April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
20 Apr 2014 19:25 - 20 Apr 2014 19:38 #1 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights! was created by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Well hey there everybody! It was a nice weekend all around, the weather was awesome, the food great, the RP spectacular. All in all great success. Now let's get started with the highlights.

Friday:

-After Ley on is called, the Heargen's round up their funeral party and head down. Before hand Bellegor was baptisted into Gaia and he did a great job! And on a personal note Bellegor really kicked some serious butt rp wise this event! Good on ya man.

-Getting back on the Baroness' good side with a Skaldic tale and being told how much she enjoyed his poem from February. It meant a lot to Jack knowing that the Baroness could hear his sincerity and was willing to give hm a chance to turn things around.

-With the funeral party now brought together, the remembrance ceremony began. The tales told were so great, so deep. The atmosphere that the Heargen clan brings is amazing and I was honored to be there as the Skald. There was a little trouble with the "boat" we tried to set out, but all in all it was a truly lovely ceremony.

-Being tested as a Skald by Shane's NPC was also a big moment. Jack knocked it out of the park with all of his questions and got a well deserved pat on the back for it which was great.

-I think another big moment was telling Leer and Caldor Jack's past. I decided that I'm going to start moving in a slightly more serious direction with Jack and revealing how bad his past truly was, as well as showing some of his different personalities was great. I personally loved getting Lyddius all mad then walking up to him ten minutes later not remembering a thing about what had happened.

-Yea guys, Jack died for his third time this event.... it was a low point for me. It sucks, but hey it gained Jack a lot of respect from quite a few people, plus! When I heard that a good number of townsfolk came running down to save Jack it was so heart warming. I've come a long way with Jack Dimms, and knowing that a lot of people wanted him to not go through the focus was amazing. You guys really made me feel wanted, I thank all involved for that.

-Jack professing his interest in Akira. It was pretty cool to start dabbling in romantic rp, and with the coming months it's only going to get better!

Saturday:

-Saturday as a whole was pretty awesome, but bittersweet. I think my favorite part was attending Wulfgar's and YaYa's wedding and reading a poem at it. As well as getting Jack's butt kicked multiple times for Wulfgar's amusement.

-Here comes the bittersweet part. Wulfgar told Jack to take his shield and fight whilst he spent some time with his wife. It was a hard fought battle, but while fighting an npc, someone had landed on my knee and it caused a hyper extention. Talk about pain. Thankfully John was on me quick enough to help, but yea, I got janked up guys, it still hurts a bit, but meh oh well.

-Drunk Wulfgar was also amazing, as well as the man really talking to Jack, making him feel right. It was another thing that made me feel so accepted and wanted, and I can't thank Eri enough.

-Jack coming to terms with Sir Gideon and sitting down to set the record straight with him. It was great rp, and with Gideon now at the helm of Pend Arvin, Jack needed to quell any doubts he had in the man.

-I think one of my most hilarious scenes was sitting and talking with Syllus about a certain something. Syllus had become annoyed with Jack and tried to cast fear on him, only for that barb Ignore Magic to kick in. Goose gave me a grin and nodded telling me "Good one." Only to dominate Jack's mind and have him walk away.

Sunday I had to leave early, but meh it's all good guys. I miss all of you already, next up is WITL for me so til then, I love you all. Peace!!!!

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
Last edit: 20 Apr 2014 19:38 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Not An Assassin (Salem), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
20 Apr 2014 21:22 - 21 Apr 2014 12:56 #2 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
My highlight is rats! Big rats, little rats, poison rats, diseased rats, rat ogres and rat men! Thank you to all of the NPCs who played rats! Even my daughter on the way home said "I am sick of running away from rats!" I think that means you did an awesome job. We were short timers this event, and left after feast, but highlights were:
  • A morning walk with Kleidin, Nostarion and Dianada to go egg hunting! Diane, thanks for the OOG ecology lessons and company, and the kid friendly hour! It was really lovely.
  • Encountering rats raiding the Kaledonia Statehouse on said walk and actually being able to go head to head (hand to hand, mano a mano????) with them and defeat them. No doubt Kleidin's arrows were a large part, but Faila didn't die and she managed to kill things!
  • Faila is still having nightmares after the Chronicler mod.
  • Inverted tower. Watching my new player 8 year old invoke Inviolate Form from memory and protect many players from disease. Faila being saved from disease/poison twice due to said Inviolate Form. Getting to shatter rat weapons, daze, and itching powder rats! Fun!
  • Yummy feast.
  • Serving yummy feast and thus missing Nostarion being called up for his service via research last feast. As a mom, I was bummed I missed it (Faila didn't really care).. But it made for good conversation in the car on the drive home)!
    Congrats to Sean and Geoff. Sean, thanks for the great event.

Now I think I may need to get a rat for my classroom!

Great event, thanks everyone!

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2014 12:56 by Faila (Faila). Reason: I forgot Geoff!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
20 Apr 2014 21:38 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
This event will be burned into my memories in a good way for a long, long time, if not forever.

First off, the weather was just about perfect. It was cool enough not to be hot out during the day, but warm enough not to be too cold, except after midnight. I was pretty much comfortable all weekend, and the sun and clear skies were very welcome.

SO many lessons, both given and received. Not enough time to get in all the ones I wanted, in both directions.

A last-minute pre-game deal with Sylus Crone that made everyone happy.

The return of Tyros / JP! Welcome back!

Talks with Goggins about future prospects.

FINALLY making it out to Fort Clove for a discussion, even if it was brief and at 2:00 AM.

Feast was delicious - thank you, Diane! :)

Main Mod: *sees lights for Rat Ogre eyes light up* "That can't be good." *It stands up* "That certainly isn't good." *flash pot goes off behind it, lighting it up for full view* "HOLY CRAP!"

Trust, but verify.

Ib-nannigans on Main Mod.

The True Warlock hunt. While it sucked IG, OOG the tension, drama, and potential growth it created were top notch.

Sunday morning - Ranged Weapon antics, including the return of the ridiculous javelin!

And, of course, being made Knight Protector, along with Anhil receiving the same. Looking forward to all the great things we can do! :)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), JTinney (Swordsaint), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
20 Apr 2014 21:57 #4 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I feel like there was a lot going on, let's see if I can remember all that I did:

Friday night:

- Performing a baptism right after lay on was very cool. I was so honored to be asked to baptize someone. I hope that everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

- Then I was honored again by being invited to the rememberance for Vignor Eirson. I loved all the stories that were told and Caldor both made me proud and blew me away with his rememberance of "the man". So very cool! Thanks for including me!

-Gaian Mass was fun for me. I hope that everyone who was able to attend enjoyed it and maybe even took something away from it.

-Chatting with Brigitta after Mass was great! I really love her and I think she is a good friend who asks difficult questions. Those are some of my favorites! Thanks for the chat!

Saturday:

-Getting a few moments of girl time with the Baroness is absolutely priceless! I am glad that we had some time to talk.

-Market Faire was good. Made some potions, made some money, talked to a few people. Made some smoke, too . . .

- Having tea and conversation with Meander was a highlight of the morning. Thank you! The tea was delicious!

- Waiting outside Bran's trial with Meander and Goggins was fun . . . until Goggins realized Maralas is an elf and he started talking all funny . . . what an odd human.

-I was so pleased to get some time to chat with Victor before feast. We still need to have that drink! And thanks for lending me your coat. Always a gentleman!

-Feast: I was nervous during the benediction, so I tried to keep it short. The food was delish- being honored along with all the others who helped with the slain Dwarf King investigation was really cool and humbling! --ious, when I finally got a chance to eat it ;)

Sunday:

-chatting with various people always makes me happy! Lawrence and I had a really nice talk and then it was lesson time with Rudolph.

What a wonderful and busy weekend! I regret not getting to see some folks; hopefully we will have time at the next event to catch up.

As always, thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this event fun, entertaining, safe and awesome.

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
20 Apr 2014 22:59 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I hope everyone had a happy St. Astrid's Day! Mine was for sure.

One of my bigger highlights from this event, was learning not to put the cart before the horse. More specifically, you should get to know someone before giving her chocolate, and not the other way 'round.

This event started off with a gift from Kanas. It was a ram's horn and despite his best intentions, I did not get the hang of it immediately. Later on, I bumped into Ginginny and Calliope in the Inn and with their advice and encouragement, I did it right! It lasted a second, but I succeeded and it felt great.

Nalick made friends. Late Friday night, I met a Sylph (I believe for the first time) and we had a pleasant conversation. Sometime over the weekend, I also met an ogress named Shee. Shee gave advice that made me laugh yet it may also be practical. I asked her to repeat it so that I could write it down. "For a perfect complexion, use the blood of thine enemies as a foundation"

Billiam's words were very much appreciated, though I was skeptical at first, since I didn't have a great impression of him. Thank you, sir.

The Bloody Stump was back in business. Last time I was there, it came under attack. Thankfully, this was rather peaceful. The drinks were pricey, though.

Wulfgar and Yaya were married on Saturday afternoon. Congratulations, you two! It was a gorgeous day for a wedding and there is a highlight within a highlight that I must share. For lack of a knife with which to cut the cake, Wulfgar drew his sword and took not one, but two swings at it. What can I say, it got the job done.

There were delicious treats and refreshments aside from the cake at the wedding, including wine that tasted of watermelon. Clytie had an interesting utensil that somehow had the power to intensify the taste of food. I'd love to know more about that fork.

Travance had a special guest. Kwildar came down to visit and I finally got the chance to meet the guy after hearing story after story of him being the absolute nicest man in this town or any other. He even said a prayer for me. I received a blessing from a blessing.

[OOG -- I NPCed during Main Mod and it was exhausting, but for an hour or so afterward, I got a gigantic boost of energy. It was way better than coffee. I wished that I had something important to do, but I ended up bouncing around in the Inn and having high-speed conversations with people.]

Late Saturday night ruckus between Jack Dimms and Mr. Crone. There was mostly a one-sided verbal sparring match, but I chimed in at a couple moments and it was just a lot of fun. Syllus used Dominate on Jack and commanded him to walk to the middle of the Inn, announce what an arse he was, and then take a hike into the woods. When he went out the door, I followed behind and then remembered I had the ability to Break Mind Control.

Sunday morning, I bumped into Keavy outside the Inn. She had transformed into a wolf but thankfully recognized me as a friend. Kanas gave chase when she ran off with his dagger, but she was not interested in playing fetch when he threw it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
20 Apr 2014 23:07 #6 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Okay wow. This was an awesome event. First off I must immediately apologize to the NPC I blew my horn into for like 10 minutes. Billliamm has the mentality of an overgrown child. If he cant beat you on your level, he will drag you through the blood, urine, and mud to his.

1. The truest of Gonagle instruments....a vuvuzela. I apologize to many people, but Billliamm doesn't

2. Dreadnaught Mod. Billliamm most charming man in all travance....The Marshal running it, "Gene I was charmed when you did that" Thanks Drew.

3. Team Pendarvin. That poor poor Illithid forgot its one weakness having a solar plexis. Brian confused by the sheer amount of stunning blows that happened upon him.

4 Karkat's defiant execution. I fireman carried steve, also Billliamm felt great getting out all that pent up violence.

5. New catchphrase "I love my life choices."

6. Constant back and forth between Billliamm and the darker PCs, I love the rp and the tension in these situations.

7. Must train an innocent to become a fighter so she can protect those around her and never let it happen again. It is going to make for some sweet RP

8. Thugonomics 101, If you were involved you know what happened.

9. Deep conversations with people about Lordship and the fight of good and evil. All the people spoke to this event helped Billliamm down a new path.

10. Bran's trial made Billliamm think deeply about the nature of Chaos warriors and Celts.

11. Dueling Horns.

12. Actually noticing a bounty people seemed to not. Hilarious and trying to do something about it, but when he just defended himself Billliamm could not truly keep doing it cause he didnt want to fight a person who would not fight back. Cue Cinder and an enlightening conversation

13. Jeff and Sean, awesome event thank you, also all the NPCs and Staff who worked hard making it happen. Those garbage bags were a nice touch.

14. Love connection- Dropping the blunt and brutal honest bomb on Ilana and helping the young man...(Billliamm didnt know his name) to help him with lady issues. He is a master flirt.

I am sure there are more but those stick out

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Narcis (ChrisR), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Maralas
20 Apr 2014 23:15 #7 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Oops, I forgot one thing: Thank you so very much to the awesome group of people staying at the Baroness' Manor! I could not ask to spend my time with a better group of people! You work hard to make our weekend home clean, safe and fun. Big love to you all!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

Logistics Marshal
21 Apr 2014 00:15 - 21 Apr 2014 01:03 #8 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Awesome weekend! My everything hurts.

Moral of the Weekend: Little rats good. Rat Ogres Bad. Little rats were annoying, so much so I actually resorted to tag skills (of which I have few) to just make particular NPCs go away for a while.

The rest of the weekend:

Friday Night: Bar. Religious conversations at Bar. It started with my reciting the St. Astrid's day Tale, which escalated to, at one point having a four way conversation comparing and contrasting Valos, Galladel, Enax and Andorra. Brother Aldric's office was busy all night. ;)

Saturday: NPC shift in the morning, had fun generally, needed more coffee though. Most memorable was my capture as a merc/deserter following one of the Bounty NPCs. Made me think about doing Swashbucker for a future alt. Loved the hat. ;)

Saturday PM: The events leading up to the main mod found me in a series of discussions, Chaos Vs. Order, then being engaged in an examination of Justice vs. Law in the form of Steve's Templar npc. Then, meeting Kwilldar and getting his take on the Ascension War and our role in it. Finishing that up with a long conversation representing the views of Valosians on Redemption with an Aguarran and Glommite. Apparently, making an impression on one of them.

NAP - and Snoring the Monastery out so much that they sent the 7 year old minion to harass me. Sorry bout that, I was still in my garb and could not roll over.

Main Mod: Interesting variation of a line battle for the main mod. Moving through a maze while trying to maintain a coherent formation, much less coordinating two separate formations that freely mixed throughout the mod proved a bit much for the dozen voices pushing and pulling the groups through the maze (sometimes in different directions). Seems to me the only parts that mattered were the ones being attacked, and I just moved to those locations as needed while the more strategic minded figured out where to go. Saw some awesome examples of bravery and it was heartening to see how often fallen comrades were rescued at great cost.

