July 2013 Highlights!

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
28 Jul 2013 21:02 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
July 2013 Highlights! was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Good times, all around! In no particular order...

Gene's first event running plot for KR! Good stuff man - looking forward to more!

Kristen M. as Counselor Morganna. Beautiful, while also creepy at the same time. Very alien IG, great RP OOG.

Sir Tellinghast's Birthday! It was great to be able to relax and socialize.

The weather for the weekend was almost perfect - cooler, and the rain held out (mostly).

All the new players from DEXON that joined us! Welcome!

Weeding the garden! Return / volunteer plants from last year coming back up!

Seeing Morwenne again. Alicia is always a blast to RP with.

Lessons, lessons, and more lessons. It occurred to me this event the reason I never get any smithing or sorcery done, is I am teaching almost all the time...

Finally having Mabel Magellan come into the game. Gina and I have been planning this for a while, and it went off about as well as can be planned. And it'll just get... more interesting from here!

Unfortunately, I missed Feast due to a OOG wedding I attended, so I missed some social stuff. Can't wait for August!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Arden (Shelby)
28 Jul 2013 22:00 #2 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I keep finding that each event s more in depth RP than the last. This event was no different, getting cranked up to 11 in many aspects!

-finally being out of the long spell of demon plots is nice. Props to Gene for arranging that.

-learning a mountain of new skills was awesome.

-dying was the big highlight of the weekend. As the corpse was dragged around and waved in front of doctors and the like, the responses had more "wait, Buckles is dead‽" than I had expected, particularly by people who I've never interacted with.

-the resurrection process was incredibly odd. The consequences of my "road less taken" solution are going to be fun...

-the weather finally allowing bagpipes to be played again was fun, but now I need to greatly expand my repertoire of tunes!

Overall, great event and I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jade Peverell (Angel M.), Aella (Onirazael)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
28 Jul 2013 22:23 #3 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
So after recently turning 18 I thought I would die again this july like i did last year. BUT I TOTALLY SURVIVED! I beat the birthday curse!!!

Seeing everyone again was a blast It's always fun to see you all again. Gotta say Gene you run a fun weekend.

People thinking I have started my master witch hunter training. :-) Its flattering guys but roleplay says dominic wont be for a while unless more epic roleplay happens.

Finding that most of feast remained uneaten during cleanup and had my own excepades in getting about 20 pounds of pasta into a garbage bag that wont rip and into my car to take it home.

I can't wait to see you all again in August.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
28 Jul 2013 22:33 #4 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I'm going to do a special Highlight post this weekend which i call GrimKjell's July in Travance, the musical! So I'll be linking various youtube videos for songs and musical tracks I think were appropriate.

First off: Grim meeting with Gideon and getting lent his sword. There's only one thing bad-ass enough for Gideon's Sword Ashmaker:

Second: Though it happened first, grim and Elric roleplaying and working on his armor, and grim learning how to assist:

Third: The first nonstop newbie mod with the reagents and the very strong undead with the THROW ability.
Also repping us sneaking around a lot.

Fourth: Spider newbie mod
this was terrifying and creepy and great There was something of a dance-like quality to it.

Fifth: The newbie mod where we were led into the temple, helped an angel of Chronicler, and face off after wave after wave of foul gnolls, making a great stand.
Also added points to Caldor for being the moral heart of the newbies, as usual.

Sixth: The inverted tower, complete with undead and horrible traps everywhere!

Seventh: Grim learns to read the CELT AND BARBARiAN way thanks to crazy bran.

8th: The massive brawl that was main mod, complete with a song to represent just how messy it was for Grim and Buckles in particular
(Warning, extremely brutal song)

9th: The reanimation of Moira
That was just TERRIFYINGLY GROSS.

10th: Domestic dispute mod with the guard.
It was HILARIOUS and well roleplayed.

11th: The singing gypsy wakeup mod. Complete with every song that I knew the lyrics to even partially
Good morning!
Oh what a beautiful morning!
and singin in the rain

12th: Pirate mod on sunday!

Honorable mention particular to the coasthaven who was drunk the entire game IG and was flirting OUTRAGEOUSLY with the baroness his first time in the proper. marty you are AMAZING.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fortier (Greysect)
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
28 Jul 2013 23:28 #5 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
Friday:
*Talks with Orin "Ori" Tenderson and Tobar. Viktor waits anxiously for his chance to prove he can "Walk out from the shadow of his demonic heritage." Thanks for your support, guys, and here's hoping you get wrapped up in some hijinks, Mr.Tenderson. Sorry, Tobar.
*Paranoia. Did That Man send an agent in his stead? Will I have the money in time? And what of the Mage's Guild? Viktor wears his cape in a futile attempt to conceal himself.
*Successfully recollected the Barony's "Crimes against the Person" before Edwyn Haroldson. Viktor was happy to see Edwyn satisfied, and had the gall to ask for favors after the test was over, but Edwyn expected more from the gypsy. Here's to more lectures and charges from Mr.Haroldson.
*Lighting the Torches with Mother Remy and Hunter the Celt. Remy was such a big help, in and out of game. First off, she had bubbles of protection, which saved us twice from the Lizardkin. Second, out of the three of us, she was the only one who could reach over the torches to fill them with oil and light them, and she didn't even expect a reward. Third, after I fled from the Lizardkin for a second time, I left the lighter I borrowed from logistics with her, and after at least twenty minutes of looking for her, I had heard she delivered the lighter back to logistics... after a trek into the Abyss (may need clarification)! Viktor and I are very grateful for your helping hand and generosity, and hope we don't become a burden to you again in the near future.
Saturday:
*Stumbled into a low-level mod featuring Gnolls and a sliding block puzzle that may or may not have been bypassed without being solved. Didn't matter to Viktor, cause he snatched a pretty jewel from an unsuspecting puzzle solver! Gyppo's gotta eat...
*...And then there was the Spirit of Memories. A creature of Chronicler, Viktor suspected. Instead of feeding her his own history, he cobbled together a half-baked story on the spot, something about a Coast Haven boy named David living in a tower of gold and wax or something. Guess validity didn't matter to the spirit, because he still got a Fate of Power after the ordeal was done. Good job working on that plot, Zach and Mary! And apologies to the NPCs whose names escape me, I thank you, too.
*My first (and last?) Inverted Tower mod. Viktor has seen and felt some terrible and disgusting things, but no place in Travance had been quite as dreadful as the Tower, with its crowded and musty halls as much of a foe as its denizens. This mod took me back to the Necromancer mod featuring the meat freezer and the smelly abomination, because both mods included sensory description I haven't often experienced as an amateur adventurer. The floors were slick with slime, and the feeling of dread I experienced just walking down empty corridors felt almost supernatural. Viktor would have surged if he had just one more push. I love the Tower, and I want to experience it more. What is it even there for?
*I heard people laughed when Viktor got caught in that Snare in the Inverted Tower. Show of hands, who laughed?
*Adventures got in the way of Questioning. The Guildmaster didn't like this. The Questionings with Moira and Tobar were both very enjoyable, and I hope they are the resolution my Kindred were looking for. It hurts me to cause Tobar so much trouble. hopefully that favor he owes Viktor doesn't come to bite him down the road.
Sunday:
*Me, a Grim Guardian, versus a poor shirtless Gambler in Alisandria. Pesky scoundrel climbed a tree! I can't cut down trees! Also threw all my break limbs at him, each one defended with a Dodge or Luck Dodge. Well met, bare skinned scalawag. There was also a funny exchange between the man and Mr.MacKenzie. They were yelling at each other from the tops of trees "What do you mean you didn't bring your Crossbow!?" or something to that effect.
*Sven the Gypsy and his Romani Morning Call Crew paraded about Travance, and not only was there no bloodshed, but he made off with a pair of exquisite shields! I apologize to any fellow NPCs who might have thought I got carried away. Bran made an attempt to get the shields back, and though I am not sure if he was successful, I do know he got Hexed. Good job pursuing us, Bran, and I hope your Hex doesn't embarrass you too much! Sven's exploits went on to inspire the name of...
*Marvin "Two-Shields", a Coast Havener who worked the docks before the Scalybacks attacked. He challenged the Dwarf Killthicke Ironwrought to a drinking contest and emerged the victor, collecting a pot of five gold as divided between him and those who bet on him. Thanks to those who threw in and made the drink-off actually mean something. Hope you get those Tolerance lessons like you wanted Ironwrought!
*A crew member of the pirate vessel Blue Bastard eyed an specimen of the exotic Katta race, and took part in the wild goose chase to capture her and run a Naval Zoo and Freakshow. A wild goose chase ensued, but not before most of the crew was pacified by Mother Remy's divine power. All that chaos and role play wouldn't have been possible if not for that Satyr!

