February Event highlights.

15 Feb 2015 14:13 - 15 Feb 2015 14:14 #1 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
February Event highlights. was created by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Though I'd start this thread. I just want to say thank you for everyone who braved this cold weekend to come and play. I really hope you enjoyed it. I also want to thank Gene, Christine, Conor, Dave, May, Bill and Gina for helping write and NPC this event.
Now to sleep

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
Last edit: 15 Feb 2015 14:14 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cameron (Galen), geezer (geezer), Dorn (Aradiel), Josephine (mferro54), JTinney (Swordsaint), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Caelvan (Caelvan), Narcis (ChrisR), GFulls (GFulls), Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen), Gilthu (Gilthu), Arden (Shelby), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Brian T. (Renthios), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
15 Feb 2015 19:11 - 15 Feb 2015 19:15 #2 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic February Event highlights.
Well this was an un-planned event for me

Up until about the Saturday before game, I had planned on missing this event due to work concerns (a 16 hour shift before and an over-night shift Sunday into Monday bookending the game weekend. Then the closer the game came, the more the concept of driving up Friday became a thing.

So much a thing, I changed into my garb *at work* and drove up in it- getting in at half-past midnight.  Cloak and w-armor meant warmth in the cold. More than many thought.

Anyways… Highlights Friday into Feast Saturday:
A divinity lesson from Aldric and a drunk Mother Lenore was…. Enlightening.
Doing the Guards Work…. Again…. And not getting paid for it. :P
Discussions about the newcomers… and their message.
Actually reading some of the Scholars Table stuff. Interesting….
Then there was the Bear and the Rescue.

The morning of Saturday brought the discovery of a half-brother to the Old Sword. Well shit… That was unexpected. :huh:
Consoling a Mother Remi over her role in having Pax come to Travance…. and really leaning some history pertaining to him. Assassin? Oh no, no, no, no, no :angry:
More suspicions about Pax and his “message” had me researching…. and forming a plan when backing BIrgitta when she met him and his folks.
The compliment from Christine Beard on our veteran Roleplayer preparedness when learning of the plan after the meeting.  :lol: :woohoo:
Volunteering for Feast Serving and cleanup…. Had me miss 95% of main mod but clean up needed to happen. :P
The scene with Bill’s NPC at the end was awesome. Duncan was not letting that one die needlessly… And Billingham’s solution was stellar. Kudos to you Gene!! :lol:

Recipe for a Streetfight from Hell Master Warrior Lesson- take two young fighters (Argyle and Maveth) and add three skilled veteran warriors (Oren, Philidn and Duncan). Beat-down halfway and toss in a leaping young Emerald Huntsman (Caelvan) to finish off the drubbing/lesson. Much was learned by the young ones… and a return challenge back at us.

Just as fun, if not more so… was the requested reverse lesson on Overwhelming Odds fighting and how we would do it. Ilune, Argyle and Maveth versus Oren and I turned into a productive lesson for them about best defense being a wicked offense. *grin*

BTW, Iluyne, punching your own sword is not good idea. :pinch: :oops: :pinch:

In bed by 0230, up at 08…. Then its packing to leave as I had work Sunday night….. which is where I post from now. :(

The number of revelations that occurred this weekend that I *can’t* talk about…. Really has me wondering what March is going to bring about. :whistle:

So yeah…. 19 days and counting!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 15 Feb 2015 19:15 by JTinney (Swordsaint). Reason: adjust a description
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
15 Feb 2015 19:29 #3 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic February Event highlights.
In no particular order:

-Lake of Acid in Evernight mod. Alternate Ava was a priestess of Andorra. Who knew! Had lots of fun despite the trek in the snow and my short legs not doing much to help walk in it >.>

-Philidin's portal leading back to his bed. Ava spitting on him for not warning her!

- Potion of Everlasting Peace randomly appearing next to Ava...multiple times after yelling that she didn't want that peace.....avoiding them all

-Talking to Pax and Bill's Satyr. THAT IS HOW THEY GOT ME. Though the talk with Bill was A++ in the fact that it gave Ava a reason to believe that peace could be obtained in ways she wasn't doing already. Can't go too much into exactly why but even though I didn't show it it really did impact her more than I thought it would.

