September 2012 Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
09 Sep 2012 19:49 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
September 2012 Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
While not a mind-numbingly active event for me due to the heat (that armor need heat sinks, I swear...), a good one none the less.

Highlights, in no particular order:
  • The Baronial Council Meeting, post-feast.
  • Seeing the Land System swinging into gear.
  • Gideon hitting the forge, and taking his armor off to relax for once. Not 10 minutes later, a unit of Valerians breaks in and tools the place while he has no weapons and amor nearby.
  • Farie Mod on Sunday. Kudos to all the NPCs involved, you filled the parts well!
  • SKIMMELTAUR!
  • Plant Mod on Sunday morning. Yet another lesson in why Gideon needs to pick up Master Warrior ASAFP.
  • Lessons - learning from Slack and Lucas, teaching Tari and all my other students.
  • The excellent RP on the part of the Valerians, who were more than just killing machines. The depth of the RP made the war that much more real and horrific, compared to the greenskin war two months back. (Not to diss Steve & Judge!)
  • Feast Potatoes were seasoned with herbs from the garden! Hurrah!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
09 Sep 2012 21:30 #2 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic September 2012 Highlights
This event was a lot of fun I must say. It was a balance of potential bad things and just plain wonderful/hilarious things happening.

~Misaki and Aemorniel's conversation together at the top of game when alone in their tent.
~Seeing a ball of chaos, none of my identification abilities working on it at all so I do the most logical next step in Aemorniel's mind. I licked it and it tasted like insanity. Yay for Mind Shield.
~This was a major Bolton Bonding event. Explaining how Divinity works to a Londwyn is just plain hilarious. Somehow I accidentally gave the "just the tip" speech after giving him a protection from a scroll. Mod time together. Hangouts at Alisandria. Giving him tools of the trade to play with. With our minds we would make a powerful team my friend. Also, our time down by the waterfront on Saturday afternoon was probably the most pleasing and pleasant moment of the entire event.
~Asking to become a major part of the newspaper team revival. Can't wait to work with you Paul! You have no idea how honored Aemorniel is to have been asked.
~Using my physician abilities to fix people this event. Man oh man do we fix a lot of broken limbs I realized. Also--people be crazy.
~Cooper as his insane Alchemist. You running up to Misaki and I in the Baron's Manor fields and "protecting us from the wind" was hilarious. all the time after that was just plain awesome. Psychoanalyze--ALL THE INSANITIES. You RPed them like a champ and I loved you every moment for it. Getting knocked over by you, seeing you dressed as a woman, all of it was pure awesome.
~Another theory has arose that has ended with me being nicknamed "The New Rosa" is that every time my bodyguard steps away from me, I either die or get kidnapped. Example: Taking a nap in front of the Inn. He goes to get a drink at the bar. As I continue napping, a creature comes out and it literally cried a Tsunami that instantly knocked me into Serious. Thank you Ben for figuring out I wasn't just keeping my eyes closed because I was napping.
~Bacon Necklace Trinket of Friendship. Later got Consecrated by Kwildar. Pure awesome.
~Lessons with Dr. Maxwell. Getting my surgery lesson while having surgery performed on me--pure awesome. OOG I adore all the detail you put into every lesson you give. IG UUUUUUGH SO GROSS!!!!! Thank you Misaki for being my practice subject.
~Having students. It seems like only yesterday that I just entered the game and suddenly I have 2 students, a promise to teach another scholar a tradition, and 2 more students who are waiting to pick up the list.
~Nutmeg: you miss are a delightful ray of sunshine IG and OOG so I hope you get to come back again. I adore hobbits now and want to learn all the lores about them because of you.
~The event of random gifts. Getting earrings and a bracelet from Nutmeg, a ring from Amizar, a lovely pin from Jack, etc. I'm gonna run out of fingers!
~New phys rep for my Amulet thanks to Shane's PC Boryev. Also a super awesome Khitanese peacock scroll to hang on the wall <3
~Getting kidnapped by dark druidic vines. So much fun. Lots of brilliant rp there. Also--Dr. Maxwell, we really need to stop meeting by having me wake up to you. You know why :P
~Getting drunk with Witchhunters in the morning and shenanigans. I swear that Matt gave me the ok to smack him if the time was right ages ago. I just finally cashed it in when drunk. Hanging out with them as I am getting my lessons and Misaki getting gently teased by saying his Witchhunter name is "The Leashed" when really it was "Nemesis".
~Getting a long night's sleep at the Monastery on Saturday night after finishing Main Mod NPC duty. I was so tired I don't remember the full conversation on what went on but Raven was teasing Misaki about sleeping on the top bunk and I made some reply, which lead to scandalous teasing. "OH! You have Aemorniel up there too?!"
~Main Mod set up with Wally on the field. You are one of the best battle strategists I know. It was awesome to see you at play. It was a surprise to have you Intercept Repel a Maul on me from Diane but you were so in the zone of keeping everyone going and keeping the line strong. Great job to all of you!
~Planning out Almat's new pledge (hopefully) during free time was a lot of fun. We should do that more often!

