Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event

• Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
13 Mar 2013 14:16 #31 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event

Angeliana wrote: ~ Lacing up Orias's bracers and cloak. Yes, little things matter to me, and I get a huge kick out of people who can communicate with me without using any words.

Alice, welcome to the "dress up with orias" club. I hear if he likes you, you get to put on his make up and comb his hair!

Hat tipping to Alex here as well. I'm glad i'm not the only one who can appreciate his ability to RP wordlessly ten inches away from your face. Orias is one of the only characters who seems to get into your personal space before you even realize you might be offended by it. And once he's there, you're worried of offending him instead. Hat tip.

Angeliana wrote: ~ Chat of hope with the Baroness, Lady Elawyn, Lord Aleister and Warden Angelicka: I will not give up.

I don't ever think i've ever heard the word "hope" with "Elawyn and Aleister" in the same sentence before ever.
Unless it was "Elawyn and Aleister are crying again because there is no hope."

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Elawyn (Elawyn), Aleister (Aleister), Alex (Wormwood), Narcis (ChrisR), Annora (Karen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
13 Mar 2013 15:58 #32 by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai)
Replied by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
My highlights for the event:

-Thanks to the Baroness, I was more in-the-know about plot than any other game before. And then I had character backstory that made it incredibly motivating to *stay* in-the-know. But since she could now identify me on sight, there was no way I'd get away with anything that might make her unhappy.
-Bard music! Special love to Clyde for all his organization and encouragement. Also, lovely lovely bard plot. I know what I want to be when I grow up!
-Fabulous feast! Well done!
-I know it's strange, but there is something really, really liberating about being a crazy NPC warrior who will just throw themselves into a fight, and then onto the ground in a fantastic fashion upon their demise. Thanks to everyone who let me flail ineffectually against them :)
- Finally, thank you to Katie for the loan of the boots. I had some serious leaky boot issues this game - I'm going to need to bring a couple pairs to each game, from now on.

IG: GinGinny GinRum
Ambassador of Alisandria
OOG: Megan Coppock
RP Marshall
The following user(s) said Thank You: Biron Uidhir (Eddie Colon)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
15 Mar 2013 11:08 #33 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
Even with my shoulder seizing up on Friday and being a literal pain in the neck throughout the weekend, a great event from Mike and co, and an amazing lead in to alt event.

Friday:
Before lay-on, getting my new shield physrep from Matt. Saved my PC's life several times during game, and so much easier to wield.

Watching Magnus drink Jade's satyr wine and then blow an immaculate defense on it. And repeating the process.

Croi's impromptu ode to Magnus, the first recitation. Made all the funnier by Magnus's reaction.

NPC Shift:
Being a minion for the Rochester crew is always enjoyable.
Going out as Shane's wraiths...minimal from the 3 damage types they're affected by. "Slay Slay Slay!" "minimal damage" PCs: "..." Tee hee.

Saturday: Oh boy...one thing right after another!

First, guard meeting.

Taking a short midday nap in the inn during Market Faire, using Aermorniel's fluffy muff as a pillow.

Meeting the hilarity of Celtvan.

Getting to feel like a real druid and going on druid mod to get our part of the seal. Holy frak, that was impressive. And we done goofed. Big time. There's definitely going to be some interesting fallout from this one.

Running to logistics to go NPC low level mod. I hope the PCs had as much fun as we did NPCing it...crazy rogues and mages ftw. And frying fish. And ALL the pickpocketing :3
Really goes to show that it's not the card that makes an NPC role, it's how you play it.

Learning my first higher list skill! :D

Feeding Jade pistachios and having her swipe the red gems I pulled out of my pocket by accident, before I could even blink. Angel, your perfect squirrel impression was hilarious. As well as Danny's implied facepalm.

Sunday:
No time for the heroes of Travance to eat, it seems.
Being served food, right before the call to battle is sounded at the monastery. Solution? Shield on back, sword in one hand, and pancake in the other. Run and eat at the same time!

Buying a slice of coffee cake from Marika. That poor breakfast pastry...first an attempted snatch and grab by Orias, then an overly inquisitive Misaki, and lastly a bite-stealing Arden. Is it too much to ask to be able to eat breakfast?!

Shield bash ping-pong: the favored sport of cavaliers.

The theme for this month really seemed to be dragoons not allowing me to eat in peace, lol. You guys are all crazy, and I love you.

On the way back from the mod site, getting turned around in the woods with a group of people who should not have gotten lost...including Kristen, Steve, Alex, Tori, and James. I still have no words for the entertaining epic fail that occurred.

Helping to free cars from the hungry, hungry mud of Camp Sac.

Now to prep for alt event!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
15 Mar 2013 11:32 #34 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
I don't think I've been that busy from an event in awhile. I'm going to keep this short and sweet:

-Following the plot around Saturday, going from person to person to nail down details. There was so much information in game, all I had to do was follow it around to get a good picture of what was going on.
- Hiding all the things
- Stalking certain people through the woods to make sure they weren't jumped on the path, I don't even think they realized I was there
- Croi's Magnus song, Jen and Teresa you guys have been such a welcome addition to the game, I love hearing you both sing and perform!
- Being able to do the right thing, even when the mod wasn't planned out. Thank you SO much Mike Smith for letting us do that, even so late at night and thank you to all the NPC's who stayed late. Special thanks to Charlie for not being as grumpy for being woken out of bed for the mod as I thought he would be. :-)
- I stayed behind for Sunday's main mod to guard the imaginary kid (Royce Jr.) just in case Xualla or minions tried to slip around to the inn. I heard the mod was really good though.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Croínamara (Jen)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
15 Mar 2013 16:02 #35 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Event Highlights for the March 2013 Event
<<Special thanks to Charlie for not being as grumpy for being woken out of bed for the mod as I thought he would be. >>

Nothing like being woken from a decent sleep, dressing, walking to the Inn, and then waiting close to an hour for things to get organized, only to find the group was going to the Maze, which is across from the Pendarvin Statehouse. ::SIGH:: At least I got to show Edwin's cool and sleep on a table in the Inn while waiting. :-)

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds