Week In the Life Hilights

03 Jun 2012 22:12 #1 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Week In the Life Hilights was created by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Wow, what a game.
First I just want to thank everyone for making this game such a joys part of my life. Thank you all for everything.

Now to this event:

Friday
Hunkered in the Inn to stay away from the water.

Saturday
Got up and worked in the kitchen to serve breakfast.
Went out and went with people to get some truffles. Our group of people were all fairly new to Travance, so when we ran across an Earth Lord we had some issues. However we succeeded and it was fun. Then we ran into a group of trolls and managed to dispatch them and get back to the inn, where I went on a quest to get a phenix feather. As we arrived at the Volcano we were greeted by some grim guardians and, with little help from me, the group managed to dispatch the guardians and get the feather. Right after that I got to sit down at the Caledonia druid feast and talk to the Lady of the land. An amazingly relaxing time in trance. Something that doesn't happen that often. It was nice. After that was some learning and training with some of the newer people and Gidion. He made some weapons then started training us on how to work together as a team better. Feast then off to NPCing main mod.

This was the first Main Mod I have been apart of since coming to KR. So I didn't know what to expect.

Anyway I was sent out as an Elder Fire elemental. We got to terrorize the town a bit then go help finish setting up the area. When main mod started it was great I got the opportunity to just run around and fight everyone with out any worry of death. The look and feel of main Mod was fun. Made a few people fall down but for the most part I just got to run, cackle and make fun of important people with no reproach. It was awesome. After main mod I helped with clean up of the area. I volunteered for the extra shift of NPCing. Got to play part of the dark clergy and find out just how strong the light clergy is in a fight. After NPCing I went to bed.

Sunday
Got up late and hug out in the inn. Went for some training on how to reposition my self on the battlefield with Winks and Alana. After that we fought some earth elementals then water water water elementals. They were everywhere and the whole of the city fought well. Another highlight for me was sitting by the lake with the entire town just relaxing and waiting. Good fun was had there.

All in all a great event for me, and I wish I could have been there for the whole week. Thank you all for the fun

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • tesserex
  • Thank Yous: 0
03 Jun 2012 22:38 #2 by tesserex (tesserex)
Replied by tesserex (tesserex) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
First event PCing!

Friday night:
Staying in the inn, and after about an hour getting courted by nearly every land. I had so much random stuff pressed into my hand, "we need a smith, join our land!". I found it hilarious. Watching the chess game between Edwin and Rellin was funny. Needless to say, I'm not jealous for the NPCs.

Saturday:
Never got a break! Whoever played the pig on the troll hunt quest was amazing. I've only seen one person ever covered in more mud, and that was Ralph. I was really happy that the ugly arrows I made for Rellin actually shot true, despite looking like pillows on sticks. The fight with the elemental lord of earth was intense, and I really think I had no business being there. Fortunately, I lived. Strength training was hilarious, I was put on pothole repair. I'm not going to lie, I think everyone should do strength training like that, maybe then we get get rid of some of these puddles!

Sunday:
Slept, and learned a lot of skills. I literally filled out all of the spaces on my card for skills in training this event. Needless to say, Rogar is going to have a busy month practicing!

Dan Bassett

Daniel Bassett

Rogar Ironborn
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
03 Jun 2012 22:47 #3 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Just a brief note since I am beat. I will elaborate a bit onDan's Strength lesson.
Dan (a newb smith) wanted to learn how to improve his strength. Doug (Dougal) had a decent idea, but I was looking directly at the pile of gravel across the road from Pendarvin, and said "Fill that barrow, move it to the closest hole between here and the Monastery, and dump and spread it. Then do it a second time."

Dan took off his chain and did it. Full loads, I hasten to add. His service to the Barony was duly noted, as well as his new-found strength. Thanks for being a good sport about it as well, Dan.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
04 Jun 2012 00:30 - 04 Jun 2012 11:56 #4 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Where to even begin with this fantastic event?! SO GOOD!!
Wednesday:
-Autopsy! =D
-Getting to laze around and role play with people ^_^
- Realizing how much Kamei has grown and how much she can do
-I believe Kamei now deserves the title of Doctor~ Or at least is very very close to it.

Thursday:
-Gypsy massage!!!! So worth the gold
-Sleep was awesome, I remember that!
-Really good Role play with members of Ostcliff
-Learning how to Inoculate for poison and getting verbal consent to carry said poison!
-Another one of Kamei’s cousins found her way into Travance, Li Song, played by Kat <3
-Elven hot dogs down at the caravans! Om nom nom
-Oooooozzzzzzzzeeeeeee
-Sitting in the yurt for three hours smoking hookah with Atrus, teaching him Lit: Khitan and telling him more about our culture. Thank you John for awesome role play, I think Atrus and Kamei are going to get along just fine.