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
09 Sep 2012 21:32 #3 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic September 2012 Highlights
So, I had an awesome weekend, despite being full time NPC. Or partly because of it.

To start with, Biggest Highlight: Seeing all of you again! I've missed you guys!!!

Other Highlights:
Sobbing ghost Friday night. Over two hours sobbing, culminating in some awesome awesome role play. Torivisu (and I probably mangled the spelling, sorry), that was awesome. Also, getting to go crazy girlfriend on Magnus, scaring people as I walked partly through them, finding out that people thought I was Sweet Mary....

Giant Snake Saturday. Mostly, just talking with the other four parts of the snake, as we waited for everyone to come fight us, waiting out terrible rain. Thanks guys, for making that bearable!

Sunday morning enchanted rats. Awesome hilarity as we got animal empathied almost every spawn, and had wonderful conversations.

Sunday afternoon Fairy mod. I loved the make up Christine and I got to do for wolves, and the pretty accents Kristin put on us. Then the fight was fun. I don't get to fight like that very often, I've never gotten to have hardened claws before, and I actually managed to do some real damage. On top of that, the roleplaying of the enchanted wolves was fun! Pack Howling was awesome, all the snarling and roleplaying attacking wolves...and some conversations I had with Mark. Mark, you know what I'm talking about.

I'm so glad to be back, and Almat returns in October! i can't wait!

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
09 Sep 2012 22:37 #4 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic September 2012 Highlights

Giant Snake Saturday. Mostly, just talking with the other four parts of the snake, as we waited for everyone to come fight us, waiting out terrible rain. Thanks guys, for making that bearable!

Heh. Not to be distracting but.... It's wet out here. <.<

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
09 Sep 2012 23:25 #5 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Friday night: Whoremaster - "These two lovlies will do anything you want for 20 gold."
Me - "Hired - let's go to Pendarvin. The Statehouse floors, walls, and windows need cleaning."

Someone relatively new "Excuse me Edwin - could you tell me where I can find a scholar?"

It was a weekend of deep conversations with those with whom I had previously quarreled.

Long talk with Ming about marriage and the worthlessness of gold. The people in Travance need to learn the differences between chess and go and the mindset behind each. Edwin looks forward to a game of go with Ming.
Rosa and I sincerely and in earnest conveying a difficult concept to him.

Saturday - NPCing a purveyor of Lumber and Stone. I swear if Ming fell in a pig stye, his hands would go through the muck and he'd strike cream.

Sorcery lessons - Master Warrior lessons - Arch-Casting lessons. It appears I have no students but Masters.
Explaining that the 3rd Master Warrior lesson is not only the most difficult, but can take - well, forever.

Bagwell: "Edwin, if I ever start to do something stupid concerning you, I want you to tell me something>"
"Sure - what?"
Just say "Eight Seconds."

Agreeable conversations with Tari and Dame Hartewood. If you had told me a year ago I would post that sentence, I would have laughed heartily and loudly.

Honor Combat with Billium

The Skimmeltaur. Superbly played.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Charcoal
  • I'm back!
  • Thank Yous: 7
10 Sep 2012 00:39 - 10 Sep 2012 00:52 #6 by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov)
Replied by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov) on topic September 2012 Highlights
I haven't been back in such a long time! I can't believe it's been nearly a year since my last event. It was great seeing you all again.

Highlights:

Going out on Main Mod, not quite realizing what I was getting myself into IG or OOG.
Charcoal: "What is that thing?!"
Not Sure Who: "That is a Minotaur. Its name is Sally."
Charcoal: "You named that thing?! I don't think this is the best time for jokes!"
~a few minutes later after being soaked to the bone by rain and being separated from the healer crowd at least twice~
Charcoal: "WHERE THE HECK IS SALLY."

Getting ear scritches from about everyone I saw. You have no idea how much Charcoal appreciates it. xD

Healing people from a tree all during that Plant Mod.

Dagger practice with Na'ar and Dominic, and then pulling daggers and claws on them the whole event thereafter. When Na'ar said to be opportunistic, she took it to heart.

