Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 Jun 2013 20:26 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Week in the Life 2013 Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Wow. Where to begin...

Of course, the Ritual of the Exemplar. Steve and I had this concept in mind for months, and in the two weeks leading up to the event, we discussed the idea of making it a "mod" to entertain people and show off some awesome ritual RP. Of course, the dice had other ideas... Zach, you're fired, at least for rolling for me. :P Thank you to everyone that came out and watched, offered to guard, offered to help, etc. for me. I hope it was fun for people who had never seen / been in one before.

Take two the next day - GOT IT! Exemplar: The Next Generation!

Food. ZOMG the food. "There is an allegiance between the two cabins of the Alisandrian Steakhouse, and DinerDark." Garlic Spread so potent Diane couldn't have it, which is saying something. Sausage, Biscuits, and Gravy. Grilling outside Pendarvin.

The Silverbow wedding - it was beautiful. Well done, by everyone involved.

Post-Wedding Reception. Rowan with red icing all over her lips... "Why so serious?" It was creepy!

Kristin as the Undine / Siren. I saw her walking to the lake OOG, and just quietly thought "Oh, crap." The little stretch she did after "snacking" was downright disturbing.

How can I forget... Ianto the Kitten! Fierce demon that guards the Armory! He's home and happy with Diane now, and had his bed, toys, and vet appointment already lined up before he even left camp.

It's four weeks to the next game, and I can't wait to KR again... but I am glad I will have a chance for my circuits to reset. :-)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
02 Jun 2013 20:42 - 02 Jun 2013 22:05 #2 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
What I liked most was the huge battle on saturday. Me and Doran (OOG Jeff) Just stood in the middle of that field and killed as many Gobos as possible. It was hilarious the way that Doran lifted me when I went down and just threw me in front of a healer. Absolutely awesome! I also loved the starting of Frogdom a little inside joke out of Alisandria since the bullfrogs like to be so loud. New player mod was awesome. I killed some undead and some wolfs as well as met the Baroness who I was not drinking Sader's wine with! Also Buckles playing bagpipes was great and so was learning break limb from Orin. So excited for the next moon! My mighty hammer will smash the skulls of the enemies before me!

Edit: I forgot about swimming in the lake, the mass Lizardkin assault on the in I had the pleasure of npcing (though I did catch a low blow), Sunday morning with Buckles as well as drinking Sader's wine with Ginny and the Baroness...er I mean...... not drinking at all!!!! Roach leaving me to die by wolves was cool and Dr Demontfurt the third becoming the Grand Mage of Ale. Blackjack with Saleem was cool and roulette won me a lot of gold. I think one of my favorite parts of this weekend was my first NPC shift where Me and two others got the jump on Misaki Gideon and one other. (Sorry I forgot your name!!) Then meeting the kitten!!

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
Last edit: 02 Jun 2013 22:05 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms).
02 Jun 2013 21:17 - 02 Jun 2013 21:32 #3 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
This was a strange event for me, but definitely had some highlight.

I had a LOT Of really strong NPC experiences this event.

Firstly, BEST NPC SHIFT EVER. Those who went out with me know what I mean. Beyond the fact that it involved being in the lake, I really enjoy when there are follow ups to small things that happened in prior events. I hope this new species of fish comes back.

Next, I really enjoyed getting to go out on a mod with my son. James, it was brilliantly designed, and my son is still talking about it. I'm sorry those who tried to save him weren't able to do so, but A++ for effort.

I'd also like to give props to my goblin scout co-horts. Even after our leader was killed, we managed to scout all the locations for good siege weapons. However, we were on our way back when townsfolk saw us in the woods. Thankfully, the howling of wolves distracted them, and two of our number ran back to report while our replacement leader talked to them.

Also, had a great time as Demons just burning and destroying. I really thought we were going to make Calvin take a tag. Hats off to Ginginny for keeping up with the song to protect her friends while we tried everything to distract her. Also, hats off to the full time NPC who was doing the "5 fire" on everything and to Ree for the creepy, CREEPY laugh.

While it ended on a sad note, I really enjoyed being the pie making goblin who dreamed of vassaling and getting away from the goblin wars. Chief Runs To Fast will always have his loyalty.

onto Caldor:
An overall fun weekend. Got to make some new friends, including more northmen and a the dwarf with the chainmail protecting his beard. Excellent fun.

Had one of my most intense moments with the "card mage jerk guy" low level mod. Really just enjoyed how he kept smiling while I tried to convince my allies of how dangerous he was and how stupid it was to keep playing his games. You'd think after watching one person "draw badly" and get utterly destroyed by statues, only to explode in fire upon his being revived would be enough to stop people from playing with the cards.... In that same mod I really loved being able to ignore all the damage of said explosion and just keep yelling at the card guy. I wish the trip hadn't been unavoidable, but what can you do. It was fun to crack so many of my random big things that I rarely get to use.

I really enjoyed seeing Tommy and Xod acting as a team fixing people's armor and giving them buffs before the main mod.

The "strange occurrences" while annoying to Caldor have opened up some FANTASTIC role playing opportunities for me. I never got to work so closely with Gideon or Dr. Maxwell or Mirwen.

I was very sad to miss main mod, but glad to hear it went well.

Slaying the Dragon. Awesome. Again my son is so thrilled to have been part of it.

Giving Ardin marital advice during the feast.

Thank you to everyone who was awesome to Xander (Xod's real name). He had a wonderful time. He doesn't want to come up every month (nor would we even if he did), but he definitely wants to do it again. He's said the magic phrase "Once I'm older, I really want to do this all the time". Oh, and he was sad that he didn't get to go out MORE on NPC shifts. He wanted to be monsters.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 02 Jun 2013 21:32 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
02 Jun 2013 21:30 - 02 Jun 2013 21:34 #4 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
A great time as always, I'm glad the next week long feast isn't for another year, though; I couldn't possibly do that again any time soon!

