Knight Realms Photo Gallery - Name Tagging!

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
22 Nov 2012 21:48 - 23 Nov 2012 13:15 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Knight Realms Photo Gallery - Name Tagging! was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Name Tagging is now enabled in the gallery! When you tag someone, a pale label will appear near them, and the picture of them will appear on their Profile page, making it easy to see pictures of them all in once place.

You can only tag yourself. This is for people who may not want a collection of pictures of themselves in green makeup or elf collected in one place for easy viewing by co-workers or bosses. ;-)

Tags, and the collection of pictures, are only visible to people who are logged in. If you don't have an account on the KR website, you can't see the tags, or the collection of images.

To tag yourself in a photo:
  1. Navigate to the full image you want to tag.
  2. There will be a tag in the upper left corner, waiting for you to position it.
  3. To avoid cluttering the photo, please drag the tag to one of the bottom corners of the photo! Do NOT tag your self in the middle of the photo!.
  4. Click on the Tag icon to the right of your name. This will lock the tag in place, and add it to your gallery.
  5. You can delete a tag if you mis-tag something by accident, or want to remove it for some reason.

Check the user profile for myself (GJSchaller - you can click on my icon) to see how they appear on the Profile.

Enjoy!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Last edit: 23 Nov 2012 13:15 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
23 Nov 2012 08:53 #2 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Knight Realms Photo Gallery - Name Tagging!
awesome!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
23 Nov 2012 09:11 #3 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Knight Realms Photo Gallery - Name Tagging!
You are a wise man, Geoff, very wise...

Norm

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
23 Nov 2012 09:32 #4 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Knight Realms Photo Gallery - Name Tagging!
Strange... when I tested this out the first time with Geoff, I would only see the tag if i moused over it... now its there regardless.

Perhaps for now if you are going to tag yourself, tag the photo itself, but keep the tag itself in the very lower right hand corner. We'll prob need to figure out a way to make the tag not visible if we want to keep the feature. I apologize. Geoff ran this by me and for some reason it was working differently for me the first time, so I gave him the go ahead.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
23 Nov 2012 13:16 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Knight Realms Photo Gallery - Name Tagging!
For now, keep the tags in the bottom corners - that way, they'll be out of the way of the pic. I'll work with the developers to see if we can work on a Show / Hide feature for the tags.

The original instructions have been updated to reflect this.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
23 Nov 2012 15:24 #6 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Knight Realms Photo Gallery - Name Tagging!
Just as a suggestion ... for multiple person pictures maybe the tags can be along the bottom in the kind of "Left to Right" manner. Look at the tagged picture of me, Dr. Maxwell and Rudolph for example.

Joe H.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds