Dec 2012 Highlights

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
05 Dec 2012 11:00 - 05 Dec 2012 11:03 #31 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
OK, I don't often post here myself because i'm far more interested in hearing about how much fun you guys had!

Thanks to Steve for running a great weekend plot!

Thank you to everyone who helped make the ending scene of main mod what it was! Gene, Cappy, Louis, and Mike Smith helped me do a smaller test run the night before. They were also a great help with coming up with some details and running the encounter. Emily A. did my make up and hair, and she did a FANTASTIC job! I could not have been more pleased! Also I stole/borrowed random pieces of costuming from Joe B, Garrett, Chris L., Scott C. and Steve O, and we just threw that costume together at literally the last hour. I am amazed at how things just work out. I was also thrilled to have Kyle come out to capture some great images of it all!

The music was in fact "Liberi Fatali" for the first three minutes, then it shifted to a constant repeat of "Caught in a Lie" from the epic action and adventure vol. 3.

In the beginning of last week the idea of doing something big with fire popped into my head, and after testing out these new special effects theories all week long I could not be happier with the end result, especially the intense heat wind, that I was not expecting! All in all it took two hundred dollars to create that special effect for 15 minutes of run time. Now that i've done the trial and error, I can probably repeat something similar for one hundred. It was and always is worth EVERY penny to give you guys a memorable encounter to enjoy!

As always I had a blast role-playing with everyone I come across during the event and I interacted with allot of people, cause this was our largest Dec event yet!

To all the new players over the last few months, you are AWSOME! Seriously, I could not be more please to have you guys join us; Ive been impressed by your role-play, costuming, eagerness to dive right into the fray, and just about everything else.

I also had allot of fun, writing and posting the "Prologue" and the "Epilogue"!

Thanks for coming out to the events and enjoying yourselves! Your excited participation is what makes the magic happen!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 05 Dec 2012 11:03 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Matt D (MattD), geezer (geezer), Casandra (Casandra), Quin (Quin), Raxas (Raxas Lonestar), Pappy (Quan), Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar), Chris G. (Cross), Nicoletta (fyperia), Josephine (mferro54), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Caelvan (Caelvan), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Trisana (Trisana), Maralas (adamdrew3), Uhtred (Erich Lutz), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
05 Dec 2012 22:03 #32 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Highlights: All of it.
Ok, I'll be more specific.

This was the craziest, most taxing event in my history of LARPing. And I loved every minute of it.

Friday: As Travance turns, complete with foreshadowing that would have been cheesey had it been planened. that it was organic made it amazing.
Saturday:
Seeing Cinder stomp down the stairs like a bull after being woken up by the morning crew while I had a sanctuary up onthe building--and realizing I was more afraid of what I had trapped in there than what was outside the walls. . . dropping that barrier as fast as I POSSIBLY could, what-could-come-inside-be-damned. Not more than 3 minutes pass and a knock on the door. . .Cinder pushes past me, I go outside and see about 10 NPCs on the ground around and all I can do is stand there and say 'oh gods' with my hand over my mouth, over and over. Watching the NPCs crack up when they see my face.
Best first dilemma for a sylvan baroness EVER. My first declaration as Baroness ending with 'shall suffer my wrath' I was in the moment, OK? Conversations without words.
Oh my god the gifts. There are no words to express the gratitude and awe at the taste and talent and generosity.

Coldest Conversation Ever in the Inn. You know who you are.You're gonna keep me on my toes for sure. Dear god I hope that venom was all IG. . .

Bards working together before and during feast, and hearing the 'yule' song my RL brother taught me as a kid sung by the lovliest choir in Travance.

WAR COUNCIL-Stubborn Paladins. The look on Cassandras face when--and how--I changed the plan. Testing knights and squires. Oh, is THAT what they thought I was testing. Maybe I wasn't clear. . .
My first retreat. Equally awesome wordless conversations.

Being completely driven to get up after less than half an hours actual sleep by the name invoked. Issuing my first Solomons choice cause i was too damn tired to deal with the situation. Having it turn into actual discourse and resolution.

People not listening to me telling them they could wake me up at 10 and actually getting some sleep. Lessons borne of sentiment, and hope for the future.

Absurd amounds of intense and awesome RP all around.

Looking forward to the next event and all the stress it will carry with it. BRING IT ON.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Maralas (adamdrew3)
  • Maxwell
  • Thank Yous: 8
05 Dec 2012 22:24 - 05 Dec 2012 22:24 #33 by Maxwell (Maxwell)
Replied by Maxwell (Maxwell) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights

Augustus wrote: Post Main Mod:
Doctor Maxwell saying "If he's away for too long, the reanimation will fail, and we won't be able to save him!"

That wasn't me that said that Justin,
I only mentioned the waste of a dead body.

