May 2015 highlights

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
18 May 2015 09:49 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
May 2015 highlights was created by JTinney (Swordsaint)
So another event has gone by….. and I can only say this:

Holy crap.

Just a fairly intense event and to be honest, listening to various players and their opinions on parts of the main plot for the weekend showed how involved the majority of players were in the story. Excellent work, ST’s and Marshalls!
I also want to give kudos to just everyone who helped try to find Arthur the Cat- it is hoped that he will return soon. He knows where warmth, food water and petting’s are to be had….

My highlights and anecdotes:
Friday entry into the Inn by the Jungle crew en-mass and the greetings from friends. “Where have you been?” was a common question. The welcome the Jax got alongside us… was for the most part commonly polite and good.
Puckerfactor with the Ksin representative. Dodging him was a task.
Tour of Travance and trying to explain why the Monastery was altar-free. Then trying to explain to Godric when he arrived during the tour. Said Paladin was nooooooot happy.
Nobles listening to stories and watching Ardin and Gideon answer in the respective patterns observed on big decisions.
The Jaxuarian version of kitty scamper/rips.
Fighting monsters and undead with the Jax- fun times even when it was mad hectic. The appearance of the undead spawning crystal… was disturbing. And foreshadowing.
Saturday moring…. And the response of the townsfolk on Saturday morning to the men of King Ksin looking for the Jax to capture them… Way to be, Travance!
Hearing of the camp springing up past Winterdark…. And the decidedly unkind for polite company words said. And by more than I.
Trying to convince a particular Lord it was an invasion. Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like other ducks that have come to travance… “no, it’s a sparrow.” Really? He had an entire table full of townsfolk who thought he was smoking the halfling leaf….
Sir Daniel and I in conversation with Kleiden:
Kleiden: We know Ksin is a lich.
Daniel and I look at each other then at her. : Ummm…. M’lady, we sorta had a feeling. Thanks for confirming that though.

More walking travance during the day with the Jax and plans being made…

FEAST!!!!! Nommy pork and beans. Excellent meal, Diane!

Post feast and trying to find out what the plans were. Learning there was no real plan other than the peace mission…. Was a facepalm moment.

The Main fight…. And trying to figure out why no one was pushing the flank. By the time someone FINALLY figured this out, it was a near defeat on the field. But a surge and the chase into the Ziggrat was on.

Stone wall barrier? No problem. Two McKraegors with Chaos Blast and a Brazenite with a mithral hammer…. Then a player comes up with a magic item- Portable Door. Through the entry hall and up the corridor.

Sounds in the walls… All sorts of lores called and no answers forthcoming.
“Trade Stonemason?”
“Yes! You know that sound to be stone supports cracking as if its getting ready to collapse.”

Pass that info out to the others…. And it becomes the big push into the Chamber.

Once in the chamber… its fighting along side some serious beef in the form of no less than four paladins and Templars…. And the Jaxuarians.

Wield Faith, Wield faith, wield faith… holding the Undead at bay while I try to guide others in to hammer them. Then Anonda the JAX paladin comes along side with Greater Wield Faith which forces them all back.
A shared look…. and the shared grin as we come to the same conclusion - “Lets herd them into the corner!”
Undeadn herded into a space and the Travancians available proceed to deliver a beat down.

Undead herding happened once more then it was HOLD
Goose: Where is the Stone Mason?
Me: Over here…. (walk over)
Goose: The chamber is starting to shake and you are fairly certain there is about fifteen minutes before this chamber collapses
Me: Oh joy… (turns around and goes back to position then 3.2.1.layon) Travance! This place is about to collapse. WE got 12 minutes before we become meat paste!

Fight fight fight, wield, wield, wield… Keep the undead at bay so we can get out.
Oh shit greater undead- then Anonda with Destroy Evil

More wield wield wie- WAYLAY

Dragged out, brought around and get back into the fight- no one is being left behind if I can help it.
Billinham gets turned…. And its Godric and Brogan who are the last ones out with me as we can’t get to him to drag him out- or at least chase us….

Post battle…. And the departure of Anonda and his shadow. New friends made and promises made to come help if asked… Travance handshake of friendship then the Jaxuarian one…. And Anonda leaves.

Back to Winterdark then the barracks then the Inn in the company of Brogan. Valosian Templar and Brazenite priest in discussion over “things”…

Sunday Morning!

My first lesson given as a Master Warrior Teacher. And as it should be, the lesson is geared to the person and not likely to be forgotten….

It was then game was done for me…. Pack up, clean up and help break down the Gaian mass spot.

The ride home wound up being hellish but we all survived.

Looking forward to the next event I can make- with move and work, I will be missing WitL and June.

See everyone in July!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
18 May 2015 11:51 - 21 May 2015 14:28 #2 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic May 2015 highlights
So many old friends coming back! Colin would have gotten tackle hugged if not for the fire pit behind him.

Pendarvin/Celt hangout Saturday

Lovely lore phys reps. Ilana'll be copying down the knowledge for everyone ASAP. (do you want the phys reps back? I kind of almost rushed out on Sunday, I'm sorry)

The poor nature's herald that was getting attacked that Ilana fortunately realized was probably not a threat (thank goodness)

Mildly concerned when the ambassador showed up and I had the Jaxuarian scroll on the table (closed up, but those feathers were pretty obvious) At least he continued to stay smiles.

*puts flower in hair* *blush*

Hanging out with Jaxuarians.

Meeting Tamzin 2.0 (1.5?)

Viktor and Jon showing up in the same event! So happy to see they're both doing well.

Epic nosebleed caused the disruption of a pretty neat plan to disrupt the first ritual *grump*

Daredevils are absolutely the worst NPCs to fight. The end.

Ilana offered an important job that doesn't involve scholar/doctor stuff o.o

Wearing some brighter colors on Sunday and being complimented a bunch. Then someone said Ilana matched George. Then, she suddenly felt maybe she shouldn't be wearing colors anymore (I honestly thought a Maroon/Orange would avoid a Red/Yellow comparison for some silly reason)
--
George's first Valence lesson (and how I feel all of them are going to go):
"Okay, I know you're having a bit of trouble with four strands just um... pick at two or more."

*George roughly grabs a handful and starts twisting them together successfully*

Not impressed/maybe mortified Ilana: "George, how many did I say?"

"two OR more"

"...."
---

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 21 May 2015 14:28 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyros (Tyros), Dorn (Aradiel), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
18 May 2015 13:08 #3 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic May 2015 highlights
Highlights from the war dog.

Seeing aunties and unkles. Making more Aunties and Unkles from new player. Theyz were aewsome sauce. Hunting bad guyz. Attacking with barks and Corralling Undeadz. Cold water and fish in the lake on sore feet. Things were woofriffic cavoring on the docks and the sand. Camping with mom and unkle sean. Id have bitted that mummy if i got a chace id have unraveled him! Mom said no hes make me a zombie dog and we cant have that.

Lowlight was having to look for Arthus cat and not finding him.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
18 May 2015 19:07 #4 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic May 2015 highlights
Had a blast this event.

In no particular order:

RP with all the usual suspects, and then some: Ilana and George Friday night. Raxas & Skull and the people for that conversation(?).

Swyft's RP Friday, and the BS I put her through ;) thanks for having the patience of a saint.

Everything I saw from the Jax crew throughout the event! Awesome RP everyone!

Marshaling Saturday and the BS I put a bunch of players through, glad you guys enjoy the abuse :P Had a lot of fun, and my NPCs were kicking ass.

Post Feast RP with Tinney, Leslie, Stacey, Renee, Alice, and Nadi. A+ Would Blaspheme and heresy again. For such a small scene right in the corner it was absolutely one of highlights of this character's history, thank you all for that.

Getting whomped on Main Mod, totally deserved.

RP with Renee and Tori post main mod. Intense RP was intense, particularly with the setup from post feast RP.

All in all good event, great role play, always good to meet up with everyone, but super sore.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyros (Tyros), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Dorn (Aradiel), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Swyft (agentswift), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
18 May 2015 23:02 #5 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic May 2015 highlights
Well let's see,

NPC shift friday night playing a barbarian and crashing a funeral not once but twice.

Unwanted saturday wake up. Followed by getting paralyzed alot. Helping set and clean up feast. Ripping shorts and physreps taken bad while doing said help.

Master warrior lesson and finally being promoted.

Hoping the sun doesn't bake me to a crisp and i can keep showing up.

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
18 May 2015 23:38 #6 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic May 2015 highlights
Story time with Karkat. Nothing else matters.

But also, A+ RP with Gus and Christine (fancy ring trio), Reneé (thank you for the intervention, I hope your ankle is better today), and John (it's good to be able to hear your name without spitting on the ground or calling you the scum of the earth I guess? :P)

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Dorn (Aradiel), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Swyft (agentswift)
18 May 2015 23:40 - 18 May 2015 23:42 #7 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic May 2015 highlights
So lets see where to start

NPC Shift starting as a Pirate to help out Gene which was probably one of the most interesting mini mods I have helped with. Then went to play undead for the beginning of the main plot.... we where so weak at first... went out as a higher level and just got the defeated look when crippled and try to possess people and all of the attacks where intercepted by 3 people at the same time....

walking around the camp looking for something to do and then impromptu vampire mod with Karkat and Magnus and a few other witch hunters.

bed time and then shortly after being attacked at 5:30am npcs have bad aim with spell packets is all I got to say....

sleep a little bit more and then the long day of fighting undead.

helped with tower which was interesting but FOIG as the new players will have some interesting things to deal with

Best story time ever with Karkat reading Swyfts adventures out loud

master warrior lesson and various other RP stuff on sunday and lessons...

Can not wait for WITL hope to see everyone there

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
Last edit: 18 May 2015 23:42 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher). Reason: Forgot Story Time with Karkat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Swyft (agentswift), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
19 May 2015 00:52 - 19 May 2015 23:29 #8 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic May 2015 highlights
Coming into game with the Jaxuarians after a month in the jungle- such fun. It was truly wonderful getting to know all the Jaxuarians and spending time with folks I don't usually get to spend time with in game.

Their reaction to Don Kel'lard was priceless.

Equally, Atrus trying to get me away from Mr. Kel'lard because even HE was afraid of him was disturbing... And also touching. Yay, he's continuing to learn how to care!

Brother Aldric's altar in the barracks was lovely. Seeing the jaxuarians' devotion to Valos (Sol o' Set) as they bowed in reverence before the beautiful altar was inspiring.

The undead party at the impromptu obelisk outside of the inn was exciting.

Deep conversations with Atrus outside of the monastery about the trials and tribulations of redemption and how important it is to forgive ourselves so that we can move on. Amazing rp as always, John!

The interaction with the water elemental from the druid circle of ten! Oh my gosh you were so cute! I had a great time with all the PCs and NPCs involved!

Running into Karkat at the shack was a horrific surprise... I must have jumped ten feet. So unfair. Cross another “worst thing ever” off the list for Swyft!

Ben Herman/Bob thanks for that figurative mic drop when discussing the tenets of the White Fox. That was quite a moment.

I still don't know what was going on with the sickly man crawling toward Jed's shack, but it was made pretty clear that there would be problems I couldn't deal with if I stayed...

However, these visits are also fortuitous, for it was through Jed that I was introduced to Ignatius (or is it Indigo? I've heard both names now!) the dashing swordsman. His constant displeasure expressed when he saw someone using a staff as a weapon was hilarious. And did you know he started the goblin wars by saying that the leader had something in his teeth... LOL!
He offered to take Swyft on as his apprentice, and I felt it wise to accept. We had some pretty decent fun sparring and training with some pretty darn skilled people down in Alissandria! What neat tricks I was taught! Please let's make a habit of that!

(P.S. Tork looked great with a rainbow reflective shield.)

Being accused by Silas Crone that I was making Jed “ineffective” was horrible... and the implications of the shared sentiment of others is disturbing.

The McGregor's delicious cookout!

Mother Remi's theological debate of a mass!

I went and twisted my ankle so I couldn't go to main mod, but it was okay, because I was left in the inn under the loving care of Terezi and Karkat...

Thus ensued the most ridiculous hours of my entire weekend.
Swyft got to hug a Karkat without being murdered, something I never thought would happen. Sadly, it was only because he bestowed a daydream on her and she saw him as a paladin of Light and wanted to congratulate him on his life choices. ;)

Storytime with Karkat was born, out of his stealing Swyft's “progress journal” for her misguided friends. I couldn't even be mad, it was so funny!

And so many angry looks from momma Terezi anytime I dared to stand up or walk on my ankle for any amount of time! “Mother of dragons. And cats.” <3

HOURS of this. Beautiful.

Swyft got to play counselor for Atrus and Terezi to try and help them mend their friendship. (Turns out Terezi is not a fan of Galladel.) How delightful that it lead to them reconciling! (For the most part... I think...)

The fake guard meeting. We still don't know how that rumor got started! I blame Larry!

Meeting Miss Demeanor. (Alice, I love her!)

The spar with Atrus that got a little too unsettling thanks to his eyes turning black again. I think Swyft might have PTAD...

I'm sure I'm forgetting other amazing moments, but please realize I cherish these moments as they happen! <3 Thank-you all for being awesome!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 19 May 2015 23:29 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Dorn (Aradiel), Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
19 May 2015 01:29 #9 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic May 2015 highlights
Friday night was intense emotionally, and felt so real that I gave myself a mild case of heartburn. After wandering frantically all over the Camp searching for Croí and worrying a handful of people, I finally found her, but was at an OOG/IG loss for words. Later on, I found her again and... just... good heavens.

