Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights

10 Nov 2013 19:55 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
I don't have a lot to say as far as personal highlights but I did want to say this.

Everyone looked fabulous.

This was my second Winterdark Ball and the level of costuming this year over last (and last year was great too) was a step up. Everyone looked great. Everyone put in effort. Everyone was epic!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maralas (adamdrew3), Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
10 Nov 2013 20:11 #2 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I had a great time RP-ing with everyone! So many great conversations were had.

There were a great number of awesome costumes, I really felt like I was attending a medieval ball!

The dancing was beautiful. Thank you, Baroness, for teaching everyone. Maybe we should do this more often?

The food was amazing. I could have eaten everything, and , indeed, I was tempted to try.

It was a great night! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make it a wonderful event. Can't wait to see you all again!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
10 Nov 2013 20:18 #3 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I am continually floored by the level of costuming in this larp and especially evident from the Ball.

Moresca is a fantastic setting for this event, and I want to thank James for arranging and using the hall for this event.

I personally enjoyed the conversations and relaxed time with players. My two friends from Virginia had a great time with the Ball being their first event. I have other friends from down there asking about KR now.

My conversations with the Baroness have so far been both interesting and challenging, so that was another highlight. Overall, I loved the Ball, and can't wait for next KR to get here!

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maralas (adamdrew3)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
10 Nov 2013 21:40 - 10 Nov 2013 21:41 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
Many interesting conversations, like seeds planted. The resulting harvests should prove entertaining.

Hearing something that seemed most unusual - looked around and saw Wormwood also looking around. Caught each others' eyes, and had an entire conversation in two seconds without exchanging a word, culminating with both of us laughing.

An abbreviated talk with someone who should have hung around to hear the rest.

Verrill, Verrill, Verrill. Could be worse, I guess.

The Alisandrian presentation.

Poker discussion with Ardentfyre and Angus. Some day, Angus will host a party where real poker is played, not that wussy Hold Em.

Excellent food and drink.

The Burnosky's and I slept the sleep of the dead.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 10 Nov 2013 21:41 by geezer (geezer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
10 Nov 2013 22:11 #5 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
Hurray for food! Thank you Steve for not only taking me up there but also giving Dominic a reason to go. Also thank you Walter driving me back.

I loved the all the Drega conversations that were had.

Everybody who sang were great singers.

So many wonderful stories.

Oh and the food, such wonderful food.

But to top off the night was the sign we all know and love. "Ham(contains pork)"

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Willow That Walks
  • "What's that? Who are you? What are those?"
  • Thank Yous: 34
11 Nov 2013 00:10 #6 by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
Replied by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
Ok, so this was my first event, and my first in-character/in-person exposure to KR. It....was...amazing. I had never dreamed I would have so much fun at my first event, a ball no less! It was very easy for me to get into character because everyone else roleplayed so well. The setting was perfect, the food was wonderful, and the atmosphere was rich. Poetry, Dancing, and Singing were all fun to participate and witness. Being able to mull around and learn about the world from an in-character perspective was great. I never once ran into an inconsistency in information, people were kind and courteous. And the roleplay seemed so genuine I couldn't tell that anyone was acting! It was all so natural, an experience I havent had in so long.

I'd larped for years before this, but it's astounding to find that one event could redefine my perception of what a larp should be like. The staff did an amazing job. And I really liked how the staff were able to RP too, and werent always in black t-shirts and jeans with walkies. It surprised me honestly to find out some of the people I'd RP'ed with were actually staff members.

The garb was top-notch, and It did wonders for the immersion.

I loved RPing with each and every one of you. And Im really sorry if I couldnt remember names, I promise to get better at that. And Im sure with coming to enough events, I will come to know people INC and OOC.

At the very end, when the final speech was made, I looked around the room, and I saw people who believed in what was being said, who took it to heart, and strangely enough, even though I'd only been there for that evening, I felt it too. I felt like I was part of something incredible.