-Being ordered to drink an antidote to be...not peaceful. Peaceful Ava is scary.

-Philidin not immediately killing Ava despite every disagreeable thing she said. Philidin also learning a lot about the person he taught...not sure if he regrets teaching her now but you know...

-Talking to the Count with Jack and Cyndra. Went very well....now hopefully it ends well. Ava pulled the politeness out all of her politeness and kindness for that talk, leaving her very drained after.

-Yelling at Pax..kinda? at Main mod once everything devolved into fighting. Thus proving to Ava that peace without destruction wasn't actually possible and that the niche she filled, was what she had to do. Inner innocent Ava was absolutely wrecked as another attempt at solace that wasn't natural to her wasn't successful.

-Billiam jumping off Ava's shoulder to get someone in the rafters. It was pretty sweet.

-Speaking of which, Billiam's talk. Not often that Billiam doesn't just tease Ava.

-Upset Ava all event.

-Feast was super yummy and satisfying !

Even though it was so cold I had a great event! I really appreciated the plot as it incorporated things that you usually don't see in weekend plots, letting the not usual people take some of the lead! I know my plate is full already for next moon and I'm excited for next game already! Thanks for a wonderful event!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
15 Feb 2015 20:00 #4 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic February Event highlights.
BEING THE AWKWARD TURTLE THIRD WHEEL TO ALEISTER AND ANGELICA's DEAD BODY DATE NIGHT.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
15 Feb 2015 20:01 - 15 Feb 2015 20:01 #5 by Croínamara (Jen)
Also, having a Jim Carrey Liar, Liar moment with Galen and Nalick.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 15 Feb 2015 20:01 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
15 Feb 2015 20:06 #6 by Croínamara (Jen)
Also, also,
NOT getting to RP with bill hannings, but still getting to RP with bill hannings.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
15 Feb 2015 20:07 #7 by Croínamara (Jen)
also, also, also,

Scandalous limericks.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
15 Feb 2015 20:31 #8 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic February Event highlights.
JEN YOU KNOW THEY MAKE A POST EDIT BUTTON FOR A REASON

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Josephine (mferro54), Chukklez (Chukklez), JTinney (Swordsaint), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Croínamara (Jen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
15 Feb 2015 21:11 #9 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic February Event highlights.
I'll be quick this month, mostly due to being exhausted. Everyone was roleplaying at their best due to the close quarters, combat was fun, being the big bad... not evil guy of main mod was fun, affecting character's roleplay and development through my own play as Ira Dolentium was fun, fighting Billiam and the rest of the town was fun, trying to challenge Ardin Silverbow only to get distracted by annoying psions was fun, all my interactions as grim and Ira were great. Sean and Dave and my NPC bros all did a faboo job, I just wish more people got to see it.

Land system actions are filtering back as roleplaying grist, ongoing player-based plot is also great. I actually managed to sleep some this month, and feast was quite good.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
15 Feb 2015 21:24 - 15 Feb 2015 21:26 #10 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic February Event highlights.
The return of and all of the RP moments with Mother Lenore, especially when she approached me for advice.

Falling on my ass, figuratively and literally while playing an NPC who was Birgitta's "brother." Boy, do I have a thing or two to learn about thinking on my feet.

Also, don't mess with Birgitta.

Bumping into Croi and Galen in the Monastery and unintentionally making Croi crawl under a table with laughter.

Joining the Baronial Guard and then several hours later, impressing my fellow guardsmen and guardswomen, as well as myself. I was ecstatic.

Hanging out with Argyle, Tessa, Brother Aldric, Mother Lenore, Alyuhn, Duncan, and the rest at the Barracks late at night.

Telling people who knew about the copper statue of Nalick, that it was now a "copper copper." Subsequently being told to "Get out" of whichever room I'd been in.

Oren's Captain America moment or "Vice Captain Kormyre":
Vice Captain Oren incapacitated an NPC by throwing his shield at it. He made an impression on more than just a goblin's chest.