Hope you all had as good of a time as I did! From the looks of it, next event is going to be a doozy in the coolest way.

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy), Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
29 Jul 2013 09:51 #6 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I was so happy to make it back to KR, even if I arrived before Main mod and could only NPC the rest of the weekend. It felt good NPCing since I haven't in forever haha

Lizard kin Herald. I loved beating up everyone, but particularly Lord Brightstar and Orias Wormwood. Also, I tried not to growl like Keavy does, but perhaps it showed through a bit since I remember hearing someone say "Wait...Isn't that one on our side?" Also, TRAMPLE.

Then, Law and Order: Travance. Played a housewife Anna who's son was kidnapped. However, the son was kidnapped by his biological father who wanted to save him from the Anna's husband Sven who was abusive. She did NOT want anyone knowing the truth. Really awesome RP from everyone. Justin, you seriously deserve RP points.

Then, ghouls and shadows! "5 damage, 5 damage, 5 damage, hide in shadows stealth!" "OW. Dammit! Where'd it go?!"
Also "Hey, Orion, I slept with your sister."

Then sleep in the car! Not as comfortable as I thought, but no bugs and being dry was a plus.

Then dying mother, AKA "Make Angeliana Feel Even More Horrible Than She Already Does" mod. I loved that people had to try stopping her from life swapping with the mother. Also loved this moment after having the mother in a soul stasis:
Aemorniel: She's passed..
Angeliana: What?! How?!
Aemorniel: She....Slipped. >_>

Then....PIRATES! Captain Azul of the Blue Bastard and her color coded crew! Also "Oh it's a giant cat/bird thing/goat person/tree person. I want it."
Plus:
CaptainA: Huh, its a tree person. I want it.
Caldor: You can't have her, she's my wife.
CaptainA: A tree is your wife?
Caldor: Yes.
CaptainA:...You F*** a tree?
Caldor: -proudly- Yes I do.

Great times. Can't wait to come back as Keavy hopefully next month!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy), Nicoletta (fyperia), Augustus (OEBlaze), Angeliana (Angeliana), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Aella (Onirazael), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
29 Jul 2013 10:00 #7 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
-Ilana has Belegchand and Aemorniel back. Scholar adventures commence (we have tons of students to drag on our crazy schemes now too!)
-Lovely NPC role that didn't end till 7:30-8 AM, resulted in me not sleeping, but was worth it.
-"Why are you dressed like that?" A day of compliments and strange looks from a distance. At least Ilana explained to those who asked.
-Seeing Barak/Jason again. His birthday was cool. Seeing Morwenne and others who haven't been around.
-Working with a skald and helping some new alchemists out with an experiment.
-Ilana just wanted to have a good night after beating up Sokatha (Great set-up Gene, btw) But she was turned down at every occasion.
-Ilana thought Mable had called her a boy and she had been so angry at everyone else, she just walked away to avoid saying anything rude. But, later, they had a chat and maybe they're just fine hanging out together.
-Babysitting. Ilana just wanted someone to really talk to her about it. No one did (Jack, you missed your chance! :P)
-Fighting the Vermin Swarm. Ilana was surprised it remembered her, but was happy to electrocute it into the ground. At least we kind of have a plan now. Sindarion tag teaming it with me was pretty awesome.
-I taught a lot of lessons and treated more than a few insanities. I even got to use doctor skills I haven't been able to in a long time. I liked it a lot. Sorry to the nice bard I nodded off in the middle of the literacy lesson with (Go back to no sleeping) and the physician I could not find Sunday to give lessons to :/

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
29 Jul 2013 11:34 #8 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
This event was just amazing, every event lately the rp just increases exponentially. First asking Orion to assist me with something, a person that I'm not sure I've ever interacted with, and then literally spending a large portion of my event with after. This will be happening again.

A friendship that has reached many new levels with Bran and Angeliana. Alice, you're rp was amazing, and you've given me so much to react too.

Starting to see the ig truth of what I know oog related to Seamus....Always having Seamus and Kiellor be stubborn asses who never give up....Thank you :P That leading to a crazy made up on the fly ritual that sort of went ok. Sorry to anyone that was disappointed about the results, I had reasons for my rp though I promise.

Telling everyone I was better, despite many not knowing there was a problem. Being really surprised at everyone's reactions to what I told them. I told the Baroness and after hearing that she was disappointed in me, finally telling the Baroness that she scares me and I can't talk to her. Somehow I think this conversation may change my whole relationship with her.

