Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event

• Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Calm in mind, gentle in heart, illuminate the spirit
  • Thank Yous: 29
10 Mar 2013 16:08 #1 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event was created by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Well I thought I would kick off the highlights this month.

First I would like to say thank you to everyone for their very warm welcome back. February was a long and difficult month for me and being back among such wonderful persons as I have come to know and respect at KR has done well for my continued recovery.

My stay at game this month albeit a short one was full of activity as extraordinary RP. My time with the future of the Paladin order was one of great philosophical debate, I so look forward to sitting with you all each and every month and speaking and teaching you all. I find in kind I learn more about the nature of being a Paladin and the Nature of my own characters development.

The most excellent Ceremony of the Light conducted by Brother Cooper. A sheer delight, truly one of the best I have ever attended in my time at KR, keep up the good works and let Saturday be just the start keep doing what you are doing. In this as well, my subsequent talk with the Clergy afterwards, very productive and rewarding, and if I dare say a strong wake up call. Quinn, you truly shined and your words are an inspiration to us all.

Finally, to all the new players that I have seen at KR in so many months. Though my own attendance has not been as regular as I would have liked in the past few months, I can honestly say that you all are among the finest that I have seen. Your level of RP, costuming and desire to be part of the community is second to none. My only regret is that I did not have enough time or steam to get to meet more of you. In the coming months I look forward to making more and more of your acquaintances.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), Angeliana (Angeliana), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank Yous: 0
10 Mar 2013 20:27 - 10 Mar 2013 20:34 #2 by
I'm going to write this all now, while it is still fresh in my mind. This was my second event and it was spectacular!!!

It started off with the gypsy women taking over the porch. That was a wonderful beginning, full of laughter, jingling coin belts, and Romanian accents. God help you if your name was mentioned, because we did not have filters.

Wow do gypsies gossip quickly!

"Finding" gems and shiny things with Ya-ya.

My next favorite part was the two NPC players I did. The weeping, emotionally unstable, quite volatile phantasm was so. much. fun. Sweet Mary is one of my new favorites ever. Thank you setting that up for me, Zach! Then there were the wolf pack. We made friends, guys! It was kinda cool that they howled back!

Next, Duck Duck Waylay is my new favorite game.
The Syrio Forel-esque one-handed lesson with Tobar was also quite entertaining.

On another note, going on a main mod with healing salves to planning to help the healers back up be they felled was not as necessary as I expected. But as I keep working on her, she'll be able to hold her own in a fight a bit better. Sooooooooon :P

Zellara is just so much fun to play. Thank you all so much for making KR what it is!
Last edit: 10 Mar 2013 20:34 by .
  • Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
10 Mar 2013 21:21 - 10 Mar 2013 21:22 #3 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Talk about an event. I'd like to thank the creativity of the storytellers for that ending, way to go!

Friday night, being underfoot was fun and some of the conversing was interesting.

Hearing rumors in game that there were people who were looking for "silver bows" as an archery group(knowing full well who they were) and laughing and joking in Game about the absurdity.

Sending out 2 mods Friday night that included playing a necromancer and eventually attacking the Mage's guild as backlash to my mod and blinking greater undead through the windows at 4am, yes that's where i sleep, yes i got a few evil looks, yes i LOVED IT ALL, my only regret is not landing a Necromantic terror.

Waking up and having Niel tell me i have siblings, awesome RP WTF moment, thanks to my buds Jeff and Matt coming in as my family and expanding the Silverbows, awesome RP.

Also Duck Duck Waylay.

Tomb mod and ALL of the TRAPS!!! so glad i had trap kits and true sights, being the ONLY one to see them made me feel so useful :)

Also tomb mod, oh wait, hoard of imps/ fire elementals? hello Tsunami ring :D

NPCing crazy mage for New player mod was so crazy fun oh my god. All of the non-lethal spells you can think of and much writing on people.

Also Macaroni

Also Also Frying Fish

Feast was delicious but wow was i wiped out from the night passed out very early.

Sunday main mod was awesome, was useful in combat and protecting others minds. T'soli has come into his own for actually being in a fight with the town and i look forward to doing it more frequently.

Thanks all and see you soon!!!

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
Last edit: 10 Mar 2013 21:22 by Tsoli (Tsoli).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze), Annora (Karen), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
10 Mar 2013 21:49 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Where to begin...
  • Proposing to Kleidin, IG. The look on her face was priceless. Watching the realization dawn on various people watching us what was going on (as I knelt next to her as she picked the lock on the box) was even better.
  • Knighted! I wasn't expecting this in the least... It's truly an honor, and a high point of my 13 year KR career.
  • The next morning, hearing sounds of combat, and about to brush them off and go get coffee... until the realization hits me that I am now a Knight, and can't do that any more.
  • Chaos Warrior: "Hey, pointy ears! Overcompensating?" Gideon: *WHAM* "It matches my ego."
  • Rudolph: "What kind of Alchemy do you need me to make?" Gideon & Aleister: "An Alchemical Adhesive, with a Refreshment potion mixed in?" Rudolph: "I call this, my EXAULTED Adhesive!"
  • Rudolph: "The adhesive is done." (Passes item card to Steve.) (Steve shuffles his hands, passes me a tube of Crazy Glue.) (We use said glue to glue the Seal physrep back together.)
  • Seeing the Wok and Knife Sharpener I bought for the kitchen being put to good use. :-)
  • Joe / Valentine's Card Wallets - an absolute hit!
  • The beginning of Scholar Lessons with Ms. Silverbow.
  • The littlest Blacksmith & Assistant.
  • Hearing stories about Guildmaster Silverbow from his sister. Seeing them play out subtly during the Guild Meeting. Well played, Norm - I'd never picked up on them before.
About the only regrets I had were not enough time to do Smithing, and not enough energy to play Carlos. April, I will hopefully be able to do both.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
10 Mar 2013 21:54 - 10 Mar 2013 22:07 #5 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
This event was quite amazing and left Ardin many things to think about.

Friday Night:
Birthday party in Kaledonia. Had Billiam's delicious creation.
Hearing the finer points of civil service. Amazing stuff.
Getting some interesting news from Gideon.
Early wedding present of some produce, which I shared with others.
Mirwen/Aquene vs Ardin. He didn't stand a chance.
Lack of window coverings almost got the Guild wiped out.

