Week In the Life ~ Highlights!

01 Jun 2014 13:45 #1 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Week In the Life ~ Highlights! was created by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Jen Eff and the Snake Beard will live on in infamy. FOREVER.
(special thanks to Sam Maksoud for making all that laughter possible. Seriously, we laughed for a solid ten minutes. My face hurt afterwards.)

Thank you to everyone who made my friend John feel welcome as well!!! He had a great time and can't wait to come back. :)

In other news, I believe everyone should have the following experience at least once:

On a warm-ish morning, right as the sun is rising, walk down to Alisandria and walk to the edge of the pond (not the lake, but the pond on the edge of Alisandria behind the statehouse.) You will see one of the most beautiful, magical things I've ever seen: the mist on the pond swirling and dancing and rising to greet the sun as the sun begins to make light across the treetops. Seriously, go check it out. It's gorgeous.

Love you all!!!! <3

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Mother Marika (Ophelia), Croínamara (Jen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
01 Jun 2014 18:54 #2 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
I had a great time this week, this is definitely one of the most enjoyable events I have been to. In no particular order:

-seeing friends for the first time in months and catching up was great.
-passing out at noon on Wednesday and waking up 4 hours later, covered in facepaint and popcorn.
-main mod was an absolute blast! The cave-in mechanic was very well executed and worked wonderfully to keep the mod from becoming a disorganized scrum.

I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks for the next event!

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
01 Jun 2014 20:47 - 02 Jun 2014 10:12 #3 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
What I can remember

Wednesday:
-Ilana's trip to Port Valandra with Aleister and Angelica
-Returning to Travance afterwards

Thursday:
-Aggressive Gardening
-Wedding was so cute. Ilana's first wedding
-Balfurous is a jerk
-Religious Summit
-Thursday Night

Friday:
-Pie Day!
-Chimera!!
-Celestine!!!
-Pendarvin Hangout
-Trying to learn about family
-The Dance
-Angeliana and Bran
-Dragon Ritual
-All the new wildmages in Travance Ilana can fret over.
-Viktor came back, Ilana was far too happy for that.
-Dark Grove
-We're going to be Ilithid Hunters!

Saturday:
-NPC Ogre Warlord. I did not hear a single bad thing from the PC side, very glad for that.
-Sindarion's Arch Caster lessons.
-Operation Copper will happen
-Taking a charge to help her on her way (Mars was very surprised by the 'sin')
-The Clove Catastrophe (aka So Much For Sleeping)
-The Psion Problem

Sunday:
-Confidence boost from Gideon.
-Fire Giants
-Laura going back IG just to do a ritual for Ilana. Thanks! <3

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 02 Jun 2014 10:12 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila)
01 Jun 2014 20:52 #4 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Long hikes through Travance with the war dog. 3 deer 1 turkey 1 mouse many squirrels chipmunks 15 kinds of butterflies and moths.

Later. The bear. They looked at each other I said no Mel and the bear walked away.

Tracking in the dark! Loose Melody.

15 fish count!

Song circle!

Great grilling!!

Awesome songs and stories.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Utgard (Utgard), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
01 Jun 2014 22:03 - 01 Jun 2014 22:04 #5 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
- "You had me at 'cannibalism'."
- Chaos.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 01 Jun 2014 22:04 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aria (Aria), Atrus (Atrus), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Narcis (ChrisR), Annora (Karen)
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
01 Jun 2014 22:15 - 01 Jun 2014 22:16 #6 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Was good to see everyone again.Thank you all for being so welcoming to my little brother, he had a great time. Thanks also to all our friends being so supportive and kind to Kristen and I with all things about our lives. Finally thank you to Marie for making one of the best damn feasts I've ever had, most certainly the best desert at a feast. I cannot say exactly when I will you all again but I most certainly will attempt to make the next week in the life event.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
Last edit: 01 Jun 2014 22:16 by Erdrick (Erdrick).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), geezer (geezer), Aria (Aria), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Lathiel (Lathiel), Dorn (Aradiel), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Zathir (Clevatus), Caelvan (Caelvan), Sir Takouri Ringi (Takouri Ringi), Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH), Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Keavy (Dani), Annora (Karen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Maralas (adamdrew3), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Aella (Onirazael), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Brian T.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You cannot escape me, even through death.
  • Thank Yous: 186
01 Jun 2014 23:30 - 02 Jun 2014 10:49 #7 by Brian T. (Renthios)
Replied by Brian T. (Renthios) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
In no particular order:

1) Roleplay with Seamus and Bishop Chance.
2) Feast was absolutely one of the best overall in my many years of LARP'ing.
3) Getting back in the swing of things a bit more after being away, and meeting many new people, plus reconnecting with some other friends I hadn't seen in years.
4) Being so excited for the Friday night grove mod outcome, despite not even being able to be a part of it.
5) Jen and the rest of the Dwarven NPCs, I was almost crying from laughing so hard.
6) Somehow pulling off two complete meals and a late-night snack with reasonable success. Thank you to everyone for your feedback, it was great to hear.
7) That place with those acquaintances and discretionary planning.
8) Strike force teams, and helping to coordinate things behind our lines.
9) Circus was fun, though I wanted to enjoy it more IG but couldn't because of how my character feels toward those sorts of things. Something about them being nothing more than "coin shakedowns", or in my case, the person collecting the coin trying to take my necklace as compensation.
10) Telepathy RP with someone after making a joke that had a lot more weight behind it than was intended.
11) Bringing some laughter to some exhausted NPCs on the side of the road after main mod.
12) "Positive Decency" explanation during Sunday morning training lessons, and actually pulling off a reasonable explanation behind my ridiculous theory.
13) Teaching skills. I missed the interaction and the opportunity to provide insight on how a character sees their skills more than I had originally thought.
14) All the cookouts at the various lands, the stories, the songs, and the good times. Week in the Life was something I had wanted to try for years, and now I know why.

EDITS:

15) RP with James about attending mass and eating chips loudly the entire time.
16) (hot sauce + grilled sausage) + (hot sauce + cheesy feast potatoes) = delicious!

I'm sure there are more, but I'll edit after I remember them. Looking forward to next event already!

IG: Therion

OOG: Brian T.
Marshal
Last edit: 02 Jun 2014 10:49 by Brian T. (Renthios).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aria (Aria), Onca (Lorelai), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Aella (Onirazael)
02 Jun 2014 00:12 #8 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
In no particular order

-Song Circle
-Food
-More food
-CSI:Travance (YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH!)
-Feast Portal
-FEAST!!!
-Marauder
-Drow caves part 2
-Food

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aella (Onirazael)
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
02 Jun 2014 10:50 #9 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Soooo... WITL.

The last few months have been becoming more interesting from an RP point. And then this month happened and the RP I experienced with all the different groups and people, some of which I never got to before, was better than anything I have previously experienced ever. The interactions with all the religious factions in town and some very intense and intimate moments with unexpected members completely blew me away. Doing all the makeup and putting this character out there put me way more than outside my comfort zone, but with how so many people responded, it was more than rewarding and actually quite heartwarming, (death glares and all), and lead to the best rp experiences for me to date.