Foot in mouth disease: Friday night, I let slip a couple details of an event that happened a couple months ago. To Nalick's chagrin, a small crowd gathered, wanting more details.

Speaking of disease, later that night I purchased a blanket that I hadn't known was infected with pox. Thankfully it was cured within minutes of me walking into the bar the next morning with my face and hands covered in spots.

Renee then went OOG to admonish me about the importance of vaccines. Thanks again. :P

When I walked into the Monastery and Swyft joked--I think--"Ahh, there's my future husband."

Light mass at the bar! A collaboration courtesy of Brother Aldric and Angeliana, complete with cookies and song. The cookie part was planned, while the singing was brought on by Jonas.

As was this: "Praise the peace-opotamus!"

Speaking of peace, Nalick made it with Ketryn. The next afternoon, Ketryn received a bouquet with a cryptic, two-word note. I assure you, we will get to the 'bottom' of it!

Saturday afternoon, I made a trip to Alisandria for a diplomatic meeting of sorts. Unfortunately, neither the Lord nor the Lady were in the Proper. Not only that, but neither myself nor Verrill could get in the door. There was something so important going on in the statehouse that the door could only be opened the width of Godric's face.

After that, hitting the Bloody Stump to relax with Ostcliff friends, who lamented too soon that there wasn't any alcohol.

"That's not exactly true." Nalick took out and passed around the bottle of wine he would have used to bri--share with Alisandria.

Squire Gregory popping the bottle open and having it spurt out all over him.

Croi wrote part of a song about the copper Nalick statue and it is amazing so far! (Jen, it's always a highlight when I get to hear you sing, as I did several times this weekend.)

I loved hearing the responses to my poem in the Chronicle, which ranged from sadness and empathy to anger. The latter being Billiam's.

19 days until I see you all again!

Last edit: 15 Feb 2015 21:26 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Croínamara (Jen), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Morgan (faewinds), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
15 Feb 2015 22:56 #11 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic February Event highlights.
How could I forget! Nalick's gift of a scarf to Ava! Ava not getting the pure kindness in it and assuming it was going to kill her somehow.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
15 Feb 2015 23:35 #12 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic February Event highlights.
Despite the cold weather and the season...Best Valentines Day game ever an yes i have had a few. There is nothing like being warmed inside by friends and family when its so cold in the world.

Everything in this event was awesome from feast to fun. From NPCs to PCs storytelling reminising and twisted plot. Loved it.

The Defranza's were are and will always be awesome. Jeff Balla I love you. Being an only child myself I've never had a brother. My RP with you is going to be a wonderful thing to play out as something i have never RL had... And I will teach you improvisational theater!

The 'bad guy' NPC team. The Great well thought out background rich and emotionally charged characterization made this event stand out for me. The twists on both sides was awesome. Im sorry i was doing kitchen clean up when main happened... But the fog effects also needed to be maintained. 50 pounds of dry ice...

My Blood Spirit players and associates are really becoming a team! You rock.

Reminising IC with certain very old PCs was awesome.

Finally having a reason for face time IC with Norm even on the fly. I miss you when i don't have an excuse.

Gina your playing a radically different Dragoon... Just wow. Totally impressed. Zero Arden leaked through. ZERO! And i so wanted to pull her out of that group... I can only hope our talk mattered.

I loved how both groups twisted what was going on...150 shades of Travance intrigue on peace. Give peace a chance....

May. No itsPeace at any cost...ritual oops did I use the wrong word?

Ah the buzz words of Travance explained.

Ah turning down a very lucritive contact... Very... Dangerous.

Good thing something else came down "days" before.

Much love.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), JTinney (Swordsaint), Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
16 Feb 2015 09:36 - 16 Feb 2015 09:36 #13 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic February Event highlights.
Starting the feast out and getting a ton of buffs for Fredrick placed on us..... Then went and collected a pile of healing salves for the mod to walk back and find it canceled... Oh well there is always next month

Fight Cameron as a troll.... That was great you need to use a 2 hander as your PC...