Saturday:
Kenneth was out and about visiting with many friends, but missed others he wants to speak with.
Mage's Guild meeting. New members but still others who have yet to show.
Sorcery experiment has serious implications for the future. Bards for the win! It's great to make a good decision once in a while.
Fighting on a ship. Better watch your step. Alisandria was excited to participate, but one reason was a bit concerning.
Meeting yet more Silverbows! We are the Quinarian version of the Tellinghasts.
Tari is related to Ardin on a "supernatural" level.
Sibling meeting >Baroness request for audience.
Pepper steak dinner was awesome. Kudos to Damian.
Much fun cleaning up with Christine, Sean, Nicolas, Bill, Dan and Harlee.
Tommy losing a tooth=gold
New Knights!
Scrying success leads to unexpected mission Ardin helps to organize.
Ardin.
Getting to try on a pirate hat and have some fun with players I don't know as well as I would like.
Quiet slumber. Hey, I didn't hear anything.

Sunday:
Main mod Sunday. I could get used to this.
Learning advanced techniques from Billiam. I think he actually referred to Ardin as his "friend."
More bard singing at Mirwen's expense as we waited for the portal to open.
Expert handling of NPCs by the marshals.
The NPCs performed at a high level. Lots of falling in the mud. The energy exhibited shown was very impressive.
So many new players! Welcome!
Congrats to Mike Smith and his weekenders for an action packed weekend.

Best Compliment: "I really love hating you."
I smell another Guildie!!

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
Last edit: 10 Mar 2013 22:07 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Ming Ru
  • Thank Yous: 2
10 Mar 2013 22:22 #6 by Ming Ru (atkins66)
Replied by Ming Ru (atkins66) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Highlights include:
Helping Augustus teach Waylay with our newest training game "Duck, Duck, Waylay!"

Going on Inverted Tower Mod, getting frustrated at having my quill stolen, being waylay-ed, encased in ice, and subsequently looted of everything I own including Orion's pants, and then getting it all back from Kevin Downing's (Orion) NPC.

"Congratulations, Guildmaster! Your hands are now moist." -Augustus
Going out for Main Mod 1 as a Chaos Warrior and screaming my heart out with Despairs, Fears, and Cleaves.
Going out after that as a phantasmal wolf, trapping Rowan in the Mages' Guild, and making friends with the local coyote pack.

Apprenticing myself to Kamei to learn more physician things.

Good times were had.

Ming Ru (Michael Atkinson)
Physician-In-Training (Human Student)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsoli (Tsoli), Augustus (OEBlaze)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
10 Mar 2013 22:25 #7 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Wow, where to start?

First, a little bit of background. My character was having a little bit of a crisis of faith because he had been slamming against the Xualla wall since December with not that much progress.

Friday

Getting about 99% of what happened in regards to main plot this weekend and explaining to people several times what is going on. This is an awesome big plot line that is like some huge conspiracy theory.

The conspiracy board. I hope someone got a picture of it.

Having James hand me the quill of Klarington Everest that we used to go to Klarington to get the plot started.

Making a very hard decision that hopefully will work out ok.

Saturday

Doing a really good divination with Charlie where I learned who caused Jonathan Travance's poisoning and how we should find out how to cure it. Now to find out if I can carry that knowledge into the alt event.

Doing my first Mass. The player was fairly nervous and the character was ridiculously nervous but I think it worked out well. I sense that getting priest might happen.

All of the Town Guard stuff. Going on the first patrol where we checked in with each land. I think that's a tradition we'll have to continue.

Using my copy of the prologue to jog people's memory and suggest that we should try to scry to find the Mardux boy which resulted in Surprise Mod!

Sunday

Getting my attempt to stop Mardux from turning Jonathan Travance into extra chunky tomato sauce abruptly stopped by Lord Tartaros. That will result in some interesting roleplay, especially as the player only has an "ehh" idea of what happened but the character has 0 idea.

Being able to make it physically and mentally until it was time to leave. It was a good event but somewhat of a rough one.

I look forward to the alt event a great deal and to seeing all of my dear friends again.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • Alicia D.
  • Thank Yous: 48
10 Mar 2013 23:23 #8 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
HOLY MOTHER OF VALOS! THIS GAME WAS AMAZING! :woohoo:

I can't even begin to explain my happiness and enjoyment from this event! BUT I SHALL TRY:

Since I arrived really early for once I got to hang with some very awesome people before game!
I PROMISE ALEX THIS IS MY LAST ONE OK?! *has 4 more* shhh....
Dani,someday...I will RULE the internet! Soooooonnnnn...

Friday night NPC:

Once again I took first shift, which was SO fantastic and not nearly as cold! I loved waiting around that candle as a zombie, your really awesome Kevin! The icing on the cake was when Magnus went up to the candle and just blew it out:
"Did that work?"
"yep"
"THAT'S IT!? WE ONLY HAVE TO BLOW OUT THE CANDLE!?" -oh man that was so hysterical!!

Then getting blown up? Very fun! Could you hear my screams from logistics? ...I believe so. HAHA "HELP ME THERE'S SOMETHING ON MY BACK!!!!"*turns over* BOOM! THE LOOK ON EVERYONE'S FACE WAS PRICELESS. Haha

Friday night:

Coming in and seeing everyone was great as always! And hazzah for talks about love and relationships!
Verrill:"Alicia you have to beware of others intentions towards you, not everybody is as nice as they seem."
"well what do I say to ward them off?"
"Simply, tell them you don't like their intentions.'"
'Ah, alright." *Screams at everyone* I DO NOT ENJOY YOUR INTENTIONS! :cheer: Like that?"
"....em. not quite.."

Alicia has now finally learned how to tell people she just wants to be friends! Once again thank you Verrill! "YOU'RE A VERY.GOOD.FRIEND."
I could hardly contain myself when Jericho scolded Verrill saying: "Congratulations you just friend-zoned every male in the Proper."

Saturday:

Market fair was great as usual! Sold nearly all the cookies! More talks about FEELS. Keavy and Alicia bonding time <3

Honestly the best though was getting a HUGE jug of mead slammed down in front of me only to turn and see Wormwood walking out the door! Oh the freaking out that insused...
"Wha!? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS!? I don't drink!!!"
The hobbit next to me (forgive me I forgot your name) "Who's is it?"
"WORMWOOD'S!" D:
"Oh,well then just give me this!" *begins to chug the drink*
'OH NO. DONT DRINK IT ALL!!!! HE'S GONNA GET MAD! AND HE'S SCARY!" Hahahaah oh man..

