April 2012 Highlights

22 Apr 2012 14:56 #1 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
April 2012 Highlights was created by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Hoo boy, could the plot of this event have been any more of a mind...insert your own choice of words here :P Matt, you are sadistic, just a bit...but I mean that in the best of ways.

So I guess I'll get the ball rolling before I go to that evil place where they keep my paycheck hostage.

Highlights:
-Getting drunk with Lady Elawyn...I lost count of how many shots we did.
-Same as above but with Ilona
-Saving the kidnappees from the wolves/cobalts. You all played it fantastically
-Malcolm's new healer, Lawrence...who didn't know
-Maxine, I need to tip my proverbial hat to your satyr. Sarah was phenomenal and I enjoyed every second of RP we had together.
-Marika learned a few valuable self lessons this moon. Sacrifices must be made for the greater good sometimes. They might SEEM selfish at first, but there is always a silverlining
-I wouldn't say sacrificing my life for Teranius's (sp?) was a highlight, but the RP that came with the choice was SO worth it. I am sorry for those of you who knew of my choice. I didn't mean to scare any of you but hey, Marika needed to cover her bases in case she COULDN'T come back.
-Gypsy Death Curse. Mwahahahahaaa take that Soul Harvester.
-Seeing Sarah and Teranius back together after so many years apart, it brought such joy to Marika..
-Epic Treble Clef sword.
-The RP of explaining to Tobar (thanks for acting suprised Zach :D) why I did what I did.
Also, listening to Zach constantly explaining "This is not Tobar. This is a satyr played by Zach."
-Yes, it was cold, but the aesthetics of it pouring while a bunch of us fought demons was pretty awesome. I felt like I got drowned...
-Jimbob's Brazen mod. Belechand? Stop with all the dang lores!!!

Also
Me-Steve, THAT'S where would keep your character card?!"
Steve-Yeah so?
Liam- Yeah, you keep stuff in your chest, why can't he keep stuff in his pants?

All in all, this was one seriously enjoyable event. There's so much more I loved, but I can only remember so many details without confusing them :P

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
22 Apr 2012 19:09 #2 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic April 2012 Highlights
I got the privilege of taking a bunch of folks on a mod that only about a dozen of us saw, but that was so well prepared, set up, and executed, that I couldn't let it pass without comment. First, I finally got to see Lord Fallow in action, and I must say all the hype is justified. He and his crew were the most delightful combination of creepy, comical, and so downright disturbing that my stomach was churning trying to figure out which I was feeling at any given time. I can't say I've ever before wanted to laugh while at the same time fighting a rising gorge. The folks I brought with me, none of whom I knew well, and few of whom I had even met, were amazing in their roles, and followed through perfectly in everythign they promised and their performance added to the creepiness of the whole situation. The contrast of the PC's audible conversation which went precisely as it was supposed to, punctuated by the (almost) silent involuntary reactions to what was happening around us were delightful. The lone on-the-spot bard who sang 'as though her life depended on it' pulled out of her. . .erm, out of thin air, the most appropriate, clever lyrics and tune that could have been sung at that moment (it was so fine-tuned it was clear she made it up on the spot, but so well executed that I am still second-guessing myself on that) that I think even Fallow was at a loss for a snide comment on that one. The fact that I was stupidly tounge-tied and bumbling throughout the whole thing was not staged--I was truely befuddled by everything around me. The mod site was eerily lit, cleverly staged, and it was clear that thought was put into this endeavor. The atrocity witnessed could not have hit me harder. To whomever wishes to take even some of the credit for this crazy experince, know that you have contributed to a life-altering moment for my character. Thank you to all who were involved, this will stand out to me as one of the highlights of my experiences at KR.

My only regret was not having the luxury of being able to discuss the events of the evning IG with the people who I most needed to talk to for various reasons. I suppose that added to the experience in its own way.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
22 Apr 2012 19:51 #3 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic April 2012 Highlights
"The night is dark and full of terrors. In the Witchwood, your gods have no eyes. When you are alone in the cold dark, and the very earth rises up against you, only Arawyn will hear your prayers. Many a long night have I prayed to the gods for safety and salvation, but always it is Arawyn who brings the dawn."

My thanks to Ryan, Matt and the rest of the VanZandt group. See you all in 3-6 months.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
22 Apr 2012 20:31 #4 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic April 2012 Highlights
Gah so much happened that I can't even remember it all.

-Night 1:
- Bunked up in the cabin
- First NPC shift of the night had a great time
- Went out as a Sprit and was told to target Miskai it was fun
- Went out as a child with our "mommy" and talked to the nice people about how Uncle Fallo (sp?) made out mean mommy nice by turing her into a Zombie. Had a great RP with Bolton and was then taken to the orphanage.
-Bed
Day 2
- Worked in the kitchen serving, I swear I will get everything right soon.
- Got up and talked to Paige about the bad dreams we've both been having.
- Met and talked with Father Label about the dreams.
- Met and talked/recruited some of the newer citizens of Travance to help Paige and I with our mission
- Learned more about the dreams and the skull
- Went with new people to dispose of bandits and Goblins.
- Fought some Gargoyles to help get a box.
- Feast
- Cleaned after feast and met some more of the new people while we cleaned.
- When the sprits started attacking the inn help slightly organize the new people.
- Went out looking for soul bottles.
- Bed

Day 3
- Destroyed a skull that was bad.
- Helped train two people in shields
- Went out looking for trouble and found it with Lizard kin walking near the monastery
- Went to help with Ice elementals and got frozen quickly.

So much fun with so many new people. It was great. Thank you all for a great weekend and I really look forward to the next event.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
22 Apr 2012 22:31 #5 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic April 2012 Highlights
As always, I had a blast this weekend. And as always, too many things to mention/remember all when writing here.

