July 2012 Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
29 Jul 2012 20:23 - 29 Jul 2012 20:23 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
July 2012 Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Great event, despite the rain and humidity! Highlights for me:
  • Hearing at Lay On that Gideon's efforts paid off in such a spectacular fashion.
  • Getting to wear the FULL kit of armor since Diane gave me my new chain mail pants back in March as a birthday gift. 294 Armor Points with all buffs active!
  • Having Matt M's Hobgoblin chew through it in about 10 seconds. Yes, Gideon is geared as a tank, but he still can't fight worth a crap, especially with the 2HE against a skilled opponent.
  • Having the Baronial Manor set up and in full on RP mode most of the weekend.
  • Crafting Parties! Multiple Smiths, Alchemists, and Scholars all crafting at the same time, and many of them with Assistants!
  • Lessons, both taught and received. You're never too old or powerful to learn, and even your own students can teach you some times.
  • Lessons with Rayven Nightwing. The fact that a Barbaran came to a Mage to learn Valence (we're both Priests) is a testament to the development of both characters.
  • Count Everest: "It's pouring rain out? Let's go counterattack and wipe out their camp." Lord Brightstar, without hesitating: "I'm with you." Everyone else in the room: Incredulous looks.
  • Emerson's Hobgoblin storms the Inn during Main Mod. Gideon (unarmed): "Spell Surge Fireball, Spell Surge Fireball, Spell Surge Fireball, Spell Surge Fireball, Spell Surge Double Power Fireball." Emerson took a moment to process it, then just fell over... Stupid to blow what I had like that, but SO worth the results IG. :-)
  • Brazenite Mass - a bit ad-hoc, but a lot of fun none the less.
  • Haradian Thane: (Looking for a gobin assassin on the porch) "There's nothing alive out here, or I would see it." Gideon, jokingly: "What are you, undead?" Rob (OOG aside): "I'm a Lich!" :ohmy:
  • Carlos and Agustus finally getting to meet and talk.

Carlos, who is still running around in the back of my head, apologizes profusely for the cards being so crotchety and giving everyone a dismal reading. He blames it on the humidity.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Last edit: 29 Jul 2012 20:23 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
29 Jul 2012 20:53 #2 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic July 2012 Highlights
By far my favorite thing I did this event was to be introduced to so many people as my Berserker alt. I gave everyone a nice, crushing Str +2 handshake, and was genuinely surprised not to encounter more people with a ridiculous number of Strength Profs. (It's sad when I think she will probably get a higher list before my main)

I was very amused by the reactions I got to bemoaning having to learn to read. ("But I'm too stupid to read!") I got everything from encouragement to silent shaking of heads.

Did some brief yet interesting RP with Ava.

I smoked some Hookah on Friday night, which is something I rarely get to do at KR despite my love for it.

Ultimately though, I was conquered by the heat and humidity and did really nothing at all on Saturday except lend a hand in the kitchen. This was in an of itself a highlight though, because all of the kitchen folk are great fun to hang out with.

All in all I enjoyed the event very much, but I think I will be giving next month a miss. I don't really intend to contend with August heat.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
29 Jul 2012 22:13 #3 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Had so much fun sitting around bsing with some of the veteran players about the old days.

Got to interact with some nobles that tari really hasn't talked to much, and feeling really useful

Meeting and spending a lot of time with the McGregor clan....i can't even begin to describe the hilarity and headaches of that one

My two favorite drs deciding the best way to heal my insanity was to poison me :-P

Karma is mean, joking with tons of people about trench foot, then getting it myself :(

Being erdricks vassal for the third time in 10 years and multiple characters

Witch hunting of old days

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
29 Jul 2012 22:23 #4 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Favs,

- WAR were declared I had a lot of fun going on full warrior mode and being very serious for most of the event
- Orias and Billliamm bonding time
- Atris and Billliamm realizing we agree on many things
- Shamus Del'Dragon and the many old man jokes
- Chaos discussions
- Billliam's hilarious late night show featuring Tari, Collin, and Raphael
- Ancient artifacts of magical power being used completely out of contest and the reaction of a certain guild leader
- "I can hear the ocean"
- Uncle Yosini, everyones favorite uncle, plus hilarious stories and billliamm translating love
- Being yelled at by Dame Myxolidia cause Billliamm disregarded her request
- All the interrogation
- Stubborn Celt talks with Elawyn before bed
- 2 elder fire elementals destroying 3% of the goblinoid army, and carving a star of chaos in there wake, totally counts toward the shock and awe mission
- Commissioning the ballad of Billliamm and having a nice talk with Clyde

That is all for now

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Jul 2012 22:55 - 29 Jul 2012 22:56 #5 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July 2012 Highlights
I'm beat, but must post my favorite - The Travancian Women's Arm-Wrestling Tournament organized on the fly by Emily, Jackie, and Kelly. Absolutely wonderful. People were chanting, people were clapping, everyone was having a great time - and the winner, Mirwen, a Quinarian Mage. The match between her and Kleiden was long, and had the crowd on its feet calling out their favorite.