BAR SHARK FISHING.... Joining in with people under satyrs' wine to fish for bar sharks behind the bar without needing satyrs' wine.... Yay delusional

Fighting a horde of skeletons outside the inn with mother Remi (spelling?) and Alexander.... It sucked that her staff physrep broke.

Npc main mod
Told to defend bill as the stayr or as we called him grimbear (OOG) dying way to fast to keep up with bill

Came back as fire elemental and was only getting one spell off before getting dropped by all the Ice damage
But I dropped Gene with an incinerate

Sunday

Master warrior lesson with grim was great.... 1 v 1 with him and excatly when I hit 0 I tripped over a board in alisandria and fell straight back words into the snow dropping my sword with it... Best drop ever

See everyone in march hopefully

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
Last edit: 16 Feb 2015 09:36 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
16 Feb 2015 11:44 #14 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic February Event highlights.
First of all, thanks to Sean and David and Christine for the opportunity to play Percussor. She was an intense character and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to mess with the minds (and sometimes the lives) or the others.
That being said, after showing her true colors, the town broke her at main mod. Bravo guys. Bravo.
So besides that and the bar shark incident, I'll stick with hilights to Clytie in a later edit.

Seriously guys, you all did SOOOO wondefully! I'm looking forward to Dreamation, and future Percussor shenanigans ;)

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
16 Feb 2015 11:46 - 16 Feb 2015 11:52 #15 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic February Event highlights.
I would like to level with you all. I do not intend for every single noteworthy thing that happens to Aldric to wind up happening at the Tavern bar. Honest. It. just. happens.

and...

BARSHARK!!!

P.S.

How weird is it that Aldric hallucinates on Satyr's Wine (thanks Mary and Nadi) and calls the bartender the Barshark, warning everyone who will listen about her predatory nature...and the NPC I am warning everyone about turns out to be this deadly Assassin and part of the plot twist for the event?

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 16 Feb 2015 11:52 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507), Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
16 Feb 2015 12:21 - 16 Feb 2015 13:07 #16 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic February Event highlights.
"CURSE YOUR BLACK HEARTS, ALISANDRIAAAaaaaaaaaa.....!"

The ill-fated words of an NPC necromancer attempting to lure us out in the wee hours of the morning.

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
Last edit: 16 Feb 2015 13:07 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Morgan (faewinds)
16 Feb 2015 14:10 #17 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic February Event highlights.
-Gates of Passage! I swear someone called Ilana a necromancer and she just giggled a lot. That timeline is silly (or, maybe somewhere really exists she isn't a wildmage *wistful*)

-Chaos Storm Lesson! Morwenne being such a good sport about it <3

-Adorable Goblin wedding complete with a hobgoblin getting kicked to the curb.

-This is how you pick apart a mushroom

-Ice Plane visit! Ilana doesn't think she wants to have any reign in a place that falls apart so easily though.

-Hanging out with some Pendarvin locals ala Matt and Katie. Confirming known information and picking up a new quest!

-Playing with Pax. Literally. Conor teaching me some weird little board game while we chatted.

-Poor Utgard >.o He'll figure it out eventually

-Hanging out with Atrus was actually pleasant. Billliamm helping explain what Galladel's about to others.

-Trying to convince Pax's followers he was a deceiver. Only half succeeding.

-...Did everyone get cured in the end..?

-Reanimation! (I can only get away with it when Caldor's not around)

-The *ridiculous* physcian lessons aided with a dash of chaos

-A dark monastery is a deadly one (especially for undead)

-Ilana being cuddled to death by George and Billliamm. I think they were mostly just amused I was falling asleep so easy.

-Goblins can't be wildmages! Right? ...right?