All of the controls going on in my head and all of the enfeebles to save me. One of my favorite moments, deciding I wanted to stay with the demon forever, and convincing what I thought was everyone to leave me...but apparently Orion wasn't fooled, and once again Dr. Maxwell saved me and pulled me out of there.

I can't even describe all of the amazing rp that occurred with my ritual. But to all of the amazing and stubborn people involved, IG its amazing to see how much all of you care about Tari, oog its amazing to see how great you guys are at the rp. You all are willing to do anything for a great show.

Pesmerga's return and just everything that goes along with that, I have no words other than I just can't even wait!!!!!!

Getting to see Connor's new pc, and deciding I'm probably just going to get along with every character he plays. Also loved getting to see Danielle again, and yeah...domestic disturbance, kr version

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
29 Jul 2013 12:21 - 29 Jul 2013 12:29 #9 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
Pre-Game: Thanks to James for giving me the results of my last event commune with nature. Very interesting stuff thats leading to great character interactions and RP.

NPC: (Friday Night)
Skeleton in the woods was a lot of fun. The PCs did a fantastic job of engaging us and defending against us. Augustus cracked me up when he used an ability and was like "Finally its useful!!!"
Lying on the ground in the forrest for like 20 minutes for PCs to arrive should have sucked, but I was with wonderful people, and we had a bunch of fun.
Being a Dark Druid Ritualist was interesting. I really hope we creeped some of the players out.. Sadly, I didn't get to fight back as much as I had hoped, as I had my arms taken off immediately.

PC: Friday-Saturday
Getting Wife's Armor from Gideon, and picking up my Druid's sickle form a dwarven smith.
Whoever thought of spider Capture the Flag type game was brilliant. It was an amazingly fun mod. And one I completely forgot to put on my recap form. Damnit. Caldor is definately helping build the sanctuary between events, if they let him.

Hung out at the inn and talked with friends. There is something so nice about coming into play after the 2am mark that lets you just have some fun socialization.

Discussed my Fates related visions with my Gaian clergy for some spiritual advice.

Finally managed to get set up with Croi to do my phantasm related commune with nature at about 4 am... Watching Croi wander back and forth and rant in front of the tree was so entertaining. Thank you to everyone who came over and just made the scene brilliant. I'm glad Xod even came up in the discussions!!! He's 9, since you were wondering.

After coming out of the tree, going back into the inn to go over the visions. At first it seemed like it was all stuff that everyone already knew, but then some info seemed to be very helpful. I'm so loving that spell. I hope to have more excuses to use it for plot.

Yawn... time to go back to bed... oh no... spear to the chest. Damn Lizard Kin. Finally got to bed at 6 am. The sun should not be coming up before I go to bed.

Saturday:
Woke up at 10... and really don't remember what I did that morning other than getting Ree in her armor.

Tried to join up with a group going off to help someone, but lost them. Ended up wandering around with some new people and some friends and got into some trouble with Lizard-kin. Successfully held them on as we drew them back towards some more powerful people, who took care of them.

Ended up traveling with Baroness, Elawyn, Typhon and some nobles back to the Inn. Was uber thrilled to be offered to become Typhon's disciple. As we passed the Monastery, I offered everyone cookies. The Baroness put her arm out in the "go ahead, twist my arm" position. Caldor did, and then of course came the realization that it was assaulting the Baroness and a very dangerous crime. Thankfully she is considering a pardon because of the quality of the cookies.

Helping a merchant retrieve an artifact, but instead giving the artifact over to the spirit by the door who clearly needed it and pissing off the merchant. The dungeon was really well handled and the Gnolls were RPd very well. I especially loved watching them RP against the wall of thorns. The RP at the end with giving our stories over to the spirit really was moving. I wish I had known other things had been delayed so I didn't have to bail before hearing everyone's story. The Fate of Power was a wonderful reward that was better than any trinket, gold or item that I could have been offered.

Being taken to the Druid's grove for the totem mediation was something I have been waiting for all month. It definitely didn't let me down. I learned so much about the history of the Druids in Travance, and it probably has set things in motion for Caldor that could develop over months to come.

Lots of Druidic Lessons from Typhon. Still not sure how I feel about even HAVING the ability to make alcohol non-alcoholic or make someone drunk become sober.... but I'll use it for better things.

Going back to the inverted tower was a surprise, as Caldor was sure he had seen the last of it. the newly exposed areas were much creepier and more disturbing than the prior levels, and will probably sit with him for a while.

Outdoor tables for feast were wonderful. Caldor was happy to be in open air and to sit with his family and friends.

Evening Vintner Lessons were a blast. I learned a lot in and out of game. I'm excited to be making Ice Wine as a character.

made sure I was in a healer group for Main mod. The tactics were rough... Caldor doesn't like not being able to see Wife during battle. Plus we got trampled a lot. I hate Trample. I also had my staff shattered, which sucked. All in all Caldor was happy to pick people up and make sure nobody died... which made it all the more sad when he learned a friend had died out of his sight.

Caldor spent some time really hurt by Buckle's death, and it really affected him on a deep level. I'm glad I was present when the Focus issue spat him out, and tried to help him with it.

Went out to the Inn for a bit, but was so tired I went back to the Monastery before it was too late.

Sleep, Blessed Sleep

Sunday
It was raining so hard that Caldor stayd in later than planned. We had breakfast inside which was fun, and had to deal with a bunch of wandering minstrels.

Once the rain lifted, I finally got to have the cookie enjoying contest.

There was a fun drinking contest that I had to miss, as I had no coins to put in the pot.

I was having a lesson when the pirates came, so I steered clear of them... until they tried to claim wife for their ship. Fortunately they got distracted by something else before Caldor got himself killed.

All in all an exceptionally fun event.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 29 Jul 2013 12:29 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
29 Jul 2013 12:49 #10 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
And this event shall be called "I got my month's worth of cardio exercise in just three days!"

Friday:

Brought up about 5 people to come play KR. I hope they had some fun. :D

NPC SHIFT
Being undead in the woods is fun, forest, and fantasy for everyone.. Oh wait, no, it’s not.
We laid on the ground for about a half an hour waiting for the mod to start. It was fun to consistently get killed. It was not fun to die on the hard rocks. (so much owies).

Got to be a Corrupted Nature’s herald. I have to say I am not cut out for walking down hill on pebbles at night. I think I almost fell quite a bit of times. We got to the first spot we were going to set up, only to find there was another mod there, so we moved to a much safer spot. Chased (I think) Dimitry all the way down the hill and then he went invisible, so I got to hit new players for a while before getting killed most epically.

Put on make up to go out as Aella. Quick note: Hungry + tired = a very unreasonably crabby Ree. My apologies to Bill for snapping his head off. I just could not get dressed in time and did not have the glow sticks for combat.

Saw that my second favorite low-level druid was back. Yay, I got to see Eric and Walter again. I am very happy!

Saturday:

I finally got to wear my armor!! Wooo!

Went looking for the low level mod. Found trouble instead. Ran into a whole lot of lizardkin. Ran all the way up the hill screaming for help. The lizardkin broke all of our limbs and thankfully we were in the vicinity of Allesandria who heard our yells and helped us fix our limbs. The young woman who helped aid us was perfectly wonderful and nice. It was a joy to interact with her.

Went into a spooky ruin.
Question: How many Gnolls did we fight there?
Answer: All the Gnolls in Travance.

Held off dozens of Gnolls as our “scholars” tried to solve a puzzle. I think it took about 20 or so minutes. Thanks to a mystical force we were able to solve it. There was a beautiful necklace and we used it to help a lost spirit much to the dismay of the man who hired us. We were asked to tell our stories. It was nice to hear so many stories. I love listening to character history. It allows me to understand our fellow players so much better.

What time is it? Druid circle time! Also known as walking up hill time!
Got introduced to the Druid circle. Warned Caldor about flirting with trees. Meditated about what my totem animal is, but got distracted in my quest by all the beautiful celeb… I mean butterflies.

Heard stories about what people’s totems were or might be. Really loved Eric’s totem story.

Inverted tower mob. Again lots of running from random fear. Funny how all the undead spawned exactly where the archers were. :P Actually I enjoyed it. Buckles and I ran or worked together to not get our butts kicked. So many people ran into traps… It was funny. Kept killing people that got chaotically altered, though Ben had the better, more humane solution, Aella is a bit more heartless in that respect. The entire mod was loads of fun. Tons of people were on it… so many people! I am curious to see how everyone’s night terrors are going to play out. I am sure we will be loved for playing up that. ><

Feast:
Yay got to sit outside for feast. Was still hungry after it, so Kayla and I went off and ordered 8 pizzas. Got tons of crazy looks, so it was worth it. I don’t apologize for doing things I love.

Main mod:

We really need lessons in tactics. I wish I was playing a character that could make suggestions. We should have been in a V or inverted V formation, which would have kept Rampage to a minimum and covered the field way better. Having everyone clump together was craziness. I think before these battles are even assembled, the tacticians should get together have a pow wow about their opponents weaknesses and strengths and terrain and come up with a solid battle plan. I understand commanding us is akin to herding cats, so I completely understand why this is a cluster F. No blame is placed, just simple observations.

Man Ben dying on the battlefield was a bummer. I put an arrow in his quiver, noticed he was not moving ran to get help, Got out “Buckles is…” before I got double cleaved.
Thank Valos I had weapon protection up, because I could have lost my bow during that fight! I actually thought I lost my bow during the fight and played it up until the priestess that cast the protection spell reminded me. I ran away more times than I can count. One guy cleaved me 5 times, which is hilarious because it only takes 1 cleave to kill me. This was definitely an owie event for everyone. SO many broken bones!

After hours was nice. The brother Dwarves made me so many arrows (woo). I owe you guys. Name a dessert and I will make it for you! Pie, cookies, brownies, cake.. whatever! You guys earned it! Thank you so much! Now I have every arrow type save, mythril and holy! Oh yeah!

Hearing that everyone in Allesandria was chaotically altered was scary. People tried to drag Aella away and she just said no. You don’t go alone where angels fear to tread. Wowie!

Sunday:
Woke up thinking it was morning was sadly mistaken. Learned Shield of Nature from Tython, Gift of the Predator from Orion, and Climb from Klyden. I apologize it the names of misspelled. I can never spell proper names correctly. They were all good lessons and I got to have insight from different perspectives.

And of course finding bruises you didn't know you had. I kept trying to wash off a dark spot in the shower until I realized it hurt and was just a rather large bruise.

It was a really fun event. I had a blast this time. I got to play with new people, which is always wonderful. Got an old friend to play with us who used to LARP with us numerous years ago. Brought other friends in as well, so I hope they had fun. I look forward to more events at KR as well as meeting new people and getting to know their characters better. Thanks for being great! If you are still reading this I commend you. I don’t talk a lot but I sure do type a lot. See you either August or September. August depends on whether or not Otakon rips out my soul.

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
29 Jul 2013 13:12 #11 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic July 2013 Highlights!

Chris McKenzie wrote: the responses had more "wait, Buckles is dead‽" than I had expected, particularly by people who I've never interacted with.

Yeah, they were all shocked and distraught. Aella was sad you died and was upset no one heard us scream for help...but not surprised considering where we were when you died.

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
29 Jul 2013 14:16 - 02 Aug 2013 14:05 #12 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
What a lovely weekend! As I said to Bill on the way home: aren't we lucky that all the torrential rain managed to save itself for Sunday afternoon?

One of the most challenging (albeit enjoyable) aspects to playing Goggins is trying to come up with ways to rationally explain away magic in a world where it quite clearly exists. This month brought a whole host of interactions that really taxed not only his in-game understanding of the world, but also my own ability to make up explanations on the fly. These included an extended chat with Arden S about the spell Mage Hand, being forced to work with white sorcerers on main mod, and even being tricked into "seeing" the weave by Carlotta and Jack on Saturday afternoon. It looks like I'll need to go back to the drawing board to think up some fresh explanations - as will Goggins!

Dustin, Matt, and Jason's mini-plot concerning the conservation of a rare species of drake. All the NPC characters you guys played were brilliant, and the final scene in the barn was just awesome (they'd turned off all the lights, and had the "seller" sitting at the far end of a very long table, eerily silhouetted in front of the single window they'd left unshuttered.) Really wish more people had been there to see what you'd put together!

A marvellous evening with Lucius and Verril, looking for Pesmerga as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Scholars. Although we didn't manage to find any "wam-peers," it was quite funny sneaking ineffectually around the forest with you and achieving precisely nothing.

Reese very nearly going full Londwyn.

An absolutely hilarious Rogue mod on Friday night. I had the good fortune of being killed within the first twenty minutes of this mod, and so got to watch all the comings and goings as I bled out on the ground. Probably shouldn't say what actually happened, but essentially, if someone had been trying to script a farce, they couldn't have done a better job: never have more people been in the right place at the wrong time.

Lastly, templar training that same Friday night. Romeo did some pretty hardcore evil-doing as his Galmachian devil, and the assembled PCs actually managed to not kill him, which was kind of cool to see. Splendid acting all round - sorry on my part for forgetting precisely who was there to be tested and who wasn't!