Highlights:
-Meeting Sarah. Maxine, you were amazing, and the costume was brilliant.
-Hearing Ori's story of his escape from Alok Malagan.
-Seeing a wildmage go boom for the first time. Watching the RP that led up to that event was impressive.
-A lot of my time just hanging out with Ridigan and Aemorniel, as well as teaching/learning from Niel. Even better when Sorrel joined the mix.
-Watching Keavy's lore chaos lesson
-The chaos chess game. This needs to happen again and often.
-Being interrupted in My discussion with Lieutenant Blacktree about potential ideas for Chroniclerite mass and having it ended due to a Valosian interrupting and asking if I had given thought to Valos.
-Giving Mass. I really really hope that I did an okay job, but I am thrilled to have gotten a chance to do it.
-A few very heavy conversations about Chronicler.
-All my RP with 'Mara. (I hope you come to me all the time for bard lessons!)
-Getting some short moments of Schizophrenia. I rather wish it had taken longer to find my vial, it was so much fun til then.
-My first real combat NPC roles. Having spent five months (and the alt event) needing to take only rp and very low combat roles, it was nice to get a change, and I was surprised how much fun I had with it. I think I have a bunch of bruises, but it was worth it. I've never knocked anyone into serious before!

I know there was more than this, but I am tired and blanking at the moment. Anyways, thanks for an awesome event, full of a lot of fun roleplay!

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
22 Apr 2012 23:03 - 22 Apr 2012 23:04 #6 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic April 2012 Highlights
First of all, I cannot believe just how much money we managed to raise for the animal shelter! I am so happy! Thank you everyone!!

*Ahem*

Also, thank you Goose for cooking feast. It was fantastic! I look forward to next time!

So here's my highlights for this month:

-Ridiculous amounts of RP related to Tobar being possessed by a dead satyr. "All I know is that Tobar thinks he's married to some satyr hussy because he thinks he's her dead satyr husband! *sob*" --me. After I learned the whole story I actually thought it was very touching and sweet.

-Killing an ice drake with the adventurer's guild. Wow. I felt like such a cool kid. Special thanks to Mal for his star role as the momma ice drake. <3

-Using Assistant for the first time ever! I spend enough time harassing Gideon at the forge to actually be useful sometimes!

-So many new gypsies. Awesome.

-Distinguishing friend from foe on main mod was interesting. I never thought I'd be happy to see *dark* shapes.

-Actually finding teachers and the time to take all the lessons I needed this game.

-Congratulate me. I finally have all my racials. Don't look at me like that. We have a lot, ok!

-I had a lot of time to be very confused in character about a lot of things. Everyone is really challenging me as a role-player and it is awesome. See you all next time!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 22 Apr 2012 23:04 by Josephine (mferro54).
22 Apr 2012 23:37 - 22 Apr 2012 23:38 #7 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic April 2012 Highlights
First, thank you to everyone who helped me after I fell during cleanup. I'm feeling much better now.

Secondly, I'd like to thank Matt. This is the most fun NPC role I've had in a long while.

A few highlights from this event...

-I had the following exchange with 90% of the PCs I met as Terenius while in Tobar's body:
Townsmember: Hi, Tobar.
Me: I'm not Tobar.
Townsmember: Hi, not Tobar.

-I had a great time dropping little clues that I wasn't myself and seeing who picked up on them. The one that convinced everyone was when I declared my jingles to be "too noisy" and threw them away.

-I was looking forward to the ice drake hunt since Mike posted it on facebook, and I wasn't the least bit disappointed. Thank you, Mike, for a great mod, and thank you, Mal, for a great fight.

-RP with Cerra was awesome. Unfortunately, most of it was between Maxine and me with no witnesses.

-Seamus is a 15-year-old girl.

-Thank you, Goose. This feast was one of the best yet.

-The biggest highlights of the event for me were interacting with the people Tobar is closest to as Terenius. I honestly wasn't sure whether to expect threats, pleas, or fireballs from Carlotta, for instance.

-Marika sacrificing herself to save Tobar and restore Terenius to life is one of the noblest acts I have ever witnessed in Travance. Though she was rewarded for it, she had no idea that she would be, nor was she trying to prove herself. Also, her sacrifice helped the town in ways that no one realized. Making that kind of decision based on character and at the expense of one's character card is, in my opinion, the highest hallmark of roleplay.

-Epic Treble Clef sword.

This ^

-Post-battle talks with townsmembers, especially Caelvan, really made my night. Congratulations, Kaladonia, you have two brand new vassals!

-Back as Tobar, sitting in the Inn, Gideon walks up, drops to one knee, and proclaims, "Tobar, I need you... for a lyric of inspiration."

-Teaching Oren his second master warrior lesson. Before the lesson, I had to make sure everyone in sight knew that I was teaching a lesson and that there was no need to come running to Oren's aid.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
Last edit: 22 Apr 2012 23:38 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mother Marika (Ophelia)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
22 Apr 2012 23:38 - 22 Apr 2012 23:57 #8 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic April 2012 Highlights
This was an emotionally exhausting event that took Jack to places I'd never imagined he'd go.

Friday Night:
Scholar Mod was amazing fun.
Pseudo-politicking with Gideion
Talking with "new" Edwin.
Helping Andy and MM training with Emily.

Saturday:
Adventurer's Guild Meeting
Ostcliff Meeting and Training.
Amazing RP with Winks, I was choking up and almost at tears the whole time. Thanks Walter.
Having and not having a conversation with John.
Hunting the Ice Drake.
Feast was INCREDIBLE! Thanks Goose.
Warrior Monk Mod. Luis and Derrick Great Job! It was intense.
Scholar Mod Evil Book Burning Fallout. You do the right thing, and someone always views you as a bad guy.
Lore: Chaos Lessons, always a good time.
RP with Philidin.
Talking with Elawyn about his place in the world.
Jack Cypher fighting on main mod.

Sunday:
Talking with Wormwood. You are so creepy, we can't help but like to hate you. :-P
Fighting Elder Ice Elementals
Acrobat lessons

A VERY Special Thank You: I left the best for last . On Saturday morning I had a conversation with Nigel Stormbringer a.k.a. Greg. This stuck with me all weekend and influenced everything I did and how I acted. It did not seem like much at first but it continued to grow exponentially, and I kept going back to it every few minutes. Thank you very much for this. I hope you come back soon so we can chat again! Also: Can you give me that Author's name and the book again, I didn't write it down. Thanks!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 22 Apr 2012 23:57 by Jack (Keeperofdice).
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
23 Apr 2012 00:10 #9 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic April 2012 Highlights
Fun times this event!

Billiam's heroic portrayal and everyone's general 'Yeah, that seems fair.' when the Zombie Mom and kids came out and Odo was clammering to beat on a young human for once and how good it felt from an OOC standard getting to whail on something human.

