Dec 2012 Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 Dec 2012 19:26 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Dec 2012 Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Pre-Event:

* Diane pinched a nerve in her leg about a week ago - given she was cooking feast, this made things... interesting going into the event. Karen Yashinsky was a champ for helping us when I did an extra stop to pick Diane up.
* New Embosser for James & KR. SO many compliments on it!
* Just before layon, new photos of Gideon, and the groundwork for a new Avatar!

Game On!
* Wait, there's NINE smiths in town?
* "Can you guys handle these orders? 10 maces, 10 shields, and a whole new set of armor for Wormwood." "Sure, Gideon, we'll coordinate." Two hours later, almost 8 man-hours of work was done. It was impressive to see everyone working as a team, without needing me there.
* 40% of the present Brazenites were green headbanding. :blink:
* Brazenite Mass - "Hey, Punk! Get a Mass ready, we have a congregation this time."
* Gift to the Baroness: "OOG, Geoff, will Diane be jealous if I kiss you?"
* Feast - ALL THE NOMS! Thank you, Diane! And thank you to everyone that helped her put it together!
* My first Ritual, where I am the caster, and not the assistant. Pulled it off with an 01. FLAWLESS VICTORY! (And it was the same one that I botched twice assisting, including the one that killed me...)
* Baronial Council Meeting. Great work, guys. The future for Travance looks bright.

About the only regret I had was I felt a massive headache coming on Sat. night before Main Mod, so I decided to lay low and guard the Inn. As a result, I missed James' mod. :(

Fantastic weekend, everyone! Looking forward to the January event, but first - Awards Banquet in 5 weeks!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen)
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
02 Dec 2012 19:32 #2 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
Replied by Lathiel (Lathiel) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
First, I would like to say welcome to all the new players. Hope you had fun. And this was also my first time doing full-time NPC shift, and it was quite fun.
Friday Night
Went out as an Illithid Psion-Rogue combination to look for answers to some questions, but unfortunately for me everyone was in a group and never travelled alone.
I went out as a Spider and was absolutely destroyed, but I wasn't meant to be a tough spider.
I forget what else I did that night, but evectually I went to bed.

Saturday Afternoon
Being a True Warlock and blowing people's defenses away from Dark Whispers. It is such a useful skill to get PCs fighting each other.
Went out as Elementals, got a couple of people at Ostcliff, but then we were outnumbered by at least 2 and so we died.

Feast was excellent considering the fact that the only food I ate that day was a single Poptart and nothing else. had a good amount of pot pie and like 4 brownies.

Main Mod
Sent out as another Illithid to be the Hive-lord. I stayed behind the group of other NPCs until Oros dropped and was killed pretty quickly due to the lack of body I had.
The whole scene at Totem Pole Hill had to have been the greatest end to a Main Mod I have ever seen. The fog came in perfect timing, and everything just worked out perfectly. This is what happens when James runs a mod, it goes way over the top and is just epic.

After Main Mod
I was a Master Rogue sent to the inn to find some prisoners to take to logistics for a follow-up mod. I was close to getting one, but my other rogue friends got 2. We held white-haired girl and guy with pelt cloak (sorry for not knowing your names) for ransom. You guys were really good sports and made the mod really fun. Kudos to you guys, hope you show up to more events.
Then there was the mod that everyone knew happened: the mortal hunter and undead mod throught the camp. We were not expecting that few people at the inn when we attacked. I decided to be crafty and introduce myself to people walking on the road and telling them we need help. I didn't attack them on the spot for the main reason that if I attacked them there, there were no allies nearby except at the inn and I thought that would be unfair. I just attacked them when we were near the inn and ran away to do the same thing.
Not getting to bed until 5:30.

Sunday Afternoon
Woke up around noon.
Didn't do much except eat some stuff and say bye to people. Thanks for the turkey leg, Paul.

Anyway, it was an excellent event overall and hope there will be many more like this.
Lowlights
The temperature at night and the soreness of my feet and legs from running everywhere

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Master of the Mages' Guild
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Casandra (Casandra), Chryphex (Chryphex), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
02 Dec 2012 19:35 #3 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Xualla and Grant Death spam.

Summon food lesson = cookies for Kwildar.

Rage Angel.

"Rayven, your sword is a better barbarian than you. Look at how much fur it has on it."

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Alicia D.
  • Thank Yous: 48
02 Dec 2012 21:00 - 02 Dec 2012 21:09 #4 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
O.M.G THIS WAS THE BEST WEEKEND OF MY LIFE TO DATE :woohoo:

Haha so yeah I'm a new player and I was the "White haired healer with the lantern" AKA: Alicia Dura haha I got 2 very good nicknames this event (if i do say so myself!)

BOY OH BOY I HAVE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY HIGHLIGHTS!

* New player mod, my first time getting into character, this helped me really decide on my PC's personality. I didn't like being "dainty" haha

* LOL the Corrupted mushroom/ dark druid mod hahaha! My first serious healing experience! Saved my friends from death +10 times, and then got my arms broken! When that happened I resorted to healing....WITH MY FACE! :D which got me some RP points, a trinket, and my first ridiculous nickname: THE HEADBUTTING HEALER!! LMAO

* Then some awesome stupid fuckery at the inn from 3:00am to 4! Thank you Reese for NOT LETTING ME SLEEP! "I'm going to bed now Reese.." "uhhh no your not! strength +1 >;D" haha Also thank you Almat for giving me +2 strength to throw his ass out into the snow so i could FINALLY get to bed!

*Passed out on Reese's bed haha and woke up with toilet paper ALLLLLLL OVER THE PLACE DAFUQ?!

* Selling out of my cookies SUPERRRRRR fast! Trust me guys I will bring WAY more next time to meet demand! $$$

*Thanks Chris G. for my second nickname "Snow" which caught on pretty quickly with a lot of people! :)

* I loved how nearly everyone told me NOT to go on the main mod because it would be wayyy to dangerous, when in turn i was the safest person of them all! I LOVE MY LANTERN I was very happy to be the start of the light team!!! I never thought that little lantern would save so many lives or become such a big part of my PC!

*I got kidnapped WOOHOO! AND SO MANY PEOPLE CAME TO SAVE ME! I FELT SO LOVED! <3 the NPC's on that Mod were so awesome! Great Job! That was sooo much fun!
"how did you know i was missing?!"..."when you didn't comeback for your lantern!"

*Then the cluster of undead and mortal hunters AND VAMPIRES!!! I went down soooooooooooooooooo many times! And thanks Reese for killing me and eating my flesh! 2 MINS LEFT IN CRITICAL IS TO CLOSE FOR ME! You totally got your revenge!! Happy? I'm so happy someone saved my ass! lol thanks whoever got me up YOU ROCK!