New player mod: Never finding that piece and killing plants with a frying pan LIKE.A.BOSS. C: Alicia has a good swing guys!

DAT inverted tower mod: SO MUCH FUN. All it takes is manners, fish, and frying pans to get through it all! hahaha Also, so sorry for knocking just about everyone out by opening the chest! ~my bad! teehee. Hazzah for being waylaid about 3 times~!

Feast was delicious as usual!

Main Mod: Was amazingly terrifying and exhilarating! I was chaotically altered, but I'm squishy...and only have a pan. BUT HEY WHATEVER I CAN BE SCARY. RAWR. I loved holding my lantern and standing like the statue of liberty! I AM THE BEAKON FOR ALL!!! haha

And my #1 highlight? Getting drunk for the first time - 4 times!!!

Oh man I think Verrill might have made Alicia an alcoholic! That was incredible RP guys! Thanks for making that whole experience so much fun! Eventhough it ended with Alicia getting dragged out of the bar and a good scolding by Keavy! BUT MAMA KEAVY IS THE BEST! <3

Alicia looks foward to her moderation lessons with Augustus next moon! :) "Oh Augustus your hair is just so fluffy" *beams*

Sunday:

Getting woken up by getting hit with my own frying pan and being told "oh hey, we're about to do a ritual and if you stay here and it fails? Well we all die."
Which led to me being quickly rushed out of the room still in my night cap but hey! Its cool! Haha

2nd main mod: All I need to say is: ASDFGHJL ALT EVENT.

Its always wonderful to see everybody! I had so much fun! And for me, this is the best event thus far! KR IS THE BEST!!
<3 -till next moon!

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Lathiel (Lathiel), Rane (Sammyelf)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
10 Mar 2013 23:30 #9 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Wow this event was tiring, still great seeing everyone again. I can barely remember what happened this month do to all of the amounts of awsome, nothing is in order.

-When the criminals escaped the jail and the initial report was pretty much, all of the death Dominic was going through SOOOOO many religious problems, then we find out that the initial report was greatly exagerated and barely anyone died. Major WOMP WOMP moment.

-feast was good, the food was tasty. The best part was the magnus song. I nearly fell off my chair at the sheer genius of the song.

-Main mod (satudray) was fun, huge war battles like that are always fun.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
10 Mar 2013 23:31 #10 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
It was a good event. Mike & Story Tellers, you out did yourself.

Friday:

"I thought I saw you earlier, But then I looked down and there was snow on the ground" Dr. Maxwell.... Are you trying to tell me I don't show up when its cold??

8 Gypsy Women on the Porch practicing our "Gypsy Death Stare." Sometimes gossiping with the ladies is the best therapy

Yaya, Zellara, Merika & I having a serious discussion with Tobar. Then watching Tobars "Reaction" by the fire and then having our discussion.

Clergy Midnight meeting. Good discussion and the Master Prof lesson that happened after the meeting.

Saturday:

Very good breakfast, Talks with Zellara at the bar.

Marketfair, good times. Paige I love the plushies!

Helping Out in the Kitchen with feast. All I wanted to do was help with dishes, How did I end up cooking? Also all the conversation was fantastic. Damian, you run a good kitchen.

Feast was very good. I was very impressed with my own craftiness.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
10 Mar 2013 23:35 - 10 Mar 2013 23:39 #11 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Before I forget as well...

Friday:
LM shift: So many laughs! Nearly lost my voice because of it!

Arriving in the proper to see Keavy's fiancee has been turned into a Celt. Keavy wasn't too pleased but she got over it eventually.
Having a few moments to catch up with Trisana.
Having another important conversation with Wordwood. Alex, you amaze me with your level of RP skills every time we speak to each other IG.
After said conversation, Keavy was freaked out and wanted nothing but to drink and try to forget what just happened. Trisana hooked her up with some Satyr's Wine and worried the other Kaladonians around. After forcefully sobered, Caelvan and Keavy had a spat about what happened which brought Caelvan to warn Keavy of his new found rage that he didn't want to unleash onto her. Needless to say, this sparked more worry in other people who happened to notice. (Don't worry, they're not in an abusive relationship haha)

Finding it impossible to sleep afterward, Keavy stayed up to tend the fire. (Seriously, I should be paid for how many times I rescue that fire haha)
And then ice creature somethingsomething mod!

As morning surfaced I spent about an hour on the couch asleep..

Saturday!
Food, chats, snowball fights, and raffle!
Helping Bran teach Christopher Brand Lore: Chaos.
Druidic area Shard Plot Mod. Where do I start?
-Being the ONLY Chaos warrior there, feeling the Chaotic Energy in the space calling to Keavy.
-Trying to help by chaotically altering a wolf only to have it slain by Archer..
K: I had it on our side! Why did you kill it!?
A: It had to be killed! They're attacking us!
K: I had it under control! But you threw away my chance! You don't understand what's going on here!
A: I am a druid! I can feel the druidic energy too!
K: What about chaos?! Can you feel chaos?! I didn't think so!
He wasn't too happy with that remark.
-Finding the source of the chaotic energy emanating from a giant gem, the power from it so overwhelming it was hard for Keavy to function, though it did not harm her. While she held onto the gem, others figured we had to get it out of the space. Somehow this made others believe that we had to germinate and restore the barrier we brought the gem to.
-....and when that was doing the opposite of helping, causing the entire space to fall apart, SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS to stop because it was destroying it SOMEHOW did not reach anyone's ears....As Clove put it "Sometimes the loudest voice goes unheard"
-After finding the shard, the space was falling apart and we barely managed to make it out. But m. Crit Fail.
-Returning to the waterfront, ALL MY CRIES. I had Keavy cry for a good 30 minutes with Kleidin to console her. Great RP, Diane!!

All of the exhaustion!!

Getting my second Master Warrior lesson (Finally!) from Billiam!
Feast! Having a nice RP moment with Orion about what it is involved being a Chaos Warrior.

Main Mod part 1:
All the chaos warriors! And for once not becoming altered because of defenses! Although I did get a kick out of being attacked by an altered Wormwood twice.

Afterword (at least, if I remember correctly..), Momma Keavy is now a thing when it comes to Alicia, though she still needs work at it haha
Needing to find the Baroness when two guests wish to speak with her, ending up going on a hike with Jade, Wormwood, And (mostly with) Angelica, which turned unnecessary as the Baroness already made it back to the Inn by the time we got back. x_X

Memory is fuzzy..