With that said, in no particular order:

Religious Summit and the rp that lead up to it. The people who were with me beforehand have laid such a wonderful foundation.

Everything leading up to the Maiden's Choice dance. Trying to keep a straight face OOG while standing in a line dance, Atrus makeup and all, across from various light clergy, with pink roses in shirt. "I'm pretty sure I'm getting kicked out of the family for this."

Bothering Laura and Sam M's characters, the RP was astounding. "I liked how you used your compassion and acceptance here as a weapon. That was very sneaky... I appreciate that."

"You had me at 'cannibalism'." And the completely out of the blue rp that resulted.

Ceremonies... If you're bloody, mildly grossed out, and a little offended, then it was a success.
PC: "Do I even want to know what's in this?"
Atrus: "Probably not, if you did you wouldn't drink it... I'll tell you afterwards."

Steve on Sunday: "Every time I see you, you look more and more monstrous!"

Catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror OOG, "Why would any one of you go into the woods with this, and listen to me!?!?"

There are so many more that I will possibly post at another time. Either way, thank you all for the rp, both positive and negative IG responses, it was awesome.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nicoletta (fyperia), Mother Marika (Ophelia), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila)
02 Jun 2014 12:05 - 02 Jun 2014 12:08 #10 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Post-event coma almost over, so I wanted to jot some highlights down while still fresh:

Thursday Night:

Going to the religious summit part two at Alisandria. Walking in and facing the dark clergy and light, not knowing who was more eager to shout me down. In the end we quibbled about semantics and I walked away, sorry about that folks.

Winding up in Ostcliff and discussed things with Morewen (sp?) and Sir Jack until well past 4 am. Without this conversation, I think my event would not have gone nearly so well. It gave me a perspective on my own behavior and on others that proved invaluable. Thanks guys!

Friday:

Spent a laid back day visiting lands, brunch in Drega'mire, getting drafted to cook for Pendarvin, getting training done and giving training in turn. Grim's Master Warrior lesson at Drega'brunch was interesting. I had to write a Poem. Interesting perspective on the training, and I hope Bill likes the poem I gave him after. :)

As the early evening rolled on, I gravitated back to the Monastery, helped with the fire and watched the Maiden's Choice festivities. Had some fine RP with Mother Remy and friend, and picked on Cecilia for a time, successfully making her the focal point of attention. :)

Weekend:

Friday Night began quietly enough, however an immense burden was lifted from Aldric's shoulders after RP with Arabeth, and new purpose from Bat. So my weekend was pretty much a win for me from there. Some quotes from the weekend:

Thalia: "As I see it, I have three duties; One: To keep the ale flowin', Two: To train the new barkeeps, an' Three: To put up with Brother Aldric."

Brother Aldric: "This pub is my office, I preach here more than anywhere and thee assist me with that."
New Barkeep (Forgive me not remembering the name): So does that make me a Priest?
Brother Aldric: "No lad, that makes thee an Altar Boy."

Excellent Light Mass, thank you to the speakers and those who attended.

I NPCed main mod which underscored the disparity in power levels of the PCs to the NPCs at times. The caves where beautifully lit with sound and fog, I really hope some pictures were taken just of them that night.

Finishing up Master list training with Caelvan. We both were watching Bran fight a NPC in a duel, I remarked to Caelvan, "Bran fights with the exact same style I do, but he is way quicker." Caelvan: (after Bran finished the duel) "Hey Bran come here and help me with a Master Warrior lesson." Me: (in my head) "Damn". Probably the most intense fight of the weekend there. Jersey Friends rules probably are insufficient to explain it. I hope I gave what I got, and Bran certainly made it the most memorable training session so far. The conversation with Caelvan (the trainer) before hand makes it all my fault, however. ;)

Overall, nice change of pace to begin the game, and the usual intensity and adversity throughout the weekend portion. Good job to staff for the set up and a special thank you to Marie Del Rio for the Feast. I saw her up at 4am baking cupcakes and getting the feast ready and that kind of devotion shows. She went through alot for us, give her a hug when you see her next!

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2014 12:08 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Aella (Onirazael), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
02 Jun 2014 14:32 #11 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Weds- Couldn't make it so sad
Thursday-
• Got to wear my spiffy new outfit that made me look like a freaking pretty, pretty princess.
• Kaladonia games which were fun and then dropped.. so sad because it was fun.
• Caelvin and Keavy's wedding.
• Reception and ...advice for the newlyweds.
• RElaxing at the fire with friends.
• Watching Caldor trying to leave..and failing miserably
Friday
• BEAR! Getting woken up to friendly warnings of a bear. Sleepily informing Chris That I had traps so no worries.. then pausing and saying "Wait a real one?" and Chris saying yes.
Getting up because I know the Bear won't respect the yellow string on my tent.
• Talking to Angeliana about stuff
• Treasure hunting! And failing miserably. This is why I don't do it. All I seem to net are bug bites
• Watching STeve and company freak out about ants.
• Going down to the beach and watching everyone play in the water.. so jealous. Green paint = no dice.
• Thanks to the fishers who were patient with my son who seemed fascinated by watching fishies get killed and gutted.
• Pendarvin cookout!!
• Giving flee and Gift of the predator lessons. The flee lesson was fun. I wish my leg didn't decide to rebel on me.
• Picking up my friend's daughter to try out Knight realms. THANKS to all who made her feel welcome and happy. She was very nervous, but at the end was so grateful to all those who treated her s nicely. Her father wants to come in as a Warrior monk. He teaches Judo and was an alternate on the Olympic team a few times.
• Warlock fight.. I didn't get to see the outcome of.
• Baking cupcakes until 6 am. I regret starting at 1:00 am.
Saturday
• Feast cooking from Noonish on.
• Feast! Thanks to all my servers and prep people. YOu all did a fabulous job. A big thanks to Minnie who was there the entire time with me. ALso thank you for the great feedback. I love hearing that the food was good.
• Main mod. Doing so much damage I made Aliester say.. "Holy crap you are coming with me."
•Bard circle at Kaladonia.
• Cannibals .. Umm wtf?
• Clove's hut tracking. While I netted little answers that were correct, the overall experience was still interesting.
• WHy is the sun out? Also nice conversations with people by the fire I rarely get to talk to.
Sunday
• Yeah I am just going to say it was truly a lazy Sunday for me

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Utgard (Utgard), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
02 Jun 2014 15:12 - 02 Jun 2014 15:16 #12 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Oh man, where do I even start? Legitimately, the best IC moments I have ever had were in this event. So much happened, I'm not entirely sure I can recall all of it.

Wednesday:
Arrived, walked around, spoke to people. Went to Kaladonia's song circle, which was good fun. It was nice and relaxing - a good change of pace from what Illyrin is used to in Travance.

