Oct 2014 - highlights

• 森時間
  • Thank Yous: 26
07 Oct 2014 05:34 - 07 Oct 2014 05:43 #31 by 森時間 (Socretez)
Replied by 森時間 (Socretez) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
  • Coming into Travance and being immediately greeted by an undead? swarm.
  • Meeting Burkhart and talking about reconciliation with Caldor
  • Attending mass at midnight and hearing clergy speak of quite interesting ideologies.
  • Met Jun and learned of the 'famed' Demon-Devil-Cleansing fighting 'stance'. I think we'll have a very interesting friendship.
  • Wandering into Kaladonia in the middle of the night, finding Anhil shivering, hands covered in blood and then talking about the different lands.
  • Joined the guard and had a crash course in local laws and regulations. Of which was interrupted by the sounds of distant fighting.
  • Guarding the market fair and receiving a sad, sad feather from one of the merchants.
  • Eating delicious sloppy joe's and hot dogs down by Drega'mire and listening to the dirty bard circle and appearing not to understand the puns.
  • Following Elune to the monastery and joining the Honor Guard protecting and hiding Bloodtide. Fantastic role-play from all involved and the mind-altering effects of the weapon, especially Jun, it was glorious.
  • The ensuing hide and seek 'game' with the Count.
  • Arden getting upset because the cake was a lie.
  • Listening to an incredibly racist anti-dark elf lecture
  • Declining Jun's offer for a blind date with my favorite dinner on his boat in a harbor.
  • Having a nice conversation with Illana and Sir Danny about dragoons, druids, and ancient dragoon weaponry. Great roleplay situation with Ilana swapping the languages spoken with my native Khitan tongue and listening to Sir Danny's awkward Kormyrian accent.
  • Going out with a bunch of peanuts and saving a Morlan. Watching the poor doctor trying to manacle the Morlan and realizing his folly and running away with haste.
  • Felling a large number of frost imps by myself in that battle.
  • Also being a literal pain on the emphatic healers.
  • Being entertained by the constant changing of Bloodtide owners, every time I looked away and looked back it was being wielded by someone new.
  • Getting roped into a ritual at the monastery holding hands with a gypsy and a barbarian and having magic sprinkled on me by a goblin. Talk about confusing and potentially traumatizing.
  • Learning how to be courageous by being intimidated by Billliamm and being reminded of my dedication to protect those who can't protect themselves.
  • Killing a brave and unfortunate wolf who ventured into my tent looking for snack.
  • Asking Sergeant Duncan for martial training to which his response was, "DEFEND!"
  • Listening to a troupe of goblin 'musicians' playing 'music.'

森時間 おとなしい の保護者
Mori Jikan, Protector of the Meek
OOG: Brian Dennis
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 05:43 by 森時間 (Socretez).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Tobias (Tobias), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
07 Oct 2014 09:14 #32 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Two things I forgot, "Kiellor.... aren't you EXTRA dead?"

And long conversations with Morwenne about how all sorcerers are selfish. And strange conversations with Carlotta about how Carlos has given up predicting the future with cards, and she's taken over for him. Grim is excited about new readings, but terrified at what might have caused Carlos to stop.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriel Chance (Kiellor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
07 Oct 2014 09:27 - 07 Oct 2014 09:28 #33 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Friday night:

Lovely and largely attended mass lead by Caldor. Good times.

The “Thane” with the feathery shoulders... awesome garb, bro!

Inverted Tower Mod! The madness that ensued was unprecedented. Fighting our mirror images was all well and good but when Orophin and Ava died, the Greater Undead under his control went bananas and started just wrecking us. I made the mistake of healing Grim when he was berserking during all this, too, so then there was the fun of “kiting” Grim in a circle, confused as hell and dodging Greater Undead at the same time. Wheeee!!!

This, in conjunction with the regular mirror guardians wiped both Caldor and myself out of our respective healing sources. It was so intense, I truly thought we were going to get wiped out. It was absolutely exhausting just trying to stay alive! (The resulting prize though... much appreciated!)

Feeling devastated when not able to keep Ava and Orophin and Ava from dying and the sting of trying to apologize to them and it not being very well received at first... and entering the inn as what Atrus described as the “saddest wet cat he'd ever seen.”

Saturday:

Jed's shack was particularly raucous Saturday morning. Sassy Ava and Orophin doing sassy things!
Roach's prophecy on my ability to exit the scandalous venue came true...

Being told by Jed, smugly, when conversation had turned to the Blood Tide debacle:
“So tell me, Swyft, what are you going to do now that you're completely surrounded by darkness?”

“I guess I'll have to shine even more brightly, Jed.”

“... That was a good answer, I won't lie,” he grunted.

lol.

Playing Chess with Bolton... a horrifying parallel?

“See, you're doing it again. Using all those... feathery words.” - Aleister to Jed.