A group of us walking all over for three hours starting at Midnight Friday-Saturday looking for a prisoner held by the Enemy. Erdrick's laconic "Edwin, could you move at a pace somewhat faster than a mosey?"

Not having to make breakfast Saturday or Sunday Mornings. Thank you Diane and Danny.

Missing the Saturday afternoon downpour as I was out "hunting" chickens for dinner. Sometimes, duty is its own reward.

Promising Sanniyah that there would be an adequate guard for the Healers. Seems the beef was made up of Gideon, Hadrian, and myself. To someone's "They're only posting three well seasoned warriors in the Inn" I got the shot "Well, there's only three entrances." Still, it was nice when Osred "plugged" the front with a Quiet Contemplation.

Geoff's aforementioned use of Spell Surge was my highlight of the battle.

Morpheus calls, and who am I to keep him waiting? More later?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 29 Jul 2012 22:56 by geezer (geezer). Reason: spelling error
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
29 Jul 2012 23:03 #6 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic July 2012 Highlights
This event was so amazing! I finally don't feel stagnant with Ava anymore and I can't wait to keep it up!

My highlights:

FRIDAY:

Nervous leggggg and Viktor telling Ava it's all in her head and Ava laughing at that idea. Also many of the treasonous things she said that people just seamed to let slide because of her being crazy.

Talking to Mary's alt while learning to use her sword permanently with Squire Zathir which came about in an interesting way. I can't fully remember what was discussed but Ava probably said something really crazy or inappropriate, probably about pain, blood or something similar.

Zathir: Ava, do you know how to use that?
Ava: Well I'm wise enough to know how to pick it up and kill things with it.... (I had fate of wisdom the sword so I could use it this event.... very VERY helpful)

Learning Fear with Slightly Sane... man I'm always so awkward in Lessons! With right before that Orias FINALLY finding out why Ava had started talking to him in the first place, not that it really seemed to change much.

Talking for a long time with Wormwood and Jade and Philidin and Atrus. Also realize how I need to work on getting sleep DURING events to keep myself from rambling too much. Most of the conversation was amusing to me at least.

Offering to kill and or eat Sinyiah's babies if they turned out to be healers. (Hey, She said she didn't want girls...)

SATURDAY:

Blinding and killing things in the afternoon.

Going to take down some Valarians only to find out we way outnumbered them and then sitting back with a certain somebody who has a one sentence conversation with Ava and made Ava want to just start rambling. (This person knows who they are!)

Preparing for war, kinda, AKA Getting a few buffs.

Really weird conversation with Wormwood, trying to give advice only to realize that her advice is just advice that has been spurted to her and realizing that she doesn't really believe a word she said. Also realizing that Orias probably wouldn't ever follow the advice.

Main mod: Blinding and killing more things.

SLEEPPPP

Sunday: NPC shift, interesting encounter with a few people as lizardkin, then drinking a lot of water because I had mistakenly stopped paying attention to how much I was drinking.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
30 Jul 2012 00:46 #7 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic July 2012 Highlights
I hope you all enjoyed my special effects. The thunderstorm cost me a LOT of money.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriel Chance (Kiellor), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Ming Na (Ming Na), Nicoletta (fyperia), Josephine (mferro54), Moirya (Moirya), Zathir (Clevatus), Narcis (ChrisR), Bat Cooper (Cassius23), Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Keavy (Dani), Augustus (OEBlaze), Sindarion (Steven SA), Skye Sinyard (Vanessa), Nadya (LGwilson08), Croínamara (Jen), Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
30 Jul 2012 00:59 #8 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Oh boy... where to start?

well first off, finding out that I was the only physician that was readily available at the time... People seemed to put way too much responsibility on Viktor's shoulders...

heading to the stump, and immediately start hearing fighting from just about everywhere else in Travance. and finally making the call that we should start heading to the sound of obscenities being shouted, (coming to the conclusion that it was the Ostcliff forces, and we would likely be safe with them.)