After Main Mod: 1 Hour of chanting on the cold ground. Ugh. Yeah I know it was what I signed on for as Cleric. On the plus side that makes the second altar of a Dark God I desecrated. ;) Returning to the Inn, the bar was a bit too quiet so I went back to the Monastery and turned in for the night.

Sunday: Trained by Grimm to learn Armor Efficiency and because it was Grimm this required I be beat like a red headed step child. Yeah I knew what I was signing on for. :S Then being hired as an apprentice to work at a Meadery. Friar Tuck lives!

Thanks to all of the staff and especially the Kitchen Crew without which I would starve, wasted away to skin and bones! :P The Kitchen takes alot of work to maintain and these folks do it because they love the game, more people need to volunteer to help them! For those behind the Bar: Thanks for putting up with Aldric, Shout out to Thallia and Sebastain(sp?) whom deal with me on a regular basis there. Your customer service goes way beyond a game, I do appreciate the heck out of you guys!

Til next month!

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2014 01:03 by Templar Aldric (Selrik). Reason: Spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
21 Apr 2014 01:33 #9 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Well Sean certainly got the tension ratcheted up pretty well immediately! Hit the dirt more times Friday night than in my last three events combined. From "Psshh, rats" to "Rats, retreat!" in all of a few hours.

Met Rudy, who upon just meeting agreed to set to work for 45 minutes (and finished on the button without actually checking the clock!) to build Imrahil's first exalted weapon.

Mother Maralas led a well thought and poignant mass, Caldor gave the assist! Truly insightful.

Glad to have made it to the cabin for the night without a stop in blue headband land. Thanks especially to Doc DeMontfort, Swyft, Boryev, and Edmund.

Saving Private Honnus (sp?) - or- Karkat's mystery cage.

Wulfgar and Yaya's wedding. Expertly officiated, good times. Gave the bride a wedding gift, and received a gratifyingly hearty laugh in return! :)

Second article for the Chronicle, and my first compliments from readers! *blush*

Chronicler mod. Crowd source problem solving at it's finest, with some good rp all around. Burkhart and Caldor get my quote of the game on this one.

Training with Quan Liu. Always good! Blind fighting lesson actually had me oog caught in the moment.

Two current Baronial Guard, and two past Baronial Guard effectively quash a jailbreak/prison riot - mostly sans violence. Fist bumps for players and npc's on that one!

My first encounter in Travance where both parties knew who each other were prior to meeting!

A double take at feast; really didn't expect any kind of recognition from the March plot, but I'm humbled.

A+ main mod shift, even with the mother of all toothaches. Would paperwork main mod again. Thanks to Sean, Jeff, Katie, and the rest of the shiftmates!

Awakened by Swyft and Jonas. Confusing after a grand total of 6 hours sleep for the weekend, but much more pleasant than my underslept Sunday wake up the last time ratmen were in the proper!

My first interaction with Keavy - in wolf form. *sniff, sniff* "Hi." *off to snag Kanas' dagger* :lol:

Lizardkin. Why always the trying to negotiate... :)

My final impression from the weekend: This game isn't just making me question my character's beliefs and positions, but my own as well. While leading me to question others, it reaffirms my belief that rpg's can make you a better person!
To the staff, marshals and players, you have my plaudits!

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Sister Danae (Danae), Onca (Lorelai), Maralas (adamdrew3), Swyft (agentswift), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
21 Apr 2014 02:33 #10 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Friday:

So, Illyrin is interested in going to Coast Haven. Problem is, that takes being able to drink well. And Illyrin is an elf. Cue an impromptu attempt at self-teaching Tolerance at the bar. It didn't end with a whole lot of success, that's for sure. Had fun being drunk as all hell and still trying to conversate. Liddius' pranks were less amusing to him, of course (oog, however, I thought it was pretty amusing), and got the hobbit on his irritated side for the rest of the night. Thalia was great to interact with as well.

Having the previously mentioned conversation with Dimms was excellent. Illyrin went into that expecting just to hear a few stories about familial honor and standard barbarian boasts, but what he got was very different. Pretty harrowing stuff and it just helped cement the idea in Illyrin's mind that Dimms is a man on a journey (albeit a spiritual one) and he very much looks forward to seeing where the Northman's journey will take him. He'll definitely be keeping an eye on the man for some time.

Disarm lesson with Imrahil. A monk teaching a swash how to disarm was very interesting, not gonna lie.

Of course, later at night, outside the cemetary, it occurred to him that perhaps he was a bit too close for his own health. Ran my absolute ass off to get to the inn and grab assistance to save Dimms - too bad it got detoured by crazy horrible Glommite nastiness. Stayed up to see if Dimms would still live, was glad when he did. Pretty sure hardcore Chroniclers would disapprove of the interference in the story that he's observing, but he's always had some disagreements with the church regarding the whole noninterference principle.

Saturday:

PRISON MOD. Being Hannes was an absolute blast. 10/10, would play again. I loved watching the PCs try to figure out what to do with the more or less psychically lobotomised guy, especially the debate between Ava and Grim about whether or not he'd be better off dead. Got a good number of RP points for it, too!

Had a good conversation with Alamat (I probably got that name all wrong) looking for spiritual guidance regarding a Glomite scroll that he recently came into possession of as mod loot, and whether or not he should keep it for his records. It was a great conversation and some good RP.

Cleaning out the rats from the armory was fun as well.

First Aid lesson with Swyft, followed by becoming a provisional Guardsman. Too bad that we were wrong about how much build it costs on Commoner and I ended up having to scratch it off my sheet.. Oh well, we'll have to fix that next month.

Tower mod was great fun, loved encountering a bunch of things I had learned about from the scholar's table and then explaining them to others. Felt like a proper Chronicler! Of course, glowing was a bit of a surprise.

Had lots of fun, looking forward to WitL!

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), JTinney (Swordsaint), Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
21 Apr 2014 08:25 - 21 Apr 2014 12:12 #11 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Sébastien was sober this event?! No way!
-What? There's nothing wrong with that!

Let's kick off my Event Highlights for April 1214, shall we?

Friday!
I worked the bar Friday night up until midnight with my bar homies serving the people of Travance their mugs and bottles of sorrow. DRAGON'S BREATH SHOTS EVERYWHERE!
And then midnight festivities with the other homies. YeahWooAwesome.

Sleep!

Saturday!
Wake up! ...Late. I was asked to help behind the bar during breakfast rush. Whoops. I still served a few people before noon, where I then went to go 'fishing'.
During my fishing antics I found a shiny ring! ...And two bodies floating in the water. I don't know why. ;P

NPC duty!
I thoroughly enjoyed my NPC duty this event. My thanks go to Sean M.
For some absurd reason, I was a rat the entire four hours.
I helped semi-murder Keavy/Keevee/Keyvee/FerouciousKnifeEaredWolfThing/Keevie...How the hell do you spell it?! Yeah, anyway...I hope you liked my climb/shadow leap behind you to get in a few 20s on your back.
We dragged her through the underground, dislocating her shoulders in the process. I loved your RP and your fighting strong until the end.
I went out again for tower mod which was very fun. Great fighting for those I fought at the inverted tower.
Attacking the Baronial forge and having my arms sliced off and dragged away by Gideon to be interrogated by...Billiam. I knew nothing! Really! But I answered the best I could.
That plate was lovely.
Attack on the Inn with my (Reese's) pole arm! RUSH EVERY RE-SPAWN!
"Seven damage, seven damage, seven damage...Okay screw this! SLAY!" -Grim

Paperwork over.