Learning the trade of Storyteller after hearing about The Story About the Story. One day when Charcoal is less innocent, that story will actually be written out.
And, as a concequence of said Story, Charcoal is now trying to ship every person in Travance possible.
Charcoal: *while sitting next to Dominic, spots Anthill* "Anthill, can you do me a favor?"
Anthill: "What might that favor be?"
Charcoal: "Well, I have recently become a Storyteller and I am in need of some... inspiration." *gestures to Dominic* "Would you mind making out with him a little bit?"
The horrified stares I got were priceless.

NPC shift as the diseased wolf, Tibbers. Even though I was cured before any disease could be spread, playing a wolf was refreshing after playing a cat for so long. >w>''

Finally picking up Luck. There will be a lot of jumping out of shadows from now on.

Telling Guildmaster Silverbow about my special 'penpal.' I found the fact that such a powerful person was trying to get information from a small kitten was hilarious and I enjoyed every second of it.

Charcoal: *crying uncontrollably on Na'ar's shoulder*
Na'ar: *sighs* "Follow and I'll get you food."
Charcoal: *immediately perks up* "Yay!" *turns away to follow Na'ar*
GinGinny: "Crocodile tears."
Charcoal: *whips around* CROCODILES HAVE FEELINGS, TOO.

Eating pancakes with chopsticks in gloves and succeeding.

Randomly finding two Well Stocked and Well Armed cards in my robe pocket.

I'll try to make it to the October event if I can! :D

"If two wrongs don't make a right, try three!"

IG: Charcoal Cha'cov
OOG: Sophie Rich
Last edit: 10 Sep 2012 00:52 by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov).
  • Trisana
  • Thank Yous: 34
10 Sep 2012 02:04 #7 by Trisana (Trisana)
Replied by Trisana (Trisana) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Oohh this event was wonderful.

Fantastic RP on Sunday morning, what with Typhon dying and all. Tris is going to be a little clingier with her teachers from now on. ;]
Learned a whole bunch of fun druidics! Can not wait to get to play with them.
Just being on the Fairy mod was great. Very well-done, I got lots of much-needed combat experience, and Jen F's costuming just blew me away. Props to all involved. ^_^
Sally was lovely.

Dame Trisana Moss
The Claw of Kaladonia
Viceroy of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Seahawk
[hr]
OOG:
Jen C.
Marshal, Card Staff
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
10 Sep 2012 03:36 #8 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Tons of fun this weekend, I hardly know where to start.
Super comfortable super dry super remote hammock to sleep in.
Actually being able to find said hammock in the dark.
General frolicing in the woods.
Talking with half the people that actually approached me and skittishly backing off or running from the other half.
Tailing townsmembers to mods but arriving at the same time because of cutting through the woods.
People not knowing I was on those mods until I true distant healed a person or two.
Bolting out of the woods to heal the fallen and running back into the woods before most people knew what was happening.
Short but glorious Emar time.

OOG-Mark B
10 Sep 2012 09:27 - 10 Sep 2012 09:28 #9 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic September 2012 Highlights
This weekend was fantastic and I really enjoyed myself. Sadly, I am still very tired and cannot remember all of my high lights but here it goes.

Friday-
-SWORD PLOT!!!! It was great to finally hear everything about the swords IG so Luminista isn't in the dark.
-Sword plot part 2 was crazy-sauce. Goley you are a genius mad man. Lumi actually felt really torn at the last test.
-Getting to finally hang out with Boryev as Lumi! About damn time.
-Cute brother sister moments with Sergei :3
-It's also great to know Lumi is so adored in Travance
-Awww yeah, three hours of sleep.

Saturday-
-Playing Kamei <3
- My Day as Kamei: Woke up, went to inn, talked to a few people, walked down to Alisandria with Jed and Jade. Sat down in Alisandria with Jed for four hours discussing things.
-Judge, seriously, that made my event as Kamei. It's always a pleasure getting to role-play with you.
- Rocking chair...that is all.
-Keilllor in the "holy valosian murderskirt", to which I added a coin belt. ;) You're awesome, Drew!! (funniest thing to see and hear during main mod)
-HOLY MINOTAUR, BATMAN. Skimmel, you were so scary/awesome!
-Amazing hour naps are amazing :D

NPC shift-
-Playing a Cavilier was awesomesauce! and, there is one guy, I do not know your name, but keep but the great RP. You really made NPC very enjoyable.
-Playing undead and getting wrecked as soon as the witch hunters saw us. I think they've been deprived lately...
-Nick, you made hurry up and wait super enjoyable. All of the silliness!

After NPC duty-
-Sat in the inn for awhile and healing people as they needed it.
-Sleeping for a glorious 8 hours. @_@ <3 (Coast Haveners are good warm cuddlers, especially after it being cold and damp :D )

Sunday-
-Got woken up by wolves attacking Kaledonia... the wake up could've been worse.
-Hearing about dark druid stuff that everyone was running too, not really caring (because hey, it's Kamei and she has faith in Travance :P )
-Only really caring to go with people when Quan Liu went to venture out.
-Healing Insanities!
-Teaching a plethora of things to Steve and Tori's alt's <3 So much fun!!