Thursday:
Started with NPC shift, which was fun. Walked around trying to sell stuff and was doing a good job of it. Even managed to sell some stuff for a little bit more than what it was worth (Travance, you need to learn to haggle), and then Silus happened. Ended up trading everything I had for a cursed cup and bronze shovel. Absolutely hilarious, OOG. Later in the evening I had a lesson in tolerance which was loads of fun - enjoyed RPing with everybody involved. And then the NPC I had suggested to logistics came out to pick a fight with me and dear god that was hilarious out of game. Illyrin was NOT expecting a Londwynian to let loose with berserker rage.

Friday:
Got a lesson in First Aid from Birgitta which was neat. Illyrin kept practising tolerance for the rest of the day, and it was lots of fun watching people express their surprise that an elf was starting to manage his drink. Thalia asked him for a dance at the Maiden's Choice Dance and Illyrin accepted, but is absolutely clueless that she was actually asking him out.

Saturday:
NPC shift first up, had fun waking the camp up as a Dire Wolf along with a bunch of goblins. The attack on the armory was surprisingly successful! Also had some fun being said dire wolf when the goblins went to the inn, because druids and sylvans happened. It lead to some good RP, lots of fun. Enjoyed running around as an orc trying to capture people with the ogres and a drow - HOLY HELL, JAVELINS ARE FUN FOR NPCS. Nothing quite like throwing 12s and critting for 24s as a CR10 NPC. Later got back in character as Illyrin, had some RP swordsmanship lessons from Tobar that no build was spent on but were still fun - I'm slowly getting out of the SCA combat mindset! Illyrin was fascinated by seeing Firin and listening to his discussion with the woodsmen, also geeked out about seeing a Lorestri - he may not be a bard, be he's a traveler and seeing a time-traveler was INCREDIBLY AWESOME for him.

Feast was absolutely delicious, but OH MAN, I have got to say that the singing-portal thing was just the best scene I have ever taken part in. Ever. It was absolutely WONDERFUL, every little bit of it. The whole feast hall emptying out to see what had occurred while the song (a beautiful one at that, mind you) kept going - it was a really magical moment. Illyrin was chronicler-ing as hard as he could, writing down what was happening. When he went through the portal to find Firin's grove - such a place of magic and wonder, he had a true religious moment. Being able to witness that whole scene legitimately confirmed his desire to truly devote himself to his faith. It was an amazing scene and I cannot begin to express how wonderful it was both IG and OOG. Just, bravo all around.

Main mod was A Thing. Illyrin was growing irritated that he couldn't make out what was happening so he could record it, and almost lost a life tag (got hit by two 70 poison assails which dropped him into serious with poison - and then was abandoned by the group that he was with at the time. It's really a supreme stroke of luck that the Pendarvin strike team found him when they did). After main mod, went to Kaladonia's bawdy song circle which helped with his mood.

Sunday:
Mostly just did cabin and camp cleanup and then drove home, as per usual.

I know a ton more happened than just that but I'm still trying to recall it all. GREAT event, 11/10 would play WitL again.

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
Last edit: 02 Jun 2014 15:16 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Faila (Faila), Aella (Onirazael), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
02 Jun 2014 15:14 #13 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Awesome talks at the stump into the wee hours of the morning Wednesday night.
The group of us looking at Karkat like he was crazy because he was the only one who didn't eat people.
Fighting with my shiny new shield and farslayer on main mod (my poor knee).
A gold piece (worth 9 silver)

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Nicoletta (fyperia), Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
02 Jun 2014 16:57 - 02 Jun 2014 16:59 #14 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Wtl was just all over the place definitely had its ups and downs so in no particular order

Watching atrus try and corrupt Tari is hilarious.
Talking with caldor was amazing. One of the best rp conversations I've ever had.
Thank you to both Liz and Mars you were both really there for me when I needed you so much.
Getting to see Sam and Kristen again
Thanks to everyone who encouraged me when I needed it.
Gene
Billliamm and atrus animalistic lessons
Freaking people out by smelling them and wanting to eat them
Keavy and caelvans wedding.
Actually hanging with alisandria for the first time ever and not only realizing they were right about a few things but also realizing there hilarious.
My strange relationship with angel but having it work
Learning some realizations about Kaledonia this week and the hard decisions that will come to follow.
The crazy necromancy plot......I am so ready James
Getting to hang out with Barak so much again
Asking karkat a question and being truly stumped by his answer

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
Last edit: 02 Jun 2014 16:59 by Aria (Aria). Reason: forgot something
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Angeliana (Angeliana), Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
02 Jun 2014 17:26 - 02 Jun 2014 20:12 #15 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Replied by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Teaching Father Godric Frost to fish! (losing a few lures and catching a few stick-fish) but over all having a wonderful haul! Cooked them up thanks to the talents of other members of Alissandria! And finally making time for Syndra to meet the rest of the druids!

Starting an awesome slide of events by questioning the druids and the status of the druids grove, I really didn't expect things to get rolling as fast as they did from my inquiries but they led to all kinds of events and happenings! and to the re-opening of the grove! (as well as watching clove go on a rampage! hooha!)

Being carried out of a spider den to safety, by a spider, to have that spider then swiftly killed by Dorn

So much treasure hunting!

Getting to be part of the morning exploding goblin crew was awesome! Im sure new players enjoyed the fun of being chased down the road for at least 1/2 a mile by goblins screaming "shiny!"

Being a rather insulting dark dwarf

delicious delicious feast foods!

convincing the people in the inn that i was assuredly, not a bad goblin, I just really wanted a shiny!

* BOOM *

Chopping off a beard of snakes

learning my first new skill in game! hooray!

"Not THAT kind of druid"

and

"Become one with nature, then eat it!"

As a new player seeing my actions really take effect and cause a cascade of events gives me a lot of hope for helping out not only new players find the quest hooks and events they want to join in on, but being able to quickly wrap other more advanced PC's into the action!

OOG: Taylor Fischer
Last edit: 02 Jun 2014 20:12 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Dorn (Aradiel), Croínamara (Jen), Aella (Onirazael), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • Thank Yous: 0
02 Jun 2014 22:56 #16 by
Replied by on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
After about a…what 6 month hiatus I believe, it was absolutely wonderful to see everyone again. As you're reading this, I'm sending you all another hug!

Thalia, Almot (spelling, sorry, girl) Pleasure working behind the scenes in terms of maintenance and appearance of the bar with ya!

I'm always happy to guard down at the lake, it's such a beautiful view.
A few highlights of that shift have to by Bryson, I hope I got your name and spelling right. I'm glad you had fun, you were a pleasure to talk to OOG and great to mess with IG. I hope you get to come down next WITL. The Baroness and the Sylph's responsibility-free island made me smile! Nick, thanks for coming down to keep me company as they were leaving, loved talking to you, and Happy Birthday :) Jason and was it Xander? I'm glad you had fun with the boats.

Paul, the Khadja story was wonderful, thank you for sharing that :)

Baroness, Lovely long-named Sylph, Darius, Rodrick and Angeliana, that was the fanciest party, food and company Zellara's ever been honored to have been a part of. That was so much fun, thanks :)

Kev, thanks for a whole bunch. Thank you for giving Zellara the kind of partner Orion is.

James, thank you for sending out the Buccaneer NPC's, Jason, Will, and pretty little lady whose name I do not know, you made my Sunday, thank you so much for the entertainment. I'm so excited to make use of the list!!

If I don't mention something that I seemed to be enjoying at the time, be it some interaction, no matter how small, if I smiled, it was part of what made this past event my favorite at Knight Realms yet, and I thank you for your part in it. It really was wonderful to see you all In Game too. I'm really proud of a few of you for taking initiative with your characters and really having fun.

I foresee the closest return I can make being August. If sooner, all the better, but if not, I'll see you then <3
  • Laura
  • What What What are you doing?
  • Thank Yous: 73
03 Jun 2014 00:26 #17 by Laura (Laura)
Replied by Laura (Laura) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
.......Chaos....

Seriously though, this was the best way to celebrate graduating. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful RP throughout the week! I'm so happy to be back!

Kressara Skytte

Alt: Jinx Kainen

*OOG*
Laura Wernsdorfer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Mother Marika (Ophelia), Narcis (ChrisR)
03 Jun 2014 00:56 #18 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
This week was amazing for me. I feel I finally found a way to step up roleplaying Almat, who is a fairly internal roleplay character, which makes me really happy.

I also had many FANTASTIC interactions this event, and to all you dwarves out there who were so excited about me becoming one, we now need to hang out!

So, a few highlights:
~The Bardic circle. Thank you to so many of you for being part of that.
~Jenna's new PC, who's name I have sadly forgotten. I loved getting to speak Hebrew, er, Beduoin.
~The Wedding. Yay for Keavy and Caelvan!
~Interacting with the voice of Seledrias, whose name I have forgotten once again.
~Awesome lessons. Many lore lessons. Best of all, getting a archcasting student. Now I need to get approved as a Ceremonialist teacher so that I can teach him when he gets to that stage.
~All the Vestments making.
~Getting kidnapped by Drow...well, no, kidnapped suggests that I was not willing to go. The roleplay explaining why I wanted to get kidnapped, then with the Dark Elves, and then explaining why I did it, was all fantastic.
~Long talks with Stacy and Alisia. Thanks you both.
~Zellara, thanks again for the cleaning! You are amazing!
~Bard plot! I so cannot wait for next event!

Overall, I'm still on a high from this event. Thank you all!

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Utgard (Utgard)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
03 Jun 2014 02:18 - 03 Jun 2014 02:26 #19 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Waking up Wednesday and heading into the Inn, only to find out there was no one there, so I went for a walk to the lake. I hadn’t been there for a while. After sitting on the dock for about 10 minutes and scribbling out a poem, Ruindol came down the path. She told me that she was going on a treasure hunt with Tobar and asked if I wanted to come along, and I did. What I didn’t ask either of them was, they had already found each other; what were they looking for out in the woods? Acting on a hunch during the hunt, I actually found something, and even though it was the only treasure I found all week, I’m still proud. We headed back before the sun had set and also to get to the song circle on time, except we found out that the song circle had been pushed back a few hours.

Walking into the bar and stumbling into a burgeoning bachelorette party for Keavy on the eve of her wedding day (congratulations to both of you, by the way!). At some point in the night, Sindarion and Sten ended up shirtless behind the bar. Croi started singing a song about the various forms of facial hair in Travance, and something magical happened. With no rehearsals beforehand, Sindarion and Sten joined in during the chorus, and I felt compelled to join them.

On Thursday morning, I went for a jaunt through the woods, only to find my new friend Lawrence doing the same. We visited yet another place I had never been and also gotten lost, all while getting to know a bit more about each other. Apparently, I look rather silly while walking down steep hills.

“Circus Shmirkus” was fun. (OOG, Chris, you outdid yourself with that mime.) There was an element of creepiness with the jester. He walked around with a stern look on his face, hardly saying anything. The eating of the ‘live’ chicken might be my favorite part.

Friday morning, I walked down to the Monastery with Gwynedd and Amizar for Breakfast with the Bishop and although we arrived at the advertised time, no one was awake to prepare the food. Back at the Inn, Nalick learns that it was Pie Day and asks about it. Amizar walks into the next room for a moment and returns with a strawberry rhubarb pie to share with everyone.
Angeliana was rather inebriated and thought it was wise to show kindness to a seething Billiam, who began menacing her. That’s when I jumped in between them and attempted to calm him down.

It didn’t work.

Now he was after me. I backed into the bar area. Billiam sang a quick tune causing the doors and windows to lock. He followed me up the stairs and had me cornered against the window, where I was on the receiving end of not his fist, but an angry tirade. Then he went back downstairs and I collected myself.
When I got back downstairs, Gwynedd spoke highly of my character and personality in general, but called my intervention “stupid” and that I could’ve gotten myself hurt or worse. She is right, but I’d do it again every time.

Friday night was my NPC shift and for the first time, I went out as an NPC on the new player mod. There were three of us and we were bandits. On our first encounter with the new players, we had the most cordial conversation any bandits have ever and will ever have with potential victims. It still ended with combat, but I’m sure all involved will remember that scene for a long time to come.
Hazar, the new Bedouin in town, sang at Feast and it was incredible. I couldn’t tell you how many jaws dropped when people heard her sing.

There was general silliness at the table. The food itself was amazing (thank you Marie and Jason!) Somehow, I always end up sitting with Galen. I guess something about us… resonates.
Getting to go up to sing a reprise of the “Goat Beard” song. Going up a second time to sing the song we had learned earlier in the day down in the grove. As we sang, more and more people began to sing along and I had the biggest smile on my face.

Playing a few rounds of “Unintended Consequences” with Amizar, especially when I played Saturday night with Caldor, Zellara, and Shee. So much fun.

Looking up into the night sky and seeing the BIG Dipper. You could not miss it.

Running back and forth through the dark late Saturday night between Kaladonia, where the bawdy song circle was interrupted multiple times by monstrous creatures and news of monstrous deeds, and Ostcliff, where an investigation was underway into the tragedy at Fort Clove. Basically, I violated one of two prime rules of thumb of Travance in walking alone at night. Nothing bad happened to me, but it could have. Also, I walked with people to various places because they did not want to walk by themselves.

Towards the end of the night, I was sitting on a log at the Kaladonia bonfire, trying not to nod off, especially with the Baroness seated nearby. I don’t know whether he noticed, but Tobar came over, tapped me on the shoulder and said it would be okay if I headed back to the Inn for the night, and he thanked me for my assistance.

Sunday afternoon, the Seneschal had too much milk and offered some to me. While pouring me a glass, however, my cup sprung a leak. The Seneschal – head of the Merchants’ Guild, ahem -- put his cup beneath mine to capture the spilling milk. I drank what I could. There was, and I said as much aloud, an analogy to be found somewhere.