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 02 Aug 2013 14:05 by Goggs (coryan).
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
29 Jul 2013 14:48 - 29 Jul 2013 14:49 #13 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I greatly enjoyed Gene's mod on Friday night, a mod like that was a long time coming.

New picnic tables are a great addition to the game. Having plenty of space to sit down and have a conversation while enjoying the weather was amazing. Thanks to everyone who donated them and put them together. The work done to the Pendarvin and Kaledonia statehouses was also really nice and worth mentioning.

Main mod looked great and was a really challenging battle, and was a lot of fun. Thanks to Mark who played the Air phylactery monster dude.

I'm incredibly disappointed I missed Pesmerga, I've still never actually seen him. A year of planning changed in the blink of an eye in the most poetic way, kinda bad ass. Thanks Judge :-)

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
Last edit: 29 Jul 2013 14:49 by Kelly (Kelly).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damien (Damien)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
29 Jul 2013 15:05 #14 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
You are welcome for the tables.They were great fun to build.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
29 Jul 2013 15:25 #15 by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai)
Replied by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai) on topic July 2013 Highlights!

Goggs wrote: A marvellous evening with Lucius and Verril, looking for Pesmerga as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Scholars. Although we didn't manage to find any "wam-peers," it was quite funny sneaking ineffectually around the forest and achieving precisely nothing.

One of *my* favorite moments was sitting in Alisandria after the whole Pashmina thing had setled down and trying to unwind. We were a little jumpy, trying to put together the pieces of what had happened during the battles that day, when three loud figures came tramping down the road. Much to our surprise it was three scholars with seemingly nothing to defend themselves with but their papers. Papers!

IG: GinGinny GinRum
Ambassador of Alisandria
OOG: Megan Coppock
RP Marshall
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • Charcoal
  • I'm back!
  • Thank Yous: 7
29 Jul 2013 18:49 #16 by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov)
Replied by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
It was great to be back after more than half a year! I'm finally caught up on the sword plot! ^u^

Highlights:
Bringing a friend into game again! He was Danial Williams, a Kormyrian druid from Coast Haven with a very fancy outfit. Thanks to all the people who talked to him and got him more involved. He had a great time and wants to return for the next event if he can.

NPC shift as Sons of Saints. I was an innocent little girl until I started using psionics and attacked someone. Very shortly after I hear calls of 'GET THE GIRL.' I tried to get away but ended up with my legs chopped off and my eyes carved out by Bolton, who proceeded to drag me away. Our lovely RP Marshal decided to pull me out of the torture session to come but I gotta say that while it was terrifying, that was one of the best shifts I've done.
My other favorite shift was being a donation collector from the Church of Light. Spoon for spoon.

Teaching my first lesson!

Fireflies. Fireflies everywhere.

Playing my ukulele IG was wonderful. Being asked to sing was wonderful, too.

Bringing in a giant bowl of cherries and giving them to the Baroness and practically the whole town. But making the Baroness smile is something Charcoal enjoys especially.

Learning my first Rank III spellsongs. Maybe I'll actually be a threat soon. uwu''

Feast was delicious.

Rowan drunk is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Bard shenanigans will happen as soon as Charcoal and Rowan meet up again, mark my words.

Gypsy gossip was fun.

Charcoal found her baby dragon again.

Lowlights:

I am simply riddled with mosquito bites whereas the two others in my car only received one or two bites.

Missing the Mage's Guild meeting. I feel like I've missed something. Like Mage Cake or something.

The humidity made me want to scream and I had to replace my makeup more than I wanted to. u.u''

"If two wrongs don't make a right, try three!"

IG: Charcoal Cha'cov
OOG: Sophie Rich
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
29 Jul 2013 19:30 #17 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
This was a good weekend, finally got to fight after a few months of green headbanding.

Friday:
-Devil and angel mod was great.

-Walking around after and realizing the sun was coming up.

Saturday:
- Playing my alt for tower mod to lead them through.

-Main mod was great, love mods where I actually fear for my life as my character.

-Going to bring Buckles through the focus with another healer and being told that we are suddenly thrown out of the focus and Buckles is alive again. That is the result of being in the focus when Pesmerga screws with it.

Sunday-

Actually got a little sleep. Then the rain.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
29 Jul 2013 19:31 #18 by Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
Replied by Jade Peverell (Angel M.) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
The first thing I want say is congrats to Gene on running his first event! I had a great time.

Now on to my highlights:

~ It was a pleasure NPCing for Gene this weekend. I had a good time playing Ms. Amelia Draven and working with the new players to help them figure out plot information.

~ Secondly, HOLY EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER! Jade has felt things that she never thought she would. It is so interesting to see how character relationships develop over time.

~ I'm just going to point out that Jade is known for her babysitting skills and now it is HER being babysat, HAHAHA!

~ Also, I am SO happy to see Matt Calo back with us! Missed you bud. I always enjoy the RP with you.

~ Jade gaining a new respect for some of the nobles around her.

~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON TURQMAN! It was so good to see you! <3

~ The last thing I want to do is give a serious shout out to Jason T., Jason M., Jen W., Kristen M., Steve O., Matt C., and Jen F. Thank you all for the amazing RP this weekend, you guys are awsome.

Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!

Jade Peverell

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
OOG: Angel Mowery

Role Play Marshal
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo)
29 Jul 2013 21:53 #19 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I don't normally post highlights But this NEEDS mentioning.

Corey and Romeo you guys were awesome as the Angel & Devil for the Templar Test. Romeo, You were amazing! I swear at one point I thought you were about to either lick me, kiss me or eat my face, I'm not sure where you were going with that. But that was one of the best mods I've been on in a long time.

Keilor: Ekatarina, What did you learn from all of this?
Ekatarina: Devils are sweaty.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • Draven Erdboren
  • "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky."
  • Thank Yous: 39
29 Jul 2013 21:56 #20 by Draven Erdboren (Grundill)
Replied by Draven Erdboren (Grundill) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I have no words...
A Saturday stroll in the woods with Bolton, warning people that we shouldn't just randomly untie people without finding out exactly why they are bound to a tree and blindfolded first.....
Having Blade back was awesome, even if he wasn't fully himself.
Having the town rally to the cries of 'Alisandria is under attack'
And hearing some say 'I'm here for travance, not Alisandria...'should provide some interesting conversations in the future....
Gin Yuki, you had my back more than once this weekend, and I hope I provided some protection for you in return. Had a good emotional chat on the way to Alisandria. Shortly before that whole pesmerga takes over our mind incident...
Having my soul severed twice was not a fun time. A huge thank you to the Healer, and Gaian that pushed my soul back into my battered carcas. I wish I had your names.( please feel free to pm me so I know who you were )
The last words Buckles shared with me as we were about to leave for totem hill "if you'll excuse me, I have some people to impress."
And those fairly intense moments after main mod...... I fully expect to feel the repercussions of those moments for many events to come.

Draven Erdboren
Huntsman
Squire to Lord Lucius Blackthorne

OOG Chris L.
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
29 Jul 2013 23:03 #21 by Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor)
Replied by Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I don't know where to start...

Some interesting stuff on the Friday night NPC shift, including the new player mod, and having some new players as NPCs on the shift- welcome, guys!

Saturday morning, being asked to accompany Bolton on a task with almost no idea of what was going on- that turned into the crazy Sons of Saints mod. Many thanks to Sean Moulson for running a great little adventure! Kudos also to all the NPCs on this mod (and a few PCs) who did a great job with a challenging and often confusing RP situation.
Of course, this episode ended with a display of Tycho's poor decision-making skills, but the less said about that, the better...

For the second or third event in a row, Tycho's ability to assist came in handy, and he got to help with some very interesting skills. Ilana's surgery to repair Roach was particularly enlightening.

I had to leave early (right during feast- d'oh!), so I missed main mod, but there are plenty of stories I've heard about how it stood out as the highlight of the weekend for many people. I've been home since Saturday, and I'm still excited talking about this event with friends. ...Is it August yet?

Tycho Montresor
Viceroy of Alisandria

OOG: Cameron S.
Marshal
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
30 Jul 2013 00:02 - 30 Jul 2013 00:53 #22 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I definitely enjoyed the weather this month. Yay for warmth without the sticky humidity!

~Pre-game Kelly bonding time. I really loved getting to hang out with you since we don't often get a chance to while we're at the game.
~Marshalling Friday night cave mod for Kristen with three great and very good natured people for my undead NPCs. You three were so patient and I thank you. Also very proud of just the three of you doing so well in making Augustus go so far as to use one of his posi-barriers to keep you out. :)
~Horror Mod for Misaki's backstory. Angel did really great as my tormentor. Really great. I had a lot of fun Luis seeing the horror and utter agony of Ardin and Misaki about what was happening to my PC. Also the post vision ribbing that Ardin was giving Misaki really had to make me laugh--Norm you are the best at laying into Cy's PC with the guilt card. The judging face you have him about not having the bodyguard pin and basically saying this was all his fault without actually saying it was so good. Then your little toss of "guess THAT lost it's importance..." when Misaki remembered Aemorniel's engagement ring had been tossed on his bed the previous feast carelessly before she had disappeared. Gah--I love our family dynamic.
~Getting to go out as Kathleen was quite a pleasure again. It didn't take long at all for me to sell my goods surprisingly. Loved doing Amizar's card trick as this character as opposed to how Aemorniel did it when she first came. Yay for me being the hero and saving the four princes! Paul, you have no idea how tickled she was that she got to be the hero like in one of her stories. Glad to see people recognize me and got a chuckle when people would ask me OOG if I was Aemorniel though I clearly was in different costuming, no ears, and wode all over the face. When I said no, the frustrated sighs made me smile. It's nice to know my PC is that loved. I will say Kathleen was sorry not to see a certain Celt who had taken her under his wing last event though she did ask his cousin if he was about...
~Torture makeup is my favorite kind of makeup and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. ;) The reactions people got to seeing me when I came IG was well worth the effort of bringing my kit to the camp.
~Angeliana and Misaki being the first to find me. I wouldn't have had it any other way. The conversations afterwards as my PC had her cry fest--not about getting free, not about what happened to her--because they had tried to ruin her face with the burn, bruising, and broken nose only to be cheered up by the Bran brand of helping and excessive stroking of her vanity.
~Continuation of Pendarvin Princess love: all the Grumbleguts and the men Aemorniel has befriended in her land wanting to know the name of the people who hurt her so they can track them down and beat them up. I feel like I've become the little sister with the horde of big uber protective brothers when stuff goes down and I love it.
~NOT rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off for once with being busy with a bajillion things. It was a very nice rest to have.
~The strengthening of my PC's relationship with her fiancé as she got to witness Misaki finally be recognized as a member of House Von Ritter because his final test involved someone he completely trusted and he merely held his hand out to me. I spend too much time with you witch hunters. It was fun listening to the ideas tossed around for hunter names for some characters--Augustus' being my favorite. Seamus might give me a joking hunter name since I seem to often get caught up with witch hunter things and have gone on two Von Ritter tests at this point. He's hoping it goes with The Nemesis' other name ;)
~Having to watch Misaki go to potentially fight Pesmerga down in Alisandria and knowing she had to stay behind at the inn even when reports were coming back that everyone down there was "turned into red mist", reminding herself of Lethias' words when she first became a priestess. She was very happy to see him come back alive even if he only had one body left--patching him up she can take care of. Dead body is a whole other thing.
~Being nurse/doctor for realsies for a beat up Cy after he took a tumble. As Dio said, I'm glad he got it taken care of his injuries as opposed to just letting them be.
~Sunday morning's "Sick Stumper" mod. All the work that was done on the parts of many to try to fix first then merely keep Dani's NPC alive was kind of a lot of fun. Though it was really a mod to mess with Angeliana, it also became a test of faith for me. I hadn't spoken to Angelica since my second moon in Travance except in maybe passing or the occasional nod/glance and the internal sigh as I made a request that Aemorniel knew would be a little too close to home to her. All the after effects of seeing to the funeral and taking the woman's children home with her--none of that could make up for the look she knew Angeliana was giving her. Alice--I love our PCs RP so much. Aemorniel was seriously afraid that in doing what she had to, she had lost her best friend as well. We make such a wonderful, balanced, and sometimes odd pair but I love it.
~Gideon lessons always lead into heavy discussions. Funny how you have become her turn to person for guidance that she feels a bit lost when you're gone.
~Meeting some very friendly and fantastic new players. I am terrible at names but the gypsy physician who gave me the beautiful belt hanger of Pendarvin's colors and symbol, I am very proud of you throwing yourself really into the game and getting what it really is all about to be a gypsy. Also to the female sylvan I met as well who was surprised I was Quinarian because I just seemed too nice and friendly--you're a peach. I can't wait to meet the rest of your gang and see what you all can bring to the game.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
Last edit: 30 Jul 2013 00:53 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel).
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
30 Jul 2013 00:52 #23 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
Congratulations to Gene for a wonderful weekend, down to the gritty details that make for good RP

I was going to make an amulet for a bard. This was known two weeks beforehand, yet the bards could not be assembled. Herding cats is easier. Mother Remy saying she could only spare a few SSP to place in the amulet. I explained that they are only used for the current change of the winds. Her "Oh" resulted in Rowan's facepalming.

