the towns-folk (lower levels especially) that helped me to rally our assault on the Obsidian Raptor School, you were wonderful. Thank you for your hubris as well as your aid.

The only Low that I had was a silly little incident of possible meta-gaming wherein one individual used out of game knowledge to ruin something that took a great amount of finesse and time to accomplish. To you~ if you read this post~ I'd hope for the future that you'll be able to enjoy the game more without breaking the rules, and I'm looking forward to rping with you in the future.

As a final note, thank you staff, because without you, we'd still be sitting around the Inn smoking hookah and relaxing without a single lizardkin or goblin (or bacon pig) to trouble us.

**As a final shout-out, one of my absolute favorite moments was during feast where Gideon, sitting at another table called out to me and said "Bolton, we don't have any napkins" and then watching the look of shock on his face as Bolton the Southern Londwynian called back, "That's why you have your neighbor's sleeve!"

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 11:20 by .
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
11 Sep 2011 20:39 - 13 Sep 2011 14:08 #7 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Highlights:
SO MANY!!
-getting four new types of arrows(gold, silver, earth and crystal-thank you to the two people who gave me the things to get the earth/crystal arrows.)
-feast: the bards were awesome
-low level main mod, I finally got to use detect traps.
-opened chest and had lots of goodies.(and trapped for 25 direct body. still. worth it)
-learned gift of the predator
-learned first aid
-Got baptized to Gaia
-Apolloclypse, I'm sitting in the inn. all of a sudden the Drill Sgt of the guard bolts in with others and shouts"we must defend the inn!!" To which I reply. OK, from what? he rattles off a list 5+ creatures. 
-getting into a fight with adairis about pronouncing his name.
-became a Recruit in the Baronial Guard
-Lots more but can't mention them all

Lowlights:
Skeeters, got home and my shoulders were red polk-a-dotted. Im gonna be scratching for a week.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 13 Sep 2011 14:08 by .
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
11 Sep 2011 20:55 #8 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Wonderful event, as usual. Lots of hardcore situations unlike anything I've ever had to face.

Dragon lore lesson with Misaki... I wasn't there to learn the skill, but I was there to learn.

Friday:

Moar wolves. Singing at the forge. Meeting new people. Actually being an effective protector behind my zweihander.

NPC Shift:

First real night combat NPC in months after my knee's been feeling much better. And, of course, Vinny J. I'mna make sure that any NPC that wants to sell stuff has a merchant's license from now on.

Saturday:

Waking up reasonably on time for Market Faire and selling candy with Carlotta. We're both glad so many people enjoyed, and there will be more next month, if we can help it.

Really upset I missed the wedding... but it was for a good cause: rescuing children from Galmachian cultists with Typhon as my tracking buddy. New tactic: Ask the party if they've received critical healing before we venture out.

Literacy lesson, and doing lots of work on my personal projects, as well as comparative teaching methods.

Lots of hilarious things happening in the Inn, involving alcohol and other things. It's all good stuff.

Low-level mod was great. Staff, you did a good job in getting people where they should be, NPCs were challenging but nothing we couldn't handle. Nobles did their thing with being noble, and healers did work. Chainmail is a lovely blessing, as well. Taunting a Galmachian psion into paying attention to me by bragging about healing. Mercy by waylay. Earthen armor. All of these are good things.

Two wonderful RP conversations with a pirate and a Celt about our motives for going after the children. Both of them paid off, in different ways.

Elves and satyrs, especially with wine, should probably be mixed less often.

And then... the Apollocaust. Being protected and protecting others at the same time, being afraid for our lives, and sincerely believing that the group of nine we were with were the only living beings left in Travance... completely and utterly chilling.

Sunday:

Anticipating a lot of Focus work, but not actually needing to was nice. I'm glad that so many were willing to help repair the damage.

Lizardkin and sirens.... getting to call upon my draconic spirit for the first time... and the rage of my bloodline... and later on, my first critical attack. All in all, it's a good time to be a Celt dragoon... but it's only going to get better.