Hanging out with Trent and Akira on the patio by the front of the Inn. “So, I’m going to tempt fate right now.” I open my book to where I have the lyrics to the grove song written down and sing the first two lines. Then we hear a loud noise in the distance and the two of them look at me like, “What did you do!?”

Alisandrian farmers came all the way to the Proper and to the back porch of the Dragon’s Claw, but felt too timid and perhaps unworthy to go any further. With some coaxing, however, they made their way inside to thank us and to share the news that their crops were doing exceedingly well. Goblins made their way inside and the farmers hid under the table.

They also gave a lesson in how to defend yourself. Hide under a table. Kick over a bench and pull it close. Take coins out of your pocket and set them on the table. That way, when demons come by, they will be too distracted by the gold to look under the furniture.

I introduced myself to the various farmers, who seemed to know me already. One of them asked if I was “the mighty Nalick” and they were all excited to hear me sing them a song. I obliged but honestly, I don’t think I’m that big of a deal.

Various jokes with Illyrin and Sten
A bit of mischief with Lydias
A whole lot of silliness with Rane
Keeping Landris company in Pendarvin while she was cooking. A certain joke about avocados that I can’t repeat here.
All of the cookouts. Thank you to Kleiden, Sir Anhil, Sir Gideon, and everyone else who manned/womanned the various fires and cooked food for all of us.
Dancing in the rain with Croi at the Maiden’s Choice dance. It was one of those moments when it was going to pour for only five or ten minutes, and I had an itch to do something fun. Thank you for indulging me.
Something that happened late Sunday afternoon. You know who you are and you have my grudging thanks.
Overall, feeling more at ease playing my character than I ever have.

A special thanks to the EMTs and other medical staff at Camp. If there are heroes in Travance, it’s you guys.

See you all in June.

Last edit: 03 Jun 2014 02:26 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), , Goggs (coryan), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
03 Jun 2014 05:16 #20 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
After missing two years' worth of Week in the Lifes, I have finally managed to haul my cookies to Camp Sac for this one.
Boy, was it worth it.

In no particular order:
- Being able to finally bring my harp up to Knight Realms and playing it at numerous different occasions!
- GOAT BEARDS
- AND NAKED FACES
- All of the music, for that matter. This event probably has the record for the most music I've seen at KR, from all the song circles, to "What Do You Do With a Drunken Hobbit" on the lakeside, to all the talented singers at Feast, and, of course, singing Amaranth at the feast.
- And, of course, feast. Props to Ree and everyone who helped make it, because it was one of the best darn feasts I've had in my 2 years of Knight Realmsing.
- After falling off of the ladder to one of the bunks in the barracks (not fun), Melody walked up to me and put a paw on my lap with what I could swear was concern. Words cannot express my fondness for that dog.
- Bachelorette party. Thank you, Alan/Sten for being my partner in crime.
- Getting woken up on Saturday by exploding goblins, complete with a wild surge. After helping Tobar clean them up, I had fun spending the rest of the period (i.e. day) with my body temperature raised to a continuous Scorching Touch effect. Handling books with fire tongs so they didn't catch fire, freezing water around my feet so as to help cool down as best as possible, avoiding handshakes, and other hijinks ensued.
- Finally learning archcaster from Ilana Darkwood. Look out, Arawyn, Sindarion's about to learn the big magics.
- Chaos o'clock. "Guys. I think we're forgetting one important question. WHO THE HELL IS THAT GUY!?" Sindarion had to drunk as much as possible to cope being in the same room with multiple dark clergy and, Brazen forbid, having a good time with them.
- Rowing out onto the lake at 2 in the morning with Mixolydia to meet with Lord Hellock. One of my favorite moments of the entire event was when we heard screaming on the beachfront and went to row back as fast as possible, to find that the situation, thankfully, had been handled... and suddenly Jonas Cane appears out of nowhere in a rowboat. It might have been the fact that it was stupid o'clock, but James, that was probably one of your finest moments.
- Relaxing by the song circle and firepit in Kaladonia after the boat rowing and nodding off by the fire.
- Being woken up by a band of gypsies in the barracks, my first thoughts being "oh, no, we're going to get attacked again," only for them to be quickly silenced by a tongue lashing from Ruindol and the Baroness.
- Meeting and bonding with a few other wild mages on Sunday.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Croínamara (Jen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
03 Jun 2014 13:50 #21 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
This was a hell of an event.

The shenanigans of getting down to the camp.

Getting a message about a certain few people being able to make it down.

Song circle.

-elric getting good and wasted so he could sing a song.

-"at this point we're just gonna go back and forth" most entertaining weapon prof lesson ever. Elric is gonna have to get used to going from polearm to greatsword.

Maker's mark?
Maker's mark

Rent-a-dead

Hearing that rent-a-dead actually had a customer.

coming back as Viktor, just in time for...chaos...

pioneer surgeon, that is all

Pendarvan cookout!

Fresh fried fish... Fantastic...

Satyr berserker zipeto? Sweet

Spiderbro is a damn hero!

Viktor hanging out with a certain drow.

All of the smithing... All of it...

no, miss drow matron, you may not run away... You are going back into the blender.

I almost forgot about Hunter! Looks just like his dad!

Overall, I think this was a good week!

See you all in june!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Utgard (Utgard), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
03 Jun 2014 17:05 - 04 Jun 2014 22:49 #22 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
~ All of the Massages! All the chats had during giving them.
~ Keliden / Tari talks at Kaladonia song circle. Thank you both.
~ Alander coming with Angeliana as a friend to a dark place to leave a rose for someone.
~ Getting yelled at by Rudolf after being accused of breaking Grimkjell. Being told he’d throw her in jail to keep her safe and away from Jed if she kept making her bodyguards quit, responding with: Sure, Karkat will keep me company there. Oh, the fury that followed…

~ Being called a petulant child by an angry unkel Rudolf the next day, then proving a point to him and everyone else that she is her own person in control of her own choices capable of anything she chooses to accomplish… Couple this with an RP choice I’ve been tirelessly and carefully been following for months (Thank you again Cappy for finally figuring it out despite not interacting with me directly much) and queue massive uproar and protest from the majority of Travance. This was beyond difficult to RP for many FOIG reasons, but I regret nothing, what spectacular results…
~ Learning more about Terezi and letting her have a taste in hopes it will soothe her from within due to the positive energy since Angeliana felt terrible about her past. Wanting her to know she is beautiful just the way she is and not broken, caressing her face and calling her pretty at every chance.
~ Jed and Atrus. All of it. The rose on the altar, perfect. The symbol, hilarious, since it later turned my thumb dark and I chucked it away in terror the next day.
~ Wanna see a bunch of squee ing women chasing Jed? Hunter Danger De Voe! Adorable… Handsome… Precious. Putting up a sanctuary to keep creepy mime away from Hunter Danger!
~ Telling all of the people all of the things…
~ The truce summit between dark and light. Being the only member of the light clergy there and getting asked my opinion. Some of the looks on people’s faces when I spoke and said what I said.
~ Muhammad Al’Akir, his quote, his visit, the gift given.
~ Bishop to the follow up light & dark talks, brother Aldrick losing his temper and walking away. Did it have anything to do with Jed caressing Angeliana’s head on his lap? Your glaring was priceless!
~ Chaos! Short lived due to concern for Slightly Corrupt Billiam… Getting called Evil Witch by him for trying to make sure he is ok, my touch burning him due to positive vs negative and him punching me in the face for trying to calm him down. Surviving said punch! Thanks Keavy! Also flying on Arden! Weee! Didn’t work but was worth a shot. Doing everything to help him until he called her luv again, hugging him something fierce when he was finally back to being his ‘charming’ himself.

~ Breakfast of idiots: Satyr’s wine and strawberry rhubarb pie. Getting a round of applause for drinking water without using hands. Thanks Nalick for the pie and the note, and also making sure you collected on it later.
~ Theska… the tri-hat second shadow. We shall see how this turns out.
~ Being told by Grim he must do a very dangerous thing but Angeliana can’t come because it’s a path he must travel alone. Calling bullshit on that, empathically locating a whole bunch of the angriest heroes of Travance after he gave her the slip. Zach’s Satyr insistently beating on my sanctuary until exhausted. The insanity that was heroic berserker mod and Zipeto’s angry satyr, returning with all sorts of blood and exhaustion not to mention a major phobia of rage… All zerkers and celts? Thanks Drew… Thaaaaaanks. People’s faces as Falia and Grim were carrying a bloody pulp of an Angeliana back to the Monastery to host the dance.
~ Having to run away from Bran when he returned to the proper. Blowing willpower to go back and tackle hug him. Giving him my rose and doing an “Andorran dance”. Freaking out mid ‘dance’ due to immunity running out from willpower, Tobar locking the door as a joke. Horrible joke…
~ Billiam waylaying Angeliana, throwing her over his shoulder and carrying her outside to Doctor Darkwood (Gene, wow, you’re strong, I’m heavy), then gaging and binding her with her own clothing.
~ Illana’s cure, things shared there… best and maybe worst. But best cure still.
~ The fundraising! Billiam donating one gold at a time, Bran fuming as he watched Billiam collect then handing Angeliana wine to wash her lips clean.
~ The Maiden’s Choice Dance! What a success! Thank you all for all of the help and participation! The food, the music, the songs, there was even a harp! Meeting more Andorrans!
~ Corrupted grove, unkel finally seeing niece in action. Absolute Power Call of Peace = no voice left for a week now. The focus walk afterwards. Good RP in there as always.
~ Wanted poster with my face on it? Dark elf scribblings? Don Kellard to make it worse! Trying to avoid him until he zeroed in on me. Showing him a way to the baroness’s manor… for 3 hours… Never said it was the most direct way! All of the shenanigans at the inn with him when he wanted so desperately to take Angeliana back to the Underdark. She was simply trying to protect the rest of the women in Travance. Never expected Bran to suggest he is prettier when they stopped by the monastery. Don Kellard asking him to take off his clothes so he could examine, of course Bran obliged and Don Kellard found him fitting. Luckily Quan Lui was around and Angeliana managed to give DK the slip before anyone got taken to the Underdark with him. Sorry, not sorry.

~ Baroness! Finally getting some time to tell her many things. Her aura!
~ Best Feast I've ever had at KR period. Delicious. Banshee sauce on cheesy potatoes is brilliant. Thanks to all involved! Ree you rule!
~ Hazar? (Jenna) Jaw dropping singing and rp the entire week.
~ A very difficult main mod for Angeliana, managing no deaths is always a comfort, other things certainly were not. Roderick and Caldor comforting a weeping, drinking Angel.
~ Meeting Lyramaeriel and all of the bubbles. Later food and chats with Baroness, Darius, Roderick and Zellara. All of the laughter. “Get out!”
~ Very important talks with Seamus and Bran, the tears, the emotions…
~ Chat with Bat about justice.
~ Watching Seamus teach Bran two handed fighting.

Fantastic event with fantastic people and gorgeous weather. Thank you KR family, can’t wait to be back!

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 04 Jun 2014 22:49 by Angeliana (Angeliana). Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Aella (Onirazael), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
03 Jun 2014 17:41 #23 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
All the many late night chats at the stump.

Marshaling Ceremonies

CSI: Travance

Politics

Ramen

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
03 Jun 2014 17:55 #24 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Fun times, sorry I missed the real Pendarvin gathering Friday but glad Geoff helped us put together an impromptu one Saturday.

Interesting conclusion to the Wytchwood/Grove problems. Incredibly frustrating plot mechanic, but ultimately was good to circulate people in and out. Very tired of dark whispers, what lists can I swap into for Superior Willpowers? hah

Main mod looked great, so glad I was able to get into the drow caves (albeit briefly) for the fight. Was awesome to see them all done up, I was jealous last month when our group didn't get to go inside. After dealing with cave ins and collapses, was a bummer to finally get to the "end boss" only to be told we all had to stand down. Like getting unintentionally thrown into the lava then told to sit out on Ragnaros cause you kept having to run back, haha.

Ultimately ended up good though, we needed it for that fire giant. Apparently a young one at that. One of the most fun encounters I've had in a while with just one NPC, really well done Matt D.

Boating in the lake in the middle of the night was fun. I thought what people were saying was a joke, but it was for real. I owe Pat big time for rowing us across, what a serious job.

Had some good talks with some of the other druids too, got some perspective on inner workings. Really interesting, looking forward to seeing what happens.

-Andy

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pat (Pjort)
03 Jun 2014 18:08 #25 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic Re:Re: Week In the Life ~ Highlights!

Steven SA wrote: - Being woken up by a band of gypsies in the barracks, my first thoughts being "oh, no, we're going to get attacked again," only for them to be quickly silenced by a tongue lashing from Ruindol and the Baroness.

For the record I never said a word. I don't think I could have- I was delirious from exhaustion. My name was merely used as a weapon.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
03 Jun 2014 18:46 - 05 Jun 2014 21:15 #26 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
Replied by Lathiel (Lathiel) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Another great Week in the Life! Great event to come back to after a short break of 2 or 3 months!
Friday Night
Good seeing people I haven't seen in a bit (*cough cough* Mr. Roberts)
Quickly being asked if I wanted to help with the Dark Grove and just as quickly accepting.
Taking the long trek to totem pole hill as is usually the case for mods.
I didn't like taking the 5 minute break before going back in, but I did not want to be Dazed.
Hearing that Drow were about and quickly heading that way to help deal with 2 or 3 Drow. Wasn't too much of a problem and is always fun IG to kill Drow (most Drow).
Meeting the "new" Tari. Not personally a fan of the Kiterian (or Jaxuarian) version of Tari. I prefer conversation over curious sniffing. (But you're still awesome Stacey!)
Escorting Mirwen, Almat, and I think Illyrin is your name to the Mages' Guild for scholar things and almost falling asleep in there. When it was time to leave, I (for some reason) decided to leave with Almat and Illyrin to Kaladonia and then the Inn.
I don't remember much else except for Ardin blowing that horn the whole night. I am not going to be surprised when he receives death threats. What was particularly funny was when Ardin "welcomed" Don'Kallard with a few blows of the horn and being told that he shouldn't do that. What was also funny was a sort of continuation of this at Kaladonia with Ardin and Billliamm with Billliamm doing his best to try to persuade Don'Kallard into allowing him to play the horn with constant hints of a bit of Drow racism. Then Billliamm finding the Drow Galamachians and asking Don'Kallard how valuable they could actually be in an attempt to kill them off. James, you were great as Don'Kallard. Just sayin'.