Sunday aka Main Mod part 2:
I kind of like the idea of another half of main mod on Sunday and personally don't mind a MM during the daylight haha. More chaos warriors!! Then finding Jonathan Travance's grave and the precursor to the Alt event! Great job by all, but especially Mike Smith. I originally planned to skip out on the alt event but now I want to go!!

Fun and amazing weekend. My voice hasn't been this dead(barely a whisper!) for a few months now, which shows it was all the more worth it. :D

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 10 Mar 2013 23:39 by Keavy (Dani).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
10 Mar 2013 23:38 #12 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Oh. Wow. This weekend. Where do I even start?

The weekend started for me by being pulled immediately into research, and walking back from the library directly meeting up with the very people we were researching. Great way to set the tone for how my weekend went.

I'm also feeling like I'm finally really being asked for and trusted with important research. This is a happy thing. And research with Aemorniel--including divine inspiration!--leading into amazing experiences meeting Klarington, being entrusted with the riddles, and really being in the middle of plot. This is the first time I've really been in the middle of main plot, and it was nice being able to be the explainer, rather than the explainee.

The new bar is AMAZING. I love the new drinks system, so much work but so much more social.

I love what's happening with the bards.

I love my family of Kaledonia!

The RP that came with the druid part of the seal collecting....wow, just wow. Dani, I applaud you so hard, Kristen, I want to be part of your mods more often!

All in all, this month was amazing, and I am exhausted now. Too exhausted to put down all of what should be put down above.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
10 Mar 2013 23:40 #13 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
...How did I forgot to mention the awesomeness of Celtvan?

~Charani Yhatzi

kitchen staff
10 Mar 2013 23:45 #14 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Wow I totally forgot to add this:

Rudolf talking to me about Questioning for Wild Mage and thinking "Wow it must be spring, they're actually trying to do questioning.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
11 Mar 2013 00:39 - 11 Mar 2013 00:47 #15 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
I am so happy to hear how many people enjoyed this event!! But to make an event this incredible it takes a village... or maybe a Barony. :-)

First and foremost I would like to thank James! He had mentioned that he wanted the Alt Event to be the founding of Travance, and we decided to make the event before a lead up to the Alt event. With out him, this event literally couldn't have been written.

I also would like to thank the whole storyteller team for going over the details we allowed them to know (Some details we kept even from them so they could enjoy discovering them in the game). An extra special thank you to Steve, Kristen, and Vince for writing and running some of the time-lock mods, and also to Dustin and Matt Magnus for plot marshaling the low level mod in the maze, and Katie M. and Walter for helping with Main Mod Sunday Edition. With out their help this weekend couldn't have been as special and had as much attention to detail as it did.

There is no doubt that one of the things that kept making this weekend interesting was Royce Mardux's old adventuring group. I couldn't have asked for a better main plot NPCs play them than Jon, Aaron, and Doug. Their characters were made to be very organic, and their interaction with the PCs would determine how the plot developed through out the weekend. Not only were they everywhere around town interacting meaningfully with as many people as they could, they were actively engaged in the plot as if they were real people who came into town. I really want to go on bragging about how impressed I am with them, but I keep on hearing myself yelling FOIG as I am typing, forcing myself to erase what I wrote to not ruin the experience.

Many of the Monster Marshals also really stepped up this weekend, incorporating the main plot into their mods, even if it wasn't evident at first. They also had to adjust their mods a little on the fly due to how well the town was doing (I am FOIGing myself again). I really have to thank each of you for your hard work. As much as the storytellers put together the plot of each weekend, so many of the MMs make sure that in addition to the 'main' plot, there are other continuing storylines each month that both characters that seek out continuity (like me) and the casual player that is always ready for adventure can enjoy.

In addition to the all the Officers, and Marshals, I really have to thank each of you for making this plot fun for me! I was told so many times about how well the NPCs role-played their various roles this weekend, not just my three main NPCs, but all of you. No matter how good or bad a story is, the NPCs role-playing well, can make the weekend epic. When NPCs really get into their role, become the part, work in concert, role-play their victories and defeats with the idea of being entertainment for the other players, everyone wins. That is what happened this weekend. In the end, it isn't about how much you swing for or how many hits you can take that makes a character (PC or NPC) memorable, it is how they act. I think people will remember the NPCs from this weekend for a long time.

Finally, not only did you all do a great job NPCing, but your PCs really made the grade this weekend too! Having Slack (who actually knew, and learned from Jonathon Travance) there was extra awesome as he knew first hand what the scholars wanted to research. Also thank you to Mixolydia, Bat Cooper, Almat, JJ, and everyone else who helped inform the town of what was going on. You put a lot of pieces together, you asked a lot of the right questions, and in the end you didn't do the easy thing, or the most obvious thing, you did the RIGHT thing, and you really caught me off guard and scrambling to get a mod together when I thought I was going to go to bed :-) ! Speaking of that, an EXTRA thank you to the Saturday Night NPCs who after fighting Main Mod, and near the end of their shift agreed to be the five or six chaos warriors against the town. It literally went down like this....

Me: I need as many NPCs as I can get.
MM: You said you were done, and I should send them out, so I did.
(I look around)
Me: Is anyone in here an NPC?
(About four people raise their hand)
Brian Hahn: What do need us to be? We'll do it.
Me: I need you to be an army of Chaos Warriors?
Brian Hahn: There are four of us.
Me: It need to be set up now.
Brian Hahn (suiting up): Okay, I guess it's the four of us. Where is the Mod?
Me: Totem Pole.
Brian Hahn: Only for you Mike Smith, only for you.
(The preceding may not be word for word, but pretty much, fortunately I think two others walked in and got suiting up to go.)

If I forgot to mention anyone in specific, please chalk it up to it being after midnight on the Sunday after an Event.

Keep up the great work everyone! I am so excited for the Alt Event.

-OOG Michael Smith
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 00:47 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Tsoli (Tsoli)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
11 Mar 2013 00:46 - 11 Mar 2013 00:47 #16 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Friday night:
-Leading new players around on the intro mod and once I was done head to Kaladonia for a birthday party
-Caelvan seeing sorcery done......Never saw it before and the first I saw was white....sweet
-Right after that seeing a bit more sorcery.....this time on him..........Good bye Caelvan Renaith.....Hello Celtvan "Nay more Hollow Bones" Freeman. Including Woad and a kilt...Going to be an interesting couple months
-Going to the Inn and getting all of the "Caelvan? What happened to you?
-Having a fight with Keavy, warning her it's not as easy controlling his emotions as it was before, and had to storm away

Saturday:
-Getting used to being a celt, some talking.
-Selling the bacon pie......did well so might have more than just 2 pies next month.
-Druidic shard, Kristen and Mike thank you for having us Druids be reminded of our first lesson ever as druids......I think it hit home for a lot if not all of us.

