June 2013 Highlights

30 Jun 2013 20:24 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
June 2013 Highlights was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Ahem.... is this thing on? What a great event!

First I would like to say thank you to everyone for the great feedback we got on the new card system. Thank you.

Secondly, if you had an issue with your card this event please send me an email at to remind me to check into it. Exception ... if I reprinted your card then your issue was already taken care of and you should be fine. Other issues I'd like a chance to double check on before the next event.

I will likely post more later but that is all for now.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
30 Jun 2013 20:34 #2 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic June 2013 Highlights
NPC:
The 'Dust Devil'.
Goggins, the longest legs in Travance (His Windwalker was impressive)
Magnus eating her essence finally finishing her. (Literally. Matt ate the card)
----
-My scroll shield was very helpful. Also all the compliments I got on my scrolls
-Cypher&Ilana: SVU (Zach/Gus are able to explain it much better)
-Felnarox, a coward to the end in Ilana's opinion. Over a year of grief's over at least. Now just need to figure out how to destroy these swords (that isn't a scry. Gods, not a scry)
-Two chaos demons (Geoff/Tim) just wanted to flat out murder me. It was kind of fun at first and then it was disconcerting. I've never been hit with so many mental attacks combined in my 6ish years at KR. I had to finally take one (several). I haven't had to do that in years.
-James' 'utility' demon. I just didn’t know what to do about him. Marcella found him amusing.
-Watching Antrim, with the one spell packet I had for him, chase Kessia around the field and her fleeing for her life.
-Ilana's decided Erdrick can hate her forever for whatever. As long as they can work together, they do awesome stuff.
-Abyss mod. Sitting in a circle.
-Eating a possession because it made sense RP-wise. Tried kidnapping Sindarion, but that didn't work. Fought Erdrick and Misaki ("Wait- are you saying 20 *posi?*" "Yep" "Oh, okay" *drops*)
-Listening to everyone as a sustained corpse. It was interesting.
-As soon as the rite was finished, Ilana was too happy about something, she didn't take the time to feel bad. She starts getting to work right away. Poor Gideon. Then feeling a little bad after.
-Never get on Moirya's bad side. Damn.
-Drega'birthday cake 4(5?) AM in the morning. Was the best time for it.

Sunday:
-Arden/Ilana.

"Sam, you're always there first when Ilana gets 'corrupted'"
(One time he wasn't on the camp. I don't count the weird night I was Desperate Isolated years ago)
"Erdrick has radar that lets him know when he has a chance to beat up on Ilana"

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
30 Jun 2013 21:11 #3 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic June 2013 Highlights
As always, I had a great time! I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into making an event a fun time for everyone, so Thanks!!

Friday: giving the stoles for the clergy to the Bishop was great!!! I'm so pleased that they turned out nice. (Malcom - thank you for the generous donation for the cost!) I spent the rest of the evening hanging out with Rudolph and chatting with various people who stopped by, including Ox . . . who hugged Maralas in a big way just because she gave him a few coins.

Saturday: I got to hang out some at market faire . . . started a conversation about Valos, then I went and attended the Baroness. It was nice to spend some time with her just chatting. Hung out at Pendarvin while they cooked chicken. I got to chat with Lady Elawyn and witness a really great conversation between her and Albert. She's so thoughtful and she asks great questions. Later I went and made arrangements for the creation of an Altar to Gaia!

Feast was good. I sat with Kaladonians, thank you Lord Brightstar! Good conversation and good food. What more could I want.

NPC Main Mod: I was non-combat for the weekend, so I got to creep a player out (Sorry Angeliana . . . really, I am). Then I got to be the Hook! I never knew hooking could be so fun. Then I grabbed some bottles of water and found Sir Dr. Maxwell so we could help the players stay hydrated. OH MY GOODNESS!!! The NPCs were awesome! I was heading toward the portal with Sir Dr. Maxwell and I could hear when the PCs arrived. I swear that it sounded like a true hoard of demons. Well done to all who fought and respawned and never lost enthusiasm. I was impressed.

Sunday: Getting an alchemy lesson and chatting about Gods and Religion with Nigel were great times! I also got to finish my conversation about Valos.

I had a wonderful time and can't wait until I am able to be in Travance again! Thanks for making it such a great game!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Angeliana (Angeliana)
30 Jun 2013 21:14 #4 by Ox, Just Ox (OxSmash)
Replied by Ox, Just Ox (OxSmash) on topic June 2013 Highlights
--Ox's first impression of Travance was the bar at the Dragon Claw which, when we arrived, was completely filled with women. What a great first impression.
--Finding work including burying a dead sheep.
--Some people mistakenly call me "Rocks", "Box" and something else. ... but its just Ox
--Getting 5 gold from Mother Maralas ... hug worthy!
--Getting a great deal on a used mace!!

Ox

Database Development Deputy
30 Jun 2013 21:27 #5 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic June 2013 Highlights
--I was beset by ravenous shoppers at Market Faire who wanted to buy my stuff before I had even finished unpacking! In fact I made half of my sales for the day before market even officially started!
--Making a deal with someone (sorry, forgot your name) to buy some "bread and sausages" which I thought meant consumable commodity cards. When he showed up with actual bread and sausages I was floored. When I actually managed to RESELL the same food and make a profit I was even more amazed!
--The fans I had for sale were quite a hit. Next time more of the higher quality fans will be on hand.
--Finally finding someone who had Durable Goods for sale
--I got to teach three people how to do my Trade and all while actually selling things to people. Best, lesson, ever.

--I shut the box. (and it only took me one use of Second Chance)

--Tons of lessons, including combat lessons that included the phrase "don't actually do this in the LARP" as a caveat so that the training could be more "realistic" even though the techniques employed would not be safe for boffer combat.

Great event everyone!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
Former Development Officer
30 Jun 2013 21:31 #6 by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy)
Replied by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Hi There!!

Okay, let's see ... what was awesome about this last session?

SO MUCH!

First of all, just seeing all of these cool people again was amazing. I know that I'm still a n00b, but it's just great knowing all of you. :blush:

This was my first time at the Inverted Tower, but it was Caldor's LAST time. So ... he threw a party to celebrate. The sight of 20 or so people in brightly colored party hats heading towards certain doom was beautiful and surreal. [see attachment]

Staying at the "Murder Tent" in Alisandria was a unique experience. I kept waking up during the night, fearing that our sleeping area would be set upon by monsters. There WAS a monster sighting early the next morning, but the less said about that, the better.

Both nights, we were hanging out with a Demons. Not sure how I felt about the whole: "Consorting with Demons" thing, but it made for an extremely bizarre experience. GinGinny dedicated a song to one of them.