The whole bar broke out in song , led by Billiam and some new townsfolk. We need more singing. Everywhere. I can't remember how many songs we ended up singing, but it was amazing, especially when Magnus sang. I've never seen him so enthusiastic.

Having difficulty getting to sleep and deciding that if I put my head on a pillow, I wouldn't wake up until Feast was served, I grabbed a cup of coffee and went for a walk. Owen shared with me the story of the Black Knight on the Black Horse. If you've never heard it before, there was enough repetition that it's now lodged soundly in my head and I would be glad to retell it.

All of the people I got to RP with Friday night, some rarely like Galen and Magnus, and to an extent Grim. Also, getting to meet Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins for a brief moment. If you asked me in-game, I would definitely wish the circumstances were better, but OOG I would not. Thank you, guys.

Saturday afternoon getting a visit from the future. Damn it, Ben. xD

I bumped into Elias and Kat (sorry, I couldn't tell whether you guys were PCing or not) in the Inn and they told me they were buying and selling commodities. After politely turning down a Flask of Efficiency, I offered them the five cases of wine that Mother Remi bestowed on me--there is PLENTY more where that came from, trust me.

You should've seen the look on their faces when I told them I could open a bottle of wine with a shoe. If you just read that, it was probably similar to yours right now.

Talks with Mother Remi. Saturday afternoon, I got teary when she was saying sweet things about Nalick. Sunday afternoon, she taught me to be a Priest and said she couldn't really teach me, because I was already performing the role. Aww shucks, Remi.

Feast was delicious and I got to sit at a table with new townsfolk. Plenty of jokes.

I'll see you guys at WITL!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Swyft (agentswift), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
19 May 2015 02:10 #10 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic May 2015 highlights
"new" players are people from 5 years ago the Clan McKraegar/McSweeney

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Dorn (Aradiel), Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton), Croínamara (Jen), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
19 May 2015 03:03 - 19 May 2015 03:06 #11 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic May 2015 highlights
Wow. This month...

Death, mourning, new curse words and trying to gather base information about an ambassador. I left this event with my character not really knowing which way was up. Which is completely appropriate I think. Massive shoutouts to Katie and Matt D and Sam S.

Highlights:
Rayven's pyre, Leandra's sudden appearance and everything that came after.

Not dying! Er... in real life. I think I scared the hell out of Norm and Andy with that close call... SORRY GUYS! Also the meeting that came after!

Phokus Warden meeting, getting stuff done, being forced to turn emotions back on.

I had fantastic roleplay this weekend with Albert, Lawrence, Mirwen, Caldor, Katie and Charlie. Research instruction from Gideon! And of course there was the impromptu Saturday night meeting of the Church of the Hat with May and Feldman. Clytie has been recanonized as St. Clytie the Apathetic, Our Lady of Snark. :P I love the Travancian Algonquin Table :P

I want to thank EVERYONE who helped with setup for feast, we had to make some very quick changes to the layout of the dining room because of rain. You guys were fantastic!

Quote of the month:
Lois: Grim you are an awful bodyguard
Grim: Where are you going?
Lois: Off to die.
Grim: Wait! Come back!

See everyone at WitL! Time to split between being a dwarf and a Londwyn! :P

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 19 May 2015 03:06 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Dorn (Aradiel), Croínamara (Jen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
19 May 2015 08:12 - 19 May 2015 08:20 #12 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic May 2015 highlights
Highlights...everything. Id like to say that is all... Seriously best character growth game in a long time.

Seeing everyone is always great, seeing everyone interact with Mel is even better. She loves her Aunts and Uncles so much. Sean witnessed what im calling the Collie KR effect. Mel you want to go? Silence. Mel you want to go? Silence. More excited voice. MEL you want to GO?!? Silence. Change to normal voice You want to go to KR? Excited high pitched puppy barking!

Friday was awesome setting up camp in the new tent. Getting things set. Gifted blocks from Kaladonia. Just very cool stuff.
Friday night was wandering fun. Meeting the Jaxs. The girls were awesome! Surprising Duncan by knowing who Soloset was... And naming off the old Travance Jaxs like a role call of honor.

The Baronial War Dog whining when standing made it an early night. But...