Patching up most of Ostcliff after their rather large battle with New Gaaldaron forces.

Research in the count's library!

Saturday:

BABY TURKEY AT THE WAR CAMP! sorry... I thought it was hilarious that everyone took a break from planning missions and tactics to look at the baby turkey and parent walk across the field.

Lending my armour to someone who I thought had died about a half hour later... then beating myself up over it.

Fixing Gorvax's leg in the middle of a battle.

Machine gunning gusts of wind at Matt M's npc while he was 5 feet away from me, and he was fighting Steve's NPC. I am just surprised that he was blowing defenses on them.

Main mod:
being the logistics marshal I did not see much of the fight, all I CAN say though is this:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after main mod:
getting pulled along for the water panther, and getting dropped for the first time ever with this character. I guess bubbles thought that my ribcage was a scratching post...

YAY!!! MY FIRST INSANITY AS VIKTOR!!!

Earth drakes? looks like I may bee seeing new materials next month.

going all out with the delusions of Reginald: the duck

now that I think more of the drow encounter, I should have 1: used treasure sense on the one that I was patching up, and 2: make the encounter a heck of a lot more entertaining by talking to her in dark elven.

realizing Sunday morning that The hobgoblin that I had shared the hookah with the month before was actually the general of the armies of New Gaaldaron. well *bleep* me...

fake leeches of the shoulder of a certain guardsmember.

Of course Viktor gets blamed for poisoning Tari... always blame the Gypsy huh? we love you too Tari :P

On a side note, this event was freaking awesome. I loved the whole thing from start to finish. Steve, you did an awesome job running this weekend. there needs to be more weekends where the plot itself will play with people's emotions like it did this weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
30 Jul 2012 00:59 #9 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)

Aleister wrote: I hope you all enjoyed my special effects. The thunderstorm cost me a LOT of money.

Remember, I will take my payment in money, or food.

Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

• Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
30 Jul 2012 06:02 #10 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic July 2012 Highlights
-The first couple minutes of walking into game I had multiple people ask me where Tommy was, glad to know he made such a good impression.

-Caffeine hookah on Friday night.

-Bran's master warrior lesson....fire truck, that is all.

-Being used for the lesson Gideon gave Rayven. I have decided Leandra doesn't like fire much.

Well won't be there next month, dang people quitting at my work. See people in September.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
30 Jul 2012 09:09 - 30 Jul 2012 13:07 #11 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Great event, I felt like there was always something going on or something to do. I really enjoyed being able to come up with a plan and actually being able to do it. The goblin camp was sweet, even if it was targeted by Steve's "special effects" (so glad you guys are okay!).

The return of my Uncle Iozzini, the greatest uncle the Yhatzi family has.

Super enjoyed Goose's lunch faire, Diane's breakfast and Mahoney's new larpexchange booth.

As clan Brockels marched in with the main troop, the troops were chanting and getting riled up by the commanders. Lethias shouts amidst the cheering "They're going to kill us, DESPAIR". Almost blew my cover chocking on laughter.

Arm wrestling :) Mirwen and Kleiden, those women are pwn!

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
Last edit: 30 Jul 2012 13:07 by Kelly (Kelly). Reason: stupid spelling error....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moirya (Moirya)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
30 Jul 2012 10:59 #12 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic July 2012 Highlights

geezer wrote: The Travancian Women's Arm-Wrestling Tournament

I am sad to have missed this.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
30 Jul 2012 11:54 #13 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic July 2012 Highlights
This even was great!!!

Started it off with some great RP and Combat.

Taught a lot more than i usually do

Main highlight has to be being part of clan Brockels and getting to march with, and deceive the Goblin Army

Seeing the look on Emerson's face when the Brockels unleashed on him.
Having so many people look confused when we were yelling CINNAMON!!! at them when they started to attack us for being goblins.

My second master warrior lesson and my favorite exchange

Zathir Sever limb, sever limb
Tobar: parry parry
Tobar: feint disarm, Follow through, Feint disarm
Zathir:parry, parry, parry, parry
Zathir. crit 16, 8 dmg
Tobar:feint disarm, Follow through, Feint disarm
Zathir: parry parry parry (drop dagger)
Tobar: Rend limb
I look at him like uhh
Tobar:"you cant block it"
Me : BRILLIANT DEFLECT!!!!!!
Tobar: Rend limb, rend limb
Zathir: loses both arms and falls to the ground in pain.