I'll see you guys in April! Don't burn the town down while I'm gone!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Tyros (Tyros), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
16 Feb 2015 15:12 - 16 Feb 2015 15:14 #18 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic February Event highlights.
~ Dozen red roses... <3
~ Andorran Soap Sale! I think all in all, that went well :) Thanks for all who purchased my soaps and supporting my hobby. Also omg that dorf who kept wanting to eat them... actually, everyone who wanted to eat them. Next time I'll have a not edible sign.
~ Croi's reaction to her flowers and the amazing poem by Billiam. :silly:
~ Married a goblin couple! So cute. :kiss:
~ Atrus's rituals and ceremonies in the monastery. Looked so cool, awesome RP. Empathy trance, and divination talks.
~ Bar mass
~ Figuring out how to get rid of the smoke
~ Peace debates with all.
~ Lantern and research talks with Illyrin
~ Taking a mass of healers along with Atrus and Illyrin to the spirit realm to talk to veeeery old souls.
~ Main mod insanity... Finally stopping people from fighting. It cost me my voice. But real peace was accomplished. Combining AP + calm discourse = win. I truly enjoyed proving my point by getting wrecked, despite all the bruises.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 16 Feb 2015 15:14 by Angeliana (Angeliana).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
16 Feb 2015 17:04 #19 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic February Event highlights.
The event was a bit smaller, but as such, it was a more intimate atmosphere, and I got the chance to talk to and spend time with different and very enjoyable people. Though the weather outside was frightful, the role play was quite delightful. ;)

The ongoing trials and tribulations of Jed's mask and discussions with Godrick about the whole situation.

Fun conversations in Alissandria.

The “ruined” saucer of milk in Atrus' crazy ritual.

Fighting the Reaper in the inn... Realized I was in a bit over my head after a while... That was a fun fight for everyone!

Shenanigans with the portal crack in the inn:
Disgusted Atrus sets a bench upside down on it. “There, it's fixed.”

Andorran soap! They were lovely, Alice! Mine is still too pretty to unwrap!

Jack Seifer's gnomish trinkets were all the rage. ;)

A fun journey looking for “The Huntress” with Jonas, his son and Mother Lenore. Hilarity ensued. Poor Amalthea!

Fun times with Ketryn and getting to know Thaodore (did I spell it right?) better!

Brother Aldric's mass was lively and entertaining! Spending it with Jonas was a blast! All praise the Peaceopotamus!

Interesting plot line, bringing ethics into question. Very enjoyable main mod, too. I'm grateful that it was inside the inn! The cold was unforgiving this event! :(
Angeliana was wonderful, standing in the way of blows to get everyone, “affected” or not, to stop the fighting.

Fun late night NPC shift! I got to inspire Oren's Captain America moment; a great honor!
I particularly enjoyed working with Kyle as the lizardkin who got bored and almost got away with attacking Aria Nalick scott free! Darn your insults, Billiam!

Planning for the future with Mother Lenore! I am stoked!

Being literally blown back into the inn doors by the wind. (It was kinda' fun.)

Putting grandma to rest with Ilana and Atrus. The NPC granddaughters were perfectly hilarious in their recollections of their battleaxe of a grandmother!

I had a wonderful stay in Pendarvin. Edwin is ever the gracious host.

Thank-you staff for working as hard as you did in this bitter cold, and all the players and NPCs who added to the experience. It was a fantastic time as usual!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Josephine (mferro54), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Angeliana (Angeliana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
16 Feb 2015 17:34 #20 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic February Event highlights.
I had intended to play both my characters this past weekend, but Lenore just took over. I guess she had work to do. The warm welcome back she and I received this weekend were just right to keep away the cold. Thanks everyone!

Best moments:

-Picking right up with Mother Remi where we left off, drinking and praising the Light.
-Sharing the love with Brother Aldric, and by love I mean Satyr's wine.
-Visiting Brother Aldric's new alter at the guard barracks, and getting to know the new faces of the guard.
-One young guardsman's incredulous reaction to my lack of weapons.
-Finding so many new Valosians in town. I hope to rp with all of you soon!
-Saturday morning chat with Ava. A warm fire for our cold feet gave us a chance to discuss the state of things in Travance.
-Market faire with Edwin. Sandwiches and food for thought.
-Amalthea's Turkish(Bedouin?) Delight.
-Snowy "patrol" with Jonas, Jonas, and Swyft.
-Seeking the sort of advice from Nalick that only an Andorran can give.
-Seeing Atrus spitting up blood as a result of his ceremonies. So many feels.
-Gaining 0.001 Respect Points from Atrus with a cup of coffee.
-Finally being attuned to the Phocus by Therian (Hope I spelled that right!). Thank you for standing out in the cold with me!