Crack of dawn...i mean the false dawn had me up. I was alone through as the War Dog slept the rest of the Morning with Uncle Sean Donald. Helped out four new players which altered my patrol course into finding the barrier and doing a full recon. Two hours out around down the set barrier. All the while constructing an assault plan since this could only come from 'there' and could only be a bad deal. Anything parked in your backyard is a bad deal. Too bad no one listened on the plans... Again. But the info was taken at least.

And the encounter on the road with the Ambassador that lead to a discussion on the Inn steps and the help of a psion...

Later Saturday wardog in hand enjoying a cold drink got interupted by another obelisk... Softening and recon testing defenses with these things was all I could think. The wardog in a fight was awesome. I had to drop her lead and quickly told her stay close. And into the fight we went. Great fracus. Thank goodness for defensive moves. Shes excited barking circling the undead tring to keep things together. Then Mom goes down after trying to pull another out of the fracas. No stopping the wardog getting to Mom.

Jeff you and that team get Kudos! Her first major battle involvement with multiple targets was awesome! Love some feedback from any involved on what you thought of her and her actions. We have been working with her at fighter practice. That was why the quick demo right after. Kyle i cant wait to see those shots!

Quan Lu and the barrier. Snoozing in Alisandria on the bench. The beach pond with the Kaladonian crew and collie rips in the sand.

Keevy's meditation on Totem Spirit. After she found out OOG I'm an Animist. Fyi my Ladybird I have three RL. PM me if you want to know more. FB or here. Love love love to talk to you about it. The walk through the incense was intense.

Atrus at the table post feast! Intense RP of a type I've not had in ages was amazing! Redemption backslides and two internal forces was amazing!! It lead to another...

By arrangment and understanding Main was no place for the Wardog but that lead to a long talk with Dr. Tobias Armitage. I hope i spelled that right... Motivations of an old Travancian Blue Dragoon are deep and shallow at once. He's great at what he does gang. Awesome character. It was a non combative main mod except a bit of knife play. Awesome times. Donald keeping watch and providing counterpoint on occasion was great.

Thank Gaia Birgitta was sane this event.

Sleep after and Sunday morning early again made things interesting. Showers were cold in the Winterdark Bathhouse... The Wardog in tow. Aftermath was all the night before and the early mornings of Travance is peaceful. Lessons time weather just counterpoint to the intensity of the night and day before.

Great stuff. Sadly the bad guy got away again... I expect to see more Jaxs in Travance.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
Last edit: 19 May 2015 08:20 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta). Reason: Typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Dorn (Aradiel), Swyft (agentswift), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
19 May 2015 08:13 #13 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic May 2015 highlights
Biggest IG highlight: Elric discovering that his family took over the adventurer's guild.

Main Mod Highlights: Channeling Winks
Murder monkey vs. team Magnus (That was fun as hell)

I didn't get to experience much of the event, for OOG reasons, but I hope to fix that during Week in the life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel)
19 May 2015 11:30 #14 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
And of course I forgot one! Post game highlight: Jen F's mom is awesome! After dropping Jen off she came out with tea and coffee for us in the car! Jen! Your mom rocks!

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Croínamara (Jen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
19 May 2015 14:40 #15 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic May 2015 highlights
I don't have the wherewithall for a full summary, so here are highlights:

Midnight Mass - awesome as always.
Being asked by two of my favorite people to give them Arch Caster lessons. So sad i had to turn the second one down... at least for this month.
Croi- Magnus Rider!

Having my yenta/relationship advisor stuff come again. So happy, and I look forward to working with you!!!

So... many... freaking... fire fortitude runes.

Leaving Saturday and coming back saturday night sucked.

Productive Church Meeting!!!!
Productive Druid Meeting!!!
Awesome communing with nature!!!!

Clytie's peaches.

Late night philosophy and tactical discussion with Keavey was fantastic.

And of course: STORY TIME WITH KARKAT!!!! "He pointed the...... crossbow at the baby"

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Swyft (agentswift), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
19 May 2015 15:09 - 19 May 2015 15:15 #16 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic May 2015 highlights
Lemon Tea Tree soap: 1, Ticks and Mosquitos: 0 :D

Had a ton of fun, everything hurts, but was well worth it. Highlights I can recall include:

~ Getting a ton of compliments pre lay-on for my costuming and make up for the new alt! Thank you all I very much appreciate it and for those who asked, the boots indeed survived the weekend. They just need to be cleaned / oiled.

~ Bringing in a character who is a nice departure from Angeliana. Much needed stress relief by running into combat and kicking some bandit ass. Getting yelled at by Dr.Goggings for killing a bandit:

"Everyone deserves to live!"

me: "Yea sure, he lived, he died, now I get his stuff" (wink)

~ Getting recognized by some Coast Heaveners as a small coast heaven legend. "You... holy shit, pleasure to meet you in person." "Shhh... " (lifts eyepatch to wink)

~ All the shit I can't talk about... wow, didn't disappoint. Licking the blade was fun, look on your face was priceless, you know who you are.

~ Torturing the hell out of an NPC, thank you for going along with it, was tons of fun.

~ Papa Gypsy. That's all I need to say really. You are hilarious.

~ Warden meeting.

~ Brief awesome RP with Angeliana post feast with Atrus, Brigitta, Duncan and Tari. I regret noticing the stupid rings Stacey.

~ Lessons with Lawrence, Albert and much needed mood lifter conversations with Shee. I love your ogre Janice.

~ Brief interraction with Maria's Jax. Angeliana caressed her hair and patted her because she looked very stressed. To my absolute surprise, she did the same to Angeliana, then asked: "Are we mated now?" RP gold. Later during main mod when Angeliana refused to leave billum in the collapsing cave Maria's jax tried to sleep poison her to get her out. <3

~ Main mod madness. First event with battle casting. Worth every single build. Point click healing unded by surge casting light wounds on them = priceless. Furthermore, look on people's face when Angeliana melted a whole lot of undead = more priceless. Yup, she doesn't hit anything alive, undead, whole other story. The moment when Magnus and another person I am forgetting backed an Chris's NPC boss into my hand for a nice large inflict wounds was epic.

~ Kicking and screaming, refusing to leave the collapsing structure without Billium because he'd die. Getting ordered to leave and promised he'd live by several people. 5 minutes later, Billium's spirit appears near Angeliana. Yelling out curses. Veil mastery bringing him back on the spot and all that RP. Thanks Gene.

~ The Wield Faith wall of clergy holding all the undead back before they all ashed away. First time in a long time I felt we had a presence.

~ Phylactery chats with Tari, Danny, Ardin, Belechand, Marika in Winterdark.

~ Demeanor getting asked to "educate" Albert. ;)

~ Sparring with Atrus as Demeanor after asking him for an ass kicking.

~ Poker game with Elias and crew. Lessons learned: Not a good idea to inflict pain on a red glowing turtle. Also, luck vs. pocket aces; luck won. But we both know who really did, right Andy?

Overall it was a fun event, despite a phobia freak out with which I got tons of support. Thank you KR family you all rock. Hope to see you WITL's weekend.

Take care!

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 19 May 2015 15:15 by Angeliana (Angeliana). Reason: I can't spell :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Atrus (Atrus), Dorn (Aradiel), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Dorn
  • Thank Yous: 45
19 May 2015 16:57 #17 by Dorn (Aradiel)
Replied by Dorn (Aradiel) on topic May 2015 highlights
First off.....I missed Jen's mom? Dam it!!

Second, to all who NPCed this weekend both on Main Mod and other times you were all fantastic! Hard Working and thick skinned. Thanks for all the help for last minute stuff on Main Mod. I still find myself learning after 20+ years of larping.

I hope you all liked the look of things, we are always trying to be very story heavy and visually impressive. I think we did it this event.

All the Pc's did such and impressive job of RPing that I was present for well done to both new, old, and new old Players this weekend. It was a pleasure to make your event hopefully as fun as possible.

Also thanks to Goose, Kirsten, Padma, Maria, Katie, Sean, Sean, Chris, Eric and any I forgot for giving it your all!!

Sorry to the PC's that died, I tried to be as merciful as possible, but hey 2 Death Knights, and a Death Assassin are not bad in my book.

xoxoxo
See you next week

Jeff
xoxoxox

Dorn Marblecarver

-Killer of goblins and Trolls....the filthy gits-

(Jeff Mclean)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), JTinney (Swordsaint), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
19 May 2015 17:02 #18 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)

Dorn wrote: First off.....I missed Jen's mom? Dam it!!

No, Jen's mom didn't come to game. Though Jen says she's trying to get her to come back. BUT OMG she's such an awesome lady! :) I've heard all these stories about when she came to game and I hope she comes back soon!

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Dorn (Aradiel)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
19 May 2015 17:25 #19 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic May 2015 highlights
Bahahahahhaha!
Rest assured, Mom most definitely wants to come back to game. She just has a ton of real life responsibilities at the moment.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
19 May 2015 18:24 #20 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic May 2015 highlights
My Highlights, well, Sean Moulson. You kicked ass. You got my vote for NPC of the month. You saved my PC. You worked with new players for what seemed forever, and just stopped. All of the Jaxs, the plot was epic. I can't say enough about this event.

The pyre of Templar Ravyen...very deep. Sir Winder and Knight Cpt Magnus, and Galen Ghaust, how many vampires died? ALL OF THEM, is the answer. I think Ricky had as much fun as I did. I hope you all did, that was awesome.

The Mage Guild and Cult of Miranda meeting, that was intense. Romeo, you really are great to RP with. Thanks for being there and helping us, we do try. Steve and Tori, y'all be mad funny, but y'all are scary. I'm just gunna hope that is what Your going for, yeah, sure it is.

All the undead, tag skill mix up. Rest assured, if I miss up, Bill Hannings or Chris Mack is there, on that note;

Justin Cooper, didn't kick my ass this event, rest easy though, Bill Hannings picked up your slack. You two remind me to check stuff again, and try harder. I'm not a pro, bit y'all will make me one.

I really hope the Newer Players liked Tower Mod, or Adventurers Guild as it is called now. I support the Hell out of all of em. I will always volunteer to help that Team.

Feast, we got that out fast ppl. It was so good. So good, it is in my highlights.

Main Mod: What Shield Wall? Thanks Matt and Katie Defranza, I was out of it...like big time there for a bit.

That night was great, I can't help bit say FOIG, but I got to. Those involved, your good people and great to rp with.

Sunday, Training. I taught folks as much as I could.

That is about is for now, I know I missed some of y'all, sorry for it. See y'all at witl.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
19 May 2015 18:46 - 19 May 2015 18:46 #21 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic May 2015 highlights
Thanks for letting me play Qoo'zel for you all! There was some top notch RP from everybody I interacted with, and paid off to be my friend. Kirsten, Padma, Jeff, and Goose did it again and put on an amazing event!

Funny, though, how everybody wanted his wealth but nobody wanted to be Qoo'zel's friend when he really needed one. Hope you all like cursed gold...

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
Last edit: 19 May 2015 18:46 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Dorn (Aradiel), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
19 May 2015 20:11 #22 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic May 2015 highlights
It was a pleasure to see everyone and I had a great time wheeling and dealing as Sullivan. It was great to roll as a low key non-combat PC and spend some time just straight up merchanting. I loved the chance for some solid RP with everyone who did business with J and Sullivan for Selkie&Siren! It was also fantastic to have a chance to run into Chris Mack's ambassador and exchange some coin. The card game was a blast -particularly with the addition of the inauspicious glowing red turtle!

Side note: I'm really pleased with the comfort of Sullivan's clothes and giant straw hat in the warmer weather so look out for more merchanting in the coming months!

I also had fun as a member of the undead hoard during Main Mod. I could tell ya'll were having a blast killing me ("awwww, the cutest little skele!") and I couldn't help smiling as I saw great RP from many of you taking my meagre hits. ("ow. What was that? OW! OOF!" )

Also, "Should we help? Naw. They can heal each other." heheheh.

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
19 May 2015 21:44 #23 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic May 2015 highlights
There was a guy in the Inn Saturday post main mod that I threatened with a broken bottle. There was also a guy who came to that guy's defense but who couldn't get past my Avoidance spell. Props to both of you, may we have more splendid conflict in the future.

Playing the Nature's Herald Saturday morning was fun. It left an impression on mew when the first PC I encountered attacked me on sight. Sometimes, you just need to throw spells needlessly and cut loose.

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Cyrik (rez413)
19 May 2015 22:35 #24 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic May 2015 highlights
this was a very conversation heavy game, and my first one NOT on the guard....

-Leslie was right in assuming that the Blood Spirit cross woaded over the face would not attract undue attention.

-A lesson in mercantilism from Dmitri. A game well played.

-a conversation with Yaya and Papa gypsy regarding one of their number. Donny likes the traveling folk well enough, and wants to stay on their good side.

-Conversations on Celt issues with Seamus, plus a lesson.

-Possible new Blood Spirits....

-watching the Focus because no one thought to hire the Mercenaries...and some unexpected info.

-NPC shift- Skeletons with crossbows! Oppressed Psions! Insanity!

Unfortunately, my car died at the wendy's on the way home, so my adventure was extended a little bit. but it was an exercise in trust, which is something I have to learn to do all over again as a human being. thank you to all who helped or tried to help.

That's all I can remember at this time. Till next time, Wear your seatbelt, Don't run with scissors, and drink milk.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
19 May 2015 23:28 #25 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic May 2015 highlights
Walked in Friday night in atypical garb. A lot of questioning looks. Maybe 1 in 3 recognized Mirwen without a corset and skirts. ...Win...?

Also, step through a portal after dealing with nothing but undead for a month. Not two seconds later: "Mirwen! There's a crystal outside that undead are coming out of, they say it's sorcery!" And all that she could think was "UUUUUUUGH."
She is so, so tired of dealing with undead.

Being pulled in about five different directions all weekend and trying to properly prioritize. I don't know if I like being an important person :P

A combination of things in the past few months has made me realize that, even though I've only been at game for three or four years, I'm getting to the point of being one of the 'old' players. The rules are different, a lot of players don't know about important characters that are gone, and perhaps what sealed it was in April when, at bar mass, Kwildar pointed out he was eating a cookie and I was one of four people (of about 15) that reacted in any way beyond a blank stare. (On top of most of them not realizing what a big deal it is for Kwildar to be in town.) Is four years really all it takes?

There were tons of others, but I just can't think of them. Roleplay, as always, was fantastic all around.

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Dorn (Aradiel), Croínamara (Jen), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
20 May 2015 09:51 - 20 May 2015 09:52 #26 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic May 2015 highlights
Coming back after 9 months was a mixed bag of emotions between feeling awesome and having panic attacks.

Unintentionally arriving on the month where the rest of the family showed up was pretty awesome. I really only saw one for more then a few moments, but it was still pretty cool. Seeing Collin (for 2 minutes) Brought back so many Ekat emotions and feels.

Gypsy Tea Party and the Gaia Pop-o-matic Bubble- Scones. Yummy Scones...

Telling Mother Elle that we should just disband the church and the look on her face of that I just killed her puppy was priceless.

Swiping Bat Coopers Chainmail, and telling people that I stole it from him and left him on a beach with a big bottle of booze and forced him to vacation. Everyones reaction "Yeah... He needs a vacation." No one yelled at me for stealing his stuff, NOT EVEN THE MEMBER OF THE GUARDS I spoke with.

Bumblebee Willpower Lesson! That was probably the best Willpower lesson cause we were both freaking out cause of the bees.

Scone talk. Cause Well... Scones.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
Last edit: 20 May 2015 09:52 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
20 May 2015 13:47 - 20 May 2015 13:48 #27 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic May 2015 highlights

Ekatarina McKraegar wrote: Telling Mother Elle that we should just disband the church and the look on her face of that I just killed her puppy was priceless.

Swiping Bat Coopers Chainmail, and telling people that I stole it from him and left him on a beach with a big bottle of booze and forced him to vacation. Everyones reaction "Yeah... He needs a vacation." No one yelled at me for stealing his stuff, NOT EVEN THE MEMBER OF THE GUARDS I spoke with.

The first.... What Church of Travance? :)
The Second... a) he needed the vacation and b) The Guard not caring... Considering things, so not surprised. :)

We should talk. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 20 May 2015 13:48 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
20 May 2015 14:27 #28 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic May 2015 highlights
Grim chalked it up to a practical joke. That man needed a rest

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
20 May 2015 16:17 #29 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Replied by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer) on topic May 2015 highlights
Again! so much fun with everyone! So much good plot and amazing RP from everyone!

-getting to finally give some lessons (hooray!)

-totally ACE rp from Kanas, Jack, MsDemeanor, Typhon, Almat, Dimetri, Tobias, Atrus the list goes on and on!

-two dark elves in one place?!

-hearing swift and atrus sigh as I snuck around as an invisible stalker during NPC shift :p

-too many dissections too fast! not enough time to clean up and lots of "are you okay?"s

overall again an awesome event, main mod was tons of fun with wonderful sounds and lighting and some serious fight going on! I was impressed by the fight that the town put up and the amount of people who stuck around to make sure evil was truly dispatched!

cant wait for WITL

OOG: Taylor Fischer
  • Jack Thorn
  • Thank Yous: 42
20 May 2015 16:36 #30 by Jack Thorn (Soren Correia)
Replied by Jack Thorn (Soren Correia) on topic May 2015 highlights
I had such an amazing time interacting with both the Jaxuarians and the Ambassador. So many A+ rp interactions with so many people both in the pregame Jungles of Chacar group and the actual in-game interactions with people. Had a great time npcing as the mossed up druid elder. and switching up my combat rp to Jack's more primal "Jaxuarian" side after a month of fighting with them was fantastically fun at main mod. Overall had a fantastic event.

-Magistrate Faradhuin Aldaren Kelvar Ornthost (Jack Thorn)
OOG
Soren A. Correia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.910 seconds