Lowlights-
-"We're playing my FAVORITE game! 'Hurry up and wait--IN THE RAIN-. Only thing better is hurry up and wait in the snow"
-Some how magically messing up my thumb after holding a sword to teach Florentine. It didn't get hit, or bend oddly or anything.

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
Last edit: 10 Sep 2012 09:28 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lathiel (Lathiel)
10 Sep 2012 10:33 #10 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic September 2012 Highlights
My goodness I am so tuckered out from this weekend.

Friday
NPC shift
New Player Mod. I love doing it and helping out new people with who this game works
Bacon neckless sales
Being a Warlock and raising undead out side the inn for 20 minuets
Sword Mod where Anhîl almost went off on Sergi. Chris I don't know if you knew how close he was to shooting you.
Sleeping

Saturday
Overslept serving breakfast for the first time ever
Training in Kaladonia
Went to the new player zone a few times with people, best hook was the Fop guard who hit on Anhîl
Lots of the RP's with people too numerous to list
Feast and learning that brownies with honey butter is the true secret to happiness in Travance
Finally going to a main mod and being blinded every time I started to steady shot.
Faling asleep in the Inn after main mod

Sunday
Geting up and going to the inn to have the Guild Master charge me with task to find people and taking the newer members of the city.
Corrupted rats attacking the new people and getting people to run back to the inn to get help
Tris/Typhan RP
Ferry butterflies and red hats and finally having a use for trick shot.

Thank you all for the fun and enjoyment. I will see you all next month.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
10 Sep 2012 11:02 #11 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic September 2012 Highlights
I wasn't there for very long, but I very much enjoyed myself for the few hours I had. :) I am always pleased to see how quickly the KR community welcomes back players after long absences with open arms.

Tons of fun with Elias for Geoff's commissioned North vs. South Londwyn photo shoot!
Reading ALL THE THINGS in the library!
Lessons with Doctor Maxwell!
Dr. Maxwell, to Gideon: "My full name is Doctor Maxwell. Since we're such good friends, you can call me by my first name: Doctor."
I enjoyed my first logistics marshal shift. Thanks to everyone who put up with my slowness as I learned where everything was, and to John for being excellent company.

As always, it was great to see everyone again, and I hope I can see you all in October (though it's looking like it will be another short event for me).

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
10 Sep 2012 11:19 #12 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Oh man was this weekend AWSOME!!!

Friday:
Awsome rp with the sword mod and other stuff. Got to finish my training learning dissipate undead from Misaki and Lethias which brought some awsome rp. I AM SO GLAD I GOT MY SWORD FIXED. :-)

Saturday:
Finally had a use for lore bedouin YAY!!!! Having my swrod shattered again. :( and just the overall fun i had rping with people.

NPC shift: Ok the best thing I did in any npc shift I ever had was kidnapping Rudolph from the baron's manor. Even though he was with the four strongest people Lethias, magnu, Sir slack Micdermit, and gideon! That was all of the epic!!!

Sunday:
Had a great time fighting infected animals. But the best part was during that evil tree mod. Rping being taken over by those plants was so much fun!!! Great job on the mod! My first insanity YAY!

Overall it was anther awsome event sorry if i mispelled anyones names but yeah. AWSOME!

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
10 Sep 2012 12:06 - 10 Sep 2012 12:08 #13 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic September 2012 Highlights

Dominic wrote: Oh man was this weekend AWSOME!!!
NPC shift: Ok the best thing I did in any npc shift I ever had was kidnapping Rudolph from the baron's manor. Even though he was with the four strongest people who were all so passed out they didn't realize rudolf was even gone. That was all of the epic!!!

Fixed :P
*disclaimer: I was so passed out I have no idea if the others woke up and gave chase*

Friday:
-Talks and lessons with new and aspiring hunters. Seeing one of the more recent ones essentially graduate. We're going to have to find an apprentice for Dominic soon enough.
-Walking to a lot of mods, but barely making it there in time for more than the ending to any of them. Pleasant conversations along the way, though.

Saturday:
- Running into the Monastery to dodge the rain, and being surprised with some epic Chili. Timing win. Thanks again to Matt Defranza.
- Misaki earning his WH name after graduating his apprentice.
- Poker Mod!
- Skimmel can be a scary motherfucker.
- Walking back to the Manor alone and hearing groans and shuffling on the path. Undead lore yields my favorite word: Lesser. 7 dissipates and one crit later, I resume my travels.