Thank you all so much for the experience! It was very much worth the 5 1/2 hour drive up from Leesburg. I am simply stoked for January!

IG: Willow Who Walks

OOG: Chris Stephens
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Elawyn (Elawyn), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Onca (Lorelai), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Maralas (adamdrew3), Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
11 Nov 2013 08:00 #7 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
- Made a promise to myself to hang out with different people. Met Meander and Burkhart (sps?), a couple of new players, and even my dancing circle were people I don't really talk to IG. Almost met a sleepy Celt on the couches in the little lounge area, but we both kind of slept instead (I had not slept at all the day before so all the easy buzzing around took me out)

- Dancing was a blast as always and the dancing group was fun to flail/dance around with.

-Hanging out with Travance and catching him up/getting caught up on events.

-An interesting scholar meet

-Helping Alander enjoy a human party (though, we have to try setting up a Dwarven party some time. Maybe WitL?)

-Willow and Tiki. These were both new players (one with larp experience, one completely new) and they were both great! Ilana will gladly be watching them when they make it to Travance. It was great hanging out with you guys.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capt Locke (Jonathon), Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
11 Nov 2013 10:17 #8 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I had a fantastic time at the ball. I am sad I was late, as I would love to have had more time with everyone.

I tried to spend as much time talking with everyone as I could, but I know there are groups I never got time to do so with.

Meeting Tiki and Willow and the other new players/characters was enormously fun. I was really excited to be dealing with new Druids and Dryads. I look forward to playing with them at full events.

I enjoyed having serious talks with people about relationships... theirs of course. I am so glad so many people go along with Caldor and Aella on this.

The food was magnificent. Thanks to EVERYONE who brought something. I tried to try a little of everyones, but some things were finished before we got to the front of the line. I almost didn't even get any of our food!

I always enjoy eating like a Barbarian. Its just fun. STAB THE PIE! Dip that thing into the other thing. Use your hands!!! YUM.

I REALLY loved the the dancing organized by the Baroness. I had so much fun doing that both IC and OOC. Thank you for that.

I had a fun conversation with the Baroness about her real name. Caldor did consider it an honor that she would want him to know her real name, even if for others its just a common thing.

As always, I enjoyed having conversations with Brother and Cousin.

Everyone looked so fantastic. The people who made the masks and/or dresses did amazing work. I still cant believe what Eric was wearing...
And from an OOG note, I couldn't take my eyes of my wife - she looked so gorgeous as Aella in fancy garb.

I had a wonderful conversation about Gaian priests and the clergy which has raised Caldor's already exceptionally high opinion of someone to new levels.

I loved this event, and Can't wait for the December event.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maralas (adamdrew3), Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv), Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
11 Nov 2013 10:54 #9 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I had a really nice time, and while being pulled in so many directions is not unusual for me, for once this time it mostly left Elawyn (and Kristen) LESS stressed as opposed to more - its like a yuletide miracle!

My major highlights are, in no particular order:

- Being trusted by James to play a very specific voice-over.
- Helping people with costuming - seriously, helping people get their costumes just right for the ball is my favorite part of this event, no joke.
- Squire Interviews
- Zach's continuing portrayal of the Selendrian Ambassador
- Impromtu singing with Croi
- Mirwen's and Meander's songs, which both brought me near tears
- Being happy for once in a conversation with Aliester, and noting that Croi was no where near to witness it.
- Being first in line for the entrances, and getting to watch everyone walk in. The RP some people added to their entrances was awesome. Sam and I were very amused. :)
- Waiting all night for a free moment to talk to a new Dryad Druid, and finding that it was well worth the wait. Chris - your costume as Willow was extraordinary, and I really enjoyed RPing with you. Looking forward to your appearances in the future.

See you all in a few weeks!