Thank you Zach for the epic fight, well slaughter.....

Gank shift and watching 20+ harvest your souls get thrown.

Sunday: sleep, bacon, training good morning..

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
30 Jul 2012 12:56 - 30 Jul 2012 13:00 #14 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic July 2012 Highlights
My highlights this event come mostly from some very timely enemy routs, compliments of Team Death Wish. Lots of new additions to my highlight reel, including, but not limited to:

Annoying Matt's General most of the way back to his camp. Him being unable to decide which side of the "No way am I letting you follow me all the way back to the encampment"/"Screw it, I don't care if you follow me back to the encampment" fence he was on. The 4-5 duels that ensued in the pitch black.

Waiting in Pendarven for Wally's column to pass, only to hit them from the rear once they started fighting the inn.

Everything from the planning to the post-battle-still-green-time of the Return of Clan Brockles.
-After failing to find anything but my old leather armor in my car to wear for my disguise:
--Orias Wormwood "You look ridiculous, like some kind of Bondage Baker"
--Uncle Yossini:"Haha, yes! The safe word is cinnamon!"
-Despairing the Goblinoid Army, negating their Waaagh
-The initial charge, which led to us jumping Emerson's Hob.
-- Zafrin:"OH NO! I've been shot! Brockles, Retreat"
--Emerson: "What, retreat, seriously!? Get back in there and fight!"
--Zafrin: "Ok. Death Wish!" *Cuisinart ensues*
-Convincing the Avatar that the General had deserted, and her ordering the goblin army to slay him
-Kill stealing, but not ninja looting, Matt's general while he was having a standoff with Lord Brightstar.
--Dick Brockles:"General, the Avatar has ordered you slain as a deserter. What should we do!?"
--Matt: Feint disarm, feint disarm.
--Dick Brockles: retain, retain, positive energy concentration, cripple, cripple, rend limb.
--Matt: "I remember you..." *thud*
-Convincing the goblins to go home after the general and the avatar had fallen.
-Convincing the goblins to turn on and kill the ogres and trolls who did not want to let us go home.
-In the aftermath of the battle, doing a time-check and realizing "Oh, snap, we still have another hour of Brockles Hijinks to ensue."
-In recapping the battle with Zafrin, us having a sudden realization and exclaiming: "Wait... we can do this all the damn time!"
Special thanks to Dick, Flick, Slick, Tick, Mick, and Broke Brockles for an epic win, and to Zafrin Yahtzee for making it all possible.

Great times with the witch hunters, good to see Keillor and Shamus back. Hearing Kwildar got Templar felt so good, it was almost like I got the list myself. Lessons with the younger hunters, especially Dominic, who is coming a long way.

Steve and Judge, A+ war, would war again. Props to Matt for his portrayal of the General.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
Last edit: 30 Jul 2012 13:00 by THENPC (THENPC).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
30 Jul 2012 13:52 #15 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic July 2012 Highlights
This was a CRAAAAZY event, but well worth it ^_^

Friday:
-Within 5 minutes of entering the Inn, having Sannyiah come up to me saying "So, right now it's you and me and Leandra..." No pressure...
-Well, the fact that I almost passed out from heat exhaustion isn't exactly a highlight, but the fact that my nap kept getting interrupted because I was needed was a nice feeling.
-Return of both Mothers Jarren and Rosa. Gaians EVERYWHERE!!!

Saturday:
-Light clergy breakfast/meeting! Laura, the french toast was delicious
-Light clergy shower!!! This, everyone, is the new light clergy hazing ritual. You are not initiated until you have showered with us in a rainstorm :-P
-Firetruck...Chris Z I hate you...
-I can't even describe the relief that flooded over Marika when she saw Lucas and Ilana during Main Mod

NPC:
-Return of Martha, the bubbliest bard
-Drow then a necromancer, both of which are things I've never NPC's before, so it was a cool change

Sunday:
-High School of the gods. Drew...this is happening
-Witchhunter school on the monastary porch. ALL the lessons

