2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
23 Oct 2011 14:27 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped make the ball happen!

Highlights:

* FOOD.  The spread is always amazing, and this year was no different.

* To borrow a phrase from Walt, "ZOMG politics!"  But then - that's the point of the Ball... ;)

* Teaching & Learning.  Even if it's not skills on your card, talking to your peers, masters, and students can always be enlightening.

* Dancing!  First year I got in on it, and it was a blast.  Thank you, Jen, for running it.

* "Hey, I didn't know this room was up here..."

* Mr. Happypants, Court Magician to the Dwarven Kingdoms.

* I missed the Valerian Noble before I could talk to him, dammit.  We'll need to catch up later.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
23 Oct 2011 15:16 #2 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights
This was my first Ball, and I really enjoyed it.

-the food. Oh man so much good stuff. And my meatballs were apparently a hit, which satisfies me immensely.

-OMG Politics! Geoff may be right and that's the whole point of the Ball, but I wasn't really prepared for the level of involvement and RP I witnessed from everyone I talked to. It was awesome.

-Talks with a few very important people, that will lead to some very interesting things in the near future.

-Father Morgan telling people his mask was made by my people. The RP between these two characters continues to evolve. Goose I'm not sure if you could tell, but Winks was holding back tears while speaking to you.

See everyone in two weeks.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Rance
  • Thank Yous: 0
23 Oct 2011 16:09 #3 by Rance (Rance)
Replied by Rance (Rance) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights
This being my first event with KR and actual first real RP event ever I can't comment much on the politics being the new guy in town, but I just wanted to say I am pretty much in love with whoever make the chicken karma.  Balls apparently aren't really my thing but that food was soooooooo good it made my night.  Wish I'd tried the meatballs; I didn't even see them :(

Loved watching the impromptu music session with the four-stringed thing I've never seen before (was just a guitar with a tiny body?  It sounded like one but I couldn't tell if it had six strings or four...anyone know?)  Watching the dancing was great as well!

Ransom

OOG: Alex
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
23 Oct 2011 16:47 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights

...but I just wanted to say I am pretty much in love with whoever make the chicken karma.

Bad news: She's taken already.  :P

Good news: She's making feast next event.  ;)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
24 Oct 2011 09:16 #5 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights
Coming off of a restrictive raw foods diet, arriving at the ball and the subsequent feast was like arriving in my own personalized and highly edible heaven. Everything- from the homemade breads all the way to the chicken, ham, and even the "spicy goblin balls"- was the sort of soul satisfying, plate licking good that could only be rivaled by the company of all attending.

I also wanted to do a quick shout out to Geoff and Diane. Even before the event had started, Geoff and Diane, in a moment of incredible generosity, offered my me and my girlfriend two beautiful leather masks from their personal collection to borrow for the ball.  I don't want to lay it on too thickly, but thank you both again for the masks. They were wonderful.

On a final note I'm curious to see what mischief is going to come from the sit down I shared with the Court Magician of the Dwarvish Kingdom Horatio Fancypants, wherein we discussed magic and enjoyed some oog sleight of hand. The look in Matt's eyes when he asked me what my name was (and when he found out that I was IG lying) so he could write it down in his little book of plot spoke volumes of mischief to come in future events. All I can say is I'm looking forward to it for when it comes.

Thanks all once again. See you next month ;)

Eli
RP Marshal
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
24 Oct 2011 18:29 #6 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights
I think the best part of my evening was seeing that my dish was enjoyed! It was great getting to see everybody pulling out such creative costumes. Jim Bob, you were great, both as the Master of Ceremonies and out of game, working with us NPCs. I wouldn't have had as much fun if not for you.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
25 Oct 2011 04:08 #7 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights
I know everybody says this every time but seriously, the food. I wait all year for the food at the Moresca Ball, no joke. You guys always whip out the most amazing dishes. Thank you for treating us!
Other highlights include:
- finally getting to wear my pretty dress. I'd been excited about it for months.  ;D
- amazing RP with Ridigan, Raphael, Kwildar, and Zander.
- the IG adorableness that is Remi + Ridigan. Yes, I'm a fangirl for my own character's IG relationship. But they're so heart-meltingly cute I totally can't help it.
- second place in the singing competition, yay!
- getting to hear the Mordavian Battle Hymn again. I LOVE that song.
- gifts from Andorra. actually this is a hilarious story so I think I'm going to share it. Remi was expressing her jealousy that Andorra has reached out to her friends in dreams but never to her, out in the garden. When I got back inside, I discovered a rose-pink gem from the garden had somehow gotten its wire tangled in the lace sleeve of my dress, and I'd taken it inside with me. IG, I was floored. OOG, I was laughing my head off at the hilarious coincidence.

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
25 Oct 2011 23:34 #8 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights
Finally announcing my intentions of having Elric becoming Clergy once he completes his training as a smith...

Elric may have a few big jobs coming in for him in the near future... O.O

using the self taught to learn a Defense skill that may throw some people for a loop.

Meeting new people, and the characters they brought in.

all of the wonderful RP with people, including the talk with Sorel about possibly learning a certain trade in the future.

but all in all I had a great time this year... and I am looking forward to next year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
27 Oct 2011 17:35 #9 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights
RP WITH JIMBOB!

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
28 Oct 2011 20:20 #10 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights
I wasn't there for long, but the short time I had was lovely. Biggest highlight is hopefully finally putting an end to the joke about Ehlena's gender.

SHE'S FEMALE. YOU GET IT NOW CYPHER, MAGNUS, KIELLOR???

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
29 Oct 2011 11:57 #11 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights

I wasn't there for long, but the short time I had was lovely. Biggest highlight is hopefully finally putting an end to the joke about Ehlena's gender.

SHE'S FEMALE. YOU GET IT NOW CYPHER, MAGNUS, KIELLOR???

nah... they will say that you used sorcery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
30 Oct 2011 02:52 #12 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic 2011 Winterdark Ball Highlights

nah... they will say that you used sorcery.

QFT.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.580 seconds