February Highlights 2012

• Derelith
  • You cannot believe what you can't conceive.
  • Thank Yous: 9
21 Feb 2012 15:34 #31 by Derelith (Derelith)
Replied by Derelith (Derelith) on topic February Highlights 2012

SlightlySaneBillliamm wrote: Good Friends and Good Times. Faves

8. waking up sunday to an elf tapping baiyou on the chest with a knife and immediately calling "FEAR", when i see someone in my cabin as i wake up i assume it is a threat.

In response to the whole fear thing, I apologize not roleplaying the running away part at first, but you actually terrified me in a dear in the headlights way. It took me a moment to register what was going on haha. Grats on Kaladonia for being on their toes even asleep.

Derelith

IC: Derelith
OOG: Ray Hunter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
21 Feb 2012 18:30 #32 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic February Highlights 2012
This event was a lot of ups and downs for me. But I'll go over the really big highlights for me.

Friday night -- Kwildar's joy at seeing certain members of the Tellinghasts. Including the conversation he had with Aradiel ("We have often... butted heads... But I respect you immensely.")

In the middle of church drama, Ashling taps Kwildar on the shoulder, and asks if he's busy, before telling him that there was someone outside looking to talk with an Andorran. Kwildar's mind quickly said, "This is a huge, momentous night. But someone needs help. That is just as important." before going outside and helping a poor unfortunate lad with an ex girlfriend's necklace. Ben O. -- Great work on that one.

Saturday --

Saturday was a huge whirlwind of drama and insanity all around Kwildar's life, but the big highlight for me came at about 11:40pm, 20 minutes before my NPC shift:

Saemus Del'Dragon, "Kwildar, we're going on a hunt!"
Kwildar, "I'm being called to the orphanage, and should leave very soon, I don't think I can."
Saemus, "But Kwildar! We're going on a hunt! Let's just go over to the Monastery!"
.... Followed by the new Witchhunter tradition of Werewolf cupcakes when old man Del'Dragon achieves another year. ;-)

Sunday --

Getting to teach what I never thought I'd have to -- Trade: Farming -- And desperately searching my memory for those old talks with my grandparents and uncles about it. Thank you to the player of "Bat" Cooper for your patience while more of Kwildar's usual awkwardness was liberally mixed with my own on the subject. ;-)

Talking with Ashling on our walk back to Kaladonia to pack up, and Kwildar barely containing tears as she told him that she's going away, and may never return.

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Moirya
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
23 Feb 2012 14:13 - 23 Feb 2012 14:14 #33 by Moirya (Moirya)
Replied by Moirya (Moirya) on topic February Highlights 2012
Better late then never, right? Right!

First of all, huge thank you to my WTF-Curse squad and Chris Goley. You are all amazing and fantastic and it was so much fun ping ponging between you guys trying to figure this thing out....and constantly making me run upstairs to add more make up, take some away, touch it up, wash it off, etcetc.

Belegchand and Lethias, story time is always excellent.

IIana, please sleep. seriously. you will learn and remember more information if you sleep, I swear. :P

It is wonderful to see a paladin standing 5 feet away from something you consider a big horrible problem that nobody seems able to fix.. or kill. Thanks Cinder!

I'm exceedingly happy to finally see the Baronial Guard finally come together and get almost entirely sorted out.

Oh, and the best line exchange of the weekend happened twice with Labelle. One of the exchanges being, after I am being told of the church drama, I pause and go "wait! I'm not clergy which means.... this is not my problem!" and promptly walk into the other room.

Secondly being,
M : "I will be fine, really"
L : "You don't have to say that to me"
M : "Actually, I do. It is either I tell you I will be fine, or that I will be dead. So, I'll be fine"
L : Hah! Fair enough then."

So, thank you Goose. One of the very few times I've had a good time in the monastery.

And to whoever decorated the Mages Guild and it's shelves, thank you for reminding me of the Apothecary/Mage's College in Skyrim. I walked in there on a patrol and was immediately reminded of my habit of stealing every alchemy component I find in Skyrim.

Prin mainile mele,
Moirya Arkanian
Squire to Sir Magnus Von-Ritter
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

OOG : Sam Dio
Logistics Marshal / New Player Marshal
Last edit: 23 Feb 2012 14:14 by Moirya (Moirya).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo), Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
23 Feb 2012 17:59 #34 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic February Highlights 2012

Moirya Arkanian wrote: Better late then never, right? Right!
And to whoever decorated the Mages Guild and it's shelves, thank you for reminding me of the Apothecary/Mage's College in Skyrim. I walked in there on a patrol and was immediately reminded of my habit of stealing every alchemy component I find in Skyrim.