REALLY awesome event. Can't wait for August

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
30 Jul 2012 14:05 - 30 Jul 2012 16:25 #16 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic July 2012 Highlights
- Pre-event, everyone freaking out on Facebook that there would only be 3 healers in attendance. And then rubbing that in everyone's faces at check-in.
- Last-minute deciding to NPC all weekend as the High Priestess of Enax. Then getting captured around 6AM Saturday morning, because while everyone thought I could absolute power majesty, I had battlecasting... and then being held prisoner for 4 hours, being asked the same pointless questions that I didn't know the answers to (and Steve just shrugging his shoulders when I asked him what I knew. "You're the tyrannical High Priestess of the war" was the only info I got ._.) And I was only asked about the alliances we had made very briefly.
- Steve giving the order to kill me and then telling me to go PC. .___. Instead, I played a high level hobgoblin torturer.
- Dread surgery on somebody from Ostcliff, severing his foot and putting it in his stomach.. Never met him IG or OOG, so I don't actually know who it was. But the RP was fantastic - especially when he ran into some friends on the way back to town and cut his own stomach open to remove the foot and have it reattached.
- All of the torturing. I just wish I had remembered I had red makeup pencils in the tent to actually draw the Enax fist on their faces before the rain started and we stopped taking prisoners.
- Hiding in a tent from the rain, Matt M and I telling horror stories about KR to a bunch of first-time players. "And then there was that time we were hiding in a tent during the worst rain storm ever." "And there was thunder and lightning--" and lightning hits the tree next to the tent.... >.> Immediate running down to logistics.
- Marching on the inn while playing the General's swords, every time we stopped to dress the lines i would turn around and mouth "DRESS RIGHT, DRESS!" and doing the arm movements for the command at Matt C. Which of course made him laugh and almost brought down the wrath of the general and commander on him... hehe. I was at band camp until Friday of the event, I couldn't help it.
- Keeping up with Matt M being chased down to the lake. Ridiculous.
--
- Every interaction between Terezi and Karkat was priceless.
- Licking the water panther. It felt like licking a wet cat and a fish at the same time. "KARKLES HE TASTES LIKE LICORICE >:]" And snagging all those scales was the best idea ever...
- Teaching intercept to Belegchand. Karkat freaking out when we told him Tari was going to throw fire at me.
- Sniffing/licking all the things. I think some people might have been genuinely freaked out by that... hehehe....

Lowlight: discovering two quater-sized spiders and what we believed to be an earwig on my sleeping bag. Never camping in the woods again, especially since I ended up not sleeping there at all. Fortunately, my phone survived the rain.

Overall really great event, thanks Steve :D

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 30 Jul 2012 16:25 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
  • Arza
  • Thank Yous: 10
30 Jul 2012 15:06 #17 by Arza (Calder Putnam)
Replied by Arza (Calder Putnam) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Highlights for me were crafting parties with Gideon and others, getting hit with a spell during the 1st assault on the inn, forcing me to fight for the goblins, regardless of the fact that I had no weapons at all, and offering my services during the war meeting. Also it was a lot of fun learning so many skills, and I can't wait to test them all out next event!
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
30 Jul 2012 16:07 #18 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
wait... a foot on the chest? GAH WHY DIDN'T VIKTOR SEE THAT?

30 Jul 2012 17:13 #19 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Not bad.

Top Five highlights:

Number Five: A Long Way From The Gutter.
Alexander's return and his new apathetic outlook on life. Many people were caught off guard by it. It seemed like everyone he came in contact with was affected, which made for an interesting time.

Number Four: Post-Mortem Engagement.
Hearing about Lorelai's death sent Alexander into an interesting mindset. Caution, and common sense, we're thrown into the wind. A marriage proposel at knife point. In the inn. Surrounded by people. Hilarity and shock soon followed.

Number Three: Firetruck.
A Master Warrior lesson gone horribly, horribly right.

Number Two: Devil's Advocate.
A warrior from Voletta (sp.) survives. Alexander, no longer carting about his own life, puts his life on the line to save his. Offending nobles in the process.

Number One: The Noble, The Peasant, AndThe Talk.
A wonderful, and enlightening conversation with Mixolydia. Much of Alexander's faith in certain Nobility was restored. I wonder where it will go.

Thank you to Steve, Judge, the rest of the STs, the marshals, and all of the NPCs for all their hard work in less than desirable weather conditions. Till next time.

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
30 Jul 2012 20:03 #20 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic July 2012 Highlights

Xenas wrote: A warrior from Voletta (sp.) survives...

Valeria..?
-

-Helping with New Player Mod. Was good enough not to use my bow and just poke things with my dagger if they got too close or went for one of the non-weapon types.

-Just doing a bit of alchemy Friday night... I hear something outside, glance up and see Wally being trailed by a group of goblins. "What is.. Tan-" Tanis starts to glance back, we both get struck once. Both of us had the same idea to escape. Outside: "... I don't have my bow!" and rushing back in shortly after to make sure none of my things were stolen.