I'm glad that feast went over well! Mmmm, meat and taters! We really had to Iron Chef it back there toward the end... glad we didn't get it out too late! A big thank-you to everyone who helped us back there, it was no easy task. Thank-you Charlie and Diane for getting us stuff! Y'all are stellar!

Team Pretzel (also known as team Ostcar Mire (c) Clyden) lasted about three seconds between Aleister, Atrus, Belegchand and Orophin. Lol. But even if it was short lived, it was fun to be battle buddies with Lady Angelica! I even got some storytime with her on the way down to the caves. And I got to point out that Atrus was learning about teamwork when someone lost the contents of her pouch on the trail!

Later, bringing Dr. James Dumond through the Phokus after a lesson with Ava gone wrong. Good thing Aldric and Imrahil went with me to the Phokus because apparently there was a thing going on that made it dangerous to be there, lol.

Lectures from Aldric and Gwenyd about the dangers of what Angeliana and I are doing and trying to explain myself and the attempt at being a Good influence and trying to influence acts of Good and that it WAS working. Just... baby steps.

Fun times with Alissandria at the fire. Chuckling with Kit. Then stopping in for some laughs at the Bloody Stump after delivering a wake up device to Trent in Drega'Mire!

Giggle times with John, Janice and Brendan in our borrowed chef's room. (Thank-you, Luis!)

Orangie was tough as $(&@.

Sunday:

I have no idea where the time went. I swear I took like, no dilly dally time doing things and I still did not do half of what I meant to do Sunday. To those of you I meant to have a meaningful chat with, I'm sorry! I hope to make up for that next time!

Chatting with Silverbow, Edwin and Jonas, and Jonas helpfully agreeing with me on things he shouldn't have, but he meant well! <3

Ronin talk with with Silverbow, which lead into a wonderfully executed Courage lesson with him choosing Orophin his helper. That was rough! I did not appreciate having to do all that eye contact with you, Tim! lol Silverbow was a great coach, though. Thank-you, guys!

Healing lesson with Wylla! Excited for more of these.

I really had a wonderful time with my KR family. You guys really are amazing and you make every event unforgettable to me. I'm sure I missed important things and names, but know that I appreciate every interaction I have with you all! Thank-you!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 09:28 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Narcis (ChrisR), Goggs (coryan), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
  • Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
07 Oct 2014 11:08 - 09 Oct 2014 09:59 #34 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Replied by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
gosh where to start.

Friday night: Standing out on the porch watching all those creatures surround the inn. Noticing they had symbols like we did. Walking back to the tent to grab some layers to be surrounded by a group looking for bloodtide. Tried to run and got tripped. RP the trip a little too well and did mess up my leg a bit. They demanded to be taken to bloodtide so I started toward the inn hoping to find some help on the way. Success! A group stopped us and I ran into them to separate me from my captors. Once finding out about the connection between our symbols and those of the creatures I ran to the bar to let the bartender know to pass it on to the other patrons. Talking to the first person on my list about the gods. It was a good conversation with Merikh. Went out for an alchemy stick to find a couple people drunk off satyrs wine.
Fellow, "Why is that tree on fire?"
Wylla, "It's not."
Fellow, "Yes it is!"
Wylla, "Maybe it's magical fire, if it's not spreading?"
Fellow, "Might be. Maybe it's the rain."
Wylla, "Maybe the rain is some sort of alchemical liquid keeping it in place?"
Fellow, "Oh god...the rain is acid!"
Him and his friends run under the rood for shelter from the acid rain.
Wylla, "Well. I hope the fire doesn't spread since you all are stuck under there due to the acid ran. You wouldn't be able to escape. Night." Que them screaming as I walk away.
Tessa, "You have a sick sense of humor sister."
Wylla, "Oh, they aren't in any real pain, they'll be fine."

Friday night npc shift: I was an unsuccessful thief. Ended up being bound and taken to jail. Then being sent out as humanoid rats. Hit the inn first. Was funny to watch someone shooing one of us into a corner. Decided to hit the bloody stump next. They killed a few of us inside and outside. Then proceeded to roll our bodies out the door. Then not able to close the door due to all the bodies.

Saturday: Woke up for guard training. Then patrolling after that. Decided to go find the next person/s on my list. a trip to Alisandra to talk to Jed and Atrus. Walking in to find them and Swyft. She seemed worried to see me there. On our way back to the inn found a small group of people being attacked by trees. Then attacked again by another creature that I did not see. had to get Swyft because there were injuries beyond my abilities.

Saturday afternoon: went to mass at the monastery to find more people to talk about the gods. After mass watched Duncan and Argyll training together. Asked Duncan to teach me to use my staff properly. Sparred with Loony a little later for more practice. Tower mod. all the traps. Why could no one stay away from the traps. After one trap bound, bloodied and broke limbs of all but three of my group, i used up all my healing points since i was one of the three left. Feast after. Went back to the tent for a nap after feast.