So many other moments I'm sure. The best part of game for me really was seeing all my old friends and being left even more excited to see those who were missing due to the cold and real life keeping them busy. Next month!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
16 Feb 2015 20:02 #21 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund)
Replied by Edmund Patterson (Edmund) on topic February Event highlights.
Saturday sitting stationary in the inn for 6 hours and RPing with everyone. Teaching more people how to work chain mail and scales. Teaching all sorts of smithing lessons along with making runes to a new artificer.

Edmund Patterson
Master of Arms
Master Smith / Artificer
Co-Owner of Anvils and Alchemy
Travance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
16 Feb 2015 21:37 #22 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic February Event highlights.
Friday Night, the amount of folks that came with me to back Sir Cypher go through a portal to a place I didn't know, but wanted to help. Gus, hope you know you got allies. To the point we had to send a few away.
Frederick Mod Delay: Matt, we all get it man, hope it all works out okay. The support for us as New Players was outstanding. Mother Remmy and the NPC clergy buffed me to the point, I asked them to write it all down, bc someone would ask about the number of buffs given, not that I would cheat, but card checks and honor matter.
The Night Watch Patrol of awesome, some NPCs got rolled from the shear amount of buffs the Guard had on us, not a good time to be a baddie, as we bought so many Fates too. A ton of fun.
Okay now some out of order Highlights:

Mother Remmy I am so sorry about your staff. It did look cool, so RP, it counted girl. If you want help making a new one, please ask.

I had a blast NPCing this month, a cool little mod as a spider. Tower Mod, the other side of it was just awesome, I hope everyone else loved it too. Gus thank you for that little mod, I hope I did you proud. I sure had a blast(to the new player, I am so sorry) I would love to reprise that role anytime.

To all those who cooked feast, thank you! It was so good.

Great Guard Work this event. Nallick joining up, and not disappointing anyone, way to take the ball and run with it. Jeff you made my PC of the Month vote man...great job, great rp, and you really added to the plot and theme of it all.

Meeting Mother Lonore(hope I spelled that close to right) great RP, but you caught us all off guard. I really hope to DO with you more.

Lor and Gallen...wow! The personal role play for me, shaped my PC in such a strong way, growing my own style of RP. It was great chatting with the both of you. I'm pumped to do it again.

Brother Aldric bar Mass with Mother Angeliana. Billiam, Jonas Kane, and Syft all holding hands and singing...was just great. Oh, yeah Valos has cookies...they taste like sweet, sweet, justice.

Main Mod, look this plot was great Sean you did a great event, but I want to publicly say as a Highland, that to took a moment to clarify some things for us with so much going on, thank you. It meant a lot to us and myself. You kick ass man. Bill, Christina, and May great work NPCING.

Master Warrior Final Lessons for Maveith and Argyle...it was a street fight. To everyone involved, thanks Will, Tim, Tinney, Connor, Ricky, and last due to being so late jk, Ben. The back and forth all night, it was great to really train that hard in the road, with real battles too, it was just a great night to be at KR with friends and some ones made too.

There was so much great role play, I can't point it all out. You all are great, my KR family, we all may not always get along, but I am proud to be a part of the KR family. Until March folks, be safe and I can't wait do it again.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Onca (Lorelai), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Templar Aldric (Selrik)
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
17 Feb 2015 05:00 #23 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic February Event highlights.
I can't put all the stuff that I liked down here, because if I did, this would be another five-pager. Even with just two things for each part of what I did, it's still going to be long, but here goes:

Healer stuff:
Veil Mastery successes and failures on Friday with Angeliana, the Dread Wraith, and the Portal to Death. With this being my first event with the skill, it was very rollercoaster-ish to have our successes be so mixed, but we got to do so much with our Warden skills on that mod that "heroic" felt pretty real... And then spoopy pinata party with Amalthea the Shadow Huntress on Sunday made it even better.