-NPC: "I'm not getting any of my things back, am I" "You're not getting arrested, consider that reward enough" "._."

-Teaching. There were so many new alchemists to teach, I had a lot of fun. I never expected to be teaching anyone as this character (With Zeleretch and Rudolph around) so I hope my improvised lessons were acceptable enough.

-Seriously thought the Count was going to kill a man for not knowing how to read (short version)

-Concealed Barrage :)

-Crazy Alchemist was *craaaaazy*

-Hanging out down in Ostcliff during the heavy part of the storm before mini-main mod. Getting drenched during mini main mod and just deciding not to care lol Though, I think this prompted my nap before main mod.

-Syl's first Mass. Learning about what a 'focus' is. "...People can come back from the dead? I thought that was necromancy."

-If I had known I was going to be playing Ilana for Main Mod, I would have brought her stuff. But, it was a quick joy and the reactions of others when Ilana and Lucas appeared were fun. (Kudos to the new guy who immediately thought the enemy had broken through the defenses with a portal. That's usually a good way of thinking) Expect to see more of her in August (though not much more sadly. War front's are delicate things) She learned a handful of things really fast from interactions and has a list of stuff to look up when she visits town on top of having a party from Rose (can't wait!)

-Calling Mark 'Josh' because I hadn't seen either in a long time and I clearly knew too many Marks, so I must have been wrong about his name (It was great seeing you again though!)

-Syl lowlight: Being ordered by Sir Colin not to shoot the Dark Elves that randomly walked into the inn. :/

-Syl's first undead. It's a good thing they had been explained to her before, or she might have just panicked a bit.

-A Drake! An Earth Drake no less! One character goal accomplished

-Archery range :D

-Ib learning a surprise accidentally (sorry Ganon!)

-Trying to learn a bit about a confusing Orc and an impossible Londwyn.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
30 Jul 2012 20:26 #21 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Oh man.

Friday NPC shift- Goblins for New Player Mod. More goblins and...Hm...Goblins.

As Keavy
What an emotion twisting confusing wave storm for her!
Literally finishing getting into costume, Billiam inviting Keavy over to the war camp and talk about a meeting of chaos warriors. And then...

Cue Orias Wormwood.

"We haven't had a conversation yet, have we?" I died. Keavy was nervous, but stood firm with the conversation. Great RP ensued!

Immediately followed by a conflicting argument between Billiam and Elawyn, Keavy stuck in the middle.

Saturday:
Pursuing/fighting the enemy goblin forces with the majority of Travance. Getting captured while fighting and trying to save Bran after he was captured. Watched him being tortured, and nearly being next in line for it until Ardentfire portaled us out.

Coming back to the war camp to be given another mission: save the wolves from the kennel master! Typhon and Keavy = best duo ever for anything involving wolves! Found the wolves, told them we meant no harm, took care of the kennel master, and sent the wolves on their way. Mod = broken.

Coming back again only to be sent to take care of another mission. Don't remember much about this since I hurt my ankle at that mod. :pinch:

But returned to the baronial manner and was surprised to see Caelvan back in the proper!

After on and off resting my ankle, it got hurt to a point where I finally had it wrapped and non-com'd for a while. Being carried by your boyfriend while you're injured is fun :lol:

Enjoyed coming up with a terrible nightmare in the inn, sharing an intimate crying session with Lady Elawyn (once again haha).

Anhil becoming a vassal to Kaladonia! Ceremonial hilarity including Lord Brightstar taking off his pants post-vassaling Haha!

Learning to finally teach somewhere in between all this.

Feast, yummy chicken.

Main Mod:
Holding the line with Bran, Wolfgar, and others, accidentally freaking out some of our own from behind with Keavy's growling..
Go off to scout with Caelvan and Bran, come back to tell the rest to advance only to be told we won haha.

Late night wtf random water panther thing capturing mod.

Sunday:
Learned Bear Strength from Caelvan before he left.
Had a nice conversation with Tanis and Syl.
Saving a family from a group of Enaxian men who held them hostage with Oren.
Sunday Morning Archery Practice!!
Last hurrah with the orcs and those commanding them..

So much fun, and Keavy didn't die! (I was nearly certain she would haha) 'Till next event!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
30 Jul 2012 20:36 #22 by Keavy (Dani)
Oh yeah, and this:

Caelvan: I need to strengthen my will.
Sir Colin: Hmm...A lesson to test your willpower? I've got it. Keavy will get strip and dance around you and you have to see how long you can last! You'll have to think of King and country, and possibly me naked.