Lots of sorcery.

Viktor reciting the laws against the person to my satisfaction.

Conducting much research. Determined how the ritual to destroy the lesser phylacteries should be done during a very enjoyable Divination with Gene and Norm. It made me superfluous for the ritual, so I was able to fight, basically preventing any foe from interrupting them,

During said divination, I saw a vision of Lance the Boar. Due to what transpired, I believe someone will now use his name and drop the nickname. It was excellent RP all around. I was particularly impressed by how readily Lord Hillock agreed to be the bodyguard of one of his young vassals, given the circumstances. All did their parts to perfection.

Learned 6 lores, which tie a few loose ends. My chain grows heavy.

Angus asking me if I was done casting foul magics in the state house and when I answered yes, he proceeded to rub out the arcane markings on the table with great vigor.

Five newbs in Pendarvin, in their own tent. Had some nice RP with them, introducing them to the Baroness via a letter and evesdropping on the conversation. A barbarian, a Dwarf, a Londwynian, and a warrior monk enter a bar...

Pendarvin's almost baby.

After Ardin woke me to go to totem hill for main mod, I walked through the woods downhill emerging at the rear of the pavillion. Cut a swath through their rear to get to the alchemists/sorcerers. I do not recommend others try the woods walk without a light.

i am certain there is more, but I am tired.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fortier (Greysect)
30 Jul 2013 09:02 #24 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
So this was my first event I ran for a boffer larp and I think it went pretty well. Please please please fill out event recap forms.

1. Trains run on time- I had a timeline and I stuck to it no matter the hardships trying to stop it. Thank you all monster marshals who puit up with me taking all there npcs for a plot mod. Especially Cameron who had cards ready to go for me

2. Bus can't slow down- from sat morning till after main mod I sat down for a 10 min break for jason's b-day and 20min at feast.

3. Big thanks to my main npcs. Vince for spending friday evening setting up 40 traps for a mod and being Sakatha and not being able to function Sunday

4. Angel for rushing to be at lay on to help me with the new player mod and various times through out the day jumping back and forth into the npc to help move along plot points.

5. Cyril for showing up late friday night and jumping right into the makeup seat and setting up a mod as the pcs were traversing into it. He jsut went with everyhting I told him and did a great job

6. Mark for always being enthusiastic and making the new playe fight fun and challenging. During main mod roleplaying and killing any lizardkin who fled the battle. Also always coming early to get make-uped

7. Shane for filling in last minute without hesitation. He dropped part of a mm shift just to help out and did a spectacular job. I enjoyed his input on how to make his npc look cooler and it really gave a bit more flavor to the role.

8. Kevin was just all around amazing. He Npced for me then ran a logistics shift then went to main mod. Also helped run the LM shift during main mod while I got NPCs all gussied up. He really has a grasp of what a logistics marshal should do and does not need to be told he just starts doing. without him I dont think Main mod would of gone off on time or as well

9. And finally Dio, her quick improvising and awesome makeup skills really made me proud. She helped bring my fantastical vision to life as best as we could with the resources we had. She was always spot on and always asking for my input which really helped get my vison to the players

10. I had a blast running and would run again. I thank all those people who helped out and I hope everyone had fun

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Damien (Damien), Orion (Orion.)
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
30 Jul 2013 09:34 #25 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
So it's been a while since I've done highlights because these past few months have been a gigantic rollercoaster of amazing things happening that I couldn't have possibly put into words until they started to settle down. Now that they have, this is really gonna be part wholistic highlights and part highlights specific to this month

GENERAL:

Backstory plot. Thank you SO much to everybody who's been involved, especially Luis, Aaron, JJ, and Angel. The amount of personal conflict inside Misaki's head with his past coming back to haunt him and how they are strongly effecting him is astounding. Especially Luis, the way he does dynamic storytelling makes me wish I could do what he does. A++, would seek vengeance soon ;)

Von Ritter plot. Again, thank you to James, Gene, Luis, all the "Saturday night special" girls (ESPECIALLY Jen FFFFFF *shudder*), and especially Vince and Matt for making one hell of a hunter out of Misaki. The mods were so well done, and so meticulously planned where they hit right to Misaki's core. When you start having OOG dreams and nightmares about mods, that's when you know people hit it right on the mark.

THIS EVENT

Earth Tribe Chieftan. Thank for letting me wail on you all again. I had as much fun from Friday night's rogue mod to Saturday night main mod (aka. "roll around with no legs near the end and still fight witch hunters" mod) playing that guy, and I hope you all had equal amounts of fun beating the stuffing out of me. Gene, thanks for letting me npc for you, and would do so again anytime :-)

"Diablo: the mod" with Gus, Damian, Mark, and Mars. Because screw mummies. Glad we were right about our choice.

Morwenne's return. Although we didn't really get to interact a lot, it was still nice to see a positive influence from Misaki's past.

Aemorniel's return. I don't know what Misaki felt more of: surprise and sheer joy she managed to escape, or murderous anger at the people who cut her up. Angel, hope that I don't find that NPC ;)

Pendarvin. You guys make me love being in a land more and more with each event I attend. I mean it. I look forward to getting to spend time with you guys and it's just plain awesome.

"EARTH!"
"FIRE!"
"WIND!"
"WATER!"
"murder."

Finishing Von Ritter training AND getting another Sith lesson back on track? Well, if you insist!

Augustus the ____________________.

ALL THE SUNDAY MORNING TEACHING (STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY!!!!!)

*Bran makes a scary face at operatic boy soprano npc who can only speak in singing*
NPC: *sung* OH. MY. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! *runs while singing as Oren and I burst out laughing*

Probably won't be around for August, so I'll see you cats around in September!

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

30 Jul 2013 14:28 #26 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
In no particular order!

-lighting the lamps with Hunter and Viktor.
-Angel/Devil mod
-Pirates! Danielle, you were epic. Ending one of my favorite songs with "Captain, Lyric of Suggestion, you want to make a donation to the Church of Light." 32 gold later, Remi was extremely pleased with herself. Along that same vein:

Keillor: Remi, don't you think that was a little underhanded?
Remi: What?! They got it from looting and pillaging anyways!
Keillor: .... I have no response to that. Good job.