Also, getting closer and closer to bringing my nakama to the next level! I'm so excited!

Druid stuff:
Purple mushrooms and their huge, oozy brother... and their spider guardians. Seriously, are you STs just making mods of "nope"? I feel like if we ever manage to make VR a reality, we won't be able to play anymore, just because we're OOG terrified.

Speaking of spiders, man-eating "ice spiders" on Sunday. If you'd only been able to curb your appetites for a moment, I might have been able to send you off after the Vanir and you'd have noms for days... imagine: the new Elk being chased by the Chiveo being chased by the Vanir being chased by FROZEN SHELOBS. (Let it go already!)

Scholar stuff:
RESEARCH. o.o Between the "testing phase" of dealing with the aforementioned Death portal, the quad-duo session with Haroldson on Saturday before Main Mod, and making the report to the Conclave on Sunday, I'm really enjoying how much easier it is to feel appreciated now that I finally know things about stuff.

Conversations with Arkelian and Clytie to start off two new books, and ones with Mirwen over Divine and Arcane magics. In particular, in re: the advent of the new god,
Mirwen: "I thought they were called Visigalians?"
Na'ar: "No, all the ones I've talked to call themselves Visigalists."
Rudolph, from the next room, "I prefer to call them Visigatholics!"

NPC stuff:
Oink oink, scribble scribble, OGRE OGRE OGRE!

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
17 Feb 2015 11:07 #24 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic February Event highlights.
Scholar book scholar book research for DAAAAAAYS :3 I may have contributed absolutely nothing else useful to anything all weekend, but it's good to know that at least I can read for fun & profit ;-) This was the best put-together scholar book I have seen.

Ilyran writing the summary of the story for hours. Dude is dedicated! "New Chronicler prayer: Heal Wrist Cramp."

"In some circles, I am known as the Hunter. Do you have any nicknames?" <3 the Jonases.

"Kuzco" making the world's tiniest sword.

Not dying or getting into any accidents while driving home Saturday night!

Everyone was lovely and wonderful and such champs about the weather. Looking forward to seeing you all in March!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507), Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
17 Feb 2015 12:43 #25 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic February Event highlights.
wow....last event was pretty crappy for me, and I took a leap of faith at my friend's urging, and gave it another shot. I'm glad I did.

Event started out kinda bad as the errata kinda put a sledge hammer across my skull in a metaphorical sense, as well as a card issue. that settled itself okay (thank you Cameron), and then the game seemed to take off well.

Highlights:
-Walking back to the Barracks with Lorelei, Amalthea and one other Kaladonian. confronted by undead. 10/10, would team up with again.

-having someone explain who Pax is. Lets pretend that we're speaking to a Celt who spent his time making whisky and fighting when others were learning letters. Better yet, don't pretend.

-all the wheeling and dealing with various peoples.

-lesson.

till next time: Break in your boots before games, carry water on you, and don't run with scissors.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Onca (Lorelai), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
17 Feb 2015 15:13 #26 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Replied by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer) on topic February Event highlights.
sooo busy this event! and so happy I got out despite all the snow :)

Friday night getting quickly whisked away through portals (I promised myself I would stop doing that...) but happily came back with more skulls than I could carry (its a good thing I swear) and safely evaded lakes of acid.

arguing with alister about loaning him his own skull

Taking a nap on that pile of skulls, its the only way to keep them safe, I swear.

Saturday morning/afternoon - setting up flowershop was a delight to everyone! I was happy to be able to provide some color to the dreary cold :) also getting to share some candied flower petals and the expressions of delight that followed!

Though I will say though each bundle of flowers got a different reaction, from "yes!" to "aww" and blood curdling screams of " NOOOOO!"

Making flower arrangements for goblins (they were edible :P)

All the investigating all the contraband malorn!