Friday:
-First wave of goblins...getting my feet played with then hiding in shadows
-Second wave of goblins....Jenna..you suck. Haha <3 Also, all of the waylays, right Drew?
-Being stereotypical and going out for sushi with Adam XD
-Epic running in a rain storm down to the caravans with Jun…got SOAKED
-Healing Paige from Consumption, poor Bedouin )= <3
-Awesome shower on the soft hold. Showers at game are the best thing ever.
-Baking cake! =D (Brownie on bottom, yellow cat and vanilla icing)

Saturday:
-Waking up ass early to have Kamei and Baoyu’s wedding…and not having it
-Wedding, Changing, Helping write a love letter with Atrus, teaching and helping make feast..so busy!
-Realizing that Baoyu was missing for a day and a half, as to why he wasn’t at the wedding (Bah playing drow!)
-I never felt Kamei that angry before, or that upset...
-Finding out that he was killed and reanimated from Lady Elawyn, and hearing that people in Ostcliff didn’t want me to know because he was insane and wanted to make him “better” before I knew about it.
-Best time dealing with Baoyu as he was insane and hearing him insulting EVERYONE. (Dishonor! Worthless! etc)
-Keeping a straight face as Baoyu told Kamei he didn’t love her, I am so glad she is a physician and psychoanalyzed him before having the discussion otherwise it probably would've gone much differently
-Baoyu revealing to everyone that Kamei is an assassin. Yayy!
- "Mae! We found out why Baoyu wasn't at the wedding! -as Baoyu is flesh to stone-"
-(as to the one high light above)Sorry Kate! Didn’t mean to make you tear up~ I am also very glad Elawyn was proud of Kamei for not taking Baoyu's insults to heart.
-Helping make a delicious feast and serving (but being interrupted by the news of Baoyu)
-MAIN MOD CAKE! Yes, instead of going out on main mod, Kamei and Baoyu sat in the inn, eating cake, and then shared the rest with the others who did not go out either.
-Around 2am, made wonton, teriyaki chicken, rice and salad and had a nice Khitan meal with Baoyu, Quan Liu, Mae Fang, Tatsuya, Jun and Toravisu.
-OM NOM NOM FEAST <3 You’re awesome Luis
-Getting to actually feel a shift in Kamei, and realizing the potential she has.

Sunday:
-Great NPC shift with everyone!
-Getting the chance to meet and hang out with Kate as Mephits ^^
-I hope some of the lower levels felt awesome as they downed us
-Also! You’re all horrible….Mephits are like hobbit sized! It’s like you could punt them…tsk tsk.
-Getting awesome RP with Kate and Dante! We told you we weren’t wild mages!!! >:( xD Thank you Shane as Boryev for proving our point!
-Startling people ;) I love wasting tag skills on Sunday, best thing ever.
-FINALLY! KHITAN PLOT!! X___X <3 Cappy and Goley...You're my heroes. Though, it seems my "three steps of retiring Kamei" has made a shift.
-Deciding that Kamei and Baoyu are getting married between events instead of doing it at the event itself.
-Climbing a tree at the end and sitting up there with Boryev for a bit (IG of course)
-Having Zipeto tell me that the only reason they didn't die was because of the complex lock and key I gave them for payment for massage XD

Thank you all for such amazingness <3 I’ll be seeing you next month!! <3

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
Last edit: 04 Jun 2012 11:56 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli). Reason: Will be edited more when more highlights come to mind
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
04 Jun 2012 08:17 #5 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Friday:
I got to help out the new players on the new player mod. I also had a great time hanging out in the inn out of the rain. I also got to hear some great music from the bards that was fun.
Saturday:
In the morning before i went to bed I got a chance to meet cragmore and was there in the fight with Magnus, Blacktree, Qwuildar, and Raphiel. We unfortunatly lost but I was still able carry Raphiels dead body and help Blacktree get back to the inn after she had a rended limb. I'm so glad I got to actualy save other people instead of having to be brought back up myself! I also had a great time playing the hook for main mod. The main mod area itself was really epic great job to everyone who worked on it!
Sunday:
Sunday was really fun. I managed to fight some elementals which was fun. I also had to fight one on my own thanks to louis but that was still awsome. I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone at the water front. Great event and great job to everyone involved! :-)

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
04 Jun 2012 11:08 #6 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
It seems a rarity to have so dramatic a main mod, but I think that everyone involved would agree with me when I say, "Thank you" to all the NPCs, Marshals and Players alike who made it possible.

Other than that, I wanted to take the time for a special shout out to the Alisandria team; I don't think I've laughed that hard in years. More than that, you have been nothing but the spirit of generosity to me, and for that I am very grateful. Its a delight to rp with you, and always a pleasure to get to know you more both in and out of game.

Among the Alisandrian crowd, Jed (Judge), Lady Casandra (Mary-Beth), Lord Blackthorne (Joe Bondi) and Sinestra/Sin (if that is how you spell it), made my event with their involvement in one of Bolton's lessons. Your faces were priceless, and they transformed the grim and bloody work of dissecting a dead fire imp into a moment of pure comedy. For the record, don't eat breakfast while learning how to dissect- fire imp blood tastes remarkably like tobasco sauce which is NOT a good thing when you are eating a poppy seed bagel.