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Croínamara (Jen), Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
  • Willow That Walks
  • "What's that? Who are you? What are those?"
  • Thank Yous: 34
11 Nov 2013 12:48 - 11 Nov 2013 12:53 #10 by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
Replied by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
Thank you so much! I worked really hard, had to go through some frustrations with getting makeup right and whatnot. But RPing with you was awesome! For someone like me who didn't know a whole lot about the world to begin with, speaking with you INC allowed me to learn quite a bit in a short amount of time. It was very much worth the wait, and I tried not to annoy you considering how busy you are.

I hadnt mentioned a whole lot about other people because I don't want to botch anyone's names, nor do I want to only give vague descriptions of people who definitely deserve more credit. I just have a horrible memory. ><;

Rping with Aella and Caldor was much fun! It was enjoyable to learn about the prospects of mentors and also getting to know another member of my race. I loved meeting you both! Your personalities were so welcoming.

Llana, you were awesome. I was glad you were able to introduce me to certain people and help me learn a little more about the world of Travance itself. Thank you so much for answering my naive INC questions. Im really glad no one brushed me off as being dumb, but rather helped inform me when I asked questions or was curious about something.

Angeliana, I very much enjoyed our discussion about empathy, and coping with it. Although a few sheets to the wind, the rp was genuine and I was so glad you took an interest in speaking with me, as well as helping me get an audience with Lady Elawyn. :)

Tiki, as a new player too, I think you did great, and you have a wonderful talent with artwork. I liked being able to peek at your work. Even though I can understand it gets a little overwhelming, you did a great job being INC.

Clytie, I really liked our INC exchange and rp, being able to ask each other questions about our respective origins, racial qualities, and discussing our dislikes (termites, mosquitoes etc.) Your mask was very creative as well, and fitting! I cant wait to RP with you again in the future!

Onca, we didnt get to speak a whole lot, but Im glad you checked up on me and asked me how things were going, as well as getting me in touch with Tim so that I could ask my combat system questions. I know we didnt have a whole lot of reason to RP INC but you were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction to get my questions answered. You were very much right about coming into play at the ball as being a good idea. Thank you so much!

I do not know his name...but he was an awesome dwarf, with an awesome drinking horn, and an awesome beard.

It was so enjoyable to watch the roleplay between people. I couldve attended this ball as a fly on the wall, and it wouldve been worth it still.

I apologize for double posting, but I wanted to make sure some people I met were recognized. I apologize for not remembering many names, but Ill get it!

OOG: Chris Stephens
Last edit: 11 Nov 2013 12:53 by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Onca (Lorelai), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
11 Nov 2013 13:16 - 11 Nov 2013 13:18 #11 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights

Elawyn wrote: - Being happy for once in a conversation with Aliester, and noting that Croi was no where near to witness it.

WHAT. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY.
JEN...HOW COULD YOU!! FAILED, YOU HAVE.

Also, Chris/Willow, welcome to KR! And don't feel bad about names...with (sometimes multiple) IG names, OOG names...it is a lot to take in all at once. You'll get them eventually :) Your costume was awesome! I'm sad I didn't get to RP with you...in the future, perhaps.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Last edit: 11 Nov 2013 13:18 by Annora (Karen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
11 Nov 2013 14:01 - 11 Nov 2013 14:06 #12 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
Yeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh.....

My first Moresca Ball and I did not know what to expect of both the location and the decor. Needless to say, I was greatly impressed by the site.

The food was great and awesome- mad props to everyone who contributed to this grand feast. Les and I would have made something but given the drive, something hot would not have lasted and baked goods required prep I did not have time for. Next year, this will not be the case...

The RP... some very good RP was to be had and are helping to form more impressions of people and factions within Travance. The way it should be, I think.

ICly, some of the information gained via conversation about events far to the west have given Duncan pause and cause for concern; especially the assault upon the Selendrian lands & people for nothing more than resources. Resources? Really? thats about a good a reason to slaughter people like their being a different religion than you.
I dare say that particular plot piece is going to lead to problems for inter-PC relations soon... at least it seems that way to me.