Explosive and accidental germinates

of course all the meetings and gatherings, giving stares of all kinds and getting lots of awkward ones in return!

being escorted back to alisandria by the guard. It was a cute scene to have Cyndra carrying the leftover flowers walking with three guards members (who had never been to alisandria!) so i was happy to show them around the statehouse, talk about caerbra-dig-a-dig-dig, and brag about being awesome farmers (im not gonna say its the druidics, but... it might be the druidics)

Being very excited to prepare very silly questionnaires on ethics and morals

having very serious possibly life saving conversations with Jack, Ava and the count

Getting to share a scene of Cyndra with an apron cooking up a druidic feast late at night with the hope of getting closer to a few good friends, and that would be capped by a disgusting amount of delight!

cyndra letting people know she cares in her own special way...

sipping tea by the fire, sharing ghost (mortal hunter) stories!

also fate slapping me in the face, and being oog cursed with a multi hour nosebleed that left me 24 hours without sleep by the time sunday morning arrived, agonizing but all the amazing stories made it worth it!

after all this, i feel like irl flowers should be a more regular thing :)

OOG: Taylor Fischer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
17 Feb 2015 22:54 #27 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic February Event highlights.
This event was fantastic.

Evernight Mod. More questions than answers and amazing props, great attention to detail, and all the shenanigans that will come forward in the next few months!

Spirit Mirror with Billium, every event I find myself spending more and more time with that crazy guy. He's starting to grow on me :-P

Waking up to go set up shop in the inn. Many individuals eager to try out new and exciting technology!

Yes, flower pots are supposed to do that! But next time on the other side of the room!

Nobles meeting: Intense politics. Truly we need a modest proposal. <3

Main Mod- Get thrust into a very technical idea of how to fix the boxes. And instead of using my magitech fist for SCIENCE!, taking the billium route and smashing everything, when questioned as to why: "It's called percussive maintenance"

Politics with the Count and being reminded of a doctor named Freud.

Dinner with Dmitri and Cyndra. Eating hearts has never been so delicious.

So other than sockets and gold there is a secret hidden third use for perfect cut gems that I have discovered!

The best pvp I've ever been subjected to! A+

Never have I ever felt an I told you so was more in order. Thank you universe. Next time maybe you'll listen to me :-P

Jonas and Jonas is ON THE CASE!

Finding random baubles that I didn't put in my stuff.

RP with Ava in general.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
18 Feb 2015 04:27 #28 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic February Event highlights.
This was such a fun event for me and I've never been busier.
Alchemy plot!
Alchemy with Pax
Getting to revealing scholar's book stuff
Sitting at the Nobles' Table for feast
Feast
Goblin bombs
Some interesting RP with assorted people I don't normally talk to

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
18 Feb 2015 16:48 #29 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Replied by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives) on topic February Event highlights.
Lots of fun this past event!

Got involved with plot more then normal. New guards members! Nalick doing an awesome job during down time at the barracks! Got promoted. Talking to spirits. Tower mod was a lot of fun. Glad we got to Aluyhn in the nick of time. (Don't fight behind the bar!) Lots of RP with people I normally don't get a chance to. Feast was delicious. Glad I now have a notebook to write everything I learn down into. Actually getting to one of the guard meetings. Brother Aldrics mass was fun. Can't wait for next event, see you all there!

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Templar Aldric (Selrik)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
18 Feb 2015 21:19 - 19 Feb 2015 13:51 #30 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic February Event highlights.
Overhearing Leslie and a mom talking about the mom's son leaving his boots at home (around 2 1/2 hours away) and wanting to know where there is a place nearby to get a pair. Spying me, Leslie said I would know. After telling the mom directions I thanked her, because I had ammo to bust his chops all weekend, which I did.

"Yo, Lydius, nice boots."
"Lydius, your boots are very stylish. When did you get them?"
Thank youy, Nancy Alexander. To be fair, I did tell her that Nathan is a fine young man.

I really enjoyed providing hot meals and cold for the players.

Lots of entertaining in Pendarvin, which was comfortable, temperature wise.

The opportunity to interact with those I seldom have the opportunity to work with.

My introduction of the 200 GP bar.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 19 Feb 2015 13:51 by geezer (geezer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.876 seconds