NPCing the Main Mod was the most fun I've had in a very long time. First of all, when Kessia began her casting, and started shouting in some dark foreign tongue? Just ... just ... [fans self] ... is it warm in here?

Unfortunately, I had a really really tough time recognizing people in the darkness, so I have NO CLUE who did what. But a few PCs were just awesome:

1) Someone knocked me down to zero. I was flat on my back, and just about to get up to respawn, when I saw his face enter from the top of my field of vision. With his face directly above mine, he made a throat grabbing motion, and started with: "Killing Blow One, Killing Blow TWO, etc etc ..." in the most intimidating voice I've ever heard. At the end of his count, he .... RIPPED OFF MY HEAD WITH HIS BARE HANDS. (Are demons allowed to be scared??)

2) Someone else took me out, but rather than start the killing blow count, he instead used Strength to lift me to my feet. He told me to duck when he told me to. Then he "held" my head, and started counting down. When he got to Killing Blow Five, he hissed "duck", and made a "Chopping Off the Demon's Head while Letting Its Body Fall to The Ground" move. It must've looked awesome.

3) A great moment that could have been a terrible moment: Someone came at me at a full tilt, swing aggressively and actually knocking my head back and forth really hard. I think I heard bells ringing. As I hit the ground, I was actually kind of pissed. It was just WAY too hard for a boffer hit. But just as I was shaking it off, the original PC came back to me and: "I hit you pretty hard, didn't I?". I said: "Yeah, you really did!". Whoever it was gave me a completely sincere apology, and changed my mood from pissed-off to completely okay. The reason that I'm mentioning this as a highlight, is because it really made the difference between a negative event and a positive one. I could have walked away from that Mod with a negative experience, but since someone took the time to check on me, and to apologize for that hard hit, it completely changed my experience. It's one of the little things that makes KR players the best I've ever played with. <3 <3 <3

Sorry to get so sentimental on that last point. But I really did have a marvelous time. A big part of the fun is that I'm just NOT AS YOUNG AS I USED TO BE, so the whole running-around-and-beating-people-with-foam-sticks thing really gives me a good workout. I know that I'll be sore tomorrow, but it's a GOOD kind of sore.

Thanks again for all the good times. I can't wait until the next event (that I can show up to)

Ambrosius Petrichor
Vassal of Alisandria

OOG: Craig Anderson (purple-haired librarian guy)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Elawyn (Elawyn), GinGinny GinRum (Pyai), Goggs (coryan)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
30 Jun 2013 21:37 #7 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic June 2013 Highlights
I am going to guess it was Bran who ripped your head off barehanded during main mod. That seems like a thing he'd do.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
30 Jun 2013 21:45 #8 by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy)
Replied by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy) on topic June 2013 Highlights
[Okay, I have no idea why that photo is sideways] :angry:

Ambrosius Petrichor
Vassal of Alisandria

OOG: Craig Anderson (purple-haired librarian guy)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
30 Jun 2013 22:10 #9 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Grimkell it was Elric that ripped his head off... I think

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
30 Jun 2013 22:12 #10 by Jundo Ku'lil'lo (momonifeliyador)
Replied by Jundo Ku'lil'lo (momonifeliyador) on topic June 2013 Highlights
(New profile because my other one is lost in the sands of time somewhere)

Had a great time this weekend (except for that part of friday night where I was sick and had an awful headache)! Sorry for throwing everyone for a loop with the whole playing a guy thing. Some of you did an amazing job at RPing around it knowing OOG that I'm actually a woman. Thank you for that :)

Didn't get to use my bow at all, probably a good thing as I'm still working out the kinks of my costuming to allow the arrows to sit comfortably without choking me via cloak in the process. And hats off to anyone using only a dagger as a weapon! I felt so vulnerable carrying one this weekend. But I really didn't have much of a choice given everything was a fire demon and well... wielding fire isn't of much use against them. I did however get to hand out plenty of Fire Shields to help out!

I guess my character is a bit of an oddball. Being upset hearing that the town rolled into a Valosian library and stirred up some trouble (even though it was justified) but had no problem helping out an Imp (and possible bad guy)

Which brings me to my favorite part of the weekend! Judge's Imp and James (as a demon) chasing him. The Imp was hilarious and it was so much fun in a group leading him around camp trying to keep him safe. Everyone shared a collective "Oh, hell..." moment when I attempted to Blink James's demon away only to have him jump ten feet forward instead to try to eat the Imp.

Later ran to get the Imp some water:
"Thanks, you're a peach."
"...I'm a man..."
*looks up at me* "You're a peachy man."

Great RP with the Mages Guild members throughout Friday night and saturday

Soooo hot outside. Danny and I deciding to go to the lake was the greatest idea ever. The water was perfect. Though there was one part swimming I found very uncomfortable..

anyway, NPCing a Gargoyle was fun. I got to put on lots of make up, which is my favorite thing to do :D and try to be threatening. It was one time I can honestly say I felt really connected to an NPC character. Having felt that I let down Valos by letting Travance get the books from the library. *sad* It was so much fun though.

Aside from two bug bites and friday's pounding headache I had alot of fun and it felt so good to be back! Hope I can make it back soon!