The scrambling and walking around of the camp site trying to get everyone together for the final chapter of the Chaos mod. Worth it!

Hitting Bolting with my Window Shield.

"You dented my hat."
"No. I dented your hat with reality!"
"..Fair Enough."

The mopeyness afterwards of Dorian leading up to Archcaster prep! So excited! Also, being the RM for some sorcery rituals. I love to do that and getting to interact and see good roleplayers acting out these big deals!

A fine event! Would slam my shield on Elias's head again!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
23 Apr 2012 00:20 - 23 Apr 2012 00:22 #10 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic April 2012 Highlights
I am so tired, I may edit this later~ Let's see..in no particular order.
**MY THIRD YEAR ANNIVERSARY WITH KNIGHT REALMS THIS MONTH <3 **

-Being covered in fake blood in my corset and scaring people
-Expert ID'ing Maelstrom with Lauren and Matt. Great great GREAT roleplay!
-Sword plot! So awesome. Brian Hahn can be a scary man when he wants to be =P
-Torturing Ilana to the wee hours of the morning as an Aguaran torturer. (I guess I did a good job? o.o )
-Khitan stuffs!!!! And of course, Quan Liu had to give Kamei the HARDEST question
-Getting to know more about Luminista, and how Maelstrom is affecting her.
-Learning more about Kamei even after three years of playing her =) and seeing how far she has come as a character.
-Teaching! and hookah! and great friends! And MORE hookah!
- Meeting the new PC's of the game!
-...Bacholorette party for Kamei? o_o; I guess?
-Maybe having Luminista's life in danger! =D YAY
-Getting compliments on my dress for Kamei :) ((Ordering another soon~ Can't wait))
-Super sour drink with Matt C! =D (and also getting to see him as a dwarf xD)
-Having Dustin back at game!! Now just to get Nin and Krista... >> << >>
-Getting to RP with Shane as Luminista! With their wedding next month! :3
-FALLOW MOD!!! First time EVER seeing Fallow, freakin' great and creepy. Great job Greg, I'm pretty sure you gave the PC's nightmares of you feeding your "daughter" to a vampire =P Hope to meet you one day as my PC.
-Seeing James as an undead servant-jester and Matt White also as a creepy undead servant. Great job to everyone on Fallow mod =D

Low Light: RAIN!!!!! >:[

((Will edit as time goes on)

Overall, just great role play..it was so nice to come back <3

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
Last edit: 23 Apr 2012 00:22 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli). Reason: Adding more things :3
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
23 Apr 2012 10:05 - 23 Apr 2012 10:10 #11 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic April 2012 Highlights
So much great RP this event for Aemorniel.

~First and foremost--I'm a Loremaster now! weeeeeee! Hells to the yeah!
~Dr. Maxwell...since when does imbibing cocaine fix Lethargy? lol. You're gonna have to teach me that during my physician lessons.
~Doing NPC first shift was a lot of fun as Dan's Highland Witch. Though there was some confusion along the way for the PCs, I know overall they had a lot of fun. I know I did. Being on the brunt end of the Celt's wrath--actually kind of intimidating to be stared down by Shane as Seamus. Great RP sessions with "The Target" as well--great on you for being so calm with such a powerful witch holding you captive.
~First thing that happens when I walk into Travance as Aemorniel as I'm about to greet Master Shen--someone comes up to me and says "Oh! You're the girl from the wanted poster" and the first thought in my mind being: "Oh gods...not again..." and turning to Shen with a face that clearly said hopelessly: "I don't want to be arrested again." Being told it was written in Dark Elven was a bit of a surprise IG and OOG. Tracking down a poster, I read it and just felt all the rest and peace of mind Aemorniel's been feeling just completely dissipate. That poster was literally on her mind the entire event. She took it out and would just read it over to herself, pondering in thought about what it all meant.
~That poster came up many times. It showed me how quickly rumors spread and how small the population is that actually can read Dark Elven. To those I trusted, I would take out my copy of the poster and would read to them the terms of it. Thanks Illana for giving me my approximate value alive or dead--as morbid as it sounds. It really set the gears going in my head about what is it exactly is their motives for offering such a sum.
~Realizing that I'm friendly with 3 of the 4 dark elves that I know of in Travance. Drak'Nar--I think I need to track you down to complete my collection. lol. The fact I could discuss the wanted poster them and the terms of it, bullshitting ideas on why they think the posters are out and the awards were attached to both. The running theory that was told to me might just be right.
~Meeting Ridigan, being bodyguarded by him when Misaki was doing paperwork/possessed, teaching him scholar, RPing with him, and just in general finding a fast friend in the yellow dragoon. You picking me up and literally tossing me over your shoulder to get me out of danger had to be the funniest thing that happened all event to me. That and the Three Princesses being myself, Elawyn, and Remi. MY HERO! That and Icarus going uber protective during Main Mod to prevent the spirit from possessing you and focusing only on keeping me safe. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were a blue. :P Also--our long discussion about a certain subject was a great turning point for Aemorniel.
~Wonderful times with Paul/Amizar. You are just one big sweetheart and a delightful storyteller. I especially loved the three princesses card trick. Also--that Gaia's Embrace probably saved Misaki's life and for that Aemorniel is ever grateful.
~Lessons with Almat. That was actually kind of fun to be able to connect all my lessons so far in all the traditions together in an academic discussion. Also--explaining your Lore: Chaos lesson to me that you had and people thinking you were teaching it to me and saying "Don't you dare!" basically was kind of touching.
~Long discussion with Elawyn outside of your statehouse. You have no idea how much it means to Aemorniel to have someone she knows she can talk to when matters get rough. Sometimes it's nice to be able to have girl talks and get advice from a respected friend. Thanks for the Germinate lesson!
~Getting all my lessons done that I wanted, including picking up Physician and discussing it with Illana and Maxwell about what I would need to know. Belegchand's face when he asked what I needed to learn and telling him I already had taken all my lessons since he was difficult to find was so sad. The Tome of Education is there for a reason--if I don't see you for more than 3 minutes at any given time.
~Main Mod. Actually being useful in that I handed off scrolls that were able to help. Best part was when someone came up and said "Who gave the scholar a sword?!" with such horror. I can't remember my reply now but you tossing up your bow in the air and declaring "I'm done. I'm done!" was probably one of my favorite highlights of playing this character ever. Finding out Ridigan is the "littlest Andorran", referring to the fact he doesn't have most of the priestly abilities, and declaring with such dismay "I miss Kwildar!" was just great. Seeing Malcolm there as his other character as I said it made it even funnier to me.
~Dementia sessions with Sorel. Tell me how you're my daddy again...lol. Misaki's face when I teasingly called Sorel "Daddy" when he walked over was priceless.
~Getting dragged off to a white sorcery ritual of purification for Barak because magic said so...never been more confused in my life but probably the best thing to say to a Quinarian. "Magic wanted ME to be there!" lol. That was probably one of the most interesting mods I have ever been on. Judge--you make it very easy to fully engage in a given situation and use our imaginations to build the scenery. On another note...Where the fudgemonkeys are Sir Darkheart and Ethan now?! Best/worst cliffhanger moment ever!
~Research book finding goose chase. Enough said. My feet are still sore from all that but hopefully it will be sorted out. IG Aemorniel is devastated that she could not keep her word to do finish the research she swore to do. A Silverbow never breaks a promise! (at least not this one).
~Going on my first two mods with first Ridigan then with Misaki. Adventuring actually is kind of fun!
~RP with Misaki. The look of controlled shock as you received the pin from her brother again, watching you learn shield with the intentions of later on picking up a skill to better protect her, seeing how seriously you've taken your duties now, wolf's bane gift, etc. The long meditative walk we had discussing the wanted poster and what we should do about it was probably one of my favorite moments of the entire event. You have become a steady rock for Aemorniel, which became all the more apparent when you were snatched away by the spirit that possessed you and she felt lost and confused for the longest time. When you handed her your swords and told her to use the invokable abilities to protect herself rather than have them to protect yourself...yeah. That was pretty intense. She was fully prepared to, if she had to, use those skills against you before you did any harm if you turned on the town like she feared. When her Gaia's Embrace brought you back and back to normal...yeah. Those who witnessed that moment could tell you it was special.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2012 10:10 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel).
23 Apr 2012 10:33 #12 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic April 2012 Highlights
-Twilight Star recovery. The inverted tower is always a unique place. Need to get back there sometime and kill the fallen angel though, just to cover bases.