-Tower Mod. To the new players. I hope you had as much fun on the mod as it was for me to marshal it

-Feast
-Relaxing/preparing for battle and doing lessons, somehow all at once

Main Mod:
-Cavi/Druid card vs main mod Chaos warrior card? Lets see how this goes.
-3 for 3 on Diane's pledge item........Still wondering wether that is good or bad...

-Talking until Rayven comes in.....
R: Caelvan I need you to grab some druids or rangers
C:Okay.... but Why?
R: There are Wolves outside.....people think they're werewolves. But there is no full moon
C: Wait that's it? I should be able to help with this. Orin, come with me.

-Phantasm wolves
-Snake men near the water? What's that Tobar you need Inviolate Forms? Well line the people up.

Sunday:
-Hearing the sounds of fighting and having to run back and forth to the Inn.....thankfully I was invisible
-Learning Restoration and Heroes last stand!
-Main Mod 2
--Ah poison ivy.....best spell of the morning

The Alt event......wasn't originally gonna go......but I might, do a back and forth from work to camp sac for it now......
Probably more, but can't think of them now.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 00:47 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
11 Mar 2013 09:55 - 11 Mar 2013 14:16 #17 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
This event was %100 phenomenal. Everyone I role-played with was amazing, and and plot out did itself yet again. Huge thanks to absolutely everyone, from the npcs, to the marshals, to the pcs.

-It was so good to see all of you again. I'm honestly a little touched by how many people told me they missed me.

-Lots of gypsy rp that colored the entire event from Friday night on. Seems every event, I'm glad I picked the race I did. Welcome to the fold Zallera!

-Saturday Mage-themed mod. Really loved the interplay between all the spheres. Very creative.

-filling in at the bar gave me a chance to chat with some people Carlotta normally doesn't, including the lovely Mother Quinn and the unforgettable Bran. Small moments, but I really appreciate the view into the world's of other characters.

-1 part song circle, 1 part ritual, 17 parts amazing. Thanks Goose for for great plot, and a big thank you to Jen for having me participate, even though I was not yet a bard.

-Fortune and Glory! Finally! <3

-Sunday main mod. Like Norm said, I could get used to that.

- I am so excited for the alt event, I just might pop.

- I've only been doing this LARP thing for a couple of years, so this weekend, when I looked back and saw that Carlotta (who I have played for longer than any other role play character in my career) had truly changed into a different person without me making any conscious decision to alter the way I play her, it was a magical experience. Yes, I finally have my first higher list, but more than that, I think Carlotta is beginning to really understand the way the heroes of Travance all feel. Thank you to everyone who continues to be part of this journey.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 14:16 by Josephine (mferro54).
11 Mar 2013 11:07 #18 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Wonderful event. I was somehow able to get a bit involved with plot with both characters, which I did not expect. Big props to Mike and the rest of the STs and Marshals.

William Sterling
-Finally getting to play this character that I've had in the system for almost a year. I expected to have fun, I did not expect to have as much fun as I did. He'll definitely be around more.
-Finding Gideon, and then being scolded about calling magic "mystical mumbo-jumbo."
-Meeting a bunch of people with a totally different perspective than when I play Winks.
-Getting a couple smithing commissions right Saturday morning. Starting off on the right foot.
-Smithing lessons with Gideon. This is one of the things I was looking forward to the most about this character.
-Tomb mod: I actually got an answer with Lore: Geology. Wait, what?
-Stranglevine shuffle!

Winks Sharpthorn
-I felt like I had very little time as Winks, but it was still fun, especially with all the lessons I gave.
-Saturday main mod and the 2-man warband of Winks and Odo. That was fun, we'll have to do it again.
-Finally learning Windwalker. Yet another great lesson with the guildmaster.

See everyone in a few weeks.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
11 Mar 2013 13:07 - 11 Mar 2013 14:33 #19 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
First time back in a really long time! Unfortunately I had to leave for most of Saturday and all of Sunday because of not feeling well but when I was there I had a great time and I can't wait until I can next come back. (Hopefully May but MAYBE April?)

Anyways:

FRIDAY

Not even an hour into the event a newer player (I don't remember his name sorry!) walked up to Ava and went "Your face looks like sh*t" Ava used so much control to not just lose it all over him but instead found it slightly flattering that someone would insult her like that.

Everyone in Ostcliff saying Ava was well behaved and their favorite. Ava was utterly confused and somewhat uncomfortable with all the praise. Let's hope it doesn't lead to anything too drastically uncalled for.

Ming Na conversations about why she isn't having babies only to find out the mixed story that Ava had somehow fallen down some stairs. Her husband says she fell but Ava doesn't remember because she's been quite forgetful so she accuses him of pushing her down. The truth may never be known!

SATURDAY

Anhil using a flee to escape from Ava. Then later Ava stroking a terrified Anhil telling him he doesn't need to fear her. I love how the interactions between these two characters are coming along and I can't wait to "nurture" it more!

Long talks with hubby Zelretch who was able to hold his own in wit for once.

Meeting Arden and telling her to move to the other side of her because she was blocking Ava's view of Wormwood. (so much staring <.<) Which then lead to being instilled confidence to try and get her to go over and interrupt his conversation, only to be dragged away by a Zelretch hopped up on alchemy to the Ostcliff Land meeting.

I can't wait until the next time I get to see everyone!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 14:33 by Narcis (ChrisR).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
11 Mar 2013 13:51 #20 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
This was a great event!!! Our first since December. Friday evening, presenting he Chain of State to the Baroness was awesome! Then doing some Lady-in-waiting duties for the Baroness, like getting her chain mail repaired and hanging out in the Inn was great!

Saturday morning: Market Fair!!! It looked like there were a lot of merchants! I had a great time setting up the alchemy shop with Rana and Rudolph. It was kind of like an assembly line: Maralas assisting Rana and then us passing potions to Rudolph to sell! And there was fire and scented smoke!

NPC: Hired help for getting donations for the Church of light! We rocked, we even had a couple PC's come along to 'help' us out. We scored a handy stack of loot for them and only skimmed a little off the top. Who says Travance doesn't love the clergy! Cameron's Ship mod was a ton of fun! We got smoked; but the PC's had a great time! I really liked the "wave effect" and falling off the ship! Very cool stuff! Then being merchants and spreading rumors about war and undead in the north. Lots of fun!