OOG: Hazel H.
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
30 Jun 2013 22:32 #11 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic June 2013 Highlights
It might have been. I know Bran was being super terrifying when he killing blow'd my NPCs in various ways.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
30 Jun 2013 23:10 #12 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic June 2013 Highlights
*Viktor threw a shockwave at Edwyn Haroldson and missed. Ate 10 Divine and woke up to one of the most powerful men in Travance screaming at him. And now he has to either recite the laws of the Barony to the man next moon or suffer the full extent of the law. It was all a big misunderstanding, I swear!
*Stole from a fellow Travancian on Friday. Thoroughly punished Sunday, and left with a great debt thrust upon him to be paid in full next moon, lest an even more terrible fate befall him every moon thereafter. Thanks go to that player. Funny how I hoped to learn a thing or two from you. Looks likes it the school of hard knocks for Viktor.
*Viktor succumbed to a surge in the presence of a Demon Knight and his horde. What ensued was a gruesome, arduous, and sassy duel between that Demon Knight and the Gilded Thrush.
*No one steals a killing blow from the Gilded Thrush, especially when the kill is from a Demon Knight! Shockwaving the Barbarian Caldor and putting his brother and wife in harm's way of a surge? The Thrush thinks nothing of it! ; )
*Some may call Hexing a young green-banded Elven boy dastardly, but it is important to educate the youth and pass down the wisdom of the Rom, even Gadje like himself.
*The Thrush's first Gypsy Truth used against another Rom! But no, he didn't bargain with the Demon Knight for power, he made plans to meet again on the battlefield, so that he may give him another Gilded Thrashing!
*Thought I would find a scholar to learn Lore: Elemental from, but Arza's outstanding lecture convinced me to instead learn more about True Warlocks. Arza, you had me at "Kind of- sort of Demons". Viktor thanks you for being by his side, especially after his freak accident.
*A nice little talk about Demons with Bat Cooper and Jericho. Thanks to your mentorship, Bat, Viktor will surely have much insight into the nature of Demons.
*Speaking about Demons, both Viktor and the Thrush had a nice exchange with Kessia and the hairy demon-eater Ordongrax Thricklebog, although they were all short. Viktor was distrbed by the viciousness the more seasoned townsfolk exhibited as they melted Ordongrax into a steaming puddle of ichor when all the man wanted was a drink. He is also disappointed that Kessia wouldn't answer his questions about demon babies and families or give him her autograph, be it written or burnt into a Inn bench. Much bartering of coins and Imp meat was needed to get a word in edge-wise between Ordongrax and his appetite, but the Thrush at least knows there are no grains in the Abyss.
*The Thrush is no Wild Mage, so what should he fear from Satyr's Wine handed to him by young Dragoon Reese? Nothing really, but he did put Viktor in a tight spot with the Barony, as well as making him eat a nice bowl of Retributed Surge. Oh well, at least the two gypsies got got a nice trip through the imaginary bouncy noodle forest for it.
*Many, many important talks, with people like Arza and Tobar, and many more confessions and questionings by Jack Cypher, Maxwell, Gwynned, Haroldson, Tobar again, and Ginyuki.
*Handed out some items and pep talk to my Kindred! Sorry to be such a burden on the Romani of Travane!

Thank all those mentioned and all those overlooked for my best event yet! Viktor is gradually coming into his own, for better or worse, and I owe it all to you for providing me the opportunities to be a student, a hero, and even a straight Bastard. Special thanks go to Orion (Kevin), Zellara (Jasmine), Tobar (Zach), Kromm (Connor), Arza (Caldor), Cameron, and Elias.

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Faila (Faila)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
01 Jul 2013 00:30 #13 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic June 2013 Highlights
As usual, so much sorcery. Given the temperatures and that I perform most of it in the Pendarvin Statehouse, I can think of worse ways to while away a few ours. A few extensions, a Demon Bane sword, an amulet or two - full plate and Good dice, none of which I rolled.

Friday night Pendarvin mod. Lots of Challenges, nicely overseen by Matt D and Kelly. I did riddles and fought a fire and mithril golem. After, our land as a whole fought a very active and powerful Avatar of Brazen, nicely played by Cris Z. All in fun, it turned out, despite an accidental shot to my lip

Pendarvin BBQ - Those of you who have not come to one, I urge you not to miss them.

Determining the circumstances behind Cypher's knighting of Corvin in about 5 minutes. Proving it in about the same time.

I have few regular apprentices - my students' first name is usually "Master."

After Carlotta assisted in a successful ritual using Gideon's wand, she returned it to him saying "Seems the problem is not in the wand." So unexpected - Geoff's reaction - excellent.

Viktor serving (poisoned) wine to me, which I did not order. The subsequent scene with Clyde and Emerson (along with Viktor). One of my better moments. Arresting miscreants in Travance is a joke. He said <<Ate 10 Divine and woke up to one of the most powerful men in Travance screaming at him. And now he has to either recite the laws of the Barony to the man next moon or suffer the full extent of the law. It was all a big misunderstanding, I swear!>> It is nice to be recognized by others, even when they are misinformed on other matters.

Lots of excellent RP with Kyra (Aelyria perhaps misspelled?)

Many newbs, lots of good RP interaction. This bodes well for the future.

Realizing two separate shifts in the kitchen (7 hours total) cooking or helping is not good for me in 85 degree plus temperatures).

Reading PIT DAWWWWG's posts and listening to his tales.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fortier (Greysect), Faila (Faila), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
01 Jul 2013 00:54 #14 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic June 2013 Highlights
I am really happy with how things turned out for Ben(for the most part) with this event; continuing master marksman training, helping close the portal for a few hours with a wise crack "has anybody tried doing" comment that turned out to actually work, and playing a key role in closing a chaos orb.

Friday night NPC shift
-lots of running around and screaming. Seeing the portal for the first time was really cool, though. It convinced me that Ben should probably care about it enough to come look at it once he arrived.
-Highlight was showing up to Ostcliff and watching them all run away from imps. That was the first fight I've NPCed and actually won against a group who could do something!

Friday Night/Saturday morning
-while out wandering alone, as you do in Travance, I started to see what I could do stealth wise with OOG skill. I am rather happy that I managed to sneak into 4 groups walking around camp without being noticed. The yelps of surprise once I started talking made it all the sweeter. Being told "You are the best at what you do" after one of these sneak ups was very flattering!
-Waiting outside the portal and watching team after team come to investigate without noticing me was again very rewarding. Hearing them talk when they thought nobody was listening will likely prove to be rewarding too...
-Meeting the demon of knees was a rather odd experience, but coming upon demons eating and drinking with town members really shouldn't surprise me anymore.

Saturday
-The mod to get +1 damage against demons for the weekend was fun. The repercussions of the events with Viktor resulted in lots of talks with lots of important people.
-The archer firing line to get the demon off the roof of the inn was very cool. Stupid warriors kept climbing up there to punch it and ruin our fun, though!
-Fighting demons in Alisandria was awesome! Starting out by "climbing" of the state house and having the demons yado my steady shots was so frustrating that I literally climbed a tree and started raining bolts. I really appreciated all the assistance I got in retrieving them so I could stay up there and keep doing my thing!
-Fighting Alex as a demon was amazing! He RP'd every hit like a boss and made the day so much fun! I knew I wasn't doing any amount of damage that really matter to his NPC, but he made every shot look like it was vital. Hats off to you!
-Being asked by Gideon to assist in shutting down the chaos orb outside the inn shocked Ben immensely. He had moments earlier just started taking his first steps down that path, so the request surprised me OOG as well!

Sunday
-The chaos orb preoccupied Ben's thoughts for most of the morning and preceding night, so he collected a veritable cocktail of potions for everything from iron flesh to true heroism in an attempt to not panic and ruin the ritual. Plus, I got to chug all my potion phys-reps as soon as we entered the portal! The chortle I heard from somebody in the crowd as I frantically grabbed for my bottles was fun, too.
-Some very personal RP with Gideon and Dominic while doing our work. I wish I could have had my eyes open to see what was going on, but the Ben found the abyss to be rather distracting ;)

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
01 Jul 2013 05:57 #15 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Wow, what an event for me. I'm changing the name of this event to:
Life tags for everyone...or how to get brow beaten by most of the nobility.

Friday
Got in late so my meeting was missed and I was the reason for it.
Talking with Sir Cinder, and getting interrupted again...one day I will finish the talks.
Guard duty of Alicia while she was following Kessia
Having Erza poke the abyss with a staff and having the abyss pull his staff into it
Watching Erza, Veril, and Alicia go into the Abyss with Kessia and me walking in after them
Watching the pure joy fill Steve's face as the four of us walk into the abyss.
Demon possession
Having someone come up to me while I'm possessed saying "good we need help there are demons down there." and telling her to go to the inn. As she walks/runs away shooting her in the back and having the other two demons attack her.
Luring people into attacks because "Anhil is hurt"
Blowing rapid fire on a player and watching people freak out.
Being stalked in the woods till six in the morning until Danny and Jade take away all my body parts but my head.

Sat.
Fighting and taunting people in jail.
Having the Night Captan to saving me (Thank you)
Being yelled at part 1
Crying on August's shoulder and apologizing for killing him
Submitting my self to the guard
Being yelled at part 2
ARCHER LINE for DEMONS on the Roof
Cookietree party
Heading out to the inverted tower mod with party hats
Itching powder on the main boss and it working.
Being yelled at part 3
relaxing before feast
FEAST
helping with a final witch hunter test
feast clean up
running the camp to let people know that main mod started
main mod
killing and dissecting imps like no ones business
archery line was amazing, one person said it was like tracer fire there was always one or two arrows in the air.
Coming back and going to bed
Sunday
being woken up at stupid o'clock and being told I was killed
going back to sleep
NPC

thank you all for an amazing event. I can't wait for the repercussions at the next one. I hope everyone enjoyed seeing Anhîl as a killing machine for the first time. He only took two tags but had a lot of people looking for him. Sorry for any one I dissected in gory detail it was all RP. See you at DexCon or next event.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
01 Jul 2013 08:42 #16 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic June 2013 Highlights
This was probably my most exciting and fun event so far. The plot was enticing, and I felt there was great levels of RP all around. I only wish I hadn't been so tired from a long week of work.

Friday:
NPCing a hoard of imps was amazing fun. Like Chris said, there was something satisfying about giving some real challenge and terror to powerful characters without having individually powerful monsters.
I also have to completely tip my hat to my wife for her CREEPY laugh and taunting. I was on her side and getting terrified by it at points. I think one of my favorite moments was hearing her laugh followed by "I HATE that one. Someone kill that Imp so it stops laughing".
Coming up on a small group with Anhil on the path (I really don't remember who else was in the group) and watching people pull great strategy to take us down and pull a retreat. Anhil was setting up for solid shots, and his team mates were doing everything to make sure we couldn't interrupt him. Well played by all, especially the guy who dove in front of spells thrown at Anhil.

Friday After Hours:
Strolled in as Caldor, even though I was exhausted.

Met a most amazing Faun who wasn't able to talk to anyone. Was thrilled that animal empathy worked and spent the bulk of friday.night being her guide and escort and learning more about her, and translating for others. I had to remind the wife on Saturday that Caldor loves plants, not animals, so she didn't have to worry.

Went to bed, only to see two of my friends brought into the monastery subdued because they were possessed. I couldn't do anything, but I tried to give any information I could from my bed as I didn't want them hurt if they could be saved.

Saturday Morning
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to those who helped me find my wife's watch in the big field first thing saturday morning. She had forgotten to take it off when we arrived, and loosing it during Friday night battle was awful. I hope the cookie tree's blueberry muffins were a good reward.

Spent the morning honing my recognition of the difference between the sounds of a battle that needs help and one that is ending just as I found my way there.

Lots of wonderful conversations with people. My Lore: Demons was finally coming in handy. Explaining to people that Wife and I learned it from a florist was the best part.

Some ABSOLUTELY wonderful low level mods. Really well put together. The Demon Knight and the implings was a LOT of fun. The RP on the monsters was done amazingly as was the RP of the ritual by the White Sorceress who we were helping. The bonus against Demons for the weekend was a nice benefit to boot. I also love mouthing off to the big scary Demon Knight knowing full well that every swing he does can pretty much drop me.

My favorite part of this mod had to be my interactions with Viktor. Man on man Viktor did you do some wonderful RP.... and damn did I enjoy cutting loose on you. Sometimes its so fun to be a Barbarian. I'm so glad you did what you did, as it opened up RP for the whole weekend.

I planned to rest up afterwards, but immediately had to run off to help some more people.

Mass was truly wonderful. I think that people who don't attend Light mass are really missing out on some amazing RP and wonderful insight into the game and world. Kwildar (sp?) lead a wonderful mass that probably saved Viktor's life. It was all about tolerance and forgiveness and what not, and it made Caldor realize he had to get past his personal anger at Viktor and focus more on the big picture of what the incident meant for the town.

Setting up our Inverted Tower Commission party was nice. I was so happy how many low level people were there, including a lot of first timers. Wife provided food, I brought drinks and Goggs brought party supplies. All in all it was a great time by all. I want to thank the Baroness, Anhil and the other very busy people who stopped by to have a toast with us. It meant a lot to have you drink with us.

Heading into the Inverted tower was fun. I'm upset with myself that apparently and NPC died with us and I had no idea. If Caldor ever figures it out, he's going to be quite depressed. The return of the Demon Knight was wonderful. I have rarely seen such amazing RP of wounds as for this monster. Especially how well he took and reacted to arrows and itching powder. Oh yeah, and I still attribute our victory to a commoner throwing itching powder on the demon.

Got Pickpocketed during the weekend. Fortunately, he only got my money, which Caldor never quite uses anyway. The only Reason Caldor knows is because he had to buy some hobbit pie.

I don't remember what I did between the tower and feast. I know there was a lot, and I was running around, but I really can't remember why.

Caldor is so PROUD of his brother for getting involved in the town guard. The place feels safer already.

Caldor was rather pissed at the start of Feast... telling a Barbarian he has to wait for everyone else to sit down first and then find a random seat didn't sit well with him. He was purposely causing a scene, and was glad when other non-Vassaled people agreed and just took over part of a table.

Feast was very yummy and a lot of fun. Caldor loved sitting with the group he was with and the food was a good fit. Once again he finds it strange to not toast the people who make the food, so he did it himself. The Bards did a wonderful job, hats off to all of you.