-DYING from laughter-

(had to go back and edit this a bit to make it more appropriate lmao)

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
30 Jul 2012 20:46 - 30 Jul 2012 20:49 #23 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic July 2012 Highlights

Ilana Darkwood wrote: -Syl lowlight: Being ordered by Sir Colin not to shoot the Dark Elves that randomly walked into the inn. :/

Steve and I just looked at each other, looked at Jess, and before she could get her sword out, did over 600 damage. And were yelled at by Lethias, but bonded with Mixolydia over it in the morning :D

Keavy Lylas Kennyreplith wrote: Pursuing/fighting the enemy goblin forces with the majority of Travance. Getting captured while fighting and trying to save Bran after he was captured. Watched him being tortured, and nearly being next in line for it until Ardentfire portaled us out.

Consider yourself lucky.. I had something special planned for you...

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 30 Jul 2012 20:49 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
30 Jul 2012 20:53 #24 by Keavy (Dani)

Angelica wrote:

Keavy Lylas Kennyreplith wrote: Pursuing/fighting the enemy goblin forces with the majority of Travance. Getting captured while fighting and trying to save Bran after he was captured. Watched him being tortured, and nearly being next in line for it until Ardentfire portaled us out.

Consider yourself lucky.. I had something special planned for you...

Ooohhh...now I kinda wish I hadn't been portaled! (although Keavy wouldn't have been happy haha!)

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
30 Jul 2012 21:03 #25 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Such a fun weekend despite the rain. Let's see...

Friday:
Paperwork. realizing at 2 am that SHIT THESE GUYS ARE KILLING BLOW ACTIVE I DON'T WANNA PC ANYMORE

Sleeping soundly in the Mage's Guild as usual. No ice elemental this month but the weather wasn't awful.

Saturday:
Making breakfast as usual.

Probably my favorite exchange, between Gideon, Ib (disguised as an elf), and myself...
Gideon: If you want to piss off the Guildmaster, propose to Mirwen.
Ib: *glancing over* Oh, well, you know, maybe-
Mirwen: I like men of status.
Laughter from Gideon (and a roleplay point! ...Quinarians are bitches.)
Got my Wytchwood staff made, yay! (and later a warning that the wytchwood might be acting up again, yay...)
Crafting parties, a delicious feast, brazen mass and a wonderful history lesson from Gideon (I spent a lot of time around him this month.), and of course havoc at the Inn for main mod. Then, as he put it, a reading from the very crotchety cards of Carlos.

Sunday:
Quiet, really. Managed to miss most of the fighting, and was coaxed into the arm-wrestling tournament. Don't underestimate the mages or elves!!

Great event, thanks all, it was wonderful seeing friends again and I can't wait to come back!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
30 Jul 2012 21:10 #26 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Goblinoid army advancing on Travance wanting to kill us all? Hmm, must be Tuesday. Good times abounded, and a great event.

Friday:
- Hunter Mod. So many traps...
-The return of AJ as Merrick. Good to have you back, mate.
-RP with Kwildar
-Goblin Murder Squad.

Saturday:
-Mithril Pledge hookah. Needs to happen.
-Fall asleep during clergy meeting. Wake up and Kwildar is Arch-Bishop.
-Master Warrior lesson. The safety word is firetruck.
-Blood capsule + Berserker Rage
-Being captured and tortured. So much good rp before, during, and after.
-Epic outdoor communal clergy shower during the downpour. Hands down, most refreshing shower I've ever had at KR
-Shield line with Wulfgar, Merrick, and co. Bring it, greenies.
-Mercutio being helpful during Dimitry's Courage lesson.
- "I remember when I was poor enough to need to carry money."

Sunday:
-Discussions on talking weapons, and what it might sound like if Pesmerga spoke to Kwildar through his staff.
-Om nom, calzone, nom

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
30 Jul 2012 21:58 #27 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic July 2012 Highlights
So this event was the best I have been to in a while.

Friday:

Being in charge of the defenses of the Assembly of the Banners. Nerve racking but successful.

The battle with the Dark Troll near Alisandria, used my itching powders for the win! I didn't get the Mithril polearm that he dropped seeing as how some Alisandrian took it >.<

The small feast given to Ostcliff by the White Lotus Trading Company, thank you Brian :)

Saturday:

The general attacking the inn in the early morning hours...