Sir Dr. Simon Maxwell
Knight of Kormyre
High Surgeon of Travance

--
OOG:
Benjamin
Last edit: 05 Dec 2012 22:24 by Maxwell (Maxwell).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice)
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
06 Dec 2012 01:41 #34 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
For me, there was nothing about this event that was half-assed. Everything was either all-in or not at all.

First off, the Smithing Frenzy! Edmond, Henry, and Bran, you guys were great to work with. When we talk about banging out a bunch of work at once, well, now we know what that really means. Add on the wonderful gift for Kwildar... I swear, the things you think of when drunk.

Aguaran Cult... Cinder and Ori being forced to cooperate... and Ori knowing that he was the very definition of a liability. Then, when it really counted, drawing the most clutch boom packet I've ever had. Even if it only worked on half the available targets (Divine Resist, dammit.), it was plain perfect. A+ RP from Karen and the Torturer (KaT, I think that's you.), as well as all the others. Let this be a lesson: when you corner a Wild Mage for a torture session, don't crowd the patient! After the reanimation, courtesy of Maxwell, panicked flight resulting in about an hour and a half of red-headband shenanigans. When you see a scarf with a lump of earth nearby... what do you do? In Travance, you apparently gather around and stare at it hoping something happens.

Feast was great, as was druid lesson. Then, NPC was a lot of fun. I got a couple of you into the spirit of bargaining... even if none of you will ever call the skill, I'mna bring negotiating back to this economy!

After NPC, things were pretty chill... until kidnapping happened. Cue the bouncing healer! Climb, Jump, and Bear's Strength... all of the things I ended up doing to help save Tobar and our two new players.

And then... Mortal Hunters. I think each of you scared me in different ways. Alex was the crazy, all-out destructive rending scary. Goley had the "I'm going to kill you, but it's so inevitable, I can afford to take my time with it." Marcella, though, was more of the "This isn't fun. Make me earn your deaths and find me more things to kill!" Very close to a death there, too.

Of course, this was followed directly by the aforementioned Focus walks. No spoilers, but those were the two hardest I've ever had to do. Orion and Keavy, wonderful work. Also, a tip of the hat to Billiam... I've got something I've wanted to do for ages 'cause of that.

Then, chaos in the morning. Woops.

See you all in a month!

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen)
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
06 Dec 2012 04:36 #35 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Yep, that was me. Glad you got better *smirk*

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze)
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
06 Dec 2012 10:06 #36 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Ah, sorry about that. It was a pretty chaotic point in time, and well, Justin was freaking out, because Augustus was lying there, dead, with his chest cut open, and organs hanging out.

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
07 Dec 2012 08:24 #37 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Re: Dec 2012 Highlights
Highlight: Jonas Kane snorting brownie crumbs off the inn table on Sunday morning.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Josephine (mferro54), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
16 Dec 2012 20:52 #38 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
Friday:
Engaging in several good conversations. Osred makes good on his promise, but I expected that he would.
Headed to the mage’s guild and realizing that we were packed.
Visited by swarms of insects and saw that one of my guests was near death.
Running said guest to a nearby location. We didn’t have to run out after delivery; that was done for us free of charge.

Saturday:
Had a great shift in Logistics with Emily and Matt and a bunch of great NPCs.
Attending the Baroness’ reception. What great thought went into the gifts presented to Her Excellency. Who would have expected caviar to have a place at KR. The Baroness was so very kind to give some to any who passed by.
Guild meeting and again more good food. I think we get more each month as word spreads that good is provided.
Getting a place close to the Baroness for feast and entertaining someone with some illusionary script.
Food was great and so was the entertainment.
Getting invited to the big meeting. What an honor.
Preparing a favorite apprentice for main mod as one must learn to fight in large scale engagements. Some reassurance and off we go.
What a main mod. Just when I thought I’ve seen it all…I am constantly amazed at what KR can come up with.
New scholar!
Bedtime at the Guild. Knock on the door and away we go toward the inn, getting reinforcements as we go.
Cleaning up what was left of the mortal hunters.
Back to the Guild for a few hours of sleep and greeted on the road by a favorite apprentice, who risked much by venturing out in the darkness. Bad mage!

Sunday:
Teaching warrior skills!
Being asked to help with an awesome master warrior lesson. Thanks!
I always enjoy human watching. They do the funniest things. Even the married ones. Thanks for the entertainment. Quan Liu is now Travance’s marriage counselor. Great job by Justin and Raquel. You were able to entertain a bunch that morning.
Gideon’s first sorcery ritual! Rolled an 01. Epic success.
Casted my own special-ordered ritual. Cypher assisted with said ritual and suffered the consequences. Sorry about that. There’s always next month.

See all of you at the banquet.

Norm B

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
17 Dec 2012 04:09 #39 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Dec 2012 Highlights
<<The Baroness was so very kind to give some to any who passed by.>>

Not quite any. :lol:

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.588 seconds