Saturday night: Drinking at the inn. needed a quill. Argyll said he had a quill in his kilt. Que dirty response from Wylla. with surprise she shouted and pointed at Argyll and Loony, "I blame you! I didn't use to talk like that. You're rubbing off on me, I hang out with too many damn Celts!" Went to the bloody stump with Argyll, Tessa and Nalick. Getting warm around the fire, joined by Swyft, Imrahil and Lidius. Sharing stories and even got to hear Nalick sing. Was a good night all around.

Sunday: Woke up for breakfast. Chatted more with Nalick. Sparred with Arkelian for a bit. Got to see Pluvius for the first time since last feast. Little bit of drama going around centered around bloodtide. Healing training with Swyft! I was so looking forward to that! Can't wait to do it again.

All around great event. Sad I missed my main mod but I needed sleep more then anything at that point. Didn't get to talk to all those I wanted to, but will pick up where I left off next feast. Until then!

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
Last edit: 09 Oct 2014 09:59 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Oct 2014 13:46 - 07 Oct 2014 13:48 #35 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
First, my thanks to Renee and Brendan who pulled off a very fine feast.
Those who set up and served also did yeoman's work.

Also, Kirsten and crew did a remarkable job with their concept of main mod being broken into sections. There were some minor glitches, which is only to be expected and will serve to make things even better in the future.

Narrowly beating out Jonas Kane making pancakes on Saturday, my top highlight was Danielle/Keavy out-canining Melody, a real canine.

Teaching various lessons, my favorite being Spell Holding to Larry/Rudolf. Every time I teach something like that, I refine my concept as to how the casting works. I have evolved a "unified field" theory on all the disciplines and need to write my notes.

Research with Belgchand, Mordra, and Sarah. I have not interacted with Mordra much and was delighted with the repartee during our wide-ranging discussions. Also, gained a granddaughter.

Kt Protector Silverbow's desire for cake Friday night. The blueberry-raspberry crumb cake went quickly. After our Saturday night bit, the cranberry-raspberry loaf went fast as well.

At the end of Sunday Breakfast, after preparing a (for me) record number of meals (over 50) I realized we were running out of food. Took out the half remaining of a very berry pie which James, myself, Tori (via Steve) and a few others had a slice, and mentioned that I recall when people were outraged when I introduced the 10 gold pie, four years ago. Jonas opined that he thought that was very reasonable. Of course, he was eating a piece at the time.

Obviously,. food played a large part of my highlights.

After standing over a hot grill cooking for two hours, I made the last breakfast for myself, took some juice and a cup of coffee, and sat in the Inn to enjoy it. Enter the Goblin "band" along with Megan's Sylph. The cacaphony was grating. Asked the Goblins to please tone it down or play outside as I wanted to enjoy my breakfast. As they kept playing, added, loudly enough to be heard "If you keep it up I will turn you into statues and plead I was defending myself against an attack."

Verrill's execution was troubling and will lead to some IG drama.

Pendarvin and Its allies made a good showing against the Svart-Dwarves.

Pendarvin Saturday brunch.

Sunday morning someone wanted a Kaladonian smith to make something and asked me if I knew where he could find a Priest, Mage, and a Scholar. Told him he hit the trifecta.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 13:48 by geezer (geezer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Sister Danae (Danae), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
07 Oct 2014 14:31 - 07 Oct 2014 17:38 #36 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
~ Caldor and Maralas's midnight mass at Kaladonia. Showing up drunk, getting scolded by Aiden for being drunk at a mass when I briefly spoke but Caldor supporting it. Go barbarians! (New Valosian altar = pretty!)
~ Blessing and giving Maralas a gift long overdue. Receiving her smudging.
~ Nalick's news! WOOT! Made Angeliana so happy. Aldric did a fine job posing you that question, it had Angel mostly stumped.
~ All of the chats with Hazel, driving her nuts with how drunk I was.
~ Billiam's never ending support, as always, appreciated.
~ Shenanighans at the Blackbird.

~ Alchemists at Market Fair, you rock.
~ Corrupted Druid mod. Empathy does wonders for positive energy conservation! Wasn't going to let Typhon die. Then Sir Danny comes to King's guard the bad stuff away.
~ Chats with Swyft, Jed, Atrus, Oscar, Ava and Orophin. Love shack! :woohoo: I just had to say that.
~ RP with Sir Pluvious and Albert. WOW. <3 <3 <3
~ SIR RUDOLF VON KREUTZDORF... I am soooo screwed. Unkel is a noble? TACKLE HUG!
~ Unkel Rudolf deducing Angeliana's bad deal from her drunken ramblings and being supportive... WUT? Way to throw me for a loop Larry.
~ Chats with Tobias and Sir Maxwell then more with Tobias. You sir are a fantastic Doctor / Shrink.
~ Scolding Duncan for being dishonorable by punching a woman and giving her a bruise. :angry:
~ Supportive hug from Aldric post clergy roast, then supportive talks / hug from Godric. Super appreciated. Supportive kiss from Birgitta, supportive pep talks from Kleiden, Croi and Jun. Thank you all, I needed that.
~ Consoling a distraught Sir Victor. All of the mental buffs all around! (yay Flask of Efficiency!)
~ Making sure the count was far from bloodtide at all times. Also, staying away myself from the evil weapon.
~ Pendarvin cake! Thanks for sharing. Sir Slack wanting to turn my peanut into a doughnut haha.
~ Team peanut mod. Thanks Kirsten for making a mod boss who we didn't have to kill in the end. It took some Nigel brains, faith and Aldric, Tobias and Angeliana insisting we not kill but help the Morlon Commander. Mark, fantastic job with that role while Cooper kept you pinned. Returning with "Rick" the Morlon as my new best friend was my top highlight. Getting him hot water and sitting with him at the bar. Finding his friends and his gratitude made my entire weekend.

Emergency exit sucked but RL calls. Thank you KR family for all of the supportive hugs / words throughout the weekend. See you soon, take care! <3

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 17:38 by Angeliana (Angeliana). Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Maralas (adamdrew3), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Tobias (Tobias)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
07 Oct 2014 18:12 #37 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
In no particular order,

Chaos with JP
Ogre wrestling match from Chaotic Alteration
The awkward learning of Physician from Ilanna
Insanity: Apathy = NO RESPONISBILITIES
"Sir Cypher, how are you talking to me without looking at me, STOP CONFUSING ME!"
Orc wrestling match from Chaotic Alteration
Me:"Chaotic Alteration"
NPC: "MIND OF CHAOS!"
Me: "Chaotic Alteration! Give me more!"
More Insanities

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Tyros (Tyros), Kadin D (Katie D), Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
07 Oct 2014 18:34 #38 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Wow good times, thank you Kirsten.
1. Fighting my way to my bed one brawler and my duffel slung over my back, felt good to be home.

2. Talks with gin ginny in the bar, lead to billliamm's life laid out with very little for him to keep going.

3. Loves embrace. Very fun seeing kit and seeing where the relationship leads. Nice talk stroll through the woods.

4. Pendarvin based sass and cuddling for warmth, billliamm the constant flirt and title maker. The giggle puss is still my favorite or the humble.

5. Goblins and a sirens song. What a great mod leading goblins to take back there children from an evil orc.

6. Billliamm's legacy carrying around a plate from the inn in case of mobile interrogations. Then a mysterious lesson appears.

7. My voice is freaking powerful. Was the secret lesson of this weekend.

8. Brute heroic. Bill doesn't that foam beam hurt like hell.

9. Love/hate Orophin times. Always a blast.

10. Spending billliamm's gild on ludicrous things cause I can can can.

11. Being the voice of bloodtide.

12. 1 hour of make up for a 5 min cameo. Yea I told everyone I was leaving well worth it.

13. Special shout out to norm. I have so much fun with billliamm and ardin. The relationship between the 2 has grown so much. Proving billliamm never forgets a slight brought it back from game 1

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Lathiel (Lathiel), Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
07 Oct 2014 21:28 #39 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
What a weekend!

Friday:
-Mass at Kaledonia. Impressive turnout. There is hope for good to prevail! Many meaningful comments from the clergy present. Many rewards for the flock!
-Pendarvin cake mod. Made Edwin get the cake and we defeated it.
-Gwynedd became Pendarvin's newest vassal!
-Many conversations that will affect my future as well as others'.

Saturday:
-Big Announcement at the Statehouse: "Mirwen and I have an announcement to make..."Christine is such a good sport. Pendarvin has founded a 6th Settlement. What else could it have been?
-Continental Breakfast with the vassals.
-Perfume samples for the Barbarians and Dwarves.
-Wedding of the Year of Gideon and Kleidin. The Best Best Man too. Who says the Druids can't make the clouds and rain go away?
-Mage Guild bonding and hunting and meeting. Heavy is the head that wears the crown...Lots of innuendo too. Ardin almost blushed...almost.
-Very sad that I can't teach magic anymore, but wait, requests for Ronin instruction. It's always tough to let others know that Ardin has foibles and how he came to be a Ronin.
-Feast! I could eat shepherd's pie very often.
-Post-Feast get together in Pendarvin with Billiam, Danae, Lathiel and Tsoli. There was a stay on the besmirching law for an hour. Billiam is so darn funny. Haven't laughed so hard in weeks. Hmmm, Lion....
-Getting a strange concoction of plants and WHAT on my face??
-Pendarvin main mod: Decided to fight front and center. I really hate getting knocked back about 20 times.
-Post Main-Mod cake!
-Danae was approached to carry Bloodtide. I nodded assent and became her escort as she stalked the Proper looking for prey. I was shocked and appalled by the things she said to me. I think she even made fun of my Mother...She did admit that Ardin was her favorite Quinarian though. That's something!
-Goblin doing a sorcery ritual! Excuse me??
-Group needed a bard for something and Arden asked me. I thought she was looking at the bard behind me, but there wasn't anyone there, so I got to go. Thanks Dragons!
-Late, late night Kensai Battle!
-Meeting with Godric and others as we talked endless possibilities and theories to explain our predicament.

