Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

• Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
08 Jun 2013 01:59 #61 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

Aleister wrote: Spent most of my event in the lake. Too bad I'm running June. Whole event is taking place in the lake!

Lore: Sea?

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
09 Jun 2013 11:45 #62 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Late to the party. Oog's, you know...

I don't know if I have another Witl in these old bones, but it was certainly valuable for a noob. Some time to walk in the shoes of your character, develop some more subtle RP for them, and work through some of the absolutely arcane rule structure (thank heavens for oog advanced literacy.) without all of Travance's usual deadliness was much appreciated. Not to mention, a bit of a chance to get to know some of the folks.

I'm certainly impressed that the long time players don't seem to cloister themselves off into cliquey parties, It keeps the world feeling unified.

Some highlights: Halfling eating contest at the feast: Brilliant.

The immediate and warm welcome from the rest of the Khitanese gave me some good RP ideas.

NPC'ing fairy tale time, and the main mod. Note to self - Athletic cup...

Lake of refreshment > angry sun.

Many were most helpful, but special shout out to Croi after the sunday wake up shift - I was too tired after an average of three hours sleep for four nights to form a cogent sentence, let alone defend myself. Extra bardly maneuver with the positively last second save. That would be like an extra 500 xp in my tabletop!

Say it with me now: Arthur Goggins! You were a delight man. Your first s'more was like the scene in the Steve Martin's Pink Panther with the hamburger!

Overall, I am rather impressed with the community. I feel like if we lived in a real world where people fed and housed the poor, spread knowledge among the uninformed, and leapt to the aid of perfect strangers, there might not be so much of a market for this. I look forward to doing this again with y'all soon! There are so many more I would like to credit with excellent RP, and general good folksiness, but you are legion, and my naming memory went into overload...

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet), Croínamara (Jen), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Swyft (agentswift), Goggs (coryan)
10 Jun 2013 16:54 #63 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Reorganization of the white lotus trading company, thus sealing my position as high admiral
-recruiting several of my captains
-adding several new touches onto the reorganization
-explaining the promotion process to my more eager captains then sending them off to make themselves a crew
-having Rane sign the roster while selectively "forgetting" to mention the details of the operations
-hoping Verril's confession proceeds smoothly so I don't have to resort to "plan b" (its a secret so look forward to it)

skipping out on the guard's meeting as soon as I get the chance in order to as to facilitate the transition to my kayaking trip which I had already deemed more important

setting a new record for most booze drank within an hour I'm up to 20 bottles now a good improvement over my last record of 14 and of course not paying for any of it

of course counting my usual profit made after convincing more people to buy me booze

getting a new pair of silver manacles (high admirals need the shinier set after all)

coming to the realization that nobles don't seem to like me very much...

having my plan to ditch the guard's meeting fail twice when I realized the "distraction" I had planned to occur bailed and again when Crom wouldn't let me run away after "offering" to check the perimeter plus I never actually expected the lizardkin to attack Dregamire that was just good timing (for the perfect excuse to miss the meeting)

seeing more lizardkin attack the area where the meeting was taking place and pretending I didn't notice

mosquitoes, mosquitoes, and what do you know more mosquitoes had a feeding frenzy with my feet while I slept

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
10 Jun 2013 18:09 #64 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
I have a feeling Drega'mire is going to have a wonderful time discussing our ports with the White Lotus Trading Company this upcoming game.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
11 Jun 2013 17:06 #65 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
To add onto my favorite things about last month, Arthur was absolutely amazing, his role was nuts and honestly I felt like I was speaking to a future or previous Doctor Who. I can't wait to rp with you again and next time I'll try and keep up. Ginny was also an awesome person to play off of and James Demonfort the 3rd high mage of ale, Captain of the lusty wench is an amazing guy to hang around. Finnegan you were also a pleasure to play off of.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
12 Jun 2013 13:29 #66 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
I just wanted to say how happy I was to get to Knight Realms for the week portion of this event. It's the first event I've been to since last Week in the Life (save for a brief cameo last June) and will be the only event I get to this year. It was wonderful to see everyone again, even if only briefly, and to once more take on the mantle of my little elf lady. I got to see old friends, and meet new ones. I'm bummed that I couldn't talk to everyone all the time all at once, and that the weather was a bit too much for me to bring out my alt, but all in all, it was a great time. See you next year!

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
19 Jun 2013 10:27 #67 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Oh dear, so many wonderful memories to recollect...hmm I'll start with one of the most aesthetically interesting!

-Verrill (in his "londwyn Thinking coat") Rowan and Augustus paddling out into the lake-- recounting stories of cross dressing and lichs. The expedition ended with "Captain" Augustus denying Verrill any rank aboard the small paddle boat.
-Just going mad in general over FEELINGS! And every Andorran trying to hug Verrill into submission.
-Lucius Knight approaching Verrill and offering him the rank of captain and his own ship. "The White Witch" is still seeking a full crew.
-Being made head researcher on our large scary lich lizard. Every answer somehow making the situation worse!
-Meeting all the new players! again props to the man in the furs in that heat! (Grymkil)
-Every interaction with Goggins of course! Blacktree trying to murder me and my traveling companions with a box made of solid lightning!
-Puppy mod.
-waking up just covered in new spider friends!
-Being fancy new fish people! Innsmouth anyone! (also any excuse to jump in the lake)
-Verrill gettin back in shape and training his stomach with master Quan Lu. "You are the answer to their question" discussion was amazing!

Friday!
-Phenomenal RP I shared with literally everyone involved after Verrill's star crossed "heart to heart"! As Raquel aptly put it-- FEEEEEEEEELS! Proof that every time Verrill has genuine human emotions, the guard gets called in and nobles have to rewrite laws.
-Gettin muh face all burned up by our resident Rank 4 demons!
-Having a somber moment with a man and his corpse.
-Having a "friendly chat" with Squire Arden

Saturday
-Not so Nice puppy mod!
-Having a friendly chat with Squire Arden
-Aftermath of the feel-o-caust
- Having my KR experience come full circle by getting to play the Broken King (given he was one of the first big NPCs I met at my first game), and having a phenomenal time going full cornered animal as a tribal goblin on main mod! Seriously that was some amazingly fun combat to RP!
-the "MY TENT IS ANYWHERE!" argument with Keavy

Sunday
-Becomin best bros with the church of the light by accident.
-Having wonderful tea time... then everything changed when the rat people attacked.
-Killing a troll with muh barehands.
-Then becoming a master warlock

To sum it all up neatly
~The now Andorran Lars walking down to Pandarvan with Verrill on a quiet Sunday afternoon. a peaceful if exhausted silence hangs in the air~
"..."
Verrill: Your God is an idiot.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Goggs (coryan), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
27 Jun 2013 21:24 #68 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Aleister Wrote:

Spent most of my event in the lake. Too bad I'm running June. Whole event is taking place in the lake!

Never would have thought the lake would fall on Travance in the mean time did ya!

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.744 seconds