-Cookies (Thank you Jason + Marie!)
-The seedlings of forming the Entertainer's Guild with Rowan as its leader. A lot of thought and RP went into choosing our Fearless Leader so I can't wait to see the results!
-RP, in general, with Keillor, Seamus, Morwenne, Sane Seamus, Ekaterina, Cree, Angeliana, Viktor, Hunter, Oota, Ginginny, Marika, Guildmaster Silverbow, Tobar, Carlotta, and everyone else Remi encountered over the weekend!
-Coming to the conclusion that it's time for Remi to step up and take care of the responsibilities she's been handed. Because she has to, but also because she wants to.
-Healing Orias with Nocturne of Recovery and having him look at Remi and say "Huh. Good song."
-Telling the Garbage Patrol in no uncertain terms, "If you touch my bagel, I will end you."

All in all, final shoutouts to Gene for a great weekend, and Norm/Ben Theis for making me take care of myself when I get mega dehydrated and dizzy while NPCing on main mod. I'm always struck by how much of a family we are here at Knight Realms, and how much we watch out for each other, entertain each other, and give each other the escape from the Real World that we sometimes desperately need.
Thanks again to everyone for a wonderful time. Hugs and Love!
-Nadi Morsch

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
30 Jul 2013 15:11 #27 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I loved this event. Thank you Gene for being so incredibly awesome, I am so happy to have you on board the ST team.

Highlights:

- First, all the in between stories with Augustus and Bat Cooper, two very different characters that provided much creative inspiration. I hope you both enjoyed your little vignettes as much as I enjoyed writing them. Ma'ree and "Slinky" are my favorite un-played non-player characters. ;)

-Getting into Morganna makeup takes way too long, but I really hate taking it off because I love it so much. Had a lot of fun with all of you for what was supposed to be an hour mod turned into three times that. Oh well, it all works out. Thank you to JJ for marshalling the combat portion and managing the NPCs, and thank you NPCs for being such good sports hanging out in the woods. Trust me, I'd only ever let that happen in nice weather like we had.

-Being ambushed by a concerned Aliester, Angelica, and Arabeth just as I was putting on the final touches of my late night Elawyn costume, having decided not to go right to bed and let everyone deal with the tinges of teal and glitter still on my skin. El coming to the realization and acceptance that she only gets the nicest of the vile, creepy presents.

-Meeting up with Mix and not leaving her side for most of the weekend. All of the feels and rp. My best weekends are those spent at Jen W's side.

-Not a good event if El doesn't scare everyone with yelling at someone and then cry at some point. Both happened for different reasons right off the bat Friday...Didn't think it could go up from there (or is it down?). I love RPing with Jade/Angel, because OOG I know she gets it, and IG the characters are way too much alike in their stubbornness and tempers.

-Druid storytime.

-Super stressful main mod on Elawyn, as she darted between the groups trying to save all the people that walked too far away from others by the themselves and fell. Physically throwing myself into blows to do so because it was a faster and more efficient way to save lives, although incredibly bad on El's health. To the girl I yelled at on the field - I know I apologized IG already, but seriously, so sorry, I usually try to reserve El's rage for people that know me/her. Feel free to make El feel guilty for it next you see her.

-Post main mod talks about unique perspectives of certain individuals.

-Late night research and information exchange. I loved hanging out and RPing with all of you. Also, Cat-poi-er.

-Finally, this giant bruise Typhon gave me while I was teaching him fighting basics on Sunday morning, when he mistook form training for strength training. That's what I get for not blocking and trying to pay attention to the form of his swings instead.

Awesome event, thank you everyone for such a great time!

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
30 Jul 2013 16:49 #28 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic July 2013 Highlights!

Ending one of my favorite songs with "Captain, Lyric of Suggestion, you want to make a donation to the Church of Light." 32 gold later, Remi was extremely pleased with herself. Along that same vein:

Granted not while the Captain, not only was your song amazing, but the lyric of suggestion was amazing. It was the only time I think I was actually excited about being cheated out of money ;)

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Albert
  • Just a healer.
  • Thank Yous: 88
30 Jul 2013 17:03 #29 by Albert (deatharcana)
Replied by Albert (deatharcana) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
All in all good event, except for the 32 mosquito bites I am recovering from (I counted. About ten are on my knee). But let's remember the good things instead of the bad!

-Having an adventure in itself during NPC shift as the plot hooks. Seriously, we went around the whole camp with the spear. It was crazy, but looking back on it, it wasn't so bad.
-Playing a Dark Druid and surprisingly, remembering some of the druid spells.

-Watching Angeliana suffer from personal plot and realizing she wasn't strong as Albert originally thought. Poor Albert just collapsed after stressing himself out and feeling weak. Cue instant pep talk from the Baroness and Wormwood.

-Heading to the inverted tower, killing a few undead with point and click healing, and also saving MANY PEOPLE. Protecting Shana (?), another of Croi's cousins alongside Lorelei and establishing an awesome trio team.

-OOG: You noticed I'm covered in zombie blood.
Sorel: "...I'm going to throw you in the lake."

-Sitting at Kaladonia table and realizing I'm sitting next to someone that probably wanted me dead at one point.

-"WELCOME TO TRAVANCE" -my favorite phrase EVER.

- Sorel: 'Hold on to this.
Me: "Oh, sure, I'll keep it safe- HOLD ON THIS IS A PHYLACTERY WHY AM I BEING TRUSTED WITH THIS."

-Main Mod craziness. Being useful is fun!

-Feeling useless once again while watching Bran trying to console Angeliana, which escalated into something far worse. Some intense, frightening, and hilarious roleplaying ensued.

-GETTING MY OWN PLOT!!!! Following a spirit around, only to later realize not only did my character recognize it, but it sought him out for assistance. Dragged Teach, Bran, 'Cicada', Orion, Tari and Doctor Maxwell on an adventure to put a spirit to rest and finish what he could not. For everyone involved, thank you so much. I don't know if it the mod was simply made more me, but regardless it was awesome. It made my entire event and cancelled out all of the negatives.

-And most importantly, MAKING NEW FRIENDS. It's a good thing when people start remembering your name instead of screaming "HEY YOU" or "HEALER GET OVER HERE" when there is trouble. But it's not like Albert likes you guys or anything! It's just that he tolerates your company... that's all!

Here's to next event and stuff!

~Albert
OOG: Daniel B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
30 Jul 2013 18:03 #30 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July 2013 Highlights!
I decided to post my OOG highlight apart from my others.
Chicken Salad a la MaryBeth. Each time I have it it is different (she follows my mother and grandmother's recipe concept of "A little of this and a little of that until it tastes right.") and every time it is good.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.922 seconds