Jan 2014 Event Highlights!

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
27 Jan 2014 09:11 #1 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Jan 2014 Event Highlights! was created by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Well ladies and gents, this weekend would not be called the most eventful due to the harsh weather outside, but I must say a lot of heart warming and amazing moments made everlasting memories that will forever be in this guys head. Seeing how this is the first full weekend event of the New Year, it makes sense that one of the loudest people in Travance brings in the first full event highlights of the New Year! So let everyone gather around the warm glow of their computer screens (Or I phone/ Android screens.) and share their memories!

Friday: Friday was sort of a bitter sweet night for me. Jack got out of trouble from all his antics during November, but the man behind the character Dane, was extremely worried for Charlie. I'm glad he's doing okay, and to be honest I could only hope to be half as dedicated as Charlie is in the long run. But! After a visit with Slack, Mr. Dimms was absolved of all his transgressions and out he went in order to do what he did best, be a fool. Well from friday I remember a lot of great rp. After Leyon, Jack would be introduced via Eva to a gypsy named Rostavella. Jack was terrified since he has nooooooo idea how to actually talk to women. That lead to Jack trying to run away from Eva, only to be caught by a Mr. JT Tierny (SP? and sorry, I can't for the life of me remember your IG name.) So he then sat down and had one of the most awkward conversations he's ever had. After that came Jack's baptism, one that had a lot of irony to the events afterward as he was confronted by two DEMONIC WOLVES.... Yes, not bunny rabbits, not butterflies, not anything silly...well except the rats... and died.

It was then a long time walking around as Jack's spirit headed into the Inn to try and find someone to help him out. After about 20 to 30 minutes of his spirit horsing around, he was finally brought to the Inn where Father Ashby I believe brought him back to life. After which it was a lot of awesome Rp that I can't fully remember as I was cold and tired, but just a quick thank you to the people in Pendarvin for putting myself and new player Jeremiah up in the statehouse. It was to say the least, friggin cold and we couldn't get our heat working inside of the cabin we were in.

Saturday: Ah yes Saturday, welp the day started with me being Jack for only about 20 minutes before my NPC shift, and so Jack sat with Brother Aldric and Yorick and ate some cookies the wind had dropped off to them. After that it was off to NPC shift which this month's was one of my favorite NPC shifts! You see, Jack as much rp as he does is a combat character, so combat is fun and all, but I love to do roleplaying as an NPC and boy did I ever get some great rp in. I think the most memorable one is where I was the farmer from Glensdale, Roland and I went out to get any sort of gold, food, or clothing from the other PC's. This lead to a lot of great roleplay with Raziel as they then would teach him the ways of Aguara and Roland would then approach other players and ask if they had anything for him, being now angered and wanting someone to do something useful for him. This led to him being stunned and stumbling all the way to the side doors of the Inn, only to be thrown onto a couple of seats, and snuggling up to his hat as it was handed to him.

After that I was sent out as a mugger and me and my partner in crime would grab a bit of tea, then follow two other NPCs out til they were alone, mug them, then walk back to the Inn to get someone to help them. We were then sent back out after a successful mugging, so we then tried to mug three guardsmen. We were taken down and apprehended. Before that I think I went out with as a scam artist who tried to scam the good people of Travance into thinking two hard working people out of their hard earned money. Sadly a couple of those people could see the actually truth and brought me in, which was may favorite part about that as I was trying to do anything to get away from Weyland's grasp.

After that I would be sent out one last time and was told do anything to get money out of the people. I got up on a stool and challenged a dwarf to a drinking competition which ended in hilarious results. After about the 5th drink, I dropped to the ground, only to be lifted up, which made my NPC puke all over the PC with the skeleton face mask. (Sorry I'm terrible with names.)

With NPC shift over Jack headed back to the Inn to hang around until something was going on, but first Jack needed to be punished for his slights against his new god. So Jack was taken to the back of the Inn and was forced to endure great pain. Jack then headed off to the tower mod in which demonic goblins were terrorizing a town. Now of course after which we were supposed to get loot, but no the others who came with decided they didn't really want loot so they had this huge argument over what to do with Jack. He was then sent back to the end of the line and got his new nickname Dimm-wit. Ahahahahaha...... Really funny..... But! That didn't stop Jack from getting loot. He then went back and got in all the great rp one man could ever ask for. I know one of my favorite parts of the whole event was sitting in on Jed's preaching. OOG I'm not a huge church goer, but if Judge was the preacher at any sort of thing like that, I would go cause those sermons had me actually riveting. I know I'm forgetting a lot of what happened too, but my brain was frozen after all of that, but I had to leave early so sadly I didn't get to stay for sunday. In any case thank you for all those who complimented me. I've only been doing larping since May but I feel like I'm making strides in my roleplay and fighting. It's making me feel awesome to be recognized for it.

So ladies and gentlemen what were your favorite moments from this weekend? Who were your favorites? Moments that were awesome? Moments not so awesome? Lay it all down and let's chop it up like only the people of KR can! Til next time this is everyone's favorite loud mouth saying I miss you all already and wishing everyone good health, good luck, and much ale in the future!

P.S. Justin plays an awesome Londwyin.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
27 Jan 2014 09:48 #2 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
Well well…

January Event is now in the books and all I can say is… holy shit. On several levels, too.

I think this is the first time in the five months (has it really been that long/short) I was not involved in main plot in any major capacity. Involved in effects still roiling and boiling from events past (see the revealing of the Highlands deaths….) and a few more side plots where I got to be creative and well, evil… but nothing really pertaining to this month’s plot.

Goes to show you that there is PLENTY to get in the middle of besides the Big Stuff.

Friday pre-layon and stuff…

Omg cold. Standing on line for registration was the first point I doubted my sanity in coming. Or in at least how I dressed for travel. But once I got dressed into garb and my wonderful homemade double-layer cloak (thank you Leslie!!!), warmth was had as well as protection from the wind.

I am still honored to be allowed to give some of the lay-on brief for safety/medical… and I am glad folks pay attention. The fact there was only three Dehydration/cold weather injury issues (all preventable and all players repentant!) I know of out of the more than a hundred players on site at any one time… tells me everyone is listening and for that you guys rock; thank you!

Lay-on began the giving of information on the Highlands devastation. Some of the news was painful to give to those hailing from there and some of it not so much but raising questions with no answers. And the RP generated for this… was good. Everything from shock to anger to tears was had- and will make for interesting events/rp later.

Saturday…
First shift NPC duty. I had a feeling it was gonna be an interesting one- and even better in the light snow that appeared at 10am…. Which was about two hours ahead of when I thought it was gonna hit.
NPC Banditry/Looting was fun and I doubt the Great Banner Chase will be forgotten-Conor, I did wind up bleeding from that tumble but the cold kept it from being a lot).

RP’ing refugees was… interesting to say the least and some of the RP with Croinmara in this (who was still recovering from her news or so it seemed) was excellent. Then came the “Westboro Baptist Valos Priest” and the thundered comment that made an area so quiet as a result you could hear a pin drop…. In the SNOW. (I was told later the Inn got just as quiet when the comment was heard…). Remmy, had I an RP card, I’d have given it to you for the look on your face alone.

Then came the epic Wendigo battles that nearly cost two players a life tag and caused Magnus and Templar Rayven a large portion of their abilities in putting the four of us down along with our possessed minions. One of the two funniest parts of this involved Grimjell biting Angeliana to death while possessed- she did not know he was when she did her Sanctuary and included him inside it. Oops.

The other was during the Magnus/Rayven fight… when Rayven put a quick heal on the down Burkhart (one of our possessed minions) as I was chasing the Templar, I immediately smacked Burk with a Drainlife going “Drain life- get back down….” The Roar of happiness at being able to fight followed by the cry of despair at denial of that chance kibbled everyone.

Saturday night plotting fighting stuff with the Mercs and Bat Cooper was interesting… and more so when the fighting was discovered by the inn and we nearly missed it. This fight would be the first time I have been *that* close to a life tag loss… and the first time I have managed to nearly out-hit a major NPC. One more Parry… and I had him.

Grr…

Fighting at the inn later, was hectic and fun… though having to yell OOC at people for fighting on the icy slick porch was not. As it is, someone took a tumble later on off it… and was saved from major injury due to his shield and armor…. Thus proving Armor works against blunt trauma like slamming into frozen ground and stairs…

Wonderful RP with Lady Silverbow and one of the sons, some very pointed discussion with Clyde and a quiet conference with a few others about the highlands… was a great way to wind down

Sunday Morning was more light RP until I had to pack and depart at noon. Wish I could have stayed longer but with stuff to do in the evening and an up-to- 3-hour ride, staying was not part of the equation. February might be a better chance of that.

All in all, the weekend was a great one for RP and I want to thank everyone I interacted with while a PC and NPC for the wonderful fun I had.

For those asking after her, Leslie (tpo Birgitta) thanks you guys for asking and your concern. She will be back when its warmer… and maybe with Melody too (for those wishing the dog was there this weekend…)

**SIDE NOTE- Dane, that was me who caught you in the inn.**

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
27 Jan 2014 10:12 #3 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
This was an awesome RP event for me!!! Friday night Gaian Mass was great! I was happy about all who were able to make it and very pleased at the participation. The conversation with Bat and Caldor afterward was just as cool for me! Lots of good information and food for thought! Thank you guys for staying and hanging out!

Saturday's Market Faire was great. Setting up the alchemy shop was fun. I made so many potions, I was tapped out of crafting points. I loved interacting with the refugees and was happy to give away money to help them out. Gaia will provide and here is some coin to help with that! Also, getting to chat with my favorite gypsy, Dimitri! Then getting my Tarot done by my second favorite gypsy, Carlos! It was eerily acurate and when he turned the card that referenced her family, Maralas broke a little bit.

Feast was delicious!!! Thank you to all who worked so hard! Everything was tasty. My first time saying the benediction . . . Started off good; but then I got nervous, so I ended quick. I will have to work on that some.

Oh, my gosh, was it cold!!! So glad we had heaters, hand and feet warmers and good friends to squish up against!

Sunday morning lessons with Rudolph and chatting with Serje (SP? sorry Chris) and Caldor was just so much fun. Getting to say hello to Gideon and talk about Valentine a bit was fun . . .

Thank you very much to all the players and staff that made this event so awesome!!! I really loved the RP. For those who missed the Gaian Mass, I plan to make that a regular thing for Maralas. Hopefully those who missed it will be able to make one in the future. So much love to you all! Thanks again for an awesome event!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
27 Jan 2014 10:54 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
My highlights are very unusual to me this month, as different things stood out.

My favorite thing this event was being demonic goblins for Tower mod. The other NPCs I got to work with were GREAT people, and we had fun planning out how to do things. Its great to work with a good group. Beyond that, the group of low levels were fantastic. You guys fought well, tried to protect eachother (sorry about that Chris/Willow, it was just too much fun getting to you), and had a wonderful mix of skills an abilities.
Also THANK YOU for always being willing to let us stand up for dissection/searching.

Hats off again to Conor and David for the "mid-level" mod. I truly enjoy these "thinking" mods. they have the right balance of thinking, skill use and combat. I'm very proud that our group took down the enemies, but we didn't actually kill anything that we could save.

Gaian mass with Marals, Bat Cooper, Wife, Valentine and new barbarian whose name is escaping me (sorry) was excellent. It was so very different than other masses, and I was really impressed with your creative additions. I also loved hearing more about people's stories because of it. The post mass discussion was fantastic.

I really enjoyed getting to peek into some of the theology of town clergy. Marals, Bat, Remy, Razael, Lenore, Angelica, Lazarus, and everyone else who put up with my questions, I appreciate it.

First Arch Caster lesson! Woot!

Saw the Targetteer scroll... so awesome.

Light Mass was good as well.

Learned howling wind... and got to teach Gideon lessons. Caldor is extremely proud to have taught Gideon and Klyden druidics. Keavey should be proud that I continued her cat like grace teaching method. By the end, I think the whole inn was involved.

I really liked the main mod site.... Not just because it was close, but because that area has great geography for making an interesting battle.

Feast was delicious. I feel bad for anyone who didn't get to smell the Jar of sauce for the desert before Sam put it on.

I know I have more, but I'll think back later.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Maralas (adamdrew3), Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
  • Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
27 Jan 2014 12:00 #5 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
I must say I had a blast. This was my second event. First event as my new PC, Jorik Wulfsbane. I'd been playing with the character concept for about a year, but hadn't been able to make it due to time, money and lack of costume. Finally after NPCing the event for November/December, I made it my goal to attend January as my new PC even if I did not have all of my costume pieces that I desire. All of the compliments on my fur, and mail, definitely made me feel good about the countless hours I spent on it. Everyone was very helpful, and friendly and made me feel at home.

New player Mod after new player training was excellent. After touring the camp and getting introduced to some of the Brigands of Travance, we hit the inn. I was then introduced to Jack Dimms who OOG prior to the event hooked me up with a place to stay in the small cabin in Pendarvin. After sharing a drink at the Inn Jorik accompanied Jack to the Forge where he was introduced to some of the other Smiths. While at the forge we encountered a Girl who claimed that her brothers were being attacked by wolves. 5 or six of us left the forge and began to follow, but Jorik stayed back because he saw something moving behind the building. Needless to say, the girl was merely a lure for some thieves. Jorik did his best to defend the forge by himself, however he was outnumbered 3-1 and one of them managed to hit him with a waylay. Fortunately they left him where he was and attacked the rest of the party who were by now out in the middle of the field. Not quite sure what happend, but I think Carlos was able to talk sense into them after a short fight, and Thieves and heros alike left for the inn to warm up, unaware that Jorik was lying unconscious outside the forge. Needless to say Jack Dimms owes Jorik a drink or 20. Jorik met Caldor and Aella (sp??) on the road, and decided to take them up on their offer to attend a Gaian Mass. The mass was very enlightening for Jorik as he is very naive with regards to all things Divine.
After Role playing at winterdark for a bit, Jorik headed back to our cabin and realized that there was no heater. I decided to try and Bear Grylls the situation and test out just how well my subzero sleeping bag was, while Jack took up the offer from the group in Pendarvin's main cabin to sleep there since there was some extra room. 30 minutes later I moved the rest of my stuff into pendarvin and tried to warm up haha.

Next morning joined the guard, and became accquainted with some more players.

Tower Mod was excellent. Great combat, great roleplay. After having a somewhat uneventful day it was great to get moving and get into the thick of the action.

all of the food cooked over the weekend was amazing, but feast was especially delicious.

NPC'd main mod. Walking up the road, with the other NPC's and chanting in unison gave me the chills. I can only imagine what it was like for the PCs. it was quite an epic battle.
Went to bed saturday night shortly after my NPC shift. It was quite an exhausting day. Sunday morning I woke and went up to the inn, where there where only a few people stirring. I heard that most of the NPC's for sunday morning had bailed and that they needed volunteers so I headed over to Logistics to help out. Had quite a good time Sunday morning in the various NPC roles that I and the others got assigned.
All in all it was an awesome first event. It was cold, but I managed to stay warm. So glad that the february event is only 3 weeks away.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maralas (adamdrew3)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
27 Jan 2014 12:13 - 27 Jan 2014 13:44 #6 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
My highlights from this weekend?
Matt Majchrzak
Dan Osmun
Judge Devoe
Tim Ponjican
James Kimball
Gene Stern
Chris Zipeto
Sean Hallahan

Stay beautiful, all of you and PYD.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 27 Jan 2014 13:44 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem), Fortier (Greysect)
27 Jan 2014 12:44 #7 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
It was my first KR event and I full-time NPC'd. Friday night, being a Death Herald was tons of fun, loved the reactions out of a lot of the PCs, you guys were great. The barn was cold as hell, but the heater definitely helped.

Did some refugee and bandit NPCing on Saturday, before being a corrupted goblin for tower mod. As my first real combat mod, it was lots of fun, and I felt like we were giving the PCs a good challenge. PCs roleplayed the encounter pretty well, starting out cocky against a bunch of goblins but getting more apprehensive when they realized how many of them there were - kudos to you guys, it was a good fight.

Did some NPCing for a scene that I thought was absolutely awesome. I don't think I should say much about it because of plot, but I can say that if I wasn't sold on KR by then, the atmosphere of that scene would have sold me on it. Awesome stuff.

Main mod was, quite literally, awesome. The unified chanting was really cool, and I'd love to know how it made the PCs feel. The fight was really chaotic, but a great melee in general. Put a couple of people into serious, got to shout defiance at the Travancians when they told us to stand down at the end, telling them that if they knew True Faith, they would know that we would never surrender.

A pity that that act was followed up by me forgetting the words "Chaotic Mind," which ended up in me getting mind controlled pretty much immediately thereafter. Ah, well, it's a learning experience.

Sunday consisted of being a water elemental, which was fun.

I had a great time at my first event. You guys were awesome, and made me feel welcomed. The quality of roleplaying and costumes was great; I definitely look forward to returning next month with my PC.

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jorik (rjvanscoten)
  • Willow That Walks
  • "What's that? Who are you? What are those?"
  • Thank Yous: 34
27 Jan 2014 14:44 #8 by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
Replied by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
Alrighty, Start to finish, this event was the followup from Moresca that sold me 100% on going for the rest of my foreseen existence.
Im horrible with names and honestly some of the people I RP'd with or NPC'd with were having so much fun I think names completely escaped us.
The Awesome:
-Getting to the camp for the first time and immediately feeling like I wasn't being stressed by work or anything out of game was a real refresher. It's been a long time since I felt that escape and it meant a lot to me that everyone was so helpful in helping me find where I needed to go.

-Checking in was very easy and I was glad staff werent perturbed at all by us VA folks arriving a little late. I was so excited to get out there and RP that instead of going to bed after the 4 and a half hour drive, I geared up immediately and headed to the Inn.

-RPing with all the sleepy people's who were up late was interesting. Everyone seemed like they wanted to hibernate, but in the end that night helped me understand the status of the world itself as I was constantly asking questions about things that have transpired so I could learn them INC. Angeliana and Dr. Darkwood were both very helpful in enabling me to grasp what was going on around me. Thank you for offering to bring me breakfast Ilana :D, sorry I was so sleepy I pseudo-coma'd into saturday.

-The camp in the snow looked so neat! albeit slightly treacherous in some areas. Despite the renovations and construction of some of the buildings, it makes me feel great knowing that the event fee Im paying is going towards improving the larp in some way, and not just all into someone's pocket. I like how theres a sense of progression and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

-Saturday noon to afternoon was a cornucopia of RPing awesome. Being able to sit around in the Inn and introduce myself to people, explain Willow's philosophies and beliefs, as well as learn things most would consider mundane INC. I can point out many facts that Willow learned.

1. Goggins taught Willow what a spanner was after he unceremoniously swiped the wrench from his pack. He was very kind and intriguing.

2. Willow learned what wine tasted like, and apparently is not a fan of being intoxicated. Dizzy-drink makes you dizzy.

3. Typhon and Kaldor both made excellent teachers in explaining the foundations of what it means to be a druid, as well as explaining their roles in druidic society respectfully. It was sad to discover that Lady Elawyn was not around nor would be for the foreseeable future, as Willow was looking to be mentored by her. But what was even more intriguing was discovering the man who took up her mantle in her stead.

4. Valentine and Typhon teaching Willow how economy and wealth works as well as taxes. Additionally coming to understand the importance of coin itself and it's role in the marketplace and Travance as a whole. The way you guys explained it was very real and easy to understand INC.

5. Karen (funny I totally brained your INC name) teaching Willow what a spear and shield were and how they were used. [I will eventually need to seek training in the use of a polearm to be entirely honest *rubs hands together* gooood.....] Sword on a stick!

6. This happened on friday night, but Ilana taught Willow what a physician was and how they help people. She also gave him a little information about how you can be an assistant when using skills to help others.

7. Discussions about human procreation...and how a great deal of it went over Willow's head or was too awkward to explain. Lots of red faces, lots of Willow being confused.

8. Kaldor explaining how alchemicals work, potions and the like as well as gifting him with a good handful of useful things. I used the itching powder! Very convenient.

9. Willow learned what a brownie is.
"Here, it's a brownie"
Willow: "What is it? It looks like dirt."
"My wife made it, it's good."
"Oh, made by a dryad, ok!" *sticks brownie in mouf*
"Wooow...that's definitely not dirt....much tastier."
(Marie, omg...t'was delicious!)

-The "Tower" Mod. I was excited to go, it was my first introduction to the combat system and honestly I loved how it flowed. I liked how when effects were called, people who asked for clarifications got quick answers and didnt argue, almost to the point where holds didnt even need to be called and combat kept going. I liked being able to snare a few of the demon goblins and be useful, as well as heal a couple other people. And on the same coin, I got whopped and downed by Jason. Congrats, you were my first lol. The upside was at least it was easy math! I was sitting there counting my concentration and saw you running towards me, I kind of knew I would get Angela up, as I counted to 10, I said "Cure Light Wounds, 12 points." and then came the blade, *WHOP* down I go. With only 5 body, I ish squishy. I wasnt upset at all about that, I kinda felt special that I got targeted, made me feel like I had a purpose, despite having the effective staying power of a dried out twig ready to be snapped.

-On that same token, Ill repeat again, I liked how when either someone called an effect on me that I didnt know or vice versa, all I had to do was ask quickly or explain quickly and there wasnt any arguing. The fact that a marshal wasnt far away at all times made me feel like the rules were being upheld and I didnt really have to worry about cheating so much.

-Mr. Tinney's quick rescue when I started shivering. My costume was warm in all places except the two most important ones for someone who's anemic. My fingers and toes. Despite feeling slightly embarrassed for having to be carted off from the mod, I was glad the cold was taken seriously and no one told me to "buck up" or "shouldve worn better clothing". After that I learned that even fully waterproofed moccasins do not offer much in the way of insulating your feet. I later discovered a way to counteract that by putting two pairs of toe warmers in each moccasin. :D I've never attended an event so cold that frostbite was honestly a danger, but we're all hardcore and it was handled very well.

-The banter amongst people in the armory, learning more about the game while we were in the medical hold. Belegchand explaining profession roles, strengths and weaknesses so that I could get a better grasp of the system was very helpful. To all the folks who helped me out during that time, whether fetching my more insulated boots or bringing heat packs for my frozen feet, you were all so awesome.

-The feast atmosphere was very lively and believable. I felt like I was actually at a feast, the long tables, people elbow to elbow sharing stories and jokes. The food was delicious.

-NPCING! For my first npc rotation I got to go out as 3 awesome roles. The first was one of my favorites. In the other larp I came from, I played a rogue/assassin type. I've always liked skulking around in the shadows, and the dynamic of being a priest who had stealth abilities and prayers to match the playset was incredibly reminiscent of D&D. It was really difficult for me to remember the prayer verbals, so I stuck to what I liked best, backstabbing...a lot. My favorite bit of deception during that mod was encountering a Kitieran and her friend who looked lost and confused, I walked up to them and said "This is crazy isn't it? Im a little scared right now to be honest" they replied "Yeah, I can't even tell whose friend from foe." my response "I know right?" as her friend turns, I assail him and drop him there on the spot. The look of utter betrayal on her face was so genuine when his body hit the ground, as I ran off cackling. You know people are INC when they react in such second-nature ways to things happening to them and others. Additionally, going that whole time without using any other skills than backstab damage and assail. Bread and butter, I don't need that Hide in Shadows. I blend...

-The next npcing rift was playing an undead. I decided to try my hand at sword and board and I wore some pretty legit armor. Realizing I was the only one who could legitimately push into the tavern without dying instantly was very empowering, it was incredible to see the other undead follow behind me as I held the line and moved forward. This glory was somewhat short-lived however, as after a certain point I was dominated, and turned against my undead friends. It was quite fun, and I totally understand why wearing armor has it's OOC advantages. Had I not been wearing it and attempting the same breach, I would be covered in bruises right now. Instead the satisfying symphony of 'pings' and 'pangs' and 'dings' of countless weapons pounding into the armor were what filled my ears, as well as the cacophony of damage that I could only come to understand as "You are going to die, in about 10 seconds from taking all of this damage. Because counting it all would be a superhuman feat."

-My most enriched and deep RP experience yet was playing a farmer from Glensdale, which had just been decimated by trolls. It was amazing considering how the NPC's all originally treated it as a joke while waiting to go out, but the second we actually came into the Inn, it all became very real. People were sobbing, panicking, trying to kill themselves because of their grief, some were truly inconsolable and some let those compassionate souls in to help. It was amazing to see how each NPC came up with their own on-the-spot backstory which made each of us unique. We all lost something, whether it was family, wealth, pets, etc. At least one of us played a horrible person who actually sacrificed their family to escape the trolls who was particularly apathetic to the situation. The characters were all very believable, and there was a lot of OOC crying too. When a characters emotions become so powerful that they overwhelm you and you BECOME them, that is true RP. And I saw so much of it that I can honestly say it was the most deeply immersing experience I have ever had. And to think, it came from a very simple idea. To all the PC's who engaged us, and to all the NPC's who made that role their own, I frickin' applaud you all. It was incredible.

-Sleeping in a cabin that was finally warm...my god that's good.

-Cleaning up and such was easy, very streamlined and straight forward. I was sad that I didnt have an alarm or something to wake me up on sunday early enough to get more RP in before lay-off. The larp I came from typically was mostly OOC on sundays when wrapping up. So realizing that at future events I have a whole 'nother 5 hours of RP before being done is pretty awesome. Ill get used to the timetable of how things are done eventually.

The Not-So-Awesome

-Cold...all I can say...holy crap.

-Cold Latex Weapons...

-Cold Latex Weapons hitting you so hard your body goes numb...

-People calling damage so fast I couldnt understand them in combination with the above.

-Slipping and falling, lack of traction makes me feel very insecure particularly since I'm a highly mobile person who normally has a godlike vestibular sense. I felt really out of sorts considering the ground was so unstable with the ice and snow. The lack of tread on my other pair of boots did not help this either. The moccasins were the only things I could maintain balance with.

-I forgot my latex staff in the armory!

The Ouch

-Getting cracked in the face hard enough to literally floor me in one swing, I dont even remember who it was, but I saw stars for a few minutes. I didnt sustain a real injury or anything, but I dunno if I can handle that more than 2-3 times in an event, I'll need to buy stock in Excedrin. I know it happens when you are in a big battle and weapons are flying everywhere, but I dont believe there should be any reason for it to happen in a 1v1 from a standing position and particularly not with the force the blow carried.

All and all, This event possessed everything I expected out of a larp, as well as a plethora of things I never could have expected which truly made it unique and memorable. All the players I interacted with directly were awesome and kind, the system seems easy to learn, and with exposure I know I will master it. I love being able to learn about the world INC through almost childlike eyes because it makes even the simplest lessons fun and engaging. The RP I had with people was amazing, asking the simplest questions often got a lot of people thinking about subjects they never really thought about before. And that was truly magical, when you can get an experienced character to sit down with you and go over something even THEY don't completely understand, it enhances the relationships and makes it truly something worth doing.

The 4 and a half hour drive to get up there, will be worth it time and time again. The event fee, the gas, all of it I think pales in comparison to what I got out of the event. And it made me happy to see my fiancee enjoying it too, as we've both been looking for a larp in our lives that we can see ourselves playing long-term and get to know everyone like it used to be for us. I look forward to making more friends and sharing more unique experiences with all of you!

A serious thanks to the marshals and coordinators who made this event smooth despite the torture of the climate. Larry, your way of explaining npc information, motivations and procedures was comical and easy to remember. And another great thanks to James for being a ringleader in this crazy circus of awesome that we all love so much. I know as time goes by, I will learn everyone's names and give credit where credit is due. For now, my memory is a bit difficult to manage in some places.

Can't wait for February!

Sincerely,

Chris Stephens aka. "Willow"

OOG: Chris Stephens
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Goggs (coryan)
27 Jan 2014 14:49 - 27 Jan 2014 15:15 #9 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
January definitely lacked in the combat area, but more than made up for it in roleplay. It's still one of the best that I've went to since I first started to play.

Friday:
Clytie manned her tea booth that evening as usual.
-Interactions with the goblins and their little quarrel with the new Bedouin at the booth. The goblins we really adorable, and the tension was at a good level
-The "ladies' tea table" conversations with Meander and Almat, talking about anything and everything, including one big plot point for Clytie over the weekend.
-Moving forward with the judicial system in the incident in September. Chatted a bit with Herrister and Magnus, and all in all dredging up the memories left a bad taste in her mouth
-Clytie actually didn't get interrogated due to her regular interrogator/customer's absence. Feel better Charlie!

Saturday:
This was her first real day as an employee of Teavance, as well as big plot and battle stuff
-Business really started getting going around breakfast to a level that she's never seen before, and got bigger and bigger after Zathir plopped 8 more teas on her table and told her to go nuts
-The Chronicler mod was entertaining and mentally stimulating. We all had to try our best not to kill everything, and Goggins was talking to the trees and was shocked when they talked back
-The Visagalan sermon. It was actually pretty cool, great jobe James and Gene!
-Tower mod was a lot more actiony, and Clytie got to make puns regarding the goblin heart she found on the ground
-Finally going to Mother Remi for help. She was avoiding Andorrans for the issue due to what she thought the response would be, but Remi actually gave her great advice.
-A lot of dancing around the situation, but Clytie finally conveyed how she felt to Arthur. That was really bittersweet, thanks to Cory for being such a good sport about this.
-Lots of crying, stopping crying to try and distract herself, and failing and crying again. And lots of makeup reapplication.
-Jed's discussion about the hypocricy in the light clergy. He and Clytie got along really well.
-Feast was soooooooo good. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.
-Vigorous strategizing and a bit of confusion, but main mod was fun. I just wish that we knew the results of what happened in the barn
-Edwin left us Blueberry cake! Too bad a necromancer interrupted and caught her unarmed. She jumped over tables SO fast.

NPC gank shift in the winter was... kind of awful, yet also awesome.
-First I was a peasant running away from 3 trolls. One of 20 peasants running away from 3 trolls. We flipped our lids for a really long time, and Cory and I 007ed under the tables. That was an awesome time
-Then we were the illiterate and excitable citizens of Brownhurst, and we made everyone uncomfortable. I gave the painfully long hugs.
-Then I was a little girl who accidentally made her first kill. It was a bit underwhelming. Though my stint as a Malycite with Schizophrenia was fun. She was pawned off onto people until Razael suggested she cause chaos by getting Billiam to attack her by angering him. Almost worked.

Sunday:
Rather peaceful, took a lot of time to learn stuff
-Clytie shared her results with Mother Remi, who was trying to reassure her, but Jason Lieb's Satyr bard made everything better when he came in with an off-tune birthday song for Remi. That was the perfect thing. Just the perfect thing. Period.
-Alchemy lessons with Meander and Rudolph, and an incredible fire magic lesson with Carlotta.
-Clytie got really excited about Close the Box. One of her customers taught her how to play, and it turned out she was pretty good at it.

Thanks to everyone for making this event so wonderful, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again in February!

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
Last edit: 27 Jan 2014 15:15 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Goggs (coryan)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
27 Jan 2014 15:26 #10 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
First of all it was great finally coming back to an event :) I missed everyone and yet, Ava was back to her usual antics!

Friday:

- More talks about religion with Several Valosians. Sorry they ran so long XD Shout out specifically to Mary as Mother Lenore for taking all the subtle and not so subtle insults Ava had about her PC's morality and self. Also another Valosian whose name I can't remember (So sorry) Warning her that her path was going to lead to self destruction. (Ironically the first person ever to really sit there and try to get her to stop doing what she was doing).

- Manhunt for the theif who cut pursed Zelretch. When we had gotten to a point where the tracks ended but he seemed like he was in range Ava yelled the loudest insult she ever did....unfortunately he didn't come. Also luckily Zelretch incurred the mini wrath of Magnus before Ava did anything to the thief....

- The towns person with the fishing hook inside him. Ava got told to be more sensitive. Good show nonetheless though XD

- Giving Refugees money trying to figure out this whole "Act of Kindness" thing. Still trying to figure out "real kindness" as opposed as doing something "kind" but still expecting a favor in return someday, which is what she sees most people doing.

-Pretty sure every conversation she has with Angeliana starts with either "move that", "Point that away" or "Don't hold that" in reference to her weapon

Saturday:

- Talk with Jed. Unfortunately for Ava, Jed is one of the only people who unsettles Ava slightly, though she really wants to hear more of what he has to say.

-Karkat(Sorry Steve if I spelled that wrong :( ) saying Ava was looking at him funny. Ava took that as she managed to creep him out, which made her slightly sad.

- Listening to Genes NPC Kapriel. It was interesting and something Ava could see, with more information of course, possibly jumping in on. Unfortunately things went south before she could get more information. She will need to follow up at game and see what exactly happened with everything.

- Missing a chaotic alteration on a angry towns member (who I heard ended up being confirmed as a malycite) which then got resolved before any fighting :( However he may have said something which led to something on Sunday.

- Main mod was fun considering the cold. Fighting yay! Lots of mind defenses with the enemies not so yay but by the end of the battle Ava's chaotic things were going through. It was fun to chaotically alter an enemy and then tell them to work it out amongst themselves.

Sunday:

-Ava was most useful during the water elementals. Most of what she did was unfreeze poor peoples limbs and unincase them in ice. Also made a lot of people remember she was also a mage.

-Billiam coming up to her saying someone told him she was a Malycite. Ava being confused since he brought it up during the water elemental battle but also glad he hadn't just straight up attack her. Telling him no, of course she wasn't and is now trying to find out who started the rumor. OOG I'm not surprised at all. IG Ava is insulted mostly because whoever started the rumor didn't accuse her to her face. So we'll see where that goes. Not the first time some weird rumor about her has started... Also Billiam reminding her about when he taught her how he told her not to give into the urges of chaos. (second time that event someone warned her lol)

- Talking to a potential new chaos warrior. Trying to explain to her the very basics about chaos without going to in depth to try and prepare her what she might be jumping into. Hopefully Ava will get to teach her more, but depending on whether or not I can make it to game next month will probably decide if she hears about more 'restrained' chaos warriors....

A++ Event would event again :)

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Templar Aldric (Selrik)
27 Jan 2014 16:17 #11 by SerenityMoonstone (SerenityMoonstone)
Replied by SerenityMoonstone (SerenityMoonstone) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
This event was defiantly suffering from the cold, but every strived through.

Highlights&Lowlights:

Pre-Game:

Unfortuantly I was working on a super-duper warm costume that fell apart last minuet for a stupid reason...my sewing machines can't handle the total 4 layers of felt and 4 of fabric to put the pieces together. So it's in a attempt later pile. :(

4 layers of tights are a mixed blessing in this weather!!

Traffic, tired, hungry and I AM A BANANA!! DOOOOOO~O~O~O~O~!!

Signing in was a bit rough when you're outside, but the heat made it feel nice. :)

ZOMG!! NOT SLEEPING IN A COLD WINDY TENT ALONE BUT IN THE INN! Yay~!

What? I can just resubmit my character background? Good, now I don't have to remember Maisie's siblings names atm. XD

Friday Night:

Nothing to report since the loopyness and attempt of warm winer costume made me turn in early. Though my bunk mate said I looked like the princess and the pea with my blankets. XD

Saturday Morning:

TEA~! Fruity tea :) With roll of good.

I got to actually teach with the skill. I only wish I was more useful on the evaluate item front. Note to self: Memorize chart. Though the Heal Life lesson brought up an interesting question of not morality but legality on whether or not we're allowed to kill someone for the sake of bringing them back for healer lessons. XD

Honestly, Saturday morning was a lot of waiting for 4o'clock for the inverted tower.

Tower Mod:

I was thankful they shortened our hike due to the cold but we still got some good stuff when we got to the goblins.

Loot? Loot?! LOOT! I never got loot before XD

Feast:

Food was awesome.

Being highjacked for a lesson that requires I regrow their limbs back before we have main mod was interesting but hurt later. XD

Whether or not this is a highlight or a lowlight singing at the feast depends on how people liked my performance. I know some were taken out, I'm sure some didn't like it, but I don't know. I hope you did and apologize if you didn't.

That Sounds Like Thunder song was a real treat though. :)

Main Mod:

...I honestly have no idea because it wasn't long before I ran out of HP and had to run back in because I was a liability not an asset. XD

I did get an interesting read with some interesting results. "I'm sorry the cards aren't better" Certain magic words weren't said so Maisie didn't mind. XD

I got to meet some nice people who gave me great advice on how to be an effective combat healer. (I can't remember anyone's IC names :( )

Post-Mod:

Healing lessons was quite nice and fun. :)

YAY! FIRST BARD SKILL!

NPC Shift:

Had some great conversations and funny stories with people. :) Including the practical use of perhaps making available combinations of classes abilities, like Bard+Healer casting Heal Wounds and singing to send it to a person.

Damn, people are smart about not leaving stuff and not leaving alone now a days XD A thief has no practical use but was great RP.

I normally hate being combat NPCs but Bite was fun to play and I felt I did a bit more with the sword and shield than normal.

I thought I was going to hate touch the thing mod. But people caught on quickly XD "Was this just an excuse to get us outside?" 2 Minuets of laughter "Yes". Though I can't say I would have been surprised if the second time people weren't touching the thing due to lack of combat.

Sunday:

Breakfast!

I can't remember if it was this day, but I think it was Saturday that I learned to make healing salves. Which is good for the healer out of HP.

I'm glad I bartended when I did since it bleed into camp clean up and speed up the process a bit. Gave a bit of time.

Post-Game:

Glad I got to talk with friends before heading home and getting there realizing I didn't have a key and was locked out until my sister got home. XD

My name's Ahmetia Campbell and I am so happy to be here! ^_^
27 Jan 2014 18:48 #12 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
-Returning to Travance with Duncan, Ilana deciding to keep a promise then leaving the Barony right away.

-Ilana/Billliamm hanging out on Friday

-Fish hook mod. I loved it personally. I was very confused, almost gave up, and then a spark of realization. Ilana's immediate glee as she cut into the poor unconscious boy and a very concerned father. Swift helping and misunderstanding a direction leaving a teeny bit of grim humor and good RP.

-Ilana very happy to find Willow and hanging out with him.

-Carlos confirming fate is still not kind to Ilana, but she'll keep trying to fight it bit by bit.

-Breakfast. Breakfast success.