Saturday Evening: Lots of intense drama and RP with Angeliana, Dr. Maxwell (sorry, Sir Dr. Maxwell) and the Baroness. We had folks worried that there was something wrong OOG! Nope just really great acting. Love you all bunches!

Sunday: Learning a few potions from Rudolph and lots of hugs all around.

I had so much fun! Thank you all for making it such a great event!!! I know there was so much more that went on outside of my little corner; but I felt like I was in the thick of things a few times. So very cool.

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
11 Mar 2013 18:16 #21 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
I will start out by saying that this event had the best RP EVER!!! :O

I loved the heavy RP NPC roles I did for Shane and Bill in the wee hours on Saturday. Even if things didn’t go the way they planned, the mods were thoroughly enjoyable and I might get to NPC a certain role again with one of my best friends. Awesome!

“I am…proficient!” Raquel, that cracks me up every time.

There was a large, unattended jug of ale. Yup, Rowan knew who it belong to, but hey, a hobbit has got to drink! :]

The New Players’ piece-of-the-seal mod was…interesting. It was an empowering moment for my character and she appreciates EVERY single character that went on the mod. Also, Stranglevine Shuffle!

Anora: “Excuse me, Rowan. But can you watch my things? I must go and fight with snowballs”.

Sweet Mary: “Lore: Bardics!” “Go to Logistics!” I come back! Damn, she’s gone!
Ulzag part 1: “Lore: Bardics!” “Go to Logistics!” I come back! Damn, he’s gone!

Ulzag PART DEUX! This was easily the most terrifying, stupid, and courageous moment that Rowan has ever experienced in Travance. I gladly give a stunning, standing ovation to all of the NPCs, Nick, and those of you who defended Rowan so she could recite the nursery rhyme. The RP was so intense (Rowan’s fear was real OOG, too) and I had to make very hard, quick decisions with my last remaining MP and skills. Really, I’m still beaming from how much I enjoyed the Ulzag mod in the end.

Oh noes! It’s a hobgoblin at the bar! Oh noes! The orc and the goblin walk in! Oh noes! Now Billiam wants to get a drink? Dammit, people I JUST GONE UP AGAINST A PHANTASMIC TROLL AND HIS PACK OF WOLVES ALL BY MY HOBBIT-Y SELF! GIMME A BREAK! ^_^ interesting time at the Inn.

IG and OOG thanks to everyone on the sea-monster mod. We made sure everyone was safe with the coyotes around.

Main Mod PART DEUX! NPC time! I thought the small, 5’2” girl with a 4’8” tower shield was a great idea (since I lack in OOG parrying skills) until I had to carry it to every corner of the camp; but then battle happened and I be like “BOO YAH! PEOPLES NO HIT ME HAHA!” Anyways, the raging, screaming, evil-y NPCs are such a joy to play. Thank gourd that I didn’t have to play the bard after all that shouting.

To branch off of that highlight, I want my friends to understand that I was going to say a lot better insults to their characters, but I refrained from using harsh language. Gina, the tic-tac thing was intentional. I regret nothing.

RPMs, I’m absolutely baffled at how I got to where I got to by the end of the event. RPing is the most important/my favorite aspect of the game, and I think you for enforcing and rewarding that concept :)
And from the bottom of my heart, thank you Mike, James, all of the MMs and Storytellers that worked on this amazing plot. I’m so excited to (HOPEFULLY) go to the alt event.

(OOG) Teresa Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
11 Mar 2013 20:04 - 11 Mar 2013 20:04 #22 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event

Teresa wrote: .

Oh noes! It’s a hobgoblin at the bar! Oh noes! The orc and the goblin walk in! Oh noes!

Probably the most amusing thing I got to see while tending bar.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 20:04 by Josephine (mferro54).
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
11 Mar 2013 20:27 #23 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
This really was an awesome event. Kudos to all involved in making this event what it was.

In no particular order:
~Mike and James marshaling research was exceedingly pleasurable. Being told "You can find no written record regarding it" for answers to questions. It made complete sense if only one or two people knew of it. Also--super cool that the priestesses of Chronicler noticed key things in the notes on the first night.
~Venter meaning in the riddles. That eww was accidental, I swear. Haha.
~Being dragged on another ritual with Ethan to find Klarington Everest. As always I am astounded by his inventiveness with performing rituals on the fly. Awesome ritual--would ritual again.
~Misaki trying to prevent me from going on the ritual at first because it could be dangerous, Ethan saying I have to, and then Misaki trying to go with only to be told there was a limited number who could go. It was so adorable when he told me to be safe and to come back to him in one piece. Dawwwww.
~Meeting Klarington and his wife Olivia/Ariana and refusing to eat the food because it appeared Klarington wasn't acting like himself but playing it off as not being hungry. The stew looked delicious. Oops on the reveal that wasn't supposed to happen until later. To be fair, Aemorniel is exceedingly cautious.
~Sign Language/Gesture talk with Olivia on the way to another farm with just Almat, Sir Cinder, and I. I was pleased to see I wasn't as rusty as I thought I was. Gushing about our men, showing my engagement ring to her, and gossiping in general.
~Priestess Party Poopers: Almat and I protecting Olivia and the farmer with Divine Sanctuaries as Cinder taught a ruffian manners. We were rather calm about it, trusting in Sir Cinder's abilities. It was nice to be the one protecting as opposed to being protected.
~NOT BEING IN CHARGE OF ALL THE RESEARCH. How's it feel to have a constant bodyguard Almat? Haha. It was pleasant to do research on parts that interested me without heavy pressure. High five for research partnering!
~Gideon and Dr. Maxwell getting knighted. More than well deserved for the two of you. It adds to Aemorniel's joke though that she only chooses the best to be her teachers.
~Sir Gideon's scholar lessons. It truly is a delight to have such a perceptive student who is unafraid to ask questions. I can see that your lessons are going to be interesting in the coming months. Take care of my baby while I'm away! It was nice to discuss other important matters as well such as how to deal with familial strife.
~Joking sex ed lesson for Anhil during Marketfaire. Suffice to say--Aemorniel in a sarcastic mood can lead to horrid results. Goats--that's all have to say.
~ALL THE SILVERBOWS! I had been tipped about the identifying factor beforehand since my PC would know it but being completely thrown off guard since I had never actually met the two men beforehand. Aemorniel was more happy about it than should be legal. She just was so gleeful that Ardin couldn't huff about the family being a pure line anymore so it made her engagement all the easier to argue for in her mind. That makes us 6 officially. 7 when Mirwen marries in.
~Misaki's test with Lethias and Magnus. Aemorniel only needed to be told that they wanted her help for his next test. She had a general idea what it was after she had to pretend to be kidnapped but has learned never to assume things. When she popped up after he was told he passed, he grabbed her in the fiercest hug he had ever gave her before. We must've stood there for over ten minutes as he just let it all out. She was worried greatly because she has never seen him cry like that before. Even though it was such a serious moment, she was touched by him openly telling her how much she meant to him.
~Dr. Maxwell looking for me to be a test subject for Viktor to learn Break Mind Control right after Misaki's test. Viktor--as clever as your solution was--you are sooooooo lucky Misaki wasn't watching or you may very well have lost a life tag that night.
~Mini bonding time with Val and his friends and giving them protections.
~Private meeting with Ardin after the Mage Guild meeting about my engagement and eventual marriage. It went a hell of a lot better than expected (thanks Mirwen and Aquene) but still resulted in so much crying on my part. Hopefully I'll get the letter with Father's reply.
~Almat, the Baroness, Sir Slack, and I figuring out the prophesy paper after the Guild meeting. Aemorniel had grown intrigued by this unusual man, Jonathan Travance, and what sort of character he must have to do what he has done. Doing her research made her want to sit and talk with him to write down his story one day if she could. If her feelings of what fate has in store for him is true, it will sadden her to see it come true. It's harder to be a Chroniclerite than people think.
~Aemorniel reading Typhon's letter about the Third Court and the lineage of the Quinarians. Those who saw her reaction, I am sad to say that research revealed we are not as fabulous as Aemorniel had hoped.
~Sunday Morning wake up squad. So much fun. The insults for my good friends, such as Geoff, were all in good fun. I rarely get to be the one giving "pointy ear" insults so it was really funny to me.
~Helping set up the Vault and getting Mike all cobwebbed out before acting as a fill in marshal for lores being called. That ending was definitely awesome! As always Mike, I love getting to hang out and talk with you. I feel I always learn something.