Lowlights:

Getting bitten above the eye by... something. Feeling as though my bug spray was useless after coming out of the event with about two dozen bug bites despite having laid on the spray three or four times over the weekend.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
11 Sep 2011 21:08 #9 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
I want to thank all of my NPCs, this month and last, for doing a wonderful job making my vision become reality.  I appreciate that you all took the roles I gave you, no matter how strong or how weak, with excitement and joy.  Committment like what you showed is what makes this game great!

Thank you to all the players who went above and beyond in their role-play.  The scene with Archer breaking apart Reginald's brainwashing was incredible!  Great Job!  The discussions I had with so many of you about The Path of Kagen was thoughtful and well done scenes on your part.  The torture of the Galamachan was interesting, including Father Edwin expending a willpower just to go through with the horrible things he was doing to get the information.  There are so many other scenes that come to my mind.

Low-Levels:  Wow! You guys OWNed that mod, I hope everyone got at least a share of the treasure.

High-Levels:  The incredible RP I heard about in responding the the Heralds of Death made me wish I could be in both places at once.  

Lowlights:  Small, winged Vampires sucking the life essense out of me... oh yeah, and the mosquittos :-P

-OOG Michael Smith
11 Sep 2011 21:56 #10 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
ok, if I don't get this stuff out now, I probably won't be able to. So here goes.

This was such an amazing event for me. My roleplay, and the roleplay of everyone who interacted with me in any way, felt like it went much deeper than ever before. Between dealing with the trial and its repercussions, and the Galmachian situation, Winks definitely figured things out about himself that are going to take him in almost a completely different direction than what I had originally intended for him in the long run. I'm very curious and excited to see how it develops, and thank you to everyone who had a part in it.

Now for the actual highlights...
-Just like last month, learning that Winks has a whole lot more personal and moral support from people than he ever would have believed, and some from very surprising sources.

-Meeting Lord Nigel Stormbringer. Again, wish it was under better circumstances.

-Very interesting and in-depth conversations with Ilservian while waiting to be brought in to the trial.

-Working closely with the Baron on info gathering for the Galmachian situation.

-Learning my first Mage spells, can't wait to be able to use them. And I also now have every single skill (save Staff) on Acrobat. Yay for completion!

-Scouting runs with Lethias are always fun.

-Going on high-level main mod thinking that we'll finally find the high priest who had posed as King Namez, and he still didn't show up. Winks is very upset about this. Mike expect a PM about that soon  :P
-Since my joining the game, for the events where there's a split main mod, I think this was the first time I went on the higher one. Surprisingly, I held my own incredibly well, even before calling my promo.
-Speaking of calling my promo, it was really funny, right afterwards, hearing Sorel yelling "He's so fast! Look at him go!"

-Being pulled out of bed because Drow were about, then being told there were demons too, then finding out about the Apollocaust (Apolloclypse?). Some great RP from everyone that was in the Inn throughout that ordeal.

-Goblin Jesus. That is all.

-As always, I love my students. Some great lessons throughout the weekend, culminating in IG popping out my shoulder while teaching Expert Entry/Escape.

See everyone in October!

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
11 Sep 2011 21:58 #11 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
WOW what an epic event.

To start off Friday was relatively quiet for me, atleast until around 3 am.. yay casual necromancer......

Saturday morning was very quiet thank God, but when Obsidian Raptors attack that can only last so long.

Saturday Night was absolutely insane. Sir Alleister put me in charge of the Travance forces for main mod which was great, i have a special thanks, to Archer, Mother Remi, and the leaders of each of the tribes, clans, and crews who were very respectful and helpful. Though i wish several people were more inclined to follow orders.. But all in all it went well..

UNTIL!! Apollo executed plan Ralenfolly - massacure day.. which i dont think anyone saw coming. lets just say as a casual NPC running into a random battle with casual Anti-Paladins and Time Stops being called, i was really very taken off guard.
Luckily i was able to rejoin our forces only 50 min after the battle began, and while the fighting had died down, as had most of Travance. i made it back in time for very important information to be shared.

Sunday was slow, which was well needed. Cant wait til next event.. im quite excited to see what Apollo has up his sleeve next.

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
11 Sep 2011 22:15 - 11 Sep 2011 22:18 #12 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
-Ilana missed what happened at the trial and when she heard Apollo was executed she actually felt bad considering everything. Wow, was she wrong to feel any sympathy for him.