-Aaaall the diseases. Getting help from various sources throughout the event. Thanks to everyone :)

-Lazurus, Kapriel, and the concept of 'Aspect Priests'. Ilana personally hopes it's not some evil behind their little religion. They seem like great people. Even Kapriel, though 'imbalanced'. Lazurus didn't appear altered mentally, so who knows.

-Valence :D Showing Valence off to some very shocked mages. (And all of us staring as Silverbow passed by and didn't realize. As far as Ilana knows, he still doesn't know)

-Everyone's interest in my new Physician stuff ^_^

-So many lessons! The larger lessons: Tobias was very interesting and a delight, Valentine was very kind and tried to help Ilana with her confidence a bit, and Lois was just a treat to ramble at about a million things.

-Razeal and friends.

-Cypher and Ilana. His concern for her and her concern for him.

-Politely speaking with Jed.

-Didn't do much during Main Mod, but stayed my ground until the group returned from the maze.

-Matt Calo, the obsidian assassin. Having my sword used against me (right, not attuned anymore >.o). Morwenne being *amazing* with an Expel From Lair, and finishing off the encounter using a gift from Belegchand and Farslayer.

-Ilana's not afraid of you. You might be taller, maybe more powerful, but she'll make things right.

-Hanging out with Londwyns and learning a bit more about their different personalities. (Hey, they aren't all Goggins <3)

-Drega'mire room.

-Tari's shenanigans.

-Hanging out in Kaladonia on Sunday morning.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo), JTinney (Swordsaint), Goggs (coryan), Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank Yous: 0
27 Jan 2014 21:41 - 27 Jan 2014 22:07 #13 by
Replied by on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
Hi everybody!

It was so nice to see everyone again :D. I missed my KR fam so much!!
Gotta say, i definitely prefer summer camp sac but kev and i went out and got some really awesome layers like an hour before we left (lol last minute) but i didn't find myself shivery at all. With that not being an issue, i was able to have so much fun. I hope everyone else stayed warm too!
Ohh it was so good to see everyone in and out of game. So many people couldn't make it though...i hope to see you soon!!

Highlights:

Friday night, worked the first 6 hours at the bar. Continued on and off for the rest of the weekend. It is THE most fun :) People on both sides of the bar make it my favorite part about KR. The tips arent too bad either. Dont remember who but someone convinced my greed gypsy to give almost all my tips to some refuges though. Dont remember who you were, but you held a fine argument about the greater good :)

With all the new faces, i was worried about RP, but i was happily surprised. Zellara made so many new friends. Hope you all return! I had such a pleasure. Zaid (spelling?) especially, you're a dear :)

Oooooooh MaryBeth!!!!! That was totally awesome! Gypsy plot, and personalized Zellara past, immediately after our talk, a wonderful reading from Carlos fueled some interesting character choices which will make themselves clear soon enough ;)

Viktor/Thrush, i missed you! Sean, you're a lot of fun, thank you for those convos :)

Orion is rubbing off on her, and it's rounding her out. Kev, thank you for the lessons, advice, and a really good time. (Thank you for helping me make time for the game babe, i love you!)

Omg Yaya i you!!! Ash you are the best!!! <3

Kaladonia, yous guys are da best. Lovely cabin, lovely colors, lovely people, lovely time.

Albert brings out the best and the worst in Zellara. Dan omg we are terrible <3

Scariest moments the whole weekend: propane shortage scare. Was resolved by sat night!

Lol gaje gods, you are a circus...

Favorite part: insight into my past
Close second: ranting about my hardships in the aftermath every time someone asked about my new outfits lacking my trademark skirt, or my poor pet goat :'(

I had so much fun.
Thank you to everyone i talked to, joked with, served with (ladies, it was an absolute pleasure!!!), drank with, etc!!!!

Muuuuuuuah,
Jas
Last edit: 27 Jan 2014 22:07 by .
27 Jan 2014 22:27 #14 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
This event was so much fun for me.

The first big reason: Impartial Observer. I used the ability three times, but the main one was in main mod. I loved being able to finally bring out the watcher aspect of my character properly. It was also fun having both NPCs and PCs remark about it both IC and OOC. Mostly, though, being able to actually follow the action and write it all down was really interesting. I took more notes this event than ever before.

The second big reason: Visgalis. I really enjoyed talking with Kapriel about it, and it left my character in a great state of confusion. Academically making sense and understanding the theory behind it, verses faith...Almat is curious and worried and interested and all these other things all at once. Also, getting maledicted is never fun...but without the need for a holy symbol? Eek!
On top of that, being able to watch the confrontations between Kapriel and Lazurus, both before main mod and during, and watch all that was wonderful. You guys RPed it beautifully, and I felt so privileged to be able to see so much of it and take notes.

I love the Chroniclerite mod. I love hooking it, I love watching it. I really hope I can be there for the last two....even if trying to get the group together really was like herding cats.

I felt so useful this event! Rituals are fun! I was able to critique and lecture and survey and do extra awesome research...and it felt like the new mechanics served me to add to my character, rather than distracting from my role play.

Scribing for the bards. Need to type up my notes....

Girl talk with Clytie and Meander.

I know there were so many more, but I'm blanking.

On the negative side, this was the only event I've been yelled at for taking notes. Ah well, led to some interesting discussions.

That all reminds me...I need to contact some people about research....

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
27 Jan 2014 22:30 #15 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
This weekend was quite cold. Very glad for the boots my mom gave me. At least our new bunk was warm and comfy.

Friday:
-Helped some wonderful new players in writing up some great characters.
-Played a Death Herald and wad told by quite a few people I scared the crap out of them.

Saturday:
- Tower mod.
-Taking Death Heralds for a walk: Templar style.
-Actually feeling useful during main mod.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
27 Jan 2014 23:39 #16 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
Drega'mod made it all worth it.

Using Vanguard skills for the first time.

Just hearing about the results of the Westboro Valosian Church made me giggle with evil glee.

Here's hoping I won't miss Gypsy plot next month.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Fortier (Greysect), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
28 Jan 2014 01:07 #17 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
THANK YOU FROM BROWNHURST

SIGNED
ALL OF THE NPCS IN LOGISTICS WHO WERE COLD.

P.S.
Hey guys, Remember that time Steve Oros ran a two hour long terror mod while in bed?

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Onca (Lorelai), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
28 Jan 2014 01:58 #18 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
Friday Night
On the spot decisions about Typhon's approach to Valance since I self taught most of them because of rewrites. Trisana noticed the sudden increase in skills so I told her the Grove taught me while we were bonding and I immediately imagined Typhon and Firin training like Luke and Yoda on Degoba

NPC Shift
Being sent out as annoying peasants looking to get all of the consumables back home to our families and watching as the town of beleaguered town of Brownhurst was invented and then seeing Magnus follow through on his promise to take up a collection at feast.
Saturday

Chroniclerite mod:
Veril to the Whispering Forest: "I am Veril I speak for the trees."
Whispering Forest: "No you don't we are the trees and we speak for ourselves."

Finally meeting Willow. Talking philosophy was refreshing.

Druid meeting
Being berated by a Kaladonian citizen about the problems our land is facing and taking charge. Instead of simply telling him it would be taken care of and leaving it, tasking him to continue to tell me where we are failing. Working with Valentine to provide them with some materials for rebuilding.

Witnessing someone I know wants to impress Typhon making the worst first impression they ever could make with Typhon. It's interesting to see Typhon go from wanting to impress Elawyn but often messing up to being the person who others want to impress.

Watching as Tari talked with Tsoli about the legaization of Necromancy and growing some respect for them.

Shenanigans with Tari and Slyph!Arden

While babysitting Slyph!Arden
Caelvan: Typhon I need your help trackng down [something]"
Typhon: OK no problem I'd be glad to help I'm a good Tracker. *Turns around* Dammit where did Arden go!?"
I didn't end up tracking what ever it was.

Waking up as a Sylvan Elf the next morning and all the wonderful RP that happened as a result.

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
28 Jan 2014 02:09 #19 by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo)
Replied by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
Big thanks to all those who I got a lot of RP with. I feel like I made a lot of character progress this event, you're all bringing me out of my shell more and more each time I see your lovely faces! :)
So for highlights.....
Uhhhh well, being very confused about a thing to do with courting and romantical stuff.
Taunting Jack Dimms so bad he almost challenged me to honor combat, but I did recognize a very chivalrous side to him by not doing so because im a lady. (Though I still woulda kicked your butt! :p haha)
That was the funniest RP I've had yet! We must do that again sometime!
Didn't get to do much bartending, but Im always happy to jump behind bar and fetch hot drinks for all the larpcicles :)
Tower mod is always fun but this one in particular was very challenging and well organized. I loved it! Also sacraficed loot to do a good thing instead. Coordinating the plan of attack with Falia was unexpected as well!
Assassin in a tree.
Screaming about a thousand trolls.
Unpopular opinion:the snow was awesome and I wish it was snowy all the time at KR!
And of course, Chases special coffee blend. ALWAYS delicious!

I can't wait to see all of your faces in February!

Akira Saralonde
Treasurer of Ostcliff
OOG: Kaitlyn Bober
28 Jan 2014 11:45 #20 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
More things!!

Talking to the ash rats.
Walking around with the ice elemental in the inn so that they couldn't swing at anyone.
Teaching and learning things other than "skills".

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
28 Jan 2014 12:08 #21 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
A+ Drega'mod, would Drega'mod again.

Only getting into one combat the entire weekend (main mod) but being surprisingly ok with it.

All of the RP ever.

An actual "good" card reading with Carlos for once. Well, relatively anyway.

My favorite moment is actually not related to the game itself. After the Mage's Guild meeting I was walking up the center path back to the Inn by myself. The snow was falling and there were small birds flitting around. It was actually really serene and peaceful.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
28 Jan 2014 13:21 #22 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
It was very nice to be back in Travance to celebrate a year being a member of KR. Starting off from last year, Sébastien had just arrived to a place that was completely new to him but was also his last resort. He stayed quiet and away from most people and rarely talked. Once he began to witness the constant threats and dangers to the people and the province, he immediately assumed that Travance was nothing more than a murder blender of chaos and everybody was an idiot. Yet he went back some more for a few other months throughout the year.
After having only being in Travance for a few months of the year, the province began to really grow upon him. He became more friendly towards the others whom had been there and even went out of his way to make friends and help people, whether he paid for their breakfast, or when escorted a random refugee to the forge (though it was an ambush, Sébastien made it out unscathed).
He had a severe hatred for music, singing, bards...And pretty much everything else, but mostly the damned Bards so much that he'd leave feast prematurely as soon as the songs began. However, upon Saturday night after the people of Travance defended the town against assassins, a bard sat at the Bar that Sébastien was learning to manage. The bard insisted on his "not giving a f*ck" and Sébastien -ASKED- for the bard to sing about it. He clapped along and drummed on the bar with the other patrons with a smile on his face as the bard sang his lungs out. At that moment, Sébastien had been the happiest that he had ever been.

I truly appreciate all the work and effort that everybody puts into KR, their characters, and their enjoyment of the game. KR has offered me some of the funnest weekends I've ever had, including last weekend.
Thank you all for helping me through my first year and giving me no choice but to enjoy it. I will do everything I have in my power to return a much as I can.

Thank you again, everyone,
Reece Arbia
Sébastien Orphéus Télus-Noire

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Onca (Lorelai), GFulls (GFulls), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
28 Jan 2014 14:19 - 29 Jan 2014 23:53 #23 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
That moment when someone paralyses you a minute before the end of main mod, everyone goes home, and you're just stuck standing there in the snow like a banana. Death has never been so welcome, Katie.

Talking to trees on the Chroniclerite mod. Lololol. (The whole mod was actually really well run and very entertaining - cheers Dave and Conor!)

Some beautiful little 1-to-1 moments with a lot of different people - I try to portray my guy as being completely oblivious to social cues, but it's a real challenge to maintain that when y'all are being so sweet all the time. Was totally awestruck this weekend; you folks really brought your A-game. Thankyou!

Justin's new PC. Don't want to spoil the fun for anyone, but if you didn't get a chance to talk to this guy, then try to find him next time - he's simply ace!

TINKER TIME Cmon grab your friends, we'll make weirdo Londwyn weedwhacker implements... yeah, that was pretty damn awesome. Cannot get enough of this stuff, and I'm really excited to see where this plot is going next.

Jeff managing to find what may well be the most perfect drinking vessel ever created ever ever. Ever.

Geoff's IG Tarot reading! It can't be easy a) reading for imaginary characters and b) doing so many readings in a day, but both were managed - good stuff.

Oh yeah, and Sunday morning, when I ducked out of the Armoury to see Bill and one other person I couldn't identify doing an NPC patrol. They were clearly OOG, and looked as if they'd finished their round and were heading back inn-wards, but generously opted to come back in-game, just to chase me around the Watchtower a bit. Between running for my life and trying to remember how many grappling hooks I had in my backpack, I was very grateful for their effort - cheers guys, you made my morning!

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 29 Jan 2014 23:53 by Goggs (coryan).
28 Jan 2014 15:26 #24 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
How did I forget Arden/Gina mispronunciation of Hierophant

HIGHER-ELEPHANT

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
29 Jan 2014 16:13 #25 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
~ Being announced at lay on for finally becoming an American Citizen. Almost cried, that's actually very rare for me oog. The reaction and continued congratulations throughout the weekend. Thank you all, I am the proudest and happiest to be able to call myself American. :cheer:

~ Rescue mod; everything about it. Thank you all for the fantastic RP, and the dedication to see this through out in the cold. Bat, thanks for not getting stunned by the grotesque nature in which we were imprisoned and keeping your wits about you. Grim, thanks for smashing that door like a barbarian boss. Albert and Caldor for feeding Angeliana the refreshment potion and talking to her until she re-grew her eyes. Croi, thanks for solving the riddle before we froze solid. Chris/Bran for writing a very creative and brutal mod and RPing the hell out of it. Also big thanks to all the NPCs who volunteered.

~ Roleplaying the trauma of having been captured and tortured for 2+ months. All of the efforts to console and fix Angel and Bran. Illana's countless efforts, Oren's soothing positive energy (brilliant). Croi's songs and tales, Clyde's cloak, Bran's grip, Albert's support, Uncle's... special syringe I did not feel, Caldor and Grim's gift... It is an honor, she didn't think she deserved it but she wore it and didn't take it off.

~ Asking for water at the bar (after Connor's spectacular rolls... :dry: ) and not being convinced of it's cleanliness even though Caldor purified it. Escalating that to being unable to clean the blood on her hands or face to eventually trying to peel that stained skin / hair off to clean herself...

~ Explaining procreation to Willow with Dr. Darkwood while being cured of a major and a minor insanity and getting pseudo married to an elf for touching his ear? Hilarious. I'm glad Illana was "cleaning" the blood off of my hair, I was too relaxed to laugh.

~ Shade, I mean husband, and his songs as well as his concerns about raising and financially supporting our future children. Angeliana was so far gone, that seemed like a logical argument at the time.

~ Not waking up early (yay). Having Grimkjell come to the manor to babysit... ahem bodyguard Angel. Him telling her he will protect her, then promptly being attacked by some vicious Wendigos at the armory. Not only did Grim fall... When Angeliana put them into a sanctuary he ATE her legs... sigh.

~ Being saved by Magnus with just a little over a minute to die. Andorra sent him, or so Angel believes now thanks to Maralas.

~ Father Lazarus taking Angeliana and a few others back to their encampment after some unfortunate events in the inn. Myrdriz refusing to let her go without coming along. Discussing our best course of action with them, then with the nobility present back at the inn. Begging the Lord and Lady of Alisandria and Lord of Drega'mire to allow me to calm Commander Kapriel down and achieve a peaceful resolution. Being granted a single minute.

~ All of the RP that sprouted from people hearing what Angeliana was about to attempt.
~ Private chat with Lord Blackthorn, Lady Cassandra and Father Lazurus. Lady Cassandra calling Angeliana the purest spirit amongst us. That was such an honor, I still am not sure how she didn't burst into tears right then and there, she was humbled. Explaining her views on good and evil in every person and explaining why she had to do what she had to do. Receiving nods as a response was a welcome change.

~ Sitting with Father Lazurus at feast.
~ Holding Jed's hand after his benediction to tell him I'll heal him out there and him telling me he'll watch my back.

~ Stepping up and standing in front of Commander Kapriel's army alone, as they marched upon Travance chanting... My heart was in my mouth as I threw my staff aside and raised my hands in peace. Begging Kapriel for mercy, for forgiveness, for peace. I didn't relent and somehow no one struck me down until I got him to agree to stop if we put our weapons down first. Yelling as loudly as I could and briefly seeing a silent motionless battlefield before someone swung and what little chance we had at peace was gone.

~ Protecting Lazurus, then the front line of the battle, then Jed, then Kapriel to stop Jed from killing him, being ordered away by Lord Aleister as my time was up. Reluctantly following orders. Afterwards healing a wounded Jed with a hug despite him assuring Angel he was fine and didn't need it.

~ Enlightening talks with Father Lazurus afterwards.
~ Consolation from Grim, Oren, Valentine and others when Angeliana broke down crying for failing to prevent bloodshed.
~ All of the Andorran prayers. I will calm all of the peoples. And you shall forgive each other and be patient. :silly:
~ Business with Sergi, all of the massages, then running for her life away from Sergi, then hugging, then freaking out.
~ All of the lessons, many new students and some returning students, Angeliana enjoys sharing her knowledge of healing. Always a pleasure.
~ One very difficult lesson. Albert <3

I could keep going, I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot. This was a fantastic event filled with some stellar RP. Thank you to all who made it happen especially Mike Smith, James and Gene.

Can't wait to be back, perhaps it will be warmer next time I'm able to make it. Until then, take care KR family!

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
29 Jan 2014 21:03 - 29 Jan 2014 21:24 #26 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
so why leave the biggest news for last, yes Lucius Knight has indeed vanished, I will leave whatever creative means in which this idea can be played with as a surprise.

So if you only had about 24 hours left to live how would you spend it, Lucius spent it embellishing the tale of how the mighty northerner Jack Dimms was killed whilst running and screaming from a (in this order)...
Rat
beaver
bunny and not any kind of special bunny just your run of the mill white rabbit
butterfly
shapeshifting butterfly whom can only turn into a harmless white bunny
and spreading these tales to every traveler he came across such that all will know the numerous legends of the mighty barbarian, Jack Dimms.

Albeit I am more than a little inexperienced in roleplaying torture, in the end Lucius probably reacted as one would expect him to even though the aguarrans, whom prior to this moon never approached him immediately baptized him after learning of his masochistic tendancies.

I have to include the rabblerousing mod, whilst it got a bit crazy, I honestly still can't get the mental images of some people tearing up from laughter out of my mind

with this I will bid one more final farewell to Lucius and look forward to seeing everyone from my new role

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
Last edit: 29 Jan 2014 21:24 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy).
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
30 Jan 2014 07:44 #27 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
Greg... you are so lucky Lucius is dead. For all intensive purposes. Imagine all if you will that on the way out of the proper, Lucius Knight called out Jack Dimms. Jack then unleasshed a beating on him that Travance hasn't seen in many a year, then took his head.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
30 Jan 2014 09:53 #28 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
However in a twist everyone saw coming, Jack Dimms was then beset by a pack of vicious Chinchillas, succumbing to their cute but savage bloodlust.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
30 Jan 2014 10:05 #29 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
Hey guys, keep the highlights thread a "highlights" thread please ;) Thanks!

With that, I will post some of my highlights!

- Getting to interact with so many of you as Father Lazurus DeShealand of Visagalis!
- Spending most of Saturday rolling around with Gene as Father Kapriel! We worked really well off of one another and I loved the subtle shift we took with it through the day.
- The RP as that NPC trying to drink away his sorrows at his best friend and founder of his religion damaged the churches identity and then got killed attacking the town. The RP with everyone after that was great!

- I was amazed at how receptive people were to the craziness all around them. The world had practically just escaped destruction by the skin of its teeth, and we need to portray that over the coming months or else all would easily forget. The easiest way to achieve that was to constantly make the PCs think to themselves "WTF is going on here?!" Its not easy for us as Story tellers to provide you with that specific though as the town has done and seen much over 15 ish years. You all did and are doing a great job playing out the crazy upside down environment around you, and it is a pleasure to watch it and be a part of those deep story interactions. Thank you!

- Mike S. wrote an amazing story and ran an amazing event and I could not have been happier with "The day after the end" plot.
- Im so glad Mike chose Gene to play "Kapriel" He was so perfect in the role, I'm sad he's dead :)

- Tsoli, Mirwin, Justin's new londwynian, Caldor, Angilina, Bat Cooper, Mother Lenora, Magnus, Carlos, Lord and Lady Blackthorn, Brogan, Rudy, Edmund, everyone who went back to the encampment with Father Lazaurus, and probably a lot of other people I just missed. Great fun RPing with these characters! Im hopping to go out of my way in the future to RP with people I don't get a chance to interact with as much!

- Friday night soups were great! As was feast!

- The new players were great! Cant wait to get to know you all more over the coming months!

- Always inspired by the players brave enough to entertain large hungry and unruly crowds during feast. You guys are great!

Looking forward to Feb (I will be running Feb plot) and then Dreamation! ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Zathir (Clevatus), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Maralas (adamdrew3)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
30 Jan 2014 12:53 - 30 Jan 2014 14:28 #30 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic Jan 2014 Event Highlights!
Hmm Highlights.. Or what I like to call accidentpalooza.

Friday:
Watching Grim chastise a Barbarian for being unbarbarian for slipping on ice, only to watch Grim slip on the same ice. and then later he fell down a flight of stairs. It was like getting a hands on lesson in slapstick comedy.

Rescuing Angeliana. It was fun and a lot of running and then I got massive dehydration leg cramps, which made me feel both foolish and lame. I was sore for the rest of the LARP, but decided to push myself and drink loads of water. Watching both Bran and Angeliana in the state they were in and the general attitude of the Knights of the AByssal Spear has definitely lead Aella to some conclusions.

It was really warm and toasty at Kalodonia..w.ell at least until I woke up.

Saturday:
There is something nice about hanging out with kitchen staff during lunch. It might be the warm comfort of the stove or the company or both. I think next time I may either make Chicken Soup or Spaghetti depending on the weather for lunch.
I got to teach Druidic spells. IT was fun.
Feast was nice. Baklava was Faboo!!! :cheer:
Main mod was awesome and at the end I totally got ganked by Cory (as well as I should be). I think a bulk of my time was spent running back and forth. I regret not climbing that tree and just sniping people from up high.
At Kaladonia some mischievous sorcerous started changing people's race. Aella firmly told her no as she did not want to not be a Dryad.. WHAT would Caldor say? I mean besides noooo?

Sunday:
I played a fun game with Klydie... I got the distinct feeling I would have won that game, but then OMG HEROIC Archer list discovery... Wow... just WOW! I can't wait. All the fire ever! :evil:

Looking forward to next month. Here is hoping it is a wee warmer so I can feel my fingers and toes. :D

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
Last edit: 30 Jan 2014 14:28 by Aella (Onirazael). Reason: misspelled name
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.868 seconds