I missed Penoia and Wulfgar's wedding...-Insert sad-face-.
FEAST! Yeah! (Thank you for the food, Diane).
AFTER FEAST! Okay...

MAIN MOD!

Why...Did I think it would be an alright idea to go on Main mod? AND WHY DIDN'T WE JUST BURN THE DAMN PLACE FROM THE OUTSIDE!?
I loved being thrown face-first into Gideon's shield. "HOLD! It looked like you smashed your head, are you okay?" "YesCallTheLayOn!"
I found a bunch of gold pieces...Just laying there. Thanks Gods!

Sleep!

Sunday ended quickly and The Rochester crew seemed to enjoy getting home at a decent hour. I know I did.

I'm going to end my highlights with a huge Thank-you to Sean M. for the extremely enjoyable event, both as my PC and NPC. And thank you everyone who came out and had a great time along with me, fighting, Role Playing and Easter egg hunting this weekend. And also a very special "Awesome job!" to all of our Easter egg hunters!

[strike]I will not be seeing you all in May[/strike], I wish you all a great, happy, and safe time/rest before next we meet in Travance!
It turns out that if ride conditions are okay, and I can get the time off from work, I WILL be seeing you all in May. -InsertHappyFace-

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
Last edit: 21 Apr 2014 12:12 by Not An Assassin (Salem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Keavy (Dani), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
21 Apr 2014 10:00 #12 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I was only there Friday night, but I still had a blast. Some great interactions in the first couple hours, including a very interesting run-in with plot after midnight. You always regret the chances you don't take, and I missed a prime opportunity. Oh well. Then it was off to the Drega'mod, where there were corruptions galore. The only combat was against each other as certain people were hit with Possession or Corrupt Loyalty.

Steve: "Winks, Corrupt Loyalty."
Me: "Uh...Vanish."
Steve: "It's mental, Vanish doesn't defend against it."
Me: "I know. I Vanish."
Steve: "...Oh! Carry on then."
The few people who saw it happen: "Crap..."

Cue a demonstration of why Winks should never turn against the town. Stalking around the modsite while hidden, getting spotted only to disappear again, hitting people REALLY hard and fading away, it was so much fun. Cap the experience off with going toe to toe with Magnus after blowing my promo, and then getting taken down by Magnus and Danny. It was a great time, and I hope everyone enjoyed it.

See everyone next month!

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Annora (Karen)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
21 Apr 2014 11:08 #13 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I'm still reeling from this event. And the bruises will barely have faded by the next one, I think.

So, in the best order I can muster on a Monday morning, here goes:
Friday night-
Setting up a small, but meaningful, memorial to the VIS-exodus team in the Kaladonia statehouse.
Brief conversations catching up with some witch hunter pals, and an unexpected (and much appreciated) compliment from Blacktree/Jenna
An awesome fight in the field behind Ostcliff, complete with a ridiculous amount of Lorelai feels. As soon as I recognized the Vermin for what they were, and was able to pass along what I knew about them from my death at their hands, I knew I was going to be a bit on edge. What I didn't expect was for Keavy, Lorelai and Duncan to become to Rat-Skirmish-Squad. Favorite parts were shouting at rats over the deaths of my friends (sorry NPCs), run-by murdering two as I chased down an assassin rat with Duncan and Keavy, and having Angeliana feel the need to calm me down after half the field stared at my vehemence. Thank you for all of that, guys. Really helped the weekend get underway.

I know I did more during Friday, but Saturday overwhelmed me and I don't remember all else that happened.
Saturday-
Getting stuck inside Kaladonia thanks to a trap. Climbing out the window (actually) to avoid said trap, because I needed to go hold a bake sale, darnit.
Selling baked goods in the inn - we raised a TON of money for our firepit in Kaladonia, guys, and I'm excited for you all to see what we make with the funds. I cannot tell you all how awesome Bardic Circle will be during Week in the Life, but I do invite everyone to join us for it!
Finding Kaladonia overrun with rats, and helping eradicate them, and the ones in Ostcliff. Michaela, you are SO much fun to fight. Like, I wish Lorelai and Danae weren't pals so I could find more reasons to fight you ;p
Watching the surprise wedding come together and laughing at my old pal Wolfgar. Eric, your stunned face is possibly the most animated in all of Travance.
Just prior to the wedding, finding a certain Saint, and simply sobbing into Kwildar's shoulder for a moment. Malcolm, you jerk, I wasn't awake enough to handle that. <3
Leaving the wedding early to help with escaped prisoners, only to find that the entire prison was undergoing a riot. With only myself, Duncan, Imrahil and Gaelen, quelling the riot - without any further casualties. Looking back and forth with the NPCs and being like "Well. Ok. That happened." Absolutely phenomenal RP.
Getting back. Eating cake. Having a great storytime with Brigitta about my history with the Guard in Travance, and the Church of Light. This was actually one of those moments that made me realize how much has changed for Lorelai in Travance, and in general. It was sort of humbling. Thank you for that, Leslie.
Intriguing conversations with Cyric. I think Lorelai and he need to spend more time chatting.
Teaching Albert more Cavalier skills, and having some great conversations with him about why we do the things we do. Daniel continues to make me stop and think about my IG actions with his well-timed words, and does such a good job staying in character that when he acts all goofy OOG after the weekend, I have a moment of confusion that this is the same person.
The execution of Karkat, and standing watch over Terezi while she grieved. Questioning the actions of people that Lorelai respects.
An awesome and insightful Master Warrior lesson with Pluvius. Romeo, you're amazingly talented, and I would love to spar more.
Feast was delicious, but the knighting of Anhil and the placement of two Knight Protectors (Kaladonia and Pendarvin) was absolutely awesome. Congratulations to both of them, and I'm very excited to have a titled leader in Kaladonia again. For those near me, I was actually crying tears of joy, yes, because Lorelai is convinced that Anhil deserves to be recognized for his hard work, and because it was a surprise to Sean, who took time out from running the event to be there.
Post-feast conversation with the baroness about what this means going forward for our land, Anhil, and in general. Thank you Jen, for maintaining such a regal demeanor without making a citizen feel unimportant.
Finding items stolen 2 years ago by the rats that murdered Lorelai and others. Being blown away by some of the items found.
Main mod - Being tasked with certain duties by Pluvius, and taking them to heart. Taking an assassinate for Albert, being shouted at by him, and reminding him that, while he can heal me, I cannot do the same for him, and it only made sense. Thanking the hell out of Zelretch for his flask of screaming death that allowed me to talk while unconscious, especially because it freaked so many people out. Trying to figure out where to go and what was happening while constantly trying to keep everyone safe. It was a bit of a mess, but in the end, I was glad we'd done some pre-planning.
Unfortunate failure to deal with True Warlock, and the interesting RP therein.

Sunday-
Basking in the sun on a tent platform as a Lizardkin, waiting for PCs to come egg hunting. Oops, sunburn.
Wandering around as a Tamaril boar with Megan, and having ABSOLUTELY no one try to loot us. Travance, you missed out on 6 bundles of Tamaril hide.