Sneaking into the goblinoid war encampment looking for treasure, seeing the general and noticing he had two swords that my treasure sense detected. Running from the encampment when the general went to stand up. (not knowing he just wanted to talk ^.^) Used 5 uses of windwalker and still got caught lol matt you are fast as hell. Took a dread surgery from the Hobgoblin Torturer, did my best to rp the entire thing and I guess people liked it lol.

Getting let go from the encampment so I could tell travance that I was the last to be left alive and all others would be killed, stumbling on the path back seeing as I was missing a foot and running into Try and Nyle. I asked Tyr to reattach my foot and he said he needed it, so I took Nyle's sword and sliced open my own gut to get it back out.

The march of the War Parties... I fought the General and Survived :)

Great Feast :)

Main mod as an infected ogre and not hearing most of the damage called on me because people were screaming in my ear and I was screaming. thank you pat hand for catching most of the damage caught on me and letting me know about it, you saved me from a rules violation. It was so hard to hear most of that, damn main mod not doing that again lol.

After main mod being Ostcliff being attacked by Necromancers a total of 4 times, 2 in the caravan and 2 by the stump.

Being hit with a harvest your soul and being saved because Dante is awesome!!!!! Had he not grabbed me and had the healers not healed me from crit I would have been dead. 10 seconds left on my death count when I got healed. Love healers.

Sunday:

Learned my Dragon Spirit :) sadly its just blue cause everyone else gets special stuff, but who cares I get to have more fun :P

I also learned Cleave from Bran with the help of Billium and Keavy thank you all for an awesome lesson :)

then getting home and sleeping :)

All in all great event thanks guys for a freaking blast of a time!!!!!!

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
30 Jul 2012 23:43 - 30 Jul 2012 23:45 #28 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Despite having to go non-combat for the first time ever, I had a surprisingly good, if not emotionally jarring event. Thanks everyone that was so helpful and concerned OOG about my injury - it is much appreciated and all seems to be just about the same post event, so no worries.

Highlights:

-I spent most of my time at the War Camp giving out missions, which I suspected was going to be long stretches of boring lonely time as I waited there, but was pleasantly surprised to find people coming and going consistently. I got to chat with a lot of people of all different levels that I don't normally get a chance to IG, and that was pretty great. I was glad to see the mission system worked out as well as it did. In general, it was great to talk to a lot of players I really haven't had much interaction with, new and old.

-As always, my highlights are all the vassals and druids/rangers - looking forward to adding some new ones to our ranks in the coming months too.

-Late night meltdown Friday night, full of long-term plot information no one in the room could understand.

-Can't forget Elawyn's biggest social regret - sitting at the front at Mass, loosing her cool, and questioning Marika. This is why she always hides in the back. Later, great talks with Rosa and Kwildar in partial result.

-On a personal note, I've always played Elawyn as pretty emotional and brutally honest - my saying is that if I haven't had a good cathartic cry once an event, it just hasn't been a good event - but this event seemed to take that to another level. Maybe it was because I couldn't take out any of my aggression on NPCs, but the number of arguments (and touching comfort sessions) El got into was ridiculous this weekend. To Danielle, to Sam M., to Gene, and to anyone else, thanks for such excellent roleplay, and for always knowing the difference between whats in character, and whats for real. Lots of love.

Stay safe all and see you in a few short weeks.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 30 Jul 2012 23:45 by Elawyn (Elawyn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keavy (Dani)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
31 Jul 2012 01:06 #29 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Well rested, so2 RP highlights and a touch of humor:

Joe P as the prisoner we (Lord Blackthorne, Dame Hartwoode, and I) had to question. His RP was excellent. Jenn was the good cop, Joe, the dispassionate cop, and I was the heavy. Takes longer than it used to for me to burn a willpower. Not certain I like where this is heading.

Excellent two scenes with Quan Liu.

Someone relatively new to the game stayed in Pendarvin, and near the end I mentioned many obtain nicknames, some by deeds, others by accidents, and others through happenstance. When he nodded, I said, "Welcome to Pendarvin, Sardines." I hasten to add I did not come up with the name, but the entire statehouse thought it was appropriate.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
31 Jul 2012 07:50 #30 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic July 2012 Highlights
One I missed:

Charles D, playing a Hobgoblin, being interrogated in the Inn: "ODO! HELP ME! COMMAND GOBLINOID!"

Odo, from outside, in a sing-song voice: "mind shield!"

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivanyasi (rivanyasi), Narcis (ChrisR)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 1.042 seconds