Sunday:
- The Alex Blockus Sunday Special. A+ Throwdown. Would throw down again. Even if it cost me my hat pin, yet another pair of glasses, and all of my dryness.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
Last edit: 10 Sep 2012 12:08 by THENPC (THENPC).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris G. (Cross)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
10 Sep 2012 12:08 #14 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic September 2012 Highlights

Sean Moulson wrote: Bacon neckless sales.

Mine is now consecrated by Kwildar. I can proudly say I have Holy Bacon of Andorra in my possession.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
  • E.Ralinfolly
  • For King and Country
  • Thank Yous: 13
10 Sep 2012 12:09 #15 by E.Ralinfolly (E.Ralinfolly)
Replied by E.Ralinfolly (E.Ralinfolly) on topic September 2012 Highlights
well playing Teag this event was a blast.
I was given the moon and claimed myself king
teaching myself more traps
"me help smith"
food fight with billiam and silverbow!
everyone was great with taking up my crazy and playing along
teaching the round ears to lick the glow ball
Sam trying to condition me with "flesh to stone"
saved the town from a demon and for some reason people are mad?! haha
seeing my monster come to life after 2 hours of trying to put the prosthetic on. Sean your the beast of my dreams, also i cant wait to make a new one for you to suffer through!

Sir Elizar Ralinfolly
(oog: Jake Levine)
“Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Elawyn (Elawyn), Damien (Damien), Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Chris G. (Cross), Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
10 Sep 2012 13:08 #16 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Thanks to everyone who brought something for the dessert contest, everything was delicious. Jake/Teag eating my table scraps was hilarious.

All the help I received during feast prep and set up was appreciated. I got a lot of compliments for feast and I couldn't have done it without Jenn, Luis, Jake, Shawn, Damien, Gaylord, Kristen, Charlie and everyone else who pitched in.

Gambling mod ftw.

Main mod skirmishing group vs. the unholy trinity of Andy, Jon and Beardo peppered with Aaron slaughter with the added addition of the Skimotaur in the background, truly felt like a war.

Getting knighted was awesome, a goal I've had since the beginning prejudices in game towards the gypsies. The newer gypsies don't know how good they''ve got it!

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
10 Sep 2012 13:42 #17 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic September 2012 Highlights
There are two phrases that define Sergei's weekend: "Dear gods, why?" and "Sergei wins." Most things that happened fell into those categories, heh.

Friday:
-Excellent plot RP with Wulfgar, Ming Na, and Ostcliff. Things are progressing delightfully.
-Sword Mod. In an evenly matched fight, one Warlock tips the scales. Great Sergei/Lumi rp. Also, Anhil? Any time, anywhere. bring it, knife-ear :evil:
-Sergei now vassaling with dreg'amire and immediately setting up business interests in his new lands.

Saturday:
-Volunteering for Shane's and Larry's mods. From Death Fiend to Giant Snake, thems was some fun times.
- "See, now if you had just done that BEFORE the fight, they would have been distracted and we could've won!"
-Attempt to be helpful, get squashed into paste by a minotaur. This is why Sergei doesn't help out, heh.
-Wait, what, the high level mages are listening to my plan? And think it's a good idea? And are going to do it? What madness is this!
-Main Mod:
-Sergei Petsho: Professional vulture of the wounded and looter of the enemy. I think that was the first time Sergei and Fearghall have ever gotten along.
-Tarot reading from Carlos. It's just like they say. Eerily spot-on, Geoff.
-Conversations with Keavy on the subject of courtship. Apparently it involves ether, a sack, rope, a tree, and a feather. Attached to a live turkey.

Sunday:
-Corpse Tree Mod. From start to finish, the constant looks of "wtf' and "dear gods, why" from the PC's was delighful to see.

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
10 Sep 2012 15:10 #18 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic September 2012 Highlights

Bran MacInnes wrote: - "See, now if you had just done that BEFORE the fight, they would have been distracted and we could've won!"

It was fun hearing consensus on that. Very flattering ^^

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
10 Sep 2012 15:18 #19 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Absolutely have to start with brutally honest, insightful non chaotic conversation with Billium
Then the looks I received when I described that to others.

Tari's ridiculous plan to save her friends. I think Lethias may be fed up.

My unbelievable self restraint in demanding respect from the mages.

Watching coopers alchemist and the amount of crazy people just allowed and rolled with.

Seeing peoples faces when I told them I was in charge of the mages guild, and having people listen to me when I came up with a plan and gave orders.

Oh Chris, those death trees on Sunday making me realize why I hate nature so much.

Oh yeah can't forget asking a Yahtzie why he needed a minotour shield, saying we've never even encountered those. I really lived to regret those words.

