Oct 2014 - highlights

06 Oct 2014 09:00 #1 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Oct 2014 - highlights was created by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
First I loved the new format. First time I got to use my tag skills at a main mod.
The symbols were an interesting link.
So main became a highlight. I also noticed people once fine got to do more in character things rather than wait. It was also good that while they could not effect the fight they could effect us... It lead to seeking those you knew for certain skills like healing and protections so that pushed further RP.

Mel got to have an encounter on Sunday with the wolves in a pack. Hope you liked the muffins... They came up all menacingly. Mel goes people cool! Hey they walk funny. No matter she says hi hi hi!... She gets grumbled growled at and eyes him confused... Then friendly anyway. So I call out after getting my blade. Oh you poor things are you hungry?" Fed the wolves. When she decided to go off either them I called. "Melody you are not allowed to go pack with those wolves!"

Thank you for including her!

Amizar conversation.

Guarding assignments to my guys at feast while I make deals. Missed Ragnarock which was sad. Then taking my own station at the great council meeting.

Patrols! One fight after another as usual.

Guard meeting and helping a certain set that might need his eyes checked...

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
06 Oct 2014 09:19 #2 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Separated from event highlights but a highlight none the less was birthday cake! With the BloodSpirts cross on the top! Thanks so much for all being there for it. It was delish event half frozen. Honestly I think I liked it better that way! I put my chocolate in the freezer all the time. Cookie Tree needs to be cake tree too! Oh and the symbol was grabbed and eaten at home. I love this game because if it's people!! And surprisingly enough I did not lose a life tag... On the birthday event.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
06 Oct 2014 09:23 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Where to begin... Such an excellent weekend OOG, even if it was stressful IG.

- The Wedding of Gideon & Kleidin. I am sorry I could not just make it an open invite, but... that usually ends poorly in Travance. Many, MANY thanks to Kirsten for being accommodating with the plot schedule, and it actually worked out for the best, because the majority of Team Infinity was already in one place. :-)

- Typhon being called to deal with dark druidics, when he was scheduled to perform the wedding. Gideon realized that the Heirophant was doing his job, as he should be, and was glad it all worked out for the best in the end.

- Caldor's quick thinking that saved the ceremony. Thank you, Jason!

- Demonic Orphanage Mod. Any moral qualms about dealing with the "teachers" faded when we learned that the orphans were not "accidental" orphans. Caldor's handling of the kids was spectacular, and Gin Ginny's timing was perfect.

- Teresa's last respawn as a teacher / cultist. Gideon: "That was the last one... she must have been a substitute teacher." Geoff turning and seeing Dave R. behind him, who is a substitute OOG. *facepalm*

- The Kaladonia / Team Infinity mod. It opened with multiple shots from Kleidin, Aella, and Anhil at the poor NPCs, and only got better from there.

- The Transfer / Knighting of Danny McKregar. Welcome home! :-)

- All of the RP surrounding Bloodtide. Gideon is beginning to hate the thing more and more, and questioning the need to have it now that there are other options beginning to appear.

Looking forward to the Ball, and can't wait for November!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
06 Oct 2014 09:59 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Highlights:

- Land based main mods: I think I really liked this way of doing things. It forces one to think outside the box (we didn't have a healer or a Psion and had to borrow healers, as they would not be engaging in combat, only healing us) and may allow some of the smaller characters to shine. I'm not big, I'm just half decently practiced and on a level of one to ten on the self criticism/doubt scale, I score Kai Allard-Liao. I would also like to see groupings more based on class or races as well in this same vein.

-I too, did not lose a life tag. I completely expected to.

-It was good to get out in the cold and do things. unfortunately, the cold also makes me sleepy. Sorry for nodding off at the Kaladonia fire. Need to find some way to warm my legs in the cold months- I'm not getting rid of the kilt.

-the pickpocket fail. She was a very good sport about it.

-All the new learning.

-Blood Spirits/guard shenanigans. Especially at feast.

-the corrupted treeman mod up at the caravans.

-to the goblin on sunday who turned after a small chase from Kaladonia to Ostcliff: way to make the Just Doesn't Look Right alarm go off. I thought you might have had a bushwhack in the works and had to be more cautious.

-Psycho wake up mod: "THE SNACK THAT SMILES BACK-CHILDREN!" Note to self: I need to grab some of the bigger cards, because it seems I always wind up going head to head against the big boys, and I go down hard without even seeming to scare them. Last game it was the incredible Mister Schaller. this game it was Sir Danny and Grim.

-the Merchant mod. you're a slick one, you are. On top of that, I got to stretch myself a bit. Win on both counts.

-chatting with Boryev about gypsies and their natures.

-civil service lesson from the exchequer.

that's all I got. Until next time: Wear your seatbelt, Don't run with scissors, and stretch in the morning.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
06 Oct 2014 10:43 #5 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
I entitled my event as : Ava and Orophin Part 1: Littany of Doom Fixes Everything!

In no real particular order:

-Ava and Orophin learning what flirting was at the Heroic Brute Mod. Practicing their flirting for the rest of the event.

-Dying to Mirror Ava(Read Chris Zipeto) in the Inverted Tower. My card was empty of defenses by the time Mirror Ava came.....

- Watching talks with Merikh and Orophin in the stump. Orophin disagreeing with Ava on the basis of semantics. Ava being confused because she thought they were saying the exact same thing. Merikh saying they were saying the same thing but had different places they were coming from.

-Ava teaching Orophin various words over the weekend.

-Ava dealing with a brooding Orophin. Ava getting really...antsy and annoyed by said brooding. Then serious talks....What happens when one emotionally inept person tries to explain love to the other? Well it's like checking your symptoms for an illness to a list....

-Practicing emotions on Saturday Morning and this happens.
Ava: I am going to practice doing what people do when they like each other. -gets down on one knee- Orophin, Can I slit your throat- I mean, Will you marry me?
Orophin: Yes.
Ava: ....What? To which part?
Orophin: Yes.
Ava: ......
Orophin: .....

-Then deciding that they couldn't use the word marriage because it implies feeling love. So going my some weird combination of the words "bonded" "banded" and "Trial Companionship"

-Jed Shack Time. All that needs to be said.

- Talks with Brother Aldric and Sister Danae. The fact that both of you sat and listened to Ava go "I'm a lost cause give up" and then didn't just walk away was surprising. Even after Ava went all super brood and evil on you guys.

-Ava is convinced she should watch blood tide because according to what she knows, "It can't do anything to me that I don't already deal with."

-Saturday Night Lesson with Dr. Demontfort for fear....which accidentally led to Ava killing him. This exchange goes like this:

-He runs outside after succumbing to a fear-
Ava: Get back in here you pathetic excuse for a chaos warrior
-shuffling from outside stops and sudden shuffling happens and he comes in and starts attacking Ava-
Ava: Now now, if you're going to attack me be serious about it.
-He starts hitting a great deal harder. Ava chops him in half-
Vincent: You know he's the only one here who could fix what you did to him.
Ava:....
Vincent:.....
Ava:....
Ava: Jack can you come out here I made an oopsie.

-Orohpin for the rescue and Littany of Dooming him before he could die. All the shenanigans that came from that. Matt I am impressed by your singing and dancing skill.

-Sunday morning NPC shift. Candle stick Bandit....stealing the unicorn statue and selling it back to the town....

-Walks and Talks with some people. Coming back With Orophin as a skeleton after being Littanied. Being rezed right before lay off. A sudden Zelretch hug when he saw me emerge from the phocus.

This event was excellent! AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BALL. THEN FOR THE EVENT AFTER! I hope everyone had an awesome time and I can't wait to continue!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
06 Oct 2014 11:18 #6 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Really Amazing Event.

Midnight mass was excellent. Thank you so much for everyone coming to this. Its such a warm and wonderful community. I'm really happy that so many clergy spoke as well. Special nod to Mother Ellie (sp?) for the Valosian Altar. It is so beautiful.

Inverted Tower delve. I always heard about how harsh the lower levels were, and nobody lied at all. Its twisted down there. I'm really happy that my buff based build worked out so well down there. Fighting a mirror of myself was kinda funny, as I have so very few offensive abilities.

Very little sleep before hooking the Abyssal Spear mod. Got to get in some REALLY good RP with Grim/Bill before the NPCs showed up. I'm always so glad he chose to come in as my brother, and this moment just really drove that home. The mod was super excellent as well. Zippeto wrote and ran something truly brilliant. All the NPCs, both teachers and children were great. Trying to defend the children and trying not to let them see the fight agains the adults was hard. Getting into a huge screaming match with Michaela about who was truly responsible for the children getting hurt was awesome. Also a special nod to truly crazy Jen F and to Sarah Brand for "Sir Lancelot Bearfurious".

Goose. Oh Goose. Thank you for giving me the most right out of a TV show/movie moment I've ever had. If anyone has ever though the whole "talking about someone while they are right behind you and you don't notice" thing was bs... it happens. Labelle startled me so badly it took me a second to get back into Caldor and not accidentally respond as Jason. Jason wanted to bluster and appologize, but Caldor... not so much. THis scene led to a wonderful conversation that may have actually changed Caldor's stance on something.

The Wedding. I was so sad that Typhon couldn't do the ceremony, and so nervous about taking his place. Having said that, I felt truly honored to be trusted with such an important job.

I adored the mini-main mods. I have great respect as a game runner for the ability to write so many individualized stories and mods. I hope things like that are done again.

Kaladonia's team is really good at working together. I'm so proud of everyone and was so happy to be working with them. I look forward to this becoming more and more effective and coheasive as a unit.

Sad I had to miss feast.

Extreme props to Steve and James for being able to pick up the pieces and run with a mod that suffered OOG logistical organization problems due to OOG player issues. Much respect to you for working with us.

Evening story time with Steve and James was amazing. I experienced not just one but two of the greatest visual imagries I've had described to me at KR during this mod. I also loved the group that went. It was a vital excursion, and all of Travance was represented in some way. All lands, the church, the mages guild, the rogues guild, and the druids grove were represented. I won't spoil what this mod was about, as people learning about it IG has been so much fun.

Larry - you are a brilliant man, and that little scene with you me and bill was great.

Typhon/Dave's Druid rituals are really cool and well thought out. It was a real pleasure to be a part of this one, and even more a pleasure to be able to assist with it.

AS always I adore giving and receiving lessons. Great lessons from Gilthu and Rudy, and had the joy of teaching Flora one of my favorite lessons.

Jason M - I'm so sorry if my RP caused you OOG stress. I hope it didn't, as you know Caldor has much respect for your character.

Great event. So very sad I can't make November. Look forward to seeing people at the ball.

Main mass was interesting.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Croínamara (Jen), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
06 Oct 2014 11:49 #7 by Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor)
Replied by Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Great fun this event!

First, having the normal predictability shaken up with a different schedule and tailored main mods was AWESOME! I know it was a pain to coordinate, so thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen!
I know it can't be done every event, and that's fine. I do look forward to more events in the future that break the mold, though. It keeps things unpredictable and exciting.

Second, this was my first month of Monster Marshal training shifts. THANK YOU to all the marshals and NPCs who made this so much fun! I had a great time, and can't wait to do it again. It gives me a chance to interact with a lot of players I don't normally get to see during the course of an event. Also, it's great fun for me to send out an encounter, then see a group of NPCs return excited and telling stories about their shift.

Alisandrian main mod Saturday afternoon- Tycho was actually really useful in a fight! WOO!

Finally- Ginny & The Goblins Travance Tour 1214!!
I look forward to a return engagement.

Tycho Montresor
Viceroy of Alisandria

OOG: Cameron S.
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
06 Oct 2014 13:57 #8 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
In no particular order:
-Simultaneous Body Block
-Ilana v Ilana, round 1, FIGHT!
-Master Warrior lessons. Intimidate without the skill.
-Magic everywhere. Magic in my hair. Magic in my beard.
-Psionic delivery system
-Lots of smithing
-Tsoli one-shotting himself

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Tsoli (Tsoli), Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
06 Oct 2014 14:38 - 08 Oct 2014 12:47 #9 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
-Dennis wanting to get more 'involved' "Hey, we need someone to wield Bloodtide" "What?"

Also Dennis, the Black Sheep of the Brand family (because he's the only one who doesn't cause a headache)

-Ilana can kill herself in two hits unless everyone takes her spell packets first D:

"Ilana, why do you have Kaladonia's mark?" She's been having trouble talking about it the past couple of months and I decided to make her flustered about it. I was amused at least.

-Guarding Bloodtide's various owners. Did not expect the Count to be a problem >.>

-Resentment. Ilana's not felt that in awhile.

-The rescued Morlen!? Need more Suppress Magic I guess. (Shame I can't help) Also, great RP from Mark

-Really mad at a Dwarf King

-Did we miss the thief by ten seconds? We were so fast, the ST had to chase us down. Caught the tailend of Balfurous. Kind of wished I was closer so I could give him a piece of my mind.

-I'm not sure why, but Palinthorn basically saying 'no' made me really happy. God dragon, best dragon.

-Icarus Box is tons of fun :D

-Chaos Warriors (Looking at you Chris/George)

-Hear our call world! So many PMs and letters to write!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 08 Oct 2014 12:47 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
06 Oct 2014 15:15 #10 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
This was fun. Because of reasons. Reasons starting with T. T-reasons. DAMMIT ELIAS. :p Also, the rapidity with which the situation escalated has given me encouragement that people actually read the Chronicle ;-)

Gideon & Kleidin's wedding. I almost teared up at "By nature's will".

Gates! The technobabble is strong with Matt C. Seriously, dude, it's kind of scary and impressive at the same time :) I am insanely happy to be a part of this.

Inventing 3-dimensional paperwork with Amizar. Having him come to Lois later saying "So I think we need a list that..." and then having Lois open to a page in her notebook with everything Amizar was about to suggest. I ran out of ink in my pen twice this weekend. Also, teaching Amizar his first mage spell - the same one Lois learned as her first spell.

WE FINALLY HUNG THE CHANDELIER IN THE LONDWYN TENT! Clicky clicky LIGHT!

Druidic tradition lesson with Gideon & special guest Typhon :3

Lois hit a thing with Bloodtide :-D I wish my actual RL body wasn't so broken right now - I would have loved to run around outside and fight some things. Lois ended up passing it off pretty quickly because I realized I really couldn't handle it OOG right then - but not before giving it a stern talking-to :p

The format of the event was fantastic. I loved having all these little side mods. I actually felt like I would be useful on the one for the Barony, instead of turning into target practice for NPCs as happens in most large battles. I know format shake-ups are a once-in-a-while thing, and I understand why, but hopefully Kirsten's change-up will inspire more of these kinds of things every so often.

Marked. Due to logistical oversights (I checked in kind of late and didn't know about the mark, so didn't get one, and then I was next LM on shift and still didn't know what was going on, and then there was a mess with Staples early Saturday), Lois didn't get marked until sometime late Saturday afternoon. This was oddly appropriate and mirrored her life in Travance: set apart at first, then confused and not attaching herself to anything, then finally choosing to serve the Barony.

Lois surprised me and actually missed Goggins. I was expecting her to not really care, but by Sunday she was stomping around ranting about how she wished he was there.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Belegchand (mcalo), JTinney (Swordsaint), Goggs (coryan), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
06 Oct 2014 15:17 #11 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
My thoughts on the October event:
With regards to the modified format- damn it went well. I think it was one of the smoothest I’ve experienced in the year I’ve been here and there was been some good ones. I’d love to see this experiment happen again as, as it was pointed out- it got more than the normal folks involved and EVERYONE had some sort of role in the groups- and there was backup available from other factions not engaged.
Awesome stuff…. And I honestly cannot wait to see what comes next. Mad props to Kirsten and all those who cooked this event up.

As to the rest of the weekend…

Pregame talk- Birgitta’s “Brawl Lesson”. For those who saw her and the make-up “shiner”, this was something we talked about doing and thought her coming into game with it being a neat thing to see who noticed.

The level of grief I got from some folks over the shiner was funny as hell. And one of those who yelled at me (Angeliana) was a predicted person to have issue…

Friday night- NPC shift
First time I’ve done first shift NPC and the role given with a small group of roughnecks…. Was hilarious. I hope those we popped on our run around travance learned not to travel alone… No deaths but at least one person was left in a very vulnerable way. *grin*

Early sat- in character as Duncan just arriving… and immediately getting involved in some fighting and the latest madness befalling Travance. Really starting to think the PC should drink more….
Saturday Guard Meeting- The reading of the laws to the New members of the Guard and what is expected of Us. Then seeing that one specific point was rammed home to an Officer who forgot his duty… by the wisest and Eldest of those on the Guard. I am thinking it’s a mistake that won’t be repeated.

As is typical, a call for help breaks up the meeting of the Guard…. And from its resolution, patrols get run.

More fighting, more patrols and no little diplomacy.

The arresting of a friend for supposed treasonous writings… Seeing him acquitted at Great Council then hearing he was executed anyway due to machinations from elsewhere. Depressing and maddening… Don't we have more important things to do?

New Player mod…
So a Nyad Fire Mage and a Celt Ranger/Cav attempt to rescue a Dragoon who was a kidnap victim then get captured themselves… being beaten, tortured and made into experiments. Then trapped for the New Players to find a way around.... Some very intense RP between the victims themselves and the victims to their rescuers. Yay(?) for the derangements/insanities from this…

Then a few hours later, explaining to the cause of the kidnapping what he caused. Good RP there
RPing the issues stemming from the kidnapping… well, it does prove some folks pay attention.

Baronial Group’s Main Mod (aka How to Kill a Squid-face without being able to hit him.) was an interesting thing… Finding the aforementioned squid-face on the road to Kaladonia and telling those we passed on the way to intercept the Illithid to be wary if we fail…

Learning some of the folks in his merry band were possessed/controlled towns-members (including Sir Victor!!) sucked but we managed to win out our fight- not an easy thing, lemme tell you. I, as well as a few others, wished we could have fought in a wider location with some room to maneuver. Ah well…

Saturday night talk with Lorelai and some of the things that happened during it- concerns raised to others over them…. And RP will happen as a result of it, I am sure.

Early AM Sunday cabin raid- Between the Skunk that got into the Armory and our having to leave the door open to let him find his way out…. To the attack by Undead on the armory as a result and everything that transpired there- it was a screwed up encounter. Learning the Greater Undead Kensai wanted an Honor Duel to resolve things….

Had I figured it out, I’d have done it. Being grouchy over the wakeup and the IC issue I was RPing… yeah. Would have been a fight to watch

Sunday Morning….
Teaching, fighting and wondering what some people are thinking when they choose who babysits Bloodtide. Duncan is really beginning to think some sort madness has befallen some very smart people he respects within Travance. This both saddens and scares him…

All in all.... an excellent event and I so look forward to Samhain...

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Onca (Lorelai), Angeliana (Angeliana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Tobias (Tobias)
  • AmovBC
  • Thank Yous: 7
06 Oct 2014 15:34 #12 by AmovBC (amovingtarget)
Replied by AmovBC (amovingtarget) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
I loved the new tower mod. It allowed us to actually use our skills to try to avoid the traps or negate their effects. Not everyone could detect or disable traps, so the players that would otherwise be stuck behind a battle line while the fighters killed the enemies actually had a use. They could help deal with the traps, or had to fight the few enemies that were there because the heavy hitters were often hurt by traps. It led to a lot of interesting situations (groups getting separated, having to improvise walking routes, etc.) so it enhanced RP a LOT in my opinion.

Also, getting knocked out in the woods by Hadle and having my stuff stolen....you better watch your back Hadle >:( I'll find out it was you eventually... :evil:

Learning trade with Valentine and a bunch of other skills as well.

Also traveling to the bloody stump in the dark of night to...have a talk...

All n' all, it was an awesome event, and I'm looking forward to the ball! :D I hope to see your all there!

-Amov

OOG - Ben C.

“True courage is not fighting without fear, but in spite of it.”
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
06 Oct 2014 15:59 - 06 Oct 2014 20:27 #13 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
First of all, a special thanks to Sean, Christine, Marcella, David, and Onca for all your help when I peppered and pestered you with questions on Friday night! I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Even if you weren't wielding Bloodtide yourself, it may still have had an effect on you. As for me, I headed down to the Monastery almost as soon as lay-on happened. It was there that I spoke with Brother Aldric and after fumbling over a question that confounded me for some time, concluded my lesson. Dave, I loved the roleplay and definitely need to interact with Aldric more often.

Surprising both Angeliana and Mother Remi with the news, was terrific. I would like to thank them for guiding me toward the right answer to that question.

Silliness! There was a minor medical incident late Saturday night. Swyft and I retrieved the rickshaw, but never ended up using it. Later on, Swyft came up with a rhyme. "Travance, where we take hearts and cats pull our carts!"

Saturday night found me in the Dragon's Claw with Verrill and Daniel at the bar making non-stop puns about their mirror selves, some of which I cannot repeat here. One of Daniel's was, "I was beside myself with anger."

The rest of my Friday night was spent in the Bloody Stump, and I have a handful of witnesses that I had quite a bit to drink. Nothing was broken, I can assure you. But Sindarion and I goofed around while also having a heart-to-heart. Then Morwenne showed up briefly and said I may have a drinking problem -- I hadn't been drinking enough! From there, Sindarion and I proceeded to Sanura's tent. I enjoyed our conversations there.

Saturday night, I arrive at the bar at the Dragon's Claw at just the right time for someone's bachelor party. The bachelor himself greeted me warmly, as did the rest of the guests. Galen, great job on the singing! Most of us ended up falling over each other and "sinking" into the floor.

The goblin band on Sunday afternoon! One of them playing what I think was an autoharp with a hunk of bread! So entertaining.

I'm not used to Sunday being full of drama, but then Sir Cypher started attacking people with Bloodtide and I went off with Cecilia to search for him.

Amizar always shows up at just the right time with a glint in his eye, and while I never know what he has planned, it's an adventure. Sorry, Nigel.

More fun in the Bloody Stump on Saturday night, albeit sober. Argyll, Tessa, Wylla, myself, and several others gathered inside, having a laugh. I sang an original song and surprised myself with how easily it came out. I was rather hesitant to begin.

Sunday afternoon, Jonas Kane emerged from the kitchen with arms full of bread and began to give it away to everyone he could find. Outside the Inn, Clytie mentioned to me that she now possessed a mastery of fire magic. I raised my piece of bread to her to celebrate, and we "clinked" with the bread. She said "Bread toast?" and I lost it. I was on the ground and overcome with laughter, while Clytie reveled in bringing me to my knees.

Teaching "Lyric of Inspiration" to Valentine on Sunday afternoon and learning more than I was teaching. Thanks again.

I may be missing a few things, but I thoroughly enjoyed this event.

Last edit: 06 Oct 2014 20:27 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Onca (Lorelai), Angeliana (Angeliana), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
06 Oct 2014 16:35 - 07 Oct 2014 00:18 #14 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
This weekend was just amazing! I really liked the new main mod format; the storytellers did a FANTASTIC job, and it's always the most fun for me when the puzzle pieces that we've been working on for the last year finally fall into place!
Friday:
-Debuting Matilda - although it was something of a slow start. Discussions about Witchhunting with Kleiden at the inn.
-Thalia's broken staff being a thorn in her side all weekend.
-Catching up with Lois, Tris, Illeryn, Mirwen, Nalick and the others.

-Bringing the five members of the Cult of Pesmerga back through the focus and the RP that continued between them, myself and Duncan and the Vice Captain of the guard at like 4 in the morning. I've been told that the look on my face when I realized WHO I was bringing back through the focus was amazing ;P

Saturday:
-Finding out that the cult members had been burned "by the church" and getting REALLY pissed.
(EDIT: Still a bit confused as to whether they died once or twice... I was told twice but maybe it was once? Either way. Crisis of faith!)

-Finding out about the children at the orphanage.

-One-on-One RP with Lawrence, discussions of Healing, and lessons.

-Main Mass: Speaking about the children on behalf of a friend. Thalia having a crisis of faith in the middle of mass.Labell preaching forgiveness in the face of what happened to the cultists. I can honestly say that I was not expecting to start crying in the middle of Mass...

-Druid mod, which lead to accidently stealing Typhon away from Gideon and Kleiden's wedding. Drawing druidic circles in the grass with a borrowed sword.

-Lorelai kicking Thalia out of the kitchen and lovingly threatening her if she didn't sit down and eat for once. (Love you Onca!)
-The scene between Thalia and Illyrin on the steps of the Inn post-Feast. Still bummed that I'm not going to be in attendance at the ball.

-Pulling Lydias through the focus. Thalia now has a new record at 6 people in one weekend. She really doesn't want to increase that record.

-Saturday night bar/kitchen shift being interrupted by Daniel, Ilana and a few others rushing in and asking where the Unicorn was. I'll admit it took me a few moments and two iterations of them telling me what they were looking for before I realized what it was and ran to get it. Because we'd moved it earlier and I wasn't sure if it had gotten moved. Which lead to the realization that Valdan had hidden the stone in Travance without telling anyone and Thalia being flown out of the Proper (thanks Bat!) to go get answers!
Also led to Abby being white head-banded the rest of the night :) Needless to say she understands why he did it but the cursing she did after finding out was TOTALLY justified >.<

Sunday:
-Matilda and Archibald FINALLY finding one another
-Matilda being asked to take over the orphanage where those children were being held. This should be fun! :P Which reminds me... I need to go write a missive!

May be getting to the next game late Friday, but I will be there! :) Have fun at the ball everybody!

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 00:18 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
06 Oct 2014 16:50 - 09 Oct 2014 23:41 #15 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
This event was so enjoyable and a lot of players had fun through out the entire weekend! Thank you so much for an amazing time at KR, Kirsten!

Highlights:

-Lessons with Tobias (the physician, not the smith :P) and the theoretical conversations that pursued. That must have been by far, my favorite role-play as my PC all weekend!

-Heroic Brutes - The Fighting Pit! How to describe it? Hardcore, Fun, Epic, Entertaining, Brutal, Timeless, Rushing...the list keeps going on.

-The Cultist Orphanage Mod. It was so enjoyable to be able to challenge the morality of the PCs during this module. The NPCs had a fun time coming up with our characters and getting into the elementary classroom RP before the mod started. Thanks, Chris, for being a twisted person and writing great mods!

-Meeting up with an old friend...or enemy. Let's go with frenemy.

-Experimental Sorcery! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of the behind the scenes aspect of that. Christine, Bill, James, you are all very inspiring. Thank you for rolling with the punches!

-Fooling around with spells and powers on sunday when no real threat was eminent. Thank you to everyone who put up with my mind attacks and the character's difficult personality.

(OOG) Teresa Amore
Last edit: 09 Oct 2014 23:41 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Tobias (Tobias)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
06 Oct 2014 17:15 - 06 Oct 2014 17:17 #16 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Playing a orphan with my freakish long arms :p the rp before the pcs even got there.

Edmund distracting Gin Ginny then throwing my dead orphan body against a wall.

Finding myself spending more time or keep running into certain members of Alisandria to the extent of actually starting to get comfortable around them....nice change

Rp and crazy talk with Rudy...hey im the first mage barbarian :p

Kiellor

The odd and somewhat dirty mages guild meeting was both hilarious and different

Finding out ig that someone tari taught betrayed her, having to manage that anger (done poorly) with being a responsible leader. He almost saved himself but in the end, tari had to execute him. Lots of oog guilt

Thank you to both Danni and Dustin for really listening to me and taking care of me when I was so upset.

Seriously having Winterdark and really Sir Pluvious come through for me. That whole night, and all we did was amazing. I had so much fun, loved you guys and really having a whole new respect for you guys.

Getting so caught up in the moment, not realizing till later and much embarrassment that i stripped off my skirt in front of two of the most regal nobles I know.

Sunday..oh Sunday loosing all faith in Kaledonia and really thinking maybe its time to go...once again Anhil making sense and once again him being the only reason tari is waiting to leave to see if things improve.

Jason im so sorry I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I still really love you and your pc, just hard when you begin to see chinks in the armor you weren't expecting.

Karkats shenanigans

Getting to know both Merikh and Terzai a bit better

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
Last edit: 06 Oct 2014 17:17 by Aria (Aria).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
06 Oct 2014 17:26 - 06 Oct 2014 17:27 #17 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
  • Billiam: "Hold this..." *hands off a wooden beam* "...no reason."
  • Despite all the mishaps in the fight with myself, it was still pretty cool to say that in a fight between me and myself we both won.
  • An unexpected situation that caused several insanities to trigger at once all leading to a long conversation in the rain (which was good) leading to me currently being sick because I stood out in the cold rain for too long (bittersweet, but still awesome overall)
  • Litany #1, look at all these bodies... boy Torc is cleaning house... maybe I should stop him...
  • As usual, good times in the shack.
  • Having a shift that I didn't have to run alone as both marshals, even though the rain kinda ruined my plans.
  • The unexpected union, and watching the looks of horror it's causing.
  • Lintany #2, well if he's going to die... he may as well die cleanly. / Also Oh look, bandits! Time to play pokemon.
  • Courage lesson with Renée, twas a fantastic RP scene
  • Litany #3, perhaps in death you will finally learn...

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 06 Oct 2014 17:27 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Tyros (Tyros), Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
06 Oct 2014 17:29 #18 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
1) run awesome bar
2) break bone in hand (confirmed via x-rays)
3) ?????
4) Profit

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Goggs (coryan), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
06 Oct 2014 18:14 #19 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
The emotional rollercoaster that was this event! <3

Playing Vernax VonUelrog was a grand time.

The deeply personal conversations I had with Arabeth, Tari, and Gideon. So much crying.

Getting to use just about all my Heroic skills this game with great success!

Inverted Tower Mod: How does a nerd beat another nerd? You grab yourself and beat that nerd down. The downside to subdues with no strengths when fighting yourself. <3

Wielding Bloodtide. I threw myself into this as hard as I could. I hope you guys enjoyed, I certainly did. Special thank you to May, Jason, and Larry!

Taking Gideons advice and his reaction when he realized it led to all the carnage on Sunday.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Wil Ravenly
  • Have wings, Will fly.
  • Thank Yous: 37
06 Oct 2014 19:00 - 06 Oct 2014 19:00 #20 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
Replied by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Oh goshes, I get to post one of these now! Yay! There's way too much I enjoyed to be able to list everything, but here goes:

• The format of the entire weekend was amazing. While I'm new to Knight Realms, the LARP I'd previously attended always stuck to the same format, and so getting to experience something new was a real treat.

• I really enjoyed the new player introduction. Between the welcome packet and its contents, the missive to explore the Inverted Tower, and our new player walkabout, it was both helpful and immediately immersive. Little things, sure, but they totally make a difference. Now I just need to make sure I take an NPC shift that lets me go on the new player mods next event! I need to see what's in that tower!

• Edwin has become my grandpa.

• Food. Kitchen staff, I love you. Thank you for all of your hard work! Waking up the smell of bacon and pancakes on Saturday morning was divine.

• Learning how to play Poker for the first time in my actual life during Market Faire.

• My facepalm-worthy introduction to Jonas Kane.

• Belegchand's triple-lesson; ripe with floating Celts!

• NPC shift and our Cavalier shield-wall during the Alisandria attack. That was one of the best encounter-based mods I've NPCed, with how well everyone tried to work together as a long-standing unit.

• Adventure Time in the woods on Sunday morning!

• Sir Anhil kept assaulting me with bread. .__. It was so delicious and yet so improper.

• The OOC herbalism and foraging talks with Diane have totally helped me out IRL.

• Everyone I met in character. Thank you for the great roleplay, and for letting me stammer and shuffle awkwardly at you! There' were so many of you that I was able to gain first interactions with, and I hope to speak with you all again soon!

• And, of course, finally being able to attend! I sincerely want to thank the New-Player Marshals, Storytellers, James, staff as a whole, and everyone I was able to meet and speak with over the course of the weekend, be it in or out of character. I felt so welcomed by this great big family of a LARP, and I can't wait to be able to come back and continue forging amazing stories with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this experience.

Wilhelmina Elizabeth Ravenly

“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”

― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

OOG - Bethany O.
Last edit: 06 Oct 2014 19:00 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Sister Danae (Danae), Belegchand (mcalo), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
06 Oct 2014 19:45 - 06 Oct 2014 19:58 #21 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
In no particular order;

-Finally being given something to be IC conflicted about.
-Final MW lesson. I haven't run like that since high school. The worth-it after sore. Shouts to Sirs Gideon and Anhil, Lorelai, Keavy, Oren, Sigfreid, Grimkjell, Shee, and a few other names I should know by now...
-Just too late to discover a nickname... :lol: Orangie is tough as %&#$.
-Team pretzel pre-mod shenanigans; thankfulness of not taking the short route to the kitchen...
-A last minute miracle feast. Being glad certain shenanigans were witnessed while out of game.
-Immaculate (except for that web) team pretzel mod.
-Highest attendance light mass I've ever seen.
-Saturday night giggle fest in the inn with Shee, then later at the stump with Argyll, Nalick, Dr. Demontfort, Wylla, Swyft, and a couple others I'm embarrassed to not know the names of...
-Chat with Jun, and a rare occasion to show Imrahil isn't serious all the time.
-My first trap keeping safe the inhabitants of the Briny Drake!
-Discovering trip is apparently my signature lesson. Felt totally natural. I hope it felt as good from the students perspective.
-Cloak of the green lesson from Kleiden (and an OOG one from Namit.) Both nailing it. Both bringing to light the same part I would have overlooked.
-Sir Pluvious ninja-ing a couple invisibility potions at Aldric and I's feet just in time.
-Guard meeting's usual "I hear the din of battle" conclusion.
-First ever Saturday 6p to Sunday 6a no tags used.
-Some planning with Dr. Tobias, Sir Pluvious, and Riva (Sorry, I'm not sure which of your characters I was talking with...) on an apparently politically unpopular thing. Gonna be so worth it though! :)

And last, but certainly not least, the folks! You guys make me want to continue to drive 5 hours and get a similar amount of sleep over three days each month!

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
Last edit: 06 Oct 2014 19:58 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Onca (Lorelai), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
06 Oct 2014 20:32 #22 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Friday night Midnight mass was awesome and beautiful! So many people showed up and spoke! It was great RP! I really love that altar space and I am glad the rain held off untill we were done.

Saturday, market faire was good. I got to make some potions, chat with people and just have fun. Then I got pulled over to the monestary where Labelle greeted me and invited me to run the Light mass. Went back and finished up Market Faire and made some $$ so I could give some money away to folks. I love doing that. Got to chat with Nigel and Meander for a few moments, two of my favorite alchemists.

Light Mass . . . wow! I had not planned on getting emotional but that is where the moment took me. Awesome RP all around. Thalia had me in tears, too. So glad she took my advice and spoke from the heart. More awesome RP!

Then I had some great conversations with Caldor, Birgitta, Albert and a few others. The grief that people expressed over the children was just moving.

Being asked to give the benediction at feast was good. I kept it short and sweet. Feast was delicious!!! I could have eaten a lot more; but I'm glad I didn't. The knightings were great too! Well deserved!

Sunday morning . . . yelling at Duncan who called ME stubborn . . pot - kettle! Getting a lesson from Sir Rudolf, so much squee! Hugs all around!

Thanks to all the staff, marshals, ST's, MM's, LM's, Kirsten and James for making this an interesting and fun event. I really appreciate all the hard work!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
06 Oct 2014 21:49 #23 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights

Maralas wrote: Sunday morning . . . yelling at Duncan who called ME stubborn . . pot - kettle!

But you are stubborn. far more stubborn than I.

And that is sayin' alot. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
06 Oct 2014 21:53 #24 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
A fantastic event for Belegchand as far as getting stuff done. In chronological order:

1. Being told almost immediately to figure out the symbols. Managing to successfully do so with Edwin and Mordra almost immediately thereafter.

2. Inverted Tower Mod and the return of King's Defender. My left shoulder is actually seriously hurting because I haven't used a shield in forever. Getting to fight Steve as Mirror Belegchand was enjoyable and definitely a challenge.

3. Long discussions regarding the last few events with Croi and Sindarion, including a lot of emotion from all parties involved.

4. Triple-lesson!

5. Being asked to attend the Council meeting because I would be useful to have there. Felt exceptionally honored by that.

6. (NPC) Out as the Vekrim Shai, and getting into a screaming match with Arden. Gina, that was an exceptionally fun thing to RP out.

7. Getting to do an announcement at the start of Feast is definitely fun.

8. Chronicler Mass. I hope anyone who attends feels like they learned something new about the main plot.

9. Getting to RP handing out baubles of intercept. I hope everyone liked the flavor of the Elbowguard to help enhance the reflexes.

10. Feeling useful on the Drow Main Mod, getting to clear one of the tunnels with a Quiet Contemplation.

11. Post-Main Mod discussions with Keillor. Drew, that was absolutely fantastic.

12. Balfurous showing up. The portal opened, I saw an imposing blue shape, and immediately dropped all of my possessions and ran towards it mostly knowing what it likely was. Getting forced back towards the building only to be frozen mid-pathway.

13. Immediately portaling out to Hero's Rest, and feeling exceptionally useful once there.

14. Oh man, helping to work on the Gates of Passage was SO MUCH FUN. I loved finally being able to role-play using Master Archeology.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful RP, and I cannot wait to see you all at the ball.

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
06 Oct 2014 22:13 - 11 Oct 2014 12:37 #25 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
I had a tremendous amount of fun, as always! 3rd event!

-Ketryn getting up to general shenanigans as per usual
-Electing for some pretty gruesome surgery, then suffering the consequences. RPing the insanities I rolled was a total blast! Godric, Cyndra and Uhtred did a great job of reassuring me that the world would not actually end if we didn't get the fire lit immediately. (Wow, it was cold though. Sure felt like the world would end!)
-Walking into trees and people and rocks and shooting arrows every which way (including at friends) while my eyes were still healing
-The mini-mainmod attack on Alisandria was a total blast and it was really fun to face that impressive wall of shields and fighters! We work wonderfully together as a fantastic team and I was so impressed with how well everyone fought. The NPCs did an amazing job!
-Making some coin at maket faire with those ink drawings. It was fun to sell things even if it was raining and the ink was running. Cajoling PCs into checking out wares is always satisfying.
-Fell down a flight of stairs this event but landed on my feet and was totally fine. Whoops. Yay? Time to open Acrobat list?
-Being repeatedly asked if I'd also suffered a hyperactivity insanity but nope, that's just my OOG self
-A huge thankyou to Edmund and his student for choosing to teach armorcrafting by crafting me some armor. It's fabulous!
-Massive thanks to everyone who tolerated me being a mischievous little snot! I can't wait for the next event! I appreciate all of the hard work that went into this fantastic game!

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2014 12:37 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
06 Oct 2014 22:21 #26 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
CRYING WITH SINDARION AND BELEGCHAND BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD TELL CROI THAT MIXOLYDIA WAS GONE AND IT WAS HEARTBREAKING AND EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL AND NOTHING HURT.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damien (Damien), Belegchand (mcalo), Narcis (ChrisR), Sindarion (Steven SA), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
06 Oct 2014 23:28 #27 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Ox came out this event to play and that gave me the excuse to go on a mod and nearly die! Yay! Nothing like lying on your back in the rain with 4 broken limbs hoping someone will come to get you. But thankfully I was saved... a couple of times.

Saturday Valentine arrived in Travance and proceeded to set up for Market Faire. Business was good, steady and the RP with the customers enjoyable as always. I especially enjoyed allowing Meander to peruse the scroll collection the Purple Thistle has built up as I have yet to find a suitable way to really display them and I think I like that technique. I'll have to do more of that in the future.

Gideon, as always your work is impeccable.

Teaching BOTH of my Trade skills!

Then I hung around for a while after just milling about the Inn having random conversations with anyone.

Feast was excellent! I nearly had thirds. Yummy! Thank you to the chefs!

Then it was time to hang out with the Alchemists in the Black Bird and get punch drunk of alchemical fumes. Meander, Nigel, Shan and Clytie ... we were all in stitches for a very long time. Teaching little lessons to Shan and so many bad jokes.

Bed -- woken up by frantic persons saying that Balfurious was coming to kill us all and we need to run.

Sunday morning lessons of all kinds, given and learned. You know who you are. But a special shout out to some excellent RP of lessons by others I saw. Sword fighting in one case and in another... a Mage teaching a Dragon to blow bubbles....

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
06 Oct 2014 23:36 #28 by Kliest Laederich (Kliest)
Replied by Kliest Laederich (Kliest) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Friday night NPC duty, including working in a brute squad sent out to get information, and maybe make a few coins from the odd lonely traveller on the road.

As an Ooze getting dissected: "Oh... oh no, is that a squirrel?" Seeing the PC process that before bursting out laughing.

Saturdays Guard Meeting, especially promotion and the entirety of the guard rushing off to reinforce a fight (again, as usual).

Getting to wear my full kit of armor was wonderful, the knitted chain shirt was perfect for the weather, and the cloak was perfect for keeping the warm in and the cold out.

Usual Guard duties resulting in the most embarrassing moment of my young guarding career, which was helping convince a confused berserk NPC that we're friends, and that I would put these friendship bracelets on him and take him to a safe place full of new friends. Of course he would break the manacles, bear hug me, throw me across the bar, then drag me to prison and put himself in.

Inverted Tower, all the traps. All of them. Argyl we need to work on your avoidance of them in the future.

Preperation for main mod at the barracks and being tasked to go get some reinforcements from the Monastery and Inn, which was accomplished by running to both places. Sorry if I surprised anyone bursting into the Inn like that.

The main mod fight was a hectic and confusing time, and an absolute blast.

Sunday morning lesson time.

Overall a great weekend for me. Got a lot done and learned a lot more as well. Hope to make the next one!

-Kliest Laederich,
Executive Officer, Blood Spirits
OOG: Charlie Emslie
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
07 Oct 2014 00:11 - 07 Oct 2014 01:00 #29 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
HEROIC BRUTE MOD. The Fop may be making return appearances. Ladies. Also gentlemen. he doesn't mind either way. Also, as an FYI, that entire character was basically me channeling Chris Zipeto.

After that it was time for High Level inverted tower, where grim got to kill mirrogrim by fighting hard instead of smart. Because grim does not fight smart. He is brutality unleashed. Zach knowing grim well enough to predict my first throw of a tag skill was incredible. Well done, well fought, and what a joy that was from a roleplaying and fightin perspective. Getting congratulated by a bunch of NPCs about how well I fought against them after the mod was over was pretty cool too, I give all the credit to the amazing sword Geoff Schaller sold me.

Waking up to roleplay with Caldor, getting clunked and dragged into an orphanage of heretical demon worshippers, hearing Chris Zipeto's bond villain speech was golden. Even better was managing to kill my torturer while fully chained up and bound and unable to strike.

Well done on Onca for being exceptionally creepy as a monstrous child.

The moral fallout of that mod will haunt grim for a while.

Guard meeting was interesting, grim doesn't even remember his mistake, but another thing for the Atoner to atone for. He recognizes his failing, and will correct it. "I'm trying to be a better man." Is his new catchphrase.

Frenzied prep to find Ragnarok as we found out the absence of a player had caused our plans to completely change, and 2 hours of roleplay and logistics to set up again. Well done, everyone who set that up.

Afternoon was awesome, primarily because I got to effectively second in command a force of NPCs led by John Higgins into alisandria to give them the first of the distributed main mod. I could tell they were loving it, and I asked around afterwards. I looove organized and entertaining combat and seeing your faces as we all wheeled right and drew swords as a unit was worth the price of admission.

Feast was good. I actually didn't hate potatoes for once. Well done. I was supremely happy to learn my final list from Knight Protector Silverbow over dinner, and to explain to him my reasons for doing so weren't practical ones but philosophical ones.

Chroniclerite mass was always great, grim appreciated tactical advice from Fira on fighting psions.

Realizing Duncan was messed up in the head, and having Dr. Tobias help him out.

Barony main mod was a wonderful crush fight, Arcing blow slaying a front line of npcs including one of the illithid was gloriously rewarding from a "hey I'm really quite badass" standpoint. Realizing that half of kaladonia and all of winterdark had been mind controlled also amused me, and then grim Berserked and stopped caring about anything except winning.

post main mod I had a wonderful talk with Kit as I escorted her to Alisandria, as she revealed a secret about herself, and she guessed what grim is hiding behind his stern mask. It was a wonderfully emotional moment, which was spoiled entirely by all of the Alisandrians showing up and joking around with us (I love you guys I'm not mad at all, it was great interacting with you)

Grim agreeing with Silas krone about something was great, and then it was back up the hill to the inn to find out Balfurious had just stolen the gem, and onyl later having found out that the Ratkin had finally found the goal, and regretting retrospectively his own dismissal of it for the duty of finding Ragnarok.

Watching Fira and Tobias converse and learn from each other as he taught her some things was fantastic. I could tell Teresa and Jason, both friends of ine, were having a great time and I was so proud of Jason. It's been a year now, bro, and people are really recognizing what a cool doctor you play.

The pain of telling poepl there were only 9 slots, and having to make decisions with Belegchand about who could and could not go. Grim loves his friends, and despises disappointing them.

Being shoved through a portal by the only elf who could persuade heargens to use a portal, Tsoli Silverbow. (He probably enjoyed it)

Ragnarok mod in its entirety. I can't talk much about it for IG and OOG reasons, but I will say everyoen involved was fantastic.

A late night fight (and loss) against an undead kensai, and watching Silverbow win once help had arrived. Arguments with Duncan.

Sunday was all lessons, all the time, gave a bunch

all of the roleplay with Aldorsons, including that wonderful master warrior lesson.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 01:00 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Tsoli (Tsoli), Onca (Lorelai), Belegchand (mcalo), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Tobias (Tobias)
  • Nadya
  • привет,как ты? Меня зовут Надя
  • Thank Yous: 19
07 Oct 2014 02:34 - 07 Oct 2014 02:35 #30 by Nadya (LGwilson08)
Replied by Nadya (LGwilson08) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
brute circle. 3 ogres in one place. priceless
my ogre buddy doorlick was thar with his burlap sack
orangie was tough as f***, iz rainin muhf****'s <3
pocket bread (just in case)
pocket spine (just in case)
pocket candle(just in case)
sharing at least 2 loaves of pocket bread.... you people are too trusting of what comes out of an ogres pocket...
inappropriate ogre times
shee is having a litter of oglet(s) with namit! <3
namit not killing shee on site when shee -with a lack of emotions-told namit of his drunken afternoon debauchery IN THE MONASTERY and instead hugged shee
alisandria taking in shee <3
new goblins oh watch this me gonna make them my b****
*farts* katies goblin npc- nooooo it smells like hoooome
ULTIMATE OGRE SHOWDOWN
bawdy bard circle
no you mine b**** DESPAIIIIIRRRR
you just wait. me gonna kick you ass. me getting me boots on *promptly kicks ass while princess utred sleeps*
spear and magic hellllmet -.- just nooooo
great event guys. i cant wait till the next jackass the LARP- ogre edition on halloween

"how did you end up here?"
"I will give you one word 'Tequila'
.... never again with the Tequila"
'Nadya'

Herro - Shee Krank't from the Blood Eye clan
OOG~Janice :)
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 02:35 by Nadya (LGwilson08).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.923 seconds