Sunday:
-Glee as we trekked to Kaledonia to return that weapon.
-Breakfast x2
-A line of three hooded figures walking down the hill toward Ostcliff. This can't be good.
-Courage Lesson with Swyft.
Me: "Can anyone here cause fear?"
Orophin: "I can."
Me: "Ugh."
This was a great lesson. I was scared too. Thanks Tim. A+ student. Would teach again.

Conclusion: I totally love the people of Pendarvin. So many personalities and characters. It's tough not to say anything that will offend. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Winterdark Ball in two weeks! Wait until you see!!

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Lathiel (Lathiel), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
07 Oct 2014 23:36 #40 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Replied by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
First of all the weather was amazing!

-no one showing up to my fishing contest... I guess I get to keep all the prizes :P (it will be rescheduled rest assured!)

-getting to see the (what im sure was half OOG smile :) on Gideons face post wedding and dark druid fight!

-reconnecting with Typhon

-land mods were really fun and gave more lore and insight into each group, it was fun and cool for me as a player who is still learning the lands stories.

-horrifying Sindarion by playing my instrument with a chunk of bread

-being a DIFFERENT goblin and mugging people on the road heh

really being the singing, dancing, bread/string playing goblin with bread tucked in my belt was the highlight, even if I was slain at least twice :P

OOG: Taylor Fischer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Goggs (coryan), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
08 Oct 2014 10:27 - 08 Oct 2014 10:28 #41 by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra)
Replied by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
I had a really great event this time and most of that fun was spent as an NPC. I have almost always done Main Mod. “What do you want me to do as Mordra? Read the bad guy a poem?” This main mod was exhausting, as all of them are, but quick changing into many radically different characters was great.

I was a Greater Undead Black Dragoon and while I didn’t have many attacks I had plenty of leaps and used all of them. It was great to see the looks on people’s faces when they started to call lores on me.

Then I was off to the Pendarvin Main Mod as one of the two Golems. I didn’t have any attacks except for Body Block, which everyone EXCEPT Knight Protector Silverbow had a protection for.

Quote: Silverbow: Decided to fight front and center. I really hate getting knocked back about 20 times.

That was me, sorrynotsorry. I've never heard such adamant calls of “Strength of the Samurai!’ before. It was actually pretty cool because I don’t recall ever fighting a samurai. Brad and I ran around the maze snuck behind enemy lines to start cutting down people that were in the triage.

Then I was out as Mother Marie, Valosian flagellant. Our crew did a great job and we got really strong emotions out of people, both angry and sympathetic. I even managed to mumble my way through a few Valosian prayers as the inn was under attack by creepy leg grabbing undead.

GUYS! I was useful during the Alisandrian main mod! I've never felt so thrilled to actually be useful and not just because I have a Gaia’s Embrace.
Me: Control!
Enemy: Mind of Chaos!
Me: It’s not mental.
Enemy: Oh…
Me: Guys, guys, guys! I did the thing!

Sunday morning heard goblins outside attacking. Then I head the Ogress next to me in the tent, "Just you wait for me to get me shoes on. Me gunna kick your a**." Went back to sleep, she's got that.

Mordra GraLucia
Chancellor of Alisandria
Champion of Enax
Last edit: 08 Oct 2014 10:28 by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nadya (LGwilson08), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Draven Erdboren
  • "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky."
  • Thank Yous: 39
08 Oct 2014 13:59 #42 by Draven Erdboren (Grundill)
Replied by Draven Erdboren (Grundill) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
I was only there for Saturday but WOW.

Saturday Morning- Running into Grim holding the leader of the Abyssal Spear group that attacked Alisandria and getting grumped that the barony was handling it rather than Alisandria.

Spending half of the Alisandria Main Mod with my sword arm rent off, no healer to fix it, and left handed throwing druidics at a battle line of former Alisandrian Militia. Epic mod ! Also Mordra's smile when she finally controlled something.

Cyndra and her necklace - You have no idea how close you were to that being MY necklace HAHA

More Druidic Lessons from a sympathetic teacher who has encountered the same problems i have. Great talks and i look forward to more !

No ! Dont put that skeletal hand into the potato chips dude, use your other hand !

Spending time with some new-ish players

and, having people ask ME for assistance... im too used to it being the other way around.

Draven Erdboren
Huntsman
Squire to Lord Lucius Blackthorne

OOG Chris L.
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Swyft (agentswift), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
08 Oct 2014 19:29 - 08 Oct 2014 19:31 #43 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund)
Replied by Edmund Patterson (Edmund) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Friday Night
  1. Non-Stop Smithing.
  2. Explaining how Blood Tide had affected my right hand rotting the flesh and muscles away leaving it animated bones to people including the count and seeing the look of concerned disgust on his face.
  3. Meeting with Morwyn to cast a Ring of Time Ceremony onto the Baronial Barracks / Forge.