Post feast milling about and waiting for things to happen let me interact with many I had not seen in a while. I also exhausted myself running from scream to scream without finding the source of any of them.

Very happily passed on some silver weapons to new adventurers who were preparing for main mod with normal weapons. People did it for us our first event, and all we asked of the people we gave them to is that eventually they do the same for others.

Main mod was so much fun. I spent the whole time running around collecting arrows, delivering messages and battle orders, telling people where the healing circle was, and assessing people to determine if I could fix them or if they needed to be brought to the circle. I was really glad I learned Bear Strength to help pull people around.

My favorite moment of the night had to be when I was crouched over a body doing a first aid assess when a demon crept up on me and was about to pounce and take me out. Suddenly I hear a whiz and thum and "17 Lightning" as my wife's arrow soars out of nowhere into its stomach. Was an amazing save Followed immediately by "9 Gold" from the new archer from a different direction and then I think a third arrow from another direction.

Spent a large chunk of the mod getting water to NPCs and characters alike. If its hotter next moon, I may bring more than one wineskin to main mod.

Was thinking of going to bed after main mod, but way too much was going on. Helped out with a manhunt, but didn't find the person. Strolled back into bed at 2 am... only to find the Baroness, Gideon and many other very important people sitting in front of our beds in deep conversation. Sat in for a while, but when it started going completely over our heads, we went back to the inn. Sadly had to tell a drunken Celt about the meeting, so he came back with us.

Had a lot of fun explaining to people the greatest feature of a staff when you are tired and drunk.... stair assistance!

Some wonderful fun RP in the inn late at night.

Finally crawled into bed later that night. I undertand huge things happened right around me that night, but I was so exhausted I didn't even stir.

SUNDAY:
Woke up early sunday and had a wonderful time milling about with people

Helped my brother pick up his armor, and had some wonderful conversations about armor and crafting.

Helped with the Chaos Orb... Caldor is always thrilled when Germinate can save the day or help out like that.

Finally got to sit down for the lesson Caldor has wanted since day 1... Commune with Nature. Great lesson, and I'm glad others sat in on it as well. Thanks to a Fate, I got to use the spell immediately, and got to ask a question that has been weighing on Caldor's mind.

Had one of my favorite conversations of all time.

"You are a Barbarian... I'm a mage, how come you are ok talking with me"
"Look where you are standing. You are behind the bar with lots of booze. Bartender trumps mage."

Final Thoughts:

I think I did more good as a healer by bringing water with me at all times than I actually did with any Druidics or first aid.

Note to self: Trying to schedule time with Elawyn for a lesson is amazingly difficult.
Second Note to self: the lesson is ALWAYS worth it.

Really great weekend. Absolutely thought the storytelling and RP was top notch.

As usual I'm sure there is more and I'm just forgetting.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Fortier (Greysect), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
01 Jul 2013 09:34 #17 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Still feeling the left over fun from this event. I might be able to move again soon. :cheer:

Friday: Abyss demon battle. Ben and Zipedo make a wonderful evil team that is so glorious and fantasmal.

Saturday NPC shift.: finally got my chance to npc dread surgery. My mission for that wasn't just giving a bunch of insanity points. But I wanted to out do operation mod and hopefully I accomplished that. Also later during the before feast battle was the first main mod. I have no idea if he was roleplaying moving slower on purpose or tired or something but I actually was able to catch up to mat(magnus) while running. Whether he was going slower or not, when I take off my chainmail I can be really fast.

Sunday: chaos orb mod. HURRAY I CAN BE USEFUL!!!

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
01 Jul 2013 11:06 - 01 Jul 2013 11:28 #18 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic June 2013 Highlights
There are events where you can talk about what happened because it was so freaking cool, and then there are events where you can't talk about it because while it was so freaking cool you don't want to spoil any of the upcoming surprises set in motion by what happened.

This was one of the later of those two options. In the spirit of highlights, though, here's what I can offer (without FOIG-ING).

- really high level of rp on a lot of peoples' parts. I was particularly impressed with Grasshopper's portrayal of a torture victim, a certain gypsy by the name of Viktor...or was it the Golden Thrush....or Chaba...., one CRAZY son of a gun, and one doctor in particular with a very interesting perspective of what is and what is not acceptable in medical practice.
- two storytellers in particular that went with the unusual rp and made a huge difference in the character's lives; Steve and Kristen, thank you both.
- handing out over 7 minor insanity points and 1 major.
- Crack(ed) shield and "I DON'T WANT TO LICK IT!" (I LICKED IT AND NOW ITS MINE!)
-Spending time with good friends. "Here's the mythril manacles, now go get him!"
- As always, Master Witch Hunters doing a sure fire job of taking care of the supernatural baddies. I don't think I've ever seen a true warlock go down faster.

-Dread surgery is one of the most useful skills IG, and not because it gives insanities or gets you truthful answers to your questions, but because it can be used for SCIENCE!

This event really set the stage for future events, and that is awesome.

Special Note of Thanks: for all those who paused to ask me OOG if my leg was alright (which it is). I'm sorry if I scared you by rping a limp for the weekend, and I really appreciate you looking taking the time to check to make sure that OOG, I was alright, which I am. As for IG....well, we'll just have to wait until next month to see how that goes.

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 01 Jul 2013 11:28 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Fortier (Greysect)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
01 Jul 2013 11:19 #19 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Friday:
NPC Shift: I spent the entire NPC shift as an imp. Taunting people to play with me and giggling like a mad chipmunk. I had loads of fun scaring people and I think People were more intimidated and just ran away more than anything else. It's good to NPC something in just the right creepy way that make no one want to play with you.

Hearing of Anhil's and other's possession in the monastery was funny and entertaining. I hope ALicia learns her lesson in not being stupid and sticking her head in places she shouldn't. Why do I get the feeling that Anhil now owns her?

Saturday:
Lack of sleep was worth the entertainment I received the night before.

Had a blast at one of the lower encounters. Helped with a ritual. Fought an AWESOME demon Knight. Watched as Victok the Wild mage went a wee unhinged and attacked us (Well Grimkill, I just happened to be in range as I went for my arrows). Caldor's reaction was fairly priceless. This one was tons of fun and the NPCs for that shift were of course crazy entertaining.
Had a party! Silly hats! Food! Fun! To the people who were mad about the hats.. Don't hate because we had all the fun and food. Went to the tower mod in hats. IT was our last time, but we had tons of fun as that Demon KNight came to say hi. I think he was tired of us archers though and he spent his last breath trying to kill us all. Finding out that the second level was open to us, was a nice thing to encounter!