Asking several individuals who would know about such things about how the highlands are faring in all this and not getting answers - no one knows much other than they were holding on at last word (got this from three people!)... then the Baroness having no ready answers- she had not heard anything prior to the Valarian War and this seemed to disturb her some more- over not having an answer to give or not knowing, I don't know. (btw, way to look upset frazzled yet fighting for the positive face to show in public, m'lady...) but the under her public facade, the annoyance/anger over not being able to give an answer was noted. My heart IC went out to her...

Discussions with Brother Aldrick on what he was hearing and experiencing was enlightening... and I cannot apologize enough for missing his getting taken- had I been less concentrating on the Templar in front of me, I might have been able to stop it... Damn it.

Chatting with the new Celt the good Brother brought with him to the ball... "Twas a pleasure to meet you Coreena (sp?) and I look forward to chatting with ye again and mayhaps teaching a thing or two to you..

Talking with the Dwarven Ambassador for a while was interesting.... then hearing about the troubles they face from Alander gave me both worry and confidence. You will have my sword arm to help you, my Friend. Promise is a promise.

Semi-tricking Birgitta into hte Story Session was a win for many reasons... and I was forgiven for it later. Worth the dirty look to hear the tale though...

The OOC: Proof position that crap can happen to anyone and anywhere happened with the Ambulance Visit and subsequent ride to the hospital for an old friend... Rotten way to spent the last half of the ball but you cannot plan for this stuff- only take it as it comes. Get better soon Cass.

All of it made for a lovely night and I look forward to the next event more than ever...

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 11 Nov 2013 14:06 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
11 Nov 2013 14:05 #13 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
Oh come on, by now its a running joke of Brother Alrdric teasing Duncan about that...

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
11 Nov 2013 14:07 - 11 Nov 2013 14:16 #14 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights

Brother Aldric wrote: Oh come on, by now its a running joke of Brother Alrdric teasing Duncan about that...

Oh it is... I just don't like losing people for no good reason. ;)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 11 Nov 2013 14:16 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
11 Nov 2013 14:39 #15 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
<<-An interesting scholar meet>>

Someday, maybe Edwin will be accepted as a scholar.... :cool:

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
11 Nov 2013 17:32 #16 by Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv)
Replied by Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
A few important highlights:

- Managed to have a romantic night with Secarius. Avalyn had her first kiss on the top of a balcony. :)

- Avalyn spoke with a Northerner about poetry and the concept of Southern dance. She absolutely loved his tale about the women of the Northern tribes and how fierce they were-- all and all a very inspiring tale.

- Watching the dance was quite fun, Cree asked Avalyn to dance, however, Avalyn has two left feet and has never danced before. She politely refused.

- Found herself hidden in the drinking room with Master Crone discussing her new self-taught skill. Also, discovered how much she looks up to her amazing teacher. :)

- Wished very much to have seen Albert, Victor, and other close friends.

"Ode? I don't owed you anything! RIGHT? HAHA." - Blade

"Miss Ode, you're one for mind shooting and what not. Would you by chance be interested in a Magic Trick contest?" - Goggins
----
OOG: Jamie J
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
11 Nov 2013 19:06 #17 by Alander Claver (Alander)
Replied by Alander Claver (Alander) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
- My conversation with Valentine Grey about Brazen was quite good but the best part was the lead up. Good on you Geoff for getting 2 people to role play that normally may not have.

Sir Gideon: Alander could you explain Brazen and the religion to my friend here?
Alander: (look of utter confusion) Wait aren't you the high priest of Brazen? Shouldn't you be doing that?

- Winning 2nd place in the poetry contest with something I made up on the spot in like ten minutes.

- The dancing was ridiculously fun. (Thanks Jen!)

- Having Ilana whisper to me the niceties of fancy pants parties while I plaster a dumbfounded look on my face.

- Count Winterdark becoming my favorite noble IC because he hates goblins almost as much as I do.

- Speaking with the Dwarven ambassador. (Does a dance) DWARF PLOT! DWARF PLOT! DWARF PLOT!

- William telling everyone to stop clapping for him because he couldn't keep rhythm. (you people may call him Billliamm)

- Getting to show off my fancy garb that I would literally never where on any other occasion IC.

- The RP with Tiki as her goblin and my unfounded rudeness and generally douchebaggery was gold.

- Showing people "dwarf magics"

- Telling everyone I could that the Goblin Balls were poisoned and absolutely refusing to eat them even though I heard nothing but good things about them.

Honestly I had an absolute blast at this event. Its my first time attending Moresca and I loved it! Looking forward to December.

Renny S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
11 Nov 2013 19:37 #18 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights

Alander Claver wrote: - My conversation with Valentine Grey about Brazen was quite good but the best part was the lead up. Good on you Geoff for getting 2 people to role play that normally may not have.

Sir Gideon: Alander could you explain Brazen and the religion to my friend here?
Alander: (look of utter confusion) Wait aren't you the high priest of Brazen? Shouldn't you be doing that?

Definitely one of my highlights... and now we have more reason to RP in the future. Also, your explanation really did open my eyes to some things I hadn't thought of, so ... Gideon clearly picked you for a good reason.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
11 Nov 2013 21:17 #19 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I love playing the Selendrian ambassador. I hope I'll have further occasion to do so. I'm glad to hear that so many people enjoy RPing with him.

I had some excellent RP with the Baroness, as well as several PCs that I rarely interact with as either of my characters.

So much good food!

The poetry contest was wonderful. So was what little bits of the singing I got to hear.

Dancing was a lot of fun.

I'm really looking forward to the December event!

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
11 Nov 2013 23:41 #20 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I had a fairly interesting time this event. It was...I guess I'd say in some ways it was less fun than last year, but far more meaningful to me. Don't get me wrong, it was really fun too, but I had some very meaningful stuff happen.

For one thing, I was very glad to get to sing my Chroniclerite hymn. I knew when I picked my song that I wasn't really competing to win, but I wanted to share it, and I hope people enjoyed it. Similarly, I chose to tell a story about telling stories, rather than one of the humorous ones I knew had a better chance of winning. I also love knowing it made an impact with a few people, and hope it resonated with more.

It was also fun getting to explain to people exactly why my Chroniclerite priestess/scholar is resisting learning a few lores, despite technically having access to manuscripts/teachers. Had a few interesting reactions to it as well.

Also, last squire interview. I really do enjoy scribing. Time to type that up soon.

My main highlight, though, was a long discussion I had with Birgitta. Not gonna go into details, but it was a fantastic moment. I also found out that it inspired her "Seven year story," which in turn heavily inspired Almat.

On top of all that, it was fun playing Almat with her guard down, actually drinking a little bit and giving in to her mischievous side. That doesn't happen enough.

By the way, Ilana, scholar meet?

Also, very much hoping to get to the Selendrian ambassador more. Meant to try to do that more, but got caught up in other things.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
12 Nov 2013 10:21 #21 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I was happy that I was able to fix my dress from last year into a slightly different look. I was having trouble finding a dress but when I thought of the redesign I felt better because A) it saved money, and B) it's something Keavy would have done anyway.Also, having my make-up and hair done right this time around made me feel better too haha.

Great food all around! And I was very happy to see my quinoa crock pot was half empty when I took it home. :)

Keavy being somewhat of a prude makes for hilarious RP. So does my inability to pay attention sometimes:

Augustus: Keavy, would you dance with me?
Keavy: Of course! :D
-laughter from everyone and an explanation of what he actually meant later..-
Keavy: O__O! D:< Augustus!

A chat with Orias is always interesting, especially when it makes Keavy realize she must be a masochist for talking to him, haha.

Then a chat with Annora then joined by Grimjkell to bring Keavy's spirits up.

Dancing! It was a lot of fun trying to figure out what we had to do and keep up at the same time. I also liked that Caelvan joined in on the last dance :)

Then Selendrian business with the Ambassador. All I have to say is whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa--

Finally, moment with Arthur Goggins. Easier said than done for Keavy when he speaks to her like she's daft. Hopefully he has a slightly better understanding of her intelligence from the way she responded the next time he decides to approach her haha

I'm stoked for next event. Bring it on!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Goggs (coryan), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
12 Nov 2013 11:35 - 12 Nov 2013 11:37 #22 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
This is going to be a very weird highlight.

Yes, that was me the EMTs hauled out on the stretcher. Long story short, I've hurt my lower back in such a way that made it impossible for me to stand up. I'm home now, and filled with more vicodin than an episode of House. I'm not fine, but I can hobble my way around now.

This leads me to the highlight: the community of this game. When most people speak about a community, they're usually referring to a welcoming nature and smiling faces. The KR community is that and far more. While I was stuck on the bench in the corner, I think something like half the attendees of the ball came to check on me. Thank you especially to Norm and John T., for keeping calm and getting the EMTs out; to Leslie, for magic fingers ;-), to Geoff for hanging around the entire time to help out in about a million different ways, to Joe H. and Mars and Larry and Diane and the lass with the long black hair with the ibuprofen whose name I did not catch, for a myriad of things that may have seemed small at the time but kept me from going into a massive panic; to Cappy and Goose for helping shuttle around those whose rides I was responsible for; to Gene and James for trying to visit me in the ER (even though they could not get in); to Renny, for helping me out on the ride home; thank you to anyone I forgot in my haze of pain then and haze of painkillers now. Thank you to everyone who checked in on me throughout the night and the next day.

This whole situation only underscored the fantastic community of people who make up Knight Realms, and so this medical mess (which could have ended a whole lot worse) is, in its own weird way, an enormous highlight.

IC, if everyone could just pretend Lois got food poisoning from the goblin balls and had some sort of dramatic Victorian fainting spell, that would be wonderful ;-)

Beyond all of that, the part of the ball I was there for was a blast :) The food was great, the costumes were great, the company was great. I got to listen to the poetry contest, and that was a lot of fun, and watching you all dance from my spot in the corner was fun, too :) I don't know if I'll be able to make the December event (I'll definitely have to be non-com if I do), but I'm going to try because dammit y'all are my favorite people and I want to see you more :)

-Cassie

P.S. Cory, I'm still giggling over Goggs and the "pseudo-gnome". :-D

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
Last edit: 12 Nov 2013 11:37 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Goggs (coryan)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
12 Nov 2013 11:52 #23 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I was glad I was able to give my cool gift from Dwarven Paths an extended workout (the furs with the hood) it seemed like good Barbarian non-combat wear and so it was.

Highlights: Meeting Lief at last. Cameron is always awesome but that was great.

Meeting Victor Sylus and Lord Fogrom was also big for me and Grim, and some of the interaction with Fogrom was interesting as well because of the differences between a new barbarian and a heavily acculturated one were very much on display.

The food. Oh dear. It was amazing. I was very glad people liked the Chili.

Seeing everyone look so lovely in their fancy dress costumes.

Being ordered by the baroness herself to be less Grim and not to report or talk about the status of the Heargen Clan's mission was fun too, and the part she said at the end about her own family provoked a lot of sympathy from gruff Berserker. Nice work there!

Spending time with Augustus and Dominic is always a pleasure, even if Dominic thinks Grim is some kind of dog to snuggle up against (Keavy knows this pain)

Getting tricked by caldor and Croi into entering the poetry contest.

All the poems in general, particular Wormwood's attitude and haiku.

Winning the contest, and getting absurdly angry and flustered IG as I do so.

All the roleplay with Angeliana was in general top notch stuff, especially when we started talking about love and things.