Thanks to Sean, Christine, Jeff, Katie, James, and everyone else that was a part of this. I truly didn't expect half of what happened, and look forward to seeing what comes of it.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
21 Apr 2014 11:26 #14 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
First thing which is the most important to me… is thank you all of Travance for being mostly safe and injury free. To echo what I said at lay on, I want everyone who attends to enjoy themselves and not get injured. Things happen and some of those things you cannot avoid… but for the rest, a wee bit of sense goes a long way. Thank you!!

Now then…
In order- Friday
Walking Travance with Wulgar. A wonderful conversation with the big man about life, the Past, Travance and family.
Encountering the NotSkaven on the road where the new members of Travance were. Being asked by Arden to help resolve things diplomaticly…. And watching it back fire after the Tether Spell being tossed and Skree (I think that is name of female ogre) triggering the ratmen attack by asking “We kill now?”

The retreat up the road, guarding against rear assault and getting paralyzed…. Then captured for examination and “message” delivery (Thanks Jeff). I just have to say rat noses went places where rat noses shouldna go….
The kick through the portal and subsequent cries of “It’s Duncan!” “Duncan’s down- HEALER!!!” Its awesome to know I’ve become an (in)famous member of Travance now. This is great and not so great (if you knew the PC’s history) on so many levels. ;)

The fight at the farm and being asked to organize the response. The two best parts of this was being mostly listened to for it (even when Cinder was there!!) and having a personal (and damn pretty!) bodyguard consisting of Keavy and Lorelai for that fight. Everyone performed great… and the advice from cinder on how to get Travancians to fall back was both funny and insightful.

Sitting with Baroness and giving her what information I was able to discern from my ordeal with the ratmen and what happened on the road… and discovering an important want for the morale of the good Baroness. (beware, a crafty celt plan is being formed…)

Cabin raids… and what happens when a Master Witch Hunter gets the drop on a group of rats. (Diane you are awesome!)
Saturday…..

Being told I was promoted to Drill Sergeant in the Guard. I am amused on an IC and OOC level…

Guard Mod. What an interesting story… and the OOC holy shit moment when I realize Magnus just possibly killed this guardsman and is clueless as to how he did it. Karkat telling Magnus he was stupid was pretty amusing too on a different level.

Watching Angelianna do the Not On My Watch response and hang on to the soul…. And the saving of the Guardsman when no one was certain it was gonna work was great. Events after this (heard of mostly) are just going to add to the repercussions from this. Who it will affect will be interesting…

Fights and more fights… Running all over to help defend and bail out folks.

The possessed townsfolk… and realizing this was NOT going to end well unless we were careful. Of course, the medic needed a medic here. Sorry if I scared anyone… but if nothing else, OOC knowledge of how to move to mitigate a hit was never ever so important than at that point. All the martial artists in the crowd know what I mean…

Getting roped in to deal with a Riot. Being glad I had a plan when there was no cavalry available … And resolving the mini-mod without violence. I call that a major win. A conversation with Imrahil afterward was a wonderful bit of RP and a morale boost to my celt; he’s having an effect on some folks and giving reason to expand personal horizons. When you make the decision to learn Ranger, my friend, I look forward to helping you see the path forward.

FEAST!!! I think this was among the best feasts I’ve had for taste and general yum. Awesome work and mad kudos to the cooks!

Main Mod time…
Yeah, about that. Being insisted on for the attack on the Inn while Travance ran off to go invade the warrens… was great. And all I can say is Team Assassin worked excellently as a team and caused great havoc too. For such a small force, we collected 7 Heads between the Inn and the Monastery- and gave quite a few folks grief.

Three things came/should come of this…
1: just because you are a green headband, this does not mean you cannot be killed; it just means you can only be killed in a certain way. I heard there was a gripe about the Non-Combat character I killed in the Inn- and to those folks, all I can say is Go re-read the rules… the middle of a firefight/assault is not a safe place. And by the way… the player thoroughly enjoyed being included/involved in the fight and what happened afterward. I think it made her event… :)
2: Never be too secure no one is going to mess with you when you hang back from Main Mod… And this goes double for those sleeping on the Murder Couch or in a bunk. (Sorry Dom…)

And 3: No one escapes the Shadow Vermin of Clan Not-Eshin for long. Tsoli Silverbow… you have been warned. *grin*

Sunday morning…
Finally getting to teach a skill to someone…. And explain why I think Staff is a good weapon to have a talent with.
Assisted another lesson – watching Keavy do the fear to help enforce the Will to not run… priceless.

Speaking of Keavy, the lizardman/Astrid Day egg thing could have been disaster if not for her howling and the rapid response of all the cavalry. Having a good plan of action in case things go wrong is great. Having said plan of action WORK is even better.
And if I had not the staff in hand at that moment, I’d have been dropped. Actual physical parry of four different weapons coming in to hit me is not something easy to do in 1.4 seconds…. And even less easy with a sword. :p

I know I forgot something and someone…. And any slight felt is sooooooo not intended.

Lots of great RP, lots of good fights… and a crap ton of fun. Win!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Tsoli (Tsoli), Onca (Lorelai), Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
21 Apr 2014 11:45 #15 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I hurt. That said. I hurt in that griots way that you know you dud one thing worthwhile and though the body complains the soul is renewed. I love this game. I love the people in this game. I love what this game does for me that nukes me a better person. That said...

Friday night.

Rats why did it gave to be rats? -Indiana Jones voice.

Rats at the farmhouse. Realizing we had a bit of PTSD in Travance with a Rat Trigger in the combat and going... Alrighty then.

Horn... Billium going on and on... Why? Oh OK. Good. Finally the silence and Brigitta looking for Billium in the Melee going silence is not good!

For once Birgitta hated the sudden absence of: An annoying sound.

I need to bring a damn quote book. I was finding them left and right this event and I can't bloody well remember them.

Gaian mass and the long talk thereafter. It's been along time since Birgitta has been to any mass... It was nice to get to chat.

This brings up something else too.

The many shared stories from a former guard to a Gaian priestess to a girls time with wolf Chaos warrior and Dwarf. Gentlemen when the women talk stand clear! Looks at glass eyed Brother Aleric. Great times on St Astrids... Letters shall be written! This Was all through the weekend. You know who you are...

Ok back On track.
making breakfast.

The old grizzled Sgt. Making breakfast. Love my girls. They rock. I really enjoy a time in the kitchen. The NPC and MM on my shift gets fed. I'm shocked it doesn't happen more. You get better NPC performance when people are fed and watered... Or is that horses... Eh doesn't matter.

Main Mod. Oh there was a ton of IG tension and anger. From the triangle that I knew would not fit into tunnels... To the inversion move test required turns up through the center... No practice meant this was not a good thing. Birgitta was not happy throughout. When a blade held directly point up in to you body and a reverse ends with you hitting another player in the face... Thus not a good plan.

I was not happy. IG

Not at all. So when word comes about deaths at the Inn. The already disgruntled veteran is ready to kill... And they are gone. No sign no issue. The dead in the Monastery focus at work. I hate rats. It's now gone from Rats why did it gave to be Rats...to Rats. Rats are a need to die now status... now!

Sunday morning... Teaching learning discussion on Master Warrior and... Dum dum dum... A new position offered by the Barony through a Recommendation from Arden. I'm IG and OOG looking fir the details on this position and what's been done with it in the past... I have. Ideas.

And Plans firming up.