-Keeping schizo Lucas busy by just keeping him sitting down the entire event. The scariest was wildmage Lucas.

-Getting hit with a spirit meld, thinking I had to take it, and getting stuck in a ritual of torment a couple of hours later as a result (Man, I almost went to bed on Friday too) More worried about people hearing the 'e' word.

-Altarus Deathbringer. When I had no eyes and heard him announce himself I was... concerned. Him and Druscilla(sp?) seemed very nice and Ilana will love to have story time in the future.

-Being asked for advice for/my thoughts on love throughout the weekend for some weird reason. She's still not very good at explaining emotion things, but people seemed to like the advice.

-Progressively figuring out Cerra's connection to things, meeting her family, and just trying to prepare everyone for the possible worse.

-Fighting a soul harvester without blinking an eye is about the stupidest thing Ilana's ever done. Also kind of the most fun.

-Saving Cerra during main mod. I've had that contact sleep poison forever... seemed like a good time to use it.

-Trying to find a demon, only to find a demon lord, dragoon plot, and problems in the future.

-Ritual of Purity session. Judge, can I just RP with you all the time? It's so much fun.

-Speculations of things to happen in May... can't wait.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
23 Apr 2012 11:24 #13 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic April 2012 Highlights
Sorcery with and for Lethiel Silverbow. I appreciate the time that various Marshals spend on these, given that I do at least two an Event.

Giving the final lesson to initiate my first student into the ranks of Master Warrior. OOG, I am happy to say that although said student is now able to learn skills, I have left more questions and there are still unanswered questions as to which path would best suit.

Lessons on magic - the approach vs that of learning prayers is worlds apart.

Acquiring my first student in Arch-casting - I have few students overall but their quality is very high. I like this.

Getting into a "chest to chest" discussion with Drak-nar. Damn, Skippy, it is hard to maintain one's dignity when one's neck is close to breaking from the angle. Excellent RP all around on that scene, the reverberations of which are still rippling.

Organizing the defense of the Inn on the sly, rather than pay heed to the organized chaos that those who were ranking tried to impose. I commend various squires and a few others on recognizing sound advice when they hear it.

Approaching the ice elemental mod Sunday where Na ar was calling "We need help" and telling him since I arrived help is on hand. He seemed skeptical. I proceeded to demonstrate what a fire Genasi with battle-casting can do to creatures of ice. This is the first time in the past three months I actually fought hard. I rather enjoyed both the respite and the "wetting-down" of the new Edwin.

The fine line between being civilly helpful to Mixolydia and solicitous of Jen W.

Father Daemos calling me a heretic - this will play out nicely over time. It was heartwarming to hear he tired to arrange for a second.

Seeing Brogan try to mediate a dispute between the Archbishop and myself. Some might say he turned over a new leaf - to me it seems an entire forest. I look forward to seeing this play out in the future.

Aleister pledging his honor (with Barak as witness) and then seeking me to state that he had been betrayed, made a liar, and thus, lost his honor. It was an excellent grouping of scenes, and showed an aspect of Aleister that had hitherto not been in evidence to me. How to proceed will help define Edwin's character (not the person, but his inner being).

Last, but not least, several scenes with Cypher. It is always a pleasure, Gus, and I was not at all disappointed with any of them. They all reinforce my belief that some knowledge has too high a price. If only those who would teach demonology would learn that as well.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet), fatherdaemos (fatherdaemos)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
23 Apr 2012 12:15 #14 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic April 2012 Highlights
Sooo many good things.

First awesome plot matt.

Friday Night(NPC Shift)
-Got to "Marshal" the New Player mod....that psion was pissing me off by killing all my bandits with one hit
-Was one of the first Sprites of the weekend, got wrecked everytime....but still got a couple people
-After got back from being sprites...
Me to Dan Gill: You have to talk to your people about sleeping alone in the Yurt
Dan: Why?
M: Someone was sleeping alone, didn't get him though
D: What? why?
M:Matt told us not to
D: No. Go out there and do it.
....It was Emar.....