Feast was Feastie. It's always nice to hear people gossip and interact during feast. The bardic entertainment was also very enjoyable.

Main Mod: There is something nice about having a healing tent and getting to protect it. AGAIN I was completely blind at main mod. I hope we get the lights promised for next main mod so I know what the heck I am shooting at. This one was a lot of fun and I felt more useful protecting the healers.

Having tons of nice conversations with other PCs. This event everyone seemed to be at their most social. Was nice to meet new people and get better acquainted with some of the other players.

Going back to the monastery to see some big pow wow meeting.. Leaving said meeting. Coming back to the monastery to hear about MORE possessions. Lots of possessions this time in Travence. I think I am going to invest my build into not getting possessed. (Okay I know that is not plausible). Hearing that Gideon died.

Sunday
So much gossip about the night before. Getting to listen to it all. "Helping" with a Chaos orb. Having to warn Gideon about Victor subtly.. by waving my hands and shaking my head no behind Victor and then trying to act nonchalant when Victor turns around to look at me. Going into the abyss to get my butt kicked. Wishing there were more places to run and trying to hold a line. Having one guy single me out and chase me across the grass for 5 minutes straight. I don't want to become demon pie.

Relaxing while Caldor got his lesson.

Doing final clean-up and just enjoying myself talking to people. :)

Coming home and realizing I have HUGE yellow bug bites everywhere. I am beginning to believe Deet does not work. All the itchies!

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fortier (Greysect), Faila (Faila)
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
01 Jul 2013 11:21 #20 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic June 2013 Highlights
And so begins the legend of Jack Thorn, Woodland Strider!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
01 Jul 2013 11:44 - 01 Jul 2013 11:45 #21 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Re:June 2013 Highlights
My game was fantastic. Completely fantastic.

- Zellara returns!

- The Gilded Thrush debuts!

- Sorcery!

- Drama!

- More Sorcery!

- Portal Diving Madness!

- Valos!

Thank you Steve Oros, and everyone involved in the abyss diving. Especially Magnus. Dammit, Magnus...

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 01 Jul 2013 11:45 by Josephine (mferro54).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fortier (Greysect)
01 Jul 2013 12:52 #22 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic June 2013 Highlights
That was an amazing first game for me.

It was great getting into Travance. I made a new friend (literally. I befriended a wolf and painfully watched her get forced away from me), got to know many new people, especially Morthos the Halfling Warrior and Alister the human ranger, along with Aella, Caldor Eirson, Krom, Goggs, the High Admiral, Sir Gideon, the Baroness, and the Grumbleguss dwarves. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Friday Night: It was a shocking day. I was attacked by skeletons as well as a necromancer (i think), after recently crossing the rift. After successfully defeating the Necromancer, I found on him a letter addressed to the Baroness. Delivering it to Sir Cinder was interesting, especially coming to terms with my own vengeance and learning fully about paladins and the branded. The portal was terrifying, I mostly just hid back.

Saturday: Wow Magnus, just wow. I watched him eat the essence of a dust devil. Literally consuming every bit of the essence. It was vanquished and it left him with a little indigestion.
The mission with the White sorceress and the other low seasons people was amazing. It let me know the full extent of my abilities. And seeing Viktor with Caldor after the surge was remarkable. I now know the power as well as the stubbornness of the Guilded Thrush.
The Inverted tower was amazing. Seeing a full force of people wearing party hats was amazing, along with the encounter with the demon on the roof. I fought a demonknight I saw when I was helping the White Sorceress. We both had a grudge for each other. The Itching Powder saved my life.
I found my usefulness protecting the healers during the main mod. I saved lives along with ending a few.

Sunday was interesting, especially seeing a couple bunk mates die before my very eyes.

In Conclusion, this was amazing. I have nothing more to say besides just wow.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Fortier (Greysect)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
01 Jul 2013 13:24 #23 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic June 2013 Highlights
A great game!

Matt physically ate an item card to end a mod. No words. :D

Sam, Alex, and Vince talking about how much Cog love there is going around.

The best one-sided conversation I've ever had with Philadin.

Demonically possessed Moiyra and all the RP that came with it.

All of the politics.

Did you know that you must eat scrapple to learn sorcery?

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
01 Jul 2013 14:42 #24 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic June 2013 Highlights
This event was amazing! Here are my highlights in no particular order.

-Demons....so many demons and Ava still hasn't learned not to try and beat them mentally. Gained a few inanities from that including mild phobia of demons... that will definitely be interesting in the future.

- Talks with Angelina...Ava getting annoyed but trying to hide it even though she knew Angelina could feel it. Also Love is weakness is only the tip of the iceberg which may or may not be explored later. Also trying to prove to Angelina that it's foolish to love everyone also met in a stalemate of disagreement, perhaps one day one of them will change how they feel on the subject.

- Zelretch helping Ava walk around when her nervous leg was going on. It only proves that she had managed to worm her way into his heart finally.

-Talks with Angelina, Wormwood, Jade and other chaos warrior whose name I keep forgetting >.>

-Saving said nameless chaos warrior from his perhaps stupidity in jail with possessed Anhil

-Also poking said Anhil with her sword.

-The large amount of demons who were unsure whether or not they liked Ava based solely on her makeup was astounding.

-Being mistaken for a Demon by Jonas Kane only to have the town members to be like "Nah that's just Ava"

-Wormwood rending Zelretch's Arm and punching him in the face for punching Ava after they were released from their imprisonment. In Zelretch's defense it was her fault they got imprisoned since she didn't run from a tier 3 demon. However Wormwood's Actions only contributed to the horrible confusion that is Ava's mind on the subject of Wormwood. Kudos to Alex for once again throwing me for a loop that left me a bit speechless.

-Talking to Jame's Imp eating demon was great. Ava and Zelretch's conversation with him was great. He found a demon he couldn't eat and asked us not to tell the other demons because he would be embarrassed. Also giving most of her money to him was also worth it.

- Being "lectured" by Takouri for bad mouthing Ostcliff, the land she was a part of. Apparently Honesty isn't appreciated.

-So many times randomly over the event that Ava had to hold herself back from either insulting or assaulting someone for something they said.

-On Saturday after showing and not putting makeup back on because it was too muggy and the large amount of people who said they didn't recognize Ava without it. Also seeing a large amount of people who then had their faces painted.

- Being chaotically altered more than any chaos warrior should ever be ever. I must admit it's more rewarding in that instance to be put down by fellow townspeople rather than NPC's. They all took it well too :)

I am desperately going to try and make it to next KR because I don't thik I can live without it!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
01 Jul 2013 15:17 #25 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Event was fantastic for the most part...

Friday -

NPCing for Ben Oakley as a Greater Demonic Tamaril Boar
Eating part of Dominic Strong after he dropped
Chasing PC's around the mod site as I was trying to attack/eat them
Abyss fusing with Prime Material Plane in Ostcliff >.<
Going back and forth between the inn and Ostcliff to fight the demons

Saturday -

Lizardkin attacking the Baronial Guard meeting and seeing them work with demons
Sakatha harvesting my soul only to be saved by Dr. Maxwell
Going back to the inn only to have an Improved Herald of Sakatha attack the inn
NPCing for Tower mod, glad I could help the lower seasoned PC's have fun
NPCing Super horrible Greater Demonic Dire Tamaril Boar that was being rode by an Ancient Imp
Being allowed to completely devour the entire herb garden before some started calling lores
Beginning of main mod accidentally ending up at the inn as I was there as the boar
Alex B.'s NPC trying to control demon on my pig with no effect and me Snorting at him for trying
Shiku trying animal empathy on my with no avail and me trying to attack him
Having other people trying to help the boar to no avail and me ending up attacking everyone
The battle that ensued after everyone pissed of the boar!

Main Mod -

Attacking demons and getting so mad they kept respawning that I used my spirit
Chopping of demons heads or RIPPING THEM OFF WITH MY BARE HANDS!
End of main mod and the rp with the other Ostcliff dragoons

Sat. - Sun. Shift -

Rogues mod was crazy awesome and I had so much fun!

Sunday -

Early sunday morning being attacked and left for dead and having the Spear stolen from me
The RP that ensued from the Spear being stolen
Mirwen offering all the assistence she can despite having died during the event made Gin so damn happy!

Also all weekend seeing James as the Imp eating Demon was great it was such a hilarious persona :)

Steve you did a fantastic job this event I serious had a lot of fun!!!!

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lathiel (Lathiel)
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
01 Jul 2013 16:52 #26 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic June 2013 Highlights
PRE-GAME SHOW!

Friday, after only a few hours sleep, I made the trek to camp, and shortly after unpacking, hit my car into the picnic table bench outside the Armory. Doh! The front fender was busted in such a way that I couldn't open my door. (That's been fixed no, so no more Luck: Acrobatic Feat to get into my car...)

Then setting up around camp and picking up Sean's ice elemental from Home Depot for Kaladonia.

And now, for the main Attraction:

Friday Night NPC: Chris Zipeto as an avatar of Brazen was just amazing, and I was getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes as a shirtless fire golem that was previously the forge. Also, Charlie, remind me send any fire elementals/golems your way, as I got wrecked.
Shower time to remove makeup! Thanks for letting me shower in the Monastery guys, I tried to use as little hot water as possible.

Friday night: Going with Keillor, Bat Cooper, Quan Liu, and others to find an Abyssal Behemoth that had destroyed a village, and started attacking another. Realizing quickly we were overwhelmed, I ran to get help, and was chased by imps. Blew a couple windwalkers to escape, running and screaming for help, I found... POSESSED ANHÎL! Blew my Lucks and the remainder of my windwalkers. If only I blew that invisibility.... Grumble grumble...

After getting a few people to help, I got ganked by, you guessed it, The demon possessing Anhîl.

Finding the spirit of another on the way, and guiding her to the Monastery.

If there's anyone Augustus would want to bring him back, it would be Father Kwildar.

The ensuing RP of the ressurection.

Hearing Anhîl's been found, and arrested, and the only way to cure him is to kill him, and asking to take that responsibility on myself.

"We don't know if his will is strong enough to come back..." "Well, let's find out." "What are you going to do?" "Talk to him."

I think everyone thought I was going to kill him, which was disheartening, because Augustus sees death as the absolute last resort.

Taunting Anhîl's demon and having a shining moment of stoic courage, that lasted until I was out of it's sight.

The ensuing trance. It was a bit of a mix of Tempremental and Catatonic... I figure since I got Catatonic fits about this time last year, it would be funny to see some lasting effects of the insanity, even after it's been cured :P

One of Augustus' secrets is now out there. Yay!

Also, another Thank you to Katie, for my birthday present last year, that has become such a part of my character that it was mentioned during my Ressurection.

Going to get the rest of my things, and having T'soli, of all people, come to me for help. If he wasn't scraming about Undead in the Mage's guild, I'd have ignored him.

Getting there too late to help. (Literally the only skill left on my card that period was Dissipate Undead... Doh!)

Going to bed around 6 AM.

10 AM, time for formation training! Yay! (I think that's why my legs are hating me today...)

At the inn, time for my soul to be harvested by what I'm assuming was Sakatha.

Being saved by Sindarion... again. Waking up to see Kamei leaning over me... "Was somebody kissing me?" Unfourtunately yes, but not who Augustus was expecting. :P

Watching for Alex Blockus' demon, and after my original partner abandoned me after waiting for about 2 hours or so... I recruited Reese to come with me, and not ten minutes later, in the middle of an Evaluate Item lesson, we were attacked...

Warning Allisandria of incoming, and running for Moirya.

After that was dealt with, going on a last minute on a job, and ending up with a black eye, busted nose, fractured cheekbone, and sleeping with the fishes.

I must tell you, waking up at the bottom of a waterway, alive, is a strange feeling, albeit very serene and relaxing.

Walking into feast, sopping wet, and covered in bruises, but very much alive.

I need a new sword... Where's Ethan when you need him, eh?

All the meetings...

Main Mod was... interesting to say the least. Augustus was doing his best to protect people, and it was strange fighting with a different sword. Thank you Kleiden for lending it to me.

Leaving the mod early due to OOG Dehydration and dizzyness...

NPC Saturday Night - Sunday Morning

Hello, I'm Brother Edric Hillard, the Vampiric Priest of Galladel.

Finding Aemorniel and having some great RP there, a later OOG realization made it that much better!

Going out as Ghost, and looking for trophies, however, when I realized everyone was on high alert, I decided to mess with everyone instead.

Alicia: "I think this is the most paranoid I've ever been since coming to Travnace"
Ghost: "Waylay, Waylay!"

Thank you all for a great event, I had a lot of fun playing with all of you, especially Kristen, Chris, Larry, Steve, and Matt D. Thank you for being awesome Monster Marshalls and Stoytellers, and I'll see you all later in the month!

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
01 Jul 2013 17:02 #27 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Wow this was one of my favorite events in a really long while. Just everything, I really feel like I didn't have a conversation this month without it turning into amazing rp.

All of my interactions with Augustus that caused Tari more anguish then she's had in a while, which led to extreme moral wrangling over whether to murder Anhil terribly or not.