*Really sad and intense RP, Alicia couldn't handle all the deaths...

*HAHAHA SUNDAY NPC SHIFT! The only girl! w00t! haha the morning "Domestic disturbance" Robert & Ingrid LOLOLOL I'm so happy many people enjoyed me and Augustus's performance haha it was so weird acting so mean! "I TOLD YOU I WANTED SUGAR IN MY COFFEE! *slap*" and watching Quan Liu get sucker punched was hysterical! Great RP!

Thanks guys so much, this really was an amazing event and I'm so glad I made so many friends IG and OOG. I really felt totally welcomed! I almost exploded from all the complements on my costume, RP,and face lol I can't wait to go to my next event! <3
Till next time! ~

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
Last edit: 02 Dec 2012 21:09 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quin (Quin), Pappy (Quan), Chris G. (Cross), Nicoletta (fyperia), Croínamara (Jen)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 Dec 2012 21:03 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Please remember, this is a Family Friendly game - keep the language clean! :-)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
02 Dec 2012 22:08 #6 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
-Killing 'Hex'. Corruption seed missing? Let's hunt it down! Syl doesn't let a query go.

-Corpses, Illithids, and a slave.

-Wytchwood. A surprisingly active role in the battle. Tanis did the hunting down part for the Music Box.

-Getting to watch the Bards unlock the song.

I know I'm missing a part of this story somewhere, but lack of sleep has erased it at the moment.
---
-Many people asked Ilana just random questions and advice in the short time she was around. One of my favorite parts of the event

-Ilana got to kill Maligno, which took a three year weight off her shoulders. Then she got to see craziness! (That set up was great. I'm glad it worked out so well James!)

NPC-

-Poison? Me? No no, that girl you clearly have surrounded. I'm just going to walk out this door here...

-When Chris started swinging during the hostage mod, I immediately ran to the inn to get more people knowing we all had made a serious mistake (I like being surprised as an NPC)

-The werewolf mortal hunter and psuedo-hostage mod. Don't worry Dove, I'll come back for you one day :)

After NPC:
-Reanimating Annora with Carlotta's help. First time she helped with any serious physician work... she said she'd forgive Ilana one day.

-Surprising morning conversations.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
02 Dec 2012 22:13 #7 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Valentine had a lot of very interesting and deep conversations about ... Religion? Huh?

Do you know that I can make any story into a nautically themed allegory even while sleep deprived?

"Every gold coin in your pocket while in Coast Haven takes one year off your life expectancy"

"I figured out how to make the upstairs of Winterdark warm using convection currents. Do I get to learn Quadrivium for free now?"

"I came to town hoping to keep a low profile... you know, hiding in plain sight. Too bad I traveled with the niece of the Seneschal and the cousin of the new Baroness. So much for that plan."

and a really memorable quote from Jonas "It looks like some Gypsies vomited on your quills. I'd return those if I were you"

Marriage counseling, Quan Liu style "First you get a length of rope. When she's sleeping tie her to the bed, then go make breakfast.".... PRICELESS

Thanks for a great event

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
02 Dec 2012 23:30 #8 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Got to do my first KR game, full time NPC! And it was full time because I was excited and didn't sleep but maybe five hours the whole weekend (Four at the very end just before getting up to head home!). I'll be better about sleep next time, promise ;)

I loved being the annoying late-night roving monsters. The wide varieties of reactions from "OH NO RUN" to "Sod it, I'm asleep, I'll respawn in the morning" amused me. (Seriousy, as the poison bugs: "One poison body...... One poison body...... One poison body?...... Did we kill them or are they just really sleepy? There is a person in this sleeping bag, right?...") Also, hitting the Inn and going upstairs x3 we were REALLY annoying x3

Committing vile, evil, unpleasantly well-descrbe dread surgery on the poor Wild Mage and being the ONLY NPC to actually escape with my life (Because I kinda pushed one of my fellows at the archer as a meat shield and RAN). Favorite line of that scene: "Y'know, you'll get tired eventually-you might as well give up. ...... I'm getting bored waiting for you. There are, of course, worse things than being bored, and I can do all of them." *Wild Mage just whimpers*

Being the last Kobold outside Winterdark during the Wake Up Travance Mod, and looking up just as Cinder walks around the corner. We stare at each other for a moment, and I do the only reasonable thing: I scream and run. And then Cinder killed me. A lot.

The poor healers we ran up on just a few hundred feet from the Yurt. Oh, the looks on their faces. Ran into Cinder there, too. I snarl, strike for 4 Decay, he swings back for ten body and strides right past me xD

I got to do LOTS of makeup for people! :D

Got to take a swing at the "White Haired Healer with the Lantern." Because she was bright and shiny, and the formation broke down x3

Early Goblin New New New New Annoyance mod. "Competent people only!" Door slams in the face of all the other goblins and one PC. xD

Group of six barbarians: "We're gonna own these little elves and the, like, two, maybe four people they bring. Oh... they brought... the whole town. Huh."

And seeing my first KR game. Seriously awesome. Less awesome: taking an arrow to a piercing. Wasn't BAD, but stung a bit x3 Think I'll pad that, nest time!

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
03 Dec 2012 10:45 #9 by Themanwithnoname (danman)
Replied by Themanwithnoname (danman) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
The whole town descending on us was something to remeber at my first event... fun as hell though :D
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
03 Dec 2012 10:47 - 03 Dec 2012 10:51 #10 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
There are not enough words to describe this event!! James, Steve, everyone, fantastic job! This is definitely my favorite event thus far.

Friday:
New cloak! Thanks Matt! I was super warm all weekend.
Joining Tanis and Almat at the Baronial Library.
Psionic things, corrupted things.. don't remember much. Mind is blanking.
Missing werewolf mod because of LM shift... D:
LM shift afterward was fun with Gus and Chris Z.
Two and a half hours sleep, yay!

Saturday:
Sylvan/Drau Mod. Interesting, though easier than I expected.
Teaching Anhil how to use forceful gust.
Wytchwood Forest mod. Intense!! Dark whispers made Keavy think everyone was going to leave her behind. Jade never gave up trying to save her making for some great RP between us. :)
Some ghouls(I think?) came outside the inn, with Keavy almost alone. Fear'd at all three, the last one getting his leg broken was still crawling away from me as I growled at him. Nice job, dude!
Don't remember everything..
Feast was deliciousssss
Getting a dream catcher from Angelica as I was alseep. No more nightmares for Keavy!
Finally seeing Caelvan. Learning about his new role for the night's battle.
Trying hookah for the first time. Pretty cool!
Learning Body Block with Billiam. I enjoyed your enthusiasm Gene :)

MAIN MOD. OMG.
Confused at first with the jumbled mass of everyone not moving anywhere, getting leech life'd and losing my swords thanks to Oros. Though I did get to borrow Raven's +2 Divine sword and Marika's +1 fire dagger to florentine with!
Had to help Caelvan when he was dazed, keeping enemies away from him as he leaned on me.
Helping those who needed light that had been leech life'd. Even Wormwood, haha!

Once we got moving, oh my god.

The fire was breathtaking (and the natural fog fit perfectly too), James was terrifying, I couldn't believe what I saw! Keavy was turned invisible, thrown, and just in overall shock from it. When we were told to retreat, Keavy was upset because she hadn't seen Caelvan. Turned out he was invisible but safe.

So after somehow managing to survive main mod, I got my silver sword reforged by Orion, having a good conversation with him. (Foreshadowing, sort-of!?)Then, we had a bit of shenanigans at the inn having some of Trisana's Satyr's Wine making Keavy extra flirty with Caelvan and having him end up in a tug-o-war that ended with me gaining strength +8! :lol:

After cured of her drunkenness,hostage mod.
Going back to the inn...Greater revenants and Mortal hunter swarm!! Keavy, trying to protect the white haired healer Alicia had her reforged sword shattered and dropped under a table....Taking my first death 10 minutes later. (Thanks to Chris Zipeto!)

The RP that ensued. Oh goodness.
Being found from under the table. "First Aid assess?"
"Dead."
"what?!"
Caelvan comes over. "No. NO. By natures will I cast cure minor wounds!"
"No effect."
He proceedes to cry "No.." over and over...then furiously punch his MYTHRIL shield.
As more enemies began to attack the inn, Jade carried her outside. I decided that it's my first death ever so why not blue headband?

Keavy wandered as a spirit for quite some time, being found by Na'ar and eventually taken to the monastery to be brought through the focus. Orion was dead as well. Caelvan (alive, that is) joined later, sleeping on Keavy's shoulder.

The RP between Nate and I for the focus walk was great, and although Keavy doesn't remember it, what took place is now a thing.
Three hours of sleep, yay!

Hanging around the inn having some food. Chaos Warriors attacked, shenanigans ensued. Many Shenanigans ensued, all in good fun.
Sparring with Caelvan, using our cards haha. Somewhat even battle. Lots of fun.

This was a fantastic event, and I couldn't be happier that I went. All of you are amazing people and make me feel invincible. <3 Thanks, guys.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 03 Dec 2012 10:51 by Keavy (Dani).
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
03 Dec 2012 10:54 #11 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Long time since I stayed for a full event. I still left early on Sunday morning, & didn't get to say my goodbyes.

For this event, so many things... in no particular order. Traffic on 280 was WTF?, fighting swarms is broken, cheese + apples + mini sandwiches oh my! Grimtooth kobolds vs Winterdark & the Rage of Cinder. Post battle expression on Myxolidia's face. Sausage gravy & biscuits. Cheese puffs in sausage gravy... holy crap! Fighting... so much fighting. James as the demon & the evil choir music in the background. Sleep... oh sleep.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaT Adams (katadams)
03 Dec 2012 14:11 #12 by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai)
Replied by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Highlights from December event:

Good, evil, right, wrong, and the laws of Travance. Thanks to everyone who indulged my curiosity and endured these endless conversations. Also - having to put that law & morality to use in wolf mod. I can see this will be an ongoing theme.

Helping Anhill learn a new skill and getting custom, hoof-sized boots as thanks.

Befriending a hobgoblin and debating child-size hobgoblin ears.

Cool bard plot I only knew about at the very last minute and almost missed due to harpooning spiders. And then having said bards use their wiles/magic to peer-pressure me into performing during feast.

Honey butter over brownies. Yummmm!!

Getting pummeled time and time again during NPC shift and dropping to the snow/mud every time.

Finding out that my hiding spot in the inn put me right next to a heating vent, and dozing between each adrenaline-inducing wave of mortal hunters.

Late night spelling mistakes.

There was much more - I had a great time and many many wonderful one-on-one interactions. Thanks to everyone who ran or planned this weekend, and those who took up the challenge of feeding it.

IG: GinGinny GinRum
Ambassador of Alisandria
OOG: Megan Coppock
RP Marshall
The following user(s) said Thank You: Casandra (Casandra), Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
03 Dec 2012 14:57 #13 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
I can sum up the majority of this weekend for me pretty easily:
People are actually remembering I'm a scholar! Whoooo!

Seriously though, from about 4 am til I went to bed, and then from when I woke up until about 3 pm was intense research. I loved all the interactions, coming up with questions, being asked to take lead on certain things, actually knowing a lot of what was going on for once. And then I got asked to do two other separate research tasks, one of which I did but need to get my results (anyone know who the storyteller is for information on the first Baron Travance?). That was all awesome, and the highlight of the whole event for me was someone saying something to the effect of me having scholar seniority this feast.

The lullaby. Hearing it for the first time, researching it, unlocking it. WOW.

Performing at feast. it has been too long.

Teaching Requiem for the Dead to Tobar and Clyde. I LOVE teaching Bardics so very much.

Chatting around the hookah. Always a good thing.

Friday night song circle. We need to do those way more often.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
03 Dec 2012 16:03 - 03 Dec 2012 16:04 #14 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Friday Night: Playing my new scholar

-New player mod was hilarious. I enjoyed screaming at the top of my lungs for everyone to "Kill the heretics!" Being Valosian is soooo cathartic! Why haven't I tried this before?

- Meeting the Baroness at the end of the mod. "Does anyone have any questions for me?" Me: "You're not hiring a secretary, are you?"

- Getting pummeled by Father Osred's logical onslaught.

- Singing around the fire with Clyde et al.

Saturday: Carlotta!

- So busy that I literally could not get to the mage's guild meeting on time. Every time I tried to do anything, two people would ask me to do something else! I consider this a sign that my character is maturing.

- I don't think I've ever been asked to teach so many lessons at one event.

- Introducing myself to the new baroness and having her tell me that she already knew who I was. Some might be flattered by this, but Carlotta found it entirely disconcerting.

- FINALLY forced myself to learn Willpower. Thank you Zach for a great lesson. I knew I asked the right person to teach me. Charlie, you were great too.

- This was the first time I have ever sung at feast, and I had a blast! Big thank you to Josh for including me.

NPC shift:

- I was one of the few NPCs who got to witness James' Big Bad Mod. It was totally sweet. I had to pause in my mind probing duties to gawk. ;) Also, so glad I was not around to PC that.

Sunday:

- Sunday was just kind of a blur of awesome and fun for me. Lessons given and received, Tarot readings, and lots of other fun stuff.

Can't wait til the next game!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 03 Dec 2012 16:04 by Josephine (mferro54).
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
03 Dec 2012 16:19 #15 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
OMG THIS EVENT WAS SO MUCH AWSOME!

Friday: GREATER LYCAN BATTLE!!! that was the first time I fought a greater lycanthrope and how we ran into the lycan was SO EPIC! I dont know if you two planned it out somehow with other npcs or just by luck but it was so cool!

Saturday: Showing off a magic sword I got form the lycan mod was fun. Especially loved Aden's responce when I showed it to him. Getting a master to almost flip a table was fun! OMG THE BROWNIES!!!!! then main mod, I have no idea who thoought of doing that for main mod but it was SSOOOOOO COOOOOOLLL!!!! what song was being played anyway?

Sunday: Npc shift was great fun. Chris Zippedo(i hope im spelling that right) mods are all of the fun.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
03 Dec 2012 16:46 #16 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Wow. Where to start?

Overall: ALL THE RESEARCH. Seriously. For not being a scholar I was able to get a lot of information. Also, on at least one occasion I got an RP point and I have no idea why.

Friday: Got in a little bit late. I was actually planning to just come Saturday as I was doing a game night somewhat far away on Friday and it is super cold. It didn't work out that way.

Arranged for interviews and interviewed some people in regards to the prologue. Got jumped by a werewolf, played good cop/bad cop with Quan Liu with some people who got mind puppeted, more interviews, then off to sign up for an NPC shift. Which ended up being 2AM-6AM.

2AM-6AM shift:
I love swarms. Love them. So hard. IN THE FACE. Also dinka dinka folk metal.

The only lowlight of the event. In my rush to get ready I forgot my pillow and blankets. Sleeping was a challenge to say the least.

Saturday:
More interviews. Getting theories and ideas about the prologue.
Lesson Learned: Orias Wormwood doesn't do nice target practice. Even if he kind of likes you.
Lesson Learned: Running in very cold weather isn't as awesome as one might think.
Lesson Learned: Repel is super super useful.
Interviewing people about an assault.

Sunday:

Actually spending a little time with Alisandria
Giving my report to Lord Tartaros. It is fun watching Steve Oros almost dance with joy.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
03 Dec 2012 17:02 #17 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
My top highlight would have to be Baroness Heartwood's speech.... I think we have an in the closet Enaxian

also when chuck got poisoned, eventually healed, and came back to waylay the hell out of the culprit...
"Did you have to hit him in the back of the head that many times?"
"He didn't skimp on the poison so I didn't skimp on the waylay."

OOG-Mark B
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
03 Dec 2012 17:16 #18 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
First off, I had such a great weekend!! I loved seeing such an influx of new players, it's always great to see new faces in Travance!

Friday was very great, getting there early as usual and milling about to talk. I always love getting to see everyone again!!
Impromptu oog training during check-in...hey Chris G., is that official?
A mostly calm night at the inn, catching up with others and having to do a few things. I've never invoked a sorcery ritual before...
Meeting some new mages, and at least one new Quinarian. It's nice to have more of us in town.
Going to bed, only to be awakened by obnoxious buzzing as poisonous insects managed to get into the Guildhall...poor Augustus, asleep on the floor. He never had a chance. Ah well, some help from Alisandria (and apparently some unintentional insults that were hilarious to hear about) and he was better.

Saturday!
Waking up early to get some breakfast and mill about the inn as per usual on a Saturday morning
NPC shift!! Pestering people as kobolds. I think Winterdark likes not usually being on the wake-up circuit...it was priceless to be there though. Cinder is terrifying when he's angry...but I think the best was the Baroness' face when she saw the result of the attack (a field of dead kobolds on her front lawn).
Going out as elementals, having some fun with various people in various locations. Our one sad fire elemental, unhappy about the snow and cold...
Oh, and going out as a spider to trap anhil in webbing and poison him...felt kinda bad when he dropped...
Back in character, having tea and speaking with the Baroness. Witnessing Gorvax presenting her with a gorgeous stained glass piece of the symbol of the barony, to much applause. And after that died down, witnessing the Guildmaster shove his foot firmly in his mouth: 'Eh, there's a few scratches on the glass.' He was met with shocked silence.
Receiving an early birthday gift!
A magic lesson in there somewhere. I can never remember just when those happen.
Laughing at the prospect of going to the Wytchwood. A mage that fights with a Wytchwood staff? I'm sorry, do I look suicidal?
Cookies at the Mage's Guild meeting! Such yummy cookies! Oh yeah, and all that important stuff that happened at the meeting, too.
Delicious, delicious feast. Chicken pot pie, brownies, honey butter...a full stomach is a happy stomach!
Main mod prep: Mirwen in chain mail and leather armor. There were a few people that I'm pretty sure didn't know how to react.
Getting a steel staff forged in record time, just as a precaution (see: Maligno, Wytchwood staff).
Three surprisingly reassuring and comforting words and an action to go with them...
And main mod. Awful, awful (awesome) main mod. Decaying shields left and right! Yay for being useful!
But nearly dying because Leech Life. Ow.
And, of course, once Maligno was struck down...THAT whole thing. My favorite part was discussing it later: 'So what happened-? I stayed behind.' "Oh, it was -hand on head- so fricken awesome there was fire and all these arcane effects and fog and music and -hand off head- HORRIFYING." I have to say, though, probably the coolest thing i have EVER seen at KR.
Going to bed afterward, only to be woken up by screaming and fighting, having people come to the guild to look for sanctuary, finding out it was mortal hunters, and then starting to panic because people weren't coming back...I don't think i've ever come so close to crying at KR.
Going out with Kwildar when he came by, finding the missing parties, and finally having Mirwen's mind put at ease.
Sleeping pretty soundly after that, if not for long.

Sunday, going back to the inn for breakfast again, watching an entertaining marital dispute, watching some sorcery, learning some more magic from Carlotta, and getting some advice for which higher lists to learn. It was a great weekend.

I can't say enough how awesome this weekend was! I can't wait for january, it's bound to be a blast.

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
03 Dec 2012 17:19 - 03 Dec 2012 17:22 #19 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
@ Dominic - I think it was the theme from Final Fantasy VIII. I could be wrong, though. That's what someone had told me it was. Liberi Fatali?

So, finally doing my first event recap- this was a life changing event for Arden.

Friday night: NPC shift and a half, helped with NPM (Jen, David, Sebastian- you guys were awesome!), PC'd for an hour or so, kind of just wandered. Then went in to be the hook for mushroom mod. Boy, that was fun- and everyone did so well, too! And I liked getting to play a druid, it was different from my usual polearm shenanigans. Went out as a corrupted satyr after that, and had some fantastic roleplay- it was great! Went to bed right after this.