Saturday until Main Mod
Being the last person to wake up in the Mages' Guild (as usual) to the sound of screaming and weird laughter (goblinoids). Trying to get ready for fighting them until.... as soon as I was ready, they were taken care of.
Having some good breakfast.
Heading back to the Mages' Build sometime later.
Decided to go to the lake and surprisingly see Kristen (great seeing you again as always. I hope to see you soon again).
Had some good IG and OOG conversation with Jasmine and Zellara to prevent boredom from staying down there for 4+ hours. Always a pleasure talking to you and hearing about "your" achievements.
Nothing like taking on 4 Trolls by yourself after getting changed from the lake. O Fire spells and Fire damage and how much I love them.
Also gaining the attention of Mars' NPC Ogre when out of the blue comes my magic damage and being the primary focus of her attacks.
Meeting with Kenneth and Godric for some talks on the basic principles of being a Paladin and becoming a Paladin Acolyte (something I have been hoping to achieve for a while)! Knowing that Godric and I were likely to be combatting evil in the future together.
Feast: absolutely spectacular!! By far, the single best feast I ever had in my six and a half years at KR. The beef brisket was perfect along with the cheesy potatoes. The cupcakes were also pretty awesome (peanut butter was my favorite).
Goat Beards and Naked Faces and Sylus' rather bitter face while slowly clapping.

Main Mod
Just went out as a simple Drow torturer that pretty much died in a couple of minutes every time I recycled. The only time where we had an effect on the townspeople was at the cave-in. We still died horribly but not without putting up a fight.

Post- Main Mod
Fighting some summoned undead that weren't controlled by their creator.
Witnessing a scrying ritual performed by Tari.
Heading to Kaladonia after hearing about trouble in the form of a Fire Giant. Pretty tough battle.
Heading with Caelvan to search for the Baroness and finding her with Arden and Sindarion in an attempt to find and talk to Lord Hellock. We found him across the lake and witnessed the Baroness and Sindarion row out to meet them. After having found Lord Hellock, heading back with a small group back to the Kaladonian campfire where food was generously offered by the Baroness and generously prepared by Caldor and Caelvan and everyone else that helped and brought that food.
Hearing fighting going on in Ostcliff and arriving at a rather confusing scene. Hearing reports of both sides starting the fight first but not knowing the real answer.
Making a S'more and watching a Ceremony by Almat in an attempt to find the culprits of the burning down of Clove's hut.
Not getting to bed until it was bright out

Sunday
(Again) Being the last person to wake up in the Mages' Guild. Waking up to Ardin calling in four gypsies to sing Happy Birthday for me and of course in the name of good roleplay pausing when the name aspect enters into the song. Thank you to Will, Jason, Greg, and (I forget your name, but I remember you played a Kiterian and are a friend of Jason/Caldor).
Doing some packing before having an omelet with bacon. Delicious!
And of course the Fire Giants. Very good fight except for the untimely end of Shane with an untimely arrow shot that struck him where no man wishes to be struck. I feel your pain.
Unfortunately having to leave.

Hoping to see everyone at the next event!
Edit: How could I forget one of the most hilarious moments Saturday night after the Fire Giant? It all started with me entering and Aleister telling me to drop my sword and shield and to take off my belt and throw it to him while pointing his sorcery staff at me. Then another person pointing their sword at Aleister telling him to put down his sorcery staff and me taking it. Then enters 7-9 more people doing the same thing for a few minutes until Aleister tried ending it by being ready to kill himself saying "Don't make me do it." and being talked out of it by Philadin. Was legit one of my favorite moments of the event!

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Master of the Mages' Guild
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2014 21:15 by Lathiel (Lathiel).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), , Aella (Onirazael)
05 Jun 2014 19:09 - 05 Jun 2014 19:17 #27 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Wow.. What a WITL. Even though I missed two days of it, it was amazing.

Driving down with Ree in full makeup, and the looks and comments she got on our pit stops.

I arrived early Thursday, and immediately remembered how much I love the RP of WITL.

The wedding was incredible. Thank you to Zach, Janice and Josh for your assistance and the roles you played.

Caelvan and Keavey’s gift for Caldor was both unexpected and hugely beloved. It was amazing IG and OOG, and it definitely warmed both our hearts. It also further cemented how glad I am that my totem is Rabbit.

Kaledonea fire pit and the events that resolved around it were amazing. So much awesome. Beardy McFeatherbow, Master of the Fire Pit shall remain one of my heros for years to come.

I was about to leave to head home for work, when Tari and I were finally able to start our conversation. I’m SO glad I didn’t leave five minutes earlier, as that was an amazing RP. It explored nature, magic, barbarian prejudice, the weave, and so much more. I really thank you for such a wonderful talk. Plus, the future altar space really did feel serene for such a talk

Kaladonia games were excellent fun. I had a blast with the riddles and the trivia, despite Caldor’s terrible answers to the latter. Theif was fun, as was archery. Typhon is truly terrible at Mutiny.

Returned just in time for Lay on Friday. Battle against Dark Grove/True Warlock was fun. Hopefully, they will never try and have Caldor do battle strategy again, as he’s terrible at it. However, he is good at setting buff/healing teams. I had a lot of fun working with and around the environmental effects.

Thank Rudolf for selling me that flask of efficiency. Given how many buffs I hand out, the benefit is amazing. I especially find Barkskin for 2 to be the best.

Kaladonea fire pit continues to be amazing. Nothing like grilling fresh food up.

Caldor actually loosing his temper at accusations against the druids. And even more fury at Typhon for sacrificing himself again without telling us.

More work on the Kaledonea altar space.

Watching Ree START making cupcakes at 1 am. What’s wrong with you hon…. But thanks, they were great.

Watching the Baroness give an amazing lesson to Xod, and the after effects of same. Jen you are fantastic.

Discussions with Firin. Caldor again loosing his temper at accusations, but understanding the need to work harder to prevent corruption from getting out of hand. Had an even better conversation with him when he came back along after an Absolute Power lesson. The Absolute Power lesson was also amazing.

I can’t seem to remember what else I did on Saturday, which is weird because I know I did a lot.

Happy surprise with the guests who showed up for a visit Saturday.

Feast… Feast was utterly incredible. That is one of my favorite of my wife’s recipes, and I was happy to share it with everyone.

Sat out of Main mod to watch Xod, which was fine as I had no idea the purpose of it, and archers were in demand. Amazar introduced hi to a fun game, which was great.

More Fire pit discussions… and then the Clove incident. Caldor was furious that someone, anyone, would do that to a man’s home and to the earth. He was happy to volunteer to help out however possible. Dealing with the lake was incredible, and watching the Baroness insist on crossing herself to get Lord Hellock was incredible.

So Proud that the fire pit became a central location of activity.

Stuck my foot in my mouth at least 2 times with the Baroness. Someday Caldor's lack of common sense and civility is going to get him into real trouble.

Fire Giant attack was great… so happy to finally have lore Barbarian save the day.

Sunday was mostly unwinding, though I did have some good conversations and lessons.

I also want to thank everyone for being so good to our friend Karena who played the new Kitieran Bard. She had a great time and hopefully will be back soon.

I know I'm forgetting a lot. Bah.

FIRST HOLY HELL HOW DID I FORGET THAT EDIT:
Meeting the new druid and the Goblin Shaman. Its so nice to have another Shaman around, even if the term means completely different things to both of us.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 05 Jun 2014 19:17 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aella (Onirazael), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
05 Jun 2014 19:34 #28 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
Week in the Life is always a singularly great event, and this one did not disappoint.
A couple random highlights that I remember, in no particular order:

-A nice heart-to-heart with Keavy at her reception

-So much food everywhere I turned during the week. A+ kaladonia cookout, would cookout again.

-Watching Syrion's master warrior lesson from Aleister, and then learning crushing blow from him myself.
Logan, the stealing each other's swords thing we had going was great.

-Actually getting to talk to Aleister for longer than 2.3 seconds and vent Annora's frustrations without being interrupted by a monster attack or the end of the world.

-FEAST. Ohmygods was it delicious. I may or may not have pounced upon an abandoned platter of brisket and proceeded to stuff my face. I regret nothing.
Also, Seamus complaining about vegetables and healthy food.

-The best Glommite PR method. Also known as adorable baby Hunter.

-Getting to see Sam and Kristen again. Darius is always guaranteed to be a bundle of hilarity that makes Annora want to bash her head against a wall.
Also, BUBBLES.

-Invading the monastery Friday morning to go shower, and hanging out with those cool people.

-Religious summit, an actually interesting talk with Merikh as he explained his culture.

-Thursday night NPC: Roaming band of hyperactive orphans. We got fed at the Kaladonia campfire and braided Sindarion's hair :D

-Coming back IG to find that the religious meeting had devolved from serious talks to Chaos O'Clock

-CHAOS

-"Remedial Necromancy"

-Watching Aleister do sorcery is always great. Especially when it involves drawing in the dirt.

-Dealing with the dark grove Friday night--getting attacked by Clove, dropped to crit by Orophin, and being less than a minute away from a focus walk when my body was found. No holds barred mod, loved it.

-Finding my drow wanted poster. I so proud.

~Getting kidnapped by Drow...well, no, kidnapped suggests that I was not willing to go. The roleplay explaining why I wanted to get kidnapped, then with the Dark Elves, and then explaining why I did it, was all fantastic.

-Getting to be part of the drow kidnapping squad, even if I was only a lowly goblin slave.

-Saturday, hanging out with people behind the inn when NeSoWee comes up to me to point out "a weird druidic thing" down in the pit. Look over to see Firin sitting and waiting. Frantically gathering everyone to go see Firin, and getting lectured for our screwup as we rightfully deserved. Annora getting pissed at those who tried to throw excuses or "it wasn't our fault" reasons (sorry, Jason M). Being 100% in agreement with Tris about how we dun goofed big time and need to own up to it and take responsibility for our actions.
Later, defending Typhon from those who wanted to yell at him for his sacrifice, as Annora completely understood what he did and agreed with why he did it (even though she was sad she didn't know until later). Great RP all around.

-The weather actually being nice and not bombarding us with either heat or rain.

Until June, everyone!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onca (Lorelai), Aella (Onirazael), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Morgan
  • Thank Yous: 20
05 Jun 2014 22:08 - 06 Jun 2014 02:04 #29 by Morgan (faewinds)
Replied by Morgan (faewinds) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!
OH GOD SO MANY THINGS (that are totally not in order)

-Morgan opened up her new list (really happy that my lists share so much)
-Getting asked by the Knight of her land to take someone to the Maiden's choice
-How long it took my stuff to dry after swimming Friday, someone remind me to bring a bathing suit next game
-Glommite ritual!
-Aftermath to Glommite ritual
-Making friends with Marika
-'Oh, look, ale'
-Confusing Atrus
-going to Quickchek while in costume with the aftermath of the ritual and woad and actually scaring some dude
-Verril's 'sister', nice to meet you Devi- I mean, Vera
-Strawberry rhubarb pie
-Staff lesson with Lidius and Cecilia. I like how she decided I'd learned that
-Her loot from the New Players mod
-meat forms at Clove's while waiting for the plant mod to start
-song circle
-being infront of fires with various heat sources
-Having all these people warn me against spending time with Atrus after the thing with Angeliana and Jed
-Bartenders Unite!
-Lidius asking Clove to the Maiden's Choice
-Going and stealing peoples weapons for reasons
-Being a Gaian preistess and bringing all the money back to Logistics
-going around as a group of Drow females who volunteered to deliver missives to the rulers of travance
-Thank you, ring of Vestments, for leaving me annoyed and not knocked out by the Goblins Saturday morning
-The problem with being a empath- when something makes the large group of people around you nauseous, it makes you wanna throw up
-THE BACHELORETTE PARTY NO WHY
-being told I wasn't allowed to go anywhere by myself because Ostcliff stuff
-head scritches!
-back rubs!
-being shade for Hunter on my NPC shift

SO MUCH FUN

Also: The car ride home gave me the idea of the Welcome to Travance drinking game: Listen to Welcome to Night Vale. If you can apply something to Travance ("If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget.") Drink. Take this at one episode intervals, or risk alcohol poisoning.

[img

Player: Mary Rose M.
Main: Morgan Cooper, High Priestess Of Glomm, Find Gregory Ya Gahdang Self
Alt: Fiona Hesperus, SAYTR NOT ANTHROPORMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION OF GOOD, Physician, Scholar
Alt: Elizabeth Spencer, Stonefall
Alt: Briar, Stonefall, Druid
Last edit: 06 Jun 2014 02:04 by Morgan (faewinds).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
05 Jun 2014 22:39 #30 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Week In the Life ~ Highlights!

Annora wrote: -Getting to be part of the drow kidnapping squad, even if I was only a lowly goblin slave.

Do you know how hard you made it to keep a straight face? Especially when the two of you were being "stealthy"!

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.908 seconds