Eli
RP Marshal
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
04 Jun 2012 11:35 #7 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
There were so many wonderful things happening this event and many of them completely blew my mind.

~The great vassal debate. 4 lands expressing interest in me--all needing a court scholar and I consider all of them good friends now and respect each of them...GAH. It's nice to feel wanted but Aemorniel really doesn't think she deserves all of this respect.
~Becoming good pals with Jed over our similar pasts and finding a friend to turn to who actually understands the scars that slavery leave behind are not always visible. While Kwildar does share that as well, something about Jed is of a like mind about his time like Aemorniel.
~My Wanted Poster becoming invalid according to a letter that appeared in my bag when visiting and playing games with Lord and Lady Blackthorne and their vassals outside of their statehouse. Edwin insists on checking its validity but if it is true...the idea of freedom is still too big a shock to set in. If it is true, whoever is my angel deserves a hug and my super chocolately brownies ;)
~Learning probably close to 25 skills over the whole event.
~Drunken Elven celebrations. Those who had to deal with me--I hope I at least was entertaining.
~All the courting attempts--you gentlemen know who you are and I find it so amusing.
~Ben's face during feast when I turned to him nonchalantly and said "So Doctor Maxwell, when are we getting married?" and all the jokes about that throughout the event. Dementia is a bitch and occasionally makes me say ridiculous things. I love hanging out with you and all your lessons are so fun. WORMS ARE GROSS!!!!!
~Getting mostly cured of my insanities but Sorel and Ridigan not letting me go on Bottle Mod because of how last time I came back more crazy.
~The mod where we found the pearl after many of the others literally had to go digging in the stream for oysters. That was so much fun!
~KWILDAR RETURNED! So much happiness and tackle hugging and then making what I call the Codex of Love.
~Carlos' card reading for me. Blew my mind so much I had to curl up in a ball at the couch for a moment before begging Maxwell to distract me by fixing my brain. You have no idea how much that reading had been haunting her the entire event.
~All the research projects! Actually getting answers is kind of an accomplishment in my mind. Bolton, you're okay. You just have to rise to the occasion. I'll be watching to see your progress.
~Hanging out with good friends and missing those faces who couldn't be there.
~Falling asleep on a couch in the Inn waiting for Main mod to spurt out the Lord of Ice. 3 people trying to make a point about falling asleep on the couch is bad being met with a grumpy "Sleeping Sanctuary and Lightning Storms up the ass" as my response, usually followed by a "Touche".
~Aemorniel finally letting go of the thing she was holding back for so long it seemed--just as the cards said--and not being rejected when she returned to the place she is starting to call home. Her trip might become all the more exciting now. <3 Also probably one of my best nights ever too.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
04 Jun 2012 13:15 #8 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Such a fantastic week, with so much happening and so much more to think about.

-Card reading and more with Carlos. Winks had been very wary of getting this done, but I'm glad he finally did.
-Learning my first Air spells from Ethan and Morwenne. Very intense RP there, and I'm very grateful to them for it.
-PIEDAY!
-Talking with more knights about nobility, namely Dougal, Colin, and Sorel. I fully intend to finish, regardless of the following...
-The reassignment of Ilservian to Loez. Once again, Winks' world comes crashing down around him, only in a very different way and for different reasons. He is again a squire without a knight, but he's going to keep working and making the best of it. Thank you to Angelica, Arabeth, and Kwildar for talking him through it.
-Mage's Guild meeting, and the entire guild fighting together very effectively when we were interrupted by a large group of elementals.
-Drega'Mire talks.
-Fire Mod. So very intense.
-Stupid o'clock ramblings with Rose.
-Starting my Master Warrior training with Tobar and Barak. Been looking forward to this.
-Sunday relaxations at the beach, and teaching so many lessons. Hooray for old students, new students, and potential students.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicoletta (fyperia)
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
04 Jun 2012 14:33 #9 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Despite my event being cut short due to my body failing me once more :angry:

I had a great time for the day I was there, from partaking in Blacktree's forest cookout and chilling session, to smacking around some undead, and some great RP where the old grouch tried to keep two of his former apprentices from making him bury them.

I hope the sausages made it out again despite my not being there. Many thanks to Luis for taking over for me in cooking them in my less than stellar state.

And I had a ball during my MM shift on Thursday. You guys that NPCed for me were awesome and real troopers. I look forward to indulging you in my particular brand of madness again sometime soon. I'm really loving the way the Logistics Marshall position freed me up to focus my evil on NPCs. A+ to that.

Downside: Shortly after the high of my MM shift on Thursday, my body caught up with me and I had to leave the camp. I'm still a little loopy on medications, but don't worry, I should be back to normal soon. To the wonderful lady who took pity on me and helped me gather my things, I apologize but my own terrible memory and the copious amount of medications I was on prevented me from remember your name, but I would like to thank you again.