In particular order:

-The RP on main mod was amazing. All the NPC's were hamming it up like champs and taking prat falls. My personal favorite was the gobbo that takes a point blank "shot" to the chest from my crossbow, staggers back and falls, then gets up again to drop me like a sack of potatoes!

-Learning this week was crazy for Ben; 33 build spent translates to lots of long, walking conversations with better people than Ben. I don't know what I was expecting to get when going to an insanely powerful scion for lessons in "courage", but it was scarring...

-Beginning to search for information from a menagerie of scary people is IG daunting, OOG a blast. The ominous laughter Thursday night in the inn was more than a little spine chilling, so thanks for that, Scary People.

-Discussing with Anhil about when to not shoot things with the crossbow for my first lesson in master marksman was mentally stimulating. Learning from the only Master Scout in Travance about reservation is truly an honor.

-Surprising a katta and it consequentially avoiding eye contact with Ben for the rest of the weekend was hilarious!

-Fighting a copy of myself from the deck of many things was exciting! Too bad for my copy I keep a fire bomb handy at all times.

-Going to tell bandits to go away with Grimkell but getting enslaved instead was disheartening. The escape attempt started with a fizzle(or two) but nonetheless successful. Another batch of great NPC's!

-Fighting elementals with Jack Sunday morning while searching the remains of the goblin battlefield was a good time. I was glad to have somebody on hand who is better than I with a close scrum!

The week was a great time and I can't wait to see you all in a month!

EDIT- How could I forget the sexy fishmen mod!?

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
Last edit: 02 Jun 2013 21:34 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
02 Jun 2013 22:33 #5 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

Chris McKenzie wrote:
-Learning this week was crazy for Ben; 33 build spent translates to lots of long, walking conversations with better people than Ben.

Buckles be swimming in build. :P

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
02 Jun 2013 22:35 #6 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Oh gosh, in my case it is more where to start?

NPC fun: I loved playing a healer and meeting the one healer who always works the Bar. I'm terrible with names but she was splendid and I went with her to logistics and the RP marshals to tell them just what an awesome job she did. Gosh I wish I remembered her name. Hopefully the NPC healer Tommas will make another appearance at some point after having figured out his abilities a bit more. I spent 45 minutes in the inn just rping about being an angst-filled former butcher drinking the empathic pain away and it was wondrous.

Another great moment for me was NPCing as a hayseed farmer come to give a ring before one of the IG weddings, as we wandered around and generally acted like backwater goofballs and amused all the players while strutting about and generally acting extremely foolish.

Sunday morning had morning wakeup, which was a lot of fun slinking around as ratkin going "Quick quick! Kill kill! Eat eat!" as a Rat-Ogre and surprising quite a few people, enforcing one of the rules of Travance, never sleep alone. I am glad to hear no tags got taken though it was a close run thing. Props to Cree's player for running with what happened during that little mod so well, it was an absolute joy.

As a general rule I've learned from WITL and the normal event this weekend that I love playing either very different from my PC NPCs, or hilariously dopey and somewhat pathetic NPCs that while villainous do tend to have motivations. Playing dumb in a comedic manner is one of my favorite things to do when I gm my own tabletop or LARP games, so it was no surprise I enjoyed it just as much here.

As far as PC stuff goes New Player Mod was a blast, everything from meeting the Baroness to having great interactions with the Guard and my fellow new players. It was funny that the blond elf archer Anhil, I think, actually offered to hold Grim's furs right as Grim handed them off in his typically loud manner.

I particularly loved the Bard circle during WITL portions, it was a joy to sing rather sad love songs with Grimkjell and give a bit of depth to a character that mostly seems like just a one-note brute of a guy. Everyone was so lovely to hear there, I was sad I had to leave to go NPC with my best buddy Jason. Someday when we have time and have the lyrics we'll duet Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin IG as an old Barbarian tribal song ;)

The Card Shark Bandit which Jason mentioned was also a favorite of mine, as was the incident with the Bandits that Chris brought up. We had some hilarious botches and I wasn't swinging aggressively enough before we briefly got enslaved. Thank goodness for fancy hats and firebombs which are up ins!

Caldor's strange "curse" is also an amazing RP streak and I hope this plot continues. I'm supremely excited for it as a player.

The second new player mod which was run at the same time as the wedding was interesting and fun, I liked that the NPCs were well thought out and the cave environment was great.

The main mod was really fun, the massive battle around 10 was gloriously sweat inducing and loud. Singing various songs with Bran as we headed towards the battlefield was a true joy, and hearing everyone pound on shields and shout battlecries was great too.

I'd like to point out some particularly character interaction highlights for me:

Everything that Goggles was involved in.

The vice-captain of the guard, Orrin, was particularly fun to bounce off with Grimkjell, as was Lars, and aw jeeze I remember his name, the fancy-looking witch-hunter guardsman who I got a lot of interaction with. Darned if I remember his name though, I'm a dolt. Lar's odd scholar friend was also great, Caldor and Aella, as well as Xod and Thomas were fun to play with as well, and Rayven and his fiancee's engagement feast was wonderful as well.

Meeting Clove on the first night was also great fun. Interacting with the newly married couple and giving marital advice at the feast was a joy as well, because barbarians know EVERYTHING being happily married. And we'll gladly tell you without any prompting at all.

The long talk I had IG as Grimkjell with the one staff-carrying healer who used to work in a mine was amazing, and I'm extremely sad I can't remember his IG or OOG name.

Everything Bran did was great, especially how we ended up teaching people the Fear ability by using Grimkjell as the crash test dummy for it twice, I think the Chaos warrior elf who begins with a K was in on both of those shenanigans as well. Grim felt so bad when he had to use Cleave on her for his own training.

Having people totally not understand Grimkjell's peculiarly barbarian way of talking about fighting and killing was great too, they required people to "speak Barbarian." and otherwise translate his odd usage of language. I think the phrases "cutting threads" and "Sleeping on the red snow." as well as "HJOLDA!" will be heard quite a bit in game going forward.

The OOG lessons in boffer two handed sword fighting were also great, I got like 4 of them so thanks everyone who helped me out. I had a blast, even though I'm covered in bruises from dying repeatedly in hilarious or pathetic ways as my NPCs.

Oh, one last thing, the Chaos Orb on friday night was insane, I think we had a group of 10 people get dropped 10 times in the course of a 30 minute mod.

I was amazed by the level of roleplay and thought put into the game, and how when we were OOG everyone was totally cool too. I hope I'll be able to come back soon, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze), Angeliana (Angeliana), Goggs (coryan)
02 Jun 2013 22:57 #7 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
I can't believe I failed to mention two lesson related incidents that really stood out to me, both involving Keavy.

First when Grim and I were operating as test subjects for an intimidate lesson and some mage thought he was being helpful by casting an arcane "pin" spell on the barbarians without telling them... we had to move the lesson to stop a fight.

Second was possibly the most physically exciting and exhausting lesson Caldor has had... cat like grace. Trying to use the spell against a body block by Keavy is one thing... add in a shield bash Caelvan and a trip by Bran and I don't think Caldor will ever see straight again.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
02 Jun 2013 23:17 #8 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Ok I may have missed the first part this month but I am glad I got to go to the weekend portion. Super happy to see everyone again! :woohoo:

first off I discovered something about my character and his priorities. And no it doesnt have to do with lore bedouin.

friday: story time with the witch hunters. If I could get a minor insanity from that I would so take it!
Watching Bran be bran throughout the weekend is always a treat. Chris just gotta say, you win.
HUGS ALL AROUND!

Saturday:Finally got an attack skill, even if it is through a trinket. INCAPACITATE FOR THE WIN!
npc shift:Goblin war machine mod during the silverbow wedding. Really cool ending, great work to everyone.
after shift feast was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
crazy illusions doing crazy stuff. Dancing demon on a persons shoulder. That was a thing that i never thought I would see.
Ok stop me if you heard this one. So a true warlock and an illithid walk into the bar. They are completely hammered and seem like they are just having fun being drunk. the joke is that THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED! :ohmy:
To top off that night we thought we were going on a look for a pig mod and ended up on a dark druidics mod. I just wanna say that Zack all the NPC's did a great job on that and the final battle of that was AMAZING!
Giant dark druidic boar: Leap
me:slam
Boar:natural resist {stares me in the eyes}
Me:{thinking} alright lets do this!
Ending the boar on with an incapacitate was the second greatest feeling I got all weekend in regards to combat.

Sunday: finding out about a suspicious gaian hospice and telling the church. Yay I did something good! :cheer:
Being at the right place at the perfect time. Walking up to bat and a few others dealing with a suspected criminal that was bound on the ground.
Thief: escape restraints, flee
me: slam, NO!
Best combat feeling I had all weekend! I love using slam and it working!

overall this was an epic weekend with super amounts of fun. i hope to see everyone again in june

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
02 Jun 2013 23:24 #9 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
I was only around for a few hours on Friday but they were worth it. Valentine FINALLY got to meet Carlos... after 1 whole year in the proper, the ONE PC written into his background. The Keystone Cops have nothing on us.

GREAT photography session with my daughter and I.... I hope at least one of them makes it to the website. If not you'll see them on Facebook soon enough.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Alicia D.
  • Thank Yous: 48
03 Jun 2013 10:13 #10 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
WOW so great event like always! Maybe next year I could attend the full WITL! I really can't remember it all but I'm going to try!

Friday:

White Sorcery ritual! Oh my! I'm so happy I got to help out with this! Though it was unsuccessful I loved all the RP! Steve and Geoff you both were great! Thanks again for including me!

Having another suitor confess love to me and then some SERIOUS FEELS. DRAMA 101 FEAT. VERILL AND ARDEN hahah
That was wonderful RP it feels good when you get so into it that people OOG go "Oh dude are you ok!?" haha

Having my pan stolen for the 3RD TIME. UGH.

Not being able to fall asleep and hanging out in Winterdark till the wee hours of the morning, and sharing awesome stories.

Then OMG AMAZING BREAKFAST WITH GUS SDFGHJKL NOM NOM.

Saturday? (the days are blending together since I had no sleep)

After the yummy noms at like 8am I fell asleep on the murder chair on to be woken up by being shaken awake by Misaki going:
"WAKE UPPPPP!!! PEOPLE ARE DYINGGGGGGGGGG!!" = Panic attack

Swimming in the lake was sooooo much fun! I had a total blast! Illusion to make Alicia's hair brown? YES. haha thanks Jen for letting me borrow your clothes to swim in! (Next time I'll be sure to get a bathing suit haha)

Shower of gloriousness!!!

Feast was yummy as always!!

GOT MY PAN STOLEN FOR THE 4TH TIME. But it was remade into the super amazing GHOST PAN!!!! Thank you all again for helping me and special thanks to Charles for making my pan the strongest in all Travance!!!

Getting to use said new awesome pan in battle! Haha

Star gazing with people and talking about the "dragons in the sky" that was just wonderful <3

Going through a portal and being thoroughly confused the whole time.

Oh God that reanimation! What awesome RP guys thanks again to Cy and Marci that was excellent stuff maybe someday Alicia will be able to sit through it!

And yaaaaayyyyyy!!!! I brought back someone through the focus!!! :D

Coming back for Silly O'clock feat. Sorel.
"Repeat after me: 'Sorel I want to be a dragoon'."
"NO! DONT DO ITTTT!!!!!"

Then the dead baby pinata that broke all that up! Haha

Bed time on the inn murder couch!!

Sunday NPC

Being an Elemental!!! Was so much fun evethough my fighting skills are less than stellar haha Alex you were such a wonderful sport getting your butt kicked by a child haha. I also enjoyed getting murdered by a small child with an axe hahah

Being an ooze. "Blup blup blurrrrpppppp"

And wrapping it up as a bomber Goblin! HAHAHAHA that was so fun!!!

A great time with friends as always <3 can't wait to see you all in June!

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Lathiel (Lathiel), Goggs (coryan)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
03 Jun 2013 10:59 #11 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
I can't believe I somehow forgot to mention the epic dodgeball games. It was so much fun!!!!

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn)
  • Tatsuya
  • Thank Yous: 10
03 Jun 2013 11:08 #12 by Tatsuya (Darkweave)
Replied by Tatsuya (Darkweave) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
TEA!! NOODLES!!! RICE!!! MORE TEA!!!!!! OH GOD SO MUCH TEA!!! HOT TEA! COLD TEA! SUN TEA! OLD TEA! If you didn't get it... I really loved serving tea and noodles and rice with my new business partner Saiko. Thanks Geoff for lending me the glass teapot for suntea. It was a huge hit in the heat.

Serving tea at the wedding was fun, slipping a neutralize poison laced tea to Rowan when she was tripping on satyr's wine was hilarious. Zipetto always knows how to liven up a party with a well placed time stop.

Using my newly learned grasp with roots spell to one shot lizardkin hahaha

Slipping Lord Aleister two potions of lesser healing in the form of jasmine tea with a drop of vanilla, dash of sugar, and a leaf of spearmint after some sorcery backlash.

Speaking of learning, all of the druidics and herbal recipes.

Sith training was awesome thanks to Daniel, Jade, and Rose. Thanks for the fun roleplay!

And of course great adventures with better friends.

Only regret was missing the dragoon mod. Still great week in the life.

OOG: David Giroux

"To be a druid is to become like Arawyn herself and to sacrifice, not just one's life, but one's very spirit to the world." -Tatsuya Lazuli
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
03 Jun 2013 11:32 #13 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
So many amazing things for the week in the life and weekend.

It's always fun to come out and see my friends and screw around and just have a good time.

Some notable moments just because there is always too much to really remember.

Walking and discussing Moonpires with Lord Brightstar.

Dimitri, Oraphin, Tobar, Maxwell, Corvin, and Carlotta: You all know what you did. And I thank each and every one of you for your help and some great RP.

Breakfast with Liam + Rocky

Goggs and his box.

Terrible Grammar and Creepy Gifts.

Swimming!

Baptisms to Valos in the forest!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Goggs (coryan)
  • Aella
03 Jun 2013 12:17 - 03 Jun 2013 12:20 #14 by Aella (Onirazael)
Week in the life recap

Weds:
Got settled in with my son and I. So many people asked for Caldor, it's nice to see how popular a Barbarian Druid is! BBQed and chilled with a few people. Was rather nice. Went to the Kaladonia BBQ! It was nice to see so many people show up. I didn't eat the food, partially because I had just eaten, but also because I know there were people there that needed it more. It all smelled delicious though! It was a nice first night get together and it allowed my son to relax and get acclimated to the environment and the players.

Thursday:
Passed out tons of cookies. Which was good because I was afraid I brought too many! Watched my son Rp with different people. Slyly tried to watch some of the Kaladonia games. I kept getting pulled away though. Cooked a turkey and had tons of great conversations in the kitchen. I think I am one of the few people in the universe that can sit next to an oven in oppressive heat and stay alive. Thanks to everyone who kept coming in to say hi and give me water. It was very appreciated. Went to the engagement feast where I got entertained by spectacularly drunk elves, dwarves and barbarians. It was very amusing. Caldor arrived to attend the party, so it was good timing.
Watched my son kick some booty in checkers. He JUST learned checkers that day. He plays a lot of chess though, so I think it was a step down for him challenge wise. Thanks to those who lost on purpose and to those who gave my son a slight opportunity to catch up only to get whooped by him. Went to the Bard circle for a little while. Wished I could have stayed. Enjoyed watching people sing.

Friday
Market. Caldor germinated a watermelon so we passed it around at market. It went very well and my son took all the money we made, since I don't actually take money and only deal in trade. I just realized I never got my iced tea and that makes me exceptionally sad, because his tea is always amazing. :oops: NPCed after Market. I got to be a wolf wearing fur in the heat at around High noon. (so damn hot) We then got to walk around as a tribe of goblins that lost their home and tried to vassal to Dragonmere. Our chief was determined by the fastest runner. Everyone who interacted with us had some fun and all our goblin buddies had fun too! We trekked down Alistair after an hour or so of walking in the heat. He refused to talk to us, which was very understandable in game, but a bit disappointing out of game. So much build up and the balloon pops! We still had a blast though. Friday Night NPC was what I liked to call Danger shift. We could barely see as we were out and we had so many injuries on shift. I almost got pushed into a fire and so much pain. I think I should wear some padding for that shift, a helmet, and invest in night vision goggles. But I made it out alive and unharmed which I wish I could say for everyone that was on that shift! My son said he had a blast NPCing and wished he could go out more.

Saturday
Attack of the Lizardkin. Had to run very fast as we got attacked from the monastery. Traded stories for pie. Went to an event where some crazy meanie was testing the luck of our group. One person did not get so lucky and was killed by the cards. I am asked to run for help and I come back to the players calmly playing cards. Aella chided Goggs rather harshly for not having enough common sense to stay away from an obviously Malevolent man. Who plays cards with someone after watching a friend get killed by him. Apparently we do? Non Barbarian humans make no sense.

Got a replacement to the inverted tower mod. Kudos to the guy who plays Billiam. He saw a lot of rather upset new players and put something together on the fly. It takes good Gming(Marshalling) to see upset players and do something about it. My thanks to you!

Dinner with Caldor and watching him give advice to newlyweds.

Who offers Ice cream in the vicinity of a 9 year old and then tells him "NO"? The people of Allesadria. Props to you for taking a page from the master class of Cartoon Villainy. It's good in game conflict and now Aella is definitely prejudiced against Allesandians. Remember folks Sharing is caring.

Hearing about the pinata fun. I stayed inside to clean. It was nice to hear that my son had so much fun. THANK YOU!

Main mod. If only I could see better! I am surprised I did not lose any arrows.
Also Thank you for making sure players remained hydrated. It was dangerously hot out and your efforts probably prevented tons of people from getting massively sick.

Sunday:
I left Saturday night. But I have one thing to say about Sunday. SO MANY BUG BITES!!!!

Thanks Guys. I hope to see you next event.

Aella
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 12:20 by Aella (Onirazael).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
03 Jun 2013 14:13 - 07 Jun 2013 13:12 #15 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Treasure-hunting with lots of different people during WitL. It was so nice to have a chance to walk around in the sunshine and chat in-character without any looming threat of death to worry about. Oh, and all the booty we picked up was kind of great too!

A constant source of joy for me over the week was those moments when a townsperson would see fit to cast some sort of magical or religious buff on Goggs, then playing out the appropriate reaction for someone of his ilk. Normally along the lines of "WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST DO TO ME YOU BIG WEIRDO." And don't even get me started on healers. Let alone druidics.

Boating on the lake with Theresa and Renee. I can think of no better way to deal with the mid-day heat. Other than perhaps taking a dip.

The song circle on Thursday night! Wasn't it great? Some glorious ditties from our celtic gentlemen, and a very smart re-write of Voltaire's "USS Make Sh*t Up" from Gus. Had me chuckling for the rest of the week!

Eating a Smore for the first time. Thanks Nathaniel. YUM.

Meeting the Baroness for the first time in-character. Cory was a hair's breadth from corpsing, and I'm pretty sure Goggs was a hair's breadth from being turned into a corpse. Jen, you're ace - thanks for dishing out a liberal helping of hilarity!

Actually, interacting with all of the Sylvans this week was really a joy - yes, even Crestingstar :cheer:

Messing about doing inventor stuff, making various bits and pieces, and working towards completing Cypher's machine. It's nice to see a number of projects coming together and approaching completion, and a first run of Goggs' "GoggStopper."

Oh, and that awkward moment when you accidentally drop half the inn. :dry: oops.

Maxine's Sylph, who I saw doing a number of weird and wonderful things over the course of the weekend. Looking forward to more of the same in the future!

A marvellous lowbie mod involving - of all things - the deck of many things. I may have lost what few IG possessions I have, but can think of no more enjoyable way to do so. As JD would say: thanks for playing!

Role-playing with "my" guests at Blacktree's Encampment. Such a fun little dynamic; not sure how this is going to pan out, but it's certainly fun right now.

Sneaking onto a mid-level mod, and being glad that I did. Zach, thanks for such an excellently marshalled mod, and a standing ovation to the NPCs involved in the same - they really went out of their way to make the encounter exciting and genuinely creepy. From jumping out of bushes and hiding behind fences, to posing like trees in the dark and then suddenly coming alive, I loved everything that you did. Curt, Nathaniel, Josh, Gina, Gio, and one lady whose name escapes me, well done and thankyou.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible in June!

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 07 Jun 2013 13:12 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift)
03 Jun 2013 15:02 #16 by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy)
Replied by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Oi... Highlights of this event? Hm... All of it, perhaps?! Now, as this was my first event, I can safely say that this was perfect for me, being able to see how the game works, and how the characters interact together. Personally, getting to know everyone OOG was wonderful, sharing stories and laughs. I hope that I may be able to return for the June event, and I hope that I may see most all of you again! Cheers!

-Chase Kosberg (shirtless NPC* guy)

*temporary status

OOG: Chase Kosberg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Aella
03 Jun 2013 15:11 #17 by Aella (Onirazael)

ShirtlessNPCguy wrote: -Chase Kosberg (shirtless NPC* guy)

*temporary status

Nice meeting you in the kitchen too! SO is the Shirtless or the NPC part temporary?

Aella
  • Albert
  • Just a healer.
  • Thank Yous: 88
03 Jun 2013 15:15 #18 by Albert (deatharcana)
Replied by Albert (deatharcana) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
I was not planning to go to this event, but to a situation concerning a... certain IG post, I had the chance to go. That being said, I am so glad that I did, because this event has been one of the best I have ever gone to. This one of the first events where I have seen with my own eyes that my PC is making an impact on this wonderful world and I could not be more pleased with that. A special thanks to Liam, Jen and Alice for throwing together a really awesome surprise for this event! You guys are awesome!

Friday:

-Coming in to the proper with a bandage over my eye was something of an idea I had just before the event. Glad people had the chance to see it before Angeliana healed it. “I dug it out with a spoon and sold it to get here. What’s wrong with that?”

-Meeting Kwildar for the first time and hearing about his backstory,while offering a few words of encouragement that released emotions Albert never experienced. Hearing others say “I love you" and "I care about you” to my PC was such a lovely moment.

-Having a rather intense talk with the Baroness... With Albert learning some things about himself, and me learning things about him. Had the chance to open up to her a bit of history, and explain to her thoughts about last feast and how he felt all of Winnie’s pain and suffering emphatically when the inn was attacked. A tearful Albert declared he never wants to see someone follow the same path that she did.

-Being escorted by the Guildmaster to the throne room, where the Baroness and Sir Sorel waited to give Albert his punishment for besmirching the nobles. What happened next was perhaps one of the most unexpected and shocking events in my PCs history. Albert was given the offer to either die for his crime, or ‘die’ and become reborn as the Page (later renamed Agitant) to Sir Sorel, a chance to redeem himself and become a worthy individual capable of preventing the tragedy that occurred last moon by inspiring others with words. Albert’s reaction of confusion was just so genuine, and the atmosphere of the room and music made it such an intense moment. I have no words to describe my excitement and shock. When I walked out of the room it was though I just walked out of the Focus! Seriously, thank you Liam and Jen for planning that awesome moment and making one of the highlights of my short LARP career!

-Being escorted around the proper by Sir Sorel and eventually sitting down with him, Kamei, Jade, and a few others while discussing some of the problems in Travance.

-Meeting Jun for the first time. I felt like that deserved its own highlight because…wow. Also learning the story of the Snow Queen…wow.

-The phantasms. Oh god THE PHANTASMS. Very amusing watching them run into PCs and start screaming and dancing.

-“He said WHAT to you!?” *Cue Hyena Laughter* Fun talks about with Alicia, Jericho, Sir Sorel, Arden and Dimetri.

Saturday:

-So Albert found a new game he will get the chance to play a lot! It’s called “Where is Sir Sorel?” The goal of the game is to find and stay by his side for more than 5 minutes.

-“I think you may have called me Hartwoode when you approached the group.”
“I DID WHAT!? OH GODS, I AM SO SORRY I DIDN’T MEAN TO!”

-Albert learning from Sir Sorel in an unorthodox way just how busy nobles are. He wasn't too thrilled with that lesson, haha!

-Relaxing at the lake with a few others, and having the chance to relax IG and OOG for the first time in a while. CUE WHIRLPOOL OPENING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE.

-Oh god, FEAST. Watching two Hobbits in an eating contest was just amazing. Being tease by everyone around the table was enjoyable as well. “What? I’m not smiling! Liars!”

-PINATAAA. More teasing by the dragoons as well. “I’M SERIOUS I"M NOT SMILING”

-Stealing all the candy that others forgot to pick up, and hoarding it all like a rabid squirrel. HE CAN QUIT ANYTIME YA KNOW GUYS!

-NPC Shift shenanigans! Going out as one of Ulzog's wolves was more fun than expected. Had fun chasing an Alisandrian up a tree and later chasing Swyft around the inn Benny Hill style until she attempted to hide in a barrel. The best part was that just as my wolf was killed, someone ran up to my killer and started attacking him, mistaking him for one of the enemies! That was such a brilliant moment!

-Stepping in on a reanimation RP for Alicia. Very intense and very creepy! Hope I did well, guys!

-Stupid o’ clock time! Featuring Albert finally realizing that having fun and laughing is not such a bad thing after all! And then Josh’s NPC showed us the ‘piñata’ he set up for us.

-This exchange before heading to bed:
“I always save those in need of help”
“How can you be so certain about that?
“Because I will never give up on them.”

Sunday:

-Sleeeep, glorious sleep!

Another great event as always, can't wait to see what is in store for June!

~Albert
OOG: Daniel B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Angeliana (Angeliana), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
03 Jun 2013 15:58 #19 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Re: the npc wolf chasing swift. That was the second time that event grimkjell got stabbed by friendlies! And it wasn't even dark that time!

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Dorn
  • Thank Yous: 45
03 Jun 2013 16:55 #20 by Dorn (Aradiel)
Replied by Dorn (Aradiel) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

Jack_Dimms wrote: What I liked most was the huge battle on saturday. Me and Doran (OOG Jeff) Just stood in the middle of that field and killed as many Gobos as possible. It was hilarious the way that Doran lifted me when I went down and just threw me in front of a healer.

Its Dorn my little friend, Dorn

Dorn Marblecarver

-Killer of goblins and Trolls....the filthy gits-

(Jeff Mclean)
03 Jun 2013 18:12 #21 by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy)
Replied by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Hm... Honestly, I don't know. We'll see what happens, aha. xD

OOG: Chase Kosberg
03 Jun 2013 18:40 #22 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
-The most fun I had at the event was hanging around Kaladonia with Erdrick and company and then hanging down by Alisandria doing research stuff. Some of you may know why these sentences are *insane*
-Old friends returning
-NPCing the little village militia and Cypher not just teaching my character to fight, but also teaching her Warrior Monk. It was appreciated.
-Maren, the most 'violent' of halflings. She really just liked making Braxel spazz out.
-Carlos' ever accurate card readings.
-I have a little over two years of manuscripts to re-write.
-Everyone so confused why Ilana hates Fel'narox so much (Well, almost everyone)
-Just randomly throwing coin/gems/goods at Tatsuya's table for my pretend tab.
-Hanging out with Zathir. We should do that more often or something.
-Siren telling everyone what Lord/Lady Blackthorne and I had just figured out. But, was kind of fun pointing at the notes in my hand to add on things and being able to keep silent as she talked. -P.S. I have terrible stage fright. Thanks a bunch Norm, I almost had a panic attack **glare** (<3)
-"I'm sure he'd understand" *holy symbol cord breaks in hands*
-Abyss trip? Didn't go. Flesh Golem? Didn't see it. Demonic Army? Flattened.
-Reanimated a poor Swyft. It was so messed up I thought it was one of the lullabies at first till I read through the list. WTF man.
-Psions at stupid o'clock/the morning. Ilana doesn't tolerate silly business
-Cypher *almost* getting Ilana to really talk about her troubles. You're the first to push at it. Good try :)
-I gave Danny and Arden Christmas Sunday morning.
-Dragoon Cats are definitely a thing, in case you didn't know.
-Port Valandra is going to be great

I had a lot of fun hanging around during the week portion and even the bit I did get to during the weekend.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
03 Jun 2013 18:59 #23 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Wow, so much happened considering I didn't want to go to the event.

First and foremost thank you to the guy who plays Bat Cooper for planning a simple mod and seriously allowing me to run with it, and expanding it to allow many high level pcs. i cant wait to see how this ends. Also finding a missing Vonwritter and wanting a finders fee ;).

Having an unexpected conversation with Lord Brightstar about how Kaledonia is a family and not somewhere I have to do sorcery to earn my keep. My initial reaction was OMG they actually like me :-P and realizing Tari needs to rethink this vassel thing.

All of the amazing people I got to meet and interact with while cheating on Kaledonias quizzes :-P

Sorcery interactions with Ethan, I forgot how much I missed you.

Loved Aleistars exemplar test, so amazing. But being continually disappointed in not getting to talk to him for more then 5 min at a time.

Geoff continues to frustrate me with your um...challenge ;)

Hanging out with my favorite"brothers" to propose to a certain Pendarvin noble. I have never been more impressed with charitable natures.

Really excited to reconnect with long lost friends. I can't wait to see how things progress from here.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Draven Erdboren
  • "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky."
  • Thank Yous: 39
03 Jun 2013 19:36 #24 by Draven Erdboren (Grundill)
Replied by Draven Erdboren (Grundill) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
too much went on this event for me to even think of a complete highlight reel.

the "fish men mod" was amazing. you all deserve a huge pat on the back for putting up with my inability to communicate with you, or really help in any way, shape or format. and a huge kudos to the pearl diver who let me drag him all over camp to find a more experienced druid.

more than a few interactions with Goggs and his view on magic and the amazing role play he puts out. you my friend are awesome and I hope to continue these pleasant conversations.

chilling with the Alisandria crew you all are my second family, and you all rule.

when Syllus is cooking it's nothing but epic meals and deliciousness.

Being left in charge as acting in command for 20 min during main mod threw Draven for a loop, as a former soldier of Kormyre he is used to following orders, not giving them.

"Roach is in a tree, should we go and help? "

Hrothgar and Jack, you both were a pleasure to be around and I can't wait to see you both again. no more explosions!

Dorn tossing Jack at our healer" Fix him"
and then Jack promptly running back into the battle behind his dwarven companion.

Draven Erdboren
Huntsman
Squire to Lord Lucius Blackthorne

OOG Chris L.
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
03 Jun 2013 22:24 #25 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Thursday:

Defiant cover lesson and ALL THE RP.

Friday:

That would be my NPC shift and then bed.

Seeding my mod was fun. All the phantasms.

JimJones Mod: RIP due to time constraints.

Saturday morning

REVENGE OF JimJones Mod: RIP due to deft off shift monster marshal redirect

Finding out that there were sixty bazillion things going on.

Baronial Information Meeting

Mass

Almost being a part of the first mission of the Baronial Navy! Carry on, good sailors, off to get bibs and bobs out of trees.

Getting my first templar lesson. Totally stunning.

Getting asked to be the understudy of the seneschal. Even more stunning.

SON OF JimJones Mod: RIP Due to even more clever maneuvering

The return of Klarington.

Finding out how to fix the anti magic zones and discovering Xualla's possible plan. I might be getting a vague focus of how this is taking shape.

Being asked to travel to Faerie as the representative of the Barony(no pressure)

Nice little main mod.

Chaos Orb mod

Being ordered to bed

Sunday

RETURN OF THE SON OF JimJones Mod: At this point I decided it was about time to borrow 2 NPCs, get things really super seeded, and hint that it will happen in June. 500 PC levels, some explanation, some more juggling, a little bit of awesome NPC-ness, and ta-da. JimJones Mod is good to go.

Lessons and lessons

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
03 Jun 2013 22:50 - 03 Jun 2013 22:52 #26 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

Aria wrote: Loved Aleistars exemplar test, so amazing. But being continually disappointed in not getting to talk to him for more then 5 min at a time

Try being his knight, you're lucky to see him for five minutes thre entire event :-P

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 22:52 by Kelly (Kelly).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Capt Locke (Jonathon), Jenn (JennF), Winks Sharpthorn (Winks), Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
04 Jun 2013 00:03 #27 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

Kelly wrote:

Aria wrote: Loved Aleistars exemplar test, so amazing. But being continually disappointed in not getting to talk to him for more then 5 min at a time

Try being his knight, you're lucky to see him for five minutes thre entire event :-P

Three of those minutes must include an argument.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
04 Jun 2013 01:43 #28 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
THESE ARE OUT OF ORDER BECAUSE I DON’T HAVE THE ENERGY TO ORGANIZE MY THOUGHTS NOW

Carlotta tarot cards were quite relevant to Rowan, except they caused a slight amount of worry.

NPCing as an ogre chief bully that got taken out by a waylay!
NPCing as the brute enslaved with trolls and cowering at the drow.
Impromptu NPCing as regular dogs (and not just wolves!). Getting cured and then happily jumping on everybody. Props to Justin for RPing those allergies, Swyft for the cat-dog chase, and a special shout out to the Baroness for being a good sport about it!
And also as an NPC, I was type-cast as – you guessed it – A hobbit! I absolutely loved that mod and everyone involved with it. Great job! I only wish we could see the looks on everyone’s faces lol.

Baking the cake. I want to give a warm, heartfelt thank you to for all of my little helpers who handed me sugar here, or cleaned a pot for me there. Also, I do apologize for the bossyness. I am the kitchen Nazi.

I was so excited OOG for gathering the clan together and staying in a tent all of our own like the old times. Unfortunately for me, this meant spider bites and a medical visit from Norm, but everything worked out in the end. Thank you, everyone for sghsgnsfgnsfgnsfgnsfgnaerdzbdfdgSDB

Finnegan the Halfling! (sorry if I misspelled it) I’m so sorry for forgetting your name I always love interacting with other kinsmen, but I’ve had my all-time favorite hobbit moments with you this event. I’m looking forward to future shenanigans!

Ohhhhhh, Lord Antrim!!! And other renditions of the song.

THE SONG CIRCLE! Thank you, everyone who performed beautifully and thank you for listeners. One of my favorite things to do is perform in front of a great crowd. On my behalf, thank you all for being a wonderful audience. I also learned that quite a few of you have wonderful voices and should DEFINITLY be heard more often!

Pre-game cards against humanity with Allisandria. Ya’ll are sick people and I LOVE IT!! XP

The wedding was beautiful. Aemorniel did a wonderful job presiding over the marriage. Mirwin and Ardin’s answers were so touching :’) Also, I’ll be teasing Tsoli and the Guildmaster with everything I learned from the visiting Silverbows. TIME STOP! *Grope grope* haha!

Being all embarrassed and ashamed because Rowan childishly rolled down the hill to the Bard meeting in the Pavillion because it was faster than hobbling. The Baroness was not amused.

The kitten! He’s adorable. I only wish I could’ve held and played with him.

There is more, but this is all for now, folks!

(OOG) Teresa Amore
04 Jun 2013 02:14 - 04 Jun 2013 02:14 #29 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Teresa what about Braxil Tinderfoot ;)

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 02:14 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
04 Jun 2013 02:30 #30 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
These are probably scattered but oh well.

Locating and/or gathering 20 of the ancient scroll fragments by getting scholars and adventurers working together in less than 2 days time. Even James seemed surprised we got them together so quickly. There is nothing we can't do if we work together like this. We’ll see about next event if we have enough to make shiz happen.

Bloodspawn Plot progress. Getting an actual IG letter reply via an NPC messenger while down in Pendarvin really was a delight. Nothing like an NPC asking for me by name and declaring “your eyes only” to make you feel like you’re a noble. Larry--your plots really do rock. Just saying. Talking to the three figures in the light church who my PC considers the leaders that people go to and she respects about the man she is looking for/expecting and being able to say that I need him alive and that if he comes, he must be brought to me immediately after explaining that he is not a criminal but in fact a very important man who is probably being chased by undead even as I spoke.

People rushing to find copies of the April issue of the newspaper to deal with phantasms and the utter passion the bards have about the phantasm plot is a delight to see. The amount of effort and detail that has gone into these creatures always astounds me and it’s great to see players actually thinking and working together. Selfishly I can say I am also glad people keep the paper I work on as we hoped it would be used. Amizar and I may have to send out another copy in the future including the two new rhymes for people to use as reference.

Angeliana’s gift. I hope that rose serves you well to remind you of my promise. You using those words back at me when my PC was lost in despair was so unfair but just what I needed to hear. Also--all of our interactions this moon just showed me how solid of a friendship we have IG and OOG. Even if we don’t get to hang out a ton because of shenanigans going about, it’s nice to have someone to have my back.

All the wedding nonsense--getting NPC relatives ready and prepped with Bill, getting the rings blessed by neutral clergy, making sure everyone knew their parts, etc. I consider it a pleasure to hear the compliments of both enjoyment in the ceremony and surprise that it actually occurred on time.

Post Wedding shenanigans from my uncle and aunt. Timestop, harassing poor Misaki into considering a sorcery change to “become a proper husband for me”, the fact he has no choice in taking our name, etc. It was nice though the conversations we had in Pendarvin where they said they were proud of me for taking a place in Chronicler’s grace. Being reminded of the family motto was also very much needed at that moment.

Everyone who had tried to cheer up this poor elf--your words were very much appreciated. Gideon, you were right. I can’t lose faith during this test. Bat--your loyalty is always welcomed. There is no doubt you are my favorite Valosian. Also--Alisandrian goofing around is the best goofing around there is. Thanks Goose for giving me a few great laughs.

Seeing Misaki being busy with all sorts of things dealing with his duties in Travance and also backstory bits continuing. (Luis, you are a terrible man but I am a much more terrible girlfriend for helping you. Hehe)

Boating with Misaki on the lake. It was nice to just get away and work together to make the rowing go nicely since we didn’t get to see each other much. It’s times like that I remember why my PC always ran from responsibility when she first came.

Baroness bonding part bajillionth. I have hesitated before to say the Baroness respects me until this event during our encounters. It’s nice to have such an powerhouse of a woman actually turn to me for advice on a matter and the sigh of frustration she gave since she knew OOG she couldn’t send me. Jen, you should just name me as one of your handmaidens already :p

Asking advice from the Baroness about the fact two of the Baronial Council Members wish for me to apprentice under them, and her commenting she is surprised Rudolph didn’t ask me if I would consider learning the ways of Seneshal but that it probably was out of deference for the two men who already have shown interest. Then Sunday morning being asked by Rudolph if I would consider taking on the position of Chancellor of the Arts. Guess this is just the game world’s way of saying I am gonna be a part of the council one way or another. That or I should just be the whole council all at once :p

Antrim’s gifts to Misaki and I for our work in Pendarvin. Holdings in Skara Gothe for the both of us, a new job position for Misaki, a minor artifact for Misaki to better protect me, and a big old book of 20 lores of my choosing. People can say what they will about Brodavrin but Antrim takes care of his people and we take care of each other. A great example would be when some of the Pendarvin men came to my defense when Sorel joked about having me tortured for information. If there is one thing our vassals don’t lack, it’s protective loyalty. The concern IG and OOG if I was alright throughout the event for various reasons just affirms my choice to vassal to the land. Pendarvin really has become a home IG and OOG.

Seeing Klarington again. It really wasn’t my choice but when Elawyn says “we’re going” and the Baroness gives you a nod, you can’t really say no. So much shenanigans on that mod to say the least. Yay for rewriting time.

Gideon’s final lessons. Gardening, singing circle, scroll making, etc. It all was a lot of fun. Though Aemorniel is sad to see her favorite student go, she is glad to know she has two new ones as of this event.

Ianto and all my interactions with him. Diane declared me spotting and helping keep him still to remove two ticks a fine “Animal Empathy” lesson if I wanted. Too bad my build was spoken for to feed into FP.

Doctoring lessons with Dr. Maxwell. While my last two skill lessons are on hold, I have become a dummy for others since Simon and I are often inseparable friends. Our decision to “keep” James, a new physician in town, was quite amusing. We’re such an old married couple as our characters.

Kristen and Steve--you have succeeded in doing something no one else has ever been able to do before. Not only did you make my PC cry more than she has done ever, you made me pick up a weapon. After nearly two years of being a non-violent character, those who know my PC know how big of a feat that is.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 1.001 seconds