-Hiro and a lot of old friends returned and I was really happy. It was a tiny birthday cake for Ilana. Two potential higher lists as well! I thought that would never happen, especially on the same day. Ilana's excited and ready for the trials ahead. A challenge is always accepted.

-During main mod I basically went through all my magic points on elemental/wild shields for the front line. I used up a magic gem and even a potion. Never casted so much magic during any fight. I enjoyed the last part where I was over the dead demon/devil knight's body, said a prayer for his soul, and started to cut out his heart while I consecrated him. However, fate decided he was not allowed to rest.

-Then, Ilana's tiny birthday cake was crushed into a billion pieces after having to leave Keillor behind because she had nothing to save him as she was forced to run away from the battle. Then those pieces were ground into the earth as she watched the death count rise. At least Keillor's reanimation went well or she would have genuinely cracked.

-Staying up forever just hoping to hear word from Lucas but I guess I passed out eventually. When I woke up I got myself ready, Ilana waited a bit in the room to calm herself and marched out the room determined to find Lucas' spirit. Instead, as soon as I opened the door, Lucas was standing right outside. I was genuinely shocked and Ilana almost broke into tears as she hugged him. It was like a scene in a movie.

-Germaine dying his last but Ilana slightly calmed that he died without any illness. A promised to an old friend fulfilled. That doesn't really make it better for Ilana in the long run though.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 11 Sep 2011 22:18 by .
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
11 Sep 2011 22:37 #13 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Wow.  This was a great event.  So much good RP

Highlights:  

Being the scribe for the trial of apollo was actually playing in "12 Angry Men the LARP."   Seriously though all around James, Jason, Matt, and I'm sorry player of Nigel Stormbringer... it was fantastic and high tension all the way.  I wish more could have been there the whole time but there were reasons for this obviously......  :\

Bolton.  OMG  You're a straight up cutter.  We'll melt some jink at the hole soon my friend.  Very very soon!  Londwyn RP ftw.

Talking with Apollo after the trial.  I've never tried to convey so much with so few words.

Lowlights:

Having to leave early.  It sucks.  Next time though... next time.

Also: Tiny Vampires.  Where are all the midget Von Ritters when we need them?

This is a Highlight and a Lowlight for me:  Being Apollo's executioner.  For those of you who dealt with me after it and let me vent,  thank you.  It should never be an easy thing to take someone's life and this certainly wasn't.  Rob, I am sorry,  I just hope you understand why I volunteered.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
11 Sep 2011 23:11 #14 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Thanks to all those around me who decoyed the NJ State bird.  I had very few bites.

The wonderful manner in which two Newbs, whom I will forever call "Jack & Jill" took to their many roles.  Travancian fairy tales, indeed!

Curing Jack Cypher of Amnesia, and incidentally learning Lore Londwyn in the process.

Explaining to a few nobles that I was perfectly capable of "extracting information from him (a Galmachian assassin) by using all my skills as a Church Inquisitor" and then having to deliver.  Gene was a good subject.  Thank you ALex for the gift of the SS cat whip.  The old time dental tools (Angel got what they were right off) and Satinsky clamp rounded it out.  It was one of those times that I could not make light of anything.  Very hard, and I hope I will never get used to it, even from an RP perspective.

The formal betrothal of Seamus Aisling and Luminestra.  My RP with Chris extended three months and was also conducted via PM.  It was a nice counterpoint to the torture.

Destroying a Dark scroll via Sorcery (Ardin/Norm) and a Ceremony of Undoing.  I play this ceremony as very taxing.  Goose, assisting me as the Archbishop naturally stole the scene.  Nice marshaling by Emily A.  I like the idea of RP marshals being able to handle ceremonies.  

Three interesting games of chess, one of which resulted in a draw, all of which succeeded in imparting a lesson to my opponent.

Speaking with Corbin Ralinfolly before the Apollocaust and concluding that something like that was going to occur.  One does not have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind will blow.

Feast was good.

Tired - more later?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
11 Sep 2011 23:58 #15 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
I am soooooo sore.....

That being said- It was so worth it.

Friday (ZOMG I was there!)
-The Death Harold. I killed myself trying to get to every single person to heal them as fast as possible. I think at one point I was literally repeating "Please be long enough away, please be long enough away." as I counted the 30 seconds.
-Realizing how many people had been Heal Life'd and informing the nobles
-I know I was up waaaay late- I cannot remember anything lol except talking to Shoshana and blowing up undead. SUCH a great feeling to be able to do that. Go amulets.

Saturday
-Got dressed as Adria and went to the wedding.
-Such a great wedding :)
-Bringing Coopers NPC back and Adria realizing how much she HATES children. At least non Romani children
-Sleeping before feast
-Feast!

NPC
-Having the NPCs work together. It was so great to start taking a lot of hits and then have two more NPCs arrive to help me.

Apolloclypse
-A) Totally called this one. Called the timing too.
-B) Totally vindicated myself in the constantly asking for my portal ritual in the past months until I got it done last event.
-C) Totally thought I was going to die.
-D) DIDNT DIE!!
-E) Mae found out she does care deeply about some people....who knew?

Sunday
There was a Sunday? I was not aware- I was sleepings.

GREAT event and honestly, Apollo attacking the town is just evidence of IG consequences of actions. The drow at the same time and everything else was immensely confusing but thats what Travance gets honestly. Cant wait to see what happens next!

Lowlight: Guess. You got it! Bloodsuckers. >.<

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Ainvair
  • You can trust me, I'm from Coasthaven!
12 Sep 2011 00:37 - 12 Sep 2011 06:38 #16 by Ainvair (Ainvair)
Replied by Ainvair (Ainvair) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
This was my favorite event so far as a PC, so many great things happened.

Mah Highlights:
The ritual. Somehow I knew it would blow up in our faces.
Taking to the mists of Sevenlore! Lore: Sea continues to be insanely useful for Yusef!
Helping to chase down one of the people being forced to torture by Galmachians. Made for a bit of interesting feelings for Yusef.
Just having everything I learned last event, including all my body, it made for much more pleasurable fighting experiences being able to stand up to an ogre and scream right back at it without falling over after one whack.
*Coughing fit* "Bonemeal... all up in mah throat..."
First meeting of Ostcliff, an all around excellent time!
Sargeant of the Vangaurd... way more than I ever expected for Yusef, but excellent.
Saturday Low Level mod, the ending was... distressing.
NPCing one of the big hands at main mod was a great time, I was satisfied with the terror we seemed to instill.
26 bottles of ale wth Neondro, Correl, Ishema (Spelling?) And a Saytr whose name I have forgotten because I'm great with names like that.
The Apollocaust will of course be mentioned because it stuck me to the back door for several hours until I was really just too tired to be alert. Leading into me missing Sunday entirely.
And one can never forget the entertainment. Yusef banged his mug on the table all the way through Sleafus' performance, plus the food was great!

Lowlights?
Mosquitos, of course. Ants as well. And the Stump being closed. Travance just isn't the same without the Stump.

Preator Yusef Porthos Gehnsen XVI, Esquire.
Captain of the Magnificant Bitch

May the wind be always at yer backs.

OOG: Jesse Doherty
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 06:38 by .
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
12 Sep 2011 02:16 #17 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
I rarely write event highlights but I think this event was extra special.

Trial, Terrifying. So much back and forth and evidence to go through, this plan of ours was a Year in the making and took the work of many people. Long hours, endless nights, softball games were missed and there was never milk for the coffee.

The Result was everything we hoped for, granted if we lost I don't think we would have gotten any Mana fruit or Paladin out of the deal but it was definitely a major development in our characters lives and we enjoyed every minute of it.

Also, Greg was there, all the way from California, those who don't know him he played Nigel Storm Bringer, one of the Judges on Friday and it was awesome to see him. I am happy he seemed to enjoy himself and he definitely enjoyed the pirates at the feast, I hope he graces us again some time soon as it's been a few years!

The Battle Saturday night was Awesome! After portaling out to save the healers I booked it, figuring my other two brothers were dead, I ran like Hades it's self was chasing me trying to deny them the final victory and I made it to dawn.