I truly had a great time and I really wish I could have stayed, and a high as a kite Galen would have been hilarious, but I suspect it would have ended in disaster. I hope everyone else had a blast and I'll see you all next month. :)

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
04 Jun 2012 16:42 #10 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
I'm exhausted, my everything is sore, and I was late to work because of this. So worth it.

-Setting up the big tent in the caravans as a gypsy bazzar/massage parlor was great. Thanks to everyone who complimented us on it. We all thought it looked great.
-Thanks to everyone on my very first official Monster Marshal shift. You all did great, even though you werre exhausted and cold.
-Werewolves, Tribbles, and Rocco the Smut Peddler. Shenanigans!
-Hookah with Ostcliff in the caravans. Stories, jokes, massages, lessons, and a great sense of comradeship.
-You cast Decay on a Galmachian's pants and a paladin calls Intercept and Retribution, what do you do? Call Retribution right back of course.
-Glad people liked the hot oil massages. They shall return!
-Stupid o'clock Pesmerga imitations. He has a pool boy named Raoul who wears booty shorts. Who knew?
-Accidentally happening upon a master warrior lesson involving a Greater Phantasm and becoming part of it. Hands down, the coolest MW lession I've witnessed yet.
-All of the teaching and learning things!
-Jingling Fists Of a Thousand Horse Thieves!
-Chicken soaking in marinade for 4 days? OM NOM NOM NOM!
-6 offers for the Allegiance system. Gonna make this hard on me, aren't you guys?
-Every bit of RP I had involving Gypsy things this event was great. It'll be fun seeing where it all goes.
-Cannibal mod. My throat hated me after that, but the resulting insanity of it was worth it.
-Dream catchers and Native American medicine man npc. It was refreshing to play a calm, wise sort of role instead of the usual combat and insanity I get tapped for.
-Why is the mage the backup healer? Who is the main healer? A Chroniclerite bard? And we lived and succeeded?! How in hell does that happ- oooh, a trinket!
-Trapped boxes, goblin fights, fire drakes, and Sergei and Bolton finding that they tag team well.
-I have likely forgotten things, but suffice to say, everything was awesome. See y'all next event.

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
04 Jun 2012 17:14 #11 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
I want to thank everybody for their concern over Zach's and my own health this weekend. We're both fine :)

Poker on friday night was good times. I bought a mug of wine for 7 gold, and let me tell you, it was worth every silver. It restored twenty career points, and I was told by the NPCs that it was "to satyrs wine as satyrs wine is to regular alcohol." That was loads of fun to rp.

I had my cards read by Carlos (along with about half the town), and it was stunningly accurate. It also suggested to Carlotta that the fix she's in is at least partially her own damn fault. Sigh.

Saturday:

The adventurer's guild was as fun as it ever was, though I couldn't help but feel the monster we fought had been created by Glomites with exceptional knowledge of photoshop. Our reward for destroying this monster included a bouquet of roses from the people it had been terrorizing. Oh, and I got promoted to Scout. Woohoo! Here's to hoping that the adventurer's guild stays strong!

Being invited to join the Springtide celebration was loads of fun. I was going to be polite and only have a little to eat, but everything looked so good! I ended up stuffing myself. Kleiden and Keavy both made some wonderful treats. I'm sure a lot of others did too, but I didn't catch who made everything I ate :)

I learned my first earth spells this month. It will be interesting to see how this new sphere affects me.

I'm sure there's plenty I'm leaving out, but that's all I've got time to post today.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
04 Jun 2012 17:53 #12 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
I'm going to keep these to a few bullet points, I have a hard time reading them if they're more then a few sentances long :cheer:

- Laser Tag
- "For 4 gold a day, you can support a starving child in Coast Haven, along with his disfigured kitten". Laugh all you want, I got a total of 36 gold from this.
- Baked Brie ended up being fantastic, will baked brie again
- First Montgomery of the season, Garett, you're fantastic on the grill
- Best looking main mod I've seen at this camp site since James bought it.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Derelith
  • You cannot believe what you can't conceive.
  • Thank Yous: 9
04 Jun 2012 18:23 #13 by Derelith (Derelith)
Replied by Derelith (Derelith) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Thursday
-Helping out in logistics from 4pm to 3am XD
-Moldavians. Dan knows the rest
-Cooking the "Elven Hotdogs"
-Madness with Wraith

Friday
-Walmart adventure with a fellow elf to regain supplies

Saturday
-My newly learned Shield of Nature made me feel like quite the asset for main mod
-on that note props to the people who did main mod it was brilliant
-beeing the infamous Sword-Bear-Priest

Sunday
-Chasing the fire drake in only pants

Derelith

IC: Derelith
OOG: Ray Hunter
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
04 Jun 2012 18:33 #14 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
So... This event can be summed up with 2 words: gypsy doctor.

Wednesday: lessons, realizing that I had a lot more build at the start of the event then I thought I did.
Getting almost all of the first rank physician stuff in the first day.
Then getting to see the looks on people's faces when they discovered that I was a gypsy physician.
Learning small weapon from a drow, and a sylvan elf.
Thursday: spending 6 hours in logistics, mainly because I let liam borrow parts of my garb for a mod... But I did get another 2 build for it since I had done 2 extra shifts.
MOST LESSONS!!!
A few more lessons after that.
Retarded Galamacians... 'Nuff said.
And decaying pants.
Friday... I mean pie day!
Telling the story of the encounter the night before, and getting pie for it.
More lessons.
Learning lit: dark elven for the sole purpose of writing insults or other silly things in it.
Dissecting elementals in the middle of a battle is kinda fun.
Gypsy meeting
Falling asleep at the yurt, only to be woken up by a certain vampire.
Saturday:
ALL OF THE LESSONS!
Viktor managed to do something big in his first event, And by something big I mean he closed a portal.
Physician party!
A few more lessons.
Feast was pretty freaking good.
Cake, giving a high elf satyr's wine, and shenanigans.
Logistics marshal shift:
So many insanities!
Tribble mod,
Rocco,
And the disappointment when we saw that a fallow mod was gonna start up.
Sunday was a good wind down.
The only downside is that I didn't get a chance to hand in my cards... Sent the scans of them to Jason though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
04 Jun 2012 19:48 #15 by Lord Stormbringer (Sir S)
Replied by Lord Stormbringer (Sir S) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
The 'Let's-go-get-the-Fire-Lord' main mod and the 'Paladin/Clergy Mod' were perhaps some of the best mods I have been on in over 2 decades of LARPing. The only one that might have bested them was Jeff McLean's 'Let's-go-cross-the-Abyss' main mod many years back.

Thank you module designers and plot runners.

Gregory

Lord Nigel Stormbringer
Paladin of the White Fox
Lord to Ashford Hill
04 Jun 2012 20:24 #16 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
So, first of all, thank you all. I have to disappear for three months but I believe that my last event before that was one of the best I've had. I'm going to miss you all so much!

So, I am exhausted (I went straight from KR to job training), and my memory is not so clear on specifics of awesomeness. But here's what I remember off the top of my head (in no particular order):

-Arriving a day early, and getting to hang out with some awesome people out of character, as well as getting to learn how much effort goes into setting up the camp for the event and taking part in helping.
-Lots of chill hanging with Sorel and Ib and Sergei with Hookahs. Some very nice calm talks, and just a lovely way to spend quite a few hours.
-Multiple NPCs during the week portion sent out specifically to fight, and ending up in peace talks. Getting fed Turkish delight not to attack, given money, etc. I was rather flabbergasted.
-Light Mass Wednesday night. I believe I almost cried at least once, recounting my own story and hearing everyone else's. As my first mass that wasn't being given by myself, it was AMAZING. Thank you light church for the invite to those of us who follow neutral deities!
-Random decision to change my alt and completely rewrite her from torturer to dragoon. Tori (and I hope I am spelling that vaguely right), thanks for the suggestion. I love my new dragoon, and I will actually likely play her fairly frequently.
-All the AMAZING role play as my dragoon. The wonderful meditation session with Rose, the lovely talks with other dragoons, I had so much fun. (I also now have my new backstory and her personality actually figured out, so I can't wait to continue developing her in three months)
-WTF, being main healer for a mod. How many people did I bring back up how many times? With only nocturne of refreshment and lay hands minor?
-Getting randomly called over to come help close a portal by Guildmaster Silverbow. Still no clue why, but I felt flattered as hell, as well as somewhat trusted.
-Best Apathy fit ever.
-Knowing I now have Quiet Contemplation in my arsenal as well as several other protection prayers.
-Too many small bits of roleplay to mention.

I am probably forgetting many things. Seriously though, I love you all, and will miss you all terribly over the next three months.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicoletta (fyperia)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
04 Jun 2012 20:37 #17 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Oh yeah! Almost forgot--getting drunk to cure my headaches and having a talk with Maxwell to cure my apathy and his example that snapped me out of it was to say in that state I would drop Misaki off a cliff if I kept that up. Now just to get rid of my Dementia in August/September and I can actually say I am sane!

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
04 Jun 2012 21:01 - 04 Jun 2012 21:04 #18 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
I would like to start off by saying a genuine thank you to everyone who attended this event. We all come to play this game together and together we make it more than a game, we make Travance come alive. From the big boss on main mod all the way down to the lowliest goblin, if we don't give it our best, we don't entertain each other. From the monster marshals making sure that NPCs are ready on time (thanks again all!) to the RP and Rules marshals out in the field making sure things are running as smooth as they can, we all work as a team. From the kitchen staff making sure we are fed to the rest of the staff who work hard behind the scenes to make sure the game continues to grow. We all worked together as a team to make this weekend an enjoyable one for everyone, so give yourselves a round of applause, or a pat on the back, or whatever it is you do to congratulate each other.

That being said, I enjoyed running the plot for this weekend because I got to see so many different things I don't normally. Go big or go home was my motto for the weekend. My favorite moments include:

All of the NPCs Friday night being super amazing troopers in the rain. Not one of you complained about being wet, or going out, you just kept swimming! :P

All of the PCs Friday night who left the safety and dry buildings to fight said NPCs, good for you!

Belechand's cinematic army crawl with two broken legs across the field to the harpy brood mother only to dissect an imperfect harpy talon.

Shane's gypsy invoking a retribution on a harpy who had snatched him which caused them to grapple midair and both of them dropping.

Melinda's pig running and jumping in as many puddles as she could.

Sergi holding a box full of mushrooms, and still having that box hours later.

Carlotta's screaming as she opened the portal back to Travance as other town members were thrown through to save them from the quickly approaching grimm guardians.

PCs fearlessly wading into the small stream behind Alisandria to find the half buried oysters.

"How do we open these oysters?" The guildmaster's solution? Stomp them to death.

Everyone on main mod, and seeing panic in PCs eyes as my wall of fire approached.

Emar and company trapping the water portal.

And last but not least, Sunday morning, everyone waiting on the beach for a Water Lord that never showed.

Thank you once again, everyone, for making this a very memorable event.

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Last edit: 04 Jun 2012 21:04 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi).
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
04 Jun 2012 21:47 #19 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Highlights...
1. Seeing my friends.
2. Starting my lessons for my "new path".
3. Alisandria "Well Fed" bonus being role-played quite well (again, MB goes overboard & has enough food to feed a small battalion :lol: ).
4. Patrolling the camp with the Crimson Guard (aka Alisandria wrecking crew) & getting recognition for it.
5. Jed... oh Jed...
6. Finally grabbing my new shield from Sean/Jeff.
7. Being able to stay until Sunday morning.

Lowlights...
1. Losing my dagger sometime/somewhere Saturday evening before main mod near Mages Guild.
2. Heading to Totem Field before the site was ready & causing a slight amount of grief to those there. Sorry, didn't know you guys weren't ready yet.
3. Inhaling the smoke/sulfur of a smoke bomb as it went off near me & the subsequent asthma attack/throwing up that occurred immediately afterwards. (FYI... seeing the ER doctors tomorrow if my voice doesn't go back to normal, at least swallowing/eating doesn't hurt anymore. Minor highlight of this... I sound like Batman.)
4. Not being able to stay the full event.

Much love, thanks, congratulations, kudos, & respect to many.... Joe B, MB, Padma, Garret, Kirsten, Chris, Jon, Melinda, Jeff, Katie, Judge, JJ, Karla.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bagwell (Bagwell)
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
04 Jun 2012 22:52 #20 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Intense event.

Ori:

Very much enjoyed gambling with everyone. I now have something to do, instead of being bored all the time. Just don't bet on me drinking whatever the hell it was Carlotta drank with us.

Na'ar:

Springtide was wonderful, Lightning drake scale is *super cool*, and wow oh wow oh wow, that fire portal. It may be worth my time to invest some hours into making firefighting a trade. Keavy, Bagwell, Fearghil, Aquaenae, Dominic, and everyone else who might have seen me out on the field, thank you for standing by my side. To the NPCs of main mod, thank you for being such good sports and dealing with my soak. To the marshals on the mod and who wrote the plot: I absolutely loved the way that played out... and I can't wait until I'm at the point where I can even help with the big badguys. The overall plot was very nice, but this just really took the cake.

Dawn:
All the various comments and compliments were... interesting... many were quite flattering. Also: Brilliant Spray. That's totally a thing.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
04 Jun 2012 23:49 #21 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Augustus:

Learning how to teach people things.

Being surprisingly useful in combat with only a single Waylay.

MELON GRAB!!!

Specifically, the conversation I had with Fear'ghal on the Thieves trail back to the inn.

Surprising everyone by taking the melon through the inn.

Countless games of poker, and blackjack.

Learning so many new games of poker.

Doing my best Pirate impression, and failing miserably.

Getting compliments on my costume/character despite slipping out of my accent easier than waylaying a sleeping goblin.

Missing Main Mod to play poker. I'm sorry I missed it, by my character learned not to go out alone, even if all of the NPCs are at Main Mod.

Losing a hand of poker while holding natural four-of-a-kind aces. (seriously, Royal Flush with wilds? Gods...)

Spending time with all of my lovely friends from the house of Uidhir.

Spending time with my fellow members of Drega'Mire.

Making butt-tons of gold and gems.

Buying a slashed outfit for Augustus that matches the colors of Drega'Mire.

NPC:

Getting infected with Wytchwood, and having my heart cut out to remove the infection.

Owning my brothers farm, and taking it to the Lord of Allisandria.

Getting slaughtered for my hide as a Taramil Boar.

Wearing the most ridiculous shirt in existence, and selling it off my back in the monastery.

Playing a swashbuckler and trying to spar in the inn before getting Waylaid and kicked out of the inn.

Taking countless prat falls and rolls as an Air Elemental.

OOG:

Seeing all of my friends.

Finding my Car Keys.

Having a room in the inn.

Meeting so many new people I was too afraid to talk to last time.

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
05 Jun 2012 09:28 - 05 Jun 2012 09:59 #22 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
-Rushing into game hearing Carlos was around and wanting to just say hello but him insisting on a reading. Then getting Lucas a reading afterwards.

-Bottle Mod: Who's Dream is this Now?

-Ilana doing her best at relaxing, constantly failing.

-Lucas' and Ilana's lunch party. Jen, your cooking is wonderful :woohoo:

-Gustov and Matthias making a return. It's nice to see that they're doing alright. Brain hop with Barak, Ib, and Winks. The final test was... unexpected, but I'm glad I had them there to help me figure it out.

-Not being swamped by research for plot twice in a row.

-Teaching so many different lessons, had a ton of fun doing it. Also, was very pleasant meeting Leon. We'll see how that goes.

-RP with Bayou. I think Ilana actually helped with more then just the crazies. Getting thanked by Erdrick afterward o_o

-Going to bed around 2 with nothing to do and apparently everything happening after this. Being woken up around dawn to fight Fallow (wait, dawn?) and then just hanging out in the inn. The most relaxing couple of hours I had awake that event

-Burying a bunch of these spores Ilana was told came off a sick person but someone finding where I hid the phys reps and causing me problems to deal with next event -.- That's what I get for being lazy. At least I know what to do to fix it. /Super Doctor

-Dealing with an NPC psion who had 'things' happen around her. "...Wait, psions control-" *a billion flees* "...dang it."

-Getting to see Bikomi for a little and half watch Quan Liu's problem get fixed. Then got side tracked by a pair of "wildmages" getting chased down by their father. Now Ilana has guests for the month :D

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 05 Jun 2012 09:59 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
  • Matthias
  • Thank Yous: 7
05 Jun 2012 09:52 - 05 Jun 2012 09:53 #23 by Matthias (Matthias)
Replied by Matthias (Matthias) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
Glad to be back!

-- Matthias, gravedigger by trade, returns to Travance and puts on a wide brimmed black hat - cue "Ohhh... Witch Hunter! Do you need to learn anything?" :lol:

-- Learning "all the things!"

-- Great lessons with Ilana and others.

-- Getting dragged off to battle Harpies, avoiding getting lifted up and dashed on rocks only to get enthralled by the Harpy Matron and trying to jump in front of arrows :ohmy:

-- Getting drafted to battle Trolls, but running into very, very dangerous Earth Elementals first, THEN Trolls... Thanks again for the loan of the sword, valiant Alisandrian whose name escapes me at the moment :oops:

-- Getting handed a pile of coins by Rudolph for the proceeds of the great cookie sale experiment :woohoo:

-- NPCing in the crazy Paladin Mod as an Auguaran Priest who was killed more times by other dark faction NPCs than by PCs, and being a new Player so our Torture Victim had to help teach us our Verbals :P

-- 4:00AM NPCing as one of Fallow's "Hounds" in a giant rubber mask, no glasses, leashed with two other hounds dragged hither and yon blind into every puddle there is, and having the hiccups from trying to growl menacingly :silly:

OOG: Nicholas B.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2012 09:53 by Matthias (Matthias). Reason: Typo
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
05 Jun 2012 11:18 #24 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
I forgot something!

Saving a spirit and teaching Elatariel (sorry if I spelled it wrong) Heal Life at the same time. Best healing lesson I've given in a long time. The roleplay was wonderful, and JJ just poking away at what her NPC probably would have freaked out to see in real life... priceless.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Leanaya
  • Thank Yous: 8
05 Jun 2012 12:19 #25 by Leanaya (Leanaya)
Replied by Leanaya (Leanaya) on topic Week In the Life Highlights
I got to be a PIG!!!!!! nuff said
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Josephine (mferro54), Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
05 Jun 2012 13:08 #26 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Week In the Life Highlights
It was an awesome week. I know I'm probably going to forget a ton of stuff in my event write up.. but that happens with so many days of LARPing, so I'll stick to the big ones.

- Getting squired
- Me + Zathir consuming 2 pounds of bacon.
- Almighty Gallen hear my prayer, bacon, coffee, sausage, and pie.
- Gnome Fragments.
- Going to the Dragoon Caern
- Awesome monastery scene with the Misthammers, Kwildar, and Nigel.
- Thrice around the proper with Magnus
- I ran into a tree, nine times.

Probably missing TOO many good things....blargh.... brain function stuff.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
05 Jun 2012 17:02 #27 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic Week In the Life Highlights
So many great things I can hardly remember them all but here it goes (no particular order)

- Jed's freak out after touching that amulet
- A skull is not a sandwich
- Adventures with Bolton
- Campfire get together with Keeve and friends
- Fragment/box hunting
- Hooka ,hooka, and more hooka!
- Ib's devious planana
- Blacktree's camp fire get together
- FORTUNE AND GLORY! Adventurers Guild is always fun
- Lesson from Haroldson that hopefully took root
- Helping Magnus catch a criminal while guarding a ritual
- Magnus getting knighted.... longest applause in kr history
- Almost being a grease stain for the best/worst pun
- Most amazing main mod I've seen in years, thank you Jeff and Katie
- "WHAT? IT'S NOT GOIN' TO USE THE PORTAL?"
- Backroom discussion with Darson
- Lessons galore
- Tick free week

I'm sure there's more that I'll remember and tack on later

OOG-Mark B
05 Jun 2012 18:37 #28 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Week In the Life Highlights

Leanaya wrote: I got to be a PIG!!!!!! nuff said

That was AMAZINGLY done. So many props to you.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
05 Jun 2012 20:17 - 05 Jun 2012 20:38 #29 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Week In the Life Highlights

Bryn Moore wrote: Carlotta's screaming as she opened the portal back to Travance as other town members were thrown through to save them from the quickly approaching grimm guardians.

I rather enjoyed getting to yell directions at people in combat :silly:

Leanaya wrote: I got to be a PIG!!!!!! nuff said

I didn't even go on that mod, just walked past the group getting ready to go, and oh man. That was awesome.

Matthias wrote:
-- Getting handed a pile of coins by Rudolph for the proceeds of the great cookie sale experiment :woohoo:

You better bake more. I have money to throw at you.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 05 Jun 2012 20:38 by Josephine (mferro54).
05 Jun 2012 22:17 #30 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Replied by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na) on topic Week In the Life Hilights
I honestly don't even know where to begin .. I used to think that doing highlights for our regular events was work [: but so many things happened so I'll do the best I can

Jed + Quan Lu + touching of the amulet = a pantless hilarious first night
Getting a reading done by Carlos .. TWO things stood out particularly that are all ready happening .. not gonna lie that moment kinda creeped me out
good job Geoff {:
Patrolling with the Alisandria crew and finally have it sink in that I've become a vassal :cool:
Thursday was totally one of those random days but I must say that Npc'ing with Cameron was by far my favorite shift , getting all dressed up just to be a merchant .. and oddly having a good time cleaning and organizing the back corner .. fastest npc shift evearrr

hanging out in Alisandria and having certain people up in the Inn be all like .. well.. you never hang out here anymore .. why you gotta leave ?
Well MY BAD :p for growing and expanding my horizons lol.. Sannyiah's happy where she is so deal with it :silly:

I don't think I've ever honestly walked that camp in all of the 13 ish years I've been apart of this game then I did this past weekend .. because you know we weren't bored or anything

Getting back to Alisandria to chill by the fire with Joe Judge Kristen and James , then heading over to Oscliff to hunt down food and such ..

Water elementals ... all I gotta say is " We just ran from a bunch of retards ... " = True story :side:

Having a few deep serious conversations with Zero about brother sister things .. I swear that kid always keeps life interesting one way or another

Main Mod !!
Was amazing !! I'm gonna keep saying that Katie and Jeff you guys did one of the best jobs/mods ever ! Even with all the smoke and such .. it was awesome ;)

Sam " WHEN DID WE GET ON THE FRONT LINE ? "
Me - " We got this "

Protecting Goose' pc because he just had to be the guy who had ABSOLUTELY no defenses of any kind, no fighting skills.. dude was just a normal , regular , guy .
I'm lame because I felt all important like protecting Lord Stormbringer lol for the short amount of time that I did
Crazy as it sounds during the midst of all the chaos I kept wondering where the other guys were .. Jed, Jade, and Emaline.
At some random point I look up and see these guys chillin on the roof all in black ^_^ Like the bosses they were :P
Heading home from main mod ... Jed goes .. " Is Sin still alive ? " Me " I'm alive ! "
ha ! judge now . . you know sin is growing justt a little bit on jed

Being able to teach other healers everything I know for a change ..pretty cool stuff

" How many Alisandrian's does it take to turn on a lightbulb ??! "

More patrolling !

Running all over town with Bolton to tell the town about the fire lord .. wondering where the hell everybody went..
finally running head on into the group that is the last of the town heading to the fire lord , led to good bonding time with bolton

Getting ready to go to bed .. Litterally jed and sin taking their shoes off when Lord Blackthorne rushes us to the back ..
Lord Fallow anyone ?

I felt like a useless little baby but legit being that scared was awesome and haven't been that scared at game in a long time .. yup .. I remember [:

I feel like I say this a lot but only because each event gets better and better but with all honesty the week in the life has to be number one hands down the best I've ever had .. it's exciting to see how your pc is unfolding and growing before your eyes and when I have real life hard moments , I think of all of the friends I've made who are now the people in my life, and all the older players who've watched me grow up from being around the game since day one even if I haven't been playing as long. You guys rock ! :cheer: It's awesome when you feel you can push yourself to do things you may not normally do because you know everyone around you has a similiar interest .. so thanks guys {:

And now I'm done with the mushy ness xD

-> Sannyiah ' Syn ' Amarie Tempest Na

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria
Apprentice to Aiden DelDragon
Apprentice to Gregor Borowitz
OOG: Karla

And though she be but little.. she be fierce,,
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 1.144 seconds