Friday Night(PC)
-Go in game and here fighting outside the inn, go around a corner, get a spell packet to the back, and hear the words "spiritual domination"
-Keavy and Leandra RPing the spirits, making me stay up until 5am

Saturday:
-Learned to be a smith
-Was dragged on 2 different starting of mods, sucks and rocks being wanted so much
-Went to this camp, where there are sprites...Obviously...got spiritually dominated...again
-After the second time Matt, tells me I'm afraid of the forest.
-Putting a ceremony in a staff, when in Kaladonia, Soul Harvester shows up, I grab it and Run like hell, blew my trinket of 5 flees
-William died from the staff ceremony, so I sent Keavy away from the monastery so Luna wouldn't come out
-When the spirit in control of Seamus shows up, and says family meeting, I get Keavy, and take her swords
-The Misaki one then goes and intimidates me in giving him Keavy's sword

Saturday Night
-Got woken up hearing, you two have to get to the inn the battle started
-Get told the moment a Sprite comes and attacks the inn, I turn on the towns members
-See a sprite, get angry and then attack a new player, to who ever that was I'm sorry
-Get out of serious with my hands bound, mouth gagged and feet tied, I take my gag off, the manacles come off, and I turn around and pull rank (Caelvan to a new player)
C:Where is my sword?
NP: Why?
C: I need my sword
NP: You attacked her.
C: Yes and I am better now
NP: No
C: My name is Squire Caelvan Renaith, I am of sound mind and body, give me my sword
NP: No
thankfully, another person was there and handed it over
-Brazanite temple, loot from that, was a ton of ore and weapons, I tell belechand that I just learned to be a smith, he gave me all of the ore, was awesome.

Sunday
-wake up to spiders, empathize with it, and it runs to the monastery, where it goes with others, and I tell it to go away again...it climbs up a tree
-While I wait for my breakfast a couple travelers show up and one of them charms me and Keavy. Asks Keavy "Have you two made love yet?"...Sam WTF made you ask that?
-Couldn't finish that/figure out why we were charmed, so to who ever the marshal was for that, please continue I want to know where that was leading, with the charm skill......not the "made love yet part", Jim Bob I think that was you.
-Helping Dundee get a box open and getting knocked out, coming too with a silver exulted dagger in my belt
-Finally, poker, we were taking all of Dundee's money

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
23 Apr 2012 13:57 - 23 Apr 2012 20:08 #15 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic April 2012 Highlights
This weekend was definitely stellar, with good times all around.
Friday highlights:
*Finally watching Belegchand expert ID Maelstrom with Luminista, followed by sword plot. Being willing to go as far as I could to make sure the True Pentir (sp?)could talk to Elvarin ASAP.... and having that fail.
*Going to track down Lucas as my NPC, and hearing Ilana shout as I vanished "Wait, is she a REDHEAD?!"
*Getting my evil NPC hands on Lucas finally, and having that whole thing dragged out to half past dawn o'clock. After she got captured, learning about Lt. Blacktree's novel interrogation techniques, and Mae Fong getting more out of her in ten minutes than the others did in a truly silly amount of time :P
Also, Shannon, as a PC and NPC, we make a great team. <3
Saturday Highlights:
*Luncheon with Alisandria, and officially becoming a Town Guard member. Paying Blade to watch Aemorniel while I had a chat with Misaki, and explaining all about spongiform encephalopathy and its correlation to cannibalism to Jed.
*Sannyiah's reaction to Marika's decision, and trying to console her only to be attacked. Throwing her behind me and using myself as a shield. Hard to find someone small enough where I'm cover!
*Chasing a soul harvester during Main Mod.
*Some truly excellent conversations with two Paladins afterward
*Getting materials so Gideon could make me some new fun toys, which was interrupted by Awkward Coffee. Thanks, Alex -_-
*Meeting Rei and realizing in about thirty seconds where she was from, only to drag her on a mod involving a lot of the things she was trying to escape. Oops.
Sunday Highlights:
*Waking to Blade and Jonas having a conversation downstairs in Blade's cabin, where I was staying. Having the following exchange:
Me: "So how did you sleep, Jonas?"
Jonas: "On my side, with my hand under my head."
Me: "Heh, that's how I usually sleep, too."
Blade: "He learn from watching you sleep."
Me: (pause) "Okay, that's creepier than Wormwood."
*Teaching Sannyiah Willpower. Sometimes, you have to be cruel to be kind.
*Fighting the ice elementals was a nice touch.
*Breaking the ice again with Elawyn.
*Finally sitting down with Lucas for a friendly chat and getting something unexpected and important out of it. I still owe you a drink.

I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting, but fun was totally had. See y'all at Week in the Life!

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2012 20:08 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea).
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
23 Apr 2012 16:26 #16 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic April 2012 Highlights
First of all, WOW, sooo much happened this weekend. Matt, what an awesome plot! I'm so glad to have been a part of it!

Friday:
Keavy was being babysat by Leandra because Caelvan told her to since he wasn't going to be around.
Watched helplessly as healers were fighting off sprites. Keavy is not attuned, therefore she couldn't see them.
Keavy saw Blacktree once again, and tried confronting her about her "trophy". Pulled back by multiple people and was able to calm down after talking to Lady Elawyn. She won't confront Blacktree about it again.
Bit of a lull for a few hours....
Until Leandra and Keavy headed towards Kaladonia and were surrounded by sprites. Spiritually dominated and possesed by the soul of Luna.
Met up with Cerra in the inn with Seamus possessed by the father (I forget the name, sorry), Tobar possesed by Terenius, and Leandra as Terra, Luna's twin. The family drank and were merry, discussing what the bodies they possessed did and knew. As we walked, we happened to run into Caelvan.

Caelvan: Hey, Keavy, what's going on?
Luna!Keavy: I'm not Keavy. I'm Luna! :)
Caelvan:..........What?

Taken to the monastery to see Arch Bishop Libel and discuss the possessions. When Keavy returned to normal, she was extremely confused.

Saturday Morning:
NPC Shift:
A northern barbarian tribe woman with tribesman looking for herders.
and the best NPC character I ever got to RP, Teena, the artist with the traveling band of musicians! I actually played the flute for the first time and was able to draw a few people for coin, including Cerra! :) This was alot of fun, thanks Frank!

Back as Keavy, mulling around with Leandra and others, still really confused about everything. Every time Luna tok hold, she blacked out, and when she "woke" again, she became very scared.
Then....the soul harvester. Keavy used a few moves that she's never learned (torturer moves b/c of Luna) confusing the crap out of her, then seeing Leandra is completely taken by Terra, and Luna reappears to comfort her.

Until she blames Cerra for everything and decides she needs to kill her!

This was by far the best part of my role play as Luna. She ran away, despite Terra's wishes, to hunt down Cerra. Luckily she was near the monastery with Terenius!Tobar and as she got closer, Terra!Leandra, Ilana, AND Blacktree all grab her to hold her back. Blacktree quickbinds Luna!Keavy and not a minute after, she returns to normal Keavy again...Causing Keavy to freak out and cry(With actual tears! I surprised myself!). They untied her and Keavy wept and pleaded to see Caelvan. Elana promised her she'd find him.....and she didn't....so Keavy left with Na'ar to find him, being in a lethargic daze and worried about when Luna would repossess her.

Which she did at one point. Luckily, Keavy warned Na'ar that if she were to appear, he must stop her at all costs...So he waylay'd her :P Nice one, Nate. Really wasn't expecting the waylay when it happened haha

Eventually, she found Caelvan and cried in his arms. They sat and talked about what was going on, how confused, scared and worried Keavy was, and he calmed her down as best as he could.

And then there was a soul harvester again! After failing to help, Luna reappeared and stealthily tried to inflict pain onto Cerra, only to be intercepted by Terenius!Tobar. Luna, surrounded at this point, and now conflicted with her own feelings, tried to convince Terenius!Tobar that he belongs to her. It ended with Keavy's sword blown to bits and a very angry Luna!Keavy. She passes out and Keavy wakes up, upset that it happened again.

Some time before feast, the spirit family is assembled by the monastery, including Misaki's possessor, and Caelvan warns Keavy that Luna needs to take over for them to talk, to which she hands him her remaining swords. Once she does, FatherD!Seamus scolds Luna!Keavy and they come to a truce of sorts.

Still peeved, Luna!Keavy sits away from the spirit family, and some interesting RP ensues when Caelvan talks to her.--
Caelvan: You just have to learn to move on. You can't go and kill someone about it, it won't help. You have to try looking elsewhere-
Luna!Keavy: I'M DEAD YOU IDIOT!
Caelvan:..Do you see what I mean then? If you were to kill Cerra, then she would become a spirit too, and still be with Terenius. It wouldn't help your case at all!

Keavy was very exhausted afterward. Feast woke her up a bit. (Thank goodness because I hadn't eaten all day!)

Nap time!

-Main Mod-
Woke up hearing main mod started and that it's pouring out..
Told to go to the inn, become Luna!Keavy and turn on the town
Instantly captured and given broken arms, tied and manacled. A lot of cool RP here with the pain and such, and hats off to Aquaenay for the crit-to-healing process. (And the fact you 'took off my mouth gag' so I could scream as all hell when you were killing me haha! :) )
Cured! Left to defend the inn from whatever else.
Heard a voice whisper "I will come back for you" Keavy freaked a bit.

Once all the chaos was over, time for a Lore: Chaos lesson from Professor Jack Cypher. (See what I did there?) Best. Lesson. Yet. Got my insanity right away too: nightmares!

Last part of the night was a quick mod about the Brazen something or other..pretty cool. Got a superior exalted 2HE out of it!

Sunday:
Waiting for food when a few strangers come to the inn. One with a wolf that Keavy couldn't talk to somehow. Anther stranger charmed Keavy and asked her very intimate questions! -blushblush- Like Conor said, I'd love to see where this was supposed to go.

Keavy was able to help with one of Caelvan's lessons, then she was given her own on 2HE with Wolfgar. Lots of fun.

Lastly had a chat with Leandra and Ravyn about Gaia.

Amazing event. Loved every second! To all who kept asking me if I had a good time (and somehow there was sooooo many!) yes, it was awesome! You guys are the best. :)

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
23 Apr 2012 16:47 - 23 Apr 2012 16:47 #17 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic April 2012 Highlights

Amalthea wrote: After she got captured, learning about Lt. Blacktree's novel interrogation techniques

Honey, we can have a strange connection anytime you want :-D. I doubt either Norm OR Silverbow has smiled that hard in years.
----
There's a certain amount of pride in getting called "creepy" by Orias Wormwood of all people.
----
The new official induction speech for new Guardsmen: "Welcome to the Guard. I'm/thats Lieutenant Blacktree, and you're going to hate me/her. Luckily, that's my/her job."
---
Magnus: "If I find out there's been any case of a Guardsman thinking 'Mommy Blacktree said no, so I'm going to ask Daddy Magnus', you're going to be taken to task by Blacktree, then by me, then by the leader of whatever land or group you represent. Then I'm giving you BACK to Blacktree."
---
Absolute #1 highlight: apparently making so many other peoples highlights!

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
Last edit: 23 Apr 2012 16:47 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
23 Apr 2012 18:06 #18 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic April 2012 Highlights

Amalthea wrote: *Luncheon with Alisandria, and officially becoming a Town Guard member. Paying Blade to watch Aemorniel while I had a chat with Misaki.

You PAID him? WHEN DID YOU DO THAT? lol. And here I thought he loved my delightful company. BTW--Mike, talking to you about why Magic is evil was quite an interesting topic.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
23 Apr 2012 18:15 #19 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic April 2012 Highlights
All I have to say is...

Alisandria Steakhouse.

Nuff said.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
23 Apr 2012 19:23 - 23 Apr 2012 19:25 #20 by Rose McTavish (Rose McTavish)
Replied by Rose McTavish (Rose McTavish) on topic April 2012 Highlights
Oh man... what an event... Before I get all started with highlights and stuff, I just want to thank Matt for writing such an awesome weekend and rolling with everything that happened and all the crazy ideas that we came up with while playing so well, and also for giving me the privilege of playing Cerra. And also a big thanks to all the other members of Cerra's family, Willam/Matt, Tobar/Terenius/Zach, Keavy/Luna/Dani, Leandra/Tara/Kate, Misaki/Kevramos/Cy, Seamus/Deranthius/(all the other names we thought of since no one could remember), you guys were awesome, and I wouldn't have had half as much fun at this event as I did without you all. Much love!