That... Will be fun.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Angeliana (Angeliana), Maralas (adamdrew3), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
21 Apr 2014 11:46 #16 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Ahh drat forgot the Guard Mod. Yeah being right on observation is a great thing! Loved the mod too. In fact. My fav spot and I messed up not putting it in! Fatigue. I claim fatigue!

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
21 Apr 2014 12:21 #17 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
How could you forget the Guard mod? It isn't every day you get to ream out a Paladin for being stoopid and uncaring.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
21 Apr 2014 13:18 #18 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Although this weekend passed in a blur of insanities, diseases, and more rat heads than Logistics could shake a big stick at, there were quite a number of wonderful moments that I know I'm going to remember for a long time to come.

A pretty amazing few minutes with Maralas on Saturday afternoon. After going through the motions of "you're a Selendrian, ok, going to have to talk to you like a three-year-old now," we shared a silence so loaded that it felt almost tangible. Rebecca, you are an absolute pro, and I love your character - please let me annoy you more often :-)

Another big highlight for me was getting to hang out with Ox again. Friggin love that guy. Clearly this was a good weekend all round for House Hines!

Making plans with Jack Cypher on the way over to feast.

Seeing some pretty ace RP from the younger members of the town. Alex, Maya, Xander and Tommy all continue to bowl me over with their ability to maintain immersion and commit to their characters - this weekend as always, I was really impressed by what I saw you guys doing. Keep it up!

An excellent lesson in morality and fighting from Gideon (assist: Duncan.) Thankyou for taking the time to give such a thought-provoking and involved lesson; I'm really looking forward to seeing where this ends up going.

Wolf Keavy!

Getting tortured by gnome Romeo (Gnomeo?) on Friday night. Holy crap dude, you're good at what you do. OH THE INTERNAL STRIFE. Such conflictedness. Many ouch. Wow.

Blacktree being back! Hooray!

Playing the egg hunt orchestrator for Matt on Sunday morning. Eggs were hunted! Lizardkin were stabbed! Peasants were insulted! Oh, isn't it fun!

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Maralas (adamdrew3), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
21 Apr 2014 13:24 #19 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Well, this event, IG and OOG, I learned that as soon as you realize Travance might be a safe place and start being a bit ridiculous, you learn just how much people like Waylay.

Saturday

A great way to start I suppose, all was quiet and relaxing for 4 strange hours where a bit less attacked than usual, and then I enter my NPC shift.

(Enters Shift-O-Vision)
It was wonderful, all the times I played as a rat and ended up horribly ganked were great, but I just loved the Prison Mod, because I got to finally learn how great Wild Magic is. I played as Lee Roy, the Wild Mage who was arrested for thinking he was a dragon, then he escaped, thanks to Malyc, or in his mind "Dragon Mama" Tsunamis everywhere! Just letting whoever gave me the "boom packets," I thank you out of all of my heart. I used them well. So, at the last playing of Lee Roy, we went looting and all of a sudden, a group comes in to take us to a nicer prison. So we talk and I keep looking at the others like "Really, we're going peacefully?" So, when they finally start leaving, I decided to Tsunami. It had no effect on, Galen (Correct me if I'm wrong,) so he Quick Binds me, then I Wild Mage popped 300 Magic Fire in a 10 feet radius. No effect. So, I go off, Quick Bound, and a few minutes later I say OOG "Told you I thought I was a dragon." Then I play a rat again, and get ganked.

Then I find out my meteoric dagger was stolen and feast, after getting Waylaid to the beach.

Feast
Was delicious as usual. Need I say more?

Main Mod

For once and only once, I am useful, by poking rats with my staff. Yay! Also, after this I hope someone will add "Wall of Rats" to the druid Fauna list.

Sunday

Stupid-O-Clock

First comes a group of Ogres who want to kill all mages. Being the first one in sight and the ONLY ONE who revealed themself as a mage, I do quite a bit of hiding. Then comes a group of "Travelers" looking for an "escort" in which, I try to help another person try to convince them that a spoon was more powerful than me. Then we get Waylaid outside by them. But I sort of helped them catch one of them and try to bring them to jail, then they run away. So then, a few hours later, I walk to the Mages Guild and realize that nothing attacked them at all and I could have just walked all the way over there 3 hours ago.

Normal Time

That time was the perfect time for quotes including:
"So, how are you feeling" after a brain surgery and
*sniffs unknown powder* "Now I'm ready for science!"

I witnessed an "Ostcliff Initiation" and I want to join Ostcliff now! I got to witness and wield itching powder and learned more people knew about my Demon Consumption than I thought.

Then, after trying to get Liddius's staff back, I learn just how "polite" Travancians are overall. (No OOG hard feelings guys, but IG, not so much.) First, after using one itching powder, another gets Retributioned at me. Then I get waylaid, then hit with a Trickster's Jibe. But then, at the very end, Liddius challenges me to a Mage's Duel. If you know my character level in comparison, how it ended was obvious. I blame Vertigo, but if I used Freeze Ground, I wonder what might have happened.

Overall, just great guys! Remember, if you think you're a Dragon while you're really a Wild Mage, Travance will execute you. Thanks for a wonderful time, hopefully I'll be at WitL!

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
21 Apr 2014 14:25 #20 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
This event was sorely needed, given the horrible two weeks that led up to the event.

Friday:
Talks with people before lay-on.

Sending out my dark druids who successfully made the druids look like jerks... sure they were arrested, but they still won that round.

Coming into game with a disease, blaming it on one of the rats trying to gank him on his way in.

Elric being convinced that Almat was drinking satyr's wine.

Saturday.

Learning metallurgy.

Mousetrap: the mod.

"I don't care if you are an ascended templar, you still owe me that lesson"

The joys of relocate.

fighting, deadpool style, during main mod.

"I'm looking for Viktor Solvei"
"Never heard of him, you should try checking outside"
Viktor's first (in-game) reanimation.

"this elf's liver is beyond repair, luckly I have a spare satyr's liver!"

"me looking for mages!"
"There was one behind you."
*ogre turns around*
*waylay barrage*

Lowlight:
Missing all of the in game shenanigans on sunday, but it was nice getting home when the sun was still up.

See you all in a month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Maralas
21 Apr 2014 15:48 #21 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
I also forgot Kwildar hugs!!!!!!! It was completely awesome!!!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
21 Apr 2014 15:52 #22 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
highlight was a short conversation with Gideon friday night

-rifling through a pouch and something falls out-
Gideon: Would you like me to cast a light spell so you can find that?
Clove: No, it sounded like metal, so it was probably something worthless like gold.
Gideon: -has mini stroke- You know that is worth something to other people, right?
Clove: Then they will be very happy when they find it.

OOG-Mark B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Jack (Keeperofdice), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Onca (Lorelai), Goggs (coryan), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
21 Apr 2014 15:56 #23 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I came to watch steve get his head cut off and fight james, and I was not disappointed.
A+ RP WOULD RP AGAIN.

DUELING HORNS.

Mixolydia is forever my favorite character to RP with ever and if you haven't RP'd with her recently you're missing out.

NPC shift. also known as "let's calm the distressed peasant by getting her drunk"

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
21 Apr 2014 17:52 #24 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Friday
Lay on baptism. Maralas does such a great job.
Heargen remembrance ceremony was some of the best and most completely immersive rp I've had at KR. Hearing people all tell wonderful, independently created in depth stories about an npc that never made an appearance drove home the depth of th e world

Mass was great as always.