Saturday: Woke up around ten after ignoring weird blue things that were banging on every Mage's guild surface possible. After they were gone, went to the inn and spoke to Amizar about being a scholar. A lesson was promised later that night, and Arden was looking forward to it... There was also a small tea party with the Guildmaster, Bolton, Mirwen and some others. Other things: Bloodseeker's stained glass was amazing beyond words, meandering around town, and hanging out with the Uidhirs. Also, Tris' gift to Arden... it was lovely. <3

Main mod: Fighting my way through various enemies alongside Danny McKraegar, which not only was an honor, it was really exciting! Also, was surprised the light I had on my belt was actually useful. We finally made it to totem pole, and- well... a little dragoon ended up with Farslayer through her chest... However, she survived, thanks to her peculiarly colored dragon spirit coming to her aid! What a way to to use the skill for the first time, huh? On the way back, I couldn't believe it myself- I nearly cried the whole walk. I've never been so emotional at KR, but the loss of the King of the Dragoons was more than Arden could handle. Learning more and more about her each game. After a meeting with the other dragoons, a decision was made... I got my scholar lesson from Amizar, and said goodbye to Mirwen and Croi- which, again, really emotional roleplay.

Sunday: Beat up a necromancer, (jeez, incap actually worked for once!) and left the proper. White headbanded the rest of the game.

Overall, incredible event. Best ever. Can't wait till' January!

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
Last edit: 03 Dec 2012 17:22 by Arden (Shelby).
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
03 Dec 2012 17:27 #20 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
I've never had an event run so smoothly.
Definitely a nice treat on my end.

Now the real highlight? I get to PC for (most?) of next event!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Jack (Keeperofdice), Annora (Karen)
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
03 Dec 2012 19:38 - 03 Dec 2012 19:40 #21 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Before Event:
Arrived thursday night. Talked with Zach about common Romani knowledge and life as a gypsy before my time. Woke up at ten the next day, volunteered, and was one of the first on line at logistics. Got my very first boom packet!
Friday Night:
NPC Shift, first as a corrupted swarm. Taking into consideration my last three months of NPCing main mod and volunteering for extra shifts, I am not as good of an NPC as I should be, but being a swarm was fun and easy. Because of their "takes minimal damage" trait, I only need to count the times I got wacked and not the damage itself. Inflicted diseases on two poor saps and helped down two fresh players. Literally ran hissing in circles around Ostcliffe, chasing a man in a fancy hat, only to be struck down by his beefy friend.
And then I was victim of the Umbre Viata. Hid in the woods between Kaledonia and the Library. Thought I heard someone, screamed and played dead, only for no one to come. Awkward. Second time in the same spot, get Strength+X'ed to the monastery and propped up next to the other body that was chewed up by shadows. Should've asked what exactly killed me before I left logistics, because I had every lore thrown at me and wasn't sure if my assailant was undead or magical in nature. After Maxwell ran his autopsy and my shadow essences were taken, I was dismissed from my shift.
Saturday Noon:
Chilling in the Ostcliffe Yurt after a battle with elementals. Receiving thanks for Kromm Silverfang and having him sign my journal of people to know in Travance. Meeting a civil orc. Crashing a battle against orcs in the woods near the inn, looting corpses other people made, getting downed twice for it but still coming out with two swords totaling two hundred fifty gold pieces according to Tobar and a Mister Valentine. Solving the riddle on a puzzle box. Escorting the Baroness to her future estate at the Winterdark building...And being in the same room as Wormwood. Sharing a drink with Wormwood. Getting to know more about Witchhunters and Healers, and being told to not be a "retarded" kind of scholar (th-thank you, Wormwood).
Saturday Night:
Learning a lot about magic and the Weave from Ilana Darkwood, and getting to hear stories about her encounters with her demon. Learning more about Wormwood and hiding under my masks when I got his attention. Clyde's inspiring words about what it means to be a Bard, despite my heritage.
And then main mod. Coin Belts and Tambourines ward off the Umbre Viata, don't they, kindred? D-don't they? No! No more Leech Life! My kindred lied to me! SURGE.
Getting to the top of the hill to see James and all his fiery, background-music-having glory, and then being tossed about, concious or otherwise, by Blinks, Dust Devils, Throws, and Strength+Xs. Sorry for tripping you near the fiery chains, Marcella! :oops:
And then bed for the event.

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful out of game and so cool in game! Hope to see you all next month!

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
Last edit: 03 Dec 2012 19:40 by Fortier (Greysect).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
03 Dec 2012 21:45 #22 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
- Someone forgot to tell Angelica and Danny they were the supervisors of his land for the weekend... >.> Yep, it's always Drega'dark.
- Spending a good half of the event depressed. December is a rough month for Angelica.
- Spent most of the event with my ipod quietly playing Stilt Faeries... and then still hearing it when it wasn't actually playing.. o k
- Walking around with my flute playing Stilt Faeries. ("help i can play this song but no other sound will come out of this instrument fix it")/ transcribing Stilt Faeries with Croi. (and me trying to not say all of the answers, because Angelica doesn't know much about music.) Later, helping unlock the Nocturne of Unraveling.
- Being woken up three times Friday night?! "Angelica, someone's dying!" *looks at penguin pajama pants* "Uh, bring them up here!" -- "Angelica, Cinder's been captured, and is being tortured right now! Syl and Tanis are trying to track him!" *has skirt and boots on in about thirty seconds* (btw, Cinder ended up being imprisoned in the middle of the inn with six flesh-to-stone'd Agguarans around him. That escalated quickly..)
- Being in charge of various situations? So many people came up to me to ask me what to do about x situation this event (or my favourite: "Do you know where I can get some electrum? I was told to ask the Lord of Drega'mire.")
- Angelica took a huge step forward this event and gave Keavy the dreamcatcher she spent the last six months clinging to.
- Main mod: I am the Celestine Tellinghast-Belmont, it is me.
- Karkat and Terezi shenanigans. 'nuff said.
- BE MORE DEFENCIVE! (Steve, I have a huge bruise on my arm, thanks bruh)

OOG: Zelda Turqman
03 Dec 2012 23:08 #23 by Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits)
Replied by Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Where do I even start?

Big big thank you to Jeff. Going out on a limb and lending out that gorgeous two handed sword to some newbie hardly anyone knows. You saved my event and helped me look damn stylish in the new player mods. You are my Hero for the event!

This was my Second event and already making an alt? what am I crazy? It's not like I walked into new player intro mod in armor, with a giant sword and no skills to fight with.

oh wait, that happened!

It was fun shouting at all the other armed new players to charge in, only to have one go "well how about you?" I believe it was Lenore that I got to crack up. Sorry if I got your name wrong! I'm terrible with them!