So now, Highlights in no particular order:

-Coming out as Cerra the troubled satyr, and beginning my first bout of wandering, only to suddenly find Matt dressed as her best friend William.
-Listening to a story of the escape from Markovia as Cerra, and being enthralled by the story telling. Very well done Nate, I was captivated the entire time, even if Cerra was a bit flighty.
-Talking to people that I have known as Rose for so long as someone that they have never met before was very fun for me. It's always an adventure to see the game with new eyes. =)
-The Turning of Tobar. "I think I can see him in your eyes... if you would just let me try to speak with him... just so I can tell him I love him one last time..." Zach, that was such an awesome moment of RP for me, thank you so much for just going with it, and dropping perfectly right into Terenius.
-HOLY CRAP LUNA IS GONNA KILL ME. Dani, you were awesome. I honest to goodness actually thought you might kill me a few times there...
-The first soul harvester fight. From "Well, that USED to be a sword..." to Luna's confession of love to Terenius, and then being hug attacked by Misaki/Kev, it was a pretty epic time all around.
-Two words: Satyr. Wine. Thanks to all who came along for the ride.
-Deranthius in Angelica's body. "Um... hello there father. You look... different..." Tori, that was HILARIOUS.
-Breaking down when Father Labelle exorcised Deranthius from Seamus's body, and going on a long walk alone afterwards, only to find a torture scene. Go figure...
-All the talks with Ilanna. Mars, I really just don't get to role play with you enough, and I really have to thank you for all the awesome that you did.
-The Sacrifice of Marika. Sam, this whole thing was probably one of the most heart wrenching and truly emotional things I have been involved with at KR so far. Seeing just what you would do for this, from taking a change on your card to taking a death for an NPC and a PC, I was impressed all around. It was amazing to watch as Terenius began to be taken over by the Soul Harvester, and your choice got clearer and clearer before you, until you finally just grabbed onto him and whispered to him why you were doing this, and then just let go. The bittersweet joy afterwards was phenomenal. I hope your repayment was at least somewhat enough.
-Attending the mage's guild meeting as Cerra and a Tobar/Terenius, and having the whole family show up, and being subsequently kicked out of said meeting.
-The Final Battle. Being hit by the Soul Harvester, and turning on the town and attacking them all and apologizing the whole time, and telling them that I didn't mean to do this, and eventually being knocked out and carried away to await the Soul Harvester's death/leaving.
-ALL OF SUNDAY.
-Cerra and Lady Elawyn fighting off spiders. ALL the Blinks. And afterwards: Zach/Terenius: "Well that was exciting... I brought you coffee." So many fun.
-Alluding at things to come in the Spirit Realm.
-Becoming citizens of Kaladonia. Hooray!
-After lay off was called, having a zillion people come up to me and compliment me on my Satyr legs. Kudos to Liam on that one for letting me borrow them. =)

I'm sure there is more that I would put up here, so I will edit as I remember, but for now, this is all. All 'round, one of the most fun events I think I've ever had. Can't wait til the next one!

OOG - Maxine Mencl
Last edit: 23 Apr 2012 19:25 by Rose McTavish (Rose McTavish).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mother Marika (Ophelia)
23 Apr 2012 22:44 #21 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic April 2012 Highlights

Aemorniel Silverbow wrote: So much great RP this event for Aemorniel.

Best part was when someone came up and said "Who gave the scholar a sword?!" with such horror. I can't remember my reply now but you tossing up your bow in the air and declaring "I'm done. I'm done!" was probably one of my favorite highlights of playing this character ever.

I'm glad Anhîl (I) could make you laugh.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
23 Apr 2012 22:51 #22 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic April 2012 Highlights

Aemorniel Silverbow wrote:

Amalthea wrote: *Luncheon with Alisandria, and officially becoming a Town Guard member. Paying Blade to watch Aemorniel while I had a chat with Misaki.

You PAID him? WHEN DID YOU DO THAT? lol. And here I thought he loved my delightful company. BTW--Mike, talking to you about why Magic is evil was quite an interesting topic.

When you weren't looking, of course!

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
24 Apr 2012 00:10 #23 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic April 2012 Highlights
More to come tomorrow. Brain is still tired from everything.

1. Running down a hill, and over a bridge with Aemorniel Silverbow on my shoulder, to get her away from the incoming soul harvester. I dont think anyone at KR has ever seen me move so fast.

2. Learning Scholar. Maybe Icarus's curiosity will finally be sated. Naaaaaaaaaa!

3. Inviting both the living and spiritual members of the Satyre family to the wedding. After this weekend, Im sure Cerra will be able to figure out how to pull it off. Have fun with that Matt.

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
24 Apr 2012 10:22 #24 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic April 2012 Highlights

Rose McTavish wrote: -The Sacrifice of Marika. Sam, this whole thing was probably one of the most heart wrenching and truly emotional things I have been involved with at KR so far. Seeing just what you would do for this, from taking a change on your card to taking a death for an NPC and a PC, I was impressed all around. It was amazing to watch as Terenius began to be taken over by the Soul Harvester, and your choice got clearer and clearer before you, until you finally just grabbed onto him and whispered to him why you were doing this, and then just let go. The bittersweet joy afterwards was phenomenal. I hope your repayment was at least somewhat enough.

I seriously don't think I've ever cried so much in one event Maxine. You and Zach were phenomenal to work off of. The sheer pain on your face whenever you looked at me, knowing that I was your only hope for your husband to live once more...you guys really set the mood fantastically.

And yes, the recompense was lovely thank you, though Marika did it without asking for anything...

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
24 Apr 2012 12:18 #25 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic April 2012 Highlights
My everything hurts. Guess that means it was a good event.

-Teaching and learning. Once again this was a great event for it. From the lessons I received from Lethias and Doctor Maxwell, to the lessons I taught to various people, it was fantastic.
-Fun and interesting discussions with Ardis. I can see us getting along quite well.
-Inverted Tower mod right after lay-on. It was more than a little ridiculous, but in a good way. Especially seeing as it was a mod I went on consciously aware that Winks may not come back. Being able to use a couple skills that I never had before was nice, though.
-Absolutely incredible chat with Jack Cypher that let both of us learn more about the other than I think either of us ever intended. I look forward to more of that.
-Every single chat with Kielor. Especially helping him teach Galen how to track.
-You know, for someone who plays an Acrobat, I sure had terrible balance this event. First I trip over Connor while backpedaling away from Steve's Soul Harvester in the barn, and then I trip over the fireplace tools in the Inn when possessed towns members start attacking. I know, I'm oh so graceful.
-Feast. Bread bowls are some of my most favorite things ever. Goose, it was wonderful.
-Main Mod insanity. Despite my boot falling apart in the rain, I enjoyed myself immensely. The combat was appropriately hectic, and the search for the Soul Harvester definitely lent something to the atmosphere.

See everyone next time!

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
24 Apr 2012 18:27 #26 by Lord Stormbringer (Sir S)
Replied by Lord Stormbringer (Sir S) on topic April 2012 Highlights
So I don't normally post much here, but events over the weekend are compelling me to do so.

First and foremost, thank you KR community for providing me an awesome weekend. From meeting friends old ( a decade or more in many cases) and new (some just a few months), to multiple conversations in game, be it crossing latex, or the antics of Fallow's Follies, I genuinely enjoyed myself.

I think the most memorable moment of the event was the 2 hour abuse session put on my the cast of Fallow's Follies. To say that Matt and Jim Bob were critical in generating a synergy is an insulting understatement of their value. Thank you both so much for the creative input and boundless energy required to support the show. The same goes to the rest, like my 'Woman' -Liz, my 'Jill-in-the-box', and the crew of goons who stood menacing in the milieu of depravity and corruption. You were all desperately critical to pulling it off. So you have my deepest thank you and greatest appreciation for your efforts. As for the dozen or so PC's who endured the madness, I simply say a few months of psycho-therapy should put you strait again...

Thanks to all,

Gregory

Lord Nigel Stormbringer
Paladin of the White Fox
Lord to Ashford Hill
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
24 Apr 2012 19:09 #27 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic April 2012 Highlights
I'd like to thank Maxine, Steve, Cooper, Zach, Katie, Danielle, Cy, Goley and all of the others who helped contribute to this weekend. I had so much fun running this weekend, and was glad that all the anticipation after a whole year of worth it. Your RP was great, and you guys helped me roll with the punches of running my first full weekend. Again thank you. I'd love to do this again in the future...

As far as highlights go:

-Greg's antics as Fallow. I had to strain to not chuckle at some points while sitting there as a dead body.
-Liam, thank you SO much for letting Maxine borrow your legs. They made the weekend. I can't count how many people thought she was a PC.
-Sam, your sacrifice for an NPC was amazing. Thank you.
-The scene in the Barn with the Soul harvester was just brilliant. Steve, you actually scared me a little. And then the panic that ensued when they tried to take you down.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
24 Apr 2012 20:21 #28 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic April 2012 Highlights
What a great event :)

Friday-
-Warrior Monk/Khitanese/Tao plot- I loved it. I really really want to see more. It was great and being scared to die but more worried for Shen was even better. I loved it!
-Talking with Laurens npc in the spirit realm. Yea- totally happened. And found out tons of stuff. My crazy thoughts are useful!

Saturday-
-Tao lessons! <3
-Such a nice feast at Alisandria. Teaching there was an extra bonus. I really hope you liked it- I know I did.
-Talking with Shen and getting suprising news.
-Just walking around talking was nice :)
-Making plans with Atrus

NPC-
Yay wet and rainy!
Fallow-
Amazing :) I loved it- being able to play my old npc was nice and the rp and mod was soo well written and rp'd I loved every minute of it. I cannot wait until Fallow comes back again :D

Sat night-
-Bringing out my alt.....into the worst mod ever for her. Travance suddenly feels just like home :P

Sun-
-Playing Rei and interacting a bit more

Im still tired but I just want to say I loved every minute of everything. Ill see you all in a few weeks :D

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
25 Apr 2012 12:54 #29 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic April 2012 Highlights

Lord Stormbringer wrote: . . .As for the dozen or so PC's who endured the madness, I simply say a few months of psycho-therapy should put you strait again...

Thanks to all,

Gregory

Yeah. . .a few months. . . try few decades. . .

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
25 Apr 2012 14:59 #30 by fatherdaemos (fatherdaemos)
Replied by fatherdaemos (fatherdaemos) on topic April 2012 Highlights
To say that I had a wild event is a bit of an understatement. Friday night got off to a bang having to spend time with Rudolf and others to talk business for myself and future plans. It was awesome to see a lot of faces and characters from as far back in the history of the game as mine in. always good to know that Sir Slack doesn't hold the imprisonment spell from ten years ago against me. Altaras was awesome, as my jaw dropped when I saw him. Asking gideon, "hey, is Altaras allowed to be in town...Altaras, I thought he was dead, Well guess not...what was he found guility of? *ten minutes later Gideon finishes the list* yeah, thought so. But the Best thing was running into one of my old partners in crime from my wild days, Sir Nigel.

Friday night was suppose to end well, with a nice drink with the highlanders in the monastary. But real life sort of stepped in, and all that were involved in helping me through this embarassing scene, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Woke up early saturday to do my NPC duty, which Fis always a blast. The first npc was my poor beggar, Finnan the blind smith. The monster marshal and I have started working on some good back story that will make this character more fun in the future. The final npc I did was a wandering weapons merchant, who had a nice bit to sell and all the weapons were sold in almost minutes of being out there. I hope the PC have good fun.

Sat Night: not feeling that hot, I have been hiding in the monastary when the big fight began to happen and everyone seeming in town decided to come in. I finally got to use my promotion skill, and did the 10' radius call to war to all the faithful. Somewhere before the feast I got into with Master Haroldson, over my use of the word heretic in relation to him. I can see something fun in the future, can we say gargoyle on gargoyle honor duel :-P. But we will see what happens, Salutes to Charlie for a good fun scene all around.

Sunday was another morning of suck for me, as I had to see if I left my wallet at the hospital. lucky for me it was just in another backpack in the monastary.

Even with the bad stuff, I had a truly great time and thank everyone that I got to hang out with. maybe next month I will get beyond the monastary and Inn to see the rest of the changes on the camp.

Father Daemos Jord

OOC: Brian
"God, on high...hear my prayer, In my need you have always been there"
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.931 seconds