4. Saturday Morning:
  1. Again by chance ran across Chirs Zipeto’s Eeevil orphan module. Helping to search for the Abyssal Spear and craziness ensuing: from the children attacking, the teachers attacking, shoving children out of the way to get to the Noble and releasing Grim, helping to subdue / kill the noble, then subdue / kill the teachers. At that point people rushing to help and deal with the children, poor Ginny horrified at the dead child on the ground (played by Stacey) and going “Hey Ginny what’s over there?” then hurling the body down the hall…into a wall, whoops.

Saturday Evening:
  1. On the path to NPC land getting shanghaied by Kirsten to assist marshaling the Pendarvin Module: helping with timing, organizing and coordinating attacks.
  2. Getting drawn into a ceremony / ritual to find the gem. When it is revealed we arrived too late and then the appearance of Balfurious.
  3. Getting drawn into the Ragnarok module and going places where most Travancians will never go,

4. Sunday Morning:
  1. Heading up to the Inn and doing business along with teaching for several hours.
  2. Teaching Armor Efficiency, Superior Armor and Field Repair (great lesson for Berkhart).

Edmund Patterson
Master of Arms
Master Smith / Artificer
Co-Owner of Anvils and Alchemy
Travance
Last edit: 08 Oct 2014 19:31 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Goggs (coryan), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
08 Oct 2014 19:31 - 08 Oct 2014 19:33 #44 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
- SPIRIT REALM PLOT OH BOY ♥
- Story time and battle buddies with Swyft!
- Hero's Rest
- Gates of passage!
- Sunday shenanigans feat. Orophin, Ava and Jack
- SUNDAY SHENANIGANS FEAT. ARDEN AND HORUSS

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 08 Oct 2014 19:33 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
08 Oct 2014 19:48 #45 by Sister Danae (Danae)
Replied by Sister Danae (Danae) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Heroic Pendarvin Cake Mod. Man, Sir Silverbow REALLY wanted some cake.

Many many discussions in Pendarvin(over cake) and even leaving the safety of the cake for a short while to fight off a few spiders and some goo.

Early asso'clock Saturday morning as a teacher. Having Caldor mere INCHES from my face as we screamed at each other over who was putting the children in danger. Seriously, that mod was intense. Would NPC again.

Changing into Danae for like 10 minutes to talk to Ardin after NPCing, and then immediately changing into all my jinglies to bring out Zinnia!

Zinnia's awkward entrance into the inn. Glancing around nervously until she spotted a familiar face. Instantly relaxing and running over.

Finding (a couple of)more people that Zinnia didn't feel completely uncomfortable around. Following Ilana like a puppy, and being told to avoid demons, all the while thinking "Why would I want to do anything besides avoid demons!?!"

Quick change of gear into NPC mode! This was a morning of costume changes!

Getting sent out with Reece as Ogres looking for mages. Seriously, the antics that the two of us got into, while witnessed by only a few, were hilarious. Like, trying to get into the Mage's Guild by telling them that we had cookies(they didn't seem to believe us, but maybe that's because we had been been out there banging on the walls and yelling for a while at that point.) And also getting chaotically altered infront of the monastery, and beating up Reece. And everything else that happened as those two ogres.

Helping Chuck Marshal the corrupted druid mod(and getting to wear his hat during it)

Going out as the cutest effing brute ever, and flirting with Billiam and Sir Silverbow

Waiting for the Pendarvin main mod. Billiam and Danae razzing the hell out of poor Ardin while trying to "help" find him a proper nickname. We are terrible, awful, no good, very bad people.

Pendarvin Mod and all of the knock backs. I must have been the only other person without a defense for them, because I felt like I went backwards as much as I went forwards. Helping to hold the line up front, definitely Danae's favorite place to be during a battle.

Saturday Night Heroic Cake Mod. Man Sir Silverbow thought Saturday night was an excellent night for cake.

Bloodtide, and Danae's immediate need to find something to fight. Stamping around the proper with Sir Silverbow(x2) and Sir Mckraegar in tow. Getting mad when people would back away when they saw what she was carrying. Getting mad because they walked too slow, or breathed too heavy, or the path was too wet. Muttering many a rude thing, and when asked to repeat herself, rephrasing so what she said was only *slightly* less rude.

Getting voluntold to be part of the Sorcery ritual to help find the gem. Danae thought she was going to go fight things, so she went along willingly. Luckily, a friend was close to keep her from murdering Ib as he did his ritual.

Having those who were actually keeping Danae safe with bloodtide all get called off for other things, and being left with an inn full of people who didn't really care what she was doing with bloodtide. Having Aldric come running into the inn to say something was attacking Pendarvin, and easily outstripping him and everyone else to get to the fighting and killing of things.

The unfortunate timing of people deciding right then was a good time to talk to Danae about very very very important things, and her only faintly hearing it, as she was too distracted by wanting to kill them in a most violent sort of way.

Dame Danae Hainsworth
Cleric of Valos
Second Knight of Pendarvin

"Where something bad happens, you have three choices...
You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you."

OOG: Michaela Benton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Onca (Lorelai), Narcis (ChrisR), Not An Assassin (Salem), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
08 Oct 2014 19:59 - 08 Oct 2014 20:00 #46 by Sister Danae (Danae)
Replied by Sister Danae (Danae) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Oh, and Sunday morning chat with Ava, even though she made the wrong choice !!!!!!! :angry:

Dame Danae Hainsworth
Cleric of Valos
Second Knight of Pendarvin

"Where something bad happens, you have three choices...
You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you."

OOG: Michaela Benton
Last edit: 08 Oct 2014 20:00 by Sister Danae (Danae).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
08 Oct 2014 20:36 #47 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Says you :P

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
08 Oct 2014 20:37 #48 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Oh, and Juggling with Lord Tartaros and Tsoli and Bishop Chance and Angelica and whoever else.
watching everyone get super excited over Croi's juggling stuff was so awesome.
I really enjoy being basically a walking circus.

AND I WAS REALLY EXCITED THAT JACK AND BOLTON BOTH GOT TO PLAY WITH POI THINGS.

I'll bring all my stuff next game too guys :B

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
08 Oct 2014 22:04 - 08 Oct 2014 22:05 #49 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Two other highlights:

1) The Blacksmiths Married to Feisty Redheads club. Three members, looking to add more...

2) NPC shift, walking up the path about 50 yards behind Lois Maxwell and Tari. As we passed through the darkest part of the Kaladonia to Inn path, I had to sneeze, and it was not subtle. Cassie and Stacey both jumped about 5 feet. :evil:

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Last edit: 08 Oct 2014 22:05 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
09 Oct 2014 10:29 - 09 Oct 2014 11:15 #50 by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
Replied by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
So many highlights where to start. First off best event so far this is only my third lots more to come anyways.

Best NPC shift ever! Being part of the cult of Persmerga going to the Inn to tell people the good news bad idea. We ran into Aidan and argued with him and our leader pushed him a little too hard and we were killed then burned at the stake. Getting ressuracted and yes your reaction to who you had just brought back was priceless! Talking more about how Persmerga would return getting a knight to walk us back to the Inn passing Aidan. Our leader saying hello to him and Aidan being furious! So much fun!

Hazel finally telling Naar how she felt and asking him to the ball. His reaction, complete shock! Loved it. After that the two were hardly away from each other. Him teaching her Trudistant Healing so much fun!

Wonderful masses this weekend. Seeing Bloodtide for the first time. Hazel can't stand to be around it!

Team Infinity mode was wonderful! We Kaladonians make quite the team. Very exciting.

Keavy trying to do a totem animal meditation with Hazel being so patient with her. Hazel's past memories blocking out her animal spirit so sorry about that. Thank you for being patient.

Saturday night at the Inn so exciting. Getting attack and Naar protecting Hazel many times thank you for that. You have impressed her that is for sure.

Talking with Angeliana getting frustrated with her cause she was drunk! Then the party in the bar all the singing and noise! Thank you for protecting me from Atrus as well. Still funniest part was when Angeliana began to complain asking why Andorra tests her and Naar's comment perfect!

Sunday seeing Bloodtide again it makes Hazel very ill thanks again to Naar for protecting her. Using Soothe on Naar as he healed a man with two broken arms since he forgot to use soothe on himself. Going to Grove to see Naar and Keavy get attuned even though Hazel couldn't understand any it what she saw was beautiful. Caldor your always making Hazel feel special and welcome thank you for that. Gwynedd thank you for being there with Hazel as she remebered some horrors from her past.

Thank you all for welcoming me to the Knight Realms family and I am looking forward to the ball.

Hazel Storm - "Keep calm and let it go."

OOG: Heather Kissling
Last edit: 09 Oct 2014 11:15 by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
09 Oct 2014 22:28 - 09 Oct 2014 22:29 #51 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Wow. Just wow. This was one hell of an event.