Chris Z you are just amazing at both your pc's. Bram is seriously making Tari think in ways she never would, I almost like a god now :P As for your other wimpy pc, well he represents one of Tari's greatest fears.

Judge's demon...a very unexpected surprise, and yes I saved one demon from another, very odd

Meeting Verril, learning he was no longer evil, hearing rumors, having him confirm rumors, believing he was evil, learning just misunderstood.....I think I need to get to know him and this little situation a bit better

So normally I hate npcing, but for whatever reason this weekend was amazing. I was energized and never stopped running. Everyone that I interacted with, pc and npc alike reacted really well to what was going on. I felt so connected to both of my demons. Thanks to everyone for the level of rp reached.

Talks with witchhunters, that only reminded Tari how much she loves those guys, and how nothing is ever going to be the same ever again.

Saturday night with Sully and Rowen, the mages guild that sticks together, stays together, we are one awesome group ;)

Watching a starving hobbit on Sunday, turn and tell me she was to full to attempt to eat anything else oog. Hilarious

And last James' side plot that just keeps giving. Thank you James, I really love this plot whether its over or not, I just want to help these brothers more and more.....this plot is so amazing.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank Yous: 0
01 Jul 2013 18:20 - 01 Jul 2013 19:20 #28 by
Replied by on topic June 2013 Highlights
I missed everyone so much. KR is so wonderful! Thinking about this weekend still makes me unbelievably happy and puts a Zellara sized smile on my face. Thank you to any and everyone who made this event what it was, especially the new faces! The first thing I was greeted with was love! I was scared no one would remember me--I mean it! The warm and energetic greetings squashed any insecurities I had about my hiatus putting me out of any loops, as well as my insecurities about larping, and I thank you for this as well!

First thing, I found myself, at a bar filled with people I did not know. what's that mean to Zellara? Time to make some new friends!! Ox, Luna, and the Landos in particular, thank you for the rp and convos!

Alicia and Zellara must go shopping more often!!!

Zellara's proposal scare, starring Orion Cahl and featuring Alicia Dura...as the Lando Lawyer put it *assumes mordor meme position* one does not simply marry a gypsy!!!

Rogue's Guild 2.0 is the most badass thing in existance. That is all I can tell you without killing you. but really, damn.

Splashing Jade at the lake will probably come back and bite Zellara in the coinbelt later...muah!

Zaffrin and Bolton, Zellara has developed a great fondness for both of you! Thank you for taking interest in my PC!!(!)

Carlotta, thank you for the card reading, it was lovely!!! And the sword!!!! I missed you<3

Viktor, thank you for the gypsy drama!

Tobar and Orion, thank you for taking care of me to the best of your abilities :)

Manning the bar was my favorite part of the weekend.
And sorry about the bouts of...interesting change--Zellara can't count! She just learned to read and write in the common language...what do you expect! I don't know if anyone realized this; she was trying her best, and trying to cover it up--she loves her new job! Quan Lou and Tsoli, thank you for making that happen!!!!

Best moments at the bar: Tsoli drunk, Celt drinking contest (special shoutout to those two, Z sends her love), satyr's wine, Mairin, dahling, our convo made my night! Mister Wormwood being himself (Zellara missed you!), a BIG kiss from one drunken little Miss Dura (take that, fanclub!!)

All the kindness (and tips) were greatly appreciated! Zellara made so many new friends, mostly with people in and out of game that i had hoped for rp with--the bar delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zellara didn't stop talking all night--

until she was left alone behind the bar when everyone went to help Kaladonia, was waylayed, carried out to the grove, tortured adn killed. yeah.

EM
ER
SON

Thank you for such a wonderful bit of NPC gold.

Speaking of NPC's, Zach, thank you so much for my little part!!
Jen, thank you for the awesome makeup!!!! I didn't want to take it off, I loved my costume for her!
Drew, thank you for being so scary--those couple hours were really awesome!
On this shift I met a few great new people OOG, especially Alice and Stacey, meeting you IG was just as lovely!!

Now, back to my lost life-tag, Marika, big sister Sam, thank you so much for the phocus walk RP...I wish Zellara could remember it!

I really loved the energy I got from a couple new faces, especially the lovely Akira (spellong?), Geo (forgot your IG name, again!) and my darling, darling Scotsman.

Our strong accents do not clash, and RP with you is actually the best, I hope to see more of you next month!!!!

Also, Shoutout to Kaladonia for letting me ne the gypsy that sleeps on your floor...I love you OOG and Z enjoyed the time she spent with everyone--Corteccia, thank you for taking care of me in my after-phocus state of shock, Lady for being such a badass about night-fighting, you made a really inspiring impression on a girl who had just helplessly been killed, Cappy and Arden's Sunday lesson that I interrupted to be silly a couple times, Lord for unearthing the truth--yes, I talk to my coinbelt!

And a special thanks to Orion, thank you for naming the Gambling House for Z. Kev, I love you!
Last edit: 01 Jul 2013 19:20 by .
01 Jul 2013 18:51 - 01 Jul 2013 18:51 #29 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Friday:
-I fought Pendarvin. Pendarvin won.
-Much respect to Cy for figuring out the correct tactic to use against a mithril golem.
-Iron golems make dwarves cry.
-How many waves of PCs does it take to kill 3 rampaging demons? The world may never know.

Saturday:
-Thank you Drew, Jas, Jen, and everyone else who helped me unleash my personal demon upon the town. I hope Raquel, Gina, Ben, Ben, Gaylord, and the others I can't remember enjoyed their trip to hell.
-Finally getting to PC and immediately running into fallout from my mod.
-Viktor, I like you, but you're my new Balthier!
-Demons
-Seeing Zellara again
-Demons
-Mage's Guild meeting
-Demons
-The Magnus song. It never gets old.
-Demons
-My brand new sword, which is bane against...
-Demons
-Zipeto, Emerson, nicely done. You've given me someone new to hate.

Sunday:
-Lessons. All of them.
-Bard meeting. Even though our friend didn't drop in on us, it was very interesting and emotionally charged. Also, Dinnerdark.

Can't wait til July!

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
Last edit: 01 Jul 2013 18:51 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fortier (Greysect)
01 Jul 2013 20:34 #30 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Zach: Viktor as your new Balthier? That's high praise!
Sean, from what I've seen and more that I've heard, you are becoming everything you hoped and a whole lot more! As an rp marshal and as a player who has had the pleasure of enjoying your rp, keep up the great work.

Eli
RP Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Croínamara (Jen), Fortier (Greysect)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 1.024 seconds