After giving over what turned out to be the new Baroness' first gift of her reign (your welcome your mam'ness!) I went off straight for the Inn to find the smiths, jumped in as an assistant in one of the most beautiful combinations of celtic awesomeness and orginized hammer time we cranked out about 8 hours of work in barely over 1. then went for drinks to celebrate.

Two drunken celts, a gypsy, and Edmund later and we turned a sword bearing the symbol of Agaura which was being used to torture a poor valosian into a plowshare bearing the symbol of Andorra, then gave it as a gift to the Archbishop who not only consecrated the blade, but took it as his own personal farming tool. Go team Smithery!

Saturday was spent as my Barbarian, Lar. The new player mods were super fun, having finally come into my own in survivability I was able to kick a good number of asses and take a good number of names. Goblin mod was fun, Getting in there and saving the baby while everyone held off the baddies trying to kill it really made Lar feel great. The talk I had with Kor afterwards was fun too. Mutual respect through conflict. May we meet again as friends or equals in battle Kor!

Second new player mod: the pirates
I felt like a legitimate bad ass in this one, through the combined efforts of everyone and good timing on my part. Fighting tooth and nail through the powerful pirates, all to prevent an Agauran wedding that no one wanted save the pirates and the priest. The armor i picked up and trinket i got a hold of really let me show that pirate a thing or two, instead of the other way around. Looting the captain was getting frustrating, so Lar punched him in the mouth and looted a tooth.

Also snagged a kudos on a killing blow on the final pirate.

All of the above was done with your sword Jeff! Can't thank you enough!

So we get back from the mods just in time to find out that yes, my buddy Reese is in fact the luckiest man in all of travance. So getting all the money wasn't enough, he also had to get all of the treasure too. Enjoy the ring! next time you'll have no excuse for me dragging you back to the inn with broken limbs!

Saturday night.... HOW DID I SLEEP THROUGH THE MORTAL HUNTERS? I was staying in the inn but somehow slept through the whole kerfuffle!

Almost forgot, my favorite friendship moment: "Ataru... You're Blonde!!!"

OOG:
Jason P.
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
03 Dec 2012 23:19 #24 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
The absolute highlight for me was (mostly) watching the Sunday morning scene with Raquel and Justin. He was the henpecked husband and she the harridan of a wife. Justin even has the stooped and rolled shoulders, and Raquel put the itch in bitch. How good was the RP - Ardin and Mirwen moved to the table at which the action was occurring, while Quan Liu, GinGinny and I sat transfixed. As parts two and three developed, more people gathered round. Kudos to the two of them, and to Luis who had a supporting role in the third act.

During feast sitting with Orias and him asking me if he was the most ill thought of person in Travance. Me "Certainly one of us is, though it may be too close to call" or something to that effect.

Fighting Alex Blockus' Mortal Hunter with Danny McKreagor and Sir Crestingstar (among others). Alex always RPs the bad guys well and this was no exception.

Danny's attempts to wake up Pendarvin and the complete lack of communication.

Three RIV sorceries, all successful, one with nothing to spare on the die roll. Explaining to two of the recipients that I really do not need gold, so something else must be worked out for payment. The future RP will unfold nicely, I believe.

Explaining to GinGinny (who seemed impressed with my dispatching undead and a few other threats) that I was more of a scholar than a fighter.

Teaching lessons in all for of my professions from newcomers to nobles.

Carlotta's lesson - I felt like the devil sitting on her shoulder a la Animal House.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Trisana
  • Thank Yous: 34
04 Dec 2012 00:10 #25 by Trisana (Trisana)
Replied by Trisana (Trisana) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Oh, god, this month.

-Getting to play my first dark clergy. Not the strongest cleric in the closet, but still lots of fun. >D
-"ALL of the bugs"; the only reply we got was blank or frustrated stares. ("have fun cleaning up the mounds of dead insects!") Also all the people who got all flustered and mad at me when they learned I was one of those jerks.
-Playing an Agauran master assassin for an hour and a half overtime and getting to oog explain "You see five Agauran statues sitting around a corpse that's missing its eyelids, a number of digits, with a broken right arm, has a box shape protruding from its belly, and the right leg is bending backwards." I liked when people just backed back out of the room. Hooray Dread Surgery! :D
-Taught my first two lessons, and ironically the two most important druidics there are. Teehee.
-Leaving the Monastery to find Travance marching towards the maze. First thing I see is Caelvan's shield; fall in step and ask where we're going like I wasn't just up to shenanigans. Pfff.
-Second most beautiful sight of my life; main mod. Second only to fire mod from week in the life as viewed from the base of the hill.
-Being next to the baroness when a bubble enclosed her; panicking. Then her cool head as she just smiles at me and says "Well at least I'm safe within this, right?"
-Drunk shenanigans with Elric! Mwahahaha. Satyr wine strikes again. Starring Chris Goley as the infamous cannoli phantom. Also confusing salespeople away.
-Learned shield of nature by having Boryev shoot fireballs at me, but not before he cursed Elric with itchy feet.

December event equals best at weekend. Gratuitous compliments to all who made it happen!

Dame Trisana Moss
The Claw of Kaladonia
Viceroy of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Seahawk
[hr]
OOG:
Jen C.
Marshal, Card Staff
04 Dec 2012 00:14 - 04 Dec 2012 00:17 #26 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
I can't remember the last time I had so much fun at a Knight Realms event. Some of my highlights include:

Thursday through Friday afternoon:
- Arriving early, hanging out in the VIP suite, and helping set up the camp.
- Around this time, Malyc Weavewarden opened a portal and took almost all of our best fighters into space.

Friday night, NPC shift:
- Playing a corrupted nature's herald and watching Steve work his magic by tricking druids into giving him their essence.
- Finally bringing the werewolf mod to a conclusion. I was very pleased with the way it turned out.

Friday, PC:
- Went straight to sleep. Somewhere through the fog that had settled over my mind, I managed to call Nocturne of Undisturbed Dreams on the poison bugs.

Saturday:
- Alicia's delicious cookies. Please, I beg you, bring gingerbread to each and every game.
- The ritual hunt mod was way more intense than expected. Zipeto, Jen, nicely done.
- Running to the Bloody Stump to save the day, only to find out that it was all a trap.
- Going to the Wytchwood was horrible. I never want to go there again.
- Bard plot. I'm not jealous of Croi at all. I swear.
- Delicious feast.
- Willpower lesson with Carlotta. I was very impressed, both with her and with Edwin.
- Singing at feast was a lot of fun. It's been a while for me.
- Finally encountering Umbre Viata. That was terrifying.
- Marshaling my first sorcery ritual. It didn't explode!
- Running off to save Jericho and Alicia... and instead being added to the kidnapper's pool of hostages.
- Drunken Keavy + Caelvan with no mental defenses + gypsy with Lyric of Suggestion = FUN.
- And just as I was about to go to sleep... MORTAL HUNTERS!

Sunday:
-Sadly, I woke up too late to talk to the Baroness, but the high point of my day may have been, while waiting separate from the rest of the group to talk to her, Cinder asking me: "Tobar, are you alright? You're brooding and quiet... like me."
-Last minute Bard lessons. Last minute Swashbuckling lessons. Last minute First Aid lessons. Last minute Enchantment lessons. Hooray!

The biggest highlight of my event was, of course, Main Mod part 2. The effect this mod had on me cannot be briefly described without violating the forum's language policy. I was utterly and absolutely blown away by every detail of the mod, from the fire to James's appearance to the NPCs walking around throwing skills at us. I spent the rest of the night shaking in a mix of awe and terror. I cannot compliment the staff enough for this mod. Absolutely amazing!

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
Last edit: 04 Dec 2012 00:17 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
04 Dec 2012 05:49 #27 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
First thing's first: this event had a lot of awesome music in it! Even now, I find myself humming some of the things I learned and heard, and every time I hear the music that played during main mod... oof, that feeling of adrenaline mixed with awe and the slightest twinge of fear always kicks in. SUCH an amazing event!
As for some of the highlights that happened over the event....

Friday:
- Helped out with the New Player mod, NPCing as an Agaurran Torturer. Got to dish out a lot of pain, and getting hit for "1 Snowball" by a certain elf...
- Entered as my PC soon after, coming in with Warterran, which has been a driving goal of Sindarion ever since hearing about them at his first event!
- Having fun RPing with radioactive green hair.
- Lots of RP while tending the fire in the inn over the course of the event. Lots of it.

Saturday:
- Actually singing for the Feast! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy when I heard other people saying that they hadn't done anything sing-y in a while, because I hadn't either! It was nice to be a bass again.
- Brazenite mass in the inn!
- Main Mod! Light is always a spell I like to have for RP reasons... Now I find myself wishing that I get it every event.
- MAIN MOD, PART II. As soon as I heard the music, I chuckled to myself, thinking that it was a pretty cool touch, although a bit cheesy... And then I saw James as Xualla, heard the screams that sounded like they were coming from EVERYWHERE, and then everything was absolute chaos. All sense of cheesiness vanished in an instant, replaced with an image that won't soon be forgotten, both IG and OOG. To the people who put this together... masterfully done.
- MORTAL HUNTERS. As undead were attacking, I caught a glimpse of two normal-looking people out of the corner of my eye and heard one of them say, "You take that one, I'll take this one?" and thought nothing of it... until 20 BANE 20 BANE 20 BANE. I can go on about everything that happened with this... Running around and healing people who were downed as well as running for my life... Finding out that Augustus was dead... going upstairs to hide, then getting pushed into a room by Croinamara only to hear heavy footsteps trudging up the stairs (utterly terrifying, by the way)... Roleplaying being on the edge of a wild surge for almost the entire fight... and then finding out that Annora also died. Five seconds later, surged with the loudest shout I think I've ever made in my life.
- After the carnage was over, had the chance to go to sleep... but what fun is that? Held vigil for roughly two hours over the bodies of Annora and Augustus, Warterran in hand, until they were reanimated. During parts of this, tears were literally streaming down my face. Had amazing moments of role play with other players.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
04 Dec 2012 20:30 #28 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Great event, so many highlights… where to even begin…

~ Being so busy running around healing that my friends all thought I was ignoring them
~ People who cared about Angeliana talking to her about her shock and depression caused by the prologue dream
~ Galen giving Angeliana his journal, reading it all night/morning only to feel like I looked into a mirror; not finding any answers but perhaps finding some hope for my own future knowing who Galen is now
~ Healing the same person repeatedly only to be told, while re-growing his arm that he hated me. It affected her so much more than you will ever know Waylen(sp?)
~ Gwynedd's never ending love, support and faith in Angeliana and her heart. Love you so much, thank you!
~ Winterdark fire hurricane, chats, massages, food, sleep? What's that?

~ Wake up Kobold mod... being obliterated by a terrifying Cinder, brutal Orias and slippery Victor, then Baroness's face after the massacre... <3 Jen
~ Playing a pissed off druid/dryad, being comforted by Kleiden, you understood us!
~ Logistics massages, then finding another one of my kind! Ohai Chris Z, thank you!
~ Caviar! Amizar... bless your soul. I was smiling like a kid who got candy. Exquisite lunch. ;)
~ Having avoided Orias for months, getting stuck in a situation where I couldn't. Being terrified first, then deciding to find out for myself who he is and showing him love and kindness without judging him. The EPIC turmoil it caused with almost every single person who cares about Angeliana and their attempts to take me away or change my mind. Amazing RP by uncle Rudolf while scolding her, I almost cried.
~ Lessons with Galen, always a highlight! Not wanting to let go when their souls were connected. Struggling with true distant heal.
~ Teach lesson by Gideon, enlightening and fun. Thanks for understanding her connection to you and for being full of awesome.
~ Head table... what? It did allow me to comfort Kwildar though when he dropped his fork at the mention of cookies. <hug>

~ Changing someone's mind about deserving love and being called best Andorran ever? Not a priestess but thank you all the same.
~ Jed and Gregor... again? really? Luckily I had been given the relic of peace earlier that night, huge honor, I'm humbled.
~ More massages... until my hands almost fell off hehe, I lost the strength to argue against payment for the last one. Appreciated.
~ More healing, lots more, ran out of points for the first time... What? I have a good amount.
~ Seeing James as Xualla and Kyle showing me photos of main mod since Angeliana is a wuss and didn't go. Legendary.
~ Jonas Kane's towel turban, the scent of... heaven, late night/early morning chat with him and Dr. Maxwell, mediocre cheese! :P
~ Meeting Arthur... That's it, I can now die happily of the cuteness.

Thank you all for a fantastic weekend, can't wait for next time! :cheer:

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Thank Yous: 56
04 Dec 2012 22:25 #29 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
First of all, Thanks to James and Steve for this amazing event. It was seriously my favorite event, and I have never been this happy to be this exhausted. Thank you. Now, onto the Highlights... ROLL THE TAPE!

FRIDAY:

Finding four people from back home decided to surprise me by showing up to an event without telling me. Well, if that's not starting off the even on an up note, I don't know what is.

New costume!

Asking around for Lethias, Moirya, and Sir Magnus, only to be told that they were not in the proper. Then looking for someone who Augustus knew that would be able to teach him how to be a Witch Hunter

Opening up the Witch Hunter list from Master Haroldson, and the RP that ensued because of it.