Finally Tari's amazing construction plans for Kaledonia and the nobles reaction.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
10 Sep 2012 15:26 #20 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Friday

Chaos Orb

Billliamm's less than nice interrogation
Having a necromancer change his ways

My Reprisal of Captain Jared Monk

Great Rp with Tari

Sat
Unique use of Blast
followed by punching a woman into a man

Minotaur Fight

The Mod I ran, I wish to give a huge thank you to all the npc's you were fantastic.

Bottle Mod, and Billliamm's many facets of anger

Sunday

Dame Myxolidia's breakfast, thank you

Taking all the Red Hats.

Taunting the Red Cap only to Meld with earth when he got close

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
10 Sep 2012 16:50 - 10 Sep 2012 16:52 #21 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic September 2012 Highlights
First of all, being able to drop the green headband. While it was nice to experience the freedom of movement that comes with leaving behind all three of my swords, without them I just didn't quite feel like Elawyn. (Technically, one is not my sword. But at this point it may as well be, despite being my most uncomfortable piece of costuming).

Other than that, I had a really great time this weekend. A few highlights include:

- Conversations with Clark as Brinden, and the taking of my very first squire after who knows how long being a noble of one type or another. Subsequently being incredibly proud of him both for his service during the Feast and his courage on the field.

- Teaching fighting to two of my favorite KR ladies, then sparring with all of our vassals (something we all need to do more - you all kept up really well and didn't give up).

- Calling Orias out on his lurking during said session, and all other interactions that happened with or in his presence the rest of the weekend. Highlight of these: "Eight years doesn't mean dead."

- Accidental Mass attendance, and happily finding El hadn't scarred Marika for life. Being teased by both a templar and a paladin for said attendance.

- Skimmaltaur, of course.

- Getting to be angry IG, with no bleed out to OOG, at so many things. Its so cathartic. Aside from my terrible lack of an accent, I love playing up all of my racials.

- Despite his injury, watching Sam being able to actually take part in main mod and fight for real against enemies he could use his card on.

- The sadness upon El realizing Aliester doesn't remember being one of her really good friends, and the horrible realization that he had in fact reverted to a person she never trusted nor liked and who might do terrible things if left unchecked. Resulting nostalgia and chats with him and the multiple people that joined in.

- And finally, getting to run the Faerie module on Sunday, and the positive feedback I received after. I have to give a big thank you to all my NPCs who absolutely listened to my instructions and went above and beyond. All my shift NPCs on Sunday were real troopers in the heat, and I thank you all so much for taking your roles and really embodying them. Specific thank you to Jen F. as the Faun, who looked exactly like how I pictured the character and who did a fabulous job remembering pages of lore and a hefty card, even though I only recruited her a few days before the event. Redcaps are now my all time favorite NPC monster, btw.

Thanks Doug for a great weekend, and everyone else that made it happen. See you next month. :)

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 10 Sep 2012 16:52 by Elawyn (Elawyn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Oakroot (OakRoot), Chris G. (Cross), Croínamara (Jen)
10 Sep 2012 17:21 #22 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Friday NPC:
All of the RP fun ^____^

Ilana:
-Being able to hang out with everyone again.

-Main mod was the best. Being able to fight an enemy that wasn't just out for blood was great. I spent the near end rescuing the Valerians and making sure they made it back to their sideline.

-Minotaur .__.

-Unexpected Bottle Mod. Interesting final result.

Syl:
-Trying to comfort Keavy about her nightmares. Also, Syl and Tanis may have adopted her.

-Watching 'Niel getting sucked into the ground right in front of Syl. Immediately started tracking after... corpse trees. Crazy fight.

-No one believes Syl she's not an archer X.x Usually can't fathom the fact she is an Alchemist

-Sad I missed out on Faerie mod because I had to leave early :/ At least Tanis can report to Syl about it later.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
10 Sep 2012 17:25 #23 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Making my first knight. Drega'mire is finally starting to rise up!

Totally forgetting the last 6 years of Aleister's life after an encounter with an incredibly evil force.
Nostalgia: The Mod. Best mod ever.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicoletta (fyperia)
10 Sep 2012 17:43 #24 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic September 2012 Highlights
a quick shout out to some of the coolest people I know (you know who you are):
- laying on the docks, bare foot with an autumn wind overhead and sunlight in the dancing tree branches.
- the late night bravery of a totally new player and her stunning performance as a Valarian confronting a very grim situation.
- the subtle and invigorating taste of hibiscus in tea form, ingeniously made and generously shared by my favorite treasure finding partner.
- the quick thinking and generous rulings that made low level mod completable instead of completely dead. You saved a lot of the brand new players a lot of stress with your creative problem solving.

and so many more.

Eli
RP Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenn (JennF), Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
10 Sep 2012 18:44 #25 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Friday:
NPC for New Player Mod! For having a bunch of higher level mods running around at the same time, I think the new players did a pretty good job handling themselves, especially the masked wild mage. "Even I don't know what I'm capable of!"
Nearly endless Pirates. We may have gone down over and over... but wow, was that a lot of fun. Thanks to Ben Theis for kicking us around, and to the guy who played the Captain. I know I got beaten up pretty badly in those fights... I can only imagine yours was worse. Also: vanishing, patient pirate undead... a little confounding, was it?
Lizardkin Stalking. We had a really good night for this, and we had a couple of good fights.

Ori going on Sword plot was... interesting. The fight was simple enough: divide and conquer. It was a little freaky when we were worried about TPK, but we made it. Then, the final choice was tough, but when we figured it out, it was good to know that we all passed the test. It was a real trial for Ori, and it was a testament to his will that he didn't freak out, between the taunting and the screaming.

Saturday:
Making more money's always good. Some very nice lessons with able students and always awesome teachers. Fighting Valerian phantasms and associated enemies all day was harrowing, but it was good seeing people work together... especially once that Skimmeltaur came out.
Spending most of the day with Charcoal was quite pleasant, helping her reconnect with people and knowing how much she missed all of us... and seeing her apply adorable Kitieran disregard for race or history in her inexorable quest to turn everyone friendly... it's inspiring.
Necromancer/Witch Hunter mod was really amusing... especially remembering my dissection checklist.
Main Mod... burning through every healing reserve I have, then going out and throwing about half a dozen damage types and going up against soldiers and mages and what sounded very much like a Tao... damn. Also: Charcoal panicking when she saw me being hauled back to the healers, unconscious, and healing me in a mewling hurry. I think she learned something.
Theological discussion with Father Artemis. I really hope we get to keep talking about stuff like that, 'cause it was a lot of fun, and some good honest talk about what some people think are gray areas in Arawyn's philosophy.

Sunday:
All of the faerie shenanigans. First, the enchanted rats burning their resists on Animal Empathy... that's one way to run us out of Druid mana. Wolves, rats, and will-o-wisps... and then fairies. Props to Cy, Alex, and the spriggan for going on so long. Throwing meteoric daggers and a flaming apple at the redcaps with Nutmeg to piss them off. Also: "Is that blood on your hat or is it just berry juice?" Sometimes, intelligent enemies are easier to crowd control.
Corpse Tree mod was awesome. It burned through most of my healing for the morning, so I didn't have enough to cure myself of the diseases... I had to see a physician about it. Typhon's death made him quite a martyr... and now he gets a little piece of how healers feel. It's interesting to hear him talking about it.

I know I've said it already, but... *flaming apples*. So funny.

See you all next month... and hopefully, with more kin in tow!

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
10 Sep 2012 20:51 #26 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Friday -
Being delusional enough to say "Of course Sorel is here, I don't know what you're talking about."
Chris's NPC for Swordplot telling Angelica she needed to lie to everyone. My immediate "NO." and then ending up being hung over the fake Pits of Malyc to be "sacrificed" anyway. To all of the people on that mod who made the correct choice - Angelica is so, so, so proud of you.
Angelica got to be happy for a while, which is rare nowadays. Too bad none of her friends were around at that point.

Saturday -
Putting my Ciela costume on for a little while to take some pictures in the woods somehow turned into "go play Ciela for a while."
She and Teag are going to the moon to play flutes and it's going to be so much fun.
-
Fighting Galadellians upset Angelica a lot, but when six of them are running towards people with their back turned... I've never run that fast in my life.
Main mod: thanks Steve for realizing how useless I am standing around with 20 other healers and making me come with you instead.
Does crying in the corner for 3 hours count as a highlight? WAY TO GO ALEISTER ;A;
Goley, I can't believe you got that music box made. And why am I so good at finding loopholes in things you say during bottlemod?
Encountering drow as Angelica who were searching for Karkat and Terezi... awkward.

Sunday -
Karkat and Terezi's shenanigans.
Drinking red cap blood. It was SO DELICIOUS but made Terezi feel SO ILL
Falling into a catatonic fit after Spirit-ing. And having a conversation off to the side with Shannon to explain all the things wrong with Terezi's head when she psychoanalyzed her.

And thank you so much Matt for getting me to the event!! :D

OOG: Zelda Turqman
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
10 Sep 2012 21:55 #27 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Where to start? It was a short event for me but a really good one.

Friday:

- Writing down my first complaint as a member of the Town Guard in the Baronial Manor right after I got my armor fixed, including making sure the information was correct, all parties were listed, etc.,etc. The other people in there looked a little surprised at someone actually, literally, writing out a complaint and reading it back. Presenting the information to Magnus.

- Sword Mod: Wow. Good stuff all around. I hated having to get behind letting Squire Tellinghast fall into the Pit of Malyc. Bat will be questioning the goodness of that decision for quite some time.

- Trip to the monastery where I made a pretty good suggestion, blew people's minds(especially Keilor) with an awesome secret*, and began the chain of events that ended with me getting cleric.

Saturday

NPC: So..much..awesome. Lots of role playing NPCs ending with an invigorating round in the New Player Area(culminating in chatting with Quildar as a Valerian).

- Reading the complaint from last night to Lord Blackthorne

- Second Master Warrior lesson with Haroldson. Good, also humbling.

*In case you are wondering, the secret is this. When your lips are moving we can see what you're thinking.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
10 Sep 2012 23:00 #28 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Had a great event. I witnessed some great combat role play and lots of good interactions among the players.

-Colin McGregor taking charge!
-Chat with Quin, Magnus, Colin and the Archbishop. What a rare treat.
-Aemorniel's early morning visit. If I had known she was coming, I would have had Tsoli make some tea.
-Fighting alongside Misaki.
-Discovering Jed's cabin. Not for Quinarian use.
-Getting pounced on by Char.
-Standing up for Tari.
-Deciding that the Winterdark Ball might be a good party for Ardin to attend.
-Fun logistics shift and great helpers and interesting chat topics.
-Long awaited card reading by Carlos. WOW!
-Another Quinarian's card reading by Carlos.
-Illusionary Script lesson. My apprentice should have picked Blur.
-So that's how you cut a man's arm off?
-Aermorniel getting into trouble yet again. Where is her bodyguard anyway?
-Sorcery wand was a casualty of the awesome dark druid mod. Incredible job by the NPCs.
-Big Battle outside of the Baron's manor. Was a joy to witness.

and finally...
-it's always the smallest things that mean the most.

See you in October.

Norm B

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
11 Sep 2012 00:45 #29 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic September 2012 Highlights

Bran MacInnes wrote: -Sword Mod. In an evenly matched fight, one Warlock tips the scales. Great Sergei/Lumi rp.

I seriously think that is the best RP we've had as Sergei and Luminista. Such a concerned big brother! And, Lumi finally realized how much of a spoiled selfish brat she's been. :D

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
11 Sep 2012 09:00 #30 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Oh let's see. I don't even know where to begin.

Before game even started, getting antagonized by Stacey because Guild-related things
Getting settled in the Mage's Guild
I think I mostly hung around the Inn all night talking to people
Was friday night chaos orb night? I can't even remember. That was interesting.
Having coffee with half the Silverbow family (or attempting to, rather)
Of course getting dragged away to stand invisibly in a corner because that's how you avoid dying when you're walking with vastly more seasoned characters and they go to fight in the Gypsy Caravans.
Finally making it back long after the now-coined 'Quinarian bedtime' and falling asleep
Interesting RP with Aemorniel, I don't think we'd really spoken before. She definitely gave Mirwen some food for thought.

Sleeping in later than usual Saturday and not serving breakfast.
Patrolling Market Fair with Belegchand, yay Guard tasks.
Attempting to learn rank 1 wizardry. Advice: If the Guildmaster takes you on as a student, don't ever try to have a lesson near the Inn. You'll never finish it. (first interruption: low-level goblin mod (fun!! it was really weird being the player that kinda knew what they were doing and wasn't totally gonna die!!!) second interruption: necromancer mod total ganking because low-level character on necromancer mod. Thanks for the healing, guys! Various interruptions in between: the guildmaster is a busy man.)
Finally finishing learning my new spells just in time for Guildy stuff.
Sorcery somewhere in there. Lots of sorcery somewhere in there.
Deciding to attend the Moresca Ball
Delicious feast. Honey butter brownies might be the new bacon.
Getting caught in the middle of a food fight. I don't think I've ever given someone such a bad stink-eye. But that's why you don't hit a Quinarian on the head with a hunk of bread.
After feast, an interesting reading by Carlos (as always), watching some people gambling, generally passing the time until going back to the guildhall and falling asleep.

Sunday, waking up two hours early and discovering quite on creepy accident that Wormwood snuggles his pillow in his sleep.
Also, lying there and deducing exactly who in the guildhall snores and who does not while trying to get back to sleep.
Saying goodbye to people before leaving for NPC shift.
FAERIE MOD. YES. JUST YES. A+ FAUN WOULD FAUN AGAIN. jen you're so pretty~

great weekend, i had the MOST fun roleplaying, a lot of new realizations about my character and a lot of things to think about for her future. Can't wait for october.

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 1.105 seconds