Quotes for the event:
~Sir Gideon: We're engaged, just not to each other.

~Baroness Mixolydia: Klarington was quite sure Jonathan Travance couldn't be cured of his poison.
~Aemorniel: Clearly he had never met Dr. Maxwell.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
11 Mar 2013 20:34 - 11 Mar 2013 20:52 #24 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
This event has changed my PC forever in ways I never thought possible. Great event all around!

~ NPC ing for James to get the main plot line started. Never have I ever been so nervous to perform better than my best, I hope I did not disappoint. The attention to detail that went into this was unbelievable kudos to Mike Smith and James for all of it. I almost forgot where I really was and who I really was while chopping wood to get a fire going for the stew and getting the little farm house ready before the mod. The PCs and NPCs involved in this mod were all fantastic. Thank you all for being oh so kind ;) JJ; way to ask difficult but cunningly formulated questions, and for being amazingly good at reading my "mute language". Matt; way to almost ruin everything then being the quick witted one. Brian; for being a great escort/protector to a 'common' lady and for not killing that little bandit... I think. All of you: please come visit again :silly:

~ Guests to the Baroness's Manor in the morning... so. many. nobles. Also Lord Brightstar: "Didn't I order you to never bow your head in my presence again?" Me: <hangs head in shame> no wait! UGH
~ Lacing up Orias's bracers and cloak. Yes, little things matter to me, and I get a huge kick out of people who can communicate with me without using any words.
~ I don't want to mess this up, so I'm going to call it: "The Loaf of Sin" Kristen; I broke dietary rules for that, I do not regret it a bit and I would do it again. YUM!
~ Conversations with Sir Slack. You made me doubt what's right and what's wrong. Alas; I earned your forgiveness eventually.
~ Getting completely and utterly shit faced at the bar. Letting go of my fear of being improper, doing so in a: "go big or go home" manner in oh so many ways. Luckily for Angeliana, she doesn't remember most of it. Oh the shenanigans involved... Thank you Bran... without you this moon could have been completely negative and emotionally terrible for poor Angeliana. You made her smile, and many times might I add. P.S. don't share my weakness!
~ Finally having an extremely overdue one on one with Sir Cinder.
~ Teaching some very important lessons, especially to Albert. Or should I have said learning... I must say Baroness; you're a genius for making me teach things and share wisdom I desperately needed myself. I got hit in the head with the "Practice what you preach" hammer, hard, and I loved it. Very well played.

~ Feast, the Magnus song... Red velvet cake for uncle Rudolf's birthday. Quan Lui, thanks for putting me on the spot I had over a hundred pairs of eyes on me and I was trying to carry a cake! Thank you so much Bards for singing Happy Birthday with me. Hope it was a good one Larry :-)

~ Main mod madness... Master Harroldson, know that I will be for ever grateful for what you have provided me with, for it allowed me to protect my friends very well.
~ ... this, a highlight for the player and one of the worst things that has happened to the character: Personal assassin sent to murder Sir Dr. Maxwell, commoner from Angeliana's village, bearing the signs of the plague she believes she has caused for being cursed, getting yelled at: "you will never break the curse" before nothing but ashes remained. Angeliana lost it, everything... emotions ran wild. I totally hyperventilated myself and almost fainted. All of the RP that ensued was amazing. Learning Maxwell's 'fault' was simply aiding her, getting mad at him then crying on his shoulder and apologizing profusely. I didn't know what to do or how to react IG or OOG. I have also never cried for that much or that many times... since I was a kid? I refused a hug for the first time in my life. Maralas, Valentine, Baroness and all others who got involved... Thank you. Sir Dr. Maxwell; I will never doubt you again.
~ Chat of hope with the Baroness, Lady Elawyn, Lord Aleister and Warden Angelicka: I will not give up.

~ Need the help of people who can get rid of poison? Ending up at the edge of the water I had previously assured people I wouldn't be going to. Coyote background music!
~ Delivering a heal via kiss on the cheek. My hands were not available! The reactions were priceless, I am definitely going to do this more often.
~ Sleeping soundly because of everyone who shared the room with me.
~ Personal visit in the morning. Please do it again.