Note to Self: Always remember to lock trunk in case of gypsies... :P

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
23 Feb 2012 19:48 #35 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic February Highlights 2012
Like Sam said, better late then never!
  • After deciding I was going to go into the Inn just to pee, and then going back out to isolation with psychopathy, I proceded to get waylayed, manacled, and stone gripped into a cure. Definitely an interesting start to the event, to say the least!
  • Niel's introduction, and handing out about 4 or 5 ballads I had on hand to various Silverbows to help make sure she didn't wander too far.
  • Impromptu trips to the Baronial Library are ALWAYS fun.
  • My trigger for Catatonic Fits. So many people were very confused.
  • Being part of the WTF-Curse squad, and confirming EVERYONE'S worst fears with, and I quote, "Book Magic." As a side note, anything Belegchand does from now on is Book Magic.
  • The Box and the Candle. And getting to say that I am such a target, even inanimate objects try and kill me now.
  • Niel's suicide attempt, less the fact that it happened, and more the fact that it got spread around so much that people were just telling people... and apparently Belegchand blushes at this...
  • NPC Shift was interesting, and it looks like it'll get more interesting as things progress...
  • Teaching. Oh how I missed the teaching.
  • Things I need to research keep growing, and that may be stressing Belegchand out, but I think Matt may have figured out how to do it... MAYBE...
  • The Keryth'rina service and the storytime after. For everyone who came, thank you. It was something I had wanted to plan in advance, but figured the whole Psychopathy thing would mean he would NEVER suggest such a thing. Next year though.... ;) Also, to everyone who has posted on the thread on the forums, thank you as well... I know racial holidays don't get much air time, but, well, why shouldn't they?
  • Speed-scrolling. Oh how I wish I wasn't given false information, and that I could use assistants, but man did I craft.
  • Inn Siege = Belegchand's stress coming to a boil. For everyone I locked out that wanted in, or locked in that wanted out, I am sorry, but, well, there comes a point...
  • Bottle Mod. I forsee major growth from Belegchand if this continues, maybe even to the point of deciding on a second class instead of the nine currently being juggled as possible.
  • Druid's Grove sunday. I didn't realize how much I really missed it until then.

I think that covers most of it. Can't wait for March!

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
24 Feb 2012 00:49 #36 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic February Highlights 2012

• Inn Siege = Belegchand's stress coming to a boil. For everyone I locked out that wanted in, or locked in that wanted out, I am sorry, but, well, there comes a point...
  • This. Also, the panic attack you had... roleplayed on a hair trigger... perfect execution.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
    Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo)
    24 Feb 2012 14:07 - 24 Feb 2012 14:25 #37 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
    Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic February Highlights 2012
    While I heard that this event had its ups and downs for a couple of people, I wanted to write a quick shout out for Steve Oros. From what I hear, not only did he write the plot for this past event, but he also made a strong effort to make player's nights and develop their characters.

On a personal note, I wanted to thank Steve for running the dagger mod; for those of you who were there late Saturday night, I hope you enjoyed.

Steve, I know we had a few hiccups along the way, but I appreciated the extra effort you took to make that mod a reality; that scene is something that I'm sure will haunt Bolton's dreams for years to come. You did a great job.

Eli
    RP Marshal
    Last edit: 24 Feb 2012 14:25 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister), Ming Na (Ming Na)
    28 Feb 2012 08:56 #38 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
    Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic February Highlights 2012

Aemorniel wrote: FI

~Dr. Maxwell's face when I asked him "What happened to your ears?" when I first met him, his surprise at my delight of meeting my first human, and then later on asking if I could keep him as my pet human. Actually--I think I pretty much broke you half the times with my interactions with you. Your face clearly said you had no idea how to handle me and my special brand of crazy.

Wait... are you telling me he doesn't NORMALLY have that look on his face?

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
    • Aemorniel
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • In Truth, all things are Bound.
    • Thank Yous: 108
    28 Feb 2012 22:26 #39 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
    Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic February Highlights 2012

Ekatarina McKraegar wrote:

Aemorniel wrote: FI

~Dr. Maxwell's face when I asked him "What happened to your ears?" when I first met him, his surprise at my delight of meeting my first human, and then later on asking if I could keep him as my pet human. Actually--I think I pretty much broke you half the times with my interactions with you. Your face clearly said you had no idea how to handle me and my special brand of crazy.

Wait... are you telling me he doesn't NORMALLY have that look on his face?

If he didn't before, it's gonna be a regular feature from spending time trying to fix me ;)

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
    The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
    Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
    Court Scholar of Pendarvin
    Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
    ~~~~~~~~~
    OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
    • Alex
    • Kingslayer
    • Thank Yous: 206
    08 Mar 2012 22:19 #40 by Alex (Wormwood)
    Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic February Highlights 2012
    i love bat cooper.

OOG: Alex B.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
    Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
    Time to create page: 0.813 seconds