Looking for an Electrum sword, and asking for Lord Aleister, only to be told he was ALSO not in the proper at the moment, and being told to go to The lovely Ms. Tellinghast. I was the one who said "Do you know where I can get some electrum? I was told to ask the Lord of Drega'mire..."

Getting handed an Electrum sword, and having Gideon reforge it to make it Superior and Exalted.

Walking to the Mage's Guild with Domenick, and getting hit with a Dominate. "Luck: Willpower, Invoke Flee!" Running through the woord toward Kaladonia screaming, getting hit for a 10 backstab, and dropping.

Lying unconscious over an NPC's shoulder as Jack Cypher and Quan Liu try to understand why they were trying to pass Augustus off as a common bandit.

SATURDAY MORNING:

Sleeping in the Mage's Guild, because technically, Augustus DID have an outstanding invitation to join, albeit under false pretenses.

Waking up to the sound of buzzing, and "1 Poison body" Freaking bees...

Realizing I'm in a room full of High Elf Mages, while poisoned.

Being carried to Allisandria to be cured, and coming back after about 4 minutes into Crit. (That was close, and I thought that was the closest I'd come to death this event. NOPE!)

Getting attacked by bees AGAIN on my way back to the Mage's Guild. (After so many times being poisoned and surviving, Augustus has developed an immunity to certain poisons. Self Teach: Ignore Poison. GO COAST HAVEN!)

Getting told by the Guildmaster upon my return to "Cover yourself up, you're offending milady."

Waking up to the sound of something attacking, but they couldn't get in, so I went back to sleep.

Waking up again with Wormwood in the room, describing how terrible I looked from the beestings. Then getting the crap scared out of me when he turned to me, kicked my mattress and asked, "Just how much is your life worth to you?"

Gambling, and finally using Bankroll. It feels so good to pay people out, and still make money.

Getting hit by shocker lizards, and getting a Meteoric Ice dagger as my reward.

Being asked by the Baroness if I was looking to join the Guard based on my clothing.

FEAST:

Feast was delicious.

A little bit of tail never did us any harm.

Wormwood claiming Croi and Augustus were his "ladies in waiting" Augustus said, "I'm not sure I'd make a good lady in waiting." Croi said, "If yer waiting for a lady, you'll be waiting for a long time." Augustus blushed uncontrolably, went into a fit of nervous tics, and played with the food on his plate.

MAIN MOD:

Augustus's first Main Mod since April.

Having all of my weapons except my mythril dagger shattered by Maligno.

Getting my steel sword mended so I could defend myself.

Taking 0.4 body per second when the vashta nerada attacked.

Main Mod Part Deux:

So boss. The fire, and music, and everything was fantastic.

Seeing James' cloak get whipped up by the pure heat of the flame.

Being ordered to retreat, then seeing Reese get pulled into the fire, and running back for him. Three Times.

Repaying Quan Liu for saving Augustus' life the night before.

Post Main Mod:

Teaching Sindarion.

Learning Lore: Vampire from Seamus.

Halfway through putting my card away, getting attacked by Mortal Hunters.

Getting hit with a Dissapate Life while watching Seamus' back as he dueled the Anti-Von Ritter.

3 different Healing Salves used on Augustus: No Effect. Na'ar coming up to Augustus, "First Aid: Assess" "Dead" "Wait, dead dead?" "Dead Dead."

Being laid down on the couch in the inn, with Annora on the other.

Sindarion sitting vigil with Warterran.

Lucas asking, "There may be a chance we can only reanimate one of-" "Her."

1 hour and 53 minutes later... "Okay, quick question, is there any way I'm getting reanimated?" "Only if Teir gets here in the next 10 minutes." "I resigned myself to taking a walk about an hour ago." Teir walks in, "Where is he?"

As my reanimation is nearing completion, someone tells Teir his brother died. He gets up, and leaves Augustus cut open. Doctor Maxwell saying "If he's away for too long, the reanimation will fail, and we won't be able to save him!" Sindarion and Seamus dragging Teir back to finish what he started. Calming him down, then slamming on my chest: "REANIMATE!"

The RP that followed, vomiting, coughing, and just generally feeling like crap.

Getting my insanity.

Going back to the Mage's Guild, and Augustus just passing out.

NPC:

Being beaten by my wife, then becoming George McFly and going up to Quan Liu, "Hey you, get your d*** hands off of her." Sucker punch!

All in All, this was my favorite event so far, and I want to thank everyone who came out for making it so interesting and intense for both me and my character.

What a way to be welcomed back to Travance.

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Alex (Wormwood), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
05 Dec 2012 01:05 #30 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Friday night:
LM shift
The hilarity that was finding new combinations for the corrupted template.
the joys of rolling up diseases. not as fun as insanities though.

Going in game:
Elric suffering from stage fright again, and getting hit with intensify by a certain mischievous psion.
Testing to see if the bottles of satyr's wine were poisoned by doing the only thing he could do at the time. Drinking them.
Using Sal as a fly swatter once again to kill the vermin swarms who couldn't even get through his armour.

Elric trying his hardest to figure out what is going on with the Wytchwood, and only getting confused, along with his armour getting hungry.

Saturday.
Jonas Kane wake up call... Why was he digging through my things?
Kobolds trying to move into the Kaledonia statehouse, and Elric asking Almat if she could just lock all of the doors because he was still trying to sleep.
Working at the forge; All of the Doctor Who references.
Going hunting with the Sylvan elves, and Seeing the Drow child.
"The child is Drow."
"And?"
"The mother is Sylvan."
"And? I've seen stranger things happen, believe me; I am from Coast Haven"
Missing out on multiple mods, then getting dragged along by a group of newer townspeople.
Thinking to myself "well I'll just sit back and heal if they get hurt... wait a second, that guy over there just used a dark prayer on a townsperson... He's dead." and killing the NPC Aguarran priest... oops...
Main mod was freaking awesome... first off; Geoff, I felt like a badass in that cloak, second; the weather was PERFECT, third; James, That entire scene was amazing.
Elric heading back to the inn, and getting completely trashed with Triss.
People finding out just how much Elric cares about attempts to poison him. Which is not at all.
Drunken conversation with a Mortal Hunter without even realizing that he was a Mortal Hunter. >.> Elric really was trashed...
Falling asleep in Kaledonia, and sleeping through the entire mortal hunter fight... even the part where someone burst into the statehouse and shook me violently.
Sunday;
Another Jonas Kane wake up mod!
Getting hexed by the gypsy who tried to wake me up the night before.
Improvised weapon shenanigans.
Elric freaking out when he found out that a bunch of friends died the night before, and believe me, he is really feeling bad about himself now.

I cannot wait to see all of you people during the banquet, and the rest of you at the January event!
Also: ERMERGERD! PURPLE DERGIN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 1.071 seconds