~ Walking to the inn with the Baroness from her manor in the morning, to be rushed by a huge crowd of angry minions of Xualla. I put that sanctuary up so fast... Realizing I had just protected the Baroness all by myself truly changed how Angeliana views herself.
~ Wanting to hug Billiam to calm him down while he is in a rage and getting stopped by many people. Angeliana didn't know any better, sorry!
~ Massages... all of them given, I truly enjoy alleviating people's pain. And the one taken. Chris, <3.
~ Buffing almost everyone before they left on Main Mod part two, sadly our carriage had to leave. I hope it helped.

I can not wait to be back already. My only regret was not being able to say goodbye to anyone. Please accept this <HUG>. I'll just have to give you all extra ones next time.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 20:52 by Angeliana (Angeliana).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Croínamara (Jen)
11 Mar 2013 21:05 #25 by Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig)
Replied by Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
First, I want to thank everyone for the warm welcomes as a new player. Only regret is the long trip from Indiana and not getting much sleep prior to lay-on.

You have one of the best properties I have ever seen and the level of commitment you all make to embellish it is near mind-boggling but extremely impressive nonetheless.

- I can sum up my experience, though, by just saying "WOW!!!!!"

- KR rocks the LARP world with it's immersion, level of roleplay and dedication of the individuals and the collective.

- Roleplaying a deaf/mute character presented several challenges but at the same time was fun especially with the Baroness late Friday nite.

- Completely overwhelmed with the sheer size of the "force" during the Sunday main mod.

- Getting hit with a terrible itch several times :( .

- Attempting to scratch our mutual itchiness with another NPC was absolutely hysterical.

- The feast was amazing.

- Loved listening to the bards and their melodic tunes.

- Attempting to use my advanced first aid to only get cleaved in the inn Saturday night :ohmy:.

My list isn't nearly as long as others, but had an amazing time and hope to be able to visit again in a couple months.

IG: Eldest of the Anvilhorn Brothers & co-owner of DwarvenPaths Smithy

OOG: Jeff J
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
11 Mar 2013 22:46 #26 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)

Aemorniel Silverbow wrote: ~NOT BEING IN CHARGE OF ALL THE RESEARCH. How's it feel to have a constant bodyguard Almat? Haha. It was pleasant to do research on parts that interested me without heavy pressure. High five for research partnering!
~It's harder to be a Chroniclerite than people think.

In response to the first: GAH! Now I know why you kept sneaking off! Still, thanks to the awesomeness of those of you who guarded me. Made it more pleasant than it could have been. And agreed on the research partnering, and yay for being trusted with a large bunch of the research!

In response to the second: Oh my gods yes...I got some major reminders of that this event

~Charani Yhatzi

kitchen staff
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
12 Mar 2013 12:02 #27 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
First event in a short bit!

The two-man warband was great! The music on that combat set the mood nicely!

Breaking Almat at the idea of neutral clergy crashing Light mass, even though we were invited.

Vasselship!

Next time, I'll be there for much longer.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
12 Mar 2013 15:33 #28 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Holy shit the RP this month...

-Gypsy Death Glare lessons on the porch...it was what, 8 of us? I have missed us gathering like that. It needs to happen more. Welcome Zellara and Yaya!
-I've got to say, the RP between Tobar, Marika and Ekaterina needed to happen. After 7 months of ignoring the poor boy, yelling at him and then watching him get drunk by the fireplace? Best friday night everrrrr
-Apparently my new cloak is exceptionally good at hiding my body...
-First time being the main waitress for breakfast. Omg how do you people do it?!
-First Master Warrior lesson with Shamis and Solomon...I think the bruises have been permanently tattooed into my knees...
-Making the most delicious fruity drink with the leftover syrup from feast's dessert.
-Playing poker in the monastery with Rosette, Oz, Shamis and Thomas, the littlest smith.
-SECOND CHANCE RAVENN!!!!!
-Having decided the Rosette and I are going to give Oz and Shamis heart attacks one of these day...old men...
-Main mod: Having Magnus wail on me before even realizing it was me @_@ Not sure how I felt about that
-Sunday- practically being eaten alive after bringing out a tray of pastries. You guys keep Marika honest!
-Main mod part II:
-Actually doing damage...thats a biggie for me
-Having the use Enslavement to counteract Shamis's Chaotic Alteration.
-OMG ALT EVENT PRECURSOR!!!!

Seriously, this event was some of the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm so psyched for next event now!!!!!

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
13 Mar 2013 02:24 #29 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
An excellent Event. My RP cup ran over.

Started immediately after lay on with a Deep conversation with Ming Na concerning the conduct of his son, Tyr. I am involved as I am his daughter-in-law's Adoptive father. What is interesting is that Ming andI saw completely eye to eye. Syn still needs to learn to look deep.

Two sorcery rituals Saturday, a wonderful divination marshaled by Mike Smith and with Bat Cooper and Raxas in attendance. I had a wonderful time.

The second ritual was amazing, combining the power of Bardic Song with Sorcery. All the voices - so good. Great assistance from Mirwen and Tari. The result was unanticipated, though I knew early on it was going to be a "plot" result

Angeliana "Edwin, your git allowed me to save the Baroness' life"
Me "Such was not my intention when gifting you, but I am glad to hear you used it as it was intended.

In the absence of our nobility, once more handing out Pendarvin's land assignments and getting quite a bit done.

Being woken up by Teresa A's NPC at a ridiculous hour to help save her village and hearing Jon G. laughing, as he was NPCing and did not have to wake.

Sunday main mod - Telling the Baroness I was the Pendarvin contingent.
Being assigned to the Barony's forces under the command of Lethias and Oren. Asking Oren what our assignment was and was told we would flank the opposition and to do that we had to break through. I told him I would take care of that and if his troops moved on my word, all would be fine. All went well. It is nice to work with people who are open to new ideas.
I had a good night's sleep.all of my tag skills, and amlost all of my magic points. When I dropped Douglas' NPC general at his last respawn, I had no superior anything left from Master Warrior and most of my lower list defenses were gone as well. Took a time-stop to drop him.

Nice interplay with 4 newbs, Tuck, Scarlet, October, and a Khitan (sorry, I forget your name). Three of them participated in the sorcery ritual. What a great first game experience.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
13 Mar 2013 11:48 #30 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
I almost forgot--enjoying mischief with my cousin Tsoli. Something I haven't done in a very long time. We should do this more often. Now I have more cousins, we can have even MORE fun causing mischief. The whistle found a good home. ;)

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsoli (Tsoli)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.899 seconds