It was awesome. I've never in KR been on the GOOD guy side of these situations it was awesome. Running and Hiding and fighting in PvP was great. I look forward to much more of that it was exhilarating!

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
12 Sep 2011 03:17 #18 by Shoshana K (Shoshana K)
Replied by Shoshana K (Shoshana K) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
This was my first event and let me just say things were a little mad

Highlights:
- The hospitality of the Gypsies! Pietros giving me the rundown on the town over hooka and the best sheesha I've ever had.
- Playing the squishiest healer ever with no combat skills and having to run from everything. ("I'm sorry, that's an assassin of who? And the glowing thing rends your soul from your... yes, I'll be over There now. Nope, not even over here. I'm already over there!")
- Running around in the dark and being scared out of my little wits to heal people (bad night vision is a kicker at 3AM when there's barely any moon). Being followed by two spirits that need resurrecting and begging Pietros to walk me back to the Inn so I didn't die trying to do it before going to bed. ("Have fun with the creepy, creaking door!" "...Pietros!")
- Morning chocolate gift from Pietros courtesy of Bran and co. Oh my God was that tasty to wake up to.
- The Feast ("Do we sit down yet? No? Wait, yes... nnnnot yet.") and hearing some Coast Haven music - felt like home for my little Coast Havener that could.
- Being called sensible in the face of combat that was way too scary for a squishable like me, and healing everything that moved and groaned for help.
- Learning healing with Liz's character and being interrupted THREE TIMES by undead coming through the door.
- The giant civil conflict that my character came into town juuuust in time for. Being useless in the fight except to call out "I see things over here!" (Big shout out to Liz giving me her bed to sleep in for a few hours or I may have just passed out of exhaustion!) Worrying about the Caledonians and not being able to get back to the tent until dawn.
- Hammish morning on Sunday. Nuff said there. Caledonia has the most interesting people - I love those Celts :)

NPC:
- The Pig Farmer. Seeing Sorel yell "For the BACON!" and chase off the knolls. And the unfortunate pig-wrangling position me and piggy ended up in on the outside of the Inn. ( I swear, it wasn't what it looked like...)
  • Adairis
12 Sep 2011 09:35 #19 by Adairis (Adairis)
Replied by Adairis (Adairis) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
honestly  one of my favorite events that I've been to!

friday night...I am not going to the forge on fridays anymore! every time I do I get attacked by wolves or worse. other than that friday was pretty quiet atleast for me.

Saturday, waking up for a very fun npc shit of  a good mix of combat and RP, especially trading magic for truffles and then convincing everyone that they need new socks! Returning to the game just in time for a nice low level mod, killing a necromancer! later finding Ib having a bit of a conflict with some slavers, coming to help and finding TOOPOOR!!! I was like what the hell till i got knocked out but then i was woken up to him doing his toopoor thing, escaping restraints and drinking my booze haha. The low level main mod was truly great and quiet life changing for my character, it was great being effective and it led to some great rp with Seamus and Na'ar. Satyr wine with an elf and a gypsy...hilarious!

sunday, 2 am deciding to go back to Pendarven to sleep only to someone telling me very casually that people are bleeding out there, me getting the attention of everyone on and then going to save everyone...except my brother. then being told to go hide, all of pendarven sitting in a tent up by totem pole for about an hour, argueing with archer, and finally getting back around 5 am. i got lovely amounts of sleep...3 hours. Being the first ones at the cave with the siren and watching Clate going all dragony and angry at the same time was rediculous.

lowlight besides mosquitoes, it was difficult being upset about my dead brother when he decided to leave at 7am  before anyone could rez him...

all an all an amazing event, I'm sure ive missed a ton of highlight but i just woke up after sleeping for 16 hours and am still very sore.

Adairis McLaughlin
Master of the Pendarvin Armory

OOG: Kyle Royer
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
12 Sep 2011 09:52 #20 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
This was certainly an interesting event, with a number of extreme emotions going around.  Nevertheless, I saw some awesome stuff and had more fun than I've had in awhile.

Specific Highlights:

--Showing up to camp to find a building - crazy.  I was glad I showed up when I did so I could put some of the final boards up with Ron and help to clean the place out.