The brief but important roleplay with Keavy and Annora, which then led into some important roleplay with Aleister and Belegchand.

All my interactions as my NPC, Durgrim Stonemight, Ambassador of the Dwarf-King. It was a lot of fun to play off the same characters I do with Grimkjell and have totally different kinds of interactions, and talk to people he never would normally approach, like Lady Brightstar or Morwen, who was a particular highlight of mine.

The dwarf reactions were great to Durgrim, those who noticed he was an ambassador anyway. (Darnit Angus, you were too busy gambling for me to talk to you)

Remembering that the Dwarven Ambassador would use a fork and eat in a more civilized manner than Grimkjell does, and thus actually not making a mess of my beard ;)

How cool both my masks looked. TY so much Sarah and Tori!

Finding out the barbarians won singing, storytelling AND poetry. Take THAT londwyns, time for a friendly cultural rivalry!

All the innuendos that grim didn't understand, and the Selendrian ambassador getting in on it. Talking about Kennings and storytelling in Northman culture.

Getting a few nibbles of Annora's Pomegranate

Those terrifying and creepy mannikins and the super big clown in the drink room. Especially the mannikin that looked like Aemorniel.

Cleanup chat and helping james out was also great fun.

The car ride over with Cory and Sarah was nice too!

And finally, I loved driving back to jason and Ree's house at 3 in the morning blasting the Protomen at the top of my speakers.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
12 Nov 2013 12:00 #24 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
Whoever was playing the new little green goblin was a lot of fun. She kept whimpering and hiding from Grimkjell, which made me feel good because I like people being scared of him AND she was doing well as a new goblin and rper. Loved it!

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
12 Nov 2013 16:57 #25 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I MADE ORIAS WORMWOOD LAUGH.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
12 Nov 2013 18:39 #26 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights

Croínamara wrote: I MADE ORIAS WORMWOOD LAUGH.

And this marks the second time Croi breaks someone that everyone else is scared of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
12 Nov 2013 19:57 #27 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
I labeled a lot of the food.

I did label the ham (contains pork) - since sometimes, it doesn't

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
13 Nov 2013 11:04 #28 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
First Ball event.
The hall was amazing.
The food was delishious though I fear some pork may have been in the Swedish meatballs...and got me.
The costumes were great.
The singing awesome. Having LeMis take over... Eh.
The poems...awesome
The stories awesome
The EMS call...not so much. Very hard to treat/help a friend. Gets in your head. Thanks to those who dragged me back into game afterward.
The Bee that loved my gown... I hope he made it home without freezing. That was funny.

I think anything plot related moved around me as I found out stuff after the fact and missed out. Grrr.

But the eye candy was great too the fancy dresses and outfits really made the seamstress in me drool.

And back at you my Chroniclerite... Thanks to you when winter keeps me away... Yes James I remember your admonishment from what 9 years back... I will have IG news!

Now to try to figure out my Dragons Color. Anyone who wants to put in their two cents PM me here.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
13 Nov 2013 13:56 #29 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights
This was actually rather interesting for Elric, from going over the fate of his armor during the week before the ball, to the shenanigans during the ball...
The general reaction of certain kaladonians when they noticed Tris was dragging Elric to the ball.
Damn Saemus, you scary!

Finally learning a mental defense (3 years isn't too long, right?)

Giant bananas... And awkward drunk shenanigans.

Once upon a time wormwood...

Elric managing to get out of singing (you forgot the blood loss part of the equation!)

More banana shenanigans.

Tris's reaction to Elawyn singing... Tell me that Elric wasn't the only one that noticed.

Aaand the pomegranate... I ate almost half of the seeds before Annora noticed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
13 Nov 2013 15:34 #30 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Winterdark 2013 Ball Highlights

Croínamara wrote: I MADE ORIAS WORMWOOD LAUGH.

I MISSED THIS?!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Croínamara (Jen)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.860 seconds