RATS

Saturday
Xod had a blast with people.

Too much to do, had a hard time getting it all done.

Chronicler mod continues to be awesome. I loved my special role in this one. I feel sorry for anyone who is missing them.

Wedding setup slightly derailed by kidnapped wolf Keavey. Got to use my totem for a real purpose, Following the rats do you their hole...

Kept wishing I could find eggs and hand them out while totem form was up.

The wedding was awesome. Kudos to all involved.

Purposely drained all my DP and forgot my staff when escorting the lower levels to tower mod. Lots of fun. Kids did an amazing job as healers and buffers.

My Willpower lessons were torture. Annora had wife dancing and tempting me and I wasn't allowed to move. Then I had to eat dinner with manners. How cruel. However my secondary goal from the lessons may be working.

Main mod prep was chaotic.

At this point I will second how awesome Mixolydia is. There was a great moment of rp where she had Xod start singing fanfare of bravery on o th Era tong rt over his own fear that was so touching. She also gave him an important t quest earlier that day which he is still talking about.

Got there and set up a healing line with Xod and Tommy, and the nightwings. Then we heard about the deaths in the Inn and bolted back. So much death. Thankfully, I was able to bring Gwynedd back, and got to finally use my new trick.

Holding up in the monastery and fighting waves of rats and kin was fun, but for the overload of assassinates. Very heavy props to the npc for being good about the kids, th e dead body and the glass, with out making the scene less dangerous. Thank you to whomever did a point and click way lay on Xod. He was happy to be attacked.

Post main mod warlock hunt was frustrating, but had great rp, and one of the funniest coincidences ever. Thank you Npc bears for showing up exactly where you Steve told us we could try something only if we found an animal.

Sadly had to leave at this point. Excites to be back next month. This event may have changed a bunch of how Caldor will be advancing, so I look forward to the development.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Onca (Lorelai), Maralas (adamdrew3), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
21 Apr 2014 19:05 - 21 Apr 2014 19:21 #25 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
-Returning to Travance after months, reuniting with people.

-Rats, diseases, rats, poisons, Inviolate Forms like candy. Missed the Illithid D:

-Bran's trial. Not having a panic attack. Not really yelling when Sylus poked my brain (Psions *cringe*)

-Damnit Steve and Tori, now I feel bad for Karkat, I hate you.

-Totally up for allowing a crazy worm thing into soul. Then simply asked not to by the one person she'd really listen to. But, they're not allowed to either.

-Happy St. Astrid's Day Kwildar!

-Jack and the plans Jack told Ilana. Hope it worked out!

-I won't lie, got confused during Main Mod. But, I did get to research a brood mother-thing and can study a head now.

-I wonder how many Wyrd stones I need to collect to get a special prize!

-Felt a bit bad about rejecting Dimms a reanimation, but that changed Saturday night saving Dominic from a Permanent Death. Ten minutes, sheesh.

-Caelvan the true warlock and the looks on people's faces when I dropped him suddenly.

-Accidentally meeting a new wild mage around 3-4 in the morning Sunday and chatting it up. He is so awesome, I hope we get to talk more.

-Physician lessons. "Ilana, sometimes when I hear you say something out of context, you're really creepy"

A few hours of Sylph!
-Getting stared at but not talked to so much to the point I thought I was doing something wrong :/. A few people politely informed me I just looked that alien IG and looked awesome OOG (Despite a slight make-up flaw that will be corrected next time) I guess that's a win?

-Sitting at the door on a stoll during feast just starting at everyone and not eating much "Why are you crowded like that" "So we can talk to each other" "....too much like the mess hall" "I guess it's like one" "You don't know what I mean"

-Interacting with Myris and others "You know how I'm different? I can use a fork" /points at Myris using fingers

-Making super happy noises seeing Nigel. Couldn't tackle him at such a short distance, but the immediate bonding was great. The best research assistant! "I either had to stay there forever or leave and I wouldn't leave you behind Nigel. I never forgot you." Let Science begin! <3

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 21 Apr 2014 19:21 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Goggs (coryan)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
21 Apr 2014 22:30 #26 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Ah, this event reminded Ava why she hated rats. The last time she saw any large amount of rats she was still new to Travance (and completely sane)

Highlights in no particular order

-Heroic Chaos Warrior mod. For a little bit there I was Oog afraid Ava was going to be the reason it turned into a combat mod but thankfully Billiam was there to teach Ava how to socialize. Also when she became sane I had no idea I was going to start crying but I guess that's what happens when nearly 3 years of emotions come back

-Coming back from the mod still reeling from emotions which were slowly going back into their chaos box and telling Keavy to recover her weapons if she ever died. (Danielle I SWEAR I HAD NO CLUE I WAS FORESHADOWING)

-being told OOG after MM that they could hear my Despair from the back of the group even though I was smack in the middle. I don't know if the rats were even affected by it but I do it for the fun of yelling terrifying things.

- Unfortunately left the maze before the mod went too far because the smoke was getting to me but I experienced a far more terrifying time by trying to defend the inn and monastary with like ten other people max.

-getting to the inn and seeing dying and dead pcs was insane. We wouldn't have been so screwed had any if us been able to see hidden rats lol

- going back to the inn after evacuating because we heard screams. almost dying but then going back after a retreat to try and recover Leandra and any others who didn't make it.

-knew it was a totally bad idea because I had no defenses. Ava essentially got swallowed up by Swarms of rats and then stabbed between the ribs by a rat man.

-Dying on the table in the inn. I feel bad that the person who managed to retrieve my dying body was literally just a few seconds late and suffered getting ambushed trying to get me back to the monastery

- I was excited to have died. it was Ava's first death and learning that she was sane in the spirit realm made for some really interesting RP. kudos to Malcolm for answering my abundance of questions only to have Ava be so conflicted to turn him down when he tried to bring her through the phocus. Interesting talk to the one who did bring me through. Ava needed to be reassured she was indeed not too dangerous to be alive.

- Awkward times with Morwenne

- Long awkward hug from Keavy when she first saw Ava after coming back. Ava thought Keavy wasn't okay and then wasn't sure how to handle the fact that she was glad Ava came back. I assure you death affected Ava more then she let on but she started to shove those feelings into her chaos box.

- teaching insult to Owen and She and teaching Rosta lore:chaos. people asking Ava to teach them stuff is always fun because i enjoy giving Ava's take on stuff. I am always flattered when someone considers learning stuff from me! (even if Ava gives you a hard time)

- "Shay doesn't talk much"

- Good conversations with Billiam about image. Trying to be "friendly" the rest of the event

-kudos to brother Aldric for suffering through the same conversation we have almost monthly.

- Jack Cypher is the best keeper ever! I would never eat at an event if it wasn't for him giving Ava scraps
of his meal and muffins for not going crazy.

-Ironically someone else said the town was training Ava like a dog. they were joking but I laughed a lot for reasons.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Keavy (Dani), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
21 Apr 2014 23:21 #27 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Friday:
-Quick stint as Larissa during the new player mod. I actually escaped with my life in exchange for the necklace on the bounty poster. Great going taking out a gang of murderers. The sheer level of apathy on the part of Travance was hilarious.
-A cute gesture of courtship, but a poorly veiled one. But hey, free tea!
-Drega'mod was wonderfully frustrating for Clytie, between being able to do absolutely nothing to stop the cultist's ritual and laughing as Sergei pulled out the most colorful insults that I've ever heard in or out of character.

Saturday:
-Introduced Goggins to MagiTech and got a free lunch out of it. Hell yeah.
-Gratuitous amounts of sweets and tea with Meander is a lovely way to spend an afternoon
-Really got to step up during the Chronicler mod, and Clytie's impulsiveness really got everything rolling to get that puzzle piece. But then, impulsiveness has a habit of doing that in Travance. My apologies for being a major cause of Faila's future heart attack.
-Fun RP conversations with Nalick followed by the wedding. It was all in all a good first step in defeating the fear of weddings that Aleister and Morwenne instilled in her.
-RP conversations with Jed about the hypocricies against them for various reasons, as well as Drega'plot talk. Sun and stars I love the way they interact, and they need to do a whole lot more of it and become really awesome friends
-Some quick egg hunting, followed by feast. To date, this one is among the best. Well done everyone!
-Clytie was thoroughly drunk by the end of feast and accidentally tagged along with Magnus, Jonas Kane, Grimm, and Jed. Then Magnus deputized a drunk Nyad. Only in Travance.
-Chatting with Aleister about Clytie's little stake in eating the worm thing led to the closest thing to interrogation since interrogation, but apparently she gave suitable answers. He asked her finally if she was ready to take part in it, and before she could even finish the word I, he told her that her answer was no, and that's exactly why he selected her to do it.
-Main mod would have been fun if not for the fact that I nearly fainted from smoke inhalation.

Sunday:
-The easiest NPC shift ever. I went out once as a lizardkin hoarding eggs. No one came for the longest time, so it was literally the only time I was sent out.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
22 Apr 2014 11:18 #28 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Friday: The Heargen Clan remembrance of Vignar was suitably awesome and immersive RP, though there were a brief funny moment where we almost ran into newbie mod NPCs until Jason quietly and subtly on role explained who they were and we moved along. I wouldn't want to gank new townsfolk's fun.
The entire sequence was wonderful, and mixed in with a bit of comedy as we had trouble lighting the paper boats on fire. (Which honestly is a very heargen problem to have.)

Afterwards it was mail delivery time and of course Angie has given grim the Slip again because Alice is a ninja that's why. Oh well, at least grim got to see cinder again, that's always a highlight.

Drega'mod was really neat, it was interesting to see Xashe -not- freeze grim but have him end up playing combat medic. Worried grim was interesting grim, and he was pulled in many directions at once. This will have IG follow-up.

intimidation lesson with Magnus was pretty great, as was finding out Grim was going to get promoted, and we had a nice run that ended with looking for Jack Dimms in the graveyard. It was a really interesting turn that the same character who was mercilessly mocked for one of his deaths gained massive respect for how he got killed this time. I have really enjoyed the shift in Jack.

Seeing Bran around even if only for a few moments was pleasant too.

Saturday:

An early morning talk with the new/old healer from Alisandria and Morwenne, who grim honestly finds very fascinating to talk to. Generally cool roleplay there.

Guard mod was awesome, Galen did a great job as Lt. Hannes and I really want him to be a recurring NPC. Getting in arguments with Ava was enjoyable, but generally Chaos Warrior mentality vs. Cavalier mentality are going to be pretty stern arguments. Other highlights include meeting Terezi instead of just glaring at her and actually talking, Billiam and his vuvuzela, Jed, and seeing Croi again.

And then I went in to go suit up to be the Big Bounty! Sergeant Three Fingers. We strolled around camp, interrupted a date, and mostly didn't see anyone until we jumped a dashing swordsman and Cinder! The fight itself was a bit brief and I wish I could have entertained everyone more, but sometimes fights aren't the important bit, as Ben and Brian both did a great job on the roleplay of their various characters treating a prisoner with a legitimate beef with Kormyre and Travance quite differently. Roleplaying out getting clobbered in the kidneys or smashed against the bar is always fun. I will miss the eye-wrenching colors of my chosen outfit for that NPC, as he was like old Tobar levels of fashion damage.

After that, I got changed in time to catch a Templar of valos strolling around town and Billiam attempting to arrest him, with help from Sir Cinder and Grim. It ended up being a long philosophical discussion of the nature of man's law vs. Valos' law and with two very different points of view. I'm a little sad we couldn't talk the Templar into going peacefully with us, but the only bounty collected that day was the ony on my NPC ;) The heroic list reveal was really cool, and I am super glad grim got to be a part of it. Had some good RP with Cinder too, and got a bit more information about Cinder's dad and Balfurious out of it.

Feast was really great, particularly Annora's willpower lesson for caldor which allowed me to be exceptionally unmannerly in front of Brother and give him a hard time.

The walk of the badasses was pretty great, Grim, Magnus, Galen, and Jed going to talk to ANYONE is probably not good for someone. Deputizing Jonas Kane and Clytie was also hilarious.

Drega'mire business regarding the rot worm, also super cool, Grim was happy with the result though admittedly quite worried.

Having Pluvious tell grim how proud he was of him, and being asked to be the center of the shield wall for main mod was pretty great. For a brief period of time until the plan made that contact with the enemy, the whole of Travance was briefly marching to grim's called steps. IT was fun, and this was definitely a bounty hunter/cavalier month for grim, instead of a more berserker-heavy month.

After main mod grim had one of those moments where his own somewhat casualness about death (It being a northman thing) ran directly into the more conventional view, and he had a moment of awkward with the Baroness. on the plus side the cripple lesson from Oren was pretty cool.

The Wytchwood mod was very good for roleplay and one of those times where a failure in fact meant a lot more than a success. Also, I like hearing Geoff's stentorian voice yelling at people, even if he's yelling at -me-.

Sunday was pretty chill, I went out as the big bad lizardman and kept getting dropped by packeted attacks. At least I got to see Nigel and Cory's NPC run from me in a hilarious fashion, and got shot really impressively by Kleidin.

One of my odd event highlights is actually post-event. The drive down to Philly with Coryan allowed us to go in depth in our analysis of roleplay, acting, and the various other arts that all go into making knight realms such a fabulous thing for all of us.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Goggs (coryan), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
22 Apr 2014 12:01 #29 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I forgot an important thank you. Paul S. magically handing Xander and Maya buckyballs to play with at just the right time! It was a moment the kids really needed and enjoyed, and it gave me a moment to collect my thoughts before Inverted Tower after stalking my child for most of the event. Thank you.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Tyros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 73
22 Apr 2014 13:36 #30 by Tyros (Tyros)
Replied by Tyros (Tyros) on topic April 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Coming back and seeing so many old friends. Meeting some wonderful new people. There are just too many to name individually.

Genuinely surprising Mixolydia Friday night as she waked into the Inn by handing her a letter of introduction and watching her read it over about five times before looking up to confirm that it was really me.

Walking around the camp and seeing how it changed over the years. (Well done!)

Dealing with ratmen and the swarms as I wandered around the camp. Trying to kill a Rat Ogre on main mod. Helping to destroy a Divine/Dark Druid alter after main mod was great.

Teaching Legionnaire on Sunday.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in May.

(JP)
Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.973 seconds