--Elawyn and Mixolydia getting crazy IG drunk with the pirates (and anyone else we could find) during the Trial we were trying to be no part of. Getting to hang out with Ralph and Jen and allowing Elawyn to have no filter in what she says was definitely a fun evening I don't normally allow to happen.

--While staying awake straight through Saturday mid-morning was certainly something I'm too old for these days, it definitely reminded me of my early KR nights.  The RP involved with Apollo's execution was intense, and the way Rob took control of his own death was pretty epic and even left El with bad taste in her mouth, morallly speaking.  When he didn't use a skill to get out of the situation, I was damn impressed...and knew retribution would be coming shortly. Anyone who didn't expect him to roll the town on Saturday definitely wasn't thinking clearly.

--Finally getting my answer regarding the presence of a Mallorn Tree in Valeria, plus some extra interesting info.  Looking forward to the plotline as it continues.

--Actually enjoyed my MM shift during Main Mod - good group, good people to talk to, and it really felt productive.  Having Emily to assist was great. Thank you everyone on my shift for keeping the place clean and doing such a great job!!

--And of course, playing my first "named" NPC since before I left for grad school in FL three years ago was more than just a little bit of fun.  While it meant another long night, getting to do some scary demon makeup and playing something different was something I didn't know I was missing so much. This also meant I got to see some really great RP from the other side of things than I normally am, including Adam's rituals.

--This leads me to another highlight - Misaki as a ritual sacrifice. When Sam and I realized Cy was the one taken, we both simultaneously expressed our sadness (we <3 Misaki!), but man was he awesome.  Cy not only took it like a champ, he played up Misaki's defiance in the most creative ways possible, disrupting the ritual once, and continueing to try to even with no limbs or tongue. He seriously impressed a bunch of veteran players, and I am so happy I was there to see it.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Raxas
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 14
12 Sep 2011 12:18 #21 by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar)
Replied by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Even though was a shortened event for me again i had a blast.

most memorable highlight i can think of is saturday being lured into a trap to only talk my way out of them knocking me out and possibly killing me.  was great RP and made me realize how much i am willing to give up if i were pushed to.

Friday night using change self to look like a Celt to see what kind of reactions i would get, and using a crappy celt  accent.

Also watching over the Barron for close to near 5 hours sitting at the porch of the barracks.

only thing i am a little upset about is missing the Apollo come around (would have been fun to see if he would have came after me)

OOG: Randy Werd
Marshal
12 Sep 2011 12:47 #22 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Oh, I loved this event so much. It was darker than most other events I've been too which I think leads to greater role play.

Friday= Getting to go out and play as Kamei. Getting to help Tyr dissect the woman who was brought back from her fallen boat.
Kamei was a bit of a downer this event. But, roleplay is always good with her. =)
((Plus, right now I don't even remember a Friday night haha))

Saturday-
Wedding!!! Getting to go down with Seamus, and being told that they are allowed to court one another and are getting married in May. Also! Remi going to do the ceremony.
Role play, role play, role play <3 And feast!

NPC shift
-Getting to be a "snake assassin".  aka. Hide in shadows, murder murder, hide in shadows, etc.
-GETTING TO PLAY GOBLINS <3 Thank you Kristen! I had so much fun~

Saturday night-
Going out to see if people needed healing, but it seemed the healers had it handled
Going to be only to be woken up by Xander coming in and warning us about Apollo going on a rampage
Sleeping and waking up three hours later to see that Cy/Misaki was still not in the tent, and Kamei being worried and going to look for him.
Falling back asleep waking up to everything thinking I was going to die XD

Sunday-
This was the BEST Sunday I have ever had at Knight Realms.
Siren mod was the best thing in the world. I got to come back out and play as Antionette, and got to murderfy an evil Siren. So much fun! Peoples reactions were the best, I wish there was a emoticon to express it.

Coming back out as Lumi! Getting to RP with Chris as Sergei <3 She loves her big brother~

Well, right now that is all I can remember~ Great event, I hope we have more like it <3

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
12 Sep 2011 13:16 #23 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
I had to ride a shark to get to the event, but it was worth it for the trial and the Apollocaust.
Quite possibly one of the best Saturday nights I've ever had.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
12 Sep 2011 13:39 #24 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
This weekend was amazing.  It was really made for me by some unforgettable RP moments.  I want to send a shout out to Crystal, who finally let me drag her out to the middle of the woods.  When her sweet and naive alchemist, who Amalthea had known for years, was dropped into my arms in crit after being captured by the Galamachians on her first weekend in Travance, I think I had an aneurysm.  The long talks with Misaki and Germaine also certainly stand out, along with soundly sleeping safely through the Apollocaust.  I honestly can't wait to see what happens next!

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
12 Sep 2011 13:44 #25 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
I don't respond to these all the time, but I feel this was a particularly good event for me.

Friday Night (NPC Shift):
- Being sent out with my group as a pack of wolves again and setting up a great ambush on Drega'mire. Made me feel awesome that the same trick I used on them last moon worked AGAIN.

- Setting up a PERFECT ambush on Alisandria, only to realize that no one was there as we set to move in, causing the pack to head out and run into another group of NPCs, all of the trolls and ogres. Yes we didn't outright attack each other, but it seemed fitting to have the wolves snarling defiantly and Intimidating the trolls as we crossed paths.

- Being sent out as Brigands with the intent of either beating or scamming people along the road out of their money. My idea to bring a basket, arm my bandit's IG wife/woman friend with a rolling pin and claim we worked for a volunteer soup kitchen rather than fighting for the money worked like a charm, we managed to scam the captain of the guard, enough said on that. We even managed to NOT be horribly murdered when a psion used truth ear on one of us and rather than having his retinue kill us, just refused and walked on.

- Being sent out as Father Bernard, a priest of Gaia from Loez to inspect the monastery and talk to the clergy in town, great RP.

Friday Night:
- Immediately after NPC shift, running into Sergei and having “the talk” with him about Seámus courting his sister and finally being given permission, happiest Seámus had been in awhile. Other than that, the rest of the evening was rather quiet… Except for putting the drunk Barbarian on top of the Obelisk when he was getting too touchy feely with Zander.

Saturday:
- Being able to tell Luminista about the talk between Seámus and Sergei and the RP that ensued.
- Market Faire went extremely well and my Shepherd’s pie went over better than expected.
- The wedding and everything that it entailed, such as being able to determine when Seámus and Luminista will wed and instigating Travance’s first Highland Pint Fight (a tradition from Seámus and Bran’s clan) between his “Sir-ness” Colin and Bran.
- Being able to hold my own in the high-level portion of main mod despite being many seasons below what they had geared it towards.
- Awesome RP with Adairis outside of the inn after Main Mod just before trying to turn in for the night… Only to be awoken less than an hour later for the Apollocalypse. The RP behind that was nothing short of fantastic as everyone in town started to show their true colors and how they react to sudden and nigh overwhelming disaster.

Sunday:

-Siren mod was very fun and between the shenanigans afterwards and being given my first master warrior lesson in its conclusion it made for a rather enjoyable morning. Running into Luminista upon the road back to the Inn after having thought she fled town the night before was also an interesting bit of RP.

General Highlights:
- Not sure where to put this, since it spanned all three days… I have to say, I bloody love teaching people new skills and I did so much of that this event. I taught Florentine to no less than three people, taught critical attack a few times, an Incapacitate lesson (always fun) and picked up a student for Cavalier. All in all, it made me very happy.

- “With horrible aim I cast, Miss!” – Easily the best one-liner I’ve heard in a long time, thank you Ben.

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
  • Crystal
  • Imagineer
12 Sep 2011 14:31 #26 by Crystal (Crystal)
Replied by Crystal (Crystal) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights

This weekend was amazing.  It was really made for me by some unforgettable RP moments.  I want to send a shout out to Crystal, who finally let me drag her out to the middle of the woods.  When her sweet and naive alchemist, who Amalthea had known for years, was dropped into my arms in crit after being captured by the Galamachians on her first weekend in Travance, I think I had an aneurysm. 

Hehehe, it was fun being a snack-rafice. Besides, giving you aneurysms and making you weep is what I do best ^_~

Highlights:
+ First night in Travance and I awake to hear shouts about undead loose in the Inn, followed by "We lost one! Find it!", followed by footsteps rounding the corner and hearing the flutter of the drape over the entrance of the Attic I was staying in. Hiding in the Attic in pitch black knowing that something was just a few feet away from me was one serious horror movie moment, I must say.
+ Getting a tour of Travance with an armed escourt
+ The IC wedding I got to attend
+ The feast was delicious.
+ Getting to be a delicious snack-rafice for the demon knights and afterwards getting to watch Lauren's face pale when my character was dumped into her arms a few breathes away from death. Good times XD
+ Meeting so many kind and patient players. Everyone I met was so nice!

Lowlights:
- The Attic got REALLY hot Saturday during the day. Even with the AC.
- Humidity
- Getting eaten alive by the buggies

IG: Illyria Orolan

OOG: Crystal Malarsky Laffan
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
12 Sep 2011 16:24 #27 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Highlight:
My highlight had to be hands down spending the day with Mike as Left-Eye Pete and Stuttering Tammy. I got to see so much of Travance I'd never seen before, interact with the characters on a much more personable level rather than having them kill me as a monster. I had so much fun roleplaying with everyone I met. What a great time I had sitting in front of the monastery and just talking in character with Left-Eye Pete, Colin, and Cooper (sorry Coop, I can't remember your character's name for some reason). Going around all over the camp with Mike, I felt like I learned so much as we set people up for the Low-Level Mod and roleplaying in general with him was so nice. It wasn't forced, everything seemed so natural between us. Shout out to Bolton to being an amazing help to Tammy when her stutter would get really bad and helping her recruit low-levels. It was truly a blessing to be entrusted with the responsibility of being the hook for the mod though having to speak in front of 50 some odd PCs with my stutter was NOT what I had expected. Thank you Nadi for instilling confidence or we would've been there all night. The biggest thing I learned is that a single NPC or PC can truly step up and be a major player as long as they're willing to take the weight of responsibility on their shoulders and be willing to kick some people in the butt to get them going. Thank you Mike again for this opportunity. I hope to work with you much more after this.

Low-light:
bloodsuckers. EVERYWHERE. I swear I look like I have the mumps or something after all that. Rolling my ankle leading people back from the mod wasn't fun either but it could've been worse. Honestly.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
12 Sep 2011 17:33 - 12 Sep 2011 17:42 #28 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
My event was kind of low-key, but I had a good time never-the-less.

My highlights:

-- Some very intense Fire lessons after the wedding.
-- RP with lots of gypsies
-- Getting acquainted with some older members of the town including Galen and Osred, and of course getting to explain more "No, not that Carlotta..."
-- Successfully hiding from the Apollocaust like a good little Romani!

Edit: I almost forgot! Mars was a fantastic NPC friday night. She really pulled on my heart strings!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 17:42 by .
  • E.Ralinfolly
  • For King and Country
  • Thank Yous: 13
12 Sep 2011 17:35 #29 by E.Ralinfolly (E.Ralinfolly)
Replied by E.Ralinfolly (E.Ralinfolly) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Best event this year! The trial went swimmingly....as did my death in a lake haha. to everyone caught up in the Apollocaust im sorry but a few sheep my be sheared to make the sweater. I hope my funeral is bitchin.

Sir Elizar Ralinfolly
(oog: Jake Levine)
“Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.”
12 Sep 2011 18:25 #30 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic September 2011 Event Highlights
Highlights hmm where to begin.

-Hamish and the hilarity that ensued
-Peatros, Marcos, team schtupid
-The Whole McKraegar Clan minus Laurel, Lugh, and Ekaterina
-Billliamm and his boundless rage. Threat to punch the count, and rp that ensued from baron and ardentfyre
-fun torture scene with edwin
-Amazing Siren mod with awesome scene as Hamish and Billliamm "attempted the absurd to achieve the impossible"
-Main mod was challenging and very fun
-Collin being interrogated by Billliamm very fun rp
-Billliamm and his discussions of magic and bardics
-Apollo unleashing an evil army was amazing, it helped unite travance against a common enemy who will be extremely challenging to defeat, great rp, and set an amazing atmosphere for that sunday morning.
-much more but this was an amazing event

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 1.057 seconds