Friday-
  • NPC shift for heroic brute mod as Qahnaarin. If you didn't show up, you missed out. No one was wearing a shirt. No one. myself included. Not to mention I think Qahnaarin got lucky with a gambler there and got a pet referee.
  • Clytie's time with Jun, planned from last feast. That was overdue.
  • Pretzels and peanuts and fish, oh my! So a hobbit is behind all of this...
  • Also, beware the SandWitch
  • Thanks to the Cult of Pesmerga, Clytie remembered that she was a Saint in the Church of the Hat in the Center of the Table.
Saturday-
  • Chats with Mirwen regarding the CotHitMotT, and the sainting of Nalick the Short.
  • Almost going to get Ragnarok. Almost. Damn US Immigration postponing our sword hunt.
  • Magic lessons with two white sorceresses. Clytie had been holding out for more fire lessons with Carlotta, and actually mastered it under her tutelage.
  • Promoting the Fire Tea like crazy. Almost all of it sold! Such a huge success, I'd be an idiot not to make more for next feast.
  • My real main mod was Tower Mod. Clytie, Duncan, and Alissa were kidnapped, tortured, and dread surgeried into living bombs in a sea of traps.The roleplay involved was pure gold, and deep down I prayed that I would scar the minds of all the characters, just as Clytie was.
  • Witnessing a beautiful sorcery ritual. The aura of the thing only strengthened her resolve to pursue white sorcery. And triggered a catatonic fit.
  • Beautiful rp going on around her catatonic body. Carlotta referred to her as her student, which sane Clytie would have been flattered to hear. Though the rp did get so intense that it literally broke someone's hand.
  • Searching for physicians. And the "responsible party."
  • Ain't no party like an Alchemist party 'cuz an Alchemist party don't stop until Nigel is shit faced wth one ass cheek stuck to his chair and the bartender itching his nipple for a minute straight. (I actually wrote this and keep it in my cubicle so I can have a laugh and genuinely smile when I pick up the phone now. Zipeto, Reece, thank you.)
  • Also, Comic Sans Testiclees. That is all.
  • Personal moments with Sebastien leading to dried fruits and Amizar having to knock to get into his own room.
  • Being too damn tired to care even a little about main mods and real Ragnarok mod and such.

Sunday-
  • Discussing Clytie's aspirations under the guise of morality debates.
    Clytie: "...And so I'm going to become a White Sorceress."
    -long pause-
    Kleiden: "You know what, if a Drow can become a Paladin, then a Nyad can become a White Sorcerer."
    Clytie: "Damn right I can, and no one can tel me otherwise!"
  • Bread Toast
  • Goblin Bards! You guys were so cute! Clytie was highly amused and liked playing the instruments with the bread, as well as the failed attempt to play a nyad head.
  • Also she saved their lives. Cypher tried to slit their throats with Bloodtide. Clytie distracted him by attacking him and nearly died in the process. After calling him an asshole, (to herself because he was being one) he tried pressing charges for assault and besmirchment of a noble. Those charges were dropped very quickly, because his defense came down to "I wasn't killing innocent people, goblins aren't people!"
  • Dissecting a Kraken head, claiming it's skull as a trophy, and promptly selling the thing for quick gold.
  • One last personal moment with Sebastien and some promise fulfillment.

I can't wait for the ball, everyone's gonna look so awesome, and I can't wait to see where the plot takes us!

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
Last edit: 09 Oct 2014 22:29 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Not An Assassin (Salem), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
13 Oct 2014 12:06 #52 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Oct 2014 - highlights
Friday:

-Making it to camp just in time for my shift. Matt, Katie, and I made good time.
-Mirrormod. Silent shenanigans as Mirror-Verril, Ava, and Cypher.
-Shadow-boxing with Gus. A+ rp, would rp again.

Saturday:

-I would like to personally thank every single person who npc'd and pc'd the orphanage mod I ran. The rp was amazing and I was so happy to hear how much everyone enjoyed the moral challenge I presented them. Extra kudos for Bill and Jason for agreeing to help me hook it as their pc's. Every person on this mod was stellar and I'm proud to have the opportunity to play this game with the caliber of players it has.

-Then it was Nigel time. Had a blast awkwardly Londwyning and sciencing around the place with people.

-Experimenting on the Psion-controlled Nosferatu.

-Tower Mod. Dem notes. It shall be interesting to see where this leads.

-Londwyn bro time. Throughout the game, this was good times. I require more .

-Interesting talks on theoretical projects, ethics, and experimentation with Blacktree. I'm intrigued to see where this goes.

-Blood samples from everybody! Don't worry. It's for science.

-Delicious feast, nom nom nom.

-Alchemist crafting party in the Blackbird. I have not genuinely laughed this hard at game in ages. It was phenomenal. Make all the potions! Drink all the drinks! Giggle all the giggles!

-Ah yes, the ancient Kormyrian war hero, Comic Sans Testiclese. Truly a man of legend.

-Quandandra, Trevon, Quinton, and every other numerical name pun with Valentine.

-Peanut main mod. It's always an interesting challenge for me to play the non-combat capable coward when I'm used to being the exact opposite. Having science and education help win the day was definitely one of my top highlights for the event. "Of COURSE I can read it! I'm from Londwyn!"

-Late night conversations with all of the people. I don't remember all of them, but they were pretty awesome.

Sunday:

-Crafting and talking times with errybahdy.

-"Nigel, why do you have that much crafting potential? That's just excessive."
"You say excessive. I say prudent planning."

-